UNION - LIVE

23. Roundabout
24. Starship Trooper

Bonus Audio

5.1 mixes:

And You and I (from the Mountain View show)
Shock to the System (from the Mountain View show)
Lift Me Up (from the Mountain View show)

Soundboard Recordings Stereo Mixes:

And You and I (from 29 Jun 1991 London)
Shock to the System (from 29 Jun 1991 London)
Drum Duet (from 24 Jul 1991 Burgettstown, US)
Changes" (from 24 Jul 1991 Burgettstown, US)

Search YES Union - Live lyrics

- Rick Wakeman / keyboards
- Tony Kaye / keyboards

Label: Gonzo Multimedia
Catalogue Number: HST007DVD
Format: NTSC Region 0 (playable any region)

This exclusive deluxe package includes the original film from the Shoreline Amphitheatre (taken directly from the master tapes), reproduction tour program, deluxe "digi-pak" packaging, replica tour passes, along with a debut release of the soundtrack from the Shoreline Amphitheatre show, as a two CD set. If that wasn't enough, there also a bonus DVD featuring some bootleg footage of the band

Thanks to BrunoSamppa for the addition

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Union - Live Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Heaven & EarthHeaven & Earth
The Studio Albums 1969-1987The Studio Albums 1969-1987
Atlantic Catalog Group 2013
Tales From Topographic OceansTales From Topographic Oceans
Rhino/Elektra 2003
the yes men (new and sealed) two funny guys making fun of american business US $3.73 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Special Edition) US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
DVD YES, CAPTAIN VOL.1-20END KOREAN DRAMA DVD GOOD EngLISH Subs US $36.79 Buy It Now 2h 22m
YES [Symphonic Live] DVD NEW dts US $3.80 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Yes: Symphonic Live [2 Discs] [DVD] US $4.99 [0 bids]
House of Yes - Live from House of Blues (DVD, 2000) US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 29m
YES FRAGILE DVD AUDIO DISC CD NEW SEALED SURROUND SOUND SQUIRE HOWE ANDERSON US $39.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $4.50 [0 bids]
Mint US press YES Legends Of Rock : Greatest Video LD Laserdisc ACTO Video 1991 US $49.99 Buy It Now 4h 26m
NICKLAUS,JACK-YES SIR JACK NICKLAUS & HISTORIC 1986... DVD NEW US $18.78 Buy It Now 6h 45m
Yes Man DVD Jim Carrey US $2.99 [0 bids]
Saw II DVD Widescreen Oh Yes... There Will Be Blood. US $2.99 [0 bids]
Yes - YesYears (VHS, 1991) Steve Howe, Rick Wakeman, Chris Squire..... US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h
Bob the Builder Dvd's- Yes We Can AND Dig! Lift! Haul! US $4.00 [0 bids]
Yes Virginia US $6.30 Buy It Now 8h 3m
NEW "YES VIRGINIA THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS" ANIMATED DVD HARRIS HEWITT, MOLINA S US $5.00 [0 bids]
NEW "YES VIRGINIA THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS" ANIMATED DVD HARRIS HEWITT, MOLINA R US $5.00 [0 bids]
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (DVD, 2005) Great Working Condition Very Clean US $5.99 Buy It Now 8h 48m
" Yes Dear " complete set 20 discs DVD ( Comedy ) US $45.00 [5 bids]
Yes Man DVD US $2.85 Buy It Now 9h
2 x DVD Yes - Soon Live (Manufactured, Rare Brazil Edition) US $19.99 [0 bids]
Say Yes! DVD (Chiling Lin, Bo Huang, Hailu Qin) - New & Sealed! Region 4 US $16.48 Buy It Now 9h 55m
Yes, Minister & Yes, Prime Minister: The Complete Collection DVD US $79.99 Buy It Now 10h 28m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Special Edition) US $4.95 [0 bids]
BRAND NEW SEALED Bob the Builder Yes We Can! DVD HIT Entertainment US $7.95 Buy It Now 10h 44m
Battle Of The Bulge,Henry Fonda,Robert Shaw,Robert Ryan,Charles Bronson,WAR,YES$ US $4.95 [0 bids]
Yes - Yessongs New DVD! Ships Fast! US $9.03 Buy It Now 11h 39m
34 DVD Movies-Unknown/HarrymetSally/Woodsman/Talladega/Yes Man/+ US $19.99 [1 bids]
Yes Man (Se) (2009) - Prev - Blu-ray US $6.05 Buy It Now 12h 40m
YES MAN ~ BLU-RAY ~ BRAND NEW ~ FREE SHIPPING! JIM CARREY US $6.94 Buy It Now 12h 59m
A Greater Yes: The True Story of Amy Newhouse (DVD, 2010) US $4.34 Buy It Now 13h 26m
Dragon Tales - Yes, We Can! (DVD) Andrea Libman, BRAND NEW! US $7.95 Buy It Now 14h 14m
Yes Nurse! No Nurse! (DVD, 2005) Gay - Dutch US $19.99 Buy It Now 14h 17m
Yessongs. YES. Concert DVD. US $11.45 Buy It Now 14h 52m
Yes, Giorgio 1982 Luciano Pavarotti, Eddie Albert, James Hong, Kathryn Harrold US $29.83 Buy It Now 15h 5m
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $10.00 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Widescreen Special Edition) Brand New and Sealed US $8.50 Buy It Now 15h 31m
Yes Man [Blu-ray] US $4.49 Buy It Now 15h 54m
VHS Yes - Greatest Video Hits 1991 Jon Andersen, Rick Wakeman, Steve Howe US $5.00 [0 bids]
16h
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $6.00 Buy It Now 16h 21m
Yes:classic Artists - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $20.49 Buy It Now 16h 46m
The Yes Men Fix the World DVD US $4.98 Buy It Now 16h 48m
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $3.99 Buy It Now 16h 48m
YES MAN - BLU-RAY - BRAND NEW - FREE SHIPPING - JIM CARREY US $6.00 Buy It Now 17h
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Silent Mobius Vol. 4 - Yes, My Master (VHS, 2000, Subtitled) US $9.95 Buy It Now 17h 37m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) Jim Carrey! Freaking Hilarious! US $8.25 Buy It Now 17h 40m
LUCIANO PAVAROTTI-YES,GIORGIO DLX LETTER-BOX EDITION US $6.99 Buy It Now 18h 8m
JIM HENSON'S MUPPET BABIES YES I CAN HELP SEALED VHS US $34.95 Buy It Now 18h 36m
2 DVDs - Fools Gold / Yes Man US $1.99 [0 bids]
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (VHS, 2005) US $2.99 Buy It Now 18h 45m
YES VIRGINIA NEW DVD US $13.12 Buy It Now 19h 3m
Yes Man & Me , Myself & Irene US $1.99 [0 bids]
T-Tapp Yes You Can With T-Tapp DVD Workout Fitness Teresa Tapp New Seminar US $11.95 Buy It Now 19h 11m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Special Edition) Jim Carry, Zooey Deschanel, Bradley Cooper US $7.99 Buy It Now 19h 21m
YES YESSONGS 1973 CONCERT VIDEO NM+ VHS US $17.95 Buy It Now 19h 37m
YES - YESSONGS (VHS) 1989 VIDAMERICA THE 1973 CONCERT VIDEO US $2.99 [0 bids]
Saw (DVD, 2005, Widescreen) CARY ELWES, DANNY GLOVER,MONICA POTTER, HORROR- YES US $3.29 [0 bids]
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (DVD, 2005) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Jim Carrey Triple Yes Man+Dumb And Dumber+Ace Ventura Pet Detective Reg2 New DVD US $22.32 Buy It Now 20h 34m
Yes Man (Ws) (2009) - Used - Dvd US $1.99 Buy It Now 20h 39m
NEW Yes Man [Blu-ray] (2008) US $11.80 Buy It Now 20h 48m
RICK WAKEMAN (YES) ~OUT THERE~ALL REGIONS W/S DVD~NEW & SEALED~5.1 Dolby & DTS US $5.95 Buy It Now 20h 50m
Yes - Yesspeak 35th Anniversary (2004) - New - Digital Video Disc US $14.51 Buy It Now 21h 10m
Yes, Virginia (DVD 2010) Jennifer Love Hewitt Neil Patrick Harris Alfred Molina US $8.99 [0 bids]
The Three Stooges: Yes We Have No Bonanza; We Want Our Mummy: Restless Knights US $3.99 Buy It Now 21h 35m
YES YesSongs Japan Laserdisk NM w/Title sticker BVVP-40 US $13.00 Buy It Now 23h 50m
Yes DVD US $12.04 Buy It Now 1 day
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (DVD, 2005) US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2012) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) jim carrey US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
LOT OF 8 Heavy Metal Rock VHS OOP Metallica AC/DC OZZY RUSH DEF LEPPARD TULL YES US $19.95 [0 bids]
Yes - Best Of Musikladen (1999) - Used - Digital Video Disc US $5.81 Buy It Now 1 day
SEALED NEW CBS Sneak Peak VHS Tape - Blockbuster - CSI & YES DEAR Premiere US $5.35 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes, Virginia Dvd Based On A True Story English And Spanish Audio New US $2.99 [0 bids]
Yes - LIVE AT MONTREUX 2003 Blu-ray DVD - Sealed US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Years - A Retrospective 1991 VHS ULTRA-RARE PROMOTIONAL COPY **** WOW!!!!!!! US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Mika Nakashima: Concert Tour 2007 - Yes my Joy (2007) Japan / DVD TAIWAN US $31.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Bob the Builder: Yes We Can! Bob the Builder: Yes We Can! DVD US $3.96 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Virginia - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $11.43 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Prime Minister Complete Collectio - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $48.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - Live in Amsterdam (DVD, 2002) US $7.11 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - Live At Montreux 2003 - BLR Region 4 Brand New Free Shipping US $21.44 Buy It Now 1 day
YES - YESSPEAK NEW DVD US $21.16 Buy It Now 1 day
yes virginia dvd US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
YES - Greatest Video Hits (DVD 2005) NTSC R1 US $9.99 [0 bids]
YES - House of Yes: Live From House of Blues (DVD 2000) NTSC R1 US $9.99 [0 bids]
YES - Symphonic Live (2DVD 2002) NTSC R1 Live 2001 US $13.99 [0 bids]
YES [DVD] [1900] [MULTILINGUAL] [REGION 1] - NEW DVD US $15.78 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Virginia: Based on a True Story- Animated- DVD US $1.99 [0 bids]
The Yes Men (DVD, 2005) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes:live At the Montreux - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $14.61 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Live US $14.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Single-Disc Edition) US $4.48 Buy It Now 1 day
Rare 2000 YES, YOU CAN! MS Multiple Sclerosis Exercise VHS Video US $12.99 [0 bids]
ABWH DVD Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe AN EVENING OF YES MUSIC PLUS live concert US $42.00 [0 bids]
YES (2004) (WS) NEW DVD US $24.59 Buy It Now 1 day
COMEDY-Yes Man DVD NEW US $8.51 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man - Blu-Ray Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $13.23 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Union - Live ratings distribution

YES Union - Live reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars Could not imagine if I was there ...

....Well yeah, I might jump to the stage to express my gratitude having seen the band plays live with almost all who have ever played in Yes except Patrick Moraz (keyboards on Relayer album and some works in Going For The One album), Peter Banks (guitar on early days of Yes), Trevor Horn (vocals on Drama album - 1980) and Geoffrey Downes (keyboards on Drama album - 1980), Igor Korochev (keyboard - Open Your Eyes).. I can see the rationale of not bringing every ex members on stage as it's too many and it might commercially not viable as they have to divide the revenues with so many people. But the idea of bringing most of them is really brilliant and it creates powerful nuance to the crowd who were there in the concert and also for me personally as one of the DVD viewers.

The moment is about right for me as I've just seen the band played live in Jakarta last month on 24 April 2012 at The Ritz Carlton Hotel Ballroom, Jakarta, Indonesia. The lineup was Jon Davison (Glass Hammer), Chris, Alan, Steve and Geoff. It was a great show despite Geoff's inability to perform inventive licks usually performed by Rick. But overall it was excellent and I could not see the significant difference with the one I watched in 2003 with ideal line-up (including Jon and Rick) in Singapore. As the mood was really Yes, I started to make countdown from 35 days before the concert date with a series of articles and reviews about Yes in my personal blog. In the middle of that mood I found this DVD from amazon - the place I used to order CDs, books and DVDs. I clicked this one and Peter Gabriel's New Blood live in London which I did not have a chance to see the DVD yet. This morning I had a chance to see this Union DVD and I was amazed by the concert filmed from 8 Aug 1991 Mountain View show at the Shoreline Amphitheatre.

I can not explain how I felt when I started to play the DVD as I was so happy beforehand knowing the eight members play together in a single concert. It starts wonderfully with their classic Yours Is No Disgrace with all eight members on one single stage. Right before watching the DVD, I thought the eight members would not play together. They would only play based on the song being performed - if it's in the era of Trevor, then he would play his part. And in fact it's not - they all share the same stage regardless what song being played with some exceptions. During this opening track Trevor Rabin play guitar at the first part of the song. But in the middle of the song, there is a wonderful guitar solo parts played by Howe at the first part and followed by Rabin. These two gentlemen play really well on each individual role. Their style is different but I really enjoy the solo parts. Trevor plays more rockin' guitar style while Steve is typical classical / flamenco influenced style.

On the Rhythm of Love there is great guitar solo by Rabin followed with Rick solo. This is something I did not predict to happen as Rick was not involved in the studio version of this song. Right after the song finished Jon takes the microphone saying "Wake up and dream! This is something we remembered ...something we forgot .." and the music enters with Heart of The Sunrise. Wow! It's a cool opening speech followed beautifully with nice music passages. The Chris Squire bass guitar solo at the beginning of the song is really amazing and I do enjoy watching his stage act. He once stopped playing his bass guitar and let the keyboard at the back played and he continued excellently. It's really an enjoyment part for me to see long bass guitar solo at the beginning of this legendary song.

Jon then introduced Steve to play guitar solo using his acoustic classical guitar. As usual, Steve guitar solo has always been fascinating especially looking at how his fingers dance dynamically at the guitar strings. He played the energetic The Clap from The Yes Album and Mood For a Day from Fragile album. On the Owner of A Lonely Heart there were no Bruford at the beginning of the song. It's because Steve needed to take a rest at the backstage after performing such a great solo. What really surprise me is the fact that Rick played his solo and he did it while walking to the crowd at the front row. Wow! At the end of the song, Bruford rejoined the band.

Jon was then communicating with the audience saying that the band had been on the road for 12 months and this performance was their last. He specifically asked the crowd to sing along when the band then played I've Seen All Good People. Right after that Jon introduced the brief history of a young boy who wanted to be a rock'n'roll guitar player. While Jon was introducing the young boy, Chris served a stool to be seated by that young boy whom Jon finally said ..."This is rock and roll guitar genius ....Mr Trevor Rabin ....". I have never seen Trevor played guitar and this is the first time I watch him playing acoustic guitar solo. It's an excellent solo and it differs from Steve's style. He played Solly's Beard with his style partly influenced by Al Di Meola, I think.

Now is Chris' turn to play bass guitar solo and he performed it really well through White Fish as well as part of Tempus Fugit. His combined work with Alan White on this bass guitar solo is really nice. Jon then introduced Rick to play solo. As usual, Rick's keyboard solo always captivating and I do enjoy with his style. He played excerpts from his legendary albums Six Wives and Arthur. It's really great! Trevor Rabin jumped into the stage while Rick played his solo to insert some guitar part.

Awaken

For some reasons, Awaken has been one of favorite tracks from Yes as it has great melody and composition including the wonderful keyboard solo at the end of the track. I have always loved Yes live records when Awaken is included in the setlist. It's not about Rick who played it but in fact I also enjoyed when Igor Korochev played this track in Yes Live at The House of Blues. Right here, Awakanen was being played excellently, flawless with great contributions from all members of the band. I really enjoy Ricks' keyboard solo at the ending part combined with Jon's triangle work.

The ritual encore part is Roundabout. This track has never been left out in any performance of Yes - or may be most performance of Yes. Overall, I am very satisfied with this DVD despite the picture quality as well as audio quality are not that superb - but it's OK to satisfy the hi-fi requirements or standard. For those who love Yes, this is the DVD that do not split the band between Howe and Rabin era as both of them are OK and you would not have a chance to think about it as this DVD is really excellent. It's a four stars PLUS as far as rating. Keep on proggin' ...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#754267) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 17, 2012

3 stars The Union DVD box comprises a DvD and also 2 audio CDs of a concert in CA, Shoreline Amphitheatre. I bought this because so many of my musical heroes play together on this concert and because I have good memories of the Rotterdam, The Netherlands. The DVD quality and sound quality are acceptabl ... (read more)

Report this review (#397023) | Posted by Ron | Wednesday, February 09, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Union - Live"