ANGST IN MY PANTS

Sparks

Sparks Angst In My Pants album cover

Buy SPARKS Music
Studio Album, released in 1982

1. Angst In My Pants (3:25)
2. I Predict (2:50)
3. Sextown U.S.A. (2:59)
4. Sherlock Holmes (3:34)
5. Nicotina (3:26)
6. Mickey Mouse (3:36)
7. Moustache (3:28)
8. Instant Weight Loss (3:27)
9. Tarzan And Jane (3:18)
10. The Decline And Fall Of Me (2:53)
11. Eaten By The Monster Of Love (2:56)

Search SPARKS Angst In My Pants lyrics

- Bob Haag / guitar and additional background vocals
- David Kendrick / drums
- James Goodwin / synthesizers
- Mack / synthesizer programming

Thanks to matte for the addition
and to Rune2000 for the last updates

SPARKS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPARKS Angst In My Pants Music

Kimono My HouseKimono My House
Extra tracks · Import · Remastered
Fontana Island 2006
Mael Intuition / Best Of Sparks 1974-76 US $11.87 Buy It Now 39m 24s
MIRANDA COSGROVE-SPARKS FLY JAPAN EDITION-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK E25 US $23.99 Buy It Now 43m 49s
SPARKS-I WANNA HOLD YOUR HAND/ENGLAND ISLAND WIP 6282 UK NM 45 US $66.98 Buy It Now 45m 49s
Sparks Profile: The Ultimate Collection Disc Two (CD 1991 Rhino) US $15.00 [0 bids]
51m 43s
MELVIN SPARKS Self-Titled LP on Prestige US $7.99 [2 bids]
MELVIN SPARKS Spark Plug PRESTIGE LP VG+ US $8.50 [2 bids]
MELVIN SPARKS Texas Twister EASTBOUND LP US $37.00 [9 bids]
Jordin Sparks, Jordin Sparks Audio CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
RANDY SPARKS "BIRMINGHAM TRAIN" RARE 1959 VERVE 10191 LQQQK!! US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 33m
SPARKS - KIMONO MY HOUSE , ISLAND 1974 , EX/EX ,LP US $20.28 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Sparks - In Outer Space [CD New] US $14.11 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Chrissy Sparks-1983 magazine picture US $8.47 Buy It Now 1h 45m
THE SPARKS WHEN I KISS YOU 12" SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 39m
SINGING SAM & THE SPARKS -Daybreak-Rare Funk Soul 45-HONEY RECORDS #1472 US $59.99 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Ted Koltowicz and the Sparks Of Fire Orch. The Dancing Boots IRM Records Polka! US $9.95 Buy It Now 3h 13m
GRAHAM PARKER AND THE RUMOUR LIVE SPARKS PROMO LP US $12.95 Buy It Now 3h 20m
SPARKS BROTHERS 1932-1935 LP Blues Documents Austria CHARLIE MCFADDEN Complete US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 43m
Until Morning/Come Out of the Dark [Digipak] * by Tori Sparks (CD, Aug-2011,... US $16.25 Buy It Now 3h 49m
HALLOCK / SPARKS / CHORAL ARTS NORTHWEST - CATHEDRAL ANTHEMS NEW CD US $24.06 Buy It Now 4h 2m
SPARKS - DICK AROUND (EP) NEW CD US $17.11 Buy It Now 4h 12m
SPARKS 12 Inch Single Fingertips_The Scene 1986 Curb US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 12m
SPARKS-WHEN I KISS YOU 5 MIXES M- UK rock 12" US $11.98 Buy It Now 4h 14m
SPARKS ~ When Do I Get To Sing My Way ~ 2 x 12" Single PS PROMO US $15.26 Buy It Now 4h 28m
JEREMY KITTEL - CHASING SPARKS NEW CD US $22.91 Buy It Now 4h 33m
(CE415) Tommy Sparks, She's Got Me Dancing - 2009 DJ CD US $5.08 Buy It Now 4h 43m
Echo Sparks From A Wheel Remixes Vinyl 12 US $4.75 Buy It Now 4h 43m
Jordin Sparks - Battlefield - CD (jive) US $18.82 Buy It Now 4h 48m
GRAHAM PARKER & THE RUMOUR Squeezing Out Sparks 1979 VG+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 5h 29m
2012 LEAF POP CENTURY AUTO: JORDIN SPARKS - AUTOGRAPH "AMERICAN IDOL WINNER" US $16.90 Buy It Now 5h 33m
(AI684) Tommy Sparks, Miracle - DJ CD US $5.08 Buy It Now 5h 38m
RICK CUA Midnight Sun 1989 CD RARE OUTLAWS REBECCA SPARKS US $16.95 Buy It Now 5h 44m
cd C2 GREG & REBECCA SPARKS FIELD OF YOUR SOUL US $25.99 Buy It Now 5h 46m
HARD TIME BLUES St. Louis 1933-1940 Mamlish S3806 LP aaron milton sparks  US $84.99 Buy It Now 5h 48m
Graham Parker and the Rumour - Squeezing Out Sparks LP Arista AB 4223 (1979) VG+ US $3.00 [0 bids]
TOMMY SPARKS - TOMMY SPARKS NEW CD US $20.20 Buy It Now 6h 22m
The Sparks Live Life CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 6h 40m
SPARKS When I Kiss You / Music to Dance To Maxi EP 12" Vinyl NMint US $1.00 Buy It Now 7h 24m
Beachwood Sparks Loser Edition Colored Vinyl Tarnished Gold Sealed 2X LP Sub Pop US $125.00 Buy It Now 8h 46m
25 Collectible 12" RECORDS-BLOW OUT SALE-TWISTA- SHAGGY- SPARKS- RAY J US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yellow Red Sparks, Yellow Red Sparks, New US $15.56 Buy It Now 9h 49m
New Crack City - Clinton Sparks - New CD US $5.81 Buy It Now 10h 9m
THE SPIRIT VALENTINE "A SHOWER OF SPARKS" CD 1992 music Like New ULTRAVIOLET US $4.59 Buy It Now 10h 44m
THE SUMMER HITS Honey Machine RARE 7" EP #43/300 ORGASM Tyde/Beachwood Sparks US $39.99 Buy It Now 10h 48m
Jordin Sparks by Jordin Sparks (CD, Nov-2007, 19/Jive Recordings) NEW US $5.00 [0 bids]
Sparks Kimono My House - 1st vinyl LP album record UK ILPS9272 ISLAND 1974 US $40.65 Buy It Now 11h 30m
SPARKS "The number one song" RARE 7" ORIG ITALY-NEAR PERFECT! MORODER PRODUCTION US $14.99 Buy It Now 12h 38m
LARRY SPARKS - BEST OF LARRY SPARKS: BOUND TO RIDE NEW CD US $15.20 Buy It Now 13h 11m
Profile: The Ultimate Sparks Collection - 2 CD Box Set - 1991, Rhino Label US $27.00 Buy It Now 13h 30m
SPARKS WHEN I´M WITH YOU 2 VERS PS 7" GERMANY 1980 US $5.59 Buy It Now 13h 55m
GRAHAM PARKER Squeezing Out Sparks US $16.11 Buy It Now 14h 11m
CD Album: Sparks : 1st Album US $10.47 Buy It Now 14h 56m
Sparks ?- The Heaven Collection / Hell Collection -RARE 2CD BOX SET (T. Rex Devo US $39.53 Buy It Now 16h 42m
Sparks, Jordin Jordin Sparks CD NEW (UK Import) US $12.97 Buy It Now 17h 32m
Sparks,Larry - Best Of Larry Sparks: Bound To Ride [CD New] US $8.99 Buy It Now 17h 37m
Reggae 45 Lovers Rock TREVOR SPARKS Magic Man DIGITAL ENGLISH Records US $14.99 Buy It Now 17h 39m
Sparks "Indiscreet" Island Records, Stereo ( vg++ ) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Sparks - Two Hands One Mouth Live In Europe (2CD New) US $22.05 Buy It Now 18h 3m
EDITORS All Sparks 2 Track CD Single EU 2006 US $4.95 Buy It Now 18h 12m
Jacky Cheung Sparks of Love [Hybrid SACD] NEW Hong Kong CD 2003 ??? ??? Album ?? US $89.00 Buy It Now 18h 34m
Sparks - In Outer Space CD US $18.75 Buy It Now 18h 45m
MIRANDA COSGROVE CD - "SPARKS FLY" US $2.50 Buy It Now 18h 55m
(497O) Tommy Sparks, I'm A Rope - DJ CD US $4.16 Buy It Now 19h 9m
JEFF SPARKS - JAZZY CHRISTMAS WITH JEFF SPARKS NEW CD US $19.43 Buy It Now 19h 21m
LARRY SPARKS, CD "KENTUCKY BANJO" NEW SEALED US $5.99 Buy It Now 19h 31m
Sparks - Kimono My House (Remastered) (NEW CD) US $11.02 Buy It Now 19h 47m
NEW - Travelin' by Sparks, Larry US $5.23 Buy It Now 20h 10m
YELLOW RED SPARKS NEW VINYL US $30.11 Buy It Now 20h 42m
Battlefield by Jordin Sparks (CD, Jul-2009, Jive (USA)) US $3.00 [0 bids]
* SPARKS TERMINAL JIVE / JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD US $39.99 Buy It Now 21h 45m
Razzy Bailey- Sparks.....rare new/sealed cassette! US $10.00 Buy It Now 22h 3m
1998 Maylay Sparks Unusual Styles / I Mani MS-0027 12" NM Vinyl Play Tested US $5.50 Buy It Now 23h
SPARKS "I Predict" LP Cut and CLUB MIX Promo 12" Single US $7.95 Buy It Now 23h 16m
Minny Pops - Sparks In A Dark Room [Vinyl New] US $37.98 Buy It Now 23h 36m
HARRY SOKAL GROOVE - WHERE SPARKS START TO FLY - NEW CD US $19.11 Buy It Now 23h 44m
LARRY SPARKS - JOHN DEERE TRACTOR - NEW CD US $12.03 Buy It Now 23h 50m
1962 Presenting The New Christy Minstrels Randy Sparks 2-Eye MONO CL-1872 VG+ US $2.90 Buy It Now 23h 54m
Sparks Something For The Girl With Everything 7" Single 1U 1U Pressing - VVG US $0.85 [0 bids]
Sparks Amateur Hour 7" Single 2U 1U Pressing - VVG US $0.85 [0 bids]
SPARKS Calm Before the Storm EDIT & UNRELEASE CD Single US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
sparks lp introducing w/inner vg+/vg+ pc 34901 US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
sparks lp big beat wl promo w/inner vg/vg+ pc 34359 US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Sparks Best Of Music You Can Dance To Cd Curb US $8.80 [0 bids]
JORDIN SPARKS - ONE STEP AT A TIME 1TRK PROMO CD B13 US $0.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Vintage 70s Sparks Kimono My House Island Records Album Vinyl LP US $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Sparks of Rhythm Meet Vocaltones - 33 RPM 12" LP - Apollo 1001 - R US $11.00 [0 bids]
Sparks Kimono In My House (1974, Island) Shrink Wrap! Record, Vinyl, Album, LP US $24.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Larry Sparks Sings Hank Williams LP Ralph Stanley Clinch Mountain Boys US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Larry Sparks You Could Have Called LP Ralph Stanley Clinch Mountain Boys US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
??? ????? Jacky Cheung Sparks Of Love, RARE original 1st print CD 1992 PolydorHK US $75.00 [0 bids]
2-Cassette Tape set-THE ISLAND STORY 25th ANNIVERSARY-U2/Bob Marley/Sparks/Waits US $2.99 [0 bids]
20 song BLUEGRASS ORIGINALS V2 country gentlemen JD CROWE larry sparks NEW TAPE US $5.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Battlefield by Jordin Sparks (CD, Jul-2009, Jive (USA)) US $4.90 [0 bids]
Sparks Propaganda 1974 CD Rock Music Album Brand New US $11.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Jordin Sparks by Jordin Sparks (CD, Nov-2007, 19/Jive Recordings) US $1.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Sparks in a Dark Room [5/20] by Minny Pops (Vinyl, May-2014, 2 Discs, Factory... US $35.04 Buy It Now 1 day
Sparks / Modesty Plays 45 Single 12" French Release US $5.00 [0 bids]
SPARKS, Just Got Back From Heaven, CD, IMPORT US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Sparks Big Beat 1976 CD Rock Music Album Brand New US $11.87 Buy It Now 1 day
MARK SPARKS / CLINTON ADAMS - FLUTE RECITAL NEW CD US $24.83 Buy It Now 1 day
Uncut Magazine 02.2006 CD "New Music for 2006"(Buzzcocks,Sparks,Belle US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy SPARKS music online Buy SPARKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPARKS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPARKS Angst In My Pants ratings distribution

SPARKS Angst In My Pants reviews

Review by tarkus1980
3 stars While there are certainly many differences between the two albums in terms of specific implementation details (this one is a bit noisier and more robotic in both the synth and guitar sounds, for instance), and while there aren't any songs on this album that are analogous to songs from its predecessor, this album nonetheless strikes me as the same kind of album as Whomp. Once again, the band and its producer, Reinhold Mack (who was also responsible for contemporary early 80s Queen albums) decided to frame itself as a cross between a normal 80s synth pop band and a novelty act, and once again the result is decent but underwhelming. A lot of people will disagree with this assessment, of course; I've found that this album tends to be a bit of a fan favorite, which tells me that people take a bit of a "so what if it's novelty if it's good?" approach to the album. Here's the thing; if we agree that the band was a step above a pure novelty act in its prime (or, to put it another way, the band was in an interestingly ambiguous zone between novelty act and not), it should then follow that a transition into a more overtly novelty approach (especially if accompanied by a clear decline in the number of interesting ideas per song and per album) would represent a significant regression for the band. It's pretty good, but little more than that.

As with the previous album, though, the fact that I don't really love any of the songs and have reservations about the album as a whole doesn't mean that I don't get some enjoyment out of the various tracks. Some of them kinda stink, of course; the title track (about diarrhea and unwanted erections in inappropriate situations) features nothing especially interesting on top of the beat; "Instant Weight Loss" (about a guy who loses weight after a girl calls him "Fats" but then gains it all back) isn't interesting beyond a quiet recurring synth line; "Tarzan and Jane" lasts three minutes but feels twice as long thanks to some obnoxious ideas (such as the "oo-wee-oo-wee-oo-wee-oo-wee-oo" bit). I more or less like the rest, though. "I Predict" should annoy the crap out of me, but somehow it doesn't; it's very open about the fact that it isn't really based around melody (it's loudly chanted lyrics over a pounding 80s beat), and the lyrics, full of all sorts of predictions of dubious quality, somehow work perfectly in the context of the song. Plus, it may be a cheap gag, but repeatedly singing "And this song will fade out/and this song will fade out ..." and then not fading out the song makes me smirk every time, so I'm ok with the song.

There are a couple of faux-serious anthemic songs in the middle, and they're definitely the best songs on the album. "Sherlock Holmes" is a throwback to early 70s glam-rock anthems (especially from T. Rex; it should be noted that Mack had worked with T. Rex a few years earlier, so this isn't a shocking development) seems to be about somebody trying to woo a girl with a serious Sherlock Holmes fetish, culminating in a frustrated nonsensical plea of "I can dance like Sherlock Holmes/I can sing like Sherlock Holmes/But can't be Sherlock Holmes." "Nicotina" is a big huge bombastic ode (featuring all of the most overblown drum, keyboard and guitar sounds the band can muster) to a poor cigarette, whose fate was bound to the same path (an agonizing death at the moment of being smoked) as so many of her kin before and after have trod. It's completely ludicrous, but it's a track I don't mind coming back to repeatedly, and that doesn't happen a tremendous amount in the 80s with Sparks.

The other five tracks are solidly in the "novelty" category, and they're mostly ok. "Eaten By the Monster of Love" sounds a tremendous amount like contemporary Queen (not a surprise given the producer), and the "Don't let it get me/Don't let it get me" chorus is kind of a crackup (the verses are fun as well). "Sextown USA" (which pretty much has the exact lyrics you'd expect from an early 80s Sparks song with this title), "MIckey Mouse" (which is sung from the perspective of the title character) and "Moustache" (which has great lyrics; Ron writes of the glories and downsides of having a moustache and addresses the issue of his various choices of moustache style) are all up-tempo and moderately memorable, but the pattern of "fast song over pounding beat with robot synths dumped in occasionally" wears me out after a while. As for "The Decline and Fall of Me," I somewhat enjoy the song, but the lyrics make it such a blatant novelty exercise that my enjoyment is significantly tempered.

Essentially, my impression of this album (especially in conjunction with the previous album) is that the band has become a bit of a second-rate self-parody at this point. Mind you, the prime version of the band was good enough that it could absorb such a downgrade and still make music that's worth hearing, but it's a downgrade all the same. Still, while I wouldn't offer a strong recommendation for the album, I wouldn't offer a strong recommendation against it either. After all, it does have a couple of minor classics, and the rest of the album is acceptable background if you're in the mood for the kind of approach the band chooses to take here.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#1153112) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 24, 2014

Post a review of SPARKS "Angst In My Pants"