UNION - LIVE

23. Roundabout
24. Starship Trooper

Bonus Audio

5.1 mixes:

And You and I (from the Mountain View show)
Shock to the System (from the Mountain View show)
Lift Me Up (from the Mountain View show)

Soundboard Recordings Stereo Mixes:

And You and I (from 29 Jun 1991 London)
Shock to the System (from 29 Jun 1991 London)
Drum Duet (from 24 Jul 1991 Burgettstown, US)
Changes" (from 24 Jul 1991 Burgettstown, US)

Search YES Union - Live lyrics

- Rick Wakeman / keyboards
- Tony Kaye / keyboards

Label: Gonzo Multimedia
Catalogue Number: HST007DVD
Format: NTSC Region 0 (playable any region)

This exclusive deluxe package includes the original film from the Shoreline Amphitheatre (taken directly from the master tapes), reproduction tour program, deluxe "digi-pak" packaging, replica tour passes, along with a debut release of the soundtrack from the Shoreline Amphitheatre show, as a two CD set. If that wasn't enough, there also a bonus DVD featuring some bootleg footage of the band

Thanks to BrunoSamppa for the addition

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Union - Live Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
FragileFragile
DVD - YES - ACOUSTIC: GUARENTEED NO HISS US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $3.50 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Yes - Acoustic, Good DVD, Yes, n/a US $6.98 Buy It Now 2h 46m
YES .. THE BAND LIVE IN PHILADELPHIA DVD 1979 US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 52m
Yes, Prime Minister: The Complete Series 1 - Digital Versatile Disc (DVD) Region US $18.00 Buy It Now 4h
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Special Edition)2 disc!!with slip cover!!!!! US $4.97 Buy It Now 4h 16m
Yes, Minister - The Complete Collection (DVD, 2003, 4-Disc Set) *Brand New* US $74.99 Buy It Now 4h 17m
Bill Moyers Journal: Mike Bonanno, Andy Bichlbaum - The Yes Men / Poet M. Espada US $7.95 Buy It Now 4h 43m
Kingdom Of The Tiger,IMAX Originally,Take The Experience Home,NEW,SEALED,$YES$ US $2.99 [0 bids]
Bill Harley - Yes To Running: Bill Harley Live US $6.83 Buy It Now 5h 12m
Yes Man (DVD 2009)~Like New Condition Excellent Movie Price Reduced US $1.99 [0 bids]
VHS: YES...... YESYEARS A RETROSPECTIVE.....2 HOURS LONG US $9.77 Buy It Now 6h 13m
USED Yes Man DVD US $6.50 Buy It Now 6h 22m
100 Years of the New York Yankees (DVD, 2003, 2-Disc Set) YES Network Production US $5.00 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009, 2-Disc Set, Canadian Blu-Ray) US $8.00 [0 bids]
VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR Godbluff Live 1975 DVD PROG Peter Hammill Fish Camel Yes US $9.99 [0 bids]
YES - YESSONGS / NEW DVD US $19.68 Buy It Now 7h 22m
Bob The Builder - Yes We Can New DVD US $12.16 Buy It Now 8h 32m
Dragon Tales - Yes, We Can! (DVD, 2002) US $5.00 Buy It Now 8h 34m
The Yes Men - Dvd Movie Brand New Region 4 US $5.04 Buy It Now 8h 37m
Kiss the Bride AND The Yes Men - Double Feature (Full-Length Screener DVD 2004) US $5.95 Buy It Now 9h
Yes, Prime Minister - Series 2 (DVD) US $7.71 Buy It Now 9h 9m
Yes Virginia DVD US $1.30 [2 bids]
Yes Man DVD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Single-Disc Edition) DVD, Jim Carrey, Zooey Deschanel, Bradley Cooper, US $7.00 Buy It Now 15h 20m
The Three Stooges: Yes We Have No Bonanza; We Want Our Mummy: Restless Knights US $3.99 Buy It Now 16h 28m
GET SMART (2008) / YES MAN (2PC) (2 PACK) NEW BLURAY US $17.75 Buy It Now 17h 29m
YES: SYMPHONIC LIVE NEW BLU-RAY US $24.92 Buy It Now 17h 49m
Yes, Virginia (DVD, 2010) FANTASTIC ANIMATION!!! BASED ON A TRUE STORY! US $9.99 Buy It Now 18h 52m
Yes Years a Retrospective VHS US $13.95 Buy It Now 20h 7m
Yes DVD US $13.28 Buy It Now 20h 13m
YES YOU CAN! - NEW DVD US $13.51 Buy It Now 20h 14m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Special Edition) US $0.99 [0 bids]
(New DVD) A Greater Yes: The True Story of Amy Newhouse (DVD) US $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 18m
DVD Yes Man (Single-Disc Edition) Jim Carrey, Zooey Deschanel, Bradley Cooper, J US $4.00 Buy It Now 21h 42m
JON ANDERSON of YES New Sealed SOLO LIVE CONCERT DVD w 10 UNRELEASED SONGS + US $16.99 Buy It Now 21h 46m
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) Jim Carrey US $32.15 Buy It Now 21h 58m
RICK WAKEMAN of YES New Sealed 2014 LIVE CONCERT & COMEDY PICTURE SHOW DVD US $17.99 Buy It Now 22h 47m
YES FRAGILE DVD AUDIO DISC CD NEW SEALED SURROUND SOUND SQUIRE HOWE ANDERSON US $39.99 [0 bids]
Yessongs, VHS, 1973 Concert Video of the original YES, Close to the Edge tour US $1.99 [0 bids]
YES, Captain, Take Care of US Korean tv Drama DVD with Good Eng Sub All Region US $69.84 Buy It Now 23h 45m
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) Jim Carrey US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - Keys To Ascension, BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED DVD (2001,Image) US $29.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - Yessongs New DVD! Ships Fast! US $9.98 Buy It Now 1 day
A Greater Yes: The True Story of Amy Newhouse [DVD-Video] US $15.24 Buy It Now 1 day
The Muppets Jim Henson's Preschool Collection: Yes, I Can Learn Muppet Babies US $15.80 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Special Edition) US $2.99 [1 bids]
7 dvd lot 8 mile wah-wah please give easy virtue taylor yes men mad money used US $3.99 [0 bids]
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! DVD New Sealed US $4.59 Buy It Now 1 day
Jim Henson's Preschool Collection - Yes, I Can Help (VHS, 1995) US $3.25 [0 bids]
Yes, Prime Minister: The Complete Series 2 - Digital Versatile Disc (DVD) Region US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Yes Men (DVD, 2005) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $5.49 Buy It Now 1 day
YES, DEAR: Rare '02 DVD, JEAN LOUISA KELLY, ANTHONY CLARK, MIKE O'MALLEY, 2 EPS US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The House of Yes (VHS, 1998) US $9.87 Buy It Now 1 day
YES MADAM, SIR (2011) NEW DVD US $30.16 Buy It Now 1 day
Steve Howe's Remedy (DVD, 2005) OOP RARE GREAT STORY OF THE GUITARIST FROM YES US $6.66 [0 bids]
Romantic Comedy Dvd Lot 5 Yes Man Serendipity Little Black Book Holiday Best Fri US $12.00 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $3.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - Symphonic Live Blu-ray - New & Sealed! Region B US $27.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - The Best of MusikLaden Live (DVD, 1999) US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW - Yes Prime Minister: Grand Design [VHS] US $4.35 Buy It Now 1 day
Barack Obama: Yes We Can NEW DVD US $17.14 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Prime Minister: Box Set, S1-2 NEW DVD US $38.76 Buy It Now 1 day
The Yes Men Fix the World NEW DVD US $20.64 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Sir, Jack Nicklaus and the Historic 1986 Masters Victory, Good DVD, Jack Nic US $15.06 Buy It Now 1 day
YES MEN, THE Changing The World One Prank At A Time DVD US $9.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes, Captain DVD *Korean drama *Good English Subtitles *R3 US $45.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES - LIVE IN AMSTERDAM [DVD BOXSET] - NEW DVD BOXSET US $12.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Get Smart/Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2013, 2-Disc Set) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Yes (DVD) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $0.75 [1 bids]
16MM FILM FEATURE "VOYAGE OF THE YES" DESI ARNAZ JR. LPP VERY GOOD COLOR US $125.00 [0 bids]
Yes - Symphonic Live (DVD + CD Collector's Edition) NEW US $15.17 Buy It Now 1 day
The Yes Men (DVD, 2005) OOP US $0.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN of YES New Sealed 2014 LIVE CONCERT w MELBOURNE ORCHESTRA DVD US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - Live at Montreux 2003 (DVD, 2007) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $3.49 [0 bids]
Yes, Virginia (DVD, 2010) US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Yes Man Jim Carrey Bradley Cooper Comedy DVD Quick Ship Movies US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Yes Men Chris Smith Comedy DVD Quick Ship Movies US $4.94 Buy It Now 2 days
Yes [DVD New] US $12.52 Buy It Now 2 days
Yes [DVD New] US $12.55 Buy It Now 2 days
A Real American Hero Brian Dennehy The Voyage Of The Yes Desi Arnaz Jr New DVD US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart DVD Early Performances US $15.25 Buy It Now 2 days
HOUSE OF YES RARE DVD Parker Posey Josh Hamilton Tori Spelling Jackie O US $31.99 Buy It Now 2 days
TROY,Brad Pitt,Eric Bana,Orlando Bloom,Diane Kruger,Sean Bean,2-Disc Edition,YES US $1.49 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $2.00 [0 bids]
Yes, Virginia 2010 DVD Video Based On A True Story Retail: $9.99 US $6.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Yes - Live in Philadelphia 1979 (DVD, 1999) US $1.10 [2 bids]

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Union - Live ratings distribution

YES Union - Live reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars Could not imagine if I was there ...

....Well yeah, I might jump to the stage to express my gratitude having seen the band plays live with almost all who have ever played in Yes except Patrick Moraz (keyboards on Relayer album and some works in Going For The One album), Peter Banks (guitar on early days of Yes), Trevor Horn (vocals on Drama album - 1980) and Geoffrey Downes (keyboards on Drama album - 1980), Igor Korochev (keyboard - Open Your Eyes).. I can see the rationale of not bringing every ex members on stage as it's too many and it might commercially not viable as they have to divide the revenues with so many people. But the idea of bringing most of them is really brilliant and it creates powerful nuance to the crowd who were there in the concert and also for me personally as one of the DVD viewers.

The moment is about right for me as I've just seen the band played live in Jakarta last month on 24 April 2012 at The Ritz Carlton Hotel Ballroom, Jakarta, Indonesia. The lineup was Jon Davison (Glass Hammer), Chris, Alan, Steve and Geoff. It was a great show despite Geoff's inability to perform inventive licks usually performed by Rick. But overall it was excellent and I could not see the significant difference with the one I watched in 2003 with ideal line-up (including Jon and Rick) in Singapore. As the mood was really Yes, I started to make countdown from 35 days before the concert date with a series of articles and reviews about Yes in my personal blog. In the middle of that mood I found this DVD from amazon - the place I used to order CDs, books and DVDs. I clicked this one and Peter Gabriel's New Blood live in London which I did not have a chance to see the DVD yet. This morning I had a chance to see this Union DVD and I was amazed by the concert filmed from 8 Aug 1991 Mountain View show at the Shoreline Amphitheatre.

I can not explain how I felt when I started to play the DVD as I was so happy beforehand knowing the eight members play together in a single concert. It starts wonderfully with their classic Yours Is No Disgrace with all eight members on one single stage. Right before watching the DVD, I thought the eight members would not play together. They would only play based on the song being performed - if it's in the era of Trevor, then he would play his part. And in fact it's not - they all share the same stage regardless what song being played with some exceptions. During this opening track Trevor Rabin play guitar at the first part of the song. But in the middle of the song, there is a wonderful guitar solo parts played by Howe at the first part and followed by Rabin. These two gentlemen play really well on each individual role. Their style is different but I really enjoy the solo parts. Trevor plays more rockin' guitar style while Steve is typical classical / flamenco influenced style.

On the Rhythm of Love there is great guitar solo by Rabin followed with Rick solo. This is something I did not predict to happen as Rick was not involved in the studio version of this song. Right after the song finished Jon takes the microphone saying "Wake up and dream! This is something we remembered ...something we forgot .." and the music enters with Heart of The Sunrise. Wow! It's a cool opening speech followed beautifully with nice music passages. The Chris Squire bass guitar solo at the beginning of the song is really amazing and I do enjoy watching his stage act. He once stopped playing his bass guitar and let the keyboard at the back played and he continued excellently. It's really an enjoyment part for me to see long bass guitar solo at the beginning of this legendary song.

Jon then introduced Steve to play guitar solo using his acoustic classical guitar. As usual, Steve guitar solo has always been fascinating especially looking at how his fingers dance dynamically at the guitar strings. He played the energetic The Clap from The Yes Album and Mood For a Day from Fragile album. On the Owner of A Lonely Heart there were no Bruford at the beginning of the song. It's because Steve needed to take a rest at the backstage after performing such a great solo. What really surprise me is the fact that Rick played his solo and he did it while walking to the crowd at the front row. Wow! At the end of the song, Bruford rejoined the band.

Jon was then communicating with the audience saying that the band had been on the road for 12 months and this performance was their last. He specifically asked the crowd to sing along when the band then played I've Seen All Good People. Right after that Jon introduced the brief history of a young boy who wanted to be a rock'n'roll guitar player. While Jon was introducing the young boy, Chris served a stool to be seated by that young boy whom Jon finally said ..."This is rock and roll guitar genius ....Mr Trevor Rabin ....". I have never seen Trevor played guitar and this is the first time I watch him playing acoustic guitar solo. It's an excellent solo and it differs from Steve's style. He played Solly's Beard with his style partly influenced by Al Di Meola, I think.

Now is Chris' turn to play bass guitar solo and he performed it really well through White Fish as well as part of Tempus Fugit. His combined work with Alan White on this bass guitar solo is really nice. Jon then introduced Rick to play solo. As usual, Rick's keyboard solo always captivating and I do enjoy with his style. He played excerpts from his legendary albums Six Wives and Arthur. It's really great! Trevor Rabin jumped into the stage while Rick played his solo to insert some guitar part.

Awaken

For some reasons, Awaken has been one of favorite tracks from Yes as it has great melody and composition including the wonderful keyboard solo at the end of the track. I have always loved Yes live records when Awaken is included in the setlist. It's not about Rick who played it but in fact I also enjoyed when Igor Korochev played this track in Yes Live at The House of Blues. Right here, Awakanen was being played excellently, flawless with great contributions from all members of the band. I really enjoy Ricks' keyboard solo at the ending part combined with Jon's triangle work.

The ritual encore part is Roundabout. This track has never been left out in any performance of Yes - or may be most performance of Yes. Overall, I am very satisfied with this DVD despite the picture quality as well as audio quality are not that superb - but it's OK to satisfy the hi-fi requirements or standard. For those who love Yes, this is the DVD that do not split the band between Howe and Rabin era as both of them are OK and you would not have a chance to think about it as this DVD is really excellent. It's a four stars PLUS as far as rating. Keep on proggin' ...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#754267) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 17, 2012

3 stars The Union DVD box comprises a DvD and also 2 audio CDs of a concert in CA, Shoreline Amphitheatre. I bought this because so many of my musical heroes play together on this concert and because I have good memories of the Rotterdam, The Netherlands. The DVD quality and sound quality are acceptabl ... (read more)

Report this review (#397023) | Posted by Ron | Wednesday, February 09, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Union - Live"