THEUSZ HAMTAAHK - TRILOGIE

Essential: a masterpiece of
progressive rock music

Buy MAGMA Music
Live, released in 2001

1. Theusz Hamtaahk 1er mouvement : Theusz Hamtaahk (35:00)

1. Malaẁlkaahm
6. T L L / i D W
7. S Lah Maahr Donsa
8. Slibenli Dh Theusz
9. Zortsng

2. Theusz Hamtaahk 2er mouvement : Ẁurdah tah (48:36)

1. Malaẁlkaahm
6. Ẁohldnt Mim Dẁlss
7. Ẁainsaht!!!
8. Ẁlask Steuhn Kobaa
9. Shnntht Dros Ẁurdah Sms
10. C'est la vie qui les a mens l!
11. k Sn Da Zss
12. De Zeuhl ndazr

3. Theusz Hamtaahk 3er mouvement : Mkank Dstruktẁ Kmmandh (48:51)

1. Hortz Fur Dhn Stekhn Ẁest

- Gabriel Federow / guitar
- Didier Lockwood / violin
- Stella Vander / vocals

Seventh A29-31

and to SaltyJon for the last updates

MAGMA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MAGMA Theusz Hamtaahk - Trilogie Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Riah SahiltaahkRiah Sahiltaahk
Felicite ThoszFelicite Thosz
KohntarkoszKohntarkosz
Udu WuduUdu Wudu
Seventh Records 2013
Kohntarkosz Anteria K.A.Kohntarkosz Anteria K.A.
Seventh Rec 2013
Emehntehtt-ReEmehntehtt-Re
Imports 2014

More places to buy MAGMA music online Buy MAGMA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MAGMA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MAGMA Theusz Hamtaahk - Trilogie ratings distribution

MAGMA Theusz Hamtaahk - Trilogie reviews

4 stars This is the first complete "Theusz Hamtaahk" trilogy to be released in one package. In this case a 3 cd box set.This was recorded live in 2000 during their 30th anniversary concerts. It's basically the same lineup that would record "K.A." the following year.This is very highly rated by the fans. RYM site has it tied for first with "Retrospektiw I-II" as the highest rated MAGMA album while the Gnosis site has it in second after "Live / Hhai". For me it's an excellent live recording but i'd rate a few other live MAGMA albums above it. I think fans of "K.A." though will fall over themselves at how good this is.

Disc One is the "Theusz Hamtaahk" suite that was composed by Christian Vander between 1970 and 1973.This is the most stripped down lineup (8) that did these three compositions. Pretty much all of these tracks blend into one another.The chanting is certainly the prominant feature of this lineup much like that 1973 lineup that did "MDK". And it is pretty amazing to listen to the five singers (on this disc) work it up into a frenzy at times. Drums, piano and bass standout the most after the vocals.

Disc Two features a 10 member lineup and again the songs blend into one another making this come across as one long suite.This is the "Wurdah Itah" suite composed by Christian Vander in 1971.

Disc Three is the "MDK" suite and it boasts the largest lineup of 14 people and it's the only one with horns (trumpets & trombones).This suite was originally composed by Christian Vander in 1972 and is no doubt the most well known of the three.The "Nebeha Gudahtt" track is my favourite part of this compilation. It opens with a Bussonet bass solo and the crowd cheers wildly after 1 1/2 minutes but he keeps going then it all picks up after 2 minutes. Nice.The drums join in then Mac Gaw on the guitar. It's building. So good ! Electric piano from Borghi joins in as the guitar rips it up.Vocals after 6 minutes. How good is this ! It blends into "Mekanik Kommandoh" my second favourite piece on here.

For those of you who rate "K.A." as your favourite MAGMA studio album I would hunt this down at all costs. If your like me and don't have "K.A." in your top five of favourite MAGMA studio albums then it may not be worth the expense.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#503221) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 14, 2011

Review by Warthur
5 stars After a long hiatus, Magma return with their most ambitious live album yet, compiled from a series of live performances of the classic Theusz Hamtaahk trilogy - which includes the classic-era Magma pieces Wurdah Itah and Mekanik Destruktiw Kommandoh. Whilst many Magma fans will already have decent live versions of all three movements in this sequence, this live set is unique in that it presents a single lineup of Magma performing the entire trilogy as part of a cohesive concert experience.

Thus, whilst the individual renditions of the three movements may or may not be the absolute best available (and they're certainly in the running), over the three-disc set they come together to form a cohesive whole far more readily than any cobbled-together compilation of performances of the movements from different points in time by differing Magma lineups would. Now to hope that the band give the Kohntarkosz trilogy the same treatment...

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#639528) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 23, 2012

Review by GruvanDahlman
4 stars Whatever your opinion, not one can say that Magma treads a path travelled by many. In progressive rock there are many a genre and direction but, however, few bands can honestly claim to be all that unique. (By "unique" I mean a sound that is only yours and where similarities to others are in abscense.) Ideas and inspirations are traded frequently and that is good. Magma are, on the other hand, a band which (nigh on) never took the path down the more walked upon soil in the land of Prog. They have maintained their sound and identity through out the ages and continue to do so. There is really no other band like them. That can be for better or worse but at least they are intriguing and genuinely groundbreaking.

My first venture into Magma was by way of their first, the self-titled one from 1970. Now there was something of a shock. I had never really heard anything like it but I loved it nevertheless. The rest is history, really. I cannot claim to have been able to squeeze myself into all of the music in the way I have done with some other bands. To enjoy Magma you need to give it time. This is not Music for the faint hearted. The chanting and terrifying (I cannot describe it in any other fashion) musical landscape can be frightening but all the more rewarding therefore.

This box is a collection of Three suites recorded in the year of 2000, though written way back in the early 70's. The first suite, Theusz Hamtaahk, is a really stripped down performance. The bass is in the foreground, as often with Magma, along with Vander's Amazing drumming. At times one do understand the power of chanting in what we like to call "primitive" cultures, being the gateway to connecting with the gods. It is really out of this World.

The second disc is a rendition of Wrdah tah. Again, so well played and conducted. Just like with Theusz Hamtaahk the songs blend into one Another making it a really long piece of Music, flowing seamlessly together.

The third disc is probably Magma's most famous work: Mkanik Dstruktiw Kmmandh. Again, this was recorded way back in 1973 but the live version on this box is really outstanding. I have Always loved MDK, hailing it as one of prog's greatest efforts. Though I am not normally partial to live renditions, I have to say that this is magnificent and a real treat. There are certainly othe live offerings of this suite but I think this just a tiny bit more interesting, It sounds different and why shouldn't it? Nigh on 30 years after the album was released, why wouldn't it sound slightly altered? Again, Magma is an entity of it's own and though basking in their own sun of Zeuhl they do transform within their own universe.

When all is said and done, how am I going to rate this box, then? I guess for newcomers this box could be a good place to start but I would recommend the original MDK from 1973. On the other hand this album shows off Magma's larger than life persona in the grandest of ways. I hold this box as something of a favorite in the canon of Magma and it showcases the band at it's best. (It's peak would be almost insane to write since they've almost been at the peak all through their career. I will not mention Merci in this Review, though I just did.) So, based on the sum of Everything I have to give this box four stars. It is brilliant, challenging and utterly rewarding. Great progressive music from the masters of Zeuhl.

Send comments to GruvanDahlman (BETA) | Report this review (#1266733) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 03, 2014

5 stars This is a fantastic and ambitious live project, containing more or less the equivalent of three symphonies of music performed over two nights. And Magma pulled it off brilliantly. This was my introduction to Theusz Hamtaahk (Time of Hatred), which is a fantastic piece of work that stands up qui ... (read more)

Report this review (#226617) | Posted by ods94065 | Tuesday, July 14, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars All I can say is : please, have a listen to this triple live album, it's really magnificent ! The entirety of the Theusz Hamtaahk trilogy (Theusz Hamtaahk, Wurdah Itah, Mekanik Destruktiw Kommandh), 132 minutes of pure zeuhl. If you're not familiarized with this kind of music, this live collect ... (read more)

Report this review (#164043) | Posted by Zardoz | Sunday, March 16, 2008 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Being a collector with special interest in progressive rock, and after having listened to more than 100 albums of progressive rock through the last 20 years, I find that Magma and Theusz Hamtaakh is one of the most important contributions to progressive rock as a musical style. Any fan of ... (read more)

Report this review (#44192) | Posted by | Thursday, August 25, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MAGMA "Theusz Hamtaahk - Trilogie"