HEROES FOR GHOSTS

Experimental/Post Metal

The Gathering Heroes For Ghosts album cover

Buy THE GATHERING Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2011

1. Heroes for Ghosts (10:57)

Search THE GATHERING Heroes For Ghosts lyrics

Search THE GATHERING Heroes For Ghosts tabs

- Frank Boeijen / keyboards
- Marjolein Kooijman / bass
- Hans Rutten / drums
- René Rutten / guitars
- Silje Wergeland / vocals.
- Guests: Jos van den Dungen / violin and viola

Additional recordings at Studio 2
Engineered by René Rutten
Mixed by Guido Aalbers at GieSound
Mastered by Paul Matthijs Lombert at The Mastering Factory
Free for download at: http://thegathering.bandcamp.com/track/heroes-for-ghosts

Thanks to tupan for the addition

THE GATHERING MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE GATHERING Heroes For Ghosts Music

AfterwordsAfterwords
Psychonaut Holland 2013
If Then ElseIf Then Else
ICAR 2006
LP Record - Bill and Gloria Gaither - album: "Alleluia!" - A Praise Gathering" US $1.49 [0 bids]
Gathering Of Flowers - The Anthology Of The Mamas & The Papas US $23.88 Buy It Now 2h 14m
ILLEGAL GRINDING "International Grindcore Gathering" (Grindcore/Goregrind Comp) US $8.00 Buy It Now 3h 7m
Fumio Karashima Isao Suzuki George Otsuka Trio GATHERING CD SEALED Remastered US $42.25 Buy It Now 3h 50m
KILLING JOKE - 25TH GATHERING LET US PREY (UK) NEW CD US $19.57 Buy It Now 4h 10m
GATHERING - WEST POLE NEW CD US $8.91 Buy It Now 4h 20m
Various Artist Elko! A Cowboys Gathering CD US $19.95 Buy It Now 4h 30m
[B40] Limited Edition Colin Hay Gathering Mercury CD, Deluxe Version! US $18.53 Buy It Now 5h 18m
Simon Kelly - Gathering Tribes - CD (AMPER001 MGM) US $23.21 Buy It Now 5h 25m
Arctic Refuge: Gathering of Tribes US $4.00 Buy It Now 5h 29m
ARBOURETUM - GATHERING (MINI LP SLEEVE) NEW CD US $22.22 Buy It Now 6h 11m
Gathering Mandylion CD US $12.22 Buy It Now 6h 30m
LETTER X TIME OF THE GATHERING LP TEST PRESS SPV ACCEPT UDO US $10.90 [1 bids]
Gathering Of Champions - Winners Circle (1996) - Used - Compact Disc US $10.65 Buy It Now 7h 8m
@ CD-single The Gathering - Adrenaline/ Leaves + 2 CENTURY MEDIA 1996- 77135-2 US $12.99 Buy It Now 8h 43m
GATHERING OF NATIONS POW WOW - SACRED JOURNEY NEW CD US $19.57 Buy It Now 9h
James Shand - Glengarry Gathering/Lochaber Gathering - Beltona - BL2447 - VG+ US $5.00 [0 bids]
THE GATHERING CD Almost A Dance - 1st Press 1993 US $10.95 Buy It Now 9h 44m
The Gathering - How to Measure a Planet? ( DOUBLE CD ) US $7.99 Buy It Now 9h 57m
Bill & Gloria Gaither and Friends - A Praise Gathering (RARE BRAND NEW CD) US $24.99 Buy It Now 10h 2m
West Pole - Gathering New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $19.51 Buy It Now 10h 12m
Dolly Parton LP New Harvest ... First Gathering 1977 VG++/M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 37m
Gathering, The - Nighttime Birds USA CD C119 US $3.99 Buy It Now 11h 9m
The Gathering - Downfall (CD, 2009, 2 Discs) US $5.85 Buy It Now 11h 30m
INFECTED MUSHROOM The Gathering GOA TRANCE CD NEW US $49.90 Buy It Now 12h 18m
The Gathering "DISCLOSURE" NEW VINYL 12" anathema alcest ulver my dying bride US $29.99 [0 bids]
KATATONIA "ghost of the sun" promo anathema ulver the gathering opeth US $19.99 [0 bids]
Freak of Nature-Gathering of Freaks hard rock cassette MC new,unplayed ×LISTEN × US $6.90 [0 bids]
City on a Hill: Gathering, City on the Hill, Good US $3.98 Buy It Now 12h 41m
Gathering Of Nations Pow Wow - Sacred Journey [CD New] US $15.97 Buy It Now 13h 22m
COLIN HAY - GATHERING MERCURY (LTD) NEW VINYL US $30.98 Buy It Now 13h 28m
GODSKITCHEN- Global Gathering, The Best of Summer Clubbing 3-CD DJ Tiesto/Trance US $6.83 Buy It Now 13h 46m
Global Gathering US $4.43 Buy It Now 13h 46m
LP ISRAEL JAZZ FOLK W. SITAR NATURAL GATHERING IN A LIVE PERFORMANCE HED-ARZI 79 US $29.00 [0 bids]
GATHERING - HOME (IMPORT) NEW CD US $19.17 Buy It Now 14h 40m
PENUMBRA-THE LAST BEWITCHMENT-CD-the gathering-gothic US $14.99 Buy It Now 14h 40m
Downfall 2 CD Set The Gathering NEW Gothic Heavy Metal Rock RARE BONUS US $12.00 Buy It Now 15h 9m
Downfall * by Gathering (CD, Jan-2009,2 Discs, Vic Records) NEW SEALED US $5.00 [0 bids]
bubble puppy a gathering of promises cd sealed US $49.99 [0 bids]
Gathering at the Earl of Old Town 1970 Stereo LP US $17.99 Buy It Now 16h 43m
Clannad...A Magical Gathering...The Clannad Anthology....DOUBLE CD US $12.98 Buy It Now 17h 34m
(DL358) Red Kite, The Gathering Storm - DJ CD US $5.02 Buy It Now 17h 48m
The Gathering "Nighttime Birds". CD US $6.91 Buy It Now 19h 23m
The Gathering "If Then Else". CD US $6.91 Buy It Now 19h 23m
Various Artists - Global Gathering Festival Anth NEW CD US $15.18 Buy It Now 20h 26m
THE GATHERING FIELD-RHAPSODY IN BLUE 2TRKPROMO CD CS151 *FREE U.S. SHIPPING* US $9.99 Buy It Now 20h 50m
Opus Nigrum - Journey in the Dark CHAOSTAR THE GATHERING US $4.99 [0 bids]
THE GATHERING mexican 1996 tour poster MANDYLION, nighttime birds US $9.99 [0 bids]
Spirit Gathering with Hemi-Sync by Monroe Products Theta Shamanic music CD US $13.69 Buy It Now 23h 24m
City on a Hill cd The Gathering US $7.00 Buy It Now 23h 26m
Rare GATHERING TIME Songs Of Hope And Freedom Hard To Find Folk Pop Music CD US $11.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Barrel House Mamas Gathering CD US $12.58 Buy It Now 1 day
THE GATHERING - Self Titled ~ VINYL LP US $15.10 Buy It Now 1 day
CYBELE-Brightly Blackhearted LACUNA COIL, EVANESCENCE, THE GATHERING, US $3.99 [0 bids]
CYBELE-Songs of Soil LACUNA COIL, EVANESCENCE, THE GATHERING, US $3.99 [0 bids]
, A Gathering of Fronds Audio CD US $47.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BUBBLE PUPPY LP "A GATHERING OF PROMISES" INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS EX/EX SHRINK US $80.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Gathering Geri Allen US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SCARCE - KEVIN VOLANS - HUNTING: GATHERING / THE DUKE STRING QUARTET US $13.41 Buy It Now 1 day
SANDOZZ MINSTRELS A Gathering Of The Tribes 1994 CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE LUST - Tangled (CD 2008) Female Fronted Gothic Metal Digipack Gathering Elis US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ILID - The Shadow Over Arkham (CD 2007) The Gathering The Provenance Katatonia US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rare Vinyl LP-12' record:Dark Tranquillity-character(DT,gathering,lacuna coil) US $59.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Gathering - Always.Remix CD 1992 Foundation 2000 Rare US $29.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Gathering - Nighttime Birds [CD New] US $13.81 Buy It Now 1 day
@ CD The Gathering - Home / NOISE RECORDS 2006 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
@ CD The Gathering - Downfall - The Early Years BONUS VIDEO DISC HAMMERHEART US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
@ CD The Gathering - How To Measure A Planet 2-CD CENTURY MEDIA RECORDS 1998 US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
25 Magic the gathering BLUE cards Old and new uncommons included lot US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
25 Magic the gathering BLACK cards Old and new uncommons included lot US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
EILERA - Fusion PROMO CD Spinefarm / Moonspell Gathering Arch Enemy Anneke US $31.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Highland Gathering Pipes and Drums of the Royal Scots Dragoon Gaurds Fiesta Lp US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RRYU & The Starry Gathering Band featuring Sandii & Yayoboo Play & Pray JAPAN CD US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
IRON MAIDENS 2DVD SET METAL GATHERING LIVE IN JAPAN 2010 OUT OF PRINT MUST ITEM! US $49.80 Buy It Now 1 day
WAKEDEAD GATHERING THE - THE GATE AND THE KEY - IVR025 US $17.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Killing Joke XXV Gathering! - Let Us Prey UK CD #51 US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Gathering At The Depot SEALED LP Minnesota 1970 The Litter Danny's Reasons + US $72.99 Buy It Now 1 day
israeli oriental fusion 1982 LP-the natural gathering - woven thread- shlomo bar US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Lost in America by Gathering Field US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE GATHERING - ALWAYS Rare Netherlands Death Doom Metal Cassette LOUD OUT Label US $6.90 Buy It Now 1 day
DOLLY PARTON-NEW HARVEST..FIRST GATHERING (UK 1st PRESSING-GATEFOLD) EX+ VINYL US $12.57 Buy It Now 1 day
Unite - Gathering Of Strangers [CD New] US $16.52 Buy It Now 1 day
Bubble Puppy A gathering of Promises Mint- US $29.99 [0 bids]
The Gathering - Goth Metal - HOME Pro CD - Mint US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Gathering How To Measure A Planet? new 2 X LP sealed record vinyl 2012 Svart US $40.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Gathering - Home [CD New] US $20.99 Buy It Now 1 day
UNITE - GATHERING OF STRANGERS (UK) NEW CD US $39.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Human Terror ?- The Gathering (Torment Records 3)(GABBER/HARDCORE/GABBA)(VG+) US $11.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Letter X-The Time Of The Gathering cd Orig 1991 Steam Hammer Made in Berlin SPV US $10.99 [0 bids]
DOLLY PARTON ~ NEW HARVEST - FIRST GATHERING ~ RCA 2188 US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Alleluia! A Praise Gathering for Believers Record!!!! US $7.99 [0 bids]
FUMIO KARASHIMA TRIO Gathering TBM-3004 OBI LP w3721 US $9.99 [1 bids]
anneke v giersbergen gathering- comr wander with me cd single new US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW - The Gathering US $3.40 Buy It Now 1 day
The Gathering Filed Lost In America Cd US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
REMNANT - Gathering / Holy Vine - Christian Music CCM Pop Worship CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SOUND GATHERING The Meaning 12" US $13.42 Buy It Now 1 day
Home for the Holiday's 2 CD Pack - Uplifting Carols for Your Family Gathering US $5.95 Buy It Now 1 day
GOA CLASSICS: TIME OF THE GATHERING / VARIOUS (UK) NEW CD US $29.07 Buy It Now 1 day
ALIOTTA HAYNES JEREMIAH/STEVE GOODMAN Gathering At Earl Of Old Town CHICAGO FOLK US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy THE GATHERING music online Buy THE GATHERING & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE GATHERING DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE GATHERING Heroes For Ghosts ratings distribution

THE GATHERING Heroes For Ghosts reviews

Review by memowakeman
3 stars What a great song!

My love for The Gathering has incredibly developed for the last couple of years, I like their different phases, from Mandylion to Home, everything where Anneke is featured, what a voice. But wait a minute, my love for this band does not stops there, because I do also love The West Pole, their first Anneke-less album in which we can still appreciate the band's essential sound, their metal/alternative/progressive moments but now with Silje Wergeland in vocals.

Now, a couple of months ago a friend told me about a new The Gathering song which was free-to-download, and I did not hesitate and downloaded it. And oh man what a fantastic surprise I found, an eleven-minute track that left me speechless and created an addiction in me, since then I frequently listen to it so now I am sure is one of my most-played tracks. My excitement towards this track was so huge that I even considered it as the best Gathering song I ever listened, or at least my favorite, now I share the same excitement but I don't put it as my favorite one, however it does belong to my top five without a doubt.

The song can be divided in two parts. The first one starts slowly with some atmospheric sound, later guitars, bass, drums and vocals enter and begin to build up a structure in a mid-tempo rhythm. The voice is sweet and delicate, and the guitars have also a wonderful sound that goes very well with the atmosphere created as background. After three minutes a beautiful string sound is added and gives a special flavor to the song, violin and viola appear and work as a complement of the already warm atmosphere. And now when the song arrives to the fourth minute we can say the second part has begun.

You can notice it by the addition of an electronic sound and the vocal-less passage. Here we have a surprisingly good, well structured and composed track (surprisingly not because they are not capable of, but because the sound here is different from what The Gathering sounds). Also, a beautiful trumpet joins the song and also puts its grain of sound, helping it to be even better than it already is. From this moment on the voice appears just in specific passages, in the right moments, when the music sounds stronger and the listener is already mesmerized (just like me). So this is a fantastic combination of electronic sounds, with an outstanding voice, great guitars, bass and drums, and wonderful violin and trumpet appearances.

Without a doubt a rich track, one of the band's best compositions ever, a highlight that we (the listeners) have to thank firstly because it was released, and secondly because the band offer it as a free download, so we have to be more than happy. The song itself is really awesome and in my book it would deserve five stars, but here, as a review I will give it three stars, because I don't think it is essential to any progressive rock fan, but I highly recommend it anyways.

Enjoy it!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#491212) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Post a review of THE GATHERING "Heroes For Ghosts"