CHRONICLES VOL. 1 & VOL. 2

- Fritz Randow / drums
- Nico Baretta / drums
- Lenny Mac Dowell / flute
- Amy, Sabine, Anne & Brigitte / vocals

Chronicles Vol. 2: Produced by Frank Bornemann.
- Klaus Peter Matziol / bass
- Hannes Folberth / keyboards
- Hannes Arkona / guitar
- Fritz Randow / drums
- Nico Baretta / drums
- Achim Gieseler / keyboards
- Amy, Jane and Sabine and Annette Stangenberg / vocals

SPV

ELOY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ELOY Chronicles Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 Music

Caroline EMI 2008
Eloy-Time to turn (Original Germany import) m-/m- US $38.99 [0 bids]
ELOY Visionary CD UKRAINE , Moon import US $12.90 Buy It Now 13h 54m
Eloy Visionary (Enh) CD NEW US $15.88 Buy It Now 15h 29m
KRATWERK ' EXCELLER 8 .. Best of ' ORIGINAL 1975 NEAR MINT LP CAN,ENO, ELOY US $25.00 Buy It Now 16h 24m
SUPER ROCK FESTIVAL Vol.2 1979 GERMANY KRAUTROCK 2LP'S CAN, ELOY, SBB, SCORPION US $24.75 Buy It Now 18h 14m
Inside, Eloy, Excellent Import, Original recording remas US $8.27 Buy It Now 18h 40m
Boulez conducts ELOY/POUSSEUR/SCHOENBERG - Ades 15 005 US $30.00 Buy It Now 18h 47m
ELOY - "RA" CD 1988 1st GERMAN PRESS - No UPC - ORIG (SPV # 85-4802) US $24.88 Buy It Now 1 day
ELOY- S/T (VINYL) (JANE, NOVALIS, EPITAPH, Ego on the Rocks) US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Eloy-Planets German prog cd RM US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ELOY -FLOATING GERMANY PROGRESSIVE ROCK 1974 1st PRESS NEAR MINT! a1-b1 matrix US $29.99 [0 bids]
NEW ~ ELOY- INSIDE ~ MUSIC CD US $6.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Eloy - RA on SPV Records LC 7893 German Pressing US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Eloy - Floating on Harvest Records 14C 062 29521 Greek Pressing US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Eloy - Inside on Harvest Records 14C 062 29479 Greek Pressing US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ELOY MARTINEZ & Conjunto Norteno LP Despues De La Muerte SEALED US $21.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Eloy Chronicles I German CD *NEW 1993 ACI Prog/Art Rock Time To Turn Silhouette US $29.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Boulez Conducts Schoenberg Eloy Pousseur Everest US $10.00 [0 bids]
Eloy / Time To Turn US $7.99 [0 bids]
Time to Turn Eloy CD US $12.98 Buy It Now 2 days
ANYONE'S DAUGHTER Adonis Limited Remaster CD YES ELP ELOY 1979 Brain Krautrock US $11.76 [1 bids]
ANYONE'S DAUGHTER Limited Edition Picture Disc PROG YES GENESIS ELOY 1980 Vinyl US $25.22 [0 bids]
Eloy - Time To Turn [CD New] US $10.16 Buy It Now 2 days
ELOY - TIME TO TURN NEW CD US $17.43 Buy It Now 2 days
EGO ON THE ROCKS - ACID IN WONDERLAND - 1993 - ELOY US $55.52 [0 bids]
ELOY - TIME TO TURN [REMASTER] - NEW CD US $7.15 Buy It Now 2 days
Eloy Inside original vinyl lp Krautrock Prog US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Sinitta Aquarius (Hair) Extended / Ol Ol Sav Eloy / Dub 12 Inch Vinyl US $6.75 Buy It Now 2 days
Shamall - 4 CD Set TURN OFF, HUMAN BEHAVIOR etc. for fans of Pink Floyd, Eloy... US $73.94 Buy It Now 3 days
Eloy - Colours [CD New] US $10.19 Buy It Now 3 days
Jean-Claude Eloy, Michel Zbar, Swingle Novae, promo, French import, Mint-minus US $62.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ELOY - COLOURS NEW CD US $17.43 Buy It Now 3 days
Eloy Planets Germany LP FOC OIS US $9.99 [4 bids]
Eloy Silent cries and mighty echoes Germany LP FOC US $9.99 [3 bids]
Eloy Floating Germany LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
Eloy - The Best Of, Volume One The Early Days 1972-1975 - SEALED U.S. cd - RARE! US $27.47 Buy It Now 3 days
Colours Eloy CD US $12.98 Buy It Now 3 days
ELOY**VISIONARY**CD US $12.58 Buy It Now 3 days
Eloy-Dawn German prog cd RM US $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Eloy-Floating-1974-Harvest 1C 062 29 521-Stereo-German Pressing US $19.99 [0 bids]
NEW - Visionary by Eloy US $13.62 Buy It Now 3 days
Eloy - Time To Turn CD US $18.77 Buy It Now 4 days
Eloy - Visionary (Special Edition) (Music CD) US $39.23 Buy It Now 4 days
Eloy - Tides Return Forever (Music CD) US $34.96 Buy It Now 4 days
Melba Montgomery Together Again b/w Eloy Crossing Promo on Capitol 45rpm Record US $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Eloy, Time to Turn, Krautrock, Harvest 1C064-46548, Gatefold US $15.00 [0 bids]
Eloy Bernal - GRACIAS TE DOY SENOR CD US $6.79 Buy It Now 4 days
Eloy Bernal - DEBO MUCHO A MI SENOR CD US $6.79 Buy It Now 4 days
Paulino Bernal - Eloy Bernal DEBO MUCHO A MI SENOR 5063 US $6.79 Buy It Now 4 days
Paulino Bernal - Eloy Bernal GRACIAS TE DOY SENOR CD US $6.79 Buy It Now 4 days
ELOY Pefromance LP RARE PROG PSYCH UK IMPORT US $49.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Eloy - Floating CD US $13.91 Buy It Now 5 days
ELOY - FLOATING [REMASTER] - NEW CD US $7.88 Buy It Now 5 days
ULI JON ROTH-FROM HERE TO ETERNITY,3CDISK SET,LIKE SCORPIONS,URIAH HEEP,ELOY,UFO US $39.99 Buy It Now 5 days
IRON BUTTERFLY - IN A GADDA DA VIDA LP,GREEK PRESS,LIKE KING CRIMSON,ELOY,NEKTAR US $27.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ELOY - Performance - 1983 UK import LP - In Disguise , Fools , Mirador etc US $9.99 [0 bids]
ELOY Power And The Passion / Chronicles I vol.1 RARE Russian CD OOP KING CRIMSON US $9.99 [0 bids]
Eloy-Colours German prog cd RM US $11.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Eloy - Colours CD US $21.89 Buy It Now 6 days
Eloy-Inside German prog cd 3 bonus US $11.99 Buy It Now 6 days
@ CD Echo Park - Pretty Lies PROG AOR ELOY RISING SUN 95 US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Exodus The Most Beautiful Day- Polish symph prog 1980 Eloy Yes Genesis US $7.50 Buy It Now 6 days
ELOY The Tides Return Forever Thai Cassette New Seal US $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Eloy - Chronicles II (Cassette) Russia SEALED US $26.50 Buy It Now 6 days
Eloy - Chronicles I (Cassette) Russia SEALED US $26.50 Buy It Now 6 days
ELOY - OCEAN TURKISH PRESSING RARE US $70.00 Buy It Now 6 days
ELOY ,, time to turn,, CD UK issue US $25.00 Buy It Now 6 days
ELOY LP Wings of Vision - Harvest ST-6482 1970s German Rock Group US $34.75 Buy It Now 6 days
ELOY K.P MATZIOL BASIST OF ELOY Pretty Lies by Echopark (import 1995, Spv) US $9.00 Buy It Now 6 days
ELOY Floating '74 GERMAN HARVEST LP ORIG PROG 1C 064-290 521 rare vinyl A1/B2 NM US $89.00 Buy It Now 6 days
ELOY-Fools/Heartbeat German Prog/Hard 80s Rare 7" US $24.99 Buy It Now 7 days
ELOY - PERFORMANCE [REMASTER] - NEW CD US $7.87 Buy It Now 7 days
ELOY Dawn KOREA CD US $32.99 Buy It Now 7 days
ELOY metromenia ISRAEL ISRAELI LP prog US $50.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Pierre Boulez Conducts the Domaine Musical Ensemble - Schoenberg Eloy SEALED LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Eloy-Ocean German prog cd RM US $11.99 Buy It Now 7 days
ELOY - POWER AND THE PASSION [REMASTER] - NEW CD US $13.91 Buy It Now 8 days
Eloy ex german original A1/B1 LP Floating US $59.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Eloy - Dawn (CD, Jun-2004, Emi) US $14.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Eloy - Power and the Passion (CD, Feb-2000, EMI Music Distribution) REMASTERED US $11.99 Buy It Now 8 days
ELOY OCEAN LP german prog krautrock kraut mythos can '77 orig gatefold emi rare! US $79.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Eloy Rarities German Harvest CD NEW 91 Kraut Daybreak Silhouette Wings Of Vision US $59.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Visionary - Eloy (2010, CD New) US $11.14 Buy It Now 9 days
Visionary Eloy CD US $12.57 Buy It Now 9 days
ELOY - VISIONARY ltd to 1000 OOP pure mint US $99.00 [0 bids]
ELOY - VISIONARY NEW CD US $24.33 Buy It Now 9 days
ELOY lp PERFORMANCE brazil ID# 56287 1984 HARVEST 06446714 NM NM automat77 rare US $29.99 [0 bids]
Floating [Remaster] by Eloy (CD, Feb-2000, Emi) US $8.96 Buy It Now 9 days
Ocean 2 by Eloy (CD, Oct-1998, Bmg/Gun) US $5.17 Buy It Now 9 days
Eloy - Ocean - Cassette, Polish Press US $24.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Eloy - Floating (CD New) US $6.49 Buy It Now 9 days
Floating Eloy CD US $7.87 Buy It Now 9 days
ELOY - S/t - TOP KRAUTROCK 1st LP 1971 NEW LTD REIS w/ orig DUSTBIN CVR artwork! US $40.00 Buy It Now 10 days
ELOY - Chronicles Vol.1 (EU) CD *SEALED* *RARE* US $41.99 Buy It Now 10 days
ELOY - VISIONARY * [763232105621] - NEW CD US $12.87 Buy It Now 10 days
Eloy - Floating [CD New] US $10.89 Buy It Now 10 days
Eloy - Visionary [CD New] US $15.56 Buy It Now 10 days
ELOY - FLOATING NEW CD US $17.43 Buy It Now 10 days
ELOY - ESSENTIAL (IMPORT) NEW CD US $16.26 Buy It Now 10 days
IF Anthology 1970-1972 What Did I Say About The Box Jack? CD Eloy Nektar /Rep'08 US $21.87 Buy It Now 10 days

More places to buy ELOY music online Buy ELOY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ELOY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ELOY Chronicles Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 ratings distribution

ELOY Chronicles Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars Enjoy the groove!

One reason I purchased this boxed set comprising two CDs: it was sold relatively cheap for two CDs package. Eloy had been quite a while in my history of rock music. My first experience with the band was when the album "Planets" was released at the time when all the punk and new wave bands like The Human League, Robert Palmer, Mo, B 52's, Duran Duran were common music to all radio stations in Bandung, West Java, where I took my engineering study. About the same period, Genesis released "abacab", Yes with "90125". Prog was really dead. Planets soon became my favorite choice for my day-to-day rock listening pleasure even though the music is totally different with those from Yes, Genesis. ELP or Pink Floyd. Since then, I started to collect Eloy albums. Not all of them are excellent album but, overall, I enjoy the music.

The key attraction point of Eloy's music is its ambient and groove especially as a result of catchy keyboard work, dynamic drum work and transparent vocals. Throughout its music I can feel pleasant especially with arrays of chords, melodies and music flow. This boxed set covers the band's music history, re-recorded in 1993.

Chronicles I

The CD One starts with the band's classic track from legendary album Ocean (1977) "Poseidon's Creation '93" (11:28). It's really a good decision that this attractive track was put as opener as once the CD is spun, it produces good music groove and rhythm section. The intro part comprises relatively long (approximately 5 minutes) keyboard and guitar exploration augmented with groovy rhythm section combining bass guitar and dynamic drumming. The vocal line enters the music when it's approaching 5th minute. The part when the vocal enters the music is really good and it has a memorable composition. I enjoy this opening track really well as I like the vocal characteristics and the keyboard-based composition. In a similar vein, the music moves into second track "The Apoclypse '93" with, again, good melody and music textures that remind me to symphonic music. I like the part when the music finishes the first lyrical part when organ inserts its sound (approx min 1:40) followed by musical beats and guitar solo. The bass lines are also good. The music sounds like floating with its ambient from guitar and keyboard sounds and tight bass lines.

"Silhouette '93" continues the grooves with upbeat music and unique vocal quality of Frank Bornemann. He also adds nice guitar solo mixed thinly - probably to reduce distorted sound. "Mysterious Monolith" opens with a nice combination between guitar fills and keyboard sound followed with a powerful vocal in this quiet passage. The music flows in a slow tempo with obvious bass guitar work. The keyboard then enters the music smoothly followed with some effects. Bass guitar provides a transition that brings the music into a little bit faster tempo exploring the works of keyboards. Guitar is used as rhythm section. The keyboard exploration in the middle of the track is simple and melodic. The break with bass guitar solo augmented with keyboard sound effects provide a spacey and futuristic nuance.

"Sphinx '93" (6:22) sounds familiar with my ears as I knew this tract for the first time when I purchased "Planets" album. "End of an Odyssey '93" is one of my favorite tracks from Eloy. In fact this was one of candidates to be played on air during my broadcast program in "Saturday Night Rock" last night at local FM radio station. I chose "Through A Somber Galaxy" at the end, from the same album "Time To Turn". It's interesting to have a very long keyboard solo (approx 4 minutes) combined with nice bass lines and drum work. It's very captivating for my ears. It's simple but it's memorable and not boring at all. When vocal line enters at minute 5, the music flows nicely in slow tempo. I do enjoy this track especially during my driving time. It's an excellent track.

Overall, I give a full three stars rating on its songwriting (melody and composition) with good music textures and excellent performance. The vocal line is also excellent.

Chronicles II

The CD Two is relatively weaker than CD One in terms of the tracks compiled. It starts with a straight rocker "Escape to the Heights '94" when the textures that usually were available in CD One, are not so obvious with this CD. First track does not represent something attractive, it's just a plain rock song with a very minimum variation. Next track is even weaker and boring "All Life is One '94" (6:29). Nothing I can really enjoy with this track and it's boring. "Nightriders '94" (4:37) sounds similar thing and it does not attract me to enjoy. It's probably "Voyager of the Future Race '94" (6:28) which bring the music into different kind but it still not picking up yet. "Fire & Ice '94" (5:09 ) is quite OK as well but it's still lacking in composition. "Call of the Wild '94" (7:00) brings the improvement of the music as the sound of flute is added and it has better composition compared to previous 7 tracks.

Overall, Chronicles II scores not more than two stars.

Overall, for the compilation of two CDs I would rather purchase the CD One only because CD Two is very weak in composition as well as performance. I was finally aware that these two CDs were sold separately. But due to the inferiority of Disc Two, the label repackaged the two into one box and sold as one. I don't recommend you to buy this compilation of two CDs. You'd better get the CD One ONLY (Chronicles I).

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

DragonForce "Inhuman Rampage World Tour" Live in Jakarta, May 19, 2007. featuring World's Fastest Metal Guitar Virtuoso. Be there! Or Die!

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#119321) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 22, 2007

Review by kenethlevine
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog-Folk Team
2 stars This is merely a box set featuring the 2 "Chronicles" CDs. In my reviews of "Chronicles 1" and 2 I made it clear that the first was brilliant and worthwhile for almost everyone, while the second was the exact opposite. With that in mind, and given that this pair is simply diluted by "Chronicles 2", the average score of 2.5 stars should be rounded down to underscore how you only really need "Chronicles 1". It is the album with 90% or more of the classic Eloy material, rerecorded to sound fresher and more modern.

Send comments to kenethlevine (BETA) | Report this review (#160684) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 03, 2008

2 stars Stick to the originals. While I have always liked Eloy, they are not what I consider a top flight band. Definetly a second or third tier prog band. Not all of their music really even can be categorized as prog for that matter. But still, a band I enjoy hearing, and far more traditional pro ... (read more)

Report this review (#119451) | Posted by infandous | Monday, April 23, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ELOY "Chronicles Vol. 1 & Vol. 2"