PULLING RABBITS OUT OF A HAT

Sparks

Sparks Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat album cover

Buy SPARKS Music
Studio Album, released in 1984

1. Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat (4:07)
2. Love Scenes (9:07)
3. Pretending To Be Drunk (3:38)
4. Progress (4:43)
5. With All My Might (3:39)
6. Sparks In The Dark Pt. 1 (0:28)
7. Everybody Move (2:58)
8. A Song That Sings Itself (4:23)
9. Sisters (3:53)
10. Kiss Me Quick (4:07)
11. Sparks In The Dark Pt. 2 (2:58)

Search SPARKS Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat lyrics

Search SPARKS Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat tabs

- Russell Mael / vocals
- Ron Mael / keyboards

Thanks to matte for the addition
and to Rune2000 for the last updates

SPARKS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPARKS Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat Music

Repertoire 1999
#1 in Heaven#1 in Heaven
Repertoire 1999
SPARKS, Trevor - Falling (Solomon Riddim) - 7" US $7.29 Buy It Now 35m 7s
SPARKS- SOMETHING FOR THE GIRL WITH EVERYTHING VINYL 7" 45RPM p US $1.64 Buy It Now 46m 30s
Clinton Sparks & Kanye West - Touch the Sky (CD) US $2.81 Buy It Now 49m 2s
SPARKS "TRYOUTS FOR THE HUMAN RACE" RARE 1979 USA PROMO 7" (MONO US $9.95 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Sparks - Sparks SCARCE US VINYL LP US $49.81 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Jordin Sparks- Battlefield CD US $13.27 Buy It Now 1h 39m
SPARKS - INTRODUCING SPARKS - NEW CD US $12.78 Buy It Now 1h 56m
SPARKS - JUST GOT BACK FROM HEAVEN (RARE EUROPEAN 10 TRACK CD ALBUM) US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 11m
JAPAN MINI LP CD NEW SEALED HALFNELSON SPARKS TODD RUNDGREN US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 32m
BEACHWOOD SPARKS Tarnished Gold US 45rpm vinyl 2LP + download SEALED/NEW US $31.54 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Eda Maxym - Circle Of Sparks [CD New] US $10.39 Buy It Now 2h 59m
SPARKS-This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both Of Us UK 7" EX Cond US $9.95 Buy It Now 3h
GORDON HASKELL shadows on the wall CD 12 track (tdbcd068) uk flying s US $15.41 Buy It Now 3h 42m
SPARKS ANDRA - PEOPLE WE ONCE KNEW - VERGE002CD US $21.74 Buy It Now 3h 59m
SPARKS LARRY - THE BEST OF LARRY SPARKS - REBCD7522 US $14.55 Buy It Now 4h 2m
Sparks Your No 1 Song In Heaven 12" Vinyl Single US $12.46 Buy It Now 4h 17m
THE RAVENS - MY BABY'S GONE b/w SPARKS OF RHYTHM - HANDY MAN - POPCORN SHUFFLERS US $11.61 Buy It Now 4h 32m
GRAHAM PARKER SQUEEZING OUT SPARKS white label promo JAPAN US $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 39m
Sparks Gratuitous Sax & Senseless Violins CD Synthpop 1995 US $3.99 [0 bids]
Sparks - Kimono My House - 1974 Island Records ILPS 9272 Vinyl US $33.22 Buy It Now 5h 22m
SPARKS 'LOOKS, LOOKS. LOOKS' UK 7" SINGLE US $3.30 Buy It Now 5h 24m
MAYLAY SPARKS - FLASKWORTHY [PA] * - NEW CD US $13.13 Buy It Now 5h 25m
TIGERBOMBS '1000 SPARKS' EU PICTURE SLEEVE 7" SINGLE US $16.59 Buy It Now 5h 35m
SPARKS when i kiss you CD 5 track radio edit b/w red jerry remix, when i dub you US $8.29 Buy It Now 5h 53m
MINNY POPS - SPARKS IN A DARK ROOM NEW CD US $26.60 Buy It Now 5h 53m
SPARKS,LARRY-Let Him Lead You CD NEW US $11.64 Buy It Now 5h 53m
SPARKS,LARRY-John Deere Tractor CD NEW US $16.19 Buy It Now 5h 53m
Sparks - A woofer in tweeters clothing UK VINYL LP US $38.18 Buy It Now 5h 54m
Sparks(7" Vinyl)Amateur Hour-Island-WIP 6203-UK-Ex/Ex US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 28m
TEEN ROCK & ROLL 45RPM RECORD - THE SPARKS - DECCA 30974 - PROMO US $40.00 Buy It Now 6h 47m
STEVE APPLETON SPARKS JAPAN DJ CD B-783 US $0.99 Buy It Now 7h 16m
Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly by Miranda Cosgrove (CD, Apr-2010, Columbia (USA) US $2.99 [0 bids]
BEACHWOOD SPARKS Desert Skies LP NEW COLOR VINYL LIMITED INDIE COUNTRY ALIVE US $21.99 Buy It Now 7h 25m
DENNIS SPARKS-Holiday Horn-CHRISTMAS/Sax-STONEVILLE NC US $10.29 Buy It Now 7h 37m
LARRY SPARKS, CD "RAMBLIN' BLUEGRASS" NEW SEALED US $6.99 Buy It Now 7h 41m
SPARKS, NO 1 IN HEAVEN, RARE 1979 VINYL ALBUM EXCELLENT+ COVER, NEAR MINT VINYL US $16.59 [0 bids]
Melvin Sparks - What You Hear Is What You Get [CD New] US $15.73 Buy It Now 7h 56m
7"-Single THE JOOK - Jook's On You (1973) UK MINT- / Ex-JOHN'S CHILDREN / SPARKS US $129.99 Buy It Now 8h
SPARKS 'Beat The Clock'/Beat The Clock (Long Version) 1979 BLUE VINYL 12" SINGLE US $4.14 [0 bids]
EDA MAXYM - CIRCLE OF SPARKS NEW CD US $15.87 Buy It Now 8h 31m
GREEN MOON SPARKS - REBEL WITH A CURSE - DBRCD20044 US $25.69 Buy It Now 8h 34m
SPARKS HOOLIGANS BLUE CAPS LOUD JETS SPITFIRES ROCK'N'ROLL RARE S AMERICA LP US $46.00 Buy It Now 8h 49m
Phyllis Taylor Sparks & The Dream Machine - I Remember You [CD New] US $11.30 Buy It Now 8h 50m
Sparks - Introducing Sparks [CD New] US $15.76 Buy It Now 8h 50m
Jamie Sparks - Fun Tonight [CD New] US $10.98 Buy It Now 8h 50m
AGENT SPARKS - Red Rover - RARE 11 Track CD Advance US $4.54 Buy It Now 8h 53m
Ramblin Bluegreass - Larry Sparks and The Lonesome Ramblers US $2.99 [1 bids]
Great album from 2006 - Sparks - Hello Young Lovers US $1.64 [2 bids]
SPARKS (GIORGIO MORODER) terminal jive 1980- FIRST UK PRESS -VIRGIN -EX+ US $16.59 [1 bids]
SPARKS-BEAT THE CLOCK-1979 UK 1ST PRESS!! RARE GREEN VINYL!!! US $4.97 [1 bids]
SPARKS - Amateur Hour - Excellent Condition 7" Single US $6.63 Buy It Now 9h 39m
Sparks Amateur Hour 7" Single 2U 1U Pressing - VVG US $0.83 [0 bids]
CARNIVAL ART - BLUE FOOD & BLACK SPARKS 12" VINYL SIT79T US $11.61 Buy It Now 9h 51m
JORDIN SPARKS & CHRIS BROWN No Air 2007 USA PROMO Radio DJ CD Single MINT US $24.99 Buy It Now 9h 56m
Remy Zero DEAD SNARES City Sparks w/ RARE RADIO EDIT 2010 PROMO DJ CD single US $24.99 Buy It Now 10h
Graham Parker & The Rumour - Squeezing Out Sparks LP (German Pressing / Vertigo) US $10.00 [0 bids]
SPARKS-Beat The Clock-7" Vinyl Single 45rpm Record-Virgin-VS 270-1979 US $2.31 [0 bids]
SPARKS - MUSIC THAT YOU CAN DANCE TO NEW CD US $21.61 Buy It Now 10h 50m
SALAAM REMI-ONE:IN THE CHAMBER-RARE 2013 PROMO CD-NE YO-JORDIN SPARKS-AKON-LEMAR US $4.99 Buy It Now 11h 10m
Randy Sparks 45 My One and Only Love/I Can't Help It Columbia Promo 443289 Teen US $10.00 Buy It Now 11h 10m
Randy Sparks 45 Julie Knows/At the End of the Rainbow Columbia Promo 443138 Teen US $8.00 Buy It Now 11h 12m
US ATLANTIC 7" Promo copy SPARKS- PRETENDING TO BE DRUNK US $3.30 [0 bids]
SPARKS - Tryouts For The Human Race 1979 UK limited edition 2-track PICTURE DISC US $41.50 Buy It Now 11h 33m
Sparks - Number one in heaven RARE UK YELLOW VINYL LP US $49.81 Buy It Now 11h 42m
SPARKS - WHEN DO I GET TO SING MY WAY 12" VINYL WAY2 US $10.78 Buy It Now 11h 43m
Sparks - Whomp that sucker RARE UK VINYL LP US $49.81 Buy It Now 11h 47m
SPARKS, ANGST IN MY PANTS /GIORGIO MORODER/ LP 1982 GERMANY EX/EX INNER/SL US $31.54 Buy It Now 11h 48m
SPARKS, TERMINAL JIVE /GIORGIO MORODER/ LP 1980 UK VG+/VG+, INNER/SL US $23.23 Buy It Now 11h 48m
Further "Filling Station" 7" OOP Beachwood Sparks vinyl US $19.99 Buy It Now 11h 51m
Minny Pops - Sparks In A Dark Room [CD New] US $21.91 Buy It Now 11h 55m
40 by Larry Sparks CD 2005 Rebel forty US $11.00 Buy It Now 12h 43m
Richard Merwin - Sparks Of July [CD New] US $16.98 Buy It Now 12h 54m
GREG & REBECCA SPARKS - Field of Your Soul (CD 1993) Bash N The Code - Etcetera US $5.99 Buy It Now 12h 59m
? Gleaming Spires - Welcoming a New Ice Age (Tabb Records TGS-2) ('85) ex-Sparks US $14.99 Buy It Now 13h 3m
Sparks 1975 US Indiscreet Tour Programme Concert Program RARE Ron Russell Mael US $49.81 Buy It Now 13h 11m
Lazarus Beach [Digipak] - Through The Sparks (CD 2007) US $8.98 Buy It Now 13h 16m
SINGING SAM & SPARKS: Daybreak 45 rare Funk US $60.00 Buy It Now 14h
(CH797) Make Sparks, Your Hearts On Fire - DJ CD US $4.97 Buy It Now 14h 15m
Sparks Interior Design Rhino 70041 Still Sealed US $19.99 Buy It Now 14h 18m
Sparks So Important Rhino 70410 Still Sealed US $10.00 Buy It Now 14h 23m
Squeezing Out Sparks [Squeezing out Sparks + Live Sparks] by Graham Parker... US $3.34 Buy It Now 14h 31m
MELVIN SPARKS Akilah LP NEW VINYL Ace Soul Funk US $21.99 Buy It Now 14h 41m
(EF272) Jordin Sparks, Don't Let It Go To Your Head - 2009 DJ CD US $3.30 Buy It Now 14h 42m
Melvin Sparks I'm A Gittar Player Guitar Cannonball Records Soul Jazz Cd US $7.99 Buy It Now 14h 46m
SPARKS No. 1 In Heaven CD Japan SHM Bonus Tracks Promo MINT 2009 Limited RARE US $19.99 Buy It Now 15h 26m
LOT OF 2 CLINTON SPARKS MIX CD KANYE WEST TOUCH THE SKY & BUSTA RHYMES NEW US $7.99 [0 bids]
Beachwood Sparks - Tarnished Gold [Vinyl New] US $19.98 Buy It Now 16h 50m
Peppino D'agostino Sparks Shanachie 96004 Mint- Cover and vinyl in shrink US $12.00 Buy It Now 17h 2m
PATTON SPARKS - LOADED & LOUD NEW CD US $14.70 Buy It Now 17h 10m
TOM SPARKS & MOUNTAINHEATH - 45 RARE SEATLLE ROCK US $12.99 Buy It Now 17h 19m
(DX151) Sparks, Iron City - 2009 CD US $10.13 Buy It Now 17h 21m
Sparks Fly by Miranda Cosgrove (CD, Jan-2000, Columbia (USA)) US $3.75 [0 bids]
Jordin Sparks,Artist - Jordin Sparks, in Good condition CD US $2.89 Buy It Now 19h 2m
TIGERBOMBS - 1OOO SPARKS b/w HEART GRENADES - RF - PIC.SLV + 45 - EU PRESSING US $12.95 Buy It Now 19h 33m
Sixteen Deluxe - Emits Showers of Sparks CD NM gold stamp promo US $5.00 Buy It Now 19h 41m
Sparks-When I Kiss You I Hear Charlie Parker-LP NM- US $5.95 Buy It Now 19h 55m
THE SPARKS (MAEL BROTHERS) AMATEUR HOUR ( DUTCH ISLAND 13488 AT) 7"PS 1974 US $7.99 Buy It Now 20h 15m
LARRY SPARKS "Lonesome Guitar" RARE TEST PRESSINGS Rebel 1633 US $55.23 Buy It Now 21h 29m
LARRY SPARKS "Lonesome Guitar" RARE TEST PRESSINGS Rebel 1633.1 US $55.23 Buy It Now 21h 32m
SPARKS Mael Intuition The Best Of Sparks 1974-76 CD BRAND NEW US $16.82 Buy It Now 22h 36m

More places to buy SPARKS music online Buy SPARKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPARKS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPARKS Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat ratings distribution

SPARKS Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat reviews

Review by tarkus1980
1 stars While In Outer Space wasn't my ideal kind of music, it nonetheless exuded competence and class, and I feel like I could play good chunks of that album in the presence of others without feeling sheepish. This album, alas, retains almost none of the good from In Outer Space and magnifies much of the bad (potential or realized) from that album, and the result is a disaster. This album is an excruciating listen in the same way that so many other 80s synth pop albums are excruciating, mostly due to the keyboards (too loud and glossy, and the "dramatic" moments are ridiculous) and production (way too shiny), but also due to songs that sound like they could have come from just about anybody at the time. Also, the lyrics have very little wit in them, whether in their central topics or in the small details, and Russell doesn't do much to try and bring some life to them.

I kinda sorta like three songs, though in each case I badly wish to hear them in different contexts. The opening title track, once I cut through the BIG DRAMATIC keyboard chords (which open the song and are featured in an extended instrumental break), manages to have some genuine tension built up in its minimal verse melody, with a clear release in the "All I hear is polite applause/APPLAUSE APPLAUSE APPLAUSE APPLAUSE APPLAUSE" part of the chorus. The Plagiarism version, which swaps out the 80s production for strings, is much better, but this is ok enough. "With All My Might" is a weirdly earnest ballad (despite lyrics that repeatedly reference fighting dragons), but the keyboards are relatively unobstrusive, and the vocal melody is rather lovely, so it's a keeper as well. And finally, "Sisters" appears to be about a threesome with two sisters and the possible complications of such an excursion, with a chorus that has just enough in the way of twists to make it clearly stand out from the bulk of the album. Also, it briefly features Russell taking on the voice of the sisters in his falsetto, and the moment is worth a smirk.

Oh, but the rest. There's some enjoyment to be found in the blatant Prince ripoffs that are "Pretending to be Drunk," "Progress" and "Everybody Move," but in every case I'd rather listen the Purple One himself, so that resemblance doesn't work in their favor. "Love Scenes," "A Song That Sings Itself" and "Kiss Me Quick" are mid-tempo synth-heavy ballads that I'd never let myself be caught dead listening to if they came from anybody else, and I'll be happy to never hear them again. And finally, the two-part instrumental "Sparks in the Dark" (part one precedes "Everybody Move," while part two closes the album) is a go-nowhere waste of time, a dumping ground of disconnected synth riffs loosely formed into something coherent over a monotonous beat.

I originally planned to give this a slightly higher grade, but as I thought more about the contents of the album, I came to realize that I liked the "good" parts less than I thought I did and hated the bad parts more than I thought I did. Perhaps a Sparks diehard or somebody with a strong tolerance for the kind of production approach used on this album will be able to enjoy this, but as somebody who's neither, this album is death.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#1154198) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Post a review of SPARKS "Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat"