PULLING RABBITS OUT OF A HAT

Sparks

Sparks Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat album cover

Buy SPARKS Music
Studio Album, released in 1984

1. Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat (4:07)
2. Love Scenes (9:07)
3. Pretending To Be Drunk (3:38)
4. Progress (4:43)
5. With All My Might (3:39)
6. Sparks In The Dark Pt. 1 (0:28)
7. Everybody Move (2:58)
8. A Song That Sings Itself (4:23)
9. Sisters (3:53)
10. Kiss Me Quick (4:07)
11. Sparks In The Dark Pt. 2 (2:58)

Search SPARKS Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat lyrics

Search SPARKS Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat tabs

- Russell Mael / vocals
- Ron Mael / keyboards

Thanks to matte for the addition
and to Rune2000 for the last updates

SPARKS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPARKS Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat Music

Repertoire 2008
Best ofBest of
Import · Remastered
Repertoire 2000
SPARKS WHEN I KISS YOU I HEAR CHARLE PARKER PLAYING 12" US $6.99 Buy It Now 34m 6s
Sparks - A Woofer in Tweeter's Clothing - Bearsville 12" Vinyl LP - 1973 - NM- US $9.99 [0 bids]
35m 53s
Sparks This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both Of Us... 7" record UK US $17.76 Buy It Now 1h 22m
2 LONE SWORDSMAN - A Bag of Blue Sparks (1 CD) [Warp Music] US $4.47 Buy It Now 2h 35m
Hello Young Lovers by Sparks (CD, Mar-2006, In the Red Records) US $12.29 Buy It Now 3h 29m
Sparks Get in The Swing Japan Promo White Label Vinyl 7 inch Single 7" US $69.99 Buy It Now 3h 36m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - SPARKS - THIS TOWN AIN'T BIG ENOUGH FOR THE BOTH OF US - WIP 6 US $11.34 Buy It Now 3h 54m
MELVIN SPARKS SPARKS REISSUE PRESTIGE (EMS SHIPPING-USD18 US $12.00 [0 bids]
MELVIN SPARKS AKILAH REISSUE PRESTIGE (EMS SHIPPING-USD18 US $12.00 [0 bids]
Jordin Sparks - Jordin Sparks - UK CD album 2007 US $6.47 Buy It Now 5h 21m
Tim Sparks - Little Princess CD US $18.20 Buy It Now 5h 22m
ANDRA SPARKS - PEOPLE WE ONCE KNEW CD MINT US $6.46 Buy It Now 5h 56m
Clinton Sparks feat P. Diddy Run this City NEW VINYL Joe Budden Whatever Takes US $12.99 Buy It Now 6h 9m
Japan Promo only Vinyl LP Roxy Music Sparks Eno Ayers US $99.99 Buy It Now 6h 11m
Sparks - Beat The Clock - 7" Single - Vinyl Record US $1.61 [0 bids]
Sparks Girl From Germany 7" single K15516 EX US $12.97 Buy It Now 7h 23m
SPARKS never turn your back on mother earth/alabamy right WIP 6211 uk 7" WS EX/ US $11.34 Buy It Now 7h 57m
New Christy Minstrels "Merry Christmas" RANDY SPARKS LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 49m
Sparks - Now That I Own The BBC - Deleted UK/European 1996 4 track CD1 US $8.09 Buy It Now 9h
Sparks (Deluxe) - Imogen Heap US $12.98 Buy It Now 9h 4m
Eyes to the Sun by Sparks the Rescue (CD, May-2009, ... US $8.50 Buy It Now 9h 14m
PARKER,GRAHAM-SQUEEZING OUT SPARKS (RMST) CD NEW US $14.88 Buy It Now 9h 24m
Graham Parker & the Rumour Squeezing Out Sparks rare LP great condition US $10.99 [0 bids]
PERE UBU Waiting For Mary 12" Ps, 3 Tracks Inc Wine Dark Sparks+Flat, Ubu 212 US $14.58 Buy It Now 9h 30m
BEACHWOOD SPARKS - Desert Skies - CD US $20.68 Buy It Now 9h 37m
BLUEGRASS INSTRUMENTAL sparks MARTIN stanley br NU TAPE US $3.88 [0 bids]
cd-single, Jordin Sparks - Battlefield, 2 Tracks US $3.57 Buy It Now 10h 24m
Beachwood Sparks - Once We Were Trees (NEW CD) US $14.98 Buy It Now 10h 37m
Sparks - Imogen Heap New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $20.25 Buy It Now 10h 41m
Jordin Sparks Japan CD w/obi american idol BVCP-21591 US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 45m
Original Pressing 1979 Graham Parker "Squeezing Out Sparks" Vinyl LP *Arista* US $12.99 Buy It Now 10h 56m
Imogen Heap - Sparks (NEW 12" VINYL) US $29.18 Buy It Now 11h 22m
T.A.P. Mixtape CD Hard Drive Paper & Plastic 7-Trk EP Maylay Sparks Promoe RARE US $14.99 Buy It Now 11h 23m
Imogen Heap - Sparks (NEW CD) US $19.04 Buy It Now 11h 25m
Imogen Heap - Sparks - Deluxe Edition (NEW CD) US $22.28 Buy It Now 11h 26m
RARE KERRANG PLAYING CARD - Donita Sparks (L7) US $6.41 Buy It Now 11h 26m
Graham Parker "And The Rumour "Squeezing Out Sparks" LP US $3.47 Buy It Now 11h 47m
GLEAMING SPIRES sealed Songs of the Spires LP/Posh Boy/SPARKS US $19.98 [0 bids]
SPARKS "YOUNG GIRLS" / "WHEN I'M WITH YOU" RARE LTD ED 2 x 7" SET, STILL SEALED! US $12.96 [0 bids]
SPARKS - Kimono My House ~ VINYL LP PINK RIM US $17.01 Buy It Now 12h 12m
Sparks - Two Hands One Mouth Live In Europe - LBRCD115 US $20.16 Buy It Now 12h 33m
SPARKS - HELLO YOUNG LOVERS [SPARKS] - NEW CD US $11.50 Buy It Now 12h 56m
Sparks - Propaganda NEW CD US $7.96 Buy It Now 13h 8m
Sparks - Dick Around / Waterproof - UK 4 Track Enhanced CD Single g US $3.16 Buy It Now 13h 23m
Sparks - Hello Young Lovers [CD New] US $14.48 Buy It Now 13h 24m
SAD AMONG STRANGERS Sparks fly upwards UK ps '80 US $7.99 Buy It Now 13h 29m
Sparks Fly Miranda Cosgrove CD New still sealed US $6.49 Buy It Now 13h 31m
Profile: The Ultimate Sparks Collection, Disk 2 Keep Right (CD) FACTORY SEALED US $25.95 Buy It Now 13h 36m
Sparks - Propaganda NEW CD US $10.16 Buy It Now 13h 43m
Sparks Self-Titled Cassette EX Christian US $4.99 Buy It Now 13h 53m
Sparks - 6 Song Sampler from "BALLS" US $24.33 [0 bids]
Sparks "The number one song in heaven "vinyl 45 record US $1.61 [1 bids]
Sparks - Best Of Sparks [CD New] US $12.41 Buy It Now 14h 38m
Sparks - Music That You Can Dance To [CD New] US $9.87 Buy It Now 14h 38m
Sparks - Terminal Jive [CD New] US $15.22 Buy It Now 14h 38m
? GREG & REBECCA SPARKS Live Life CD 01 RARE Bash N The Code TAIWAN MISSION US $2.99 [0 bids]
SPARKS. the.A CUDDLE AND A KISS. ( ROCKABILLY )ORIGINAL U.S PROMO . MINT- 45 US $89.00 Buy It Now 14h 58m
Jordin Sparks by Jordin Sparks (CD, Nov-2007, 19/Jive Recordings) US $3.00 [0 bids]
SPARKS: Indiscreet LP (gatefold cover, cut corner) Rock & Pop US $25.00 Buy It Now 15h 29m
Silver Reflection - Larry Sparks New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $21.88 Buy It Now 15h 45m
GRAHAM PARKER - SQUEEZING OUT SPARKS VINYL US $4.99 Buy It Now 15h 56m
SPARKS So Important 12" Maxi-Single Record 1988 SEALED US $22.50 Buy It Now 16h
Sparks / Music That you Can Dance To - Cassette (1986) US $10.37 Buy It Now 16h 6m
Almost Home - Sparks,Larry US $11.75 Buy It Now 16h 14m
Graham Parker & The Rumour Squeezing Out Sparks USA Cassette Tape US $4.99 Buy It Now 16h 20m
Sparks "Introducing" 1977 Rock LP, VG+, Promo White Labels, Vinyl US $19.95 Buy It Now 16h 25m
ROLLING STONES OUT OF TEARS Japan CD sealed Single VJCP-15004 SPARKS WILL FLY US $44.99 Buy It Now 16h 51m
After Midnight Grooves Levy, Denson, Sparks US $0.99 Buy It Now 17h 20m
SPARKS - Propaganda ~ VINYL LP PINK RIM US $25.93 [0 bids]
SPARKS - IN OUTER SPACE [REMASTER] - NEW CD US $7.95 Buy It Now 17h 41m
Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly - SEALED U.S. cd - RARE! Digipak 081914 US $7.95 Buy It Now 17h 47m
HEAR Delroys 45 Bermuda Shorts/Time APOLLO 514 doo wop vocal R&B Milton Sparks US $3.00 [0 bids]
THOMPSON / PARCE / SPARKS / CHORAL ARTS - LIGHT OF STARS NEW CD US $23.07 Buy It Now 17h 55m
Sparks- Gratuitous Sax & Senseless Violins- Cassette-SEALED US $7.99 Buy It Now 18h 36m
SPARKS - Gratuitous Sax & Senseless Violins (Import) US $20.00 Buy It Now 18h 53m
Battlefield by Jordin Sparks (CD, Jul-2009, Jive (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Jordin Sparks by Jordin Sparks (CD, Nov-2007, 19/Jive Recordings) US $1.49 [0 bids]
Larry Sparks +Ct.Ramblers (bluegrass) 45 SMOKY MT. MEMORIES / LONESOME BLUES~VG+ US $4.65 Buy It Now 19h 52m
CD: SPARKS - Charged Particles US $3.50 Buy It Now 20h 2m
Clinton Sparks and Busta Rhymes : New Crack City CD (2006) US $8.54 Buy It Now 20h 30m
MUSIC THAT YOU CAN DANCE TO~SPARKS~SYNTH POP~SAINT CLASSIC~12" US $3.99 [0 bids]
Sparks : Balls CD (2000) US $8.18 Buy It Now 21h 30m
sparks interior design lp US $9.99 [0 bids]
BEACHWOOD SPARKS Desert Skies VINYL LP RECORD Brand New! US $17.98 Buy It Now 22h 32m
GRAHAM PARKER LP "Squeezing Out Sparks" 1979 US $7.46 Buy It Now 23h 14m
GRAHAM PARKER *QUEEZING OUT SPARKS* 2001 CD ALBUM EXCELLENT CONDITION US $17.60 Buy It Now 23h 16m
SPARKS KIMONO MY HOUSE (1974) JAPAN CD PHCR-6717 US $22.99 Buy It Now 23h 58m
Jordin sparks US $7.00 [0 bids]
Battlefield by Jordin Sparks (CD, Jul-2009, Jive (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Al Sparks [8-Track] I Heard It At The Barber Shop *Girlie Cover* (Comedy) *1972* US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPARKS 7" VINYL NEVER TURN YOUR BACK ON MOTHER EARTH ISLAND WIP 6211 US $5.27 Buy It Now 1 day
From Where I Stand, Nate Sparks, Good Import US $21.60 Buy It Now 1 day
Uncut New Music for 2006 Sparks Buzzcocks Belle & Sebastian Mew + CD US $4.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Les Rita Mitsouko & Sparks Singing In DJ 12" US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPARKS JUST GOT BACK FROM HEAVEN ULTRA RARE CASSETTE TAPE! US $25.73 Buy It Now 1 day
SPARKS " AMATEUR HOUR / LOST AND FOUND WIP6203 7" VINYL RECORD VG 30 US $3.23 Buy It Now 1 day
TAYLOR SWIFT cd SPEAK NOW mine BACK TO DECEMBER mean OURS sparks fly US $8.99 [0 bids]
Jordin Sparks - Battlefield (2009) US $24.31 Buy It Now 1 day
-Flying Sparks And Heavy Machin CD NEW US $16.19 Buy It Now 1 day
SPARKS, THIS TOWN AIN'T BIG ENOUGH FOR BOTH OF US / 7'' 45 MADE IN YUGOSLAVIA US $25.50 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy SPARKS music online Buy SPARKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPARKS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPARKS Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat ratings distribution

SPARKS Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat reviews

Review by tarkus1980
1 stars While In Outer Space wasn't my ideal kind of music, it nonetheless exuded competence and class, and I feel like I could play good chunks of that album in the presence of others without feeling sheepish. This album, alas, retains almost none of the good from In Outer Space and magnifies much of the bad (potential or realized) from that album, and the result is a disaster. This album is an excruciating listen in the same way that so many other 80s synth pop albums are excruciating, mostly due to the keyboards (too loud and glossy, and the "dramatic" moments are ridiculous) and production (way too shiny), but also due to songs that sound like they could have come from just about anybody at the time. Also, the lyrics have very little wit in them, whether in their central topics or in the small details, and Russell doesn't do much to try and bring some life to them.

I kinda sorta like three songs, though in each case I badly wish to hear them in different contexts. The opening title track, once I cut through the BIG DRAMATIC keyboard chords (which open the song and are featured in an extended instrumental break), manages to have some genuine tension built up in its minimal verse melody, with a clear release in the "All I hear is polite applause/APPLAUSE APPLAUSE APPLAUSE APPLAUSE APPLAUSE" part of the chorus. The Plagiarism version, which swaps out the 80s production for strings, is much better, but this is ok enough. "With All My Might" is a weirdly earnest ballad (despite lyrics that repeatedly reference fighting dragons), but the keyboards are relatively unobstrusive, and the vocal melody is rather lovely, so it's a keeper as well. And finally, "Sisters" appears to be about a threesome with two sisters and the possible complications of such an excursion, with a chorus that has just enough in the way of twists to make it clearly stand out from the bulk of the album. Also, it briefly features Russell taking on the voice of the sisters in his falsetto, and the moment is worth a smirk.

Oh, but the rest. There's some enjoyment to be found in the blatant Prince ripoffs that are "Pretending to be Drunk," "Progress" and "Everybody Move," but in every case I'd rather listen the Purple One himself, so that resemblance doesn't work in their favor. "Love Scenes," "A Song That Sings Itself" and "Kiss Me Quick" are mid-tempo synth-heavy ballads that I'd never let myself be caught dead listening to if they came from anybody else, and I'll be happy to never hear them again. And finally, the two-part instrumental "Sparks in the Dark" (part one precedes "Everybody Move," while part two closes the album) is a go-nowhere waste of time, a dumping ground of disconnected synth riffs loosely formed into something coherent over a monotonous beat.

I originally planned to give this a slightly higher grade, but as I thought more about the contents of the album, I came to realize that I liked the "good" parts less than I thought I did and hated the bad parts more than I thought I did. Perhaps a Sparks diehard or somebody with a strong tolerance for the kind of production approach used on this album will be able to enjoy this, but as somebody who's neither, this album is death.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#1154198) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Post a review of SPARKS "Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat"