UNION - LIVE

23. Roundabout
24. Starship Trooper

Bonus Audio

5.1 mixes:

And You and I (from the Mountain View show)
Shock to the System (from the Mountain View show)
Lift Me Up (from the Mountain View show)

Soundboard Recordings Stereo Mixes:

And You and I (from 29 Jun 1991 London)
Shock to the System (from 29 Jun 1991 London)
Drum Duet (from 24 Jul 1991 Burgettstown, US)
Changes" (from 24 Jul 1991 Burgettstown, US)

Search YES Union - Live lyrics

- Rick Wakeman / keyboards
- Tony Kaye / keyboards

Label: Gonzo Multimedia
Catalogue Number: HST007DVD
Format: NTSC Region 0 (playable any region)

This exclusive deluxe package includes the original film from the Shoreline Amphitheatre (taken directly from the master tapes), reproduction tour program, deluxe "digi-pak" packaging, replica tour passes, along with a debut release of the soundtrack from the Shoreline Amphitheatre show, as a two CD set. If that wasn't enough, there also a bonus DVD featuring some bootleg footage of the band

Thanks to BrunoSamppa for the addition

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Union - Live Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Heaven & EarthHeaven & Earth
Frontiers Records (Universal) 2014
Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary ConcertSongs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Atlantic Catalog Group 2013
Fly From HereFly From Here
Deluxe Edition
Frontiers Records 2011
YES MINISTER THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOLUME 2 DISC ONLY REPLACEMENT DISC US $14.99 Buy It Now 36m 15s
YES MINISTER THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOLUME 4 DISC ONLY REPLACEMENT DISC US $7.99 Buy It Now 36m 29s
Yes Man (Blu-ray) US $9.21 Buy It Now 41m 23s
NEW Sealed Christian Inspirational DVD!A Greater Yes: True Story of Amy Newhouse US $7.95 Buy It Now 59m 24s
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $5.00 [0 bids]
59m 41s
YES! - John Mayer - "Any Given Thursday" DVD US $5.00 [0 bids]
YES MAN Blu Ray US $4.50 [0 bids]
Yes - Yessongs (VHS, 2000) NEW MINT SEALED US $5.00 [0 bids]
Yes - Keys To Ascension (VHS, 2001) NEW MINT SEALED US $8.00 [0 bids]
2h
The House of Yes DVD Very Good US $4.99 [2 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, 2-Disc Set, Canadian Digital Copy Edition DVD) US $1.29 [0 bids]
Yes-JON ANDERSON-Bill Bruford/PETER BANKS-Euro/The Best of MusikLaden Live/VHS US $5.49 Buy It Now 3h 49m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $2.55 [0 bids]
Yes, Virginia (DVD 2010) Jennifer Love Hewitt Neil Patrick Harris Alfred Molina US $8.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man [Blu-ray], Very Good DVD, Terence Stamp, John Michael Higgins, Bradley C US $2.00 Buy It Now 6h 13m
Blu ray Yes Man (2009) Jim Carrey, Zooey Deschanel, Sasha Alexander US $10.06 Buy It Now 9h 34m
YES, DEAR: Rare '02 DVD, JEAN LOUISA KELLY, ANTHONY CLARK, MIKE O'MALLEY, 2 EPS US $19.99 Buy It Now 9h 52m
Say Yes! (VHS) US $2.99 Buy It Now 11h 18m
Yes, Madam! (Blu-ray)-Michelle Yeoh, Cynthia Rothrock US $19.99 Buy It Now 12h 36m
Bob the Builder: Yes We Can! [Back to School Packaging] DVD US $4.80 Buy It Now 12h 38m
JAPAN press YES 90125 Live LD Laserdisc VAP Inc. VPLR-70464 w/OBI NEW rare US $89.98 Buy It Now 12h 45m
RARE VHS - *Yes, Prime Minister: The Grand Design* {G} 1990...AS NEW US $11.18 Buy It Now 13h 48m
RARE VHS - *Yes, Prime Minister: The Key* {G} 1990...AS NEW US $11.18 Buy It Now 13h 48m
RARE VHS - *Yes, Prime Minister: Power to the People* {G} 1991...AS NEW US $11.18 Buy It Now 13h 48m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $6.99 Buy It Now 14h 4m
Yes- Close to the Edge Rock Milestones DVD Europe Import New Sealed US $49.99 Buy It Now 14h 32m
Yes Keys To Ascension DVD US $16.37 Buy It Now 15h 38m
YES Live 1975 At Q.P.R. Vol 2 DVD Video Region 2 & 3 JAPAN Rare Brand New US $89.99 Buy It Now 16h 24m
Yes, Virginia (DVD, 2013) US $3.99 [0 bids]
NEW "YES VIRGINIA THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS" ANIMATED DVD HARRIS HEWITT, MOLINA R US $4.00 [0 bids]
17h
Yes Man (Single-Disc Edition), Acceptable DVD, Cecilia Antoinette, Molly Sims, D US $4.99 Buy It Now 17h 2m
YES New Sealed 2014 LIVE ACOUSTIC CONCERT DVD w Bonus Rehearsal Footage US $17.99 Buy It Now 17h 6m
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (DVD, 2005)*SAVE*CLEARANCE*SAVE NOW! US $2.99 [0 bids]
YES MAN [DVD] [CANADIAN DVD] [REGION FREE] NEW DVD US $6.48 Buy It Now 17h 23m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) *BRAND NEW* Still Sealed - Free Shipping US $7.99 Buy It Now 17h 34m
YES Special Edition EP DVD LIVE VIDEO DVD with 5.1 SURROUND SOUND US $4.99 Buy It Now 17h 43m
Yes, Virginia DVD US $4.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man DVD Jim Carrey Special Edition US $1.79 Buy It Now 18h 53m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $2.00 [0 bids]
Bob the Builder: Yes We Can! (Bilingue) US $7.25 Buy It Now 19h 22m
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) creepy middle-aged dude woos 20 something... US $10.00 Buy It Now 19h 29m
SYMPHONIC LIVE BY YES (DVD) US $22.34 Buy It Now 19h 39m
Yes Man, & Fun with Dick and Jane (DVD lot) Jim Carrey ***fast free shipping*** US $10.99 Buy It Now 19h 49m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Special Edition) US $7.99 Buy It Now 19h 55m
"YES MAN" JIM CARREY BLU-RAY DISC MOVIE AND SPECIAL FEATURES US $1.99 [0 bids]
Bob the Builder: Yes We Can! US $0.99 Buy It Now 21h 39m
NBC News Presents: Yes We Can! The Barack Obama Story (DVD, 2009, Canada) US $3.49 Buy It Now 21h 47m
HBO 2014 Emmy Consideration 29 DVD set YES 29 DVD's US $60.00 [0 bids]
Yes - Live at Montreux 2003 (DVD, 2007) US $3.99 [0 bids]
The House of Yes (DVD, 1999) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009, 2-Disc Set, Canadian Blu-Ray) US $5.19 Buy It Now 23h 28m
YES MAN ( DVD- 2009) US $1.98 Buy It Now 23h 40m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) Jim Carrey US $3.31 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $3.50 [0 bids]
2 x DVD Yes - Soon Live (Manufactured, Rare Brazil Edition) US $17.99 [1 bids]
CAT.8,2013,Matthew Modine,Maxim Roy,Ted Whittall,Not Rated,Doomsday Series,YES$$ US $2.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $1.25 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Special Edition) Brand New Jim Carrey US $12.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $2.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man Widescreen and Full Screen Dual Format DVD US $3.49 [0 bids]
Nbc News Presents:yes We Can the Bara - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $11.06 Buy It Now 1 day
DVD new/sealed The Yes Men dan ollman,sarah price US $8.58 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Yes Virginia, There is a Santa Claus VHS US $2.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $6.61 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW House of Yes-Live from House of Blues (VHS,2000) Music Songs As seen on PBS US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Minister: the Complete Collection - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $58.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes, Virginia (DVD, 2013) US $6.50 [0 bids]
YES New Sealed 2014 Previously Unreleased LIVE CONCERT IN BULGARIA DVD US $16.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, 2-Disc Special Edition) US $4.80 Buy It Now 1 day
The Yes Men (DVD, 2005) US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
YES - KEYS TO ASCENSION - NEW DVD US $10.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Get Smart (2008) /yes Man - BLU-RAY Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $15.41 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man DVD - Special Edition - DISC is MINT !!! US $0.99 [0 bids]
YES New Sealed Ltd Ed 2014 GREATEST HITS & PERFORMANCES CD & DVD SET US $17.95 Buy It Now 1 day
YES - LIVE AT QUEENS PARK - DVD *SEALED* US $8.77 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $0.99 [0 bids]
YES LIVE IN PHILADELPHIA 1979 DVD FACTORY SEALED NEW MINT CLASSIC ROCK MUSIC US $19.99 [0 bids]
Yes, Giorgio (VHS, 1992) US $4.49 [0 bids]
Yes Minister " The Greasy Pole " * Seller's Bargains* US $5.36 Buy It Now 1 day
YES MAN (DVD, 2009) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $1.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
VHS Yes - Greatest Video Hits 1991 Jon Andersen, Rick Wakeman, Steve Howe US $5.00 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Special Edition) US $6.68 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, 2-Disc Set, Canadian Digital Copy Edition DVD) US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes (DVD, 2005) US $6.88 Buy It Now 1 day
The Yes Men (DVD, 2005) Sarah Price, Dan Ollman, Chris Smith SEALED US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009, 2-Disc Set, Canadian Blu-Ray) US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Brand New and Sealed Yes, Virginia There Is A Santa Claus Animated (DVD, 2010) US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes, Virginia DVD NEW US $13.04 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2012) US $0.99 [0 bids]
DVD GREATEST VIDEO HITS BY YES THE DEFINITIVE VIDEO COLLECTION (STILL SEALED) US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) - BRAND NEW - FACTORY SEALED - JIM CAREY - ZOOEY DESCHANEL - US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man DVD Dc Widescreen 2 Disc Special Edition US $19.55 Buy It Now 1 day
4 Film Favorites Jim Carrey DVD 2 Disc Dumb & Mask Yes Man Majestic US $15.14 Buy It Now 1 day
Legends of Rock Yes Years A Retrospective Laserdisc Excellent Condition 50250-6 US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man DVD *NEW* US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
4 DVD Movies: Indiana Jones; Sideways; Yes Man and The Dark Knight- in cases US $6.85 Buy It Now 1 day
2 DRAGON TALES DVDS-WE CAN WORK IT OUT & YES,WE CAN US $2.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Union - Live ratings distribution

YES Union - Live reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars Could not imagine if I was there ...

....Well yeah, I might jump to the stage to express my gratitude having seen the band plays live with almost all who have ever played in Yes except Patrick Moraz (keyboards on Relayer album and some works in Going For The One album), Peter Banks (guitar on early days of Yes), Trevor Horn (vocals on Drama album - 1980) and Geoffrey Downes (keyboards on Drama album - 1980), Igor Korochev (keyboard - Open Your Eyes).. I can see the rationale of not bringing every ex members on stage as it's too many and it might commercially not viable as they have to divide the revenues with so many people. But the idea of bringing most of them is really brilliant and it creates powerful nuance to the crowd who were there in the concert and also for me personally as one of the DVD viewers.

The moment is about right for me as I've just seen the band played live in Jakarta last month on 24 April 2012 at The Ritz Carlton Hotel Ballroom, Jakarta, Indonesia. The lineup was Jon Davison (Glass Hammer), Chris, Alan, Steve and Geoff. It was a great show despite Geoff's inability to perform inventive licks usually performed by Rick. But overall it was excellent and I could not see the significant difference with the one I watched in 2003 with ideal line-up (including Jon and Rick) in Singapore. As the mood was really Yes, I started to make countdown from 35 days before the concert date with a series of articles and reviews about Yes in my personal blog. In the middle of that mood I found this DVD from amazon - the place I used to order CDs, books and DVDs. I clicked this one and Peter Gabriel's New Blood live in London which I did not have a chance to see the DVD yet. This morning I had a chance to see this Union DVD and I was amazed by the concert filmed from 8 Aug 1991 Mountain View show at the Shoreline Amphitheatre.

I can not explain how I felt when I started to play the DVD as I was so happy beforehand knowing the eight members play together in a single concert. It starts wonderfully with their classic Yours Is No Disgrace with all eight members on one single stage. Right before watching the DVD, I thought the eight members would not play together. They would only play based on the song being performed - if it's in the era of Trevor, then he would play his part. And in fact it's not - they all share the same stage regardless what song being played with some exceptions. During this opening track Trevor Rabin play guitar at the first part of the song. But in the middle of the song, there is a wonderful guitar solo parts played by Howe at the first part and followed by Rabin. These two gentlemen play really well on each individual role. Their style is different but I really enjoy the solo parts. Trevor plays more rockin' guitar style while Steve is typical classical / flamenco influenced style.

On the Rhythm of Love there is great guitar solo by Rabin followed with Rick solo. This is something I did not predict to happen as Rick was not involved in the studio version of this song. Right after the song finished Jon takes the microphone saying "Wake up and dream! This is something we remembered ...something we forgot .." and the music enters with Heart of The Sunrise. Wow! It's a cool opening speech followed beautifully with nice music passages. The Chris Squire bass guitar solo at the beginning of the song is really amazing and I do enjoy watching his stage act. He once stopped playing his bass guitar and let the keyboard at the back played and he continued excellently. It's really an enjoyment part for me to see long bass guitar solo at the beginning of this legendary song.

Jon then introduced Steve to play guitar solo using his acoustic classical guitar. As usual, Steve guitar solo has always been fascinating especially looking at how his fingers dance dynamically at the guitar strings. He played the energetic The Clap from The Yes Album and Mood For a Day from Fragile album. On the Owner of A Lonely Heart there were no Bruford at the beginning of the song. It's because Steve needed to take a rest at the backstage after performing such a great solo. What really surprise me is the fact that Rick played his solo and he did it while walking to the crowd at the front row. Wow! At the end of the song, Bruford rejoined the band.

Jon was then communicating with the audience saying that the band had been on the road for 12 months and this performance was their last. He specifically asked the crowd to sing along when the band then played I've Seen All Good People. Right after that Jon introduced the brief history of a young boy who wanted to be a rock'n'roll guitar player. While Jon was introducing the young boy, Chris served a stool to be seated by that young boy whom Jon finally said ..."This is rock and roll guitar genius ....Mr Trevor Rabin ....". I have never seen Trevor played guitar and this is the first time I watch him playing acoustic guitar solo. It's an excellent solo and it differs from Steve's style. He played Solly's Beard with his style partly influenced by Al Di Meola, I think.

Now is Chris' turn to play bass guitar solo and he performed it really well through White Fish as well as part of Tempus Fugit. His combined work with Alan White on this bass guitar solo is really nice. Jon then introduced Rick to play solo. As usual, Rick's keyboard solo always captivating and I do enjoy with his style. He played excerpts from his legendary albums Six Wives and Arthur. It's really great! Trevor Rabin jumped into the stage while Rick played his solo to insert some guitar part.

Awaken

For some reasons, Awaken has been one of favorite tracks from Yes as it has great melody and composition including the wonderful keyboard solo at the end of the track. I have always loved Yes live records when Awaken is included in the setlist. It's not about Rick who played it but in fact I also enjoyed when Igor Korochev played this track in Yes Live at The House of Blues. Right here, Awakanen was being played excellently, flawless with great contributions from all members of the band. I really enjoy Ricks' keyboard solo at the ending part combined with Jon's triangle work.

The ritual encore part is Roundabout. This track has never been left out in any performance of Yes - or may be most performance of Yes. Overall, I am very satisfied with this DVD despite the picture quality as well as audio quality are not that superb - but it's OK to satisfy the hi-fi requirements or standard. For those who love Yes, this is the DVD that do not split the band between Howe and Rabin era as both of them are OK and you would not have a chance to think about it as this DVD is really excellent. It's a four stars PLUS as far as rating. Keep on proggin' ...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#754267) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 17, 2012

3 stars The Union DVD box comprises a DvD and also 2 audio CDs of a concert in CA, Shoreline Amphitheatre. I bought this because so many of my musical heroes play together on this concert and because I have good memories of the Rotterdam, The Netherlands. The DVD quality and sound quality are acceptabl ... (read more)

Report this review (#397023) | Posted by Ron | Wednesday, February 09, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Union - Live"