PULLING RABBITS OUT OF A HAT

Sparks

Sparks Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat album cover

Buy SPARKS Music
Studio Album, released in 1984

1. Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat (4:07)
2. Love Scenes (9:07)
3. Pretending To Be Drunk (3:38)
4. Progress (4:43)
5. With All My Might (3:39)
6. Sparks In The Dark Pt. 1 (0:28)
7. Everybody Move (2:58)
8. A Song That Sings Itself (4:23)
9. Sisters (3:53)
10. Kiss Me Quick (4:07)
11. Sparks In The Dark Pt. 2 (2:58)

Search SPARKS Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat lyrics

Search SPARKS Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat tabs

- Russell Mael / vocals
- Ron Mael / keyboards

Thanks to matte for the addition
and to Rune2000 for the last updates

SPARKS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPARKS Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat Music

Pulling Rabbits Out of a HatPulling Rabbits Out of a Hat
Remastered
Oglio Records 1998
Audio CD$4.96 (used)
Sparks- Pulling Rabbits Out of a Hat- new/sealed cassette tape USD $5.50 Buy It Now 1 day
SPARKS Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat LP Record Album w/original shrink Cutout USD $2.99 [0 bids]
Sparks - Pulling Rabbits Out of a Hat SEALED MINT Atlantic 7 80160-1 Vinyl USD $9.99 [0 bids]
SPARKS "PULLING RABBITS OUT OF A HAT", LP, CANADA, RARE! USD $16.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Sparks Pulling Rabbits Out of a Hat (CD, Oct-1998, Oglio Records) USD $15.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Sparks - Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat - Atlantic Records 80160-1 - Vinyl VG+ USD $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
SPARKS - PULLING RABBITS OUT OF A HAT - NEW CD USD $13.24 Buy It Now 7 days
? Sparks - Pulling Rabbits Out of a Hat (timing strip) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Sparks Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat Cassette Tape New Sealed glam rock USD $7.95 Buy It Now 10 days
Pulling Rabbits Out of a Hat: Expanded - Sparks New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free USD $24.60 Buy It Now 11 days
Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat: Expanded - Sparks (2013, CD New) USD $17.86 Buy It Now 13 days
SPARKS - PULLING RABBITS OUT OF A HAT-CD USD $6.99 Buy It Now 14 days
SPARKS Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat ATLANTIC 80160-1 STEREO PROMO NM/NM- USD $14.99 Buy It Now 14 days
SPARKS PULLING RABBITS OUT OF A HAT ATLANTIC LP RECORD VG+ USD $11.20 Buy It Now 14 days
Pulling Rabbits Out of a Hat by Sparks (CD, Oct-1998, Oglio Records) USD $21.55 Buy It Now 14 days
SPARKS Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat RARE SEALED Glam PoP NEW WAVE Post Punk USD $18.00 Buy It Now 14 days
SPARKS PULLING RABBITS OUT OF A HAT RECORD ALBUM EX+ USD $3.50 Buy It Now 14 days
Sparks promo LP Pulling Rabbits Out of a Hat USD $8.49 Buy It Now 17 days
Sparks - Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat (Digipak) - REP5287 USD $16.03 Buy It Now 19 days
SPARKS Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat SEALED 1981 LP Atlantic SYNTH POP USD $14.95 Buy It Now 20 days
Sparks - Pulling Rabbits Out of A Hat LP SEALED ORIG USD $21.99 Buy It Now 21 days
SPARKS, Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat LP USD $12.00 Buy It Now 24 days
Sparks - Pulling Rabbits Out of a Hat - Sealed Cassette USD $24.50 Buy It Now 24 days
Sparks - Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat: Expanded [CD New] USD $16.25 Buy It Now 24 days
Sparks - Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat: Expanded CD USD $21.49 Buy It Now 25 days
1984 SPARKS PULLING RABBITS OUT OF A HAT MUSIC VINYL RECORD ELECT ROCK 1ST PRESS USD $39.99 Buy It Now 26 days
SPARKS: Pulling Rabbit Out Of A Hat LP ATLANTIC RECORDS 7801601 US 1984 NM USD $14.39 Buy It Now 26 days
SPARKS - PULLING RABBITS OUT OF A HAT (DIGIPAK) NEW CD USD $22.17 Buy It Now 26 days
SPARKS - Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat (Vinyl LP) - 1984 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 27 days
SPARKS Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat Orig 1984 LP in Shrink NM w/Lyric Sleeve USD $7.99 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy SPARKS music online Buy SPARKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPARKS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPARKS Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat ratings distribution

SPARKS Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat reviews

Review by tarkus1980
1 stars While In Outer Space wasn't my ideal kind of music, it nonetheless exuded competence and class, and I feel like I could play good chunks of that album in the presence of others without feeling sheepish. This album, alas, retains almost none of the good from In Outer Space and magnifies much of the bad (potential or realized) from that album, and the result is a disaster. This album is an excruciating listen in the same way that so many other 80s synth pop albums are excruciating, mostly due to the keyboards (too loud and glossy, and the "dramatic" moments are ridiculous) and production (way too shiny), but also due to songs that sound like they could have come from just about anybody at the time. Also, the lyrics have very little wit in them, whether in their central topics or in the small details, and Russell doesn't do much to try and bring some life to them.

I kinda sorta like three songs, though in each case I badly wish to hear them in different contexts. The opening title track, once I cut through the BIG DRAMATIC keyboard chords (which open the song and are featured in an extended instrumental break), manages to have some genuine tension built up in its minimal verse melody, with a clear release in the "All I hear is polite applause/APPLAUSE APPLAUSE APPLAUSE APPLAUSE APPLAUSE" part of the chorus. The Plagiarism version, which swaps out the 80s production for strings, is much better, but this is ok enough. "With All My Might" is a weirdly earnest ballad (despite lyrics that repeatedly reference fighting dragons), but the keyboards are relatively unobstrusive, and the vocal melody is rather lovely, so it's a keeper as well. And finally, "Sisters" appears to be about a threesome with two sisters and the possible complications of such an excursion, with a chorus that has just enough in the way of twists to make it clearly stand out from the bulk of the album. Also, it briefly features Russell taking on the voice of the sisters in his falsetto, and the moment is worth a smirk.

Oh, but the rest. There's some enjoyment to be found in the blatant Prince ripoffs that are "Pretending to be Drunk," "Progress" and "Everybody Move," but in every case I'd rather listen the Purple One himself, so that resemblance doesn't work in their favor. "Love Scenes," "A Song That Sings Itself" and "Kiss Me Quick" are mid-tempo synth-heavy ballads that I'd never let myself be caught dead listening to if they came from anybody else, and I'll be happy to never hear them again. And finally, the two-part instrumental "Sparks in the Dark" (part one precedes "Everybody Move," while part two closes the album) is a go-nowhere waste of time, a dumping ground of disconnected synth riffs loosely formed into something coherent over a monotonous beat.

I originally planned to give this a slightly higher grade, but as I thought more about the contents of the album, I came to realize that I liked the "good" parts less than I thought I did and hated the bad parts more than I thought I did. Perhaps a Sparks diehard or somebody with a strong tolerance for the kind of production approach used on this album will be able to enjoy this, but as somebody who's neither, this album is death.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#1154198) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Post a review of SPARKS "Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat"