SCHLAGERNS MYSTIK

Buy ZAMLA MAMMAZ MANNA Music
Studio Album, released in 1978

1. At Ragunda (1:37)
2. Seasonsong (3:48)
3. Proffesion is the Amateur's Glue (2:20)
4. Buttonless (2:15)

Search ZAMLA MAMMAZ MANNA Schlagerns Mystik lyrics

Search ZAMLA MAMMAZ MANNA Schlagerns Mystik tabs

- Hans Bruniusson / drums, xylophone, chimes, vibraphone, song
- Eino Haapala / electric guitar, acoustic guitar, vibraphone, song
- Lars Hollmer / electric piano, Korg polyphonic, Hohner-symphonic grand piano, accordion, song
- Lars Krantz / electric bass, double-bass, acoustic guitar, song

Silence (SRSCD 3610) Sweden 1978
"Schlagerns Mystik" was released together with "För Äldre Nybegynnare" as a double album.

and to Tuzvihar for the last updates

ZAMLA MAMMAZ MANNA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ZAMLA MAMMAZ MANNA Schlagerns Mystik Music

Familjesprickor (Family Cracks)Familjesprickor (Family Cracks)
Silence Recordings 2006
Schlagerns MystikSchlagerns Mystik
Silence Recordings 2006
SAMRA/ZAMLA BOX(paper-sleeve)(import)SAMRA/ZAMLA BOX(paper-sleeve)(import)
DIW Records (JAPAN)
SCHLAGERNS MYSTIK/FOR ALDRE NYBEGYNNARE(2CD) +1(paper-sleSCHLAGERNS MYSTIK/FOR ALDRE NYBEGYNNARE(2CD) +1(paper-sle
DIW Records (JAPAN)
Zamla Mammaz Manna Family Cracks Mainstream JazzZamla Mammaz Manna Family Cracks Mainstream Jazz
Records

More places to buy ZAMLA MAMMAZ MANNA music online Buy ZAMLA MAMMAZ MANNA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ZAMLA MAMMAZ MANNA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ZAMLA MAMMAZ MANNA Schlagerns Mystik ratings distribution

ZAMLA MAMMAZ MANNA Schlagerns Mystik reviews

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars This is one fine parody of the Swedish music scene of the time with many catchy and quite ridiculous tracks. Schlagerns Mystik (The Mystery Of Schlager) is definitely closer to the humor that I associate with Frank Zappa than any incarnation of a Lars Hollmer band. The album is split into two sides where the first one consists entirely of smart parodies of popular Swedish folk tunes. I guess that the genius of the lyrics might get lost in translation but the music is still a real treat for the ears.

The second side consists entirely of one 17-minute instrumental composition entitled Ödet (The Fate) and is anything but parody! This is where the guys get serious and make some fine progressive jamming music that in my opinion resembles Zappas 13-minute The Grand Wazoo-suite.

In conclusion I must warn that this might be acquired taste for fans of the classic prog-rock but if you are a fan of Zappa and seek something exciting to sink your teeth into then by all means try this.

***** star songs: Vid Ragunda (1:37) Årstidsvisan (3:48) Asfaltvisan (1:52)

**** star songs: Profession Är Amatörens Lim (2:20) Knapplösa (2:15) Liten Karin (4:15) Joosan Lost (0:25) Ödet (17:00)

*** star songs: Inte Margareta (3:47)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#257747) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 25, 2009

Review by Warthur
2 stars On this album Zamla Mammaz Manna take the circus music flirtations of their previous incarnation and turn them up to the max. Rune2000's review suggests that the intent was to parody the musical scene in Sweden at the time - well, that may or may not be the case, but if it's so it would explain why the album falls flat with me. RIO bands are supposed to play inaccessible music, of course, but in this case the band's ideas are only accessible if you already have a reasonably detailed background knowledge of the music scene in Sweden in 1978, which I suspect will exclude a great many listeners from appreciating this one to the fullest. Including me.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#559741) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 30, 2011

Review by GruvanDahlman
4 stars I remember distinctly buying this at a musicstore back in 1995. I was searching for swedish left-wing progressive music from the 70's and bought anything and everything I could get my hands on. I had heard of Samla Mammas Manna before but bought this CD mainly because of the record label, Silence, and the fact that they released a whole bunch of great records of the genre. Now, I wasn't prepared for this. I wasn't put off but rather stunned, mainly because the band seemed to distance themselves from the rest of the pack, even mocking music as a whole in producing an album of silly music. Actually it is more than that. It is silly, I'll grant you that, baut it is so brilliant and for me, born and raised in Sweden, the lyrics brings baffled smiles to my face again and again.

The music is, as always, a mixture of folk, circus music, prog, jazz, fusion, avant-garde, insanity, hard rock, intelligence, free form and beyond. The music ranges over everything, which is quite astonishing. The album is accessible and highly unaccessible. This is not music for those who cannot take musical bewilderment and chaos, yet it is structured and melodic in a weird way.

I may make it sound as if the music is not melodic, well it is. It is highly melodic. I suppose the key word is eclectic music through a bunch of musicians whims and chaotic notions. Harsh yet tender in places. Zamla Mammaz Manna is a unique group which is deserving of a greater place in music, not just just in Sweden but elsewhere aswell.

My favorite track is 'det (The fate). It is progressive rock at it's finest. The feeling is that of a group bursting at the seams. The riff is great and 'det has to be the most "proper" song of the album. It is a gem! The remainder of the tracks are amusing, yet brilliant in their own right, but it is 'det that takes the price.

All in all, I'd say it is a strange but clever album. Highly recommended for fusion fans as well as proggers of all trades, as it were. Mrvellous stuff.

Send comments to GruvanDahlman (BETA) | Report this review (#1035963) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 16, 2013

5 stars A masterpiece of progressive music? In my world - yes, definitely! Now, what has happened with my personal reviewing culture here at progarchives, is that I only write reviews for the albums I really is specially interested in, or albums of artists I really like. This is one of those albums... ... (read more)

Report this review (#78885) | Posted by Dommedagsprofet | Saturday, May 20, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The most of themes on this record are humorous and ironic "schlagerns" and the last track is 17-minute instrumental epic Ödet (The Fate) - Zamla/Von Zamla played that composition often in their gigs. Quiet interesting viewpoint at music in general and very swedish! ... (read more)

Report this review (#70114) | Posted by Rainer Rein | Tuesday, February 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Swedish lyrics filled with humour. Probably Samla's most accesible record - most songs are almost pop, but with prog twists. However, closing number "The Fate" is a long, heavy, touching instrumental, played at basically all Samla/Zamla gigs. ... (read more)

Report this review (#21611) | Posted by | Tuesday, August 24, 2004 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A blend of swedish folk and progressive. All songs are in Swedish, with a lot of humour. But even if you don't get the lyrics you will still feel the freshness, the communicative joy of this record. Different aspects of Zamla are in this record, the funny little masterpieces, and the melanchol ... (read more)

Report this review (#21610) | Posted by stej | Wednesday, June 30, 2004 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Actually...for me...its too weird....i know some like it (loveit?) These swede´s (and one finn) are quite capable musicians...but they´re just to much ...ahem....let me just mention that Zappa are quite ordinairy in contrast to these guys!! Not my cup of tea!! ... (read more)

Report this review (#21609) | Posted by Tonny Larz | Friday, November 14, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ZAMLA MAMMAZ MANNA "Schlagerns Mystik"