STEP INTO.....

Vienna

Vienna Step into.....  album cover

Buy VIENNA Music
Studio Album, released in 1988

1. Step into the vivid garden (3:44)
2. Gathering wave (3:27)
3. Schvelle (4:21)
4. Magic eyes (8:15)
5. Caution! (5:38)
6. Sleepless night (4:18)
7. Fall in alone (8:39)

Search VIENNA Step into..... lyrics

Search VIENNA Step into..... tabs

- Yukihiro Fujimura / vocals, guitars
- Toshimi Nagai / bass
- Ryuichi Nishida / drums
- Shusei Tsukamoto / keyboards

Cd. King/Crime K32Y 2175

VIENNA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy VIENNA Step into..... Music

Strauss: Music from Vienna, Vol. 2 (CD, Oct-1997, Point Classics) US $2.19 [0 bids]
31m 44s
Strauss Waltzes- Vienna Symphony - CD US $2.19 [0 bids]
31m 44s
JS BACH "ST LUKE PASSION" VIENNA STATE OPERA 3x LP BOX US $15.23 Buy It Now 32m 48s
VIENNA pour ne pas me toucher 7" b/w viens dans la chambre (90451) promo stamped US $56.19 Buy It Now 43m 14s
Strauss - Champagne From Vienna - Philharmonic - Willi Boskovsky - SDD474 (LP) US $13.54 Buy It Now 46m 8s
Strauss - Danube, Emperor, Roses South, Vienna Woods - Julius Rudel - TP362 (LP) US $5.07 Buy It Now 47m 28s
Strauss - Danube, Vienna Woods, Roses South, Voices Spring - CP533H (LP) US $5.07 Buy It Now 47m 38s
Philips 00139 PLUM JOHANN STRAUSS SOCIETY VIENNA MORALT US $21.00 Buy It Now 48m 56s
THE VIENNA OCTET-MENDELSSOHN Octet for 4 Violins, 2 Violas &2 Cellos-LONDON FFRR US $70.00 Buy It Now 48m 57s
Strauss - Emperor, Vienna Blood, Treasure - Vienna State, Josef Gruber - RDS6016 US $3.37 Buy It Now 49m 48s
Strauss - Fledermaus, Gypsy Baron - Vienna Phil- Heinrich Hollreiser - CFP40251 US $1.68 Buy It Now 50m 54s
Karajan(CD Album Promo)Edition: The Vienna Years-EMI-New US $24.99 Buy It Now 51m 26s
Strauss - Vienna Opera - Hans Swarowsky - Concert Hall - AM2186 (LP) US $5.07 Buy It Now 52m 38s
Strauss - Viennese Ballroom - Jan Marek - Vienna Light Opera - ZEP10029 (7" EP) US $8.46 Buy It Now 52m 49s
Strauss - Waltzes - Vienna State Opera, Julius Rudel - MFP57005 - Stereo (LP) US $1.68 Buy It Now 53m 39s
Strauss Family Concert - Vienna - Boskovsky - Decca Jubilee - JB28 - Stereo (LP) US $5.07 Buy It Now 54m 16s
Lang Lang - Live in Vienna - Near Mint (2CD 2010 Sony) Promo US $6.99 Buy It Now 59m 27s
Sarah Brightman: Symphony - Live in Vienna (2009) CD & DVD TAIWAN US $23.99 Buy It Now 1h
Joe Bonamassa - An Acoustic Evening At The Vienna Opera House (18 NEW LP US $26.10 Buy It Now 1h 4m
VIENNA MASTER SERIES - LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN SYMPHONIE NR 1 & 7 US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
414 169-1 - KHACHATURIAN - Symphony No 2 KHACHATURIAN Vienna PO - Ex LP Record US $15.23 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Boys Choir Of Vienna Woods, The - Romantic Vienna [LP] Sealed SS New Unopen US $8.00 [0 bids]
JOSEPH LANNER - DANCE MUSIC FROM OLD VIENNA - NEW CD US $9.84 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Tchaikovsky - Nutcracker, Romeo Juliet - Vienna - Karel Ancerl - 6870584 US $5.07 Buy It Now 1h 27m
RL 19080 - MOZART - Requiem VIENNA BOYS CHOIR - Excellent Condition LP Record US $15.23 Buy It Now 1h 29m
VIENNA-GUESS WHAT US $8.00 [0 bids]
RL 30469 - PLACIDO DOMINGO & THE VIENNA BOYS CHOIR - Excellent Con LP Record US $15.23 Buy It Now 1h 29m
SUPRAPHON LPM HAYDN SYMPHONY 92 OXFORD VIENNA STATE OPERA SCHERCHEN US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Rieu,Andre - Live In Vienna [CD New] US $22.13 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Berlin Philharmonic/Vienna P - Piano Concerto No. 4 /Piano Berlin Phil [CD New] US $15.51 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Berlin Philharmonic/Vienna P - Symphony No. 7 In A/Symphony Berlin Phi [CD New] US $15.51 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Berlin Philharmonic/Vienna P - Piano Concerto No. 2/Alceste Berlin Phi [CD New] US $15.51 Buy It Now 1h 37m
National Anthems of the World by Vienna State Opera Orchestra (CD, Bescol) US $1.50 [0 bids]
FALCO - Vienna Calling - 1986 UK 4-track 12" vinyl single US $33.87 Buy It Now 2h 10m
LINDA EDER - VIENNA - U.S. PROMO 2X12" VINYL US $8.98 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Bach, Famous Organ Works Vol 2, Vienna Master Series, CD 160 401 US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE STRAUSS COLLECTION CD Vienna State Opera Orchestra US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 33m
VON SUPPE OVERTURES STRAUS WALTZES HANS SWAROWSKY LP VIENNA STATE OPERA ORCH. US $8.99 [0 bids]
ROUMANIAN RHAPSODY, SILVESTRI VIENNA PHILHARMONIC - LP US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Strauss: Music from Vienna, Vol. 1 (CD, Oct-1997, Point Classics) US $18.77 [0 bids]
Mozart: Piano Concerto No. 15 / Leonard Bernstein, Vienna Philharmonic Orchest.. US $19.98 Buy It Now 2h 41m
1967 RCA Victor "Arthur Fiedler & Boston Pops - Tales From Vienna" Record (33) US $0.99 [0 bids]
ULTRAVOX - VIENNA / THE VOICE 7" OLD GOLD VINYL PS US $16.93 Buy It Now 2h 45m
EX 1961 Leontyne Price lp CHRISTMAS OFFERING Vienna Philharmonic von karajan US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 45m
EX rare 1979 Live London Import digital 2 lp NEW YEARS IN VIENNA will boskovsky US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 54m
STRAUSS WALTZES, JULIUS RUDEL AND THE VIENNA STATE ORCHESTRA LP WGS-8171 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Sir Clifford Curzon & Vienna Philharmonic Quartet LP Dvorak Quintet Schubert US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 58m
WAGNER DAS RHEINGOLD SOLTI FLAGSTAD VIENNA PO 3 LP BOX SET DECCA OSA 1309 US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 2m
Vienna Master Series Digital Classic Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Sonaten (CD) US $9.49 Buy It Now 3h 7m
RINGO STARR GOODNIGHT VIENNA VG+ TO VG++ US $3.00 Buy It Now 3h 9m
A night in vienna with the montovani orchestra US $5.00 [0 bids]
Vienna Fritz Reiner Living Stereo US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 17m
Vienna Gold, Vienna Gold, Good US $5.74 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Rieu, Andre, Forever Vienna Audio CD US $7.04 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Egilsson, Perdersen and Darling: Live in Vienna (DVD... US $5.07 Buy It Now 3h 22m
SEALED Beverly Sills & Julius Rudel / Welcome To Vienna LP US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 27m
VIENNA PHILH ORCH Franz Schalk Leonora Overture No3 12" 78 HMV D1614 US $22.01 Buy It Now 3h 31m
CURZON & VIENNA OCTET/trout quinetet/sealed ffss 6090 lp US $120.00 Buy It Now 3h 57m
Curzon,Curzon,Vienna Phil Quinet : Dvorak & Franck: Piano Quintets CD (1990) US $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 59m
LP UK DECCA BACKHAUS PIANO BEETHOVEN SCHMIDT-ISSERSTEDT VIENNA "PATHETIQUE RE ST US $9.00 [0 bids]
4h
EMI/ANGEL PROMO~Digital Re-Master~ BEVERLY SILLS:Welcome to Vienna ~SEALED MINT US $12.95 Buy It Now 4h
VANGUARD STEREOLAB~ Golschmann w/VIENNA~ MUSSORGSKY: Pictures / Bald ~SEALED! US $19.95 Buy It Now 4h
MOZART / KERTESZ / VIENNA PHIL ORCH - MOZART: SYM NOS 25 / 29 & 35 NEW CD US $16.29 Buy It Now 4h 6m
SEALED SACD GERGIEV Berlioz Symphonie Fantastique Borodina Vienna Philharmonic US $49.00 Buy It Now 4h 10m
MAAZEL/VIENNA PHILHARMONIC-WIENER BONBONS GERMA MINT CD US $5.98 Buy It Now 4h 17m
The Vienna I Love, Waltzes From My Heart (CD, Jan-1997, Philips) US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 24m
Tchaikovsky - Symphony No.1 G Minor - Vienna - Hans Swarowsky - Saga - XID5115 US $11.84 Buy It Now 4h 35m
J. Strauss II: Die Fledermaus [Recorded 1950] By Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra US $20.51 Buy It Now 4h 35m
ULTRAVOX - VIENNA WHITE VINYL LP Record Store Day RSD 2013 180 gram SEALED US $50.00 Buy It Now 4h 47m
ECHOES OF VIENNA KURT MAIER, PIANIST 45 RPM ROYAL EP 337 US $4.98 Buy It Now 4h 48m
VIENNA CHOIR BOYS Schubert Mass In E Flat, D.950 LP US $4.79 Buy It Now 4h 54m
Michael Gielen Vienna State Opera Orch Beethoven SLD AF LP US $12.00 Buy It Now 4h 55m
Frenc Fricsay Import DG Mozart Vienna Symphony Orch LP 1960 US $14.00 Buy It Now 4h 55m
Clemens Krauss Vienna Philharmonic Richard Stauss London LP US $12.00 Buy It Now 4h 55m
LSO - Spirit Of Vienna: Best Of Strauss (UK 9 Tk CD Album) (Classic FM No 42) US $12.69 Buy It Now 4h 57m
THE MANTOVANI ORCHESTRA A NIGHT IN VIENNA LP 1988 DIGITAL RECORDING BAINBRIDGE US $1.29 [0 bids]
5h
The Vienna of Johann Strauss - Herbert Von Karajan - RCA LM-2538 - 1s/4s US $8.00 Buy It Now 5h 4m
LP Beethoven, Symphonie Nr. 5, Vienna Philharmonic, Kleiber, 1975 (Germany) US $13.49 Buy It Now 5h 14m
VIENNA OCTET "NM WAX" BRAHMS Clarinet Quintets SLC-8029 OBI LP Ab2706 US $14.99 [0 bids]
WILLI BOSKOVSKY JOHANN & JOSEPH STRAUSS Vienna SLC-6040 OBI LP AB6827 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Salome, Vienna O, Bohm, Kmentt, Waechter, Good Import, Original recording remas US $13.98 Buy It Now 5h 25m
WEIGL / ARTIS QUARTET OF VIENNA - STRING QUARTETS NEW CD US $22.45 Buy It Now 5h 28m
Dvorák - Piano Trios, Op.21 & Op.90 "Dumky" / Vienna Piano Trio US $7.95 Buy It Now 5h 33m
SCHUBERT / VIENNA PIANO TRIO - PIANO TRIO IN E - PIANO TRIO IN E-FLAT D NEW CD US $24.39 Buy It Now 5h 33m
Stephane Caillat Quartet Vocal Chamber Music Vienna Mozart Haydn Schubert SS LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 5h 42m
LET'S DANCE - WALTZES Israeli CD NEW Vienna Parade,Viennese Bon-Bons,Que Sera US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 46m
VINTAGE 3 RECORDS IN CASE STRAUSS WALTZES VIENNA RADIO ORCHESTRA 45 RPM US $5.88 [0 bids]
VINTAGE STRAUSS VIENNESE COLLECTION, BOYS CHOIR OF VIENNA WOODS 33 RPM ALBUM US $2.88 [0 bids]
The Vienna I Love, Waltzes From My Heart (CD, Jan-1997, Philips) US $1.50 [0 bids]
H. KRIPS Frammenti di Vienna ITALY ONLY 1966 LP RARE HMV VDP (QIM 6387) US $16.93 [0 bids]
JOHANN STRAUSS II / WILLIAM BOSKOVSKY Vienna Imperial LONDON Stereo SHRINK NM- US $10.80 Buy It Now 6h 3m
Mormon Tabernacle Vienna Choir 2010 NEW CHRISTMAS CD US $13.59 Buy It Now 6h 9m
SCHUBERT / YACHMI / VIENNA PHIL ORCH / MUNCHINGER - SCHUBERT: ROSAMUNDE NEW CD US $16.29 Buy It Now 6h 12m
Falco. Vienna Calling, b/w Tango the Night. Pic Sleave. 45 in VG Cond. US $0.99 [0 bids]
BRUCKNER / WEBER / STEIN / VIENNA PHIL ORCH - BRUCKNER: SYM NO 6 / NEW CD US $16.29 Buy It Now 6h 17m
CHORAL CHRISTMAS-Vienna Boys(RALPH HUNTER)Choir/AMBROSIAN(philadelphia)SINGERS US $7.49 Buy It Now 6h 17m
Symphonie Nr. 5 by Gustav Mahler (Vienna Master Series) US $3.77 Buy It Now 6h 21m
BEETHOVEN SYMPHONY NO.6 PIERRE MONTEUX VIENNA PHILHARMONIC (EXC) US $2.00 [0 bids]
Beethoven:Piano Concerto 5, Vienna Po, Abbado, Bohm, Pollini, Good US $5.88 Buy It Now 6h 29m
Beliebte Ouverturen Vol. 1 (Popular Overtures): Vienna US $3.77 Buy It Now 6h 30m

More places to buy VIENNA music online Buy VIENNA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for VIENNA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

VIENNA Step into..... ratings distribution

VIENNA Step into..... reviews

Review by friso
4 stars How nice to find a progrecord almost totally unknown to most progressionists.... progfans so to speak. I downloaded this by accedent and it got the grip on me at the first moment I listened to it.

Step into... begins with a piano and a voice making such an nice melodie that it makes me happy. This melody only last for 10 seconds and is recorded not loud anough. After that a symphony of keyboards plays a composition that would have fit in a fantasy game or something like that. But if you don't bother with the plingploing sound of this song you might actually come to like it very much. At the end you'll hear the first lyrics, all in a language I can't understand. Are they Japanese?

The second song is called Gathering Wave. It start with an mathemetical tune that somehow fits in another tune played at an other speed. I like this! Then a high tempo symphonic rockpiece comes. The title is chosen well, for you get the feeling of an underwater world. Everything in this song is quite complicated. No crossoverprog to be found here... I wonder how they get that lable? In the soloparts of this raging wave you'll hear a lot of great musicianship! It's somehow strange, but very interesting to listen to. Great track!

Schvelle starts off amazing, then come a great riff in some strange tempo, they don't like normal rythms! This is the first song of the album. You can cope with his voice, or you just don't like it. I myself can apriciate the Japanese sound though he sings as high as if it were a powermetal act. In this song you also hear great instrumental parts! You got the feeling these guys are intelligent. I also totally like this guitarist, he is inspiring because of his own intepretation of music.

Magic Eyes then. This is more of an epic, you get the feeling it's about an important middle ages battle. A royal sound is created by the keyboards. Some more lyrics here, but also very nice instrumental parts. In the middle instrumental part a great way of building up tension is shown and so also this song is a succes.

Caution! took me some longer to like. But now I think it's a very ok song. It's a bit fast with strange keyboard sounds, a bit elektronic sometimes. I like the tension on this track. The title was well chosen to discribe the vibe of this track.

Sleepless Night is a balled. If you like his singing, you'll like the song for it is very moody in a way. Nice emotions are to be heard here. I personally think the vocalist is asking to much of his voice. But, nice melodies. Peacefull song.

Fall in Alone is the last song. This song I never listen. It's just not as good as the other and should not have been released. The voice here is bad, the song just doesn't work. It's a pitty, because so far so good and this blows the whole thing up. Bad shot!

Hopefully I still was still able to make some people interested in this album. I like to listen to it, but it's not something a lot of your friends are going to enjoy. Some say they thought it would have been great music for pokemon (a children tv hype). Nevertheless, I think Vienna has moved some frontiers on this album. It's inspiring, innovating and yes... it's realy progressive! No crossover prog to be found on this record.

Great music, progressive, but not recorded perfectly and the last song is not so good. So... 3.5 five stars... but I'll make it four. Just give this a try!

Send comments to friso (BETA) | Report this review (#176000) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 03, 2008

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Vienna is one of the forgotten band from Japan, who never gained the recognition they desearve across the years. The keyboardist from Outer Limits - Shusei Tsukamoto together with the bass player Toshimi Nagai the band Vienna in 1987. Step into.. is their second effort from 1988 released at King records. The music Vienna playes is a combination between their country fellows Gerard and in places some ELP influences are present but tinged with edged rock in places, but for sure their background is towards symphonic prog. The album is quite good, the musicianship is ok, the voice is nothing spectacular but ok, lyrics being in japanese gives to the album a special atmosphere, even I didn't get a thing from what Yukihiro Fujimura sung here. I like the keyboards how sound here, from fast to slow, always keeping with the rest of the instruments a good and enjoyble journey in Vienna's music. Good bass lines, quite complex and with the drums give a solid rhythm section. While the album is quite good, something tells me that is little less convinceing then Gerard works for ex. It took me long time to find this album, but fortunately I found it on CD , in novemeber and I was really thriled for sure. Hard to find, but if anyone wants to give a chance of this band, that for some reson never made it in prog circles, try Vienna, for sure will not be a deseppointed listning. 3 stars, good release but far from being something of a lost treasure.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#261550) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Review by ozzy_tom
3 stars After not bad, but average "Overture", the same year Vienna decided to record another longplay - "Step Into...". And I have to say that it was a wise decision, because in spite of short time which passed between these albums, we can hear an improvement. However songs are slightly shorter here, they became more energetic, lively and heavier. You could think that shorter duration of tracks means automatically more mainstream approach, but I can assure you that on "Step Into..." situation is quite opposite, compositions are less pop/AOR-oriented and more prog this time. While cheese factor connected with 80s gear and production is unfortunately still presented here, it doesn't bother listener as much as on "Overture". I'm especially fond of wider usage of old-school Hammond organ sounds. It was a clever decision to mix-up more vintage vibe in keyboards department, but of course it was 1988 so high-tech synths still dominate on this record.

And now the songs:

1. "Step Into The Vivid Garden" - beginning of the album is a real surprise. Yukihiro Fujimura sings in English and we have very nice piano melody there. Is it really Vienna or rather Procol Harum?! However it's only few seconds and later on we have very soft instrumental part filled with cute keyboard sounds (often flute-like). In the middle we have grandiose symphonic orchestration attack and near the end vocal part appears again. Nice, little ditty, very untypical for this band. Good introduction for me.

2. "Gathering Wave" - instrumental bombast very much in the vain of Gerard. Shusei Tsukamoto rather successfully tries to re-create Toshio Egawa's synthesizers histrionics and plays like there's no tomorrow, while Yukihiro Fujimura is blasting our ears with heavy-handed metal riffs. Truly furious performance, definitely the most Gerard-inspired composition in Vienna's repertoire.

3. "Schvelle" - first vocal-oriented track on this album is a standard heavy prog number driven by hard-edged guitar and dazzling synthesizers. Very energetic & "busy". There are also some brief but good organ passages. Similar to other Japanese prog-rock bands like Novela or Scheherazade.

4. "Magic Eyes" - first mini-epic (only slightly above 8 minutes long) is a decent track with as usual competent vocals and above average keyboards performance. I truly enjoyed those ass-beating Hammond rides and melodic piano bits, even fanfare-like 80s synthesizers sound OK here. I love the middle part with military-style drumming and (electronic created) flute sounds too. All in all very symphonic approach.

5. "Caution!" - similar to "Schvelle" but I think it's slightly better. Only this too sloppy/poppy refrain can ruin your fun, but it's a small complaint 'cause the main attraction of this song are solos of course. And these guys surely know how to deliver the goods! Especially extended, ripping Hammond organ solo is a blast! It's so frenzy and hard beating fragment, that it could make even Toshio Egawa proud.

6. "Sleepless night" - delicate ballad filled with melancholic vocals and soaring synthesizer sounds. Nothing particularly stands out here. Can be to take a deep breath between more dynamic tracks but that's all.Similar songs took too much space on Gerard's 3rd album "Irony of Fate" later IMHO.

7. "Fall in alone" - the longest composition of the album is too messy for me. There are too many corny, pop-oriented vocal parts for my taste (some of them in poor English), while Ryuichi Nishida's drumming is too heavy and busy at times. However solos are top notch as ever so I definitely can't say it's a waste of disk's space.

"Step Into..." is an enjoyable effort but I don't think it will ever break to anybody's TOP 20 list. Gerard's influences are much more evident here than on Vienna's debut album, and that's actually good news for me 'cause I'm Gerard's admirer, but Shusei Tsukamoto isn't as spectacular as Toshio Egawa. He's solid, but he is just unable to impress me as much as other Japanese keyboardists. However I appreciate that he decided to use more Hammond on this longplay, it's always a big plus for me. In general it can be an interesting album for fans of such J-prog bands as Novela, Scheherazade, Gerard and to a lesser extend also Moondancer, Teru's Symphonia or Outer Limits.

Best tracks: "Magic Eyes" & "Gathering Wave"

Almost 4 stars...but rather 3,5 from ozzy_tom

Send comments to ozzy_tom (BETA) | Report this review (#445568) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, May 11, 2011

3 stars The second album from this Japanese orchestra. Pomp rock is not officially an own genre within the ProgArchives community. Hence the use of the Crossover genre here. But truth to be told, Vienna plays Pomp Prog in the same alley as Magnum and Saga. That means pompous synths, pompous vocals, ... (read more)

Report this review (#355492) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Friday, December 17, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of VIENNA "Step into..... "