Airbag Come On In album cover

4. Crying Out (4.57)

Search AIRBAG Come On In lyrics

Search AIRBAG Come On In tabs

Free download EP from

Thanks to toroddfuglesteg for the addition

AIRBAG MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy AIRBAG Come On In Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Greatest Show on EarthGreatest Show on Earth
Airbag / 99 LuftballonsAirbag / 99 Luftballons
Vinyl$9.36 (used)
airbag : alto discoairbag : alto disco
Audio CD$26.94 (used)
All Rights Removed by AIRBAG (2011-10-25)All Rights Removed by AIRBAG (2011-10-25)
Karisma Records

More places to buy AIRBAG music online Buy AIRBAG & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for AIRBAG DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

AIRBAG Come On In ratings distribution

AIRBAG Come On In reviews

Review by memowakeman
3 stars Nice mellow prog-ternative!

The name of Airbag immediately reminds me to the first OK Computer track, and I don't really know if Radiohead inspired or has something to do with this Norwegian band, however, in this first EP I can hear some hints of them. Once again I went through the archives and realized that this band had their debut EP free-to-download, so I clicked and saved. And now I can say that I liked what I heard.

The progressive rock tendencies at least in this album are pretty limited, though they do exist, I found more the alternative rock side here, the result is a mellow mixture of both, which was good to my ears. This four-song EP entitled "Come on in" is actually my introduction to the band, right now I ignore if their following works have the same sound or not, but well, I will discover it soon.

It opens with "Come on in", which is a soft piece with relaxing atmospheres. The guitar is very delicate, so is the voice, which by the way reminded me a little bit to U2 at first. The song goes pretty slow, there are not so many changes, but it has a sweet sound overall. Turn the lights off and listen to it, you will like it.

"Moon Song" has a quite similar sound, so the band do have an own style. Here I like the acoustic guitar and the always present atmospheric background, made by keyboards. The five minutes may sound repetitive, but I actually think the song could have been more exploded, I mean, a couple of minutes more would have been perfect. This dreamy sound creates some images in my mind, and works as a relaxer.

"Take Me" almost reaches the seven minutes, it is the longest track on this EP. What I like here is that it gradually progresses, because it starts so slow and maybe weak, but little by little it becomes more interesting. After three minutes there is like a pause and then piano and vocals appear. Later it returns to its original form, and gradually progresses once again, there is also a short keyboard appearance which adds a very appropriate sound.

"Crying Out" is on the other hand, the weakest track here. Not bad at all, but not as good as the other three. The repetitiveness here does not really help getting involved in the song, actually, it makes you lose interest. This is also the closest track to alternative ? indie sound.

Well, I am happy with this Airbag EP, in spite of the first time I listen to it I thought it was weak, with more spins it grew up on me, and now I am interested in more of their work. My final grade, three stars.

Enjoy it!

2 stars This is the first studio recording from Airbag and now a free download from their homepage. I cannot help comparing Airbag with the fellow countrymen Gazpacho. Them, Coldplay and Radiohead. Add a bit of Pink Floyd to the mix and you get this demo EP. This EP has four medium long songs whi ... (read more)

Report this review (#347213) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Wednesday, December 08, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of AIRBAG "Come On In"