SYMMETRICAL

Odd Dimension

Odd Dimension Symmetrical album cover

Buy ODD DIMENSION Music
Studio Album, released in 2011

1. Farewell to the Stars (6:59)
2. Rising Through Light (6:01)
3. The Ecstasy of Hopes (6:18)
4. Another Shore (6:21)
5. The Day Meets the Night (6:33)
6. Light Speed Journey (8:56)
7. I'll Be Back Once More (6:25)

Total playing time 47:33

Federico Pennazzato - Drums
Max Capra - Keyboards

Full-length, Scarlet Records
March 22nd, 2011

Thanks to J-Man for the addition
and to andyman1125 for the last updates

ODD DIMENSION MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ODD DIMENSION Symmetrical Music

SymmetricalSymmetrical
Scarlet Records 2011

More places to buy ODD DIMENSION music online Buy ODD DIMENSION & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ODD DIMENSION DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ODD DIMENSION Symmetrical ratings distribution

ODD DIMENSION Symmetrical reviews

Review by J-Man
3 stars Italian prog metal band Odd Dimension has been around for almost a decade, but 2011 finally saw the release of their debut full-length album, Symmetrical. Odd Dimension doesn't have the most groundbreaking sound in the world, but their talent as musicians is impeccable and the songwriting department is often excellent as well. I can't consider Odd Dimension's debut to be essential, but it's surely above average and promising. If they can further expand upon the formula they've created here, I can sense an excellent sophomore album coming from this direction. Symmetrical is ultimately a good listen for all prog metal fans, even if it does little to stand out from the competition.

Symmetrical is progressive metal with nods in the direction of Fates Warning, Dream Theater, and Vanden Plas. Odd Dimension adds a few symphonic metal influences that keep them from being a complete "clone" band, though. Even though they may not be the most adventurous act out there, Odd Dimension delivers progressive metal in a top-notch fashion. Despite a few compositions that fail to capture me, the vast majority of the album is extremely enjoyable. My favorite track is probably "I'll Be Back Once More" which features some excellent vocals from Manuel Candiotto and great synth lines from Max Capra. The rest of the music is very good, albeit fairly standard, progressive metal. Odd Dimension is a professional band, and the musicianship is phenomenal throughout Symmetrical. Unfortunately, one of my biggest gripes with the album is the production, which sounds somewhat muffled and has a few technical hiccups. A better sound would've improved my overall experience significantly.

Symmetrical is a very good, sometimes even great, debut from Odd Dimension that I'd recommend fans of prog metal in the Dream Theater camp to check out. These Italian lads will have to work out a few issues if they really want to amaze me with their next album, but this is still a promising and highly enjoyable effort. Symmetrical isn't an essential release, but I've had a fun time listening to it so 3.5 stars are warranted here. I'm hopeful for the future of Odd Dimension!

Send comments to J-Man (BETA) | Report this review (#434207) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 15, 2011

3 stars Debut album from Italian pompous power metal proggers. From your "pompous power" father you've got over-the-top vocals, bone- crunching production, vaguely fantasy lyrics and straight forward rhythm section. From prog mother - hyperactive keys and ever-morphing melodic lines and song structures. ... (read more)

Report this review (#1009867) | Posted by Progrussia | Friday, August 02, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ODD DIMENSION "Symmetrical"