WELCOME TO MY DNA

Search BLACKFIELD Welcome To My DNA lyrics

Search BLACKFIELD Welcome To My DNA tabs

- Steven Wilson / guitar, vocals
- Aviv Geffen / guitar, vocals

Title is available also on vinyl. The vinyl editon is pressed on heavyweight (180 gms) vinyl in a gatefold sleeve and will be limited to 2000 numbered copies

Thanks to Lister for the addition
and to Conor Fynes for the last updates

BLACKFIELD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BLACKFIELD Welcome To My DNA Music

Snapper Import 2011
Vinyl$34.56
BlackfieldBlackfield
101 DISTRIBUTION 2009
Blackfield - Welcome To My Dna [Japan LTD Mini LP CD] IECP-10269Blackfield - Welcome To My Dna [Japan LTD Mini LP CD] IECP-10269
Victor Japan
Blackfield - Blackfield I [Japan LTD Mini LP CD] IECP-10267Blackfield - Blackfield I [Japan LTD Mini LP CD] IECP-10267
Victor Japan
Welcome to My DNA Blackfield Vinyl LP US $24.75 Buy It Now 2h 5m
"BLACKFIELD II" (PORCUPINE TREE) CD 2007 - 1st US PROMO - DIGIPAK w/STICKER US $26.88 Buy It Now 3h 34m
Blackfield - Live In NYC DVD/CD (NEW CD) US $23.10 Buy It Now 9h 49m
Blackfield Welcome To My DNA LP UK 802644581712 Kscope new US $14.98 [0 bids]
BLACKFIELD - LIVE IN NYC DVD/CD - KSCOPE504 US $20.83 Buy It Now 14h 47m
Blackfield, Welcome to My DNA Vinyl US $27.99 Buy It Now 20h 39m
NYC: Live in New York City Blackfield CD US $12.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Blackfield Welcome to My Dna lp sealed vinyl US $59.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BLACKFIELD Blackfield Self Titled 2004 CD NEW & SEALED US $15.04 Buy It Now 1 day
EX- !! Sam Derchie/Sunshine People/Blackfield LP/German Issue US $33.60 Buy It Now 1 day
Blackfield - Iv [CD New] US $13.60 Buy It Now 2 days
BLACKFIELD-END OF THE WORLD PROMO RARE US $79.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AVIV GEFFEN BLACKFIELD ISRAELI PROMO CD SINGLE ???? ??? ????? US $21.25 Buy It Now 2 days
Iv - Blackfield (2013, CD New) US $9.65 Buy It Now 3 days
AMIT EREZ CLEVER AND STRONG MY WILL BLACKFIELD INFECTION ISRAEL ISRAELI PROMO CD US $39.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BLACKFIELD II (2) CD NEW & SEALED US $15.04 Buy It Now 3 days
Blackfield 4 IV NEW 2013 LP Vinyl SEALED FREE SHIPPING Porcupine Wilson Geffen US $39.85 Buy It Now 3 days
Blackfield, Vol. 1 Various Artists Vinyl LP US $29.81 Buy It Now 3 days
AVIV GEFFEN NEW WORLD BLACKFIELD HEBREW Promo ISRAEL ISRAELI EX CD SINGLE US $9.99 [0 bids]
AVIV GEFFEN BLACKFIELD HOPE PORCUPINE TREE SONG PROMO ISRAEL ISRAELI 1 TRACK CD US $26.79 Buy It Now 3 days
Blackfield "Blackfield II" 2 (Porcupine Tree) Sealed US $13.03 Buy It Now 4 days
BLACKFIELD - BLACKFIELD II - NEW CD US $18.94 Buy It Now 4 days
BLACKFIELD ORIG 2004 ISRAEL CD on HELICON STEVEN WILSON PORCUPINE TREE SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Blackfield JAPAN 4 titles Mini LP CD SS + PROMO IV BOX SET Steven Wilson US $162.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Blackfield IV lp new vinyl porcupine tree steven wilson US $29.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Blackfield "Welcome To My Dna" LP/VINYL sealed/numbered Steven Wilson/PTree US $19.00 [0 bids]
BLACKFIELD 1ST SINGLE Hello ISRAELI ISRAEL PROMO PORCUPINE TREE AVIV GEFFEN US $46.75 Buy It Now 5 days
Welcome To My Dna - Blackfield (2011, Vinyl New) 180gm US $23.57 Buy It Now 5 days
Blackfield - Blackfield VINYL LP + 12" single, 2011 US $20.00 [0 bids]
BLACKFIELD IV LIMITED 2x CD NEW & SEALED US $23.52 Buy It Now 6 days
Blackfield - Welcome To My Dna [Vinyl New] US $24.98 Buy It Now 6 days
BLACKFIELD - BLACKFIELD2 - KSCOPE126M US $14.22 Buy It Now 6 days
Blackfield - IV SPECIAL EDITION with 5.1 cd(feat. Steven Wilson, Porcupine Tree) US $20.09 Buy It Now 6 days
Blackfield - Blackfield (Music CD) US $22.44 Buy It Now 6 days
Blackfield - Blackfield II (Music CD) US $22.44 Buy It Now 6 days
BLACKFIELD**IV (GATEFOLD)**VINYL US $21.50 Buy It Now 6 days
BLACKFIELD**IV**CD US $13.50 Buy It Now 6 days
Blackfield "Blackfield" CD Aviv Geffen Steven Wilson Porcupine Tree **Free Shipp US $12.99 [0 bids]
BLACKFIELD**BLACKFIELD (BONUS TRACKS/ENHANCED)**CD US $16.60 Buy It Now 6 days
Beardfish -The Void (LP) Death, Slayer, Opeth, Anathema, megadeth, Blackfield US $22.00 Buy It Now 6 days
PORCUPINE TREE - UP THE DOWNSTAIR - SEALED VINYL 2 LP blackfield opeth US $39.99 Buy It Now 6 days
blackfield limited edition cd porcupine tree steven wilson aviv geffen US $33.99 Buy It Now 7 days
BLACKFIELD-WELCOME TO MY DNA-JAPAN MINI LP CD E75 US $26.50 Buy It Now 7 days
BLACKFIELD-BLACKFIELD-JAPAN MINI LP CD E75 US $26.50 Buy It Now 7 days
BLACKFIELD-BLACKFIELD 2-JAPAN MINI LP CD E75 US $26.50 Buy It Now 7 days
BLACKFIELD PORCUPINE TREE AVIV GEFFEN hello ISRAEL ONLY ISRAELI PROMO PRESS KIT US $70.00 Buy It Now 7 days
BLACKFIELD S/T ISRAEL ISRAELI PROMO CD PORCUPINE TREE, AVIV GEFFEN US $70.00 Buy It Now 7 days
BLACKFIELD cloudy now ISRAEL ISRAELI PROMO CD PORCUPINE TREE, AVIV GEFFEN US $70.00 Buy It Now 7 days
BLACKFIELD-BLACKFIELD IV-JAPAN CD+DVD J50 US $46.50 Buy It Now 7 days
Blackfield - Welcome To My Dna (CD New) US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
BLACKFIELD - IV NEW VINYL US $37.15 Buy It Now 7 days
BLACKFIELD - WELCOME TO MY DNA NEW CD US $21.97 Buy It Now 7 days
Blackfield - Nyc-Live In New York City [CD New] US $15.72 Buy It Now 7 days
BLACKFIELD - NYC: LIVE IN NEW YORK CITY (+DVD) NEW CD US $24.27 Buy It Now 7 days
Blackfield - Welcome To My Dna [CD New] US $13.21 Buy It Now 8 days
Blackfield - Nyc-Live In New York City CD US $19.05 Buy It Now 8 days
Blackfield - Iv CD US $17.22 Buy It Now 8 days
Blackfield - Vol. 1-Blackfield Import-UK 2 LP 180G Vinyl Record LP US $48.90 Buy It Now 8 days
IV, Blackfield, New US $19.25 Buy It Now 8 days
BLACKFIELD - IV NEW CD US $21.97 Buy It Now 8 days
BLACKFIELD - WELCOME TO MY DNA - NEW CD US $12.23 Buy It Now 8 days
BLACKFIELD - BLACKFIELD 1 (180GM) NEW VINYL US $55.57 Buy It Now 8 days
BLACKFIELD - BLACKFIELD - NYC LIVE IN NEW YORK [REGION FREE] NEW DVD US $12.93 Buy It Now 9 days
AVIV GEFFEN BLACK & WHITE BLACKFIELD TREVOR HORN PROMO CD US $40.19 Buy It Now 9 days
BLACKFIELD - WELCOME TO MY DNA [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $16.80 Buy It Now 10 days
IV, Blackfield, New US $24.94 Buy It Now 10 days
BLACKFIELD - IV [CD/DVD] [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD BOXSET US $18.86 Buy It Now 10 days
AVIV GEFFEN BLACKFIELD SINGS BOB DYLAN IN HEBREW ISRAEL ISRAELI PROMO EP US $34.00 Buy It Now 10 days
2014 BLACKFIELD 4 IV JAPAN MINI LP CD+DVD AUDIO/VIDEO US $48.90 Buy It Now 10 days
Aviv Geffen - Journey CD 2000 Israeli rock blackfield US $14.90 Buy It Now 11 days
Blackfield US $13.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Blackfield - Nyc-Live In New York City (CD New) US $11.59 Buy It Now 11 days
Iv - Blackfield (2013, Vinyl New) US $22.68 Buy It Now 11 days
Blackfield II Blackfield CD US $18.96 Buy It Now 11 days
BLACKFIELD - BLACKFIELD 2 NEW CD US $26.94 Buy It Now 11 days
Blackfield "IV" 2013 Slipcard Edition Sealed [Steven Wilson Aviv Geffen Anathema US $16.39 Buy It Now 11 days
BLACKFIELD - WELCOME TO MY DNA - CD - New US $21.44 Buy It Now 12 days
NYC: Live in New York City, Blackfield, New US $20.62 Buy It Now 12 days
Steven Wilson Aviv Geffen BLACKFIELD 1 CD with JAPAN MINI LP SLEEVE US $29.80 Buy It Now 12 days
Steven Wilson Aviv Geffen BLACKFIELD 2 CD with JAPAN MINI LP SLEEVE US $29.80 Buy It Now 12 days
Steven Wilson Aviv Geffen BLACKFIELD 3 JAPAN MINI LP CD US $26.90 Buy It Now 12 days
Steven Wilson Aviv Geffen BLACKFIELD IV JAPAN MINI LP CD + DVD US $48.90 Buy It Now 12 days
Blackfield - Blackfield Ii [CD New] US $21.92 Buy It Now 12 days
BLACKFIELD - IV - KSCOPE226 US $18.20 Buy It Now 12 days
Blackfield (CD New) US $10.67 Buy It Now 12 days
Blackfield Blackfield CD US $12.84 Buy It Now 12 days
Blackfield [Digipak] by Blackfield (CD, Feb-2005, Koch (USA)) US $12.91 Buy It Now 12 days
NYC: Live in New York City by Blackfield (CD, Sep-2009, 2 Discs, Kscope) US $13.05 Buy It Now 12 days
Blackfield II by Blackfield (CD, Sep-2009, Kscope) US $8.62 Buy It Now 12 days
BLACKFIELD - BLACKFIELD (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $24.27 Buy It Now 12 days
BLACKFIELD Japan MINI LP CD x 4 titles + PROMO BOX set! US $159.99 Buy It Now 12 days
BLACKFIELD 1st Japan MINI LP CD (Steven Wilson + Aviv Geffen) US $28.50 Buy It Now 13 days
BLACKFIELD IV Japan MINI LP CD + DVD-AUDIO (Steven Wilson + Aviv Geffen) US $47.50 Buy It Now 13 days
AVIV GEFFEN journey ISRAEL israeli CD Blackfield Porcupine Tree Steven Wilson US $24.99 Buy It Now 13 days

More places to buy BLACKFIELD music online Buy BLACKFIELD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BLACKFIELD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BLACKFIELD Welcome To My DNA ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(12%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(41%)

BLACKFIELD Welcome To My DNA reviews

Review by Any Colour You Like
3 stars I want to begin this review by stating that this is a good album, it has some wonderful tracks, full of pop hooks and completed with typically melancholic Blackfield lyrics. However, there are some truly bizarre, or downright silly angsty lyrics which ruin much of this album. Now I won't dwell on these lyrics because they aren't all bad, and in part, they succinctly fit the feel and tone of the album.

Blackfield's typical style of semi-acoustic melancholic pop-rock is as catchy as ever here. Aviv Geffen's role as the major songwriter is a nice break from Steven Wilson's somewhat elevated status in the contemporary music world. Anyway, there are plenty of hooks to keep the listener engaged, and the occasional up-tempo or crunchier riff, just to keep sound fresh. There is nothing here that will challenge any Blackfield (or Wilson veterans), however, the passages of melodic distortion found in tracks like "Blood" and "Zigota" are very well done. And as usual, the production is immaculate. Now, as far as rock albums go, I can't have too many complaints about the music. It's all very introspective and emotional. Nothing groundbreaking, nor offensively dull. However, the lyrics define 'patchy.' There are some decent lines like:

"The wolves are out tonight, and they're looking for a fight"

And then there are some truly horrid ones like:

"F**k you all, f**k you, I don't care".

Now you can read whatever psychological interpretations into those lyrics that you want. And interpret them in the context of the entire album, but it doesn't change the fact that they are painful to listen to. Cathartic for the writer - perhaps. Not for me. On balance, the lyrics shouldn't hurt the album, but in my opinion they do. Whenever I hear Steven Wilson call some presumably antagonist character a "bitch", I can't but feel a sense angst that belies the album. Make no mistakes, it's all well indeed to write about melancholic sentiments and personal fulfillment, but such emotionally prozaic lyrics seem to contradict the mature and poised nature of much of the music, and indeed many of the other lyrical passages.

Send comments to Any Colour You Like (BETA) | Report this review (#425253) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 30, 2011

4 stars "...Goodbye old friend, my Paranoid, We'll meet again, some day..." Finally, here's the much-awaited third installment from Blackfield - that rather unexpected, unlikely, if not to say surreal collaboration between the British stiff-upper-lip über-nerd, Master Producer/singer/guitarist Steven Wi ... (read more)

Report this review (#448526) | Posted by Antennas | Monday, May 16, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Welcome to my DNA -- Blackfield Being the third Blackfield LP release, Welcome to my DNA shows songwriters/composers/band leaders Aviv Geffen and Steven Wilson in top form. Welcome to my DNA isn't much of a departure from the basic Blackfield sound; pop hooks, melancholic lyrics and them ... (read more)

Report this review (#428399) | Posted by The Monodrone | Wednesday, April 06, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Perhaps more luminous than Blackfield II, musically talking, which means a departure from some previous compositions they've got us used to, still retaining some essence in songs like "Far Away", "Rising of the tide", "On The Plane" and maybe "Glasshouse", all good songs by the way. Now let's see ... (read more)

Report this review (#423173) | Posted by synesthetize | Saturday, March 26, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BLACKFIELD "Welcome To My DNA"