Pete Namlook

- Pete Namlook / electronics
- Gaudi / electronics

FAX +49-69/450464 PW 49

Thanks to clarke2001 for the addition

PETE NAMLOOK MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Collaborate with, learn how to submit new MP3s.

Buy PETE NAMLOOK Re:sonate (with Gaudi) Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
4voice 24voice 2
Russian SpringRussian Spring
Psychonavigation 2016
Air 3Air 3
Ambient World 2003

More places to buy PETE NAMLOOK music online Buy PETE NAMLOOK & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

PETE NAMLOOK Re:sonate (with Gaudi) ratings distribution

PETE NAMLOOK Re:sonate (with Gaudi) reviews

Review by colorofmoney91
4 stars Re:Sonate is a collaboration between the super-prolific Pete Namlook and Gaudi, a man whose name I've never heard before. Judging from the album cover, I had to assume that this album was going to be a mixture of Namlook's ambient cosmic style with Jamaican dub, a genre I've never cared for - it seemed like it would be a good listen. Fortunately, I was right. This album is a banger.

"The 7th Spirit" moves along at a very steady, slow tempo drenched in Namlook's dreamy cosmic ambience with slight accentuations that fade in and out, all backed by an easy and bassy Jamaican dub groove with ethnic percussion. Not much progression, but it is very relaxing and it sounds really "cool".

"NAFK" begins with witchdoctor speech, but sounds German. Besides ethnic percussion and the spoken word segments, this track is purely an affair of airy drones that wave slowly throughout.

"The Sun Won't Set" is another solid Jamaican dub groove with a nice bass line and great ethnic percussion, but this track is more upbeat than the first - about mid-tempo. Also, like the first track, Namlook's cosmic atmosphere sound effects and experimental drones fill the groove nicely, and some light piano playing gives this track a little bit of variety against the first.

I honestly wasn't expecting much from this, giving that I've never heard of Gaudi and that Namlook's discography is massive, but this really was a great listen. I've never been into dub at all, but perhaps this will serve as a good crossover for me. I'd highly recommend this very unique, atmospheric album.

Post a review of PETE NAMLOOK "Re:sonate (with Gaudi)"