WELCOME TO MY DNA

Search BLACKFIELD Welcome To My DNA lyrics

Search BLACKFIELD Welcome To My DNA tabs

- Steven Wilson / guitar, vocals
- Aviv Geffen / guitar, vocals

Title is available also on vinyl. The vinyl editon is pressed on heavyweight (180 gms) vinyl in a gatefold sleeve and will be limited to 2000 numbered copies

Thanks to Lister for the addition
and to Conor Fynes for the last updates

BLACKFIELD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BLACKFIELD Welcome To My DNA Music

Snapper Import 2011
Vinyl$35.19
BlackfieldBlackfield
101 DISTRIBUTION 2009
Blackfield - Blackfield I [Japan LTD Mini LP CD] IECP-10267Blackfield - Blackfield I [Japan LTD Mini LP CD] IECP-10267
Victor Japan
Blackfield 4 IV NEW 2013 LP Vinyl SEALED FREE SHIPPING Porcupine Wilson Geffen US $39.85 Buy It Now 46m 20s
Porcupine Tree Blackfield - Sense Of Insanity - EU 1Track PR0M0 CD US $4.00 [0 bids]
CD: Blackfield - IV - Sealed US $21.89 Buy It Now 1 day
BLACKFIELD - BLACKFIELD II - NEW CD US $12.25 Buy It Now 1 day
BLACKFIELD 1ST SINGLE Hello ISRAELI ISRAEL PROMO PORCUPINE TREE AVIV GEFFEN US $46.75 Buy It Now 2 days
RARE German 8-Track PROMO CD - STEVEN WILSON (Porcupine Tree/Blackfield/No-Man) US $24.88 [0 bids]
Iv - Blackfield New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $21.44 Buy It Now 2 days
BLACKFIELD-Ltd Edition Welcome To My Dna VINYL LP NEW US $25.05 Buy It Now 2 days
BLACKFIELD IV LIMITED 2x CD NEW & SEALED US $23.22 Buy It Now 2 days
Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree) & Aviv Geffen Blackfield Israel Israeli Promo CD US $38.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BLACKFIELD - BLACKFIELD2 - KSCOPE126M US $14.69 Buy It Now 3 days
Out There The Future of Prog Rock Asia Nektar Anathema Cave In IQ Blackfield US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BLACKFIELD**IV**CD US $13.50 Buy It Now 3 days
PORCUPINE TREE - UP THE DOWNSTAIR - SEALED VINYL 2 LP blackfield opeth US $39.99 Buy It Now 3 days
IV by Blackfield (CD, 2013, Kscope) US $10.38 Buy It Now 3 days
BLACKFIELD PORCUPINE TREE AVIV GEFFEN hello ISRAEL ONLY ISRAELI PROMO PRESS KIT US $70.00 Buy It Now 3 days
BLACKFIELD S/T ISRAEL ISRAELI PROMO CD PORCUPINE TREE, AVIV GEFFEN US $70.00 Buy It Now 3 days
BLACKFIELD cloudy now ISRAEL ISRAELI PROMO CD PORCUPINE TREE, AVIV GEFFEN US $70.00 Buy It Now 3 days
BLACKFIELD-BLACKFIELD-JAPAN MINI LP CD E75 US $26.50 Buy It Now 4 days
BLACKFIELD-WELCOME TO MY DNA-JAPAN MINI LP CD E75 US $26.50 Buy It Now 4 days
BLACKFIELD-BLACKFIELD IV-JAPAN CD+DVD J50 US $45.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BLACKFIELD-BLACKFIELD 2-JAPAN MINI LP CD E75 US $26.50 Buy It Now 4 days
BLACKFIELD - IV NEW VINYL US $37.02 Buy It Now 4 days
BLACKFIELD - WELCOME TO MY DNA NEW CD US $21.89 Buy It Now 4 days
BLACKFIELD - WELCOME TO MY DNA (LTD) NEW VINYL US $37.02 Buy It Now 4 days
Blackfield - Nyc-Live In New York City [CD New] US $14.70 Buy It Now 4 days
Blackfield JAPAN 4 titles Mini LP CD SS + PROMO IV BOX SET Steven Wilson US $174.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Iv - Blackfield US $12.49 Buy It Now 4 days
BLACKFIELD - NYC: LIVE IN NEW YORK CITY (+DVD) NEW CD US $24.18 Buy It Now 4 days
Blackfield - Blackfield2 NEW CD US $14.38 Buy It Now 4 days
Blackfield - Welcome To My Dna [CD New] US $12.50 Buy It Now 5 days
Blackfield - Nyc-Live In New York City CD US $19.40 Buy It Now 5 days
Blackfield - Iv CD US $17.82 Buy It Now 5 days
BLACKFIELD CLOUDY NOW ISRAELI PROMO CD STEVE WILSON AVIV GEFFEN PORCUPINE TREE US $65.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Blackfield - Welcome To My Dna [Vinyl New] US $23.66 Buy It Now 5 days
BLACKFIELD - WELCOME TO MY DNA - NEW CD US $13.76 Buy It Now 5 days
BLACKFIELD - IV NEW CD US $21.89 Buy It Now 5 days
BLACKFIELD - BLACKFIELD - NYC LIVE IN NEW YORK [REGION FREE] NEW DVD US $11.72 Buy It Now 5 days
Welcome to My Dna - Blackfield New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $31.84 Buy It Now 6 days
BLACKFIELD PAIN ISRAELI PROMO CD VERY RARE STEVE WILSON US $49.99 Buy It Now 6 days
2014 BLACKFIELD 4 IV JAPAN MINI LP CD+DVD AUDIO/VIDEO US $48.90 Buy It Now 6 days
BLACKFIELD - IV [CD/DVD] [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD BOXSET US $17.67 Buy It Now 7 days
IV by Blackfield (CD, Aug-2013, Kscope) US $18.67 Buy It Now 7 days
BLACKFIELD - IV (UK) NEW CD US $35.23 Buy It Now 7 days
AVIV GEFFEN BLACKFIELD SINGS BOB DYLAN IN HEBREW ISRAEL ISRAELI PROMO EP US $34.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Aviv Geffen - Journey CD 2000 Israeli rock blackfield US $14.90 Buy It Now 7 days
Blackfield - Iv [CD New] US $21.62 Buy It Now 8 days
Blackfield (Dig), Blackfield, New US $16.63 Buy It Now 8 days
BLACKFIELD - BLACKFIELD 2 NEW CD US $26.85 Buy It Now 8 days
AVIV GEFFEN PAIN ON PAIN HEBREW PROMO BLACKFIELD ISRAEL ISRAELI NM CD SINGLE US $29.99 Buy It Now 8 days
BLACKFIELD - WELCOME TO MY DNA - CD - New US $21.36 Buy It Now 8 days
Blackfield - IV UK CD Pop Rock US $29.21 Buy It Now 8 days
Blackfield - Blackfield Ii [CD New] US $15.23 Buy It Now 9 days
BLACKFIELD - IV - KSCOPE226 US $19.15 Buy It Now 9 days
BLACKFIELD ISRAELI PROMO CD ALBUM HEBREW STICKER US $17.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Blackfield II by Blackfield (CD, Sep-2009, Kscope) US $12.27 Buy It Now 9 days
BLACKFIELD 1st Japan MINI LP CD (Steven Wilson + Aviv Geffen) US $28.50 Buy It Now 9 days
BLACKFIELD IV Japan MINI LP CD + DVD-AUDIO (Steven Wilson + Aviv Geffen) US $47.50 Buy It Now 9 days
NYC: Live in New York City by Blackfield (CD, Sep-2009, 2 Discs, Kscope) US $11.73 Buy It Now 9 days
AVIV GEFFEN journey ISRAEL israeli CD Blackfield Porcupine Tree Steven Wilson US $24.99 Buy It Now 10 days
BLACKFIELD - II * 180 gram VINYL LP NEW & SEALED US $22.90 Buy It Now 10 days
AVIV GEFFEN BLACKFIELD ISRAELI PROMO CD SINGLE ???? ??? ??? US $17.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Blackfield: Empty Promo Box [Japan Mini-LP no cd porcupine tree steven wilson Q US $109.25 Buy It Now 10 days
BLACKFIELD - BLACKFIELD II (UK) NEW VINYL US $60.06 Buy It Now 10 days
AVIV GEFFEN ONLY LOVE SONGS ISRAELI HEBREW JEWISH POP ROCK BLACKFIELD 2007 CD US $99.00 Buy It Now 10 days
AVIV GEFFEN and THE MISTAKES -MEMENTO MORI BLACKFIELD US $17.89 Buy It Now 10 days
AVIV GEFFEN-WITH THE TIME 2006 BLACKFIELD US $15.89 Buy It Now 10 days
Aviv Geffen (Blackfield) - Nowhere - RARE Original 1995 Israeli Israel CD LISTEN US $12.34 Buy It Now 11 days
BLACKFIELD - BLACKFIELD - KSCOPE125M US $14.69 Buy It Now 11 days
BLACKFIELD - WELCOME TO MY DNA - KSCOPE168 US $19.14 Buy It Now 11 days
Blackfield - Blackfield Ii [Vinyl New] US $41.80 Buy It Now 11 days
Porcupine Tree "Stars Die" 2cd Sealed [Steven Wilson No-Man Blackfield] US $16.18 Buy It Now 11 days
Blackfield "Blackfield" Debut Sealed [Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree / No-Man] US $13.19 Buy It Now 11 days
Blackfield "IV" Digibook 2-disc Limited Sealed [Steven Wilson Aviv Geffen Suede] US $19.09 Buy It Now 11 days
Steven Wilson "Grace For Drowning" 2cd Sealed (Porcupine Tree No-Man Blackfield) US $15.75 Buy It Now 11 days
Blackfield "Welcome To My DNA" Sealed Special Edition US $18.17 Buy It Now 11 days
Blackfield "Blackfield II" 2 (Porcupine Tree) Sealed US $12.86 Buy It Now 11 days
AVIV GEFFEN and THE MISTAKES-"THE LETTER" BLACKFIELD US $15.89 Buy It Now 11 days
Iv - Blackfield New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $32.71 Buy It Now 11 days
AVIV GEFFEN "With the time" 2CD SPECIAL ED. BLACKFIELD US $22.90 Buy It Now 11 days
BLACKFIELD WELCOME TO MY DNA LP MINT SEALED PORCUPINE TREE US $59.99 Buy It Now 12 days
israeli 2006 CD-aviv geffen ( blackfield) with the time-limited DBL edition-MINT US $49.99 Buy It Now 12 days
BLACKFIELD PORCUPINE TREE AVIV GEFFEN hello ISRAEL ONLY ISRAELI PROMO CD SINGLE US $85.00 Buy It Now 13 days
BLACKFIELD PORCUPINE TREE AVIV GEFFEN pain ISRAEL ONLY ISRAELI PROMO CD SINGLE US $70.00 Buy It Now 13 days
BLACKFIELD cloudy now ISRAEL ISRAELI PROMO CD SINGLE PORCUPINE TREE, AVIV GEFFEN US $75.00 Buy It Now 13 days
BLACKFIELD S/T ISRAEL ISRAELI PROMO CD SINGLE PORCUPINE TREE, AVIV GEFFEN NM US $65.00 Buy It Now 13 days
AVIV GEFFEN STEVEN WILSON BLACKFIELD once ISRAEL ISRAELI PROMO PORCUPINE TREE US $70.00 Buy It Now 13 days
BLACKFIELD:BLACKFIELD IV/PROG US $11.60 Buy It Now 13 days
AVIV GEFFEN BLACKFIELD RARE RADIO PROMO CD SINGLE US $9.90 Buy It Now 14 days
Aviv Geffen - Journey ISRAEL POP ROCK BLACKFIELD US $9.90 Buy It Now 14 days
Aviv Geffen - Memento mori Folk Rock BLACKFIELD US $9.90 Buy It Now 14 days
AVIV GEFFEN MEMENTO MORI ISRAELI HEBREW JEWISH POP ROCK BLACKFIELD 2002 CD US $17.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Welcome to My DNA by Blackfield (CD, 2007, Kscope) US $9.53 Buy It Now 14 days
AVIV GEFFEN-JOURNEY MEMORIES BLACKFIELD DYLAN US $17.89 Buy It Now 14 days
Blackfield - Welcome To My DNA Vinyl LP Sealed Steven Wilson Porcupine Tree US $29.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Blackfield II UK LP Vinyl Record US $48.25 Buy It Now 14 days
AVIV GEFFEN MOSAIC ISRAELI HEBREW JEWISH POP ROCK BLACKFIELD 2012 CD US $17.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Blackfield - Welcome To My DNA (NEW CD) US $20.31 Buy It Now 14 days
Aviv Geffen (Blackfield) Sings Dylan In Hebrew Israel Promo Israeli CD LISTEN US $25.99 Buy It Now 15 days
BLACKFIELD II BY BLACKFIELD (CD) US $19.91 Buy It Now 15 days

More places to buy BLACKFIELD music online Buy BLACKFIELD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BLACKFIELD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BLACKFIELD Welcome To My DNA ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(12%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(41%)

BLACKFIELD Welcome To My DNA reviews

Review by Any Colour You Like
3 stars I want to begin this review by stating that this is a good album, it has some wonderful tracks, full of pop hooks and completed with typically melancholic Blackfield lyrics. However, there are some truly bizarre, or downright silly angsty lyrics which ruin much of this album. Now I won't dwell on these lyrics because they aren't all bad, and in part, they succinctly fit the feel and tone of the album.

Blackfield's typical style of semi-acoustic melancholic pop-rock is as catchy as ever here. Aviv Geffen's role as the major songwriter is a nice break from Steven Wilson's somewhat elevated status in the contemporary music world. Anyway, there are plenty of hooks to keep the listener engaged, and the occasional up-tempo or crunchier riff, just to keep sound fresh. There is nothing here that will challenge any Blackfield (or Wilson veterans), however, the passages of melodic distortion found in tracks like "Blood" and "Zigota" are very well done. And as usual, the production is immaculate. Now, as far as rock albums go, I can't have too many complaints about the music. It's all very introspective and emotional. Nothing groundbreaking, nor offensively dull. However, the lyrics define 'patchy.' There are some decent lines like:

"The wolves are out tonight, and they're looking for a fight"

And then there are some truly horrid ones like:

"F**k you all, f**k you, I don't care".

Now you can read whatever psychological interpretations into those lyrics that you want. And interpret them in the context of the entire album, but it doesn't change the fact that they are painful to listen to. Cathartic for the writer - perhaps. Not for me. On balance, the lyrics shouldn't hurt the album, but in my opinion they do. Whenever I hear Steven Wilson call some presumably antagonist character a "bitch", I can't but feel a sense angst that belies the album. Make no mistakes, it's all well indeed to write about melancholic sentiments and personal fulfillment, but such emotionally prozaic lyrics seem to contradict the mature and poised nature of much of the music, and indeed many of the other lyrical passages.

Send comments to Any Colour You Like (BETA) | Report this review (#425253) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 30, 2011

4 stars "...Goodbye old friend, my Paranoid, We'll meet again, some day..." Finally, here's the much-awaited third installment from Blackfield - that rather unexpected, unlikely, if not to say surreal collaboration between the British stiff-upper-lip über-nerd, Master Producer/singer/guitarist Steven Wi ... (read more)

Report this review (#448526) | Posted by Antennas | Monday, May 16, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Welcome to my DNA -- Blackfield Being the third Blackfield LP release, Welcome to my DNA shows songwriters/composers/band leaders Aviv Geffen and Steven Wilson in top form. Welcome to my DNA isn't much of a departure from the basic Blackfield sound; pop hooks, melancholic lyrics and them ... (read more)

Report this review (#428399) | Posted by The Monodrone | Wednesday, April 06, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Perhaps more luminous than Blackfield II, musically talking, which means a departure from some previous compositions they've got us used to, still retaining some essence in songs like "Far Away", "Rising of the tide", "On The Plane" and maybe "Glasshouse", all good songs by the way. Now let's see ... (read more)

Report this review (#423173) | Posted by synesthetize | Saturday, March 26, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BLACKFIELD "Welcome To My DNA"