ANGST IN MY PANTS

Sparks

Sparks Angst In My Pants album cover

Buy SPARKS Music
Studio Album, released in 1982

1. Angst In My Pants (3:25)
2. I Predict (2:50)
3. Sextown U.S.A. (2:59)
4. Sherlock Holmes (3:34)
5. Nicotina (3:26)
6. Mickey Mouse (3:36)
7. Moustache (3:28)
8. Instant Weight Loss (3:27)
9. Tarzan And Jane (3:18)
10. The Decline And Fall Of Me (2:53)
11. Eaten By The Monster Of Love (2:56)

Search SPARKS Angst In My Pants lyrics

- Bob Haag / guitar and additional background vocals
- David Kendrick / drums
- James Goodwin / synthesizers
- Mack / synthesizer programming

Thanks to matte for the addition
and to Rune2000 for the last updates

SPARKS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPARKS Angst In My Pants Music

Rhino / Wea 1991
Two Hands One Mouth: Live in EuropeTwo Hands One Mouth: Live in Europe
Absolute UK 2013
SPARKS IN OUTER SPACE LP PROMO US $8.00 Buy It Now 38m 22s
Jordin Sparks - Jordin Sparks Music CD Album 2008 - DISC ONLY in Plastic Sleeve US $6.48 Buy It Now 44m 50s
NM- THE SPARKS FAMILY BLUEGRASS GOSPEL LP - HEAVEN THE LAND OF THE FREE!! US $10.39 Buy It Now 44m 55s
Beat The Clock by Sparks 7 inch vinyl single US $1.61 [0 bids]
45m 42s
Kendo No. 10 (1996) : Soultans, Sparks, Bryan Ferry, Its Immaterial, La Bouche, US $2.07 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Sparks~Beat The Clock [Pic Sleeve; 7"@45] 1979 US $5.87 [0 bids]
Sparks Street * - Love Huskies (CD 1998) US $4.50 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Chrysler : Failures & Sparks CD (2010) US $2.87 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Killing Fields Of Ontario : The Shock Of The Sparks CD US $8.51 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Earle Mankey Real World Ep Sparks US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 44m
IMOGEN HEAP - SPARKS - NEW CD ALBUM US $16.29 Buy It Now 3h
Sparks - kimono My House - French CD Album US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h
IMOGEN HEAP - SPARKS (DELUXE EDITION) - NEW CD ALBUM US $22.82 Buy It Now 3h 2m
SPARKS - WHEN I KISS YOU - 4 TRACK CD SINGLE US $3.25 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Graham Parkier and The Rumour "Squeezing Out Sparks" LP US $3.47 Buy It Now 3h 17m
beachwood sparks the tarnished gold rare 13 track cd US $4.88 [0 bids]
SPARKS Tryoits for the human race 7" NEW WAVE POP SYNTH US $4.06 Buy It Now 3h 27m
NEW MUSIC FOR 2006-BELLE & AND SEBASTIAN-Sparks/BUZZCOCKS/Mark Lanegan/UNCUT/Cd US $10.29 Buy It Now 3h 36m
CATHERINE WHEEL SPARKS are GONNA FLY UK 2000 PR0MO CD Single US $4.06 Buy It Now 3h 38m
Sparks-Kimono My House-CD Album-Framed CD Clock-Fantastic Gift Idea US $32.61 Buy It Now 3h 48m
Through The Sparks - Lazarus Beach [CD New] US $9.98 Buy It Now 4h 5m
Squeezing Out Sparks by Graham Parker (Arista...1979) G+ LP US $2.00 [0 bids]
Sparks Fly by Miranda Cosgrove (CD, Apr-2010, Columbia (USA)) US $1.00 [1 bids]
Danielle & Rochelle vs DJ Sparks 12" Amass 1992 US $24.45 Buy It Now 4h 46m
1969 HANG YOUR HAT IN THE WIND MOVIE LP Album Record HTF DISNEY Randy Sparks US $2.00 [0 bids]
SPARKS *Propaganda* UK Import VG++ Original Island Label US $11.99 [0 bids]
Sparks - Balls! [CD New] US $20.59 Buy It Now 5h 2m
BEACHWOOD SPARKS Tarnished Gold LP 12 Track Double In Gatefold Sleeve With Origi US $24.47 Buy It Now 5h 31m
CLINTON SPARKS - MAYBE YOU BEEN BRAINWASHED [PA] - NEW CD US $19.42 Buy It Now 5h 33m
SPARKS CD. US $8.89 [2 bids]
Sparks - No.1 In Heaven - Extended (NEW CD) US $18.33 Buy It Now 5h 57m
CD Sparks Fly From A Kiss s/t harmonic rock US $0.99 [0 bids]
6h
SPARKS - KIMONO MY HOUSE [BONUS TRACKS] - NEW CD US $9.75 Buy It Now 6h 17m
MIRANDA COSGROVE - SPARKS FLY NEW CD US $12.59 Buy It Now 6h 23m
EDITORS ALL SPARKS CD RARE Includes NON-LP Track * NEW * SKCD84 UK INDIE US $17.50 Buy It Now 6h 31m
Sparks [Digipak] by Imogen Heap (CD, Aug-2014, RCA) US $12.52 [0 bids]
In Outer Space - Sparks New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $19.20 Buy It Now 6h 57m
Sparks Fly by Miranda Cosgrove (CD, Jan-2000, Columbia (USA)) US $5.63 Buy It Now 7h
SPARKS-"PRETENDING TO BE DRUNK" EXTENDED/ NEW MIX-1984 U.S. ISSUE DJ 12" SINGLE US $7.99 [0 bids]
7h
Sparks EP - Near Perfect US $11.35 Buy It Now 7h 5m
Minton Sparks/Sin Sick/2005 CD Album US $13.03 Buy It Now 7h 7m
EDITORS / ALL SPARKS / 2006 7" P/S US $8.14 Buy It Now 7h 31m
THROUGH THE SPARKS - LAZARUS BEACH (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.72 Buy It Now 7h 35m
SPARKS SPECTACULAR Exotic Creatures of Deep WORLD PREMIERE TICKET LONDON lp cd US $14.68 Buy It Now 7h 38m
The Who Sparks On The Bay Live 1969 CD US $15.00 [0 bids]
Untill Morning/Come Out Of The Dark - Tori Sparks New & Sealed Compact Disc Free US $22.91 Buy It Now 7h 53m
Sparks Fly, Miranda Cosgrove, Acceptable US $3.98 Buy It Now 8h 5m
Sparks 7 All You Ever Think About is Sex / same US $5.49 Buy It Now 8h 9m
Sparks m- promo 7 Wonder Girl / Mr Nice Guy US $9.75 Buy It Now 8h 10m
I'm a Gittar Player by Melvin Sparks (CD, Jun-1997, Cannonball Records) US $6.95 Buy It Now 8h 22m
I'm a Gittar Player by Melvin Sparks (CD, Jun-1997, Cannonball Records) Jazz US $0.99 [0 bids]
Sparks, Melvin Im a Gittar Player CD US $5.73 Buy It Now 8h 27m
CORNERSTONE MIXTAPE - 46 - CLINTON SPARKS, EVIL DEE UNPLAYED MINT 3-CD US $20.00 Buy It Now 8h 32m
RARE FIND, THE NEW CHRISTY MINSTRELS, VINTAGE VINYL LP CL 1941 Randy Sparks VG+ US $4.95 [0 bids]
The Lovely Feathers - Fantasy Of The Lot - CD (SK2015 2009 Sparks) US $8.93 Buy It Now 8h 40m
Jordin Sparks by Jordin Sparks 2007 Canada Import CD NEW SEALED US $6.99 [0 bids]
Sparks 45 & PS Predict / Moustache (Rock) EX US $6.50 [0 bids]
HEAR IT COUNTRY Boudleaux Bryant and the Sparks Hickory US $10.80 Buy It Now 9h 18m
Trevor Sparks "A little way Different" L.P. and Jacket Mint - US $9.99 [0 bids]
(CU245) Pati Yang, Wires And Sparks - 2012 DJ CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 9h 22m
SPARKS - I Predict 45 US store Atlantic US $7.50 Buy It Now 9h 25m
Sparks Sports Cool Places Atlantic89866 R VG PS EX (45-7561) US $3.57 Buy It Now 9h 30m
TRAFFIC ISRAELI UNIQUE COVER LOW SPARKS 1st ORANGE ISLAND UK Prog Rock US $80.00 Buy It Now 9h 38m
JIMMIE LUNCEFORD THE LAST SPARKS 1941 1944 HEAR IT US $9.00 Buy It Now 9h 44m
CD Jordin Sparks Jordin Sparks US $4.00 Buy It Now 9h 52m
Sparks SHORTCUTS 7 Inch Mixes 1979-84 REPERTOIRE 29 Track NEW SEALED 2 CD US $12.99 [0 bids]
THE NEW CHRISTY MINSTRELS EXCITING NEW FOLK CHORUS RANDY SPARKS LP 2 EYE MONO US $9.59 Buy It Now 9h 59m
YELLOW RED SPARKS Four Steps In Corsets 4tk US PROMO cd w/Live Track US $6.99 Buy It Now 10h 8m
(CG441) Christopher Rees, Sparks Flying - 2011 DJ CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 10h 10m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - BEAT THE CLOCK - SPARKS - VS270 US $11.40 Buy It Now 10h 14m
Sparks Gratuitous Sax & Senseless Violins CD Synthpop 1995 US $3.99 [0 bids]
SPARKS Modesty Plays long/short French Picture sleeve US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 32m
(DE352) Sea Fruit, Looking for Sparks - 1999 DJ CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 10h 51m
SPARKS: Beat The Clock/ Tryouts For tHe Human Race Rare CANADIAN 45 1979 US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 10m
JORDIN SPARKS - An Original Sound Recording-Tattoo-Freeze Shy Boy-One Step At A US $2.53 Buy It Now 12h
Various Artists Hidden Sparks CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 12h 3m
GLEAMING SPIRES Walk on Well Lighted Streets PVC LP Advance Copy SPARKS New Wave US $15.00 Buy It Now 12h 9m
Sparks I Predict Club Mix 12 Inch Vinyl US $2.95 Buy It Now 12h 30m
Sparks Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat LP Atlantic 80160-1 1984 promo copy US $5.00 [0 bids]
SPARKS: Run Run Run (vocal groups vinyl 45) US $20.00 Buy It Now 12h 38m
SPARKS: Run Run Run / Danny Boy (vocal groups vinyl 45) US $20.00 Buy It Now 12h 38m
*PROMO* Sparks - Over the Summer (mono-stereo), Columbia 3-10579 single 45 rpm US $3.75 [0 bids]
BEACHWOOD SPARKS - S/T - CD SUB POP LAMBCHOP SHINS APPLES IN STEREO US $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 13m
Farmer Dave Scher Flash Forward To The Good Times LP New Mint Beachwood Sparks US $18.99 Buy It Now 13h 33m
Jordin Sparks - Rock/ Teen Pop CD US $2.99 [0 bids]
TORI SPARKS - SCORPION IN THE SKY NEW CD US $17.72 Buy It Now 13h 53m
TORI SPARKS - UNTIL MORNING / COME OUT OF THE DARK NEW CD US $21.39 Buy It Now 14h 4m
HOUSTON PERSON - Heavy Juice ~ MUSE 5260 {nm} w/Melvin Sparks, Jon Logan RARE US $24.99 Buy It Now 14h 28m
ALIEN PARADISE COMPILATED BY DJ SPARKS CD NEW SS K384 US $5.99 [0 bids]
Sparks Profile: The Ultimate Sparks Collection CD Disc 1 from 1991 Rhino box set US $10.99 Buy It Now 15h 42m
SAD AMONG STRANGERS "Sparks Fly Upwards" UK 7" 45 Vinyl Single 1980 US $5.00 Buy It Now 15h 55m
Battlefield by Jordin Sparks (CD, Jul-2009, Jive (USA)) Brand New Sealed CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 16h 2m
Melvin Sparks - I'm a Gittar Player NEW Sealed Cassette US $9.00 Buy It Now 16h 7m
Jordin Sparks - Jordin Sparks Japan Edition CD B3 US $8.99 Buy It Now 16h 32m

More places to buy SPARKS music online Buy SPARKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPARKS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPARKS Angst In My Pants ratings distribution

SPARKS Angst In My Pants reviews

Review by tarkus1980
3 stars While there are certainly many differences between the two albums in terms of specific implementation details (this one is a bit noisier and more robotic in both the synth and guitar sounds, for instance), and while there aren't any songs on this album that are analogous to songs from its predecessor, this album nonetheless strikes me as the same kind of album as Whomp. Once again, the band and its producer, Reinhold Mack (who was also responsible for contemporary early 80s Queen albums) decided to frame itself as a cross between a normal 80s synth pop band and a novelty act, and once again the result is decent but underwhelming. A lot of people will disagree with this assessment, of course; I've found that this album tends to be a bit of a fan favorite, which tells me that people take a bit of a "so what if it's novelty if it's good?" approach to the album. Here's the thing; if we agree that the band was a step above a pure novelty act in its prime (or, to put it another way, the band was in an interestingly ambiguous zone between novelty act and not), it should then follow that a transition into a more overtly novelty approach (especially if accompanied by a clear decline in the number of interesting ideas per song and per album) would represent a significant regression for the band. It's pretty good, but little more than that.

As with the previous album, though, the fact that I don't really love any of the songs and have reservations about the album as a whole doesn't mean that I don't get some enjoyment out of the various tracks. Some of them kinda stink, of course; the title track (about diarrhea and unwanted erections in inappropriate situations) features nothing especially interesting on top of the beat; "Instant Weight Loss" (about a guy who loses weight after a girl calls him "Fats" but then gains it all back) isn't interesting beyond a quiet recurring synth line; "Tarzan and Jane" lasts three minutes but feels twice as long thanks to some obnoxious ideas (such as the "oo-wee-oo-wee-oo-wee-oo-wee-oo" bit). I more or less like the rest, though. "I Predict" should annoy the crap out of me, but somehow it doesn't; it's very open about the fact that it isn't really based around melody (it's loudly chanted lyrics over a pounding 80s beat), and the lyrics, full of all sorts of predictions of dubious quality, somehow work perfectly in the context of the song. Plus, it may be a cheap gag, but repeatedly singing "And this song will fade out/and this song will fade out ..." and then not fading out the song makes me smirk every time, so I'm ok with the song.

There are a couple of faux-serious anthemic songs in the middle, and they're definitely the best songs on the album. "Sherlock Holmes" is a throwback to early 70s glam-rock anthems (especially from T. Rex; it should be noted that Mack had worked with T. Rex a few years earlier, so this isn't a shocking development) seems to be about somebody trying to woo a girl with a serious Sherlock Holmes fetish, culminating in a frustrated nonsensical plea of "I can dance like Sherlock Holmes/I can sing like Sherlock Holmes/But can't be Sherlock Holmes." "Nicotina" is a big huge bombastic ode (featuring all of the most overblown drum, keyboard and guitar sounds the band can muster) to a poor cigarette, whose fate was bound to the same path (an agonizing death at the moment of being smoked) as so many of her kin before and after have trod. It's completely ludicrous, but it's a track I don't mind coming back to repeatedly, and that doesn't happen a tremendous amount in the 80s with Sparks.

The other five tracks are solidly in the "novelty" category, and they're mostly ok. "Eaten By the Monster of Love" sounds a tremendous amount like contemporary Queen (not a surprise given the producer), and the "Don't let it get me/Don't let it get me" chorus is kind of a crackup (the verses are fun as well). "Sextown USA" (which pretty much has the exact lyrics you'd expect from an early 80s Sparks song with this title), "MIckey Mouse" (which is sung from the perspective of the title character) and "Moustache" (which has great lyrics; Ron writes of the glories and downsides of having a moustache and addresses the issue of his various choices of moustache style) are all up-tempo and moderately memorable, but the pattern of "fast song over pounding beat with robot synths dumped in occasionally" wears me out after a while. As for "The Decline and Fall of Me," I somewhat enjoy the song, but the lyrics make it such a blatant novelty exercise that my enjoyment is significantly tempered.

Essentially, my impression of this album (especially in conjunction with the previous album) is that the band has become a bit of a second-rate self-parody at this point. Mind you, the prime version of the band was good enough that it could absorb such a downgrade and still make music that's worth hearing, but it's a downgrade all the same. Still, while I wouldn't offer a strong recommendation for the album, I wouldn't offer a strong recommendation against it either. After all, it does have a couple of minor classics, and the rest of the album is acceptable background if you're in the mood for the kind of approach the band chooses to take here.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#1153112) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 24, 2014

Post a review of SPARKS "Angst In My Pants"