COLOURS CAFFÉ

Buy YESTERDAYS Music
Studio Album, released in 2011

1. Játék (4:18)
2. Forog a tánc (5:16)
3. Námafilm Szvit I. Éjszaka (6:42)
4. Némafilm Szvit II. Némafilm (9:31)
5. Némafilm Szvit III. Mélyrepülés (4:06)
6. Tükör (1:44)
7. Bábu (4:36)
8. Flautoccata (1:33)
9. Megpihensz (2:28)
10. Prelúdium egy esőhöz (1:54)
11. Zápor (10:21) (including a hidden track - 12)

Search YESTERDAYS Colours Caffé lyrics

- Horváth Linda / lead vocals
- Kecskeméti Gábor / flute
- Kolumbán Zoltán / bass guitar

Special guests:

Antal Karola / lead vocals (4, 12), backing vocals (2)
Borlai Gergő / drums (2, 6)
Ercsey Andrea Emese / vocals (4, 9, 12)
Kósa Dávid / percussion (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 11)
Mohai Tamás / guitar solos (2, 7)
Mihai Sorohan / trompet (10)
Stutz Timea / lead vocals (9)
Horváth Hanna / backing vocals (6, 7, 9)

Mastered by Ty Tabor (King's X, Platypus, The Jelly Jam)

Author's Edition 2011, distirbuted by the band, www.rockszerviz.hu and Periferic Records Hungary

Thanks to Katusnya for the addition

YESTERDAYS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YESTERDAYS Colours Caffé Music

THAD JONES & MEL LEWIS - All My Yesterdays - DJ 45 VG++ US $8.55 Buy It Now 49m 44s
JETON - FRED HUNT TRIO - YESTERDAYS - First Audiophile Label - mint like new US $111.00 Buy It Now 58m 45s
JIMMY SWAGGART, God Took Away My Yesterdays NEW SEALED USA LP US $21.99 [0 bids]
EXCELLENT!!! GUNS N' ROSES YESTERDAYS 12" PIC PICTURE DISC (GFSTP 27) US $25.15 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Music On The Brain 1 CD Brand New Underoath Saosin Yesterdays Rising 2004 PUNK US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Yesterdays US $11.73 Buy It Now 1h 44m
FUNK SOUL R&B COMP yesterdays goodies LP VG+ MX 22 United Artists Mono USA 1962 US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 10m
FOUR TOPS - YESTERDAYS DREAMS / ONCE IN MY LIFE - MOTOWN NORTHERN SOUL US $3.50 [0 bids]
Eddie Miller Stomp Mr Henry Lee 78 NM Great Swing Jazz Yesterdays Tenor Sax US $11.95 Buy It Now 3h 30m
Coleman Hawkins, Bu-Dee-Daht/Yesterdays, Apollo 752 US $7.00 Buy It Now 3h 38m
Beatles: Yesterdays by Charles, Steven,0956603890,Abstract Sounds Books Ltd US $40.43 Buy It Now 3h 46m
Jeannie C. Riley "Yearbooks And Yesterdays" LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 55m
NANCY WILSON (CD) "YESTERDAYS LOVE SONGS * TODAYS BLUES" 1991 CAPITOL/BLUE NOTE US $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 32m
Yes Yesterdays 1974 Vinyl LP Record US $4.80 [0 bids]
Shirley Bassey Yesterdays / UA-LA847 US $8.99 Buy It Now 7h 7m
THE POTATOMEN All My Yesterdays -- 12" EP from 1996 on Lookout Records -- VG+ US $5.98 Buy It Now 7h 25m
VINTAGE RECORD ALBUM LP YES YESTERDAYS ATLANTIC SD 19134 JON ANDERSON 1974 US $4.99 [0 bids]
8h
JEANNIE C. RILEY Yearbooks & Yesterdays LP Plantation US $10.05 Buy It Now 8h 33m
YESTERDAYS RISING - WHEN WE SPEAK WE BREATH - NEW CD US $10.05 Buy It Now 8h 51m
YESTERDAYS NEW QUINTET "UNO ESTA" RARE STILL SEALED STONES THROW 20401 US $20.00 [0 bids]
YES Yesterdays LP NM US 1974 ORIGINAL IN SHRINK w/ HYPE STICKER Jon Anderson US $9.98 [0 bids]
When We Speak We Breathe, Yesterdays Rising, Very Good EP US $3.50 Buy It Now 12h 42m
The George Shearing Spell 45 rpm Record EP Cuban Carnival Strange Yesterdays US $6.00 [0 bids]
GUNS N' ROSES Yesterdays & Yesterdays (Live) 7" 45 rpm vinyl record US $9.28 Buy It Now 13h 57m
BURNING BORDERS - YESTERDAYS GONE NEW CD US $27.94 Buy It Now 16h 22m
YES YESTERDAYS LP 504 US $8.99 Buy It Now 20h 5m
Yesterdays Rising - Lightworker JAPAN CD+3Bonus W/OBI #46-1 US $9.99 Buy It Now 20h 13m
PLANTATION RECORDS ALBUM PLP 2 / JEANNIE C. RILEY - YEARBOOKS AND YESTERDAYS US $3.50 Buy It Now 20h 34m
YES-Yesterdays Canadian pressing LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 22h 14m
YESTERDAYS YOUTH - BANNED IN CAP CITY NEW CD US $16.12 Buy It Now 22h 14m
Yes Yesterdays 1974 Porky ARCHIVE MASTER, STEAM CLEANED, A+ SOUND! Original US $37.50 Buy It Now 22h 38m
Yesterdays Goodies LP / V.A. / the clovers - don costa - tune rockers UAL MX 22 US $3.00 Buy It Now 22h 51m
FOUR TOPS Yesterdays Dreams MOTOWN VG++/NM- Stereo US $8.50 Buy It Now 23h 31m
?GUNS N ROSES / yesterdays /JAPAN LTD US $7.99 Buy It Now 23h 51m
Fred Waring Yesterdays Smoke Gets In Your Eyes Decca23728 VG- (45-10507) US $6.49 Buy It Now 1 day
LEW SOLOFF-YESTERDAYS-ORIGINAL STEREO LP, RARE 1986 KING ORIGINAL, INSERT US $29.95 [0 bids]
YES YESTERDAYS atlantic A1B1 UK Lp NEX US $13.41 Buy It Now 1 day
YES~YESTERDAYS~ORIG 1974 UK LP~VG++/VG++~INNER~A2/B1~WAKEMAN~HOWE~PROG US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Keith Jarrett/Gary Peacock/Jack DeJohnette Yesterdays CD US $9.83 Buy It Now 1 day
Guns N Roses - Yesterdays - music cd EP US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
James Last Yesterdays Memories 12 Track Vinyl LP US $8.79 Buy It Now 1 day
MECHANICAL BULL - A Million Yesterdays - RARE 12 Track PROMO CD 2007 US $6.02 Buy It Now 1 day
CHAD STUART & JEREMY CLYDE VINYL 45 LOT TEENAGE FAILURE GOOD YEAR YESTERDAYS US $13.99 [0 bids]
The Bill Davison Six,Circle 78 RPM Record,Yesterdays - LISTEN US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
45 RECORD MICKEY ANDREWS THE OLYMPIC MARCH BEAUTIFUL YESTERDAYS DOBRO SOLO US $2.23 Buy It Now 1 day
LP 102 JIMMY SWAGGART...GOD TOOK AWAY MY YESTERDAYS Classic Gospel LP US $5.25 Buy It Now 1 day
PAUL WESTON Yesterdays/ Under A Blanket Of Blue PROMO 10" 78 Columbia 39511 VG+ US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Shirley Bassey Yesterdays 1978 Vinyl Record Album LP US $14.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Mors Ontologica - Yesterdays Darlings And The Bohemian...- 2 X LP NM Color Vinyl US $10.22 [0 bids]
GATO BARBIERI: Yesterdays-NM1974LP RON CARTER GATEFOLD, FLYING DUTCHMAN PROMO US $12.65 Buy It Now 1 day
Yesterdays [Germany Vinyl Single] [Single] by Guns N' Roses (CD, Jan-2004,... US $39.00 [0 bids]
Promo LP - YES Yesterdays - RECORD MINT - VG+ to NM - DJ Copy - ROGER DEAN 1974 US $17.95 Buy It Now 1 day
ANN BREEM YESTERDAYS MEMORIES CD BRAND NEW & SEALED 0 2 CDS US $13.34 Buy It Now 1 day
SHIRLEY BASSEY CD You Take My Heart Away / Yesterdays NEW BGO UK IMPORT US $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
NORTHERN SOUL ALDORA BRITTON GIVE-DON'T WAIT FOR YESTERDAYS 45 VG+ DECCA US $11.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Four Tops - Yesterdays Dreams - 12" LP Vinyl Record & Jacket US $4.99 [0 bids]
Guns N' Roses - YESTERDAYS Promo CD Single [1991] - Brand New US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CD: KEITH JARRETT/GARY PEACOCK/JACK DEJOHNETTE Yesterdays STILL SEALED New! US $9.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimmy Swaggart rare early gospel piano LP ex shrink God Took Away My Yesterdays US $19.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Yes Yesterdays Vinyl Vintage LP great cond US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
YES / YESTERDAYS 1974 JAPAN W/L PROMO LP w/ OBI US $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
US 69: Yesterdays Folks LP (reissue, w/ Spaced Oddity) Rock & Pop US $14.00 Buy It Now 2 days
V.A.Nova Nu-Soul w/D'Angelo, Mos Def, Yesterdays New Quartet. US $3.95 [0 bids]
Yesterdays US $3.75 Buy It Now 2 days
Yesterdays: Live in Europe by Shelly Manne (CD, Sep-2003, Pablo) US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ELVIS PRESLEY 20 SONGS FOR LOVERS ONLY YESTERDAYS GOLD 15700 YDG PORTUGAL 1987 US $8.99 [0 bids]
CARMEN McRAE-YESTERDAYS jazz LP US $12.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Some Of Our Yesterdays: Anthology,Artist - Fairport Convention, in Good conditio US $4.21 Buy It Now 2 days
RARE Northern Soul 45 "YESTERDAYS' FOOL" Love Devotion & Happiness Johnny Moore US $75.00 Buy It Now 2 days
YES YESTERDAYS SD18103 VG+ PROMOTIONAL DJ COPY US $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Ink Spots Yesterdays EP Parlophone GEP8673 EX/EX 1950s US $27.68 Buy It Now 2 days
Carmen McRae "Yesterdays" LP Record HS11252 (shrink) US $3.95 [0 bids]
AMUSEMENT PARKS ON FIRE Yesterdays Mistakes CD US $27.68 Buy It Now 2 days
FLANAGAN AND ALLEN Yesterdays Dreams UK LP 1981 US $21.81 Buy It Now 2 days
SUPERNATURALS Day Before Yesterdays Man 7" yellow vinyl US $8.39 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimmy Swaggart - God Tookk Away My Yesterdays LP JIM Records IN SHRINK US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CHAD & JEREMY YESTERDAYS GONE LP 784 US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
*** Dick Conte - 1995 Yesterdays Great CD! US $1.75 [0 bids]
The Potatomen- All My Yesterdays 12"EP, The Lookouts, Green Day, Operation Ivy US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
YESTERDAYS BY GLEN MILLER (CD) US $0.99 [1 bids]
Yesterdays [Remaster] by Yes (CD, Sep-1994, Atlantic (Label)) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Guns N' Roses 'Yesterdays' SEALED 1992 U.S. CD Single in white card sleeve #4470 US $11.49 [0 bids]
Yesterdays New Quintet/Breakestra/Mr. Dibbs - Suite For Weldon- EP ('03 STH2055) US $10.22 Buy It Now 2 days
Yes-Yesterdays-LP-Atlantic-SD 18103-Vinyl Record-VG+ US $2.99 [0 bids]
Nat King Cole 22 Love Songs Music Cassette Yesterdays Gold Label US $8.37 Buy It Now 2 days
Yesterdays Voices - Recordings of Great Christian Leaders - Paul Harvey Vinyl LP US $9.98 Buy It Now 2 days
YES - YESTERDAYS - USA CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
G.I. ORANGE:PSYCHIC MAGIC/I DON'T WANT YOUR YESTERDAYS:JAPAN CBS-SONY 7"45 PS US $1.50 [0 bids]
A Shadowplay For Yesterdays US $15.59 Buy It Now 2 days
BOBBY LEWIS: Give Me Your Yesterdays 45 (dj) rare Soul US $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
YES YESTERDAYS 1974 JAPAN CD OBI 2348yen AMCY 1ST PRESS US $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SHIRLEY BASSEY * YESTERDAYS * US $3.99 [0 bids]
Kelly, Elly Yesterdays Dream CD US $8.13 Buy It Now 2 days
CORNERSTONE - ONCE UPON OUR YESTERDAYS - MASSCD374 US $16.29 Buy It Now 2 days
YES yesterdays K50048 A2/B1 early pressing uk atlantic 1974 LP PS EX/EX + inner US $16.43 Buy It Now 2 days
Jackie Trent,Yesterdays,LP US $25.15 Buy It Now 2 days
Fairport Convention - Anthology Some of our yesterdays US $16.76 Buy It Now 2 days
Shirley Bassey(Vinyl LP)Yesterdays-United Artist-UAS 30141-UK-VG+/VG+ US $12.57 Buy It Now 3 days
SHIRLEY BASSEY YESTERDAYS 33 RPM Lp Vinyl Canada pressing~UA-LA847-H US $19.19 Buy It Now 3 days
Daniel ODonnell - Yesterdays Memories (Music CD) US $17.11 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy YESTERDAYS music online Buy YESTERDAYS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YESTERDAYS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

YESTERDAYS Colours Caffé ratings distribution

YESTERDAYS Colours Caffé reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
4 stars 'Colours Caffé' - Yesterdays (7/10)

In the hopes of receiving some international attention for their music, Romanian proggers Yesterdays sent out their music to reviewers around the world. As you would not have guessed; I was one fortunate enough to receive one of their albums at my doorstep. Barring their enigmatic metal scene, I cannot say I am too familiar with the music of Romania, and Eastern Europe for that matter. Regardless, I have enjoyed 'Colours Caffé' for its variety and charm. Yesterdays aren't breaking down any barriers that prog rock didn't already pummel through years ago, but they have an enthusiasm in their sound that sets 'Colours Caffé' a step above your run-of-the-mill prog record.

A minute into listening to 'Colours Caffé', a listener will have a strong idea of what the band is all about. The music is upbeat, with light synths, straightforward rhythms, and a focus on melody that's brought forth strongest by vocalist Bogáti-Bokor Ákos, a singer with a friendly and pleasant voice. To the Western listener, the most exciting element of Yesterdays may be the fact that their lyrics are in Hungarian; although I am used to hearing prog sung in English and Italian, hearing the new language is an interesting experience of its own. The phonetics of the language sung don't always seem to fit the music perfectly, but the optimistic emotions break the language barrier, despite the fact I can't understand a word being said.

If I understand correctly, Yesterdays' first album was more complex, and this is a poppier, more melodic take on their music. Although 'pop' is often an evil word when speaking of progressive rock, Yesterdays' focus on melodies over complex composition works very well. That being said, there are still some fairly adventurous elements to the music of this band. Tracks three through five make up a twenty minute 'epic' of sorts, although only the gorgeous fourth track seems to take the ambition of an epic to heart. 'Nemafilm' is the highlight of this album, although as a whole, the album gets better as it goes on. At the beginning of 'Colours Caffé', the pop elements are most pronounced, but it starts to yield to a couple of surprises along the way. By the end of the album, a listener will have heard some great flute solos, 'vocorder' vocals, and a variety of different tempos and angles from which Yesterdays approaches their music. Nothing is out-of-the-box enough to feel misplaced, but 'Colours Caffé' has enough variety to it to be consistently enjoyable.

Mixed by Ty Tabor of King's X, the production values on this album are quite high, although the way the vocals are recorded sometimes feels plain. Although the album cover implies that Yesterdays are attempting to recreate the 60's and 70's with their music, 'Colours Caffé' is not a totally 'retro' effort. The melodies sound well-planted in modern music. Yesterdays should have a bright future ahead of them if they keep developing their sound, and while I would not yet say they have a unique identity, there is more than enough talent floating around these guys to leave the opportunity wide open.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#604219) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 06, 2012

Review by octopus-4
COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars About two years ago I was very impressed by a song from the Colossus Project's "Dante's Inferno" and up to few days ago it was the only thing that I knew of Yesterdays apart the few info on their bio on PA.

After getting in touch with the band on the forum I have now a digital copy of their new album including the bonus disc included in the Japanese release and both are better than I could have expected.

Reading other's reviews, they are compared to CAMEL and YES and...the opener has effectively a bit of Camel of the Sinclair's period but Linda Horvath's voice is nicer than Latimer's and was also one of the thing which impressed me from Dante's song. Another band that I like very much is AFTER CRYING and this means that I find the Hungarian language very good with symphonic prog. "Jatek" (Play) is a very good song.

"Forog a tánc " (Spin the Dance) has also a bit of YES in the frequent changes of signature and in the choirs even not featuring very high pitched vocals (Jon sings in falsetto, Linda in her natural tones). The band shows an excellent musicianship and the song is very good also as composition. Unfortunately I can't say anything about the lyrics. I use google to translate the tracks titles. This song has a quite chaotic final of mainly drums and guitar.

A good thing is that I can see the influence of CAMEL and YES but only after a more careful listen. My first impression of the album was just "very good". But being a fan of both those classic bands it's clear that Yesterday's music touches the right strings in my ears.

The album proceeds with "Námafilm Szvit " (Movie Suite) that's split into three separated tracks. The first is very melodic with a very good instrumental part on which guitar and keyboards pick up the lead role as in the best LATIMER/BARDENS moments. Add the very good vocals, even the background ones, and this is honestly one of the best new things that I have listened to in the last 12 months, at list in the symphonic subgenre. A very good flute solo closes the first part of the suite. The second part is relaxing and melodic. If it wasn't for the rhythm guitar in the chorus it could even be newage. A song full of warmth in the vocals and in the guitar riff in the central part of the song. Then the guitar fades out leaving room to the flute and the lead vocals, with a piano in the background. It introduces another slow and dreamy section. To be listened with headphones on. A sudden end and the third part begins with congas and string keyboard. The guitar reminds a bit to GILMOUR. The melody, specially in the chorus, is easy. Fans of MOSTLY AUTUMN will surely like it.

"Tükör" (Mirror) is opened by guitar harmonics, then flute and 12 strings (or a mandolin?). Closer to AFTER CRYING but with hints of CARAVAN...and effectively after a sudden stop the wah-wah guitar first, then a flute solo backed by organ sends the listener in a land full of grey and pink. A fantastic song in light Canterbury style, this is what I mean. Very jazzy in the instrumental parts, this is "Bŕbu" (Dummy), one of the many album's highlihts.

"Flautoccata", as the title says, is a Toccata for Flute. But after the long intro Linda starts singing and I think to Renaissance and Mostly Autumn but also Curved Air. Another great moment of symphonic prog.

" Prelúdium egy esőhöz" (Prelude to Rain) is a short piece of trumpet and guitar. It has made me remember the Mark ISHAM's masterpiece "Tibet".

Finally "Zápor! (Showers) as consequence of the prelude to rain...Another melodic and a bit radio-friendly song with a very nice guitar solo, very good as closer. So good that it includes a hidden track: "Kčrdčs" (Ask). A short song of accordion, voice and flute.

Is that all? No! There's a bonus cd that's very different. It starts with "Seven" that 's a song originally on the debut album. I don't have it so I can't compare this version with the original. It may be the same version, too. This song can be compared with the YES of the period of Going For The One but with the flute picking up part of the keyboard duties. This song has English lyrics and a very good instrumental second part. It's followed by two versions of "Hol Vagy" (Where are you?) that has a slow samba rhtyhm. A very relaxing song The second version is just an alternative final. However the classical guitar parts make me think to Phil SHEERAN, another artist that I like.

"Cherrypie" is on the same line. Linda's voice sounds perfect here. Her voice on this song reminds to Eliza Gilkyson on VOLLENWEIDER's Eolian Minstrel. It's a slow samba-fusion song.

Back to prog with "33(Paradiso)". This song has the strong melody and the Supertramp-like piano and tempo that are typical of the last KAYAK. A very good song indeed. "Way Back Home" starts with funky guitar. Here I think is Akos who sings (very good voice, too). A very 70s song with an American flavor, like in the old WISHBONE ASH, even if here there's one guitar only.

"Don't Be Afraid" opens with celtic harp. I immediately thought to CLANNAD, but just few seconds after the samba rhythm and the flute bring me back to 1970 with CARAVAN's "If I could do...", but with Linda's voice adding colour to the grey. A clear remind to CLOSE TO THE EDGE played by the flute is remarkable.

The bonus CD is closed by an alternative version of Bŕbu.

So how to rate it? I'm sorry that we don't have the possibility to rate 4.5 stars. It's very close to be a masterpiece and it's surely an album that will take a lot of time before leaving my playlist. So I'm giving 4 stars but I'm not very generous. The good that Dante's Inferno had let me glimpse was just a little hint of what this band can do. Strong melodies, very good arrangements and a great musicianship. What more can we ask for?

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#622864) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 30, 2012

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
4 stars Good luck staying in a rotten mood after hearing this. Yesterdays was kind enough to send me a copy of Colours Caffé in exchange for a few words. I have listened to this many mornings on the way to work, and it has never failed to lift my spirits, and I have no idea what that European lady is singing. She has a lovely voice (and a face to match if I may be so bold!). This band has an incredible sense of melody and stylish instrumental breaks. I love the keyboardists' choice of tones. Yes' Fly From Here (and becoming a teacher again) brought me out of a three-year funk; Yesterdays' Colours Caffé has helped keep me up there.

"Játék" One of the happiest introductions to an album ever, this peppy song has a Starcastle likeness with quirky synthesizers, punchy bass, and a beautiful voice that drifts in and out.

"Forog a tánc" The catchiest song on the album is this one; I was cheerfully singing it after hearing it once. It bursts in, early Echolyn style with a happy eccentricity, bouncy instrumentation and handclaps to top it off. The flute flutters over heavier guitar lines. The unbridled guitar solo and drumming remind me of IZZ- a good thing, surely.

"Námafilm Szvit I. Éjszaka" The jovial nature of the music takes a break, allowing the band to explore murkier moods. Yet the music still retains a danceable groove and sultry, captivating vocals. Synthesizer and electric guitar trade off leads over an increasing pace. The melody of the refrain is as brilliant as the whistling synthesizer that follows it.

"Némafilm Szvit II. Némafilm" Springy piano begins this second section. The vocals are more restrained, but as lovely as ever. The guitarist does wonderful things with the wah pedal. The middle passage is quiet piano and Mellotron that eases in like a lullaby.

"Némafilm Szvit III. Mélyrepülés" The third part of this piece is an incredible pop rock track that has a most appealing chorus. The drums become quite energetic toward the end.

"Tükör" This merry little tune is centered around acoustic guitar, flute and jovial singing.

"Bábu" Gritty guitar paves the way for a warbling tone. The song becomes jazzy, with a thin 1960s organ sound and dancing flute. At the end, the guitarist shows off some jazz runs.

"Flautoccata" A thick synthesizer booms in, providing a foundation for the woodwinds.

"Megpihensz" Combing Eastern elements with those appealing vocals, this terse track features sparse piano and serene washes of guitar and keyboards.

"Prelúdium egy esőhöz" This next ephemeral work has a moody guitar and a crying trumpet- think 1950s Miles Davis with a clean-picking Adrian Belew. It is one of the most satisfying parts of the album, and I am sad that it wasn't explored further.

"Zápor" That clean electric guitar remains, and the singer delivers an emotional performance. I think this is a good song, but it is not as memorable as what has come before. It does have a fun guitar solo though. I am generally not a fan of long periods of silence to introduce a "hidden track" (still looking at you, Mastodon). After about two minutes of silence, there is an acoustic guitar and flute duet before one final gorgeous vocal performance.

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#741659) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 22, 2012

2 stars YESTERDAYS latest album is a little different from the debut in that the vocals are now all in Hungarian and as others have mentioned this record is even more sugary (happy) than the debut. For me this is a step down from the debut and I wasn't exactly thrilled with that one either.

"Jatek" is uptempo with a beat and synths standing out. Vocals join in as well. Not a fan. "Forog A Tanc" is another energetic track although the tempo does shift back and forth. Some clapping and sampled mellotron too. The guitar is prominant late to end it. "Ejszaka" is the first of a three part suite called "Namafilm Szvit". This is mellow to start as reserved vocals join in. Tasteful guitar and synths replace the vocals as the beat continues. Vocals return after 4 1/2 minutes and the flute comes in late. "Nemafilm" is the second part and almost 10 minutes long. It's mid-paced with vocals but it does pick up as contrasts continue. Guitar and mellotron 3 minutes in. Flute and mellotron 6 1/2 minutes in as it continues to play out with vocals coming and going. "Melyrepules" ends the suite with vocals, guitar and a beat leading the way. Not a fan.

"Tukor" has strummed guitar, flute and a beat as the vocals join in. Yikes ! Not good at all. "Babu" starts out with guitar, synths and a beat as vocals and flute join in. "Flautoccata" is a short piece with flute throughout. "Megpihensz" opens with acoustic guitar as a beat and reserved vocals join in. Piano too. "Preludium Egy Esohoz" is my favourite because we get no vocals and lots of atmosphere with guest trumpet. It sounds nothing like the others. "Zapor" ends it as we get contrasts between the mellow and fuller sections and there is a hidden track as well.

Considering the debut was a low 3 stars for me, I have to give it the fans only rating. Just not the kind of music I enjoy at all.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#758929) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 26, 2012

4 stars If their first album was compared to Camel and Yes, this second CD is more like The Beatles, Jellyfish, Supertramp, but don't get heavy with these comaprisons, it's just the mood maybe, the music is still original Eastern European thing and of course the Hungarian lyrics makes the music more unique ... (read more)

Report this review (#418316) | Posted by Katusnya | Saturday, March 19, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YESTERDAYS "Colours Caffé"