DICK AROUND

Sparks Dick Around album cover

Buy SPARKS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2006

1. Dick Around (3:49)
2. (Baby Baby) Can I Invade Your Country (Alternate Lyrics) (6:36)
3. Happy Hunting Ground (live) (4:33)
4. Bon Voyage (live) (4:53)
5. In The Future (live) (2:17)
6. Interview Of Sparks By Steve Jones Of Jonesey's Jukebox (6:44)

Bonus:
Dick Around (CD-ROM Track)
Perfume (CD-ROM Track)

- Steve McDonald / additional bass

Released: February, 2006
Label: Gut Records

Thanks to Rune2000 for the addition

SPARKS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPARKS Dick Around Music

Import · Remastered
Repertoire 2000
1212" Mixes
Oglio Records 1999
Sparks: Beat The Clock / Tryouts For The Human Race 7" 45 NM Canada Elektra US $5.99 Buy It Now 35m 44s
Sparks Tori - Until Morning Come Out Of The Dark LP Vinyl Record US $23.83 Buy It Now 46m 38s
BARRY SPARKS - GLIMMER OF HOPE - NEW CD US $46.20 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Sparks Propaganda 11 Track Japanese Cd US $22.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
SAGSAG23/RHYTMSTORM/SPARKS - Old Skull 12 - 12" US $16.98 Buy It Now 2h
SPARKS - A BIG SURPRISE RARE YUGO PRESS 7"PS 1978 US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Maylay Sparks - Graymatter - CD - 12Tracks US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 8m
SPARKS & JANE WIEDLIN Cool Places 45 rpm PICTURE SLEEVE Atlantic 1983 New Wave US $6.95 Buy It Now 3h 51m
BUBBZ & SPARKS, BE EASY, 7" SINGLE. US $6.41 Buy It Now 3h 53m
Graham Parker Squeezing Out Sparks + Live AUTOGRAPHED CD BEAUTIFULLY SIGNED NICE US $24.77 Buy It Now 4h 23m
SPARKS When Do I Get to Sing "My Way" Logic Maxi Single US $11.99 Buy It Now 4h 39m
SPARKS / AMATEUR HOUR / 1974 7" ISLAND PINK RIM US $4.79 Buy It Now 4h 41m
SPARKS When I Kiss You Logic Maxi Single sax & violins US $11.99 Buy It Now 4h 42m
SPARKS PULLING RABBITS OUT OF A HAT vinyl LP 1984 RCA NM/EX new wave 80s synth US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 2m
AGENT SPARKS Not So Merry CD US $8.02 Buy It Now 5h 30m
SPARKS Something For the Girl With Everything UK 7" US $4.01 Buy It Now 5h 34m
THE SPARKS Something For The Girl Who Has Everything 7" Vinyl US $4.81 Buy It Now 5h 40m
ROYKSOPP Sparks CD US $8.02 Buy It Now 5h 42m
SPARKS Never Turn Your Back on Mother Earth 7" vinyl US $3.93 Buy It Now 5h 42m
SPARKS Now That I Own the BBC maxi single Mael import 2 US $11.99 Buy It Now 5h 55m
JOHN PATTON "Soul Connection" LP NM-M/VG 1983, Grachan Moncur III, Melvin Sparks US $24.99 Buy It Now 6h 2m
SPARKS Indiscreet CD Island bonus tracks Mael import 2 US $13.99 Buy It Now 6h 17m
Clinton Sparks and Eminem : Anger Management 3 CD (2006) US $13.23 Buy It Now 6h 20m
MELVIN SPARKS with HANK CRAWFORD "Tight" (1996, OUT OF PRINT) US $7.00 Buy It Now 6h 30m
Groove on Up * by Melvin Sparks *New CD* US $13.90 Buy It Now 6h 34m
Sparks Fly Upward by Batzz in the Belfry (CD, 2006, Batzz in the Belfry) US $8.23 Buy It Now 6h 39m
Agent Sparks : Red Rover CD (2006) US $4.24 Buy It Now 6h 40m
SPARKS UK 1994 6 MIX CD Single When Do I Get To Sing My Way 234462 MINT US $6.40 Buy It Now 6h 48m
SPARKS UK 1995 CD Single WHEN I KISS YOU I Hear Charlie Parker Playing 26426.2 US $4.79 Buy It Now 6h 48m
Sparks, (2 LPs), No Secrets. 1 in Heaven & Introducing, Both NM/EX-1977-79 US $28.95 Buy It Now 6h 49m
Beachwood Sparks [CD New] US $11.80 Buy It Now 6h 52m
Sparks-beat the clock.7" US $6.41 Buy It Now 6h 53m
Lot of 3 American Idol CD's Carrie Underwood,Jordin Sparks and 1 One Direction US $9.98 Buy It Now 7h 4m
ATLANTIC 12" SINGLE, PROMO, SPARKS, I PREDICT, DMD 325, 33 RPM US $9.50 Buy It Now 7h 43m
SPARKS - KIMONO MY HOUSE - REMASTERED CD ALBUM + BONUS TRACKS - MINT US $8.00 Buy It Now 8h
SPARKS - INDISCREET - REMASTERED CD ALBUM + BONUS TRACKS - MINT US $8.00 Buy It Now 8h
ROCK SYNTH POP/ Sparks - Big Beat (LP) US $7.99 Buy It Now 8h
ROCK SYNTH POP/ Sparks - Music That You Can Dance To (LP) US $23.99 Buy It Now 8h 4m
SPARKS - The calm before the storm - UK Promo CD single US $3.19 Buy It Now 8h 5m
Orbiter : Sparks on a String CD (2002) US $7.46 Buy It Now 8h 6m
SPARKS Dick Around CD Gut single interview Ron Mael US $11.99 Buy It Now 8h 13m
POWER POP ROCK/ Graham Parker And The Rumour - Squeezing Out Sparks (LP) US $7.99 Buy It Now 8h 18m
RADIO STARS From a rabbit 7" vinyl record single sparks & johns children related US $1.59 [0 bids]
(CD) SPARKS - Sparks In Outer Space / Germany Import / CMP 62008 US $29.99 Buy It Now 8h 32m
NOS (PS) SPARKS....I PREDICT US $8.00 Buy It Now 8h 41m
1 CENT CD Jordin Sparks - Jordin Sparks US $0.01 [1 bids]
Rasheed aka Maylay Sparks Half Da Story Mixtape CD Last Emperor Dilated Peoples US $6.99 Buy It Now 8h 50m
SPARKS**EXOTIC CREATURES OF THE DEEP**CD US $16.79 Buy It Now 9h 5m
LARRY SPARKS - 40 [LARRY SPARKS] - NEW CD US $11.61 Buy It Now 9h 10m
SPARKS this town ain't big enough for both of us 7" b/w barbecutie (wip6193) uk US $8.40 Buy It Now 9h 24m
Sparks EXTENDED 12 Inch Mixes 1979-84 REMASTERED 17 Tracks New Sealed 2 CD US $16.99 Buy It Now 9h 30m
Larry Sparks: Brand New Broken Heart / Kentucky Chimes 45 - Bluegrass US $7.00 Buy It Now 9h 38m
SPARKS**BIG BEAT (REMASTERED WITH BONUS MATERIAL)**CD US $11.79 Buy It Now 9h 39m
SPARKS USA '75 Island DJ 7" 45 LOOKS LOOKJS LOOKS rare promo US $13.50 Buy It Now 9h 46m
GLEAMING SPIRES sealed Songs of the Spires LP/Posh Boy/SPARKS US $19.98 [0 bids]
ATL-80160 SPARKS Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat OOP NEW 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $8.99 [0 bids]
RNOR-70410 SPARKS So Important OOP NEW 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $4.99 [0 bids]
10h
RNOR-70841 SPARKS Interior Design OOP NEW 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $9.99 [0 bids]
10h
MCA-5780 SPARKS Music That You Can Dance To OOP NEW 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $9.99 [0 bids]
10h
GLEAMING SPIRES sealed Party aka Funk For Children EP/Posh Boy/SPARKS US $19.98 [0 bids]
NEW Introducing Sparks by Sparks CD (CD) US $22.24 Buy It Now 10h 6m
RANDY SPARKS - THE BIG NIGHT - ROCKABILLY - RARE NEAR MINT VERVE 45 RPM RECORD US $100.00 Buy It Now 10h 9m
20th CENTURY BOYS tribute JAPAN CD T.REX SPARKS JOE WALSH CHRIS REA GRAND FUNK US $5.99 [0 bids]
LP/VINYL-BLITZ "Various Artists" 1981 RCA New Wave Bow Wow Wow Sparks Polyrock US $25.98 Buy It Now 10h 24m
THE NEW CHRISTY MINSTRELS EXCITING NEW FOLK CHORUS RANDY SPARKS LP 2 EYE MONO US $11.99 Buy It Now 10h 30m
MINTON SPARKS-PERFORMING LIVE AT THE STATION INN-NASHVILLE-RARE CD-NEW-2010-13T US $3.00 Buy It Now 10h 38m
Tupolev - Towers Of Sparks [CD New] US $20.53 Buy It Now 10h 46m
Jim Sparks Crying Like I Do 7" vinyl 45 rpm PRIVATE US $12.00 Buy It Now 11h
SPARKS**INDISCREET (REMASTERED W/BONUS MATERIAL)**CD US $11.79 Buy It Now 11h 3m
BEACHWOOD SPARKS**TARNISHED GOLD**CD US $14.85 Buy It Now 11h 6m
Yellow Red Sparks [CD New] US $11.98 Buy It Now 11h 7m
SIXTEEN DELUXE-EMITS SHOWERS OF SPARKS-RARE U.S.ADVANCE PROMO CD-16-1998-FULL CD US $3.00 Buy It Now 11h 10m
SPARKS**NO. 1 IN HEAVEN**CD US $16.79 Buy It Now 11h 17m
SPARKS: History Of Sparks (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $25.00 Buy It Now 11h 18m
MIRANDA COSGROVE**SPARKS FLY (DELUX VERSION)**CD US $12.88 Buy It Now 11h 32m
CLINTON SPARKS i wanna dance 12" Mint- CS001 Vinyl Record US $11.25 Buy It Now 12h
Sparks Gratuitous Sax & Senseless Violins CD Synthpop 1995 US $3.99 [0 bids]
SPARKS JAPAN MINI KIMONO MY HOUSE SHM-CD US $45.00 [0 bids]
RADIO STARS songs for swinging lovers LP wik5 uk chiswick '77 sparks jet john's US $26.00 Buy It Now 13h 28m
45 Record RANDY SPARKS - THESE THOUSAND HILLS - NM US $14.50 Buy It Now 13h 35m
Sparks : Pulling Rabbits Out of a Hat [Us Import] CD (1998) US $10.00 Buy It Now 13h 55m
RUBEN WILSON-the cisco kid-CURTIS MAYFIELD--melvin sparks-canada VG++ US $8.59 [0 bids]
Agent Sparks Red Rover NEW ships Fast not a promo combined shipping US $3.99 [0 bids]
Sparks Fly - Miranda Cosgrove New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $12.25 Buy It Now 14h 44m
WOODSTAR - COLD COLD HEART / LIFE SPARKS RED FLAME / LOVE THAN HATE (CD Single) US $1.59 Buy It Now 14h 52m
SOUNDS 1985 AUG 3 ROBERT CRAY ZZ SPARKS TIN TIN DUFFY US $14.41 Buy It Now 14h 58m
Battlefield by Jordin Sparks (CD, Jul-2009, Jive (USA)) US $4.99 Buy It Now 16h
PRINCE Delirious 12" LP 33rpm SPARKS philippines MADONNA Everybody DEVO US $89.99 Buy It Now 16h 5m
Jordin Sparks - Self-titled (CD, Nov-2007) FAST SHIP US $4.38 Buy It Now 16h 44m
TREVOR SPARKS* JUST ONCE * GYAS - 12" US $14.99 Buy It Now 16h 45m
THE LOTUS EATERS SOUL IN SPARKS ARISTA 45 IMPORT US $5.00 Buy It Now 17h 4m
TELEX SEX '81 oop rare lp orig pvc8910 w/lyrics by SPARKS electronic new wave!! US $39.00 Buy It Now 17h 27m
FOUR SPARKS: My Sweet Juanita (vocal groups vinyl 45) US $18.00 Buy It Now 17h 51m
KYLIE MINOGUE LIMITED INTO THE BLUE SOLD OUT 7" VINYL 2 TRACK SPARKS NEW MINT US $10.00 [0 bids]
18h
SPARKS, LARRY the footsteps of tradition VG/M- JAPAN LAX(KB)6004 | 14-0124-010 US $21.99 Buy It Now 18h 48m
SPARKS, LARRY where the sweet waters flow VG/G USA OHS90035 | 14-0122-050 US $16.99 Buy It Now 18h 48m

More places to buy SPARKS music online Buy SPARKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPARKS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPARKS Dick Around ratings distribution

SPARKS Dick Around reviews

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars Imagine that it's early 2006, it's been over 3 years since the magnificent Lil' Beethoven and you get the news that Sparks are coming back to Stockholm as a part of their tour supporting a new album release! That was, at least, the situation I was in right around that time and it was both a moment of great joy and uncertainty on my part. The band's new studio album Hello Young Lovers was not yet released here in Sweden which made it seem that I would, once again, have to see a Sparks live performance without actually having heard the new release. Well, I wasn't going to take it lying down!

The only legal way to go around the issue was to purchase the single of Dick Around, which actually had an earlier release than the studio album. I ordered the single not realizing that it would actually be an EP, so imagine my great surprise once I got the package in the mail. From what I can tell, this was the first time that Sparks released an expanded single, which made this release even more special.

The disc contains six music tracks and two CD-ROM bonuses. The first two compositions are the single version Dick Around and alternative version of (Baby Baby) Can I Invade Your Country. I'm actually one of the few people who happens to prefer the single version of Dick Around since it keeps a more even flow. The album version is two minute longer and features a prolonged bridge that kind of ruins the mood for me since it shifts gears in comparison to the rest of the composition.

I also found the alternative lyrics version of (Baby Baby) Can I Invade Your Country to be very interesting since it shows that Sparks were uncertain whether they wanted to release this somewhat controversial track in it's current form but ultimately still did! As you might know, the studio version consists of the US nation anthem lyrics during the verses and chorus consists of the lyrics "Can I invade your country, oh baby baby" that are put on repeat. It had an undeniable political message to it about the state of US foreign politics of its time and I'm sure the song would have sparked controversy have it been released as a proper stand alone single. It's interesting how music of a differences these alternative lyrics do make since the only proper way I can interpret this version is assuming that it's a love song of a sorts(?).

The rest of the release is filled with three live tracks of old '70s classics and a hilarious interview. Happy Hunting Ground and In The Future are easily the best tracks off the very uneven album Indiscreet and Bon Voyage is off the great Propaganda. These performances clearly show that the Mael brothers are still great live performers since these compositions sound just as vibrant as they did back in the day.

The final track is a loose interview of the brothers conducted by Steve Jones, of Sex Pistols fame, and I use the word interview lightly! In retrospect, this is a great EP very well worth having.

***** star songs: Dick Around (3:49)

**** star songs: (Baby Baby) Can I Invade Your Country (Alternate Lyrics) (6:36) Happy Hunting Ground (live) (4:33) Bon Voyage (live) (4:53) In the Future (live) (2:17) Interview Of Sparks By Steve Jones of Jonesey's Jukebox (6:44)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#450584) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 21, 2011

Post a review of SPARKS "Dick Around"