WELCOME TO MY DNA

Search BLACKFIELD Welcome To My DNA lyrics

Search BLACKFIELD Welcome To My DNA tabs

- Steven Wilson / guitar, vocals
- Aviv Geffen / guitar, vocals

Title is available also on vinyl. The vinyl editon is pressed on heavyweight (180 gms) vinyl in a gatefold sleeve and will be limited to 2000 numbered copies

Thanks to Lister for the addition
and to Conor Fynes for the last updates

BLACKFIELD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BLACKFIELD Welcome To My DNA Music

BLACKFIELD-WELCOME TO MY DNA. 11TRK CD ALBUM(STEVEN WILSON PORCUPINE TREE) USD $11.94 Buy It Now 5h 43m
BLACKFIELD Welcome To My DNA Limited Numbered 12" Vinyl LP USD $25.00 Buy It Now 14h 56m
Welcome to My Dna / 4 - Blackfield New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping USD $17.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Welcome To My DNA - Blackfield New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $17.98 Buy It Now 1 day
BLACKFIELD Welcome To My DNA 2011 EUROPEAN collectors CD album procupine tree USD $21.75 Buy It Now 2 days
Blackfield Welcome to My Dna CD USD $10.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Welcome To My Dna / 4 - Blackfield 802644737027 (CD Used Very Good) USD $13.51 Buy It Now 6 days
Blackfield - Welcome To My Dna / 4 [CD New] USD $16.82 Buy It Now 6 days
Blackfield - Welcome To My DNA (Gatefold Sleeve Vinyl LP) New & Sealed USD $22.56 Buy It Now 6 days
BLACKFIELD-WELCOME TO MY DNA-JAPAN MINI LP CD E75 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 9 days
BLACKFIELD / STEVEN WILSON - WELCOME TO MY DNA - NEW USD $14.59 Buy It Now 10 days
Welcome To My Dna - Blackfield (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.52 Buy It Now 12 days
Blackfield - Welcome To My Dna NEW CD USD $13.42 Buy It Now 13 days
Welcome To My DNA, Blackfield, 0802644816722 USD $17.71 Buy It Now 18 days
Welcome To My DNA / 4, Blackfield, 0802644737027 USD $14.01 Buy It Now 18 days
BLACKFIELD**WELCOME TO MY DNA**CD USD $9.95 Buy It Now 18 days
Blackfield-Welcome to My DNA CD NEW USD $15.60 Buy It Now 20 days
Welcome To My Dna/4 0802644737027 by Blackfield, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P USD $19.13 Buy It Now 20 days
BLACKFIELD "WELCOME TO MY DNA" CD NEW+ USD $18.24 Buy It Now 21 days
Welcome to My DNA Blackfield Vinyl, LP LTD Kscope NMBRD Steven Wilson MINT/MINT USD $25.21 Buy It Now 21 days
Blackfield: Welcome To My DNA (mini LP) CD (Japan) USD $41.23 Buy It Now 26 days
Blackfield - Welcome To My DNA (NEW CD) USD $13.60 Buy It Now 26 days
Blackfield - Welcome To My Dna [CD New] USD $13.24 Buy It Now 26 days
Welcome to My DNA by Blackfield (CD, 2007, Kscope) USD $10.79 Buy It Now 26 days
Welcome To My DNA / 4, Blackfield, 0802644737027 USD $15.89 Buy It Now 26 days
Welcome To My DNA Blackfield Audio CD USD $17.84 Buy It Now 27 days
Blackfield - Welcome To My Dna / 4 (NEW 2CD) USD $14.59 Buy It Now 29 days
Welcome to My DNA by Blackfield (CD, 2007, Kscope) USD $18.74 Buy It Now 29 days
BLACKFIELD**WELCOME TO MY DNA (GATEFOLD)**VINYL USD $18.95 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy BLACKFIELD music online Buy BLACKFIELD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BLACKFIELD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BLACKFIELD Welcome To My DNA ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(11%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(38%)

BLACKFIELD Welcome To My DNA reviews

Review by Any Colour You Like
3 stars I want to begin this review by stating that this is a good album, it has some wonderful tracks, full of pop hooks and completed with typically melancholic Blackfield lyrics. However, there are some truly bizarre, or downright silly angsty lyrics which ruin much of this album. Now I won't dwell on these lyrics because they aren't all bad, and in part, they succinctly fit the feel and tone of the album.

Blackfield's typical style of semi-acoustic melancholic pop-rock is as catchy as ever here. Aviv Geffen's role as the major songwriter is a nice break from Steven Wilson's somewhat elevated status in the contemporary music world. Anyway, there are plenty of hooks to keep the listener engaged, and the occasional up-tempo or crunchier riff, just to keep sound fresh. There is nothing here that will challenge any Blackfield (or Wilson veterans), however, the passages of melodic distortion found in tracks like "Blood" and "Zigota" are very well done. And as usual, the production is immaculate. Now, as far as rock albums go, I can't have too many complaints about the music. It's all very introspective and emotional. Nothing groundbreaking, nor offensively dull. However, the lyrics define 'patchy.' There are some decent lines like:

"The wolves are out tonight, and they're looking for a fight"

And then there are some truly horrid ones like:

"F**k you all, f**k you, I don't care".

Now you can read whatever psychological interpretations into those lyrics that you want. And interpret them in the context of the entire album, but it doesn't change the fact that they are painful to listen to. Cathartic for the writer - perhaps. Not for me. On balance, the lyrics shouldn't hurt the album, but in my opinion they do. Whenever I hear Steven Wilson call some presumably antagonist character a "bitch", I can't but feel a sense angst that belies the album. Make no mistakes, it's all well indeed to write about melancholic sentiments and personal fulfillment, but such emotionally prozaic lyrics seem to contradict the mature and poised nature of much of the music, and indeed many of the other lyrical passages.

Review by Prog Leviathan
2 stars This third release by Blackfield, known here due to the involvement of Steven Wilson, continues the collaboration's between one of the most prolific musicians in art/prog music and Israeli singer/songwriter Aviv Geffen. I found Blackfield enjoyable for the most part, Blackfield II laborious, but not quite disappointing, and now with Welcome to My DNA unpleasant in exactly the ways I was expecting.

The songs are short, warm, melancholic, and filled with lush instrumental sounds. They have the stellar production values we've come to expect with anything bearing Wilson's name, and the combination of background sounds - strings, keyboards, guitar textures - is the overwhelming highlight of this album. The writing is serviceable for the album's goals, and is actually sometimes quite interesting, such as in the jaunty and drifting "Waving," or the intensity and time changes in "Zigota." Mostly, though, the songs are just nice.

But this is a "pop" album, so there's bound to be plenty of singing for "normal" people to "enjoy." (OK, no more "excessive" finger quotes).

Wilson's vocals are smooth as always, though noticeably more bland then in his principle works. He sits comfortably in his middle register and doesn't give the listener much to walk away or help connect with. Remember the soaring passion heard in Hand.Cannot.Erase? Or maybe the skillful inflection on In Absentia's "Trains"? There isn't an ounce of that here. Ironic, given that Blackfield albums are meant to be emotional pop records. Geffen's vocals are not as good. In fact... they're actually quite unpleasant. In timbre and inflection he comes across as sniveling. Suffice to say that it's distracting and draws the ear away from the fine tones and chords of the music in the background. However, the real strike against Welcome to My DNA is the puerile lyrics, which sort of grumble their angst-filled way from song to song. Some of them are genuinely bad, others are offensive, some noticeably poetic, but mostly they're just boring.

If this were an instrumental album, then I'd be on-board and enjoying the experience much more. The vocals, and therefore the album simply don't work for me, and unless you're a 100% die-hard Steven Wilson fan-boy, it probably won't for you either (as it turns out, I'm only a 99.9% fan-boy).

Songwriting: 3 - Instrumental Performances: 2 - Lyrics/Vocals: 1 - Style/Emotion/Replay: 2

4 stars "...Goodbye old friend, my Paranoid, We'll meet again, some day..." Finally, here's the much-awaited third installment from Blackfield - that rather unexpected, unlikely, if not to say surreal collaboration between the British stiff-upper-lip über-nerd, Master Producer/singer/guitarist Steven Wi ... (read more)

Report this review (#448526) | Posted by Antennas | Monday, May 16, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Welcome to my DNA -- Blackfield Being the third Blackfield LP release, Welcome to my DNA shows songwriters/composers/band leaders Aviv Geffen and Steven Wilson in top form. Welcome to my DNA isn't much of a departure from the basic Blackfield sound; pop hooks, melancholic lyrics and them ... (read more)

Report this review (#428399) | Posted by The Monodrone | Wednesday, April 6, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Perhaps more luminous than Blackfield II, musically talking, which means a departure from some previous compositions they've got us used to, still retaining some essence in songs like "Far Away", "Rising of the tide", "On The Plane" and maybe "Glasshouse", all good songs by the way. Now let's see ... (read more)

Report this review (#423173) | Posted by synesthetize | Saturday, March 26, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BLACKFIELD "Welcome To My DNA"

Other sites in the MAC network: JazzMusicArchives.com — jazz music reviews and archives | MetalMusicArchives.com — metal music revuew and archives