ANGST IN MY PANTS

Sparks

Sparks Angst In My Pants album cover

Buy SPARKS Music
Studio Album, released in 1982

1. Angst In My Pants (3:25)
2. I Predict (2:50)
3. Sextown U.S.A. (2:59)
4. Sherlock Holmes (3:34)
5. Nicotina (3:26)
6. Mickey Mouse (3:36)
7. Moustache (3:28)
8. Instant Weight Loss (3:27)
9. Tarzan And Jane (3:18)
10. The Decline And Fall Of Me (2:53)
11. Eaten By The Monster Of Love (2:56)

Search SPARKS Angst In My Pants lyrics

- Bob Haag / guitar and additional background vocals
- David Kendrick / drums
- James Goodwin / synthesizers
- Mack / synthesizer programming

Thanks to matte for the addition
and to Rune2000 for the last updates

SPARKS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPARKS Angst In My Pants Music

Left Coast AngstLeft Coast Angst
Imports 2014
CD SPARKS/ Mael Bros 1968 Demo Lp - PARDON MY FRENCH US $11.99 Buy It Now 34m 38s
RANDY SPARKS - THE BIG NIGHT ROCKABILLY VG++ 45 US $75.50 Buy It Now 36m 6s
Sparks - Terminal Jive CD US $18.20 Buy It Now 1h 13m
SPARKS CALM BEFORE THE STORM 3TR EU CD SINGLE MINT CONDITION OPERA RON RUSSELL US $8.31 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Sparks Street, Love Huskies, New US $1.00 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Sparks - Suburban Homeboy (CD Single) US $24.95 Buy It Now 2h 3m
Jeremy Kittel - Chasing Sparks [CD New] US $16.98 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Sparks Fly by Miranda Cosgrove (CD, Jan-2000, Columbia (USA)) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Blue Sparks, Blue Sparks, Excellent EP US $1.00 Buy It Now 3h 46m
Jordin Sparks - Jordin Sparks Music CD Album 2008 - DISC ONLY in Plastic Sleeve US $5.61 Buy It Now 4h 15m
NM- THE SPARKS FAMILY BLUEGRASS GOSPEL LP - HEAVEN THE LAND OF THE FREE!! US $12.99 Buy It Now 4h 15m
Sparks Street * - Love Huskies (CD 1998) US $4.50 Buy It Now 4h 41m
Jordin Sparks by Jordin Sparks (CD, Nov-2007, 19/Jive Recordings) US $3.00 [0 bids]
Earle Mankey Real World Ep Sparks US $19.99 Buy It Now 5h 14m
Sparks Modesty Plays, Angst In My Pants France 12" US $19.99 Buy It Now 5h 18m
Graham Parker - Squeezing Out Sparks NEW CD US $8.17 Buy It Now 5h 28m
Graham Parker "Squeezing Out Sparks" LP VERY NICE!! US $5.98 Buy It Now 5h 42m
IMOGEN HEAP - SPARKS - NEW VINYL LP ALBUM US $26.62 Buy It Now 6h 28m
IMOGEN HEAP - SPARKS - NEW CD ALBUM US $16.63 Buy It Now 6h 31m
Sparks - kimono My House - French CD Album US $24.99 Buy It Now 6h 32m
IMOGEN HEAP - SPARKS (DELUXE EDITION) - NEW CD ALBUM US $23.29 Buy It Now 6h 32m
Graham Parkier and The Rumour "Squeezing Out Sparks" LP US $4.95 Buy It Now 6h 47m
NEW Sparks Fly by CD-JEWEL CASE Book Free Shipping US $17.23 Buy It Now 7h
NEW MUSIC FOR 2006-BELLE & AND SEBASTIAN-Sparks/BUZZCOCKS/Mark Lanegan/UNCUT/Cd US $10.29 Buy It Now 7h 7m
Sparks-Kimono My House-CD Album-Framed CD Clock-Fantastic Gift Idea US $33.28 Buy It Now 7h 18m
SPARKS---PULLING RABBITS OUT OF A HAT US $6.00 [0 bids]
Through The Sparks - Lazarus Beach [CD New] US $9.98 Buy It Now 7h 35m
Sparks Fly Miranda Cosgrove CD New still sealed US $6.49 Buy It Now 7h 38m
Danielle & Rochelle vs DJ Sparks 12" Amass 1992 US $24.95 Buy It Now 8h 16m
Sparks - Balls! [CD New] US $20.81 Buy It Now 8h 32m
Sparks Fly by Miranda Cosgrove (CD, Jan-2000, Columbia (USA)) US $7.32 Buy It Now 9h 3m
Sparks - No.1 In Heaven - Extended (NEW CD) US $18.71 Buy It Now 9h 28m
MIRANDA COSGROVE - SPARKS FLY NEW CD US $14.64 Buy It Now 9h 44m
SPARKS - KIMONO MY HOUSE [BONUS TRACKS] - NEW CD US $6.21 Buy It Now 9h 47m
Sparks 7 All You Ever Think About is Sex / same US $5.49 Buy It Now 10h 30m
Sparks m- promo 7 Wonder Girl / Mr Nice Guy US $9.75 Buy It Now 10h 30m
Sparks EP - Near Perfect US $11.35 Buy It Now 10h 35m
Minton Sparks/Sin Sick/2005 CD Album US $13.30 Buy It Now 10h 38m
Sparks SHORTCUTS 7 Inch Mixes 1979-84 REPERTOIRE 29 Track NEW SEALED 2 CD US $12.99 [0 bids]
THROUGH THE SPARKS - LAZARUS BEACH (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $18.46 Buy It Now 10h 53m
EDITORS / ALL SPARKS / 2006 7" P/S US $8.31 Buy It Now 11h
SPARKS - MAEL INTUITION THE BEST OF 74-76 CD: GREATEST HITS VERY SINGLES US $2.48 [1 bids]
JORDIN SPARKS - An Original Sound Recording-Tattoo-Freeze Shy Boy-One Step At A US $2.98 Buy It Now 11h 37m
Johnny Rivers Ricky Nelson Randy Sparks E-4256 Mono LP Record Album near mint! US $10.95 [0 bids]
Sparks, Melvin Im a Gittar Player CD US $5.81 Buy It Now 11h 57m
CORNERSTONE MIXTAPE - 46 - CLINTON SPARKS, EVIL DEE UNPLAYED MINT 3-CD US $20.00 Buy It Now 12h 2m
THE NEW CHRISTY MINSTRELS EXCITING NEW FOLK CHORUS RANDY SPARKS LP 2 EYE MONO US $11.99 [0 bids]
The Lovely Feathers - Fantasy Of The Lot - CD (SK2015 2009 Sparks) US $9.30 Buy It Now 12h 10m
HEAR IT COUNTRY Boudleaux Bryant and the Sparks Hickory US $10.80 Buy It Now 12h 49m
(CU245) Pati Yang, Wires And Sparks - 2012 DJ CD US $4.98 Buy It Now 12h 53m
SPARKS - I Predict 45 US store Atlantic US $7.50 Buy It Now 12h 55m
Sparks Sports Cool Places Atlantic89866 R VG PS EX (45-7561) US $6.49 Buy It Now 13h
Battlefield by Jordin Sparks (CD, Jul-2009, Jive (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
TRAFFIC ISRAELI UNIQUE COVER LOW SPARKS 1st ORANGE ISLAND UK Prog Rock US $80.00 Buy It Now 13h 8m
JIMMIE LUNCEFORD THE LAST SPARKS 1941 1944 HEAR IT US $9.00 Buy It Now 13h 14m
YELLOW RED SPARKS Four Steps In Corsets 4tk US PROMO cd w/Live Track US $6.99 Buy It Now 13h 39m
(CG441) Christopher Rees, Sparks Flying - 2011 DJ CD US $4.98 Buy It Now 13h 40m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - BEAT THE CLOCK - SPARKS - VS270 US $11.64 Buy It Now 13h 44m
??? ????? Jacky Cheung Sparks Of Love, RARE original 1st print CD 1992 PolydorHK US $75.00 [0 bids]
Hang Your Hat on the Wind Walt Disney Randy Sparks dh DQ-1332 EX LP Near Mint US $9.99 [0 bids]
SPARKS Modesty Plays long/short French Picture sleeve US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 3m
Randy Sparks & BPM American Gramophone Special edition open shrink1 poster 6tix US $17.00 [0 bids]
(DE352) Sea Fruit, Looking for Sparks - 1999 DJ CD US $4.98 Buy It Now 14h 21m
SPARKS: Beat The Clock/ Tryouts For tHe Human Race Rare CANADIAN 45 1979 US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 40m
RANDY SPARKS THREE S/T LP Verve Folk Mono US $9.99 [0 bids]
RANDY SPARKS Walkin' the Low Road LP Verve Folk Mono US $9.99 [0 bids]
Jordin Sparks, Sparks, Jordin, Good Import US $2.31 Buy It Now 15h 36m
GLEAMING SPIRES Walk on Well Lighted Streets PVC LP Advance Copy SPARKS New Wave US $15.00 Buy It Now 15h 39m
Sparks I Predict Club Mix 12 Inch Vinyl US $4.75 Buy It Now 16h
SPARKS: Run Run Run (vocal groups vinyl 45) US $20.00 Buy It Now 16h 8m
SPARKS: Run Run Run / Danny Boy (vocal groups vinyl 45) US $20.00 Buy It Now 16h 8m
The Best of Sparks [Repertoire] [Remaster] by Sparks (CD, Aug-2000, Repertoire) US $4.36 [2 bids]
Farmer Dave Scher Flash Forward To The Good Times LP New Mint Beachwood Sparks US $18.99 Buy It Now 17h 3m
THE NEW CHRISTY MINSTRELS IN PERSON LEAD BY RANDY SPARKS-LP-NM-COLUMBIA TWO EYE US $5.99 [0 bids]
TORI SPARKS - SCORPION IN THE SKY NEW CD US $18.46 Buy It Now 17h 13m
TORI SPARKS - UNTIL MORNING / COME OUT OF THE DARK NEW CD US $22.27 Buy It Now 17h 23m
TREVOR SPARKS -SWEET REGGAE / DICKIE RANKING -REGGAE RAP /JR DEMUS / SHELLY 1991 US $0.98 [0 bids]
SPARKS: KIMONO MY HOUSE 2006 REMASTERED CD INC 3 BONUS TRACKS / NEW US $7.91 Buy It Now 17h 42m
Al Sparks [8-Track] I Heard It At The Barber Shop *Girlie Cover* (Comedy) *1972* US $10.99 Buy It Now 17h 48m
Miranda Cosgrove: Sparks Fly [Delux +4 Bonus,12 tracks]CD, Columbia (USA) SEALED US $2.99 [0 bids]
MELVIN SPARKS - THIS IS IT NEW CD US $22.66 Buy It Now 17h 53m
JORDIN SPARKS S.O.S. (Let The Music Play) 2009 PROMO CD / SOS US $1.99 [0 bids]
HOUSTON PERSON - Heavy Juice ~ MUSE 5260 {nm} w/Melvin Sparks, Jon Logan RARE US $24.99 Buy It Now 17h 59m
Sparks Fly by Miranda Cosgrove (CD, Apr-2010, Columbia (USA)) US $1.99 [0 bids]
SAD AMONG STRANGERS "Sparks Fly Upwards" UK 7" 45 Vinyl Single 1980 US $5.00 Buy It Now 19h 26m
Battlefield by Jordin Sparks (CD, Jul-2009, Jive (USA)) Brand New Sealed CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 19h 32m
LARRY SPARKS - ALMOST HOME NEW CD US $19.98 Buy It Now 19h 53m
JAZZ COMP: .AIN'T IT FUNKY NOW 2LP, Feat. Melvin Sparks, Gene Ammons, Charles Ky US $31.46 Buy It Now 19h 54m
Oddball Folk Music Lp MEET THE BACK PORCH MAJORITY YELLOW Lbl EPIC Randy Sparks US $19.00 [0 bids]
Jordin Sparks - Jordin Sparks Japan Edition CD B3 US $8.99 Buy It Now 20h 2m
MELVIN SPARKS LP, Sparkling (MUSE US Issue NM/NM) US $26.47 Buy It Now 20h 4m
SPARKS - HELLO YOUNG LOVERS NEW CD US $21.90 Buy It Now 20h 24m
Loud Earth, Sparks Audio CD US $7.12 Buy It Now 20h 52m
AUTOGRAPHED Melvin Sparks "It Is What It Is" CD US $19.99 [0 bids]
Sparks, Clinton - Touch the Sky - CD [NSS] US $3.01 Buy It Now 21h 18m
coldplay - sparks X 2 CD singles (promo & independent) -yellow ( video ) + live US $21.50 [0 bids]
MIRANDA COSGROVE - SPARKS FLY (IMPORT) NEW CD US $15.80 Buy It Now 21h 22m
JORDIN SPARKS - BATTLEFIELD NEW CD US $11.22 Buy It Now 21h 33m
Jordin Sparks, Jordin Sparks, Good US $4.74 Buy It Now 21h 48m
Now That I Own The BBC by Sparks-1994,Dance/House Import Maxi Single CD,Logic US $12.99 Buy It Now 22h 29m

More places to buy SPARKS music online Buy SPARKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPARKS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPARKS Angst In My Pants ratings distribution

SPARKS Angst In My Pants reviews

Review by tarkus1980
3 stars While there are certainly many differences between the two albums in terms of specific implementation details (this one is a bit noisier and more robotic in both the synth and guitar sounds, for instance), and while there aren't any songs on this album that are analogous to songs from its predecessor, this album nonetheless strikes me as the same kind of album as Whomp. Once again, the band and its producer, Reinhold Mack (who was also responsible for contemporary early 80s Queen albums) decided to frame itself as a cross between a normal 80s synth pop band and a novelty act, and once again the result is decent but underwhelming. A lot of people will disagree with this assessment, of course; I've found that this album tends to be a bit of a fan favorite, which tells me that people take a bit of a "so what if it's novelty if it's good?" approach to the album. Here's the thing; if we agree that the band was a step above a pure novelty act in its prime (or, to put it another way, the band was in an interestingly ambiguous zone between novelty act and not), it should then follow that a transition into a more overtly novelty approach (especially if accompanied by a clear decline in the number of interesting ideas per song and per album) would represent a significant regression for the band. It's pretty good, but little more than that.

As with the previous album, though, the fact that I don't really love any of the songs and have reservations about the album as a whole doesn't mean that I don't get some enjoyment out of the various tracks. Some of them kinda stink, of course; the title track (about diarrhea and unwanted erections in inappropriate situations) features nothing especially interesting on top of the beat; "Instant Weight Loss" (about a guy who loses weight after a girl calls him "Fats" but then gains it all back) isn't interesting beyond a quiet recurring synth line; "Tarzan and Jane" lasts three minutes but feels twice as long thanks to some obnoxious ideas (such as the "oo-wee-oo-wee-oo-wee-oo-wee-oo" bit). I more or less like the rest, though. "I Predict" should annoy the crap out of me, but somehow it doesn't; it's very open about the fact that it isn't really based around melody (it's loudly chanted lyrics over a pounding 80s beat), and the lyrics, full of all sorts of predictions of dubious quality, somehow work perfectly in the context of the song. Plus, it may be a cheap gag, but repeatedly singing "And this song will fade out/and this song will fade out ..." and then not fading out the song makes me smirk every time, so I'm ok with the song.

There are a couple of faux-serious anthemic songs in the middle, and they're definitely the best songs on the album. "Sherlock Holmes" is a throwback to early 70s glam-rock anthems (especially from T. Rex; it should be noted that Mack had worked with T. Rex a few years earlier, so this isn't a shocking development) seems to be about somebody trying to woo a girl with a serious Sherlock Holmes fetish, culminating in a frustrated nonsensical plea of "I can dance like Sherlock Holmes/I can sing like Sherlock Holmes/But can't be Sherlock Holmes." "Nicotina" is a big huge bombastic ode (featuring all of the most overblown drum, keyboard and guitar sounds the band can muster) to a poor cigarette, whose fate was bound to the same path (an agonizing death at the moment of being smoked) as so many of her kin before and after have trod. It's completely ludicrous, but it's a track I don't mind coming back to repeatedly, and that doesn't happen a tremendous amount in the 80s with Sparks.

The other five tracks are solidly in the "novelty" category, and they're mostly ok. "Eaten By the Monster of Love" sounds a tremendous amount like contemporary Queen (not a surprise given the producer), and the "Don't let it get me/Don't let it get me" chorus is kind of a crackup (the verses are fun as well). "Sextown USA" (which pretty much has the exact lyrics you'd expect from an early 80s Sparks song with this title), "MIckey Mouse" (which is sung from the perspective of the title character) and "Moustache" (which has great lyrics; Ron writes of the glories and downsides of having a moustache and addresses the issue of his various choices of moustache style) are all up-tempo and moderately memorable, but the pattern of "fast song over pounding beat with robot synths dumped in occasionally" wears me out after a while. As for "The Decline and Fall of Me," I somewhat enjoy the song, but the lyrics make it such a blatant novelty exercise that my enjoyment is significantly tempered.

Essentially, my impression of this album (especially in conjunction with the previous album) is that the band has become a bit of a second-rate self-parody at this point. Mind you, the prime version of the band was good enough that it could absorb such a downgrade and still make music that's worth hearing, but it's a downgrade all the same. Still, while I wouldn't offer a strong recommendation for the album, I wouldn't offer a strong recommendation against it either. After all, it does have a couple of minor classics, and the rest of the album is acceptable background if you're in the mood for the kind of approach the band chooses to take here.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#1153112) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 24, 2014

Post a review of SPARKS "Angst In My Pants"