TERMINAL JIVE

Sparks

Sparks Terminal Jive album cover

Buy SPARKS Music
Studio Album, released in 1980

1. When I'm With You (5:45)
2. Just Because You Love Me (4:35)
3. Rock 'N Roll People In A Disco World (4:48)
4. When I'm With You (3:45)
5. Young Girls (4:51)
6. Noisy Boys (3:55)
7. Stereo (3:59)
8. The Greatest Show On Earth (4:16)

Search SPARKS Terminal Jive lyrics

Label: Virgin
Producer: Giorgio Moroder, Harold Faltermeyer
Released: 1980
Recorded: 1979

Thanks to matte for the addition
and to Rune2000 for the last updates

SPARKS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPARKS Terminal Jive Music

Kimono My HouseKimono My House
Extra tracks · Import · Remastered
Fontana Island 2006
New Music for Amnesiacs: Essential CollectionNew Music for Amnesiacs: Essential Collection
Lil Beethoven UK 2013
SPARKS, Trevor - Falling (Solomon Riddim) - 7" US $7.39 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Sparks - Sparks SCARCE US VINYL LP US $50.50 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Jordin Sparks- Battlefield CD US $13.45 Buy It Now 2h 20m
SPARKS - INTRODUCING SPARKS - NEW CD US $12.84 Buy It Now 2h 37m
JAPAN MINI LP CD NEW SEALED HALFNELSON SPARKS TODD RUNDGREN US $39.99 Buy It Now 3h 14m
BEACHWOOD SPARKS Tarnished Gold US 45rpm vinyl 2LP + download SEALED/NEW US $31.98 Buy It Now 3h 34m
Maxym,Eda - Circle Of Sparks [CD New] US $10.39 Buy It Now 3h 41m
SPARKS-This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both Of Us UK 7" EX Cond US $10.09 Buy It Now 3h 42m
7" LOVE EACH OTHER; TREVOR SPARKS; JA ORIGINAL! MINT SHOP STOCK!! US $10.09 Buy It Now 4h 14m
GORDON HASKELL shadows on the wall CD 12 track (tdbcd068) uk flying sparks 2002 US $16.43 Buy It Now 4h 24m
SPARKS ANDRA - PEOPLE WE ONCE KNEW - VERGE002CD US $22.04 Buy It Now 4h 41m
SPARKS LARRY - THE BEST OF LARRY SPARKS - REBCD7522 US $15.04 Buy It Now 4h 44m
Sparks Your No 1 Song In Heaven 12" Vinyl Single US $12.63 Buy It Now 4h 59m
THE RAVENS - MY BABY'S GONE b/w SPARKS OF RHYTHM - HANDY MAN - POPCORN SHUFFLERS US $11.77 Buy It Now 5h 13m
GRAHAM PARKER SQUEEZING OUT SPARKS white label promo JAPAN US $24.99 Buy It Now 5h 21m
Taylor Swift {Sparks Fly} USDJ Single US $349.99 Buy It Now 5h 33m
Joni Mitchell - Court and Sparks LP 1974 US $2.99 [0 bids]
Sparks - Kimono My House - 1974 Island Records ILPS 9272 Vinyl US $33.68 Buy It Now 5h 56m
sparks 7" something for the girl with everything 1974 1st press WIP6221 EX US $6.05 Buy It Now 5h 58m
sparks 7" when i'm with you 1980 uk press VS319 A3/B2 NM US $7.39 Buy It Now 5h 58m
Graham Parker - Squeezing Out Sparks CD 1999 ARCD8075 US $2.00 [1 bids]
SPARKS 'LOOKS, LOOKS. LOOKS' UK 7" SINGLE US $3.35 Buy It Now 6h 6m
MAYLAY SPARKS - FLASKWORTHY [PA] * - NEW CD US $11.50 Buy It Now 6h 6m
TIGERBOMBS '1000 SPARKS' EU PICTURE SLEEVE 7" SINGLE US $16.82 Buy It Now 6h 17m
MINNY POPS - SPARKS IN A DARK ROOM NEW CD US $26.51 Buy It Now 6h 23m
Jordin Sparks by Jordin Sparks (CD, Nov-2007, 19/Jive Recordings) US $4.04 [0 bids]
SPARKS when i kiss you CD 5 track radio edit b/w red jerry remix, when i dub you US $8.40 Buy It Now 6h 34m
SPARKS,LARRY-Let Him Lead You CD NEW US $11.10 Buy It Now 6h 34m
SPARKS,LARRY-John Deere Tractor CD NEW US $15.34 Buy It Now 6h 35m
Sparks - A woofer in tweeters clothing UK VINYL LP US $38.71 Buy It Now 6h 36m
BRAND NEW The Sparks - Live Life CD - Christian Music - Greg & Rebecca Sparks US $7.99 [0 bids]
Sparks(7" Vinyl)Amateur Hour-Island-WIP 6203-UK-Ex/Ex US $10.99 Buy It Now 7h 10m
TEEN ROCK & ROLL 45RPM RECORD - THE SPARKS - DECCA 30974 - PROMO US $40.00 Buy It Now 7h 28m
Sparks The Rescue-Eyes To The Sun (Import CD) with 2 Bonus Tracks US $3.76 [0 bids]
L7 DONITA SPARKS original 10x8 inch promo press photo photograph 2196-1 US $8.40 Buy It Now 7h 57m
L7 DONITA SPARKS original 10x8 inch promo press photo photograph 2196-2 US $8.40 Buy It Now 7h 58m
L7 DONITA SPARKS original 10x8 inch promo press photo photograph 2196-3 US $8.40 Buy It Now 7h 59m
BEACHWOOD SPARKS Desert Skies LP NEW COLOR VINYL LIMITED INDIE COUNTRY ALIVE US $21.99 Buy It Now 8h 7m
Jordin Sparks - CD US $1.54 [2 bids]
DENNIS SPARKS-Holiday Horn-CHRISTMAS/Sax-STONEVILLE NC US $10.29 Buy It Now 8h 19m
LARRY SPARKS, CD "RAMBLIN' BLUEGRASS" NEW SEALED US $6.99 Buy It Now 8h 23m
Sparks,Melvin - What You Hear Is What You Get [CD New] US $15.08 Buy It Now 8h 38m
7"-Single THE JOOK - Jook's On You (1973) UK MINT- / Ex-JOHN'S CHILDREN / SPARKS US $129.99 Buy It Now 8h 43m
JIP : Sparks Flames & Names Collaborations cd Record Buick Audra Shaun Hague etc US $6.00 [0 bids]
EDA MAXYM - CIRCLE OF SPARKS NEW CD US $15.82 Buy It Now 9h 4m
GREEN MOON SPARKS - REBEL WITH A CURSE - DBRCD20044 US $26.05 Buy It Now 9h 16m
SPARKS HOOLIGANS BLUE CAPS LOUD JETS SPITFIRES ROCK'N'ROLL RARE S AMERICA LP US $46.00 Buy It Now 9h 31m
Phyllis Taylor & The Dream Machine Sparks - I Remember You [CD New] US $11.30 Buy It Now 9h 31m
Sparks - Introducing Sparks [CD New] US $15.82 Buy It Now 9h 31m
Jamie Sparks - Fun Tonight [CD New] US $10.98 Buy It Now 9h 31m
AGENT SPARKS - Red Rover - RARE 11 Track CD Advance US $6.99 Buy It Now 9h 35m
SPARKS Big Beat JAPAN LTD MINI LP SHM-CD SEALED +6 US $24.99 [0 bids]
GRAHAM PARKER & THE RUMOUR " SQUEEZING OUT SPARKS " NEAR MINT 1979 VERTIGO LP US $8.40 [0 bids]
SPARKS - Amateur Hour - Excellent Condition 7" Single US $6.72 Buy It Now 10h 21m
Sparks Music That You Can Dance To 7" Single - EX US $0.84 [0 bids]
sparks lp pulling rabbits out of a hat PROMO 80160-1 vg+/m- US $7.99 Buy It Now 10h 31m
CARNIVAL ART - BLUE FOOD & BLACK SPARKS 12" VINYL SIT79T US $11.77 Buy It Now 10h 32m
JORDIN SPARKS & CHRIS BROWN No Air 2007 USA PROMO Radio DJ CD Single MINT US $24.99 Buy It Now 10h 38m
Remy Zero DEAD SNARES City Sparks w/ RARE RADIO EDIT 2010 PROMO DJ CD single US $24.99 Buy It Now 10h 43m
SPARKS - MUSIC THAT YOU CAN DANCE TO NEW CD US $21.53 Buy It Now 11h 15m
Squeezing Out Sparks by Graham Parker (Arista...1979) G+ LP US $2.00 Buy It Now 11h 16m
MINTON SPARKS-PERFORMING LIVE AT THE STATION INN-NASHVILLE-RARE CD-NEW-2010-13T US $3.00 [0 bids]
This Album's Big Enough: The Best of Sparks by Sparks (CD, Sep-2002, Mci) US $1.00 [0 bids]
SIXTEEN DELUXE-EMITS SHOWERS OF SPARKS-RARE U.S.ADVANCE PROMO CD-16-1998-FULL CD US $3.00 [0 bids]
Randy Sparks 45 My One and Only Love/I Can't Help It Columbia Promo 443289 Teen US $10.00 Buy It Now 11h 52m
Randy Sparks 45 Julie Knows/At the End of the Rainbow Columbia Promo 443138 Teen US $9.00 Buy It Now 11h 53m
SPARKS-"PRETENDING TO BE DRUNK" EXTENDED/ NEW MIX-1984 U.S. ISSUE DJ 12" SINGLE US $7.99 [0 bids]
SPARKS "THE NUMBER ONE SONG IN HEAVEN" RED VINYL 12" (MORODER) US $10.09 [0 bids]
SPARKS - Tryouts For The Human Race 1979 UK limited edition 2-track PICTURE DISC US $42.08 Buy It Now 12h 15m
Sparks - Number one in heaven RARE UK YELLOW VINYL LP US $50.50 Buy It Now 12h 23m
SPARKS - WHEN DO I GET TO SING MY WAY 12" VINYL WAY2 US $10.93 Buy It Now 12h 25m
Sparks - Whomp that sucker RARE UK VINYL LP US $50.50 Buy It Now 12h 28m
SPARKS, ANGST IN MY PANTS /GIORGIO MORODER/ LP 1982 GERMANY EX/EX INNER/SL US $31.98 Buy It Now 12h 29m
SPARKS, TERMINAL JIVE /GIORGIO MORODER/ LP 1980 UK VG+/VG+, INNER/SL US $23.56 Buy It Now 12h 29m
Further "Filling Station" 7" OOP Beachwood Sparks vinyl US $19.99 Buy It Now 12h 32m
Minny Pops - Sparks In A Dark Room [CD New] US $21.91 Buy It Now 12h 36m
SPARKS Interior Design CD +5 Bonus Tracks RARE US $24.99 Buy It Now 12h 40m
KARL DENSON dance lesson JAPAN CD Melvin Sparks US $12.99 [0 bids]
Sparks 1975 US Indiscreet Tour Programme Concert Program RARE Ron Russell Mael US $50.50 Buy It Now 13h 7m
Sparks - Mael Intuition: Best Of 1974-76, CD Album Europe 1990 (IMCD 88) Comp US $7.16 Buy It Now 13h 21m
40 by Larry Sparks CD 2005 Rebel forty US $11.00 Buy It Now 13h 24m
Richard Merwin - Sparks Of July [CD New] US $16.98 Buy It Now 13h 36m
? Gleaming Spires - Welcoming a New Ice Age (Tabb Records TGS-2) ('85) ex-Sparks US $14.99 Buy It Now 13h 44m
GEMMA RAY "island fire" with SPARKS rare PROMO CD US $6.99 [0 bids]
Lazarus Beach [Digipak] - Through The Sparks (CD 2007) US $8.98 Buy It Now 13h 58m
Squeezing Out Sparks [Squeezing out Sparks + Live Sparks] by Graham Parker... US $3.33 Buy It Now 14h 15m
J.J. SPARKS - I AM DREAMING 7" 45 1982 REGGAE VINYL US $8.40 Buy It Now 14h 25m
SPARKS OF LITE Stay With Me / Labamba RARE GARAGE PUNK 45 Marek HEAR US $99.99 Buy It Now 14h 29m
SINGING SAM & SPARKS: Daybreak 45 rare Funk US $60.00 Buy It Now 14h 42m
Kentucky Banjo by Larry Sparks (CD, Sep-2008, Gusto Records) US $10.00 Buy It Now 14h 52m
Jordin Sparks by Jordin Sparks (CD, Nov-2007, 19/Jive Recordings) US $0.99 [0 bids]
(CH797) Make Sparks, Your Hearts On Fire - DJ CD US $5.03 Buy It Now 14h 56m
Sparks Interior Design Rhino 70041 Still Sealed US $19.99 Buy It Now 14h 59m
Sparks So Important Rhino 70410 Still Sealed US $10.00 Buy It Now 15h 4m
MELVIN SPARKS Akilah LP NEW VINYL Ace Soul Funk US $21.99 Buy It Now 15h 22m
(EF272) Jordin Sparks, Don't Let It Go To Your Head - 2009 DJ CD US $3.35 Buy It Now 15h 24m
Beachwood Sparks "Make The Cowboy Robots Cry" CD EP '02 Fresh & Onlys dB's Jaill US $6.99 [0 bids]
Beachwood Sparks "Once We Were Trees" CD '01 Fresh & Onlys Fleet Foxes Jayhawks US $6.99 [0 bids]
DEVO DUTY NOW FOR THE FUTURE 1979 LP ORIG VG+ INSERT SPARKS TALKING HEADS B52 US $3.99 [1 bids]

More places to buy SPARKS music online Buy SPARKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPARKS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPARKS Terminal Jive ratings distribution

SPARKS Terminal Jive reviews

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars You might have noticed that skipped by a few albums between Indiscreet and Terminal Jive, but you'll just have to take my word for it when I say that those albums are far from a the essential Sparks classics that I've covered so far. Now let's move to the band's Electronica period!

No. 1 In Heaven was the point when the band moved away from rock music and into the domain of Disco/Synth-Pop/Electronica. The band recruited the talents of the synthesizers wizard Giorgio Moroder (or maybe it was the other way around?) to help them with the transition. Unfortunately I don't think that the result of this collaboration truly bloomed until the follow up release Terminal Jive, which is why I decided to skip that release in favor of the only really major album that Sparks recorded in the '80s.

The album gets into a groovy mood with When I'm With You, which is a perfect intro to such a bouncy record! I actually like that this album is slightly less synthesizer oriented than No. 1 In Heaven since it gives space for interesting experiments with electric guitar sounds mixed within layers of all the Electronica. Speaking of instrumental arrangements, some might consider the addition of an instrumental version of When I'm With You a cheap way to prolong the album but I honestly consider it to be a brilliant move, especially since this instrumental version mixes in new layers of sounds which almost completely change my perception of the original piece!

Overall, I'd still have to rate this album just below the excellent mark since it's a fun and light little record that I can listen to just to chill out but it's really not a good example of why I love Sparks. We'll need to skip almost 15 years into the future for a proper glimpse of that phenomenon!

***** star songs: When I'm With You (Instrumental) (3:45)

**** star songs: When I'm With You (5:49) Just Because You Love Me (4:38) Rock 'N Roll People In A Disco World (4:48) Young Girls (4:51) Stereo (4:02) The Greatest Show On Earth (4:19)

*** star songs: Noisy Boys (3:55)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#448436) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 16, 2011

Review by tarkus1980
2 stars A decent sequel to No. 1 in Heaven this is not. Inspired by the success of their collaboration with Giorgio Moroder, the brothers headed into the studio expecting a similar dynamic. Instead, Moroder, a busy man in his own right, offloaded much of the production and general direction responsibilities to Harold Faltermeyer, who would become best known in later years for the "Axel F" theme (from Beverly Hills Cop) and the "Top Gun Anthem" (from Top Gun). I can't say for sure, because I wasn't there, but it really sounds like Harold didn't have much interest in accommodating the eccentricities of the band's general approach to music, because aside from the lyrics, this album gives the sense of all of the band's personality getting squeezed out in the name of making the allbum accessible. Naturally, the album sold horribly, and the band's relationship with the Moroder clan of producers came to an end.

The album does open and end on fairly high notes. "When I'm With You" (a minor hit in France, because why not) takes a very Mael approach to expressing that he becomes a better person when he's with the person he's writing about (sample lyric: "I never feel like garbage when I'm with you/I almost feel normal when I'm with you"), and it has lots of little interesting bits, like the repeated "with you"'s at the end of each verse or the various synth lines that come in and out over the simple beat. There's nothing resembling the power of the typical material from Heaven, but it's still rather nice. The closing "The Greatest Show on Earth" is also pretty interesting; I get the feeling that the most striking part (the nagging "Steady as she goes/She's the greatest show") came from Moroder or Faltermeyer and not the Maels, but the other sung parts feel like they probably came Sparks themselves, and they stand out well from the instrumentation (which isn't terrible but definitely sounds like a compromise between the two main parties).

But the rest? There are some interesting lyrics here and there ("Rock and Roll People in a Disco World" is an amusing stab against rock dinosaurs grabbing onto the world of disco in an attempt to stay relevant, and the lyrics to "Young Girls" and "Noisy Boys" are horrifying enough in tandem to be noteworthy), but much of this album consists of music that I'd never consider listening to in another context. "Just Because You Love Me" doesn't even have interesting lyrics to go with its pedestrian everything, and while "Rock and Roll People ..." has strong lyrics, I just feel gross listening to it. "Young Girls" sounds in spots like a Kimono-era track trying to break out of a disco cocoon, but that's not enough to offset the other major aspects of the song (at least "I Like Girls" was a rollicking good time). "Noisy Boys" does have a rousing happy chorus after the pseudo-tense verses, and I do find myself attracted to a couple of the keyboard parts in the verses, but it stands out as much because of all that came before it as because of its own merits. As for "Stereo," it has its one-word chorus and a bunch of fairly pointless guitar chords (I forgot to mention that there's plenty of relatively simplistic guitar on this album, but nobody is credited for it; I'm assuming it's from Faltermeyer until otherwise informed), and nothing else.

There's also an instrumental version of "When I'm With You" that closes out side one, but it's pretty pointless given that the vocals were the best part. Overall, then, this is a massive disappointment. I knew that Ron Mael had said that he considered this one of the band's weakest albums, but when I bought this I hoped that the step down from Heaven would be a relatively mild one. There are some good tracks (I'd say that "When I'm With You," "Noisy Boys" and "The Greatest Show On Earth" are definite keepers), but a Sparks album should offer so much more than this does. Unless you're a fanatic, don't bother.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#1140277) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 01, 2014

Post a review of SPARKS "Terminal Jive"