WELCOME TO MY DNA

Buy BLACKFIELD Music
Studio Album, released in 2011

1. Glass House (2:56)
2. Go To Hell (3:03)
3. Rising Of The Tide (3:47)
4. Waving (3:54)
5. Far Away (2:47)
6. Dissolving With The Night (4:06)
7. Blood (3:17)
8. On The Plane (3:41)
9. Oxygen (3:04)
10. Zigota (5:04)
11. DNA (3:56)

Total time 39:35

Search BLACKFIELD Welcome To My DNA lyrics

Search BLACKFIELD Welcome To My DNA tabs

- Aviv Geffen / lead vocals (2,3,6,7,9,11), piano, keyboards, guitar, string & horn arrangements (6), co-producer
- Steven Wilson / lead vocals (1,3-8,10,11), guitar, keyboards, string & horn arrangements, co-producer & mixing
- Eran Mitelman / piano, Hammond
- Seffy Efrati / bass
- Tomer Zidkyahu / drums, percussion

With:
- Yankale Segal / tar, oud & baglama (7)
- Ariel Tuchman / slide guitar (8)
- Trevor Horn / keyboards (9)
- Alex (188) / backing vocals (8,9)
- The London Session Orchestra / strings
- Perry Montague Mason / strings leader

Artwork: Carl Glover

LP Kscope - kscope817 (2011, UK)

CD Kscope - kscope168 (2011, UK)

Thanks to Lister for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

BLACKFIELD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BLACKFIELD Welcome To My DNA Music

Welcome To My DNA/4Welcome To My DNA/4
KSCOPE 2017
Welcome To My Dna ( Cd Jewel Case )Welcome To My Dna ( Cd Jewel Case )
Kscope 2017
Blackfield - Welcome To My Dna [Japan LTD Mini LP CD] IECP-10269Blackfield - Welcome To My Dna [Japan LTD Mini LP CD] IECP-10269
W.H.D. Entertainment

BLACKFIELD - WELCOME TO MY DNA 2011 ltd to 2000 with DOWNLOAD CARD USD $39.00 [0 bids]
BLACKFIELD-1,2,LIVE NYC,WELCOME TO MY DNA JOB LOT.(STEVEN WILSON) USD $28.09 [8 bids]
Welcome To My Dna - Blackfield - Vinyl LP - New USD $26.59 Buy It Now 1 day
BLACKFIELD-WELCOME TO MY DNA-JAPAN MINI LP CD E75 USD $22.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Blackfield - Welcome To My DNA 4 [CD] USD $14.18 Buy It Now 2 days
BLACKFIELD-WELCOME TO MY DNA-JAPAN MINI LP CD E75 USD $45.31 Buy It Now 3 days
Welcome To My DNA / 4 by Blackfield CD USD $17.11 Buy It Now 4 days
Blackfield-Welcome To My Dna / 4 (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $13.04 Buy It Now 4 days
Blackfield ? Welcome To My DNA / IV Kscope ?- KSCOPE370 2 CD SET NEW USD $15.55 Buy It Now 6 days
Blackfield - Welcome to My DNA [New CD] USD $8.11 Buy It Now 6 days
Blackfield - Welcome to My DNA [New CD] USD $8.58 Buy It Now 6 days
Blackfield - Welcome To My DNA - FREE UK P&P USD $8.96 Buy It Now 7 days
Porcupine Tree - Blackfield - Steven Wilson - Welcome To My DNA HOODIE XL USD $18.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Porcupine Tree - Blackfield - Steven Wilson - Welcome To My DNA HOODIE LARGE USD $18.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Welcome To My Dna / 4 - Blackfield 802644737027 (CD Used Very Good) USD $12.51 Buy It Now 9 days
Welcome To My Dna - Blackfield (CD Used Very Good) USD $7.93 Buy It Now 9 days
Welcome to My DNA [Digipak] by Blackfield (CD, Mar-2011, Kscope) USD $18.42 Buy It Now 9 days
Blackfield - Welcome to My DNA [New CD] Ltd Ed, Deluxe Edition USD $9.12 Buy It Now 9 days
Blackfield - Welcome to My DNA [New CD] Ltd Ed, Deluxe Edition USD $9.77 Buy It Now 9 days
Welcome To My Dna - Blackfield Deluxe E (CD Used Very Good) Deluxe ED./Lmtd ED. USD $9.22 Buy It Now 9 days
Blackfield Welcome To My DNA Audio CD 2011 New USD $8.01 Buy It Now 9 days
Blackfield-Welcome to My DNA (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $8.07 Buy It Now 10 days
Blackfield CD album (CDLP) Welcome To My DNA UK promo KSCOPE167P KSCOPE 2011 USD $39.45 Buy It Now 12 days
Welcome to My Dna / 4 - Blackfield CD-JEWEL CASE USD $18.06 Buy It Now 13 days
Blackfield Welcome To My DNA Audio CD 2011 New Sealed USD $6.12 Buy It Now 13 days
Welcome To My Dna - Blackfield 802644581712 (Vinyl Used Very Good) USD $18.96 Buy It Now 13 days
BLACKFIELD - WELCOME TO MY DNA - NEW - LP RECORD USD $26.74 Buy It Now 14 days
BLACKFIELD Welcome To My DNA 2011 EUROPEAN collectors CD album procupine tree USD $18.85 Buy It Now 14 days
Welcome to My DNA by Blackfield (Vinyl, Apr-2011, Kscope) USD $18.03 Buy It Now 15 days
Blackfield - Welcome To My DNA (2011) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST USD $9.30 Buy It Now 16 days
BLACKFIELD Welcome To My DNA IECP-10269 CD JAPAN 2014 NEW USD $53.27 Buy It Now 17 days
Blackfield Welcome To My Dna (Ltd) vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $44.30 Buy It Now 17 days
Blackfield - Welcome To My Dna / 4 [CD New] USD $14.51 Buy It Now 23 days
Welcome To My Dna / 4 - 2 DISC SET - Blackfield (2016, CD New) USD $17.03 Buy It Now 23 days
Welcome To My DNA by Blackfield - Digibook CD (2011) USD $13.38 Buy It Now 23 days
BLACKFIELD - WELCOME TO MY DNA NEW CD USD $8.06 Buy It Now 24 days
BLACKFIELD - WELCOME TO MY DNA USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $6.47 Buy It Now 24 days
BLACKFIELD - WELCOME TO MY DNA [DIGIPAK] NEW CD USD $11.27 Buy It Now 24 days
BLACKFIELD - WELCOME TO MY DNA [DIGIPAK] USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $8.21 Buy It Now 24 days
Welcome to My DNA [Digipak] by Blackfield (CD, Mar-2011, Kscope) USD $8.30 Buy It Now 25 days
BLACKFIELD Welcome To My DNA CD. Deluxe Edition. Brand New & Sealed USD $18.74 Buy It Now 26 days
BLACKFIELD-Ltd Edition Welcome To My Dna (UK IMPORT) VINYL LP NEW USD $23.83 Buy It Now 28 days
Blackfield-Welcome to My DNA (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $9.28 Buy It Now 29 days
Blackfield - Welcome to My DNA [New Vinyl LP] Ltd Ed USD $20.96 Buy It Now 29 days
Blackfield - Welcome To My Dna (Promo) (RARE) Porcupine Tree - Steven Wilson USD $30.00 Buy It Now 29 days
Blackfield - Welcome to My DNA [New Vinyl LP] Ltd Ed USD $23.25 Buy It Now 29 days
BLACKFIELD - WELCOME TO MY DNA/IV CD NEW+ USD $20.86 Buy It Now 29 days
BLACKFIELD-Ltd Edition Welcome To My Dna VINYL LP NEW USD $28.54 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy BLACKFIELD music online Buy BLACKFIELD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

BLACKFIELD Welcome To My DNA ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(12%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(37%)

BLACKFIELD Welcome To My DNA reviews

Review by Prog Leviathan
2 stars This third release by Blackfield, known here due to the involvement of Steven Wilson, continues the collaboration's between one of the most prolific musicians in art/prog music and Israeli singer/songwriter Aviv Geffen. I found Blackfield enjoyable for the most part, Blackfield II laborious, but not quite disappointing, and now with Welcome to My DNA unpleasant in exactly the ways I was expecting.

The songs are short, warm, melancholic, and filled with lush instrumental sounds. They have the stellar production values we've come to expect with anything bearing Wilson's name, and the combination of background sounds - strings, keyboards, guitar textures - is the overwhelming highlight of this album. The writing is serviceable for the album's goals, and is actually sometimes quite interesting, such as in the jaunty and drifting "Waving," or the intensity and time changes in "Zigota." Mostly, though, the songs are just nice.

But this is a "pop" album, so there's bound to be plenty of singing for "normal" people to "enjoy." (OK, no more "excessive" finger quotes).

Wilson's vocals are smooth as always, though noticeably more bland then in his principle works. He sits comfortably in his middle register and doesn't give the listener much to walk away or help connect with. Remember the soaring passion heard in Hand.Cannot.Erase? Or maybe the skillful inflection on In Absentia's "Trains"? There isn't an ounce of that here. Ironic, given that Blackfield albums are meant to be emotional pop records. Geffen's vocals are not as good. In fact... they're actually quite unpleasant. In timbre and inflection he comes across as sniveling. Suffice to say that it's distracting and draws the ear away from the fine tones and chords of the music in the background. However, the real strike against Welcome to My DNA is the puerile lyrics, which sort of grumble their angst-filled way from song to song. Some of them are genuinely bad, others are offensive, some noticeably poetic, but mostly they're just boring.

If this were an instrumental album, then I'd be on-board and enjoying the experience much more. The vocals, and therefore the album simply don't work for me, and unless you're a 100% die-hard Steven Wilson fan-boy, it probably won't for you either (as it turns out, I'm only a 99.9% fan-boy).

Songwriting: 3 - Instrumental Performances: 2 - Lyrics/Vocals: 1 - Style/Emotion/Replay: 2

4 stars "...Goodbye old friend, my Paranoid, We'll meet again, some day..." Finally, here's the much-awaited third installment from Blackfield - that rather unexpected, unlikely, if not to say surreal collaboration between the British stiff-upper-lip über-nerd, Master Producer/singer/guitarist Steven Wi ... (read more)

Report this review (#448526) | Posted by Antennas | Monday, May 16, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Welcome to my DNA -- Blackfield Being the third Blackfield LP release, Welcome to my DNA shows songwriters/composers/band leaders Aviv Geffen and Steven Wilson in top form. Welcome to my DNA isn't much of a departure from the basic Blackfield sound; pop hooks, melancholic lyrics and them ... (read more)

Report this review (#428399) | Posted by The Monodrone | Wednesday, April 6, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Perhaps more luminous than Blackfield II, musically talking, which means a departure from some previous compositions they've got us used to, still retaining some essence in songs like "Far Away", "Rising of the tide", "On The Plane" and maybe "Glasshouse", all good songs by the way. Now let's see ... (read more)

Report this review (#423173) | Posted by synesthetize | Saturday, March 26, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BLACKFIELD "Welcome To My DNA"