TERMINAL JIVE

Sparks

Sparks Terminal Jive album cover

Buy SPARKS Music
Studio Album, released in 1980

1. When I'm With You (5:45)
2. Just Because You Love Me (4:35)
3. Rock 'N Roll People In A Disco World (4:48)
4. When I'm With You (3:45)
5. Young Girls (4:51)
6. Noisy Boys (3:55)
7. Stereo (3:59)
8. The Greatest Show On Earth (4:16)

Search SPARKS Terminal Jive lyrics

Label: Virgin
Producer: Giorgio Moroder, Harold Faltermeyer
Released: 1980
Recorded: 1979

Thanks to matte for the addition
and to Rune2000 for the last updates

SPARKS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPARKS Terminal Jive Music

Sparks / Woofer in Tweeter's ClothingSparks / Woofer in Tweeter's Clothing
Edsel Records UK 2013
Profile: Ultimate CollectionProfile: Ultimate Collection
Rhino / Wea 1991
BEACHWOOD SPARKS Desert Skies VINYL LP RECORD Brand New! US $17.98 Buy It Now 30m 45s
GRAHAM PARKER LP "Squeezing Out Sparks" 1979 US $7.46 Buy It Now 1h 13m
GRAHAM PARKER *QUEEZING OUT SPARKS* 2001 CD ALBUM EXCELLENT CONDITION US $17.64 Buy It Now 1h 15m
SPARKS KIMONO MY HOUSE (1974) JAPAN CD PHCR-6717 US $22.99 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Jordin sparks US $7.00 [0 bids]
Battlefield by Jordin Sparks (CD, Jul-2009, Jive (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Al Sparks [8-Track] I Heard It At The Barber Shop *Girlie Cover* (Comedy) *1972* US $10.99 Buy It Now 2h 40m
SPARKS 7" VINYL NEVER TURN YOUR BACK ON MOTHER EARTH ISLAND WIP 6211 US $4.78 Buy It Now 3h 59m
From Where I Stand, Nate Sparks, Good Import US $21.74 Buy It Now 6h
Uncut New Music for 2006 Sparks Buzzcocks Belle & Sebastian Mew + CD US $4.90 Buy It Now 6h 6m
Les Rita Mitsouko & Sparks Singing In DJ 12" US $7.99 Buy It Now 6h 23m
SPARKS JUST GOT BACK FROM HEAVEN ULTRA RARE CASSETTE TAPE! US $25.79 Buy It Now 6h 32m
SPARKS " AMATEUR HOUR / LOST AND FOUND WIP6203 7" VINYL RECORD VG 30 US $3.25 Buy It Now 7h 14m
TAYLOR SWIFT cd SPEAK NOW mine BACK TO DECEMBER mean OURS sparks fly US $8.99 [0 bids]
Jordin Sparks - Battlefield (2009) US $12.23 Buy It Now 8h 12m
-Flying Sparks And Heavy Machin CD NEW US $16.19 Buy It Now 8h 13m
SPARKS, THIS TOWN AIN'T BIG ENOUGH FOR BOTH OF US / 7'' 45 MADE IN YUGOSLAVIA US $25.50 Buy It Now 8h 20m
Sparks in the Darkness - Old Balkan Love Songs CD (2000) US $13.47 Buy It Now 8h 24m
Sparks-Kimono My House UK LP & Inner 1974 US $21.21 Buy It Now 8h 26m
Sparks - Halfnelson/Sparks / A Woofer in Tweeter's Clothing (Music CD) US $25.47 Buy It Now 8h 59m
GRAHAM PARKER - SQUEEZING OUT SPARKS (+2 BONUS TRACKS - REMASTERED) - NEW CD US $6.43 Buy It Now 9h 24m
KYLIE MINOGUE LIMITED INTO THE BLUE SOLD OUT 7" VINYL 2 TRACK SPARKS NEW MINT US $13.00 Buy It Now 9h 44m
SPARKS - 1970'S MAGAZINE CUTTING (ARTICLE) (REF B7) US $11.35 Buy It Now 10h
SPARKS - 1970'S MAGAZINE CUTTING (ARTICLE) (REF B7A) US $11.35 Buy It Now 10h
SPARKS - 1970'S MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE PHOTO W/LYRICS) (REF B7) US $11.35 Buy It Now 10h
SPARKS - 1970'S MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE PHOTO) (REF B7) US $11.35 Buy It Now 10h
SPARKS - 1970'S MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE PHOTO) (REF B7B) US $11.35 Buy It Now 10h 2m
KAJIOKA, Ray - Sparks - 12" US $20.49 Buy It Now 10h 16m
45 RPM/JACKET Sparky Sparks THATS THING ABOUT LOVE NM- US $8.44 Buy It Now 10h 42m
Trevor Sparks & Little Twitch ?- Count On You ORIG JA 7" EX MUSIC MASTER US $6.51 Buy It Now 11h
COLDPLAY-SPARKS-5 TRACK CARDBOARD CD SINGLE-EMI 2000-MINT US $19.99 Buy It Now 11h 10m
Jordin Sparks by Jordin Sparks (CD, Nov-2007, 19/Jive Recordings) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Beachwood Sparks - The Tarnished Gold - SPCD784 US $16.31 Buy It Now 11h 24m
Graymatter by Maylay Sparks (CD, Jan-2006, Raps... US $9.40 Buy It Now 11h 35m
JORDIN SPARKS - BATTLEFIELD * - NEW CD US $6.55 Buy It Now 11h 48m
SPARKS - Mael Intuition - Original 1990 UK 20-track CD album - FREE UK P+P US $9.78 Buy It Now 11h 54m
BECK Song Reader JACK WHITE SPARKS NORAH JONES JEFF TWEEDY and more US $10.99 Buy It Now 12h 30m
NM- THE SPARKS FAMILY BLUEGRASS GOSPEL LP - COUNTRY CHURCH ON THE HILL! US $12.99 Buy It Now 13h 10m
Yellow Red Sparks S/T White Vinyl x100 Rare Sold Out OOP record LP New SEALED US $14.99 Buy It Now 13h 10m
Beachwood Sparks - The Tarnished Gold NEW CD US $13.81 Buy It Now 13h 32m
New Crack City, Clinton Sparks and Busta Rhymes, New Explicit Lyrics US $15.85 Buy It Now 13h 56m
THE NEW CHRISTY MINSTRELS IN PERSON LEAD BY RANDY SPARKS-LP-NM-COLUMBIA TWO EYE US $5.99 [0 bids]
Sparks of July - Richard Merwin New & Sealed CD MOD Free Shipping US $24.69 Buy It Now 14h 29m
Larry Sparks : Special Delivery CD (2001) US $6.32 Buy It Now 14h 42m
Johnny Rivers Ricky Nelson Randy Sparks E-4256 Mono LP Record Album near mint! US $10.95 [0 bids]
SPARKS GIRL FROM GERMANY 45 PROMO 1973 ISLAND US $0.82 [1 bids]
Heap, Imogen, Sparks Audio CD US $16.99 Buy It Now 15h 10m
BEACHWOOD SPARKS - ST (country pop psych) LTD Ed BLUE vinyl - BACK IN STOCK US $13.99 Buy It Now 15h 27m
D. Rogers - Sparks On The Tarmac [CD New] US $20.98 Buy It Now 15h 31m
MO OGWAI/SHMIRLAP/SPARKS - Protect Your Home EP - 12" US $17.29 Buy It Now 15h 35m
Lazarus Beach Through the Sparks CD indie sealed cheap US $5.99 Buy It Now 15h 42m
GRAHAM PARKER & The Rumour "LIVE SPARKS" Rare 1979 PROMO ONLY Vinyl Album US $9.95 [0 bids]
SPARKS * Big Beat * CBS US Issue 1976 US $6.51 [1 bids]
SPARKS: A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing LP (saw mark) Rock & Pop US $35.00 Buy It Now 16h 29m
SPARKS Music You Can Dance To 1986 USA LP MCA RECORDS 5780 US $4.99 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Beachwood Sparks - The Tarnished Gold (NEW CD) US $15.90 Buy It Now 17h 5m
Jazzy Christmas With Jeff Sparks - Jeff Sparks New & Sealed CD US $15.38 Buy It Now 17h 12m
The Sparks 7" Lighten Up Morrissey 2009 US $9.78 Buy It Now 17h 12m
SPARKS.. With All My Might + Progress/Sparks in Dark 12 US $6.99 [0 bids]
Nate Sparks - From Where I Stand [CD New] US $14.45 Buy It Now 17h 18m
Sparks [Deluxe Edition] [Digipak] [8/19] by Imogen Heap (CD, Aug-2014, 2... US $11.92 Buy It Now 17h 27m
Sparks [Digipak] [8/19] by Imogen Heap (CD, Aug-2014, RCA) US $10.91 Buy It Now 17h 27m
Maybe You've Been Brainwashed - Clinton Sparks New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Sh US $22.43 Buy It Now 17h 32m
Johnny Rivers Ricky Nelson Randy Sparks Sealed MGM LP US $15.00 [0 bids]
Sparks Street * by Love Huskies (CD, Aug-1998, Gotham Distributing Corp.) US $1.00 [0 bids]
Clinton Sparks Kanye West Smash Time Radio Vol 1 CD New US $1.94 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Battlefield by Jordin Sparks (CD, Jul-2009, Jive (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Melvin Sparks-Akilah!-LP-Prestige-PRST 10039-Vinyl Record US $7.99 [1 bids]
THE TYDE Twice 2003 UK 11-track promo CD Beachwood Sparks US $6.51 Buy It Now 18h 34m
MELVIN SPARKS, SPARKLING - LP MR 5248 SOUL JAZZ US $30.00 Buy It Now 18h 47m
TOMMY SPARKS Album 2009 UK 10-track promo CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 18h 51m
Beachwood Sparks by Beachwood Sparks US $4.99 Buy It Now 18h 52m
Birds of Wales cd in digipak Belgravia Hotel (Sparks Music label, Canada) US $2.99 [0 bids]
SPARKS + Music That You Can Dance To +NM+ LP+ GREAT DANCE MUSIC from 80s+ US $8.98 [0 bids]
Gemma Ray & Sparks - Gemma Ray Sings Sparks (with Sparks) NEW 7" US $7.31 Buy It Now 19h 25m
THE NEW CHRISTY MINSTRELS TELL TALL TALES! RANDY SPARKS REEL TO REEL TAPE 7 1/2 US $4.50 Buy It Now 19h 25m
AGENT SPARKS-Not So Merry-VENT/audiovent/INCUBUS/Mike Einziger/RECOMMENDED/Rock US $10.99 Buy It Now 19h 31m
(A6)* SPARKS Beat the Clock UK 7" 45 single EX+/EX+ US $9.47 Buy It Now 19h 32m
Guided By Voices Airport 5 Tower In The Fountain Of Sparks Brand New LP Pollard US $49.99 Buy It Now 19h 48m
Agent Sparks Red Rover NEW ships Fast not a promo combined shipping US $3.99 [0 bids]
(CH615) Make Sparks, Your Hearts On Fire - DJ CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 20h 9m
(780C) Sparks Fly, Creatures - DJ CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 20h 27m
SPARKS - BALLS NEW CD US $32.41 Buy It Now 20h 27m
SYNTH POP/ Sparks - So Important US $6.99 Buy It Now 20h 36m
SYNTH POP/ Sparks - Modesty Plays US $6.99 Buy It Now 20h 36m
SYNTH POP/ Sparks - Fingertips US $6.99 Buy It Now 20h 36m
SYNTH POP/ Sparks - 4 Track EP US $6.99 Buy It Now 20h 36m
SYNTH POP/ Sparks - Change US $6.99 Buy It Now 20h 36m
GRAHAM PARKER AND THE RUMOUR - SQUEEZING OUT SPARKS ARISTA US LP 4223 (1979) US $1.99 [0 bids]
FICTION PLANE - SPARKS [FICTION PLANE] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $8.14 Buy It Now 20h 48m
Back Talk - Sparks Through a Shotglass .. 1989 Snakes in the Grass Records US $9.99 [0 bids]
Beachwood Sparks , Audio CD, Beachwood Sparks US $7.53 Buy It Now 21h 21m
WHERE THE BOYS ARE 84 - SOUNDTRACK - JUDE COLE- SHANDI- SPARKS- TORONTO-LP/Vinyl US $0.99 [0 bids]
RARE ROCKER - THE SPARKS - MERRY MERRY LOU / OL' MAN RIVER - DECCA 30378 PROMO US $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 35m
Kentucky Banjo by Larry Sparks (CD, Sep-2008, Gusto Records) US $8.00 [0 bids]
4 Lot 8-Track Tapes Bluegrass Gospel Music Reno Smiley Larry Sparks Moore Napier US $8.50 [0 bids]
Canada Disco 33 RPM 12" Club Dance Single Sparks Beat the Clock Tryouts Human US $11.99 [0 bids]
Sparks - Hello Young Lovers CD US $18.61 Buy It Now 22h 4m
IMOGEN HEAP Sparks 2CD SEALED NEW US $12.58 Buy It Now 22h 4m
(AP500) Mr Dan & Sparks, Body Slam - DJ CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 22h 11m

More places to buy SPARKS music online Buy SPARKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPARKS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPARKS Terminal Jive ratings distribution

SPARKS Terminal Jive reviews

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars You might have noticed that skipped by a few albums between Indiscreet and Terminal Jive, but you'll just have to take my word for it when I say that those albums are far from a the essential Sparks classics that I've covered so far. Now let's move to the band's Electronica period!

No. 1 In Heaven was the point when the band moved away from rock music and into the domain of Disco/Synth-Pop/Electronica. The band recruited the talents of the synthesizers wizard Giorgio Moroder (or maybe it was the other way around?) to help them with the transition. Unfortunately I don't think that the result of this collaboration truly bloomed until the follow up release Terminal Jive, which is why I decided to skip that release in favor of the only really major album that Sparks recorded in the '80s.

The album gets into a groovy mood with When I'm With You, which is a perfect intro to such a bouncy record! I actually like that this album is slightly less synthesizer oriented than No. 1 In Heaven since it gives space for interesting experiments with electric guitar sounds mixed within layers of all the Electronica. Speaking of instrumental arrangements, some might consider the addition of an instrumental version of When I'm With You a cheap way to prolong the album but I honestly consider it to be a brilliant move, especially since this instrumental version mixes in new layers of sounds which almost completely change my perception of the original piece!

Overall, I'd still have to rate this album just below the excellent mark since it's a fun and light little record that I can listen to just to chill out but it's really not a good example of why I love Sparks. We'll need to skip almost 15 years into the future for a proper glimpse of that phenomenon!

***** star songs: When I'm With You (Instrumental) (3:45)

**** star songs: When I'm With You (5:49) Just Because You Love Me (4:38) Rock 'N Roll People In A Disco World (4:48) Young Girls (4:51) Stereo (4:02) The Greatest Show On Earth (4:19)

*** star songs: Noisy Boys (3:55)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#448436) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 16, 2011

Review by tarkus1980
2 stars A decent sequel to No. 1 in Heaven this is not. Inspired by the success of their collaboration with Giorgio Moroder, the brothers headed into the studio expecting a similar dynamic. Instead, Moroder, a busy man in his own right, offloaded much of the production and general direction responsibilities to Harold Faltermeyer, who would become best known in later years for the "Axel F" theme (from Beverly Hills Cop) and the "Top Gun Anthem" (from Top Gun). I can't say for sure, because I wasn't there, but it really sounds like Harold didn't have much interest in accommodating the eccentricities of the band's general approach to music, because aside from the lyrics, this album gives the sense of all of the band's personality getting squeezed out in the name of making the allbum accessible. Naturally, the album sold horribly, and the band's relationship with the Moroder clan of producers came to an end.

The album does open and end on fairly high notes. "When I'm With You" (a minor hit in France, because why not) takes a very Mael approach to expressing that he becomes a better person when he's with the person he's writing about (sample lyric: "I never feel like garbage when I'm with you/I almost feel normal when I'm with you"), and it has lots of little interesting bits, like the repeated "with you"'s at the end of each verse or the various synth lines that come in and out over the simple beat. There's nothing resembling the power of the typical material from Heaven, but it's still rather nice. The closing "The Greatest Show on Earth" is also pretty interesting; I get the feeling that the most striking part (the nagging "Steady as she goes/She's the greatest show") came from Moroder or Faltermeyer and not the Maels, but the other sung parts feel like they probably came Sparks themselves, and they stand out well from the instrumentation (which isn't terrible but definitely sounds like a compromise between the two main parties).

But the rest? There are some interesting lyrics here and there ("Rock and Roll People in a Disco World" is an amusing stab against rock dinosaurs grabbing onto the world of disco in an attempt to stay relevant, and the lyrics to "Young Girls" and "Noisy Boys" are horrifying enough in tandem to be noteworthy), but much of this album consists of music that I'd never consider listening to in another context. "Just Because You Love Me" doesn't even have interesting lyrics to go with its pedestrian everything, and while "Rock and Roll People ..." has strong lyrics, I just feel gross listening to it. "Young Girls" sounds in spots like a Kimono-era track trying to break out of a disco cocoon, but that's not enough to offset the other major aspects of the song (at least "I Like Girls" was a rollicking good time). "Noisy Boys" does have a rousing happy chorus after the pseudo-tense verses, and I do find myself attracted to a couple of the keyboard parts in the verses, but it stands out as much because of all that came before it as because of its own merits. As for "Stereo," it has its one-word chorus and a bunch of fairly pointless guitar chords (I forgot to mention that there's plenty of relatively simplistic guitar on this album, but nobody is credited for it; I'm assuming it's from Faltermeyer until otherwise informed), and nothing else.

There's also an instrumental version of "When I'm With You" that closes out side one, but it's pretty pointless given that the vocals were the best part. Overall, then, this is a massive disappointment. I knew that Ron Mael had said that he considered this one of the band's weakest albums, but when I bought this I hoped that the step down from Heaven would be a relatively mild one. There are some good tracks (I'd say that "When I'm With You," "Noisy Boys" and "The Greatest Show On Earth" are definite keepers), but a Sparks album should offer so much more than this does. Unless you're a fanatic, don't bother.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#1140277) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 01, 2014

Post a review of SPARKS "Terminal Jive"