HEROES FOR GHOSTS

Experimental/Post Metal

The Gathering Heroes For Ghosts album cover

Buy THE GATHERING Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2011

1. Heroes for Ghosts (10:57)

Search THE GATHERING Heroes For Ghosts lyrics

Search THE GATHERING Heroes For Ghosts tabs

- Frank Boeijen / keyboards
- Marjolein Kooijman / bass
- Hans Rutten / drums
- René Rutten / guitars
- Silje Wergeland / vocals.
- Guests: Jos van den Dungen / violin and viola

Additional recordings at Studio 2
Engineered by René Rutten
Mixed by Guido Aalbers at GieSound
Mastered by Paul Matthijs Lombert at The Mastering Factory
Free for download at: http://thegathering.bandcamp.com/track/heroes-for-ghosts

Thanks to tupan for the addition

THE GATHERING MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE GATHERING Heroes For Ghosts Music

MandylionMandylion
Century Media 1995
MandylionMandylion
Century Media 2006
ILID - The Shadow Over Arkham (CD 2007) The Gathering The Provenance Katatonia US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
KILLING JOKE XXV GATHERING 2 LP SET HEAVY ORANGE WAX *SEALED* AUDIOPHILE US $24.39 Buy It Now 2h 58m
The Roots All Stars (Mutabaruka) - Gathering Of The Spirits (CD 1998) NEW/SEALED US $21.04 Buy It Now 3h 2m
RICARDO STROBERT - STROBERT BROTHERS THE LAST GATHERING NEW CD US $16.63 Buy It Now 4h 9m
2014 TBM FUMIO KARASHIMA TRIO GATHERING JAPAN MINI LP Blu-spec CD US $30.80 Buy It Now 4h 11m
GLOBAL GATHERING 2008 NEW SEALED 2 CD SET RARE MIXES DANCE FESTIVAL UPFRONT CLUB US $5.84 Buy It Now 4h 17m
Cassette - Freak of Nature - Gathering of Freaks - Music for Nations - 1994 US $10.05 Buy It Now 4h 22m
@ CD The Gathering - Amity E.P. + 6 / CENTURY MEDIA 2001 / 77358-3 US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 31m
Official The Gathering Stars: Nov 2011 PORTISHEAD,The National,Flaming Lips US $8.74 [0 bids]
[B40] Limited Edition Colin Hay Gathering Mercury CD, Deluxe Version! US $17.46 Buy It Now 5h 36m
WAKEDEAD GATHERING THE - DARK CIRCLES - IVR014 US $13.52 Buy It Now 5h 39m
The Gathering - Accessories 3LP Yellow Vinyl Brand New Unplayed Triple Gatefold US $30.00 Buy It Now 6h 46m
The Gathering - Superheat 2LP Black Vinyl Brand New Unplayed US $30.00 Buy It Now 6h 49m
BUBBLE PUPPY - A GATHERING OF PROMISES [803415295326] - NEW CD US $10.26 Buy It Now 7h 31m
THE GATHERING - WEST POLE [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $2.05 Buy It Now 7h 35m
The Praise Gathering Collection - 5 CD SET US $24.30 Buy It Now 7h 37m
The Gathering - Rise Up - Live UK Worship (CD) 12 Tracks - Nr Mint - Rare US $12.95 Buy It Now 7h 38m
Killing Joke - XXV Gathering! Let Us Prey (2007) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $10.31 Buy It Now 8h 22m
Lacuna Coil - Comalies LTD BOX (Within Temptation, The Gathering) US $4.99 [1 bids]
Lacuna Coil - Swamped (Within Temptation, The Gathering) US $2.99 [1 bids]
The Gathering Guitar Tab Software Lesson CD + FREE BONUSES US $6.99 Buy It Now 8h 28m
THE MAMAS & THE PAPA - A GATHERING OF FLOWERS: THE ANTHOLOGY OF THE - NEW CD US $13.34 Buy It Now 8h 34m
2 CD SET THE GATHERING 2001 DOWNFALL THE EARLY YEARS ORIGINAL HAMMERHEART PRESS US $5.50 [0 bids]
Out of the Dark-Live Compilation RARE CD w/ Moonspell,Gathering,Samael,Sentenced US $5.99 Buy It Now 8h 38m
Testament 9 CD Lot Discography Collection Heavy Metal Ritual Gathering Low US $34.99 [0 bids]
The Gathering 2008 Pt 2 by Killing Joke (CD, May-2009, 2 Discs Eastworld UK) NEW US $7.99 [0 bids]
9h
The Gathering 2008 Pt 1 by Killing Joke (CD, 2009, 2 Discs, Cast World) NEW! US $7.99 [0 bids]
9h
Gathering Pace * by Relativity (CD, 1987, Green Linnet) US $0.99 [0 bids]
WHAT A GATHERING - Live Hymns & Choruses Of Praise - Ex LP Record Cavs CAV 102 US $12.95 Buy It Now 9h 26m
ALLELUIA A PRAISE GATHERING FOR BELIEVERS BILL GLORIA GAITHER LP RECORD ALBUM US $4.99 [0 bids]
* The Gathering - Home [Sealed] METAL US $10.47 Buy It Now 9h 32m
VARIOUS - GLOBAL GATHERING FESTIVAL ANTH - NEWCD9079 US $17.52 Buy It Now 9h 40m
Dolly Parton - New Harvest First Gathering - 8-track tape US $7.99 [0 bids]
BRECKER LOVANO LIEBMAN CD - Gathering of Spirits US $9.95 Buy It Now 9h 58m
RELATIVITY CD Gathering Place - Green Linnet GLCD-1076 (1987) US $14.75 Buy It Now 10h 22m
Dolly Parton New Harvest... First Gathering (RCA 1977) ( 33 rpm) US $0.01 [0 bids]
Mandylion THE GATHERING CD ( FREE SHIPPING) US $9.49 Buy It Now 10h 58m
GOLDEN RING: A Gathering Of Friends Making Music: 1964 Folk Legacy: EX US $5.95 Buy It Now 11h
The Cowboy Poetry Gathering Audio Cassette 1993 Elko Poetry Gathering Nevada US $14.99 [0 bids]
Title: Tribal Gathering Presents 10 Years of Sankey's Soap by Greg Vickers 2 CD US $16.99 Buy It Now 12h 26m
20 SECOND CYCLE - GATHERING THE STARS - LIMITED EDITION #71/100-CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
MUZIK MAGAZINE MAY 1996 : BANDULU, GROOVERIDER, TRIBAL GATHERING 96 etc US $3.23 Buy It Now 12h 55m
TRE LUX - A STRANGE GATHERING [741157897623] - NEW CD US $4.20 Buy It Now 13h 33m
The Gathering Home NEW ships Fast not a promo combined shipping US $2.99 [0 bids]
Holy Vine CD by Remnant Gathering (Worship Music) "Open the Eyes of My Heart" US $1.50 [0 bids]
Wakedead Gathering - Gate & The Key [CD New] US $22.99 Buy It Now 14h 3m
Dolly Parton: New Harvest...First Gathering LP - Germany US $9.99 [0 bids]
NAZARETH cd THE NEWZ goin loco LIAR see me GLORIA gathering WARNING road trip US $14.99 Buy It Now 14h 34m
Gathering Field, Reliance Audio CD US $8.66 Buy It Now 15h
DAVID GRAY cd A CENTURY ENDS birds without wings WISDOM shine GATHERING DUST US $11.99 Buy It Now 15h 23m
The Gathering by Infected Mushroom *New CD* US $13.63 Buy It Now 15h 40m
VG++ RARE MODERN SOUL BLACK GOSPEL LP THE BEGINNING GREAT GATHERING ENTERPRISES US $19.99 [0 bids]
Unknown Artist The Gathering CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 17h 11m
(AX939) The Gathering, Living Legends - DJ CD US $9.32 Buy It Now 17h 22m
ARBOURETUM - THE GATHERING [DIGIPAK] [ARBOURETUM] - NEW CD US $11.57 Buy It Now 17h 36m
THE GATHERING - PAUPERS & KINGS-CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
BUBBLE PUPPY "A Gathering Of Promises" LP- signed by all the original members!! US $75.00 [0 bids]
Gathering - Jazz Proje Caribbean New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $14.61 Buy It Now 20h 21m
Smoke and Ashes-Gathering Winds CD NEW US $13.40 Buy It Now 23h 43m
burning sounds LP:MIKE BROOKS-what a gathering (hear) US $40.51 Buy It Now 23h 55m
Various : City on a Hill: Gathering CD (2003) US $4.09 Buy It Now 1 day
The Drum & Bass Summer Gathering Vol 31 Part 2: Digitally Recorded Live 30/07... US $37.27 Buy It Now 1 day
Random Concept Vol 31: The Drum & Bass Summer Gathering Part 1: Digitally Rec... US $37.27 Buy It Now 1 day
Random Concept Vol 32: The Drum & Bass Summer Gathering Digitally Recorded Li... US $37.27 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BLUE SEASON-COLD-CD-gothic-the gathering-female US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LP Partridge, Tim etc "Gathering Together Unto Him ... Praise" KINGSWAY KMR 325 US $16.20 Buy It Now 1 day
The Gathering - Sleepy Buildings - A Semi Acoustic Evening CD - Near Mint US $13.12 Buy It Now 1 day
THE GATHERING Souvenirs CD Like New Lacuna Coil Nightwise Goth Metal Devin US $7.99 [0 bids]
DAVID D'OR SALOMON SHLOMO BAR NATURAL GATHERING LIVE HEBREW ISRAEL ISRAELI CD US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE NATURAL GATHERING ORIGINS DEBUT INNER SHLOMO BAR WORLD NIGHT ARK ISRAELI LP US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Gathering Of Nations Pow-Wow94 [CD New] US $15.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Disney Wishes CD NWOT Walt Disney World A Magical Gathering of Disney Dreams US $29.99 [0 bids]
THE ROYAL SCOTS DRAGOON GUARDS 'HIGHLAND GATHERING' CD US $11.33 Buy It Now 1 day
WALL MATTHEWS - GATHERING THE WORLD - NEW CD US $5.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Nighttime Birds - Gathering New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $19.51 Buy It Now 1 day
Lacuna Coil / Within Me JAPAN Only The Gathering NEW!! US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Gathering Downfall CD US $5.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Huw M - Gathering Dusk New/Sealed CD Album US $5.41 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum - The Gathering NEW CD US $53.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GLOBAL GATHERING - NEW CD BOXSET US $19.44 Buy It Now 1 day
CD* A Gathering of Elders - AL-HAJI PAPA BUNKA SUSSO // BISHOP PAT PATRICK US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Gathering on the Mountain Live Part 1 CD Starship Saunders Melvin Seals JGB New! US $5.00 [0 bids]
Gathering Of Nations 1998 [CD New] US $13.02 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum - The Gathering NEW CD US $58.18 Buy It Now 1 day
For Openers - The Gathering Of Legends Of Folk Rock - Programme with CD US $16.20 Buy It Now 1 day
Relativity - Gathering Pace - NM LP on Green Linnet label US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Dolly Parton All I Can Do/ New Harvest... First Gathering US $18.99 [0 bids]
MAGNUM - THE GATHERING - 5CD BOX SET - 82 TRACKS US $21.07 [1 bids]
The Gathering by Testament (CD, Jun-1999, Spitfire Records (USA)) US $7.00 [0 bids]
Willow Wisp Delusion Of Grandeur A Gathering Of Heretics cd US $7.00 [0 bids]
Mandylion by The Gathering (CD, Aug-1995, Century Media (USA)) US $7.00 [0 bids]
Unite : Unite: A Gathering of Strangers CD (2010) US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
APOLLO'S FIRE - COME TO THE RIVER: AN EARLY AMERICAN GATHERING NEW CD US $20.93 Buy It Now 1 day
ANAL VOMIT - GATHERING OF THE PUTRID DEMONS - CD US $5.00 [1 bids]
Gathering Ground Figure It Out CD US $9.88 Buy It Now 1 day
AGUA DE ANNIQUE - Air LP (Gathering, Within Temptation, Nightwish, Vinyl, RoCk) US $19.00 [0 bids]
In From the Cold LP V/A The Next The Gathering South African New Wave Punk 80s US $75.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Gathering : How to Measure a Planet (2 CD set) US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GRANDPA JONES: Family Gathering LP (2 LPs, sl cw, punch hole) Country US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
TRE LUX - A STRANGE GATHERING [741157166224] - NEW CD US $12.46 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy THE GATHERING music online Buy THE GATHERING & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE GATHERING DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE GATHERING Heroes For Ghosts ratings distribution

THE GATHERING Heroes For Ghosts reviews

Review by memowakeman
3 stars What a great song!

My love for The Gathering has incredibly developed for the last couple of years, I like their different phases, from Mandylion to Home, everything where Anneke is featured, what a voice. But wait a minute, my love for this band does not stops there, because I do also love The West Pole, their first Anneke-less album in which we can still appreciate the band's essential sound, their metal/alternative/progressive moments but now with Silje Wergeland in vocals.

Now, a couple of months ago a friend told me about a new The Gathering song which was free-to-download, and I did not hesitate and downloaded it. And oh man what a fantastic surprise I found, an eleven-minute track that left me speechless and created an addiction in me, since then I frequently listen to it so now I am sure is one of my most-played tracks. My excitement towards this track was so huge that I even considered it as the best Gathering song I ever listened, or at least my favorite, now I share the same excitement but I don't put it as my favorite one, however it does belong to my top five without a doubt.

The song can be divided in two parts. The first one starts slowly with some atmospheric sound, later guitars, bass, drums and vocals enter and begin to build up a structure in a mid-tempo rhythm. The voice is sweet and delicate, and the guitars have also a wonderful sound that goes very well with the atmosphere created as background. After three minutes a beautiful string sound is added and gives a special flavor to the song, violin and viola appear and work as a complement of the already warm atmosphere. And now when the song arrives to the fourth minute we can say the second part has begun.

You can notice it by the addition of an electronic sound and the vocal-less passage. Here we have a surprisingly good, well structured and composed track (surprisingly not because they are not capable of, but because the sound here is different from what The Gathering sounds). Also, a beautiful trumpet joins the song and also puts its grain of sound, helping it to be even better than it already is. From this moment on the voice appears just in specific passages, in the right moments, when the music sounds stronger and the listener is already mesmerized (just like me). So this is a fantastic combination of electronic sounds, with an outstanding voice, great guitars, bass and drums, and wonderful violin and trumpet appearances.

Without a doubt a rich track, one of the band's best compositions ever, a highlight that we (the listeners) have to thank firstly because it was released, and secondly because the band offer it as a free download, so we have to be more than happy. The song itself is really awesome and in my book it would deserve five stars, but here, as a review I will give it three stars, because I don't think it is essential to any progressive rock fan, but I highly recommend it anyways.

Enjoy it!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#491212) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Post a review of THE GATHERING "Heroes For Ghosts"