ORACLES

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

Fleshgod Apocalypse Oracles album cover

Buy FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. In Honour of Reason (4:27)
2. Post-Enlightenment Executor (2:55)
3. As Tyrants Fall (4:00)
4. Sophistic Demise (3:14)
5. Requiem in Si Minore (5:05)
6. At the Guillotine (3:02)
7. Embodied Deception (3:20)
8. Infection of the White Throne (4:30)
9. Retrieving My Carcass (4:09)
10. Oracles (2:58)

Search FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE Oracles lyrics

Search FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE Oracles tabs

Francesco Paoli - Drums, Guitars, Vocals
Mauro Mercurio - Drums (session musician)
Paolo Rossi - Bass, Clean Vocals
Cristiano Trionfera - Guitars, Vocals, Orchestral Arrangements
Tommaso Riccardi - Lead Vocals, Guitars

Thanks to CCVP for the addition

FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE Oracles Music

OraclesOracles
Willowtip Records 2009

More places to buy FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE music online Buy FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE Oracles ratings distribution

FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE Oracles reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
4 stars 'Oracles' - Fleshgod Apocalypse (7/10)

For me, death metal is and likely always has been something that I'll either really like, or not care for. Much of it finds its technical brilliance marred by poor recording values, or a lack of tact when it comes to songwriting. Enter Fleshgod Apocalypse, a band that has stirred the death metal circle with only a single studio album and EP on the market, disregarding demos. I first came across this band with their 2010 EP 'Mafia', and was pleasantly blown away by the technical ferocity and heaviness of the band. On top of that, I immediately recongized their connection to erudite classical music, which only set them further apart from the legions of typical death metal acts. Seeking out the full length, I have not been disappointed. 'Oracles' is a vicious forty minutes of death metal that seeks to impress. Apparently, it succeeds to a fair extent.

My first impression of the record is that of extreme heaviness, surprisingly clean production, and the evidence of classical sections which really seek to add a level of regal class to what Fleshgod Apocalypse does. While there is not the same melodic proficiency as I first heard on 'Mafia', the classical parts really impress me; the arrangements do not quite sound as if they are performed by a live orchestra, but they are close enough to do the compositions justice. In the death metal elements themselves, there are also plenty of neoclassical riffs, played at rapid pace, to the point where they can get exhausting by the end.

The most powerful aspect of Fleshgod Apocalypse is tied between the rhythm guitar and the furious drumwork, courtesy here of Mauro Mercurio. The band has just a powerful ability to make the heavy sound beautiful as well, but unfortunately 'Oracles' still does not stand as a masterpiece in my eyes. This is greatly due to the songwriting itself, which is strong enough for death metal, but many of the songs feature little to no distinguishing traits, apart from the classical nuance here and there. In fact, the greatest impression left by any single track is the title song, which is ironically a classical piano piece.

Fleshgod Apocalypse would later go on to polish up their act even further, but there's no surprise to me when I hear metalheads speaking so highly of the album. With a little greater focus within each song, the band's next full length could be a real landmark for death metal.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#423754) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, March 27, 2011

Review by UMUR
4 stars Oracles is the debut full-length studio album by Italian death metal act Fleshgod Apocalypse. The album was released in March 2009 by Willowtip Records.

The music on Oracles is brutal death metal but there´s a twist. While most really brutal death metal acts first and foremost focus on brutality and in the process have a tendency to sound rather one-dimensional over the course of a full album, Fleshgod Apocalypse incorporate neo-classical shredding and arrangements and some rather impressive technical playing to their music, which I find is great for the diversity and sound of Oracles. This is actually a really brutal death metal album that I can sit through and feel entertained by most of the time. It does become a bit too monotone a couple of times during the playing time, but mostly I´m salivating over one powerful technical part and intriguing neo-classical shred after another. The vocals are brutal deep growls and personally I could have wished for a bit more variation, but the vocals get the job done and they are not terrible by any means.

Oracles is a rather unique brutal death metal album and a great start to Fleshgod Apocalypse career. They prove on this album that they are ready to take that extra step to create some unique sounding music without sacrificing brutality. Very interesting debut and a 3.5 - 4 star rating is deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#453313) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 29, 2011

3 stars If Blind Guardian was a Brutal Death Metal band, they call Fleshgod Apocalypse. What first drew me to Fleshgod Apocalypse was their album covers. Attractive. About their music? Mafia was a good EP and it was my first contact with the band. And this one is not left behind. The first dru ... (read more)

Report this review (#957236) | Posted by VOTOMS | Friday, May 10, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE "Oracles"