HEROES FOR GHOSTS

Experimental/Post Metal

The Gathering Heroes For Ghosts album cover

Buy THE GATHERING Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2011

1. Heroes for Ghosts (10:57)

Search THE GATHERING Heroes For Ghosts lyrics

Search THE GATHERING Heroes For Ghosts tabs

- Frank Boeijen / keyboards
- Marjolein Kooijman / bass
- Hans Rutten / drums
- René Rutten / guitars
- Silje Wergeland / vocals.
- Guests: Jos van den Dungen / violin and viola

Additional recordings at Studio 2
Engineered by René Rutten
Mixed by Guido Aalbers at GieSound
Mastered by Paul Matthijs Lombert at The Mastering Factory
Free for download at: http://thegathering.bandcamp.com/track/heroes-for-ghosts

Thanks to tupan for the addition

THE GATHERING MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE GATHERING Heroes For Ghosts Music

Century Media 2006
DownfallDownfall
Extra tracks
Candlelight 2009
SHRINK Gathering at the Earl of Old Town 1976 LP VG++ Holstein Goodman Post US $16.99 Buy It Now 45m 7s
Killing Joke - Gathering 2008 Pt 2 (2009) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.51 Buy It Now 1h 7m
If_then_else by The Gathering (CD, Jul-2000, Century Media (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
FUMIO KARASHIMA-GATHERING-JAPAN MINI LP BLU-SPEC CD F56 US $29.50 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Our God of Wonders, Vol. 1: A Gathering of Your Favorite Artists and Worship ... US $0.95 [0 bids]
Various Artists - Global Gathering Festival Anthems (2010) {CD Album} 0714-CB-60 US $13.28 Buy It Now 4h 18m
STEVE GOODMAN Gathering at the Earl of Old Town CD Classic 1970 Album RARE OOP US $12.99 [1 bids]
CD VA The Gathering MINT US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 27m
BUBBLE PUPPY Gathering of Promises ORIGINAL WHITE LABEL PROMO Texas Psych US $139.99 Buy It Now 4h 39m
John & Orchestra Nashville Jorgenson - Istiqbal Gathering [CD New] US $15.02 Buy It Now 5h
Godskitchen - Global Gathering (3 CD Set) 47 Tracks - Nr Mint - Fast Postage US $11.62 Buy It Now 5h 25m
JORN THE GATHERING SEALED CD NEW US $5.13 Buy It Now 5h 49m
Kaukonen/Saunders/Constanten - Gathering On The Mountian [CD New] US $5.02 Buy It Now 6h 8m
CARIBBEAN JAZZ PROJE - THE GATHERING [CARIBBEAN JAZZ PROJECT] [CD] [1 - NEW CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 20m
Gathering by Geri Allen (CD, Aug-1998, Verve) US $12.99 Buy It Now 7h 3m
Stanley Brothers Clinch Mountain Boys White Dove/ Gathering Flowers For Masters US $5.00 [0 bids]
THE GATHERING rare 1993 issue PAVEMENT RECORDS CD New / sealed US $34.99 Buy It Now 7h 52m
DOLLY PARTON New Harvest First Gathering +insert (Gatefold) RCA 1977 US $14.94 Buy It Now 7h 58m
Disney Wishes CD NWOT Walt Disney World A Magical Gathering of Disney Dreams US $31.40 Buy It Now 8h 15m
Blake/Boys Of The Lough/Bryan - Rising Fawn Gathering [CD New] US $13.78 Buy It Now 9h 13m
Roustabout Fourth Battle Ground Fiddler's Gathering 1976 Log Cabin 8005 Stereo US $11.95 [0 bids]
Bryan Lloyd - Gathering Spirits [CD New] US $16.98 Buy It Now 10h 4m
V/A A Gathering of the Tribes 68 track 5 CD Box Set SEALED Headstones Bad Seeds US $34.90 Buy It Now 10h 6m
Gathering on the Mountain Live Part 1 CD Starship Saunders Melvin Seals JGB New! US $5.00 [0 bids]
V/A The Gathering 16 track CD SEALED Brian May Rick Wakeman Gordon Giltrap US $16.60 Buy It Now 10h 14m
ELKO: A COWBOYS GATHERING / VARIOUS NEW CD US $33.72 Buy It Now 11h 21m
Son of Gathering of the Tribe Bards Larry & Bluenotes & US $49.99 Buy It Now 12h 7m
blacksheep gathering US $9.99 [0 bids]
Wolvserpent - Gathering Strengths/Blood Seed CD US $20.64 Buy It Now 12h 43m
(CW392) Red Kite, The Gathering Storm - DJ CD US $4.07 Buy It Now 12h 49m
Alleluiah Praise Gathering For Believers LP 12" Vinyl SHRINK LISTEN XIAN PRIVATE US $24.99 Buy It Now 14h 2m
Flowers for the Gathering - Ikon New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $19.88 Buy It Now 14h 29m
bubble puppy a gathering of promises cd sealed US $46.74 Buy It Now 15h 19m
Gathering of Flowers:anthology/mamas - & the Papas Mamas New & Sealed CD Free Sh US $24.47 Buy It Now 15h 29m
Bill & Gloria Gaither and Friends CD A Praise Gathering 1989 Star Song US $12.00 Buy It Now 15h 45m
Geri Allen,CD,Gathering US $9.99 Buy It Now 18h 17m
Killing Joke,NEW 2 CD,Gathering 2008 (Pt 1) US $6.99 Buy It Now 18h 19m
Downfall * by Gathering/The Gathering (CD, Jan-2009, 2 Discs, Vic Records) US $5.88 Buy It Now 18h 49m
Modern English Gathering Dust EP LP Uk 4ad '80 '83 NM!! US $65.00 Buy It Now 19h 22m
KILLING JOKE sealed 2LP XXV Gathering! LET THEM EAT VINYL/cooking UK press US $9.99 [0 bids]
50 Magic the gathering RED cards Old and new commons included lot US $2.99 Buy It Now 19h 35m
25 Magic the gathering GREEN cards Old and new uncommons included lot US $2.99 Buy It Now 19h 35m
25 Magic the gathering WHITE cards Old and new uncommons included lot US $2.99 Buy It Now 19h 36m
25 Magic the gathering RED cards Old and new uncommons included lot US $2.99 Buy It Now 19h 36m
John & Orchestra Nashville Jorgenson - Istiqbal Gathering CD US $18.81 Buy It Now 21h 2m
TERRY CARISSE & FRIENDS-A GOSPEL GATHERING-RARE YUGO PRESS-HELIDON LL 1009-1987- US $15.00 Buy It Now 22h 3m
LESLIE HAWORTH a gathering at manley village hall 9th october 1971 LP 8 track pr US $8.29 Buy It Now 22h 25m
Dolly Parton New Harvest... First Gathering (RCA 1977) ( 33 rpm) US $0.01 [0 bids]
THE GATHERING ALWAYS G/F 2LP 2000 VINYL COLLECTORS opeth death anathema samael US $59.99 Buy It Now 23h 45m
THE GATHERING SUPERHEAT G/F 2LP BLACK VINYL 2013 sentenced anathema nightwish US $29.99 Buy It Now 23h 45m
Lacuna Coil - S/T EP (Within Temptation, The Gathering) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Gathering the World, Wall Matthews, Excellent US $1.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Bethpage Colonials 001 Colonial Chowder Gathering US $6.80 Buy It Now 1 day
GATHERING - AFTERWORDS NEW VINYL US $41.75 Buy It Now 1 day
@ CD The Gathering - Almost A Dance RARE DUTCH METAL / FOUNDATION 2000 ORG 1993 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE GATHERING - Always... Remix 1st pr. CD 1994 on Foundation 2000 US $22.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Gathering 2008 Pt 2 by Killing Joke (CD, May-2009, 2 Discs Eastworld UK) NEW US $7.99 [0 bids]
The Gathering 2008 Pt 1 by Killing Joke (CD, 2009, 2 Discs, Cast World) NEW! US $7.99 [0 bids]
ALLELUIA A PRAISE GATHERING FOR BELIEVERS BILL GLORIA GAITHER LP RECORD ALBUM US $4.99 [0 bids]
Elko! A Cowboy Gathering - V/A New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $31.08 Buy It Now 1 day
Gathering of Shamen, Native Flute Ensemble, Good US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Elko! A Cowboy's Gathering [CD New] US $26.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Gathering On The Mountain - Part 2-Gathering On The Mounta [CD New] US $15.14 Buy It Now 1 day
UNIVERSE TRIBAL GATHERING 95 RAVE FLYER FLYERS MAY 1995 MINT US $3.32 Buy It Now 1 day
THIRD ANNUAL GATHERING ON THE MOUNTAIN (792412209927) - NEW CD US $19.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Mandylion (Reis) (Dlx), Gathering, New US $15.45 Buy It Now 1 day
Charlie Moore & Bill Napier ROCKABILLY 45 (King 5988 PROMO) Gathering in... M- US $8.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Tribal Gathering 96 - San - Marshall - Lavell 3 Disc's - Fast Postage US $11.62 Buy It Now 1 day
Arctic Refuge: Gathering of Tribes, Arctic Refuge-Gathering, , New US $13.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Gathering of Nations 1997, Gathering of Nations, , New Live US $14.50 Buy It Now 1 day
BILL AND GLORIA GAITHER PRESENT A PRASIE GATHERING Gospel CD US $4.75 [0 bids]
A Gathering Of Flowers The Anthology Of The Mama's & Papa's Album Vinyl Record US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BILL AND GLORIA GAITHER PRESENT A PRASIE GATHERING Gospel CD US $4.75 [0 bids]
CITY ON A HILL - THE GATHERING various Christian Artists CD LIKE NEW (SONG LIST) US $0.99 [0 bids]
(CD) SHAUNA BURNS - A Winter Gathering / Digipak US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BUBBLE PUPPY A gathering of promises Get Back 537 US $75.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Godskitchen Global Gathering (2004) (3CD) The Sound Of Summer Clubbing US $4.97 Buy It Now 1 day
THE VINES FROM FIRST TO LAST LACUNA COIL THE COUP THE GOSSIP MARITIME GATHERING US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
(CM56) Kieran Docherty, Gathering Speed - 2004 CD US $4.97 Buy It Now 1 day
XRCD TBM XR 3004: Fumio Karashima Trio - Gathering - OOP Japan 1997 SEALED US $79.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Gathering of Nations 1991, Gathering of Nations 1991 Audio CD US $5.91 Buy It Now 1 day
Geri Allen - Gathering (2003) CD QUALITY CHECKED & FAST FREE P&P US $16.60 Buy It Now 1 day
WO FAT - GATHERING DARK NEW CD US $20.75 Buy It Now 1 day
KILLING JOKE-The Gathering 2008 Part Two-2 CD Set- BRAND NEW-Still Sealed-Punk US $12.06 Buy It Now 1 day
VARIOUS: A Gathering Of Great Poetry For Children, Vol. 2 (spoken word LP) US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Various : UK Tribal Gathering 95 (2CDs) (1995) US $4.31 Buy It Now 1 day
KILLING JOKE-The Gathering 2008 Part One-2 CD Set- BRAND NEW-Still Sealed-Punk US $12.06 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW - Because We Believe by Praise Gathering US $18.92 Buy It Now 1 day
Light Sleepers - We are gathering dust - CD [NEW] US $3.31 Buy It Now 1 day
A gathering of flowers anthology of the mamas and the papas DSY 50073 US $6.99 [0 bids]
Praise Gathering Music Group Choral Plan~~Anthem~~November 2002~~Audio CD~~NEW US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Praise Gathering Music Group Choral Plan~~Anthem~~August 2002~~Audio CD~~NEW US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Praise Gathering Music Group Choral Plan~~Anthem~~August 2003~~Audio CD~~NEW US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Letter X TIME OF THE GATHERING CD JAPAN US $35.00 [0 bids]
Praise Gathering Music Group Choral Plan~~Anthem~~May 2003~~Audio CD~~NEW US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JORN - Gathering CD 2007 METAL IMPORT US $12.34 Buy It Now 1 day
11th Annual Gathering of the Juggalo's Program Guide + bonus US $8.00 [0 bids]
BUBBLE PUPPY A Gathering Of Promises INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS IA-LP10 (1969) EX LP US $9.99 [1 bids]
JOHN JORGENSON / ORCHESTRA NASHVILLE - ISTIQBAL GATHERING NEW CD US $23.80 Buy It Now 1 day
WOLVSERPENT - GATHERING STRENGTHS / BLOOD SEED NEW CD US $24.20 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy THE GATHERING music online Buy THE GATHERING & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE GATHERING DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE GATHERING Heroes For Ghosts ratings distribution

THE GATHERING Heroes For Ghosts reviews

Review by memowakeman
3 stars What a great song!

My love for The Gathering has incredibly developed for the last couple of years, I like their different phases, from Mandylion to Home, everything where Anneke is featured, what a voice. But wait a minute, my love for this band does not stops there, because I do also love The West Pole, their first Anneke-less album in which we can still appreciate the band's essential sound, their metal/alternative/progressive moments but now with Silje Wergeland in vocals.

Now, a couple of months ago a friend told me about a new The Gathering song which was free-to-download, and I did not hesitate and downloaded it. And oh man what a fantastic surprise I found, an eleven-minute track that left me speechless and created an addiction in me, since then I frequently listen to it so now I am sure is one of my most-played tracks. My excitement towards this track was so huge that I even considered it as the best Gathering song I ever listened, or at least my favorite, now I share the same excitement but I don't put it as my favorite one, however it does belong to my top five without a doubt.

The song can be divided in two parts. The first one starts slowly with some atmospheric sound, later guitars, bass, drums and vocals enter and begin to build up a structure in a mid-tempo rhythm. The voice is sweet and delicate, and the guitars have also a wonderful sound that goes very well with the atmosphere created as background. After three minutes a beautiful string sound is added and gives a special flavor to the song, violin and viola appear and work as a complement of the already warm atmosphere. And now when the song arrives to the fourth minute we can say the second part has begun.

You can notice it by the addition of an electronic sound and the vocal-less passage. Here we have a surprisingly good, well structured and composed track (surprisingly not because they are not capable of, but because the sound here is different from what The Gathering sounds). Also, a beautiful trumpet joins the song and also puts its grain of sound, helping it to be even better than it already is. From this moment on the voice appears just in specific passages, in the right moments, when the music sounds stronger and the listener is already mesmerized (just like me). So this is a fantastic combination of electronic sounds, with an outstanding voice, great guitars, bass and drums, and wonderful violin and trumpet appearances.

Without a doubt a rich track, one of the band's best compositions ever, a highlight that we (the listeners) have to thank firstly because it was released, and secondly because the band offer it as a free download, so we have to be more than happy. The song itself is really awesome and in my book it would deserve five stars, but here, as a review I will give it three stars, because I don't think it is essential to any progressive rock fan, but I highly recommend it anyways.

Enjoy it!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#491212) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Post a review of THE GATHERING "Heroes For Ghosts"