STEP INTO.....

Vienna

Vienna Step into.....  album cover

Buy VIENNA Music
Studio Album, released in 1988

1. Step into the vivid garden (3:44)
2. Gathering wave (3:27)
3. Schvelle (4:21)
4. Magic eyes (8:15)
5. Caution! (5:38)
6. Sleepless night (4:18)
7. Fall in alone (8:39)

Search VIENNA Step into..... lyrics

Search VIENNA Step into..... tabs

- Yukihiro Fujimura / vocals, guitars
- Toshimi Nagai / bass
- Ryuichi Nishida / drums
- Shusei Tsukamoto / keyboards

Cd. King/Crime K32Y 2175

VIENNA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy VIENNA Step into..... Music

Listz Piano Concertos Edith Farnadi Vienna State Opera Orch Hermann Scherchen US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 49s
DVORAK / VIENNA RADIO SYM ORCH / DE BILLY - SYMPHONY NO 9 FROM THE NEW NEW CD US $23.91 Buy It Now 33m 45s
Mccracken on Stage (Bernet, Vienna Opera Orchestra), Various Composers, New Orig US $25.20 Buy It Now 45m 23s
GOLDEN HOUR PRESENTS NIGHTS IN VIENNA, LP. US $8.29 Buy It Now 57m 6s
3 cds DER ROSENKAVALIER Karl Bohm LUDWIG Troyanos MATHIS Adam VIENNA PHILHARMONI US $7.00 [6 bids]
57m 26s
Vienna Master Series: Famous Overtures Vol. 1 (UK Import) CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 58m 2s
SCHUBERT, FRANZ [VIE - SCHUBERT: WINTERREISE [SCHUBERT, FRANZ [VIENNA]] - NEW CD US $9.84 Buy It Now 1h
Music for a Ball Vienna / 1825 LP Vienna Volksoper Paul Angerer Conductor EX US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 10m
1967 RCA Victor "Arthur Fiedler & Boston Pops - Tales From Vienna" Record (33) US $0.99 [0 bids]
VIENNA CLARINET CONNECTIO - NEW CD US $13.49 Buy It Now 1h 24m
SHOSTAKOVICH, SCHNITTKE: THE PIANO TRIOS; Vienna Piano Trio; View details; NM CD US $7.47 Buy It Now 1h 39m
KHACHATURIAN " SPARTACVS " GAYANEH ~ VIENNA PHILHARMONIC ( DECCA ) VINYL LP SXL US $11.59 Buy It Now 1h 39m
LORIN MAAZEL VIENNA TCHAIKOVSKY 1812 SOUND AUDIOPHILE JAPAN MASTERSOUND US $32.23 Buy It Now 1h 49m
VIENNA CARNIVAL-STRAUSS-BOSKOVSKY-SXL 2163-DECCA WIDE BAND-GREAT CONDITION!!! US $24.85 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Hungarian/ Slavonic Dances Vienna Philharmonic Lp record Album sts 15009 NM NM US $4.00 [0 bids]
Bruckner: Symphony no 2 / A Lizzio, Philharmonia Slavonica CD 1990 PILZ Vienna M US $12.00 Buy It Now 2h 14m
ULTRAVOX vienna/passionate reply CHS 2481 uk chrysalis 7" PS EX/EX US $11.59 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Special Box - Vienna Boys Choir New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $102.64 Buy It Now 2h 18m
Columbia Masterworks: Brahms, A German Requiem, Karajan,Vienna Phil. Boxed Set US $99.00 Buy It Now 2h 18m
Vox STPL 511.010 stereo Nm/Nm- MOZART Piano 19 & 20 INGRID HAEBLER/MELLES VIENNA US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 22m
lp BRUCKNER symphony 4 , konwitschny / vienna symph orc US $10.78 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Vienna Concert - Jarrett,Keith New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $39.27 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra & Willi Boskovsky New Year's Concert LP US $16.53 Buy It Now 2h 26m
The Merry Mozart / Eugen Duvier, Camerata Romana (CD, Jan-1990, Pilz Vienna Mast US $0.99 [0 bids]
Will Boskovsky "Tales from the Vienna Woods" LP US $4.95 [0 bids]
ORCHESTRA 3 x 78 rpm RECORDS Gramophone VIENNA PHILARMONIC Bruno Walter HAYDN US $124.99 Buy It Now 2h 40m
Vanguard SRV-211 SD stereo Nm- HAYDN Sym 99 & 102 - MOGENS WOLDIKE/ VIENNA State US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Vienna,Budapest Symphony Orchestra,CD,Great Mediterranean Classics US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 41m
SIR ADRIAN BOULT/VIENNA STATE OPERA OR-HOLST PLANETS LP US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 42m
GOLSCHMANN/VIENNA-BERLIOZ SYMPHONIE FANTASTIQUE LP US $17.98 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Strauss(CD Album)The Romance Of Vienna-Classical Collection-CC C 008-Germany US $9.29 Buy It Now 2h 56m
Josef Krips - STRAUSS Waltzes - Vienna Philharmonic - Everest 3309 - SEALED New US $4.99 [0 bids]
SCHUBERT trout quintet curzon with members of the vienna octet LP 5 track mono US $22.47 Buy It Now 3h
Vanguard VRS-1017/18 Instruments of the Orchestra -Vienna State Opera soloists US $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Greatest Hits of Wagner, Liszt, Tchaikovsky, et al / Vienna (CD, Pro-Arte... US $4.44 Buy It Now 3h 9m
JOE BONAMASSA - AN ACOUSTIC EVENING AT THE VIENNA OPERA HOUSE NEW 2LP GrooveGR US $33.67 Buy It Now 3h 11m
SEALED Beverly Sills Welcome to Vienna Julius Rudel Vintage Vinyl Record US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 12m
GEORG SOLTI ~ SCHUMANN ~ VIENNA PHILHARMONIC ~ SXL 6356 ~ UK STEREO LP 1968 US $41.45 Buy It Now 3h 15m
Vienna Boys Choir Angelic Voices The Best of CD NM 22 Tracks Classical Folk NICE US $4.95 Buy It Now 3h 16m
The Vienna Boy's Choir Sings(Vinyl LP)Music Of Strauss-Philips-GL 5655-UK-VG+/Ex US $16.56 Buy It Now 3h 17m
A GALA CHRISTMAS IN VIENNA - P. DOMINGO,S. BRIGHTMAN,H. LOTTI,R. COCCIANTE - CD US $6.99 [0 bids]
Christmas In Vienna (CD, Oct-1991, Philips) US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 29m
SMETANA / WEINBERGER / ENESCO ~ VIENNA STATE ORCH. HERMANN SCHERCHEN ~ VINYL LP US $9.93 Buy It Now 3h 31m
THE VIENNA PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA - THE ONEDIN LINE THEME 7" VINYL US $8.27 Buy It Now 3h 34m
Schubert Symphonies Nos 4 & 5 Munchinger Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra record US $14.01 Buy It Now 3h 51m
ULTRAVOX - Vienna - Classic 1980 UK 9-track vinyl LP US $4.96 Buy It Now 4h 2m
Berlin Philharmonic Vienna P - Piano Concerto No. 4/Piano CD US $18.00 Buy It Now 4h 3m
Berlin Philharmonic Vienna P - Symphony No. 7 In A/Symphony CD US $18.00 Buy It Now 4h 3m
Berlin Philharmonic Vienna P - Piano Concerto No. 2/Alceste CD US $18.00 Buy It Now 4h 3m
JS BACH "ST LUKE PASSION" VIENNA STATE OPERA 3x LP BOX US $14.91 Buy It Now 4h 8m
VIENNA pour ne pas me toucher 7" b/w viens dans la chambre (90451) promo stamped US $54.98 Buy It Now 4h 18m
Philips 00139 PLUM JOHANN STRAUSS SOCIETY VIENNA MORALT US $21.00 Buy It Now 4h 24m
THE VIENNA OCTET-MENDELSSOHN Octet for 4 Violins, 2 Violas &2 Cellos-LONDON FFRR US $70.00 Buy It Now 4h 24m
Karajan(CD Album Promo)Edition: The Vienna Years-EMI-New US $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 26m
VIENNA PHILHARMONIC, BOHM -Prokofiev Peter & Wolf DGG PROMO IMPORT MINT SEALED US $7.50 [0 bids]
Lang Lang - Live in Vienna - Near Mint (2CD 2010 Sony) Promo US $6.99 Buy It Now 4h 34m
VIENNA MASTER SERIES - LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN SYMPHONIE NR 1 & 7 US $1.99 Buy It Now 4h 40m
414 169-1 - KHACHATURIAN - Symphony No 2 KHACHATURIAN Vienna PO - Ex LP Record US $14.91 Buy It Now 4h 40m
BRAHMS Symphony No. 4 in E minor opus 98 Vladimir Golschmann Vienna Opera (nm) US $3.99 [0 bids]
LALO SCHIFRIN / VIENNA SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA - LILI'UOKALANI SYMPHONY NEW CD US $21.61 Buy It Now 4h 43m
BruchMendelssohn Vienna Master Series - Violinkonzert Nr. CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 4h 47m
Vienna Master Series: Antonio Vivaldi, Die vier Jahreszeiten (UK Import) CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 4h 48m
Vienna I Love US $3.96 Buy It Now 4h 51m
V.S.O.P. Vienna Symphonic Orchestra Project - Symphonic Rock - Tape , Poland US $15.00 Buy It Now 5h 2m
RL 19080 - MOZART - Requiem VIENNA BOYS CHOIR - Excellent Condition LP Record US $14.91 Buy It Now 5h 4m
Silk Road - Boys Choir Vienna New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $26.57 Buy It Now 5h 4m
RL 30469 - PLACIDO DOMINGO & THE VIENNA BOYS CHOIR - Excellent Con LP Record US $14.91 Buy It Now 5h 5m
SUPRAPHON LPM HAYDN SYMPHONY 92 OXFORD VIENNA STATE OPERA SCHERCHEN US $10.49 Buy It Now 5h 5m
Kerll/Fux/Biber/Schmelzer - Vienna 1700-Baroque Music From Austria [CD New] US $24.52 Buy It Now 5h 12m
Berlin Philharmonic/Vienna P - Piano Concerto No. 4 /Piano Berlin Phil [CD New] US $15.51 Buy It Now 5h 12m
Sinfonie 1 "Der Titan"/Sinfonie 10:Adagio - Philharmonic Vienna New US $20.23 Buy It Now 5h 12m
Berlin Philharmonic/Vienna P - Symphony No. 7 In A/Symphony Berlin Phi [CD New] US $15.51 Buy It Now 5h 12m
Berlin Philharmonic/Vienna P - Piano Concerto No. 2/Alceste Berlin Phi [CD New] US $15.51 Buy It Now 5h 12m
Karajan/Vienna Phil - Brahms: Sym.#3/Tragic Over. [CD New] US $18.71 Buy It Now 5h 15m
ANDRE' RIEU: The Vienna I Love, Waltzes From My Heart (CD, Jan-1997, Philips) US $1.75 [0 bids]
Gypsy Barron Vienna Symphony Orchestra Record 1950 Robert Stolz RLP 149-7 US $12.00 Buy It Now 5h 31m
PHILIP GLASS: Sym. No. 2; Interlude; Concerto (CD) DENNIS RUSSELL DAVIES, VIENNA US $7.50 [0 bids]
Vienna Master Series: Bach Bradenburg Concertos Vol. 2 PMG 1988 Cd US $1.99 [0 bids]
Ave Maria-by Placido Domingo & Vienna Choir Boys (Album CD, Oct-1990, RCA) New US $7.45 Buy It Now 5h 42m
#HEAR# LONDON LDR-10011 DVORAK NEW WORLD SYMPHONY 9 KONDRASHIN VIENNA STEREO LP! US $5.90 Buy It Now 5h 45m
FALCO - Vienna Calling - 1986 UK 4-track 12" vinyl single US $33.15 Buy It Now 5h 46m
LINDA EDER - VIENNA - U.S. PROMO 2X12" VINYL US $8.98 Buy It Now 5h 51m
Highlights: Live in Vienna by Vienna Art Orchestra 1989 , 2 Discs, AMEDEO - US $19.95 [0 bids]
NABUCCO (Verdi):Complete:GOBBI:SULIOTIS:PREVEDI:CAVA:Vienna Op.Orch/GARDELLI US $9.95 [0 bids]
THE STRAUSS COLLECTION CD Vienna State Opera Orchestra US $6.99 Buy It Now 6h 8m
Vienna Master Series Ballet Digital Classical CD US $4.73 Buy It Now 6h 9m
SXL 6238-41 WB/GR: Weller Qu. Boskovsky, Curzon: Vienna Chamber Music Festival. US $74.99 [0 bids]
ROUMANIAN RHAPSODY, SILVESTRI VIENNA PHILHARMONIC - LP US $5.00 Buy It Now 6h 12m
Liszt Symphonic Poems Vienna State Orchestra Hermann Scherchen Classical CD US $16.56 Buy It Now 6h 15m
ULTRAVOX - VIENNA / THE VOICE 7" OLD GOLD VINYL PS US $16.56 Buy It Now 6h 20m
EX 1961 Leontyne Price lp CHRISTMAS OFFERING Vienna Philharmonic von karajan US $8.99 Buy It Now 6h 22m
WEILL / JONES / RADIO SYM ORCH VIENNA / DAVIES - AUFSTIEG UND FALL DER NEW DVD US $39.64 Buy It Now 6h 27m
EX rare 1979 Live London Import digital 2 lp NEW YEARS IN VIENNA will boskovsky US $12.99 Buy It Now 6h 30m
WAGNER-Overtures-Reel To Reel Tape-Georg Solti-Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra US $19.99 [0 bids]
Vienna 1789 - Sebastian Knauer New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $25.99 Buy It Now 6h 40m
Vienna Master Series Digital Classic Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Sonaten (CD) US $9.49 Buy It Now 6h 42m
RINGO STARR GOODNIGHT VIENNA VG+ TO VG++ US $3.00 Buy It Now 6h 44m
Schubert-octet in F Major - Vienna Octet New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $43.54 Buy It Now 7h 2m
SEALED Beverly Sills & Julius Rudel / Welcome To Vienna LP US $5.00 Buy It Now 7h 2m
THE VIENNA CHOIR BOYS**CHRISTMAS ANGELS**CD US $3.91 Buy It Now 7h 2m

More places to buy VIENNA music online Buy VIENNA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for VIENNA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

VIENNA Step into..... ratings distribution

VIENNA Step into..... reviews

Review by friso
4 stars How nice to find a progrecord almost totally unknown to most progressionists.... progfans so to speak. I downloaded this by accedent and it got the grip on me at the first moment I listened to it.

Step into... begins with a piano and a voice making such an nice melodie that it makes me happy. This melody only last for 10 seconds and is recorded not loud anough. After that a symphony of keyboards plays a composition that would have fit in a fantasy game or something like that. But if you don't bother with the plingploing sound of this song you might actually come to like it very much. At the end you'll hear the first lyrics, all in a language I can't understand. Are they Japanese?

The second song is called Gathering Wave. It start with an mathemetical tune that somehow fits in another tune played at an other speed. I like this! Then a high tempo symphonic rockpiece comes. The title is chosen well, for you get the feeling of an underwater world. Everything in this song is quite complicated. No crossoverprog to be found here... I wonder how they get that lable? In the soloparts of this raging wave you'll hear a lot of great musicianship! It's somehow strange, but very interesting to listen to. Great track!

Schvelle starts off amazing, then come a great riff in some strange tempo, they don't like normal rythms! This is the first song of the album. You can cope with his voice, or you just don't like it. I myself can apriciate the Japanese sound though he sings as high as if it were a powermetal act. In this song you also hear great instrumental parts! You got the feeling these guys are intelligent. I also totally like this guitarist, he is inspiring because of his own intepretation of music.

Magic Eyes then. This is more of an epic, you get the feeling it's about an important middle ages battle. A royal sound is created by the keyboards. Some more lyrics here, but also very nice instrumental parts. In the middle instrumental part a great way of building up tension is shown and so also this song is a succes.

Caution! took me some longer to like. But now I think it's a very ok song. It's a bit fast with strange keyboard sounds, a bit elektronic sometimes. I like the tension on this track. The title was well chosen to discribe the vibe of this track.

Sleepless Night is a balled. If you like his singing, you'll like the song for it is very moody in a way. Nice emotions are to be heard here. I personally think the vocalist is asking to much of his voice. But, nice melodies. Peacefull song.

Fall in Alone is the last song. This song I never listen. It's just not as good as the other and should not have been released. The voice here is bad, the song just doesn't work. It's a pitty, because so far so good and this blows the whole thing up. Bad shot!

Hopefully I still was still able to make some people interested in this album. I like to listen to it, but it's not something a lot of your friends are going to enjoy. Some say they thought it would have been great music for pokemon (a children tv hype). Nevertheless, I think Vienna has moved some frontiers on this album. It's inspiring, innovating and yes... it's realy progressive! No crossover prog to be found on this record.

Great music, progressive, but not recorded perfectly and the last song is not so good. So... 3.5 five stars... but I'll make it four. Just give this a try!

Send comments to friso (BETA) | Report this review (#176000) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 03, 2008

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Vienna is one of the forgotten band from Japan, who never gained the recognition they desearve across the years. The keyboardist from Outer Limits - Shusei Tsukamoto together with the bass player Toshimi Nagai the band Vienna in 1987. Step into.. is their second effort from 1988 released at King records. The music Vienna playes is a combination between their country fellows Gerard and in places some ELP influences are present but tinged with edged rock in places, but for sure their background is towards symphonic prog. The album is quite good, the musicianship is ok, the voice is nothing spectacular but ok, lyrics being in japanese gives to the album a special atmosphere, even I didn't get a thing from what Yukihiro Fujimura sung here. I like the keyboards how sound here, from fast to slow, always keeping with the rest of the instruments a good and enjoyble journey in Vienna's music. Good bass lines, quite complex and with the drums give a solid rhythm section. While the album is quite good, something tells me that is little less convinceing then Gerard works for ex. It took me long time to find this album, but fortunately I found it on CD , in novemeber and I was really thriled for sure. Hard to find, but if anyone wants to give a chance of this band, that for some reson never made it in prog circles, try Vienna, for sure will not be a deseppointed listning. 3 stars, good release but far from being something of a lost treasure.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#261550) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Review by ozzy_tom
3 stars After not bad, but average "Overture", the same year Vienna decided to record another longplay - "Step Into...". And I have to say that it was a wise decision, because in spite of short time which passed between these albums, we can hear an improvement. However songs are slightly shorter here, they became more energetic, lively and heavier. You could think that shorter duration of tracks means automatically more mainstream approach, but I can assure you that on "Step Into..." situation is quite opposite, compositions are less pop/AOR-oriented and more prog this time. While cheese factor connected with 80s gear and production is unfortunately still presented here, it doesn't bother listener as much as on "Overture". I'm especially fond of wider usage of old-school Hammond organ sounds. It was a clever decision to mix-up more vintage vibe in keyboards department, but of course it was 1988 so high-tech synths still dominate on this record.

And now the songs:

1. "Step Into The Vivid Garden" - beginning of the album is a real surprise. Yukihiro Fujimura sings in English and we have very nice piano melody there. Is it really Vienna or rather Procol Harum?! However it's only few seconds and later on we have very soft instrumental part filled with cute keyboard sounds (often flute-like). In the middle we have grandiose symphonic orchestration attack and near the end vocal part appears again. Nice, little ditty, very untypical for this band. Good introduction for me.

2. "Gathering Wave" - instrumental bombast very much in the vain of Gerard. Shusei Tsukamoto rather successfully tries to re-create Toshio Egawa's synthesizers histrionics and plays like there's no tomorrow, while Yukihiro Fujimura is blasting our ears with heavy-handed metal riffs. Truly furious performance, definitely the most Gerard-inspired composition in Vienna's repertoire.

3. "Schvelle" - first vocal-oriented track on this album is a standard heavy prog number driven by hard-edged guitar and dazzling synthesizers. Very energetic & "busy". There are also some brief but good organ passages. Similar to other Japanese prog-rock bands like Novela or Scheherazade.

4. "Magic Eyes" - first mini-epic (only slightly above 8 minutes long) is a decent track with as usual competent vocals and above average keyboards performance. I truly enjoyed those ass-beating Hammond rides and melodic piano bits, even fanfare-like 80s synthesizers sound OK here. I love the middle part with military-style drumming and (electronic created) flute sounds too. All in all very symphonic approach.

5. "Caution!" - similar to "Schvelle" but I think it's slightly better. Only this too sloppy/poppy refrain can ruin your fun, but it's a small complaint 'cause the main attraction of this song are solos of course. And these guys surely know how to deliver the goods! Especially extended, ripping Hammond organ solo is a blast! It's so frenzy and hard beating fragment, that it could make even Toshio Egawa proud.

6. "Sleepless night" - delicate ballad filled with melancholic vocals and soaring synthesizer sounds. Nothing particularly stands out here. Can be to take a deep breath between more dynamic tracks but that's all.Similar songs took too much space on Gerard's 3rd album "Irony of Fate" later IMHO.

7. "Fall in alone" - the longest composition of the album is too messy for me. There are too many corny, pop-oriented vocal parts for my taste (some of them in poor English), while Ryuichi Nishida's drumming is too heavy and busy at times. However solos are top notch as ever so I definitely can't say it's a waste of disk's space.

"Step Into..." is an enjoyable effort but I don't think it will ever break to anybody's TOP 20 list. Gerard's influences are much more evident here than on Vienna's debut album, and that's actually good news for me 'cause I'm Gerard's admirer, but Shusei Tsukamoto isn't as spectacular as Toshio Egawa. He's solid, but he is just unable to impress me as much as other Japanese keyboardists. However I appreciate that he decided to use more Hammond on this longplay, it's always a big plus for me. In general it can be an interesting album for fans of such J-prog bands as Novela, Scheherazade, Gerard and to a lesser extend also Moondancer, Teru's Symphonia or Outer Limits.

Best tracks: "Magic Eyes" & "Gathering Wave"

Almost 4 stars...but rather 3,5 from ozzy_tom

Send comments to ozzy_tom (BETA) | Report this review (#445568) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, May 11, 2011

3 stars The second album from this Japanese orchestra. Pomp rock is not officially an own genre within the ProgArchives community. Hence the use of the Crossover genre here. But truth to be told, Vienna plays Pomp Prog in the same alley as Magnum and Saga. That means pompous synths, pompous vocals, ... (read more)

Report this review (#355492) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Friday, December 17, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of VIENNA "Step into..... "