HEROES FOR GHOSTS

Experimental/Post Metal

The Gathering Heroes For Ghosts album cover

Buy THE GATHERING Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2011

1. Heroes for Ghosts (10:57)

Search THE GATHERING Heroes For Ghosts lyrics

Search THE GATHERING Heroes For Ghosts tabs

- Frank Boeijen / keyboards
- Marjolein Kooijman / bass
- Hans Rutten / drums
- René Rutten / guitars
- Silje Wergeland / vocals.
- Guests: Jos van den Dungen / violin and viola

Additional recordings at Studio 2
Engineered by René Rutten
Mixed by Guido Aalbers at GieSound
Mastered by Paul Matthijs Lombert at The Mastering Factory
Free for download at: http://thegathering.bandcamp.com/track/heroes-for-ghosts

Thanks to tupan for the addition

THE GATHERING MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE GATHERING Heroes For Ghosts Music

SouvenirsSouvenirs
The End Records 2003
MandylionMandylion
Century Media 2006
Dolly Parton LP New Harvest ... First Gathering 1977 VG++/M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 42m 46s
NATIVE FLUTE ENSEMBLE - GATHERING OF SHAMEN US $2.50 [1 bids]
TESTAMENT THE GATHERING FIRST PRESS G/FOLD LP EXODUS EXCITER DESTRUCTION US $69.99 [0 bids]
AGUA DE ANNIGUE - Air (CD 2007) The Gathering Anneke van Giersbergen sealed US $16.99 Buy It Now 2h 20m
So Close to Home, Gathering Field, Good US $5.45 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Larisa Stow & Gathering Guru Daily Divinity Music CD US $4.33 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Gathering Of Nations Pow Wow - Sacred Journey [CD New] US $13.06 Buy It Now 3h 27m
COLIN HAY - GATHERING MERCURY (LTD) NEW VINYL US $31.48 Buy It Now 4h 16m
PENUMBRA-THE LAST BEWITCHMENT-CD-the gathering-gothic US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 45m
Downfall 2 CD Set The Gathering NEW Gothic Heavy Metal Rock RARE BONUS US $12.00 Buy It Now 5h 14m
Rising Fawn Gathering by Norman & Nancy Blake (CD, Jan-2009, Western Jubilee) US $11.99 Buy It Now 5h 34m
Gathering Flowers - Squaws Along The Youkon Hank Thompson Capitol F 4017 US $2.97 [0 bids]
Gathering at the Earl of Old Town 1970 Stereo LP US $17.99 Buy It Now 6h 48m
Alleluia a Praise Gathering for Believers Impact R 3171 US $2.97 [0 bids]
Highland Gathering Royal Scots Dragoon Guards Audio CD US $10.53 Buy It Now 6h 54m
ORPHANAGE Oblivion Promo CD 95 Gathering Theatre of Tragedy Within Temptation US $9.99 [0 bids]
7h
Ikon : Flowers for the Gathering CD (1997) US $9.98 Buy It Now 7h 30m
JOE HICKERSON - JOE HICKERSON WITH A GATHERING OF FRIENDS * - NEW CD US $14.64 Buy It Now 7h 31m
(DL358) Red Kite, The Gathering Storm - DJ CD US $5.10 Buy It Now 7h 53m
Benson Records - Old Time Gathering Volume II CD *RARE* 1990 Hammered Dulcimer US $7.99 Buy It Now 8h 44m
Gathering [Caroline] (CD, Sep-1998, RealWorld/CEMA) Bluegrass Country FREE NR 4 US $6.25 Buy It Now 8h 48m
NATURAL GATHERING - Origins - import from Israel US $4.99 [0 bids]
Gathering Kathryn Tickell CD Mar-1997 Park UK Bluegrass Country Celtic Music 3 US $6.25 Buy It Now 9h 13m
ARBOURETUM - GATHERING (MINI LP SLEEVE) NEW CD US $22.58 Buy It Now 9h 25m
Gathering of Shamen - Native Flute Ensemble Cassette US $7.00 Buy It Now 9h 36m
Various Artists - Global Gathering Festival Anth NEW CD US $15.42 Buy It Now 10h 31m
The Gathering [Digipak] by Arbouretum (CD, Feb-2011, Thrill Jockey) US $11.22 Buy It Now 10h 45m
Gathering Always Orig 1993 US pressing on Pavement US $30.00 Buy It Now 10h 48m
THE GATHERING FIELD-RHAPSODY IN BLUE 2-TRACK U.S.PROMO DJ CD CS151 US $5.99 Buy It Now 10h 55m
GHOST DANCE - LP - GATHERING DUST - GOTH ROCK - PUNK US $49.99 Buy It Now 11h 28m
Testament - The Gathering - 1999 - Burnt Offerings - CD US $7.50 [5 bids]
SAXOPHONE SUMMIT:GATHERING OF SPIRITS JAPAN CD OBI NEW SS Y4531 US $5.99 Buy It Now 11h 55m
KPM Library. Gathering Crowds LP EX US $20.00 [0 bids]
The Gathering (Special Edition+Bonus Track) - Testament New & Sealed CD Free Shi US $15.41 Buy It Now 12h 15m
Bubble Puppy A Gathering Of Promises 1969 LP Album Psych Acid International NM- US $200.00 Buy It Now 12h 26m
THE GATHERING mexican 1996 tour poster MANDYLION, nighttime birds US $19.99 Buy It Now 12h 51m
Dolly Parton New Harvest First Gathering 8 Track Tape eight US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 53m
VG++ RARE MODERN SOUL BLACK GOSPEL LP THE BEGINNING GREAT GATHERING ENTERPRISES US $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 5m
NOCTURNAL GATHERING MUSIC CD ONLY - 6 SONG TRACKS *MADE IN CANADA* US $0.99 [0 bids]
the Gathering - Almost a Dance / Superheat: Vol. 2 (Agat Rec.) Russian Rare Pres US $16.00 Buy It Now 13h 30m
the Gathering - Always... / Superheat: Vol. 1 (Agat Rec.) Russian Rare Pressing US $16.00 Buy It Now 13h 30m
City on a Hill cd The Gathering US $7.00 Buy It Now 13h 32m
The Gathering - How to Measure a Planet? ( DOUBLE CD ) US $7.99 Buy It Now 13h 58m
Gathering, The - Nighttime Birds USA CD C119 US $3.99 Buy It Now 14h 41m
The Gathering - Downfall - The Early Years (Cassette) Russia SEALED US $19.50 Buy It Now 14h 49m
The Gathering - Souvenirs (Cassette) Russia SEALED US $19.50 Buy It Now 14h 49m
Rare GATHERING TIME Songs Of Hope And Freedom Hard To Find Folk Pop Music CD US $10.11 Buy It Now 15h 9m
THE GATHERING - Self Titled ~ VINYL LP US $17.37 Buy It Now 15h 45m
Killing Joke 2 CD The Gathering 2008 Live part two Eighties The Wait sealed Jaz US $4.99 [0 bids]
Gathering Geri Allen US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 31m
SCARCE - KEVIN VOLANS - HUNTING: GATHERING / THE DUKE STRING QUARTET US $13.62 Buy It Now 17h 36m
, A Gathering of Fronds Audio CD US $35.80 Buy It Now 18h
Rare Vinyl LP-12' record:Dark Tranquillity-character(DT,gathering,lacuna coil) US $59.99 Buy It Now 19h 42m
Gathering - Always.Remix CD 1992 Foundation 2000 Rare US $29.00 Buy It Now 20h 11m
Gathering - Nighttime Birds [CD New] US $13.70 Buy It Now 20h 15m
@ CD The Gathering - Home / NOISE RECORDS 2006 US $9.99 Buy It Now 20h 35m
Diane Schuur - Gathering Vinyl Record LP US $25.86 Buy It Now 20h 56m
Killing Joke - Xxv Gathering Let Us Prey Live Lmtd Ed. 2 LP Vinyl Record LP US $27.95 Buy It Now 20h 56m
@ CD The Gathering - Downfall - The Early Years BONUS VIDEO DISC HAMMERHEART US $12.99 Buy It Now 21h 30m
@ CD The Gathering - How To Measure A Planet 2-CD CENTURY MEDIA RECORDS 1998 US $12.99 Buy It Now 21h 31m
25 Magic the gathering BLUE cards Old and new uncommons included lot US $2.99 Buy It Now 21h 34m
25 Magic the gathering BLACK cards Old and new uncommons included lot US $2.99 Buy It Now 21h 34m
Bruce Mitchell - Gathering (1995) - Used - Compact Disc US $3.21 Buy It Now 21h 40m
EILERA - Fusion PROMO CD Spinefarm / Moonspell Gathering Arch Enemy Anneke US $31.50 Buy It Now 22h 25m
RRYU & The Starry Gathering Band featuring Sandii & Yayoboo Play & Pray JAPAN CD US $11.04 Buy It Now 23h 20m
WAKEDEAD GATHERING THE - THE GATE AND THE KEY - IVR025 US $18.37 Buy It Now 23h 30m
THE GATHERING - Nighttime Birds /RARE PROMO CD 1997 Moonspell Tiamat Nightwish US $21.99 Buy It Now 23h 58m
Killing Joke XXV Gathering! - Let Us Prey UK CD #51 US $4.89 Buy It Now 1 day
Gathering At The Depot SEALED LP Minnesota 1970 The Litter Danny's Reasons + US $68.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Gathering US $14.98 Buy It Now 1 day
TESTAMENT "The Gathering" (CD, 2007 Prosthetic) US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
israeli oriental fusion 1982 LP-the natural gathering - woven thread- shlomo bar US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Lost in America by Gathering Field US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DOLLY PARTON New Harvest...First Gathering LP VG+ US $4.99 [0 bids]
Unite - Gathering Of Strangers [CD New] US $22.77 Buy It Now 1 day
The Gathering - Goth Metal - HOME Pro CD - Mint US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DOLLY PARTON-NEW HARVEST..FIRST GATHERING (UK 1st PRESSING-GATEFOLD) EX+ VINYL US $11.91 Buy It Now 1 day
The Gathering - Amity EP / ORG 2001 Century Media US $3.50 [1 bids]
The Gathering - Mandylion / ORG 95 Century Media US $10.50 [4 bids]
The Gathering - Rollercoaster / ORG 2000 Century Media US $3.50 [1 bids]
UNITE - GATHERING OF STRANGERS (UK) NEW CD US $40.37 Buy It Now 1 day
Arbouretum - Gathering [CD New] US $14.17 Buy It Now 1 day
Human Terror ?- The Gathering (Torment Records 3)(GABBER/HARDCORE/GABBA)(VG+) US $10.21 Buy It Now 1 day
Kevin Volans: Hunting, Gathering (CD, Jan-1991, Nonesuch (USA)) US $1.75 Buy It Now 1 day
anneke v giersbergen gathering- comr wander with me cd single new US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW - The Gathering US $3.40 Buy It Now 1 day
Testament, Formation of Damnation, The Gathering, Unearth, The Oncoming Storm, 4 US $13.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Kodo - Gathering CD Japan IMPORT US $7.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Alleluia! A Praise Gathering for Believers Record!!!! US $2.99 [0 bids]
Home for the Holiday's 2 CD Pack - Uplifting Carols for Your Family Gathering US $5.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Mandylion The Gathering (CD, Feb-2006, 2 Discs Progressive DOOM METAL Bonus DISC US $13.01 Buy It Now 1 day
CITY ON A HILL - THE GATHERING various Christian Artists CD LIKE NEW (SONG LIST) US $0.99 [0 bids]
GOA CLASSICS: TIME OF THE GATHERING / VARIOUS (UK) NEW CD US $29.55 Buy It Now 1 day
Horse Latitudes Gathering 2x 12" /500 w/ poster DOOM The Body Conan Pale Divine US $45.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Gathering Field - Lost In America USA GOLD STAMP PROMO CD 11trks US $11.50 [0 bids]
Bill Harley Presents I'm Gonna Let It Shine A Gathering US $7.98 Buy It Now 1 day
DOLLY PARTON New Harvest...First Gathering 1977 CLASSIC COUNTRY LP US $13.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Gathering Season, Solace, Good US $7.15 Buy It Now 1 day
DOLLY PARTON ~ NEW HARVEST - FIRST GATHERING ~ RCA 2188 US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BUDDY MILES Bicentennial Gathering of the Tribes Vinyl LP 76 Casablanca NBLP7024 US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy THE GATHERING music online Buy THE GATHERING & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE GATHERING DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE GATHERING Heroes For Ghosts ratings distribution

THE GATHERING Heroes For Ghosts reviews

Review by memowakeman
3 stars What a great song!

My love for The Gathering has incredibly developed for the last couple of years, I like their different phases, from Mandylion to Home, everything where Anneke is featured, what a voice. But wait a minute, my love for this band does not stops there, because I do also love The West Pole, their first Anneke-less album in which we can still appreciate the band's essential sound, their metal/alternative/progressive moments but now with Silje Wergeland in vocals.

Now, a couple of months ago a friend told me about a new The Gathering song which was free-to-download, and I did not hesitate and downloaded it. And oh man what a fantastic surprise I found, an eleven-minute track that left me speechless and created an addiction in me, since then I frequently listen to it so now I am sure is one of my most-played tracks. My excitement towards this track was so huge that I even considered it as the best Gathering song I ever listened, or at least my favorite, now I share the same excitement but I don't put it as my favorite one, however it does belong to my top five without a doubt.

The song can be divided in two parts. The first one starts slowly with some atmospheric sound, later guitars, bass, drums and vocals enter and begin to build up a structure in a mid-tempo rhythm. The voice is sweet and delicate, and the guitars have also a wonderful sound that goes very well with the atmosphere created as background. After three minutes a beautiful string sound is added and gives a special flavor to the song, violin and viola appear and work as a complement of the already warm atmosphere. And now when the song arrives to the fourth minute we can say the second part has begun.

You can notice it by the addition of an electronic sound and the vocal-less passage. Here we have a surprisingly good, well structured and composed track (surprisingly not because they are not capable of, but because the sound here is different from what The Gathering sounds). Also, a beautiful trumpet joins the song and also puts its grain of sound, helping it to be even better than it already is. From this moment on the voice appears just in specific passages, in the right moments, when the music sounds stronger and the listener is already mesmerized (just like me). So this is a fantastic combination of electronic sounds, with an outstanding voice, great guitars, bass and drums, and wonderful violin and trumpet appearances.

Without a doubt a rich track, one of the band's best compositions ever, a highlight that we (the listeners) have to thank firstly because it was released, and secondly because the band offer it as a free download, so we have to be more than happy. The song itself is really awesome and in my book it would deserve five stars, but here, as a review I will give it three stars, because I don't think it is essential to any progressive rock fan, but I highly recommend it anyways.

Enjoy it!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#491212) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Post a review of THE GATHERING "Heroes For Ghosts"