TERMINAL JIVE

Sparks

Sparks Terminal Jive album cover

Buy SPARKS Music
Studio Album, released in 1980

1. When I'm With You (5:45)
2. Just Because You Love Me (4:35)
3. Rock 'N Roll People In A Disco World (4:48)
4. When I'm With You (3:45)
5. Young Girls (4:51)
6. Noisy Boys (3:55)
7. Stereo (3:59)
8. The Greatest Show On Earth (4:16)

Search SPARKS Terminal Jive lyrics

Label: Virgin
Producer: Giorgio Moroder, Harold Faltermeyer
Released: 1980
Recorded: 1979

Thanks to matte for the addition
and to Rune2000 for the last updates

SPARKS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPARKS Terminal Jive Music

PlagiarismPlagiarism
Oglio Records 1998
Best ofBest of
Import · Remastered
Repertoire 2000
New Music for Amnesiacs: Essential CollectionNew Music for Amnesiacs: Essential Collection
Lil Beethoven UK 2013
Angst in My PantsAngst in My Pants
Repertoire 1999
Maybe You Been Brainwashed [PA] by Clinton Sparks (CD, Mar-2005, LandSpeed) US $0.99 [0 bids]
56m 21s
RaRe electronic rock ~ SPARKS Tryouts For The Human Race ~ 12" U.K. picture disc US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h
(AZ779) Sparks Fly, Creatures - DJ CD US $4.57 Buy It Now 1h 27m
, Recital Works-Mark Sparks Audio CD US $5.95 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Sparks - A Woofer in Tweeter's Clothing - Bearsville 12" Vinyl LP - 1973 - NM- US $19.99 [0 bids]
Squeezing Out Sparks [Squeezing out Sparks + Live Sparks] by Graham Parker... US $1.99 [1 bids]
THE NEW CHRISTY MINSTRELS- LAND OF GIANTS -DIRECTED BY RANDY SPARKS US $24.99 [0 bids]
SPARKS-WHEN I KISS YOU 5MIX NEAR MINT UK CD US $12.98 Buy It Now 2h 10m
EDITORS ALL SPARKS CD RARE Includes NON-LP Track * NEW * SKCD84 UK INDIE US $17.99 Buy It Now 2h 23m
JONATHON WILSON 2012 AUSTRALIAN TOUR POSTER Beachwood Sparks Laurel Canyon US $12.06 Buy It Now 2h 30m
The Best Of Sparks LP US $8.00 [0 bids]
Sparks Fly by Miranda Cosgrove (CD, Apr-2010, Columbia (USA)) US $3.99 [0 bids]
SPARKS IN OUTER SPACE LP PROMO US $8.00 Buy It Now 4h 36m
RANDY SPARKS HAZY SUNSHINE RARE LP US MGM US $37.49 Buy It Now 4h 54m
Green Moon Sparks - Rebel With A Curse CD new Belgium US $13.45 Buy It Now 5h 10m
Accents for Solo Harp - Taylor Sparks,Phyllis New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $16.89 Buy It Now 5h 19m
Graham Parker - Squeezing Out Sparks NEW CD US $10.33 Buy It Now 5h 34m
Sparks The Rescue-Eyes To The Sun (Import CD) with 2 Bonus Tracks US $3.76 [0 bids]
MELVIN SPARKS Melvin Sparks '75 20TH CENTURY/WESTBOUND LP Soul funk US $39.99 Buy It Now 6h 41m
Sparks Angst in My Pants Japan Promo White Label Vinyl LP with OBI Glam Rock US $69.99 Buy It Now 6h 49m
Sparks In Outer Space Japan Promo White Label Vinyl LP with OBI Glam Rock US $69.99 Buy It Now 7h
Melvin Sparks - This Is It! CD US $18.71 Buy It Now 7h 40m
CD SPARKS/ Mael Bros 1968 Demo Lp - PARDON MY FRENCH US $11.99 Buy It Now 8h 49m
RANDY SPARKS - THE BIG NIGHT ROCKABILLY VG++ 45 US $75.50 Buy It Now 8h 50m
Sparks - Terminal Jive CD US $18.20 Buy It Now 9h 27m
SPARKS CALM BEFORE THE STORM 3TR EU CD SINGLE MINT CONDITION OPERA RON RUSSELL US $8.29 Buy It Now 9h 30m
Sparks Street, Love Huskies, New US $1.00 Buy It Now 9h 42m
Sparks - Suburban Homeboy (CD Single) US $24.91 Buy It Now 10h 18m
Jeremy Kittel - Chasing Sparks [CD New] US $16.98 Buy It Now 10h 37m
Sparks Fly by Miranda Cosgrove (CD, Jan-2000, Columbia (USA)) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Blue Sparks, Blue Sparks, Excellent EP US $1.00 Buy It Now 12h
Jordin Sparks - Jordin Sparks Music CD Album 2008 - DISC ONLY in Plastic Sleeve US $5.60 Buy It Now 12h 29m
NM- THE SPARKS FAMILY BLUEGRASS GOSPEL LP - HEAVEN THE LAND OF THE FREE!! US $12.99 Buy It Now 12h 29m
Sparks Street * - Love Huskies (CD 1998) US $4.50 Buy It Now 12h 55m
Jordin Sparks by Jordin Sparks (CD, Nov-2007, 19/Jive Recordings) US $3.00 [0 bids]
Earle Mankey Real World Ep Sparks US $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 29m
Sparks Modesty Plays, Angst In My Pants France 12" US $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 32m
Graham Parker - Squeezing Out Sparks NEW CD US $8.16 Buy It Now 13h 42m
Graham Parker "Squeezing Out Sparks" LP VERY NICE!! US $5.98 Buy It Now 13h 57m
IMOGEN HEAP - SPARKS - NEW VINYL LP ALBUM US $26.57 Buy It Now 14h 43m
IMOGEN HEAP - SPARKS - NEW CD ALBUM US $16.60 Buy It Now 14h 46m
Sparks - kimono My House - French CD Album US $24.99 Buy It Now 14h 46m
IMOGEN HEAP - SPARKS (DELUXE EDITION) - NEW CD ALBUM US $23.25 Buy It Now 14h 47m
Graham Parkier and The Rumour "Squeezing Out Sparks" LP US $4.95 Buy It Now 15h 2m
NEW Sparks Fly by CD-JEWEL CASE Book Free Shipping US $17.23 Buy It Now 15h 14m
NEW MUSIC FOR 2006-BELLE & AND SEBASTIAN-Sparks/BUZZCOCKS/Mark Lanegan/UNCUT/Cd US $10.29 Buy It Now 15h 21m
Sparks-Kimono My House-CD Album-Framed CD Clock-Fantastic Gift Idea US $33.22 Buy It Now 15h 33m
SPARKS---PULLING RABBITS OUT OF A HAT US $6.00 [0 bids]
Through The Sparks - Lazarus Beach [CD New] US $9.98 Buy It Now 15h 50m
Sparks Fly Miranda Cosgrove CD New still sealed US $6.49 Buy It Now 15h 53m
Danielle & Rochelle vs DJ Sparks 12" Amass 1992 US $24.91 Buy It Now 16h 31m
Sparks - Balls! [CD New] US $20.81 Buy It Now 16h 47m
Sparks Fly by Miranda Cosgrove (CD, Jan-2000, Columbia (USA)) US $7.32 Buy It Now 17h 17m
Sparks - No.1 In Heaven - Extended (NEW CD) US $18.68 Buy It Now 17h 42m
MIRANDA COSGROVE - SPARKS FLY NEW CD US $14.64 Buy It Now 17h 58m
SPARKS - KIMONO MY HOUSE [BONUS TRACKS] - NEW CD US $6.21 Buy It Now 18h 2m
Sparks 7 All You Ever Think About is Sex / same US $5.49 Buy It Now 18h 44m
Sparks m- promo 7 Wonder Girl / Mr Nice Guy US $9.75 Buy It Now 18h 45m
Sparks EP - Near Perfect US $11.35 Buy It Now 18h 50m
Minton Sparks/Sin Sick/2005 CD Album US $13.28 Buy It Now 18h 52m
Sparks SHORTCUTS 7 Inch Mixes 1979-84 REPERTOIRE 29 Track NEW SEALED 2 CD US $12.99 [0 bids]
THROUGH THE SPARKS - LAZARUS BEACH (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $18.46 Buy It Now 19h 8m
EDITORS / ALL SPARKS / 2006 7" P/S US $8.29 Buy It Now 19h 16m
SPARKS - MAEL INTUITION THE BEST OF 74-76 CD: GREATEST HITS VERY SINGLES US $2.48 [1 bids]
JORDIN SPARKS - An Original Sound Recording-Tattoo-Freeze Shy Boy-One Step At A US $2.98 Buy It Now 19h 52m
Johnny Rivers Ricky Nelson Randy Sparks E-4256 Mono LP Record Album near mint! US $10.95 [0 bids]
Sparks, Melvin Im a Gittar Player CD US $5.98 Buy It Now 20h 12m
CORNERSTONE MIXTAPE - 46 - CLINTON SPARKS, EVIL DEE UNPLAYED MINT 3-CD US $20.00 Buy It Now 20h 17m
THE NEW CHRISTY MINSTRELS EXCITING NEW FOLK CHORUS RANDY SPARKS LP 2 EYE MONO US $11.99 [0 bids]
The Lovely Feathers - Fantasy Of The Lot - CD (SK2015 2009 Sparks) US $9.30 Buy It Now 20h 25m
HEAR IT COUNTRY Boudleaux Bryant and the Sparks Hickory US $10.80 Buy It Now 21h 3m
(CU245) Pati Yang, Wires And Sparks - 2012 DJ CD US $4.97 Buy It Now 21h 7m
SPARKS - I Predict 45 US store Atlantic US $7.50 Buy It Now 21h 10m
Sparks Sports Cool Places Atlantic89866 R VG PS EX (45-7561) US $6.49 Buy It Now 21h 15m
Battlefield by Jordin Sparks (CD, Jul-2009, Jive (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
TRAFFIC ISRAELI UNIQUE COVER LOW SPARKS 1st ORANGE ISLAND UK Prog Rock US $80.00 Buy It Now 21h 23m
JIMMIE LUNCEFORD THE LAST SPARKS 1941 1944 HEAR IT US $9.00 Buy It Now 21h 29m
YELLOW RED SPARKS Four Steps In Corsets 4tk US PROMO cd w/Live Track US $6.99 Buy It Now 21h 53m
(CG441) Christopher Rees, Sparks Flying - 2011 DJ CD US $4.97 Buy It Now 21h 55m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - BEAT THE CLOCK - SPARKS - VS270 US $11.62 Buy It Now 21h 59m
??? ????? Jacky Cheung Sparks Of Love, RARE original 1st print CD 1992 PolydorHK US $75.00 [0 bids]
Hang Your Hat on the Wind Walt Disney Randy Sparks dh DQ-1332 EX LP Near Mint US $9.99 [0 bids]
SPARKS Modesty Plays long/short French Picture sleeve US $9.99 Buy It Now 22h 18m
Randy Sparks & BPM American Gramophone Special edition open shrink1 poster 6tix US $17.00 [0 bids]
(DE352) Sea Fruit, Looking for Sparks - 1999 DJ CD US $4.97 Buy It Now 22h 36m
SPARKS: Beat The Clock/ Tryouts For tHe Human Race Rare CANADIAN 45 1979 US $9.99 Buy It Now 22h 55m
RANDY SPARKS THREE S/T LP Verve Folk Mono US $9.99 [0 bids]
RANDY SPARKS Walkin' the Low Road LP Verve Folk Mono US $9.99 [0 bids]
Jordin Sparks, Sparks, Jordin, Good Import US $2.31 Buy It Now 23h 51m
GLEAMING SPIRES Walk on Well Lighted Streets PVC LP Advance Copy SPARKS New Wave US $15.00 Buy It Now 23h 54m
Sparks I Predict Club Mix 12 Inch Vinyl US $4.75 Buy It Now 1 day
SPARKS: Run Run Run (vocal groups vinyl 45) US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SPARKS: Run Run Run / Danny Boy (vocal groups vinyl 45) US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Best of Sparks [Repertoire] [Remaster] by Sparks (CD, Aug-2000, Repertoire) US $3.00 [1 bids]
Farmer Dave Scher Flash Forward To The Good Times LP New Mint Beachwood Sparks US $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE NEW CHRISTY MINSTRELS IN PERSON LEAD BY RANDY SPARKS-LP-NM-COLUMBIA TWO EYE US $5.99 [0 bids]
TORI SPARKS - SCORPION IN THE SKY NEW CD US $18.46 Buy It Now 1 day
TORI SPARKS - UNTIL MORNING / COME OUT OF THE DARK NEW CD US $22.28 Buy It Now 1 day
TREVOR SPARKS -SWEET REGGAE / DICKIE RANKING -REGGAE RAP /JR DEMUS / SHELLY 1991 US $0.98 [0 bids]
SPARKS: KIMONO MY HOUSE 2006 REMASTERED CD INC 3 BONUS TRACKS / NEW US $7.89 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy SPARKS music online Buy SPARKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPARKS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPARKS Terminal Jive ratings distribution

SPARKS Terminal Jive reviews

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars You might have noticed that skipped by a few albums between Indiscreet and Terminal Jive, but you'll just have to take my word for it when I say that those albums are far from a the essential Sparks classics that I've covered so far. Now let's move to the band's Electronica period!

No. 1 In Heaven was the point when the band moved away from rock music and into the domain of Disco/Synth-Pop/Electronica. The band recruited the talents of the synthesizers wizard Giorgio Moroder (or maybe it was the other way around?) to help them with the transition. Unfortunately I don't think that the result of this collaboration truly bloomed until the follow up release Terminal Jive, which is why I decided to skip that release in favor of the only really major album that Sparks recorded in the '80s.

The album gets into a groovy mood with When I'm With You, which is a perfect intro to such a bouncy record! I actually like that this album is slightly less synthesizer oriented than No. 1 In Heaven since it gives space for interesting experiments with electric guitar sounds mixed within layers of all the Electronica. Speaking of instrumental arrangements, some might consider the addition of an instrumental version of When I'm With You a cheap way to prolong the album but I honestly consider it to be a brilliant move, especially since this instrumental version mixes in new layers of sounds which almost completely change my perception of the original piece!

Overall, I'd still have to rate this album just below the excellent mark since it's a fun and light little record that I can listen to just to chill out but it's really not a good example of why I love Sparks. We'll need to skip almost 15 years into the future for a proper glimpse of that phenomenon!

***** star songs: When I'm With You (Instrumental) (3:45)

**** star songs: When I'm With You (5:49) Just Because You Love Me (4:38) Rock 'N Roll People In A Disco World (4:48) Young Girls (4:51) Stereo (4:02) The Greatest Show On Earth (4:19)

*** star songs: Noisy Boys (3:55)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#448436) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 16, 2011

Review by tarkus1980
2 stars A decent sequel to No. 1 in Heaven this is not. Inspired by the success of their collaboration with Giorgio Moroder, the brothers headed into the studio expecting a similar dynamic. Instead, Moroder, a busy man in his own right, offloaded much of the production and general direction responsibilities to Harold Faltermeyer, who would become best known in later years for the "Axel F" theme (from Beverly Hills Cop) and the "Top Gun Anthem" (from Top Gun). I can't say for sure, because I wasn't there, but it really sounds like Harold didn't have much interest in accommodating the eccentricities of the band's general approach to music, because aside from the lyrics, this album gives the sense of all of the band's personality getting squeezed out in the name of making the allbum accessible. Naturally, the album sold horribly, and the band's relationship with the Moroder clan of producers came to an end.

The album does open and end on fairly high notes. "When I'm With You" (a minor hit in France, because why not) takes a very Mael approach to expressing that he becomes a better person when he's with the person he's writing about (sample lyric: "I never feel like garbage when I'm with you/I almost feel normal when I'm with you"), and it has lots of little interesting bits, like the repeated "with you"'s at the end of each verse or the various synth lines that come in and out over the simple beat. There's nothing resembling the power of the typical material from Heaven, but it's still rather nice. The closing "The Greatest Show on Earth" is also pretty interesting; I get the feeling that the most striking part (the nagging "Steady as she goes/She's the greatest show") came from Moroder or Faltermeyer and not the Maels, but the other sung parts feel like they probably came Sparks themselves, and they stand out well from the instrumentation (which isn't terrible but definitely sounds like a compromise between the two main parties).

But the rest? There are some interesting lyrics here and there ("Rock and Roll People in a Disco World" is an amusing stab against rock dinosaurs grabbing onto the world of disco in an attempt to stay relevant, and the lyrics to "Young Girls" and "Noisy Boys" are horrifying enough in tandem to be noteworthy), but much of this album consists of music that I'd never consider listening to in another context. "Just Because You Love Me" doesn't even have interesting lyrics to go with its pedestrian everything, and while "Rock and Roll People ..." has strong lyrics, I just feel gross listening to it. "Young Girls" sounds in spots like a Kimono-era track trying to break out of a disco cocoon, but that's not enough to offset the other major aspects of the song (at least "I Like Girls" was a rollicking good time). "Noisy Boys" does have a rousing happy chorus after the pseudo-tense verses, and I do find myself attracted to a couple of the keyboard parts in the verses, but it stands out as much because of all that came before it as because of its own merits. As for "Stereo," it has its one-word chorus and a bunch of fairly pointless guitar chords (I forgot to mention that there's plenty of relatively simplistic guitar on this album, but nobody is credited for it; I'm assuming it's from Faltermeyer until otherwise informed), and nothing else.

There's also an instrumental version of "When I'm With You" that closes out side one, but it's pretty pointless given that the vocals were the best part. Overall, then, this is a massive disappointment. I knew that Ron Mael had said that he considered this one of the band's weakest albums, but when I bought this I hoped that the step down from Heaven would be a relatively mild one. There are some good tracks (I'd say that "When I'm With You," "Noisy Boys" and "The Greatest Show On Earth" are definite keepers), but a Sparks album should offer so much more than this does. Unless you're a fanatic, don't bother.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#1140277) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 01, 2014

Post a review of SPARKS "Terminal Jive"