HEROES FOR GHOSTS

Experimental/Post Metal

The Gathering Heroes For Ghosts album cover

Buy THE GATHERING Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2011

1. Heroes for Ghosts (10:57)

Search THE GATHERING Heroes For Ghosts lyrics

Search THE GATHERING Heroes For Ghosts tabs

- Frank Boeijen / keyboards
- Marjolein Kooijman / bass
- Hans Rutten / drums
- René Rutten / guitars
- Silje Wergeland / vocals.
- Guests: Jos van den Dungen / violin and viola

Additional recordings at Studio 2
Engineered by René Rutten
Mixed by Guido Aalbers at GieSound
Mastered by Paul Matthijs Lombert at The Mastering Factory
Free for download at: http://thegathering.bandcamp.com/track/heroes-for-ghosts

Thanks to tupan for the addition

THE GATHERING MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE GATHERING Heroes For Ghosts Music

MandylionMandylion
Century Media 1995
A Gathering of the Tribes flyer 1990 US $18.00 [0 bids]
34m 57s
MANDRAKE - MARY CELESTE CD tiamat epica elis the gathering nightwish US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Sleepy Buildings - A Semi Acoustic Evening [2xLP] by The Gathering (Color Vinyl, US $38.95 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Gathering - Disclosure CD US $17.08 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Infected Mushroom - Gathering CD US $23.74 Buy It Now 2h 36m
GHOST DANCE gathering dust KAR XL303 near mint disc uk karbon 1988 LP PS EX/EX US $32.37 Buy It Now 4h 32m
Gathering - Almost A Dance [CD New] US $9.17 Buy It Now 4h 56m
Global Gathering: Songs for the Stadiums of the World US $8.53 Buy It Now 5h 8m
Gathering Of The Juggalos Exclusive Can Koozie icp insane clown posse rare US $12.00 Buy It Now 5h 20m
Gathering of the Juggalos Ticket x3 Lot 2010-2012 icp insane clown posse rare US $12.00 Buy It Now 6h 12m
Gathering - Downfall (2009) - Used - Compact Disc US $3.59 Buy It Now 6h 59m
NORTHERN GATHERING 1997 / VARIOUS NEW CD US $22.41 Buy It Now 7h 41m
GATHERING OF NATIONS 1993 / VARIOUS NEW CD US $22.41 Buy It Now 7h 42m
The 3rd and the Mortal Memoirs RARE CD Ltd Gathering Anathema Third Atrox Ulver US $7.99 [0 bids]
The 3rd and the Mortal In this room RARE CD Gathering Anathema Third Atrox Ulver US $7.99 [0 bids]
FREAK OF NATURE Gathering Of Freaks 1994 JAPAN CD OBI OOP Mike Tramp WHITE LION US $19.99 Buy It Now 8h 9m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - WE ARE GATHERING LILACS - SIMON MAY - 7N45688 US $11.74 Buy It Now 9h 42m
City on a Hill, The Gathering music CE US $8.00 Buy It Now 10h 2m
Global Gathering 2008, Various Artists, Acceptable Box set US $2.33 Buy It Now 10h 2m
Gathering of 8 Norwegian Prog Metal Bands Tritonus,Trivial Act,Spiral Architect US $59.99 [0 bids]
FATBOY SLIM-GLOBAL GATHERING 2006 INTERVIEW PROMO CD US $3.34 Buy It Now 11h 30m
The Gathering - Mandylion (1995) US $2.52 [0 bids]
Sleepy Buildings - A Semi Acoustic Evening THE GATHERING ( FREE SHIPPING) US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 34m
the gathering - liberty bell cd single anneke v giersbergen US $11.11 Buy It Now 12h 8m
Gathering [Digipak] by Earl Pickens (CD, Yay) M- US $6.95 Buy It Now 12h 35m
MARIANNE SEGAL FEATURING CIRCULUS - THE GATHERING - NEW US $16.24 Buy It Now 13h 15m
Caribbean Jazz Project Gathering CD NEW US $10.22 Buy It Now 13h 35m
THE GATHERING HOME SEALED CD NEW US $5.88 Buy It Now 13h 53m
THE GATHERING SLEEPY BUILDINGS SEMI ACOUSTIC EVENING CD US $5.88 Buy It Now 13h 58m
THE GATHERING NIGHTTIME BIRDS SEALED CD NEW US $5.88 Buy It Now 14h 7m
The Tribe the Gathering: World Ballads for a Peaceful Planet, Various Artists, G US $2.33 Buy It Now 14h 23m
THE GATHERING MANDYLION SEALED CD NEW US $5.88 Buy It Now 14h 34m
Highland Gathering Royal Scots Dragoon Guards Audio CD US $10.38 Buy It Now 15h 38m
(DN766) The Gathering, Socks In The Frying Pan - 2013 CD US $5.02 Buy It Now 15h 46m
NEW - Gathering Storm by Parker, Stephen US $4.11 Buy It Now 16h
NOCTURNAL GATHERING MUSIC CD ONLY - 6 SONG TRACKS SEE SCAN FOR SONG TITLES US $4.24 Buy It Now 16h 3m
(DC172) Jonsi, Gathering Stories - DJ CD US $5.02 Buy It Now 17h 30m
(DC121) Red Kite, The Gathering Storm - DJ CD US $3.34 Buy It Now 17h 34m
Dolly Parton - New Harvest First Gathering - LP Country RCA UK 77 G/FD EXC/EXC US $9.24 Buy It Now 17h 54m
Rock NM! 45 DEL REEVES Gathering Of My Memories on United Artist US $5.00 Buy It Now 19h 16m
Bubble Puppy Gathering of Promises Original IA Records Stereo Texas Psych LP US $99.99 Buy It Now 20h 19m
LP Record - Bill and Gloria Gaither - album: "Alleluia!" - A Praise Gathering" US $1.49 [0 bids]
Bubble Puppy A Gathering Of Promises - Psych 1st Press IA-LP 10 Nice! NO RESERVE US $10.50 [5 bids]
The Mamas And The Papas A Gathering Of Flowers Anthology US $12.99 Buy It Now 20h 59m
ANAL VOMIT, "GATHERING OF THE PUTRID DEMONS", TAPE CASSETTE US $7.00 Buy It Now 22h 6m
The Gathering of the Elders (2002-2009) [Digipak] by Groundation (CD,... US $11.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Going Home by The Gathering (Native American) (CD, 2007, Greg Reiter) US $13.22 Buy It Now 1 day
THE GATHERING - Home CD US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE GATHERING Lovely Loretta ORIG OZ Pop/Rock 1969 45 Brian Cadd MOLLY MELDRUM US $69.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CARIBBEAN JAZZ PROJE - THE GATHERING [CARIBBEAN JAZZ PROJECT] [CD] [1 - NEW CD US $7.11 Buy It Now 1 day
The Gathering Jorn CD US $11.47 Buy It Now 1 day
THE GATHERING-MANDYLION-LP-LTD 500 COPIES PRESS-COLOURED MINT VINYL-GATEFOLD US $24.99 [0 bids]
THE GATHERING-NIGHTTIME BIRDS-LP-LTD 500 COPIES PRESS-CLEAR MINT VINYL-GATEFOLD US $24.99 [0 bids]
Almost a Dance The Gathering CD US $7.42 Buy It Now 1 day
GLOBAL GATHERING 2008 2CDs (New & Sealed) Festival Tiesto Moby Underworld Axwell US $5.02 Buy It Now 1 day
The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards - Highland Gathering (CD 2010) US $6.70 Buy It Now 1 day
PRIMORDIAL The Gathering Wilderness Vinyl Double Picture Disc NEW US $54.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DOLLY PARTON New Harvest...First Gathering 1977 RCA CLASSIC COUNTRY LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
HAY COLIN - GATHERING MERCURY - COM45512 US $19.04 Buy It Now 1 day
AVRIGUS "The secret kingdom"ORG cd Hammerheart 2001,The Gathering US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Mandylion (Reis) (Dlx), Gathering, New US $19.44 Buy It Now 1 day
GATHERING OF NATIONS POW-WOW 1996 - NEW CD US $11.69 Buy It Now 1 day
Natural Gathering - Origins LP Rare Israeli oriental ethnic folk psych Listen US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
gathering- flowing tears scare promo cd single US $36.99 Buy It Now 1 day
gathering- you learn about it cd single US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Anneke Van Giersbergen "Drive" CD The Gathering Agua De Annique US $4.00 [1 bids]
1996 GATHERING OF NATIONS POW WOW - NEW CD US $12.66 Buy It Now 1 day
GATHERING OF NATIONS POW WOW 1992-1994 - NEW CD US $13.63 Buy It Now 1 day
THE GATHERING ALWAYS +3 BONUS TRACKS SEALED CD NEW 2006 US $5.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Killing Joke The Gathering 2008 Part Two New Sealed 2-CD set US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Killing Joke The Gathering 2008 Part One New Sealed 2-CD set US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Killing Joke The Gathering 2008 Part One Live 2-CD NEW SEALED Love Like Blood+ US $10.06 Buy It Now 1 day
Killing Joke The Gathering 2008 Part Two Live 2-CD NEW SEALED Love Like Blood+ US $10.06 Buy It Now 1 day
GHOST DANCE (Sisters Of Mercy) oiginal Vinyl LP Gathering Dust (1988) US $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Buckaroos 45 Anywhere USA/Gathering Dust Capitol 2420 Buck Owens US $2.37 Buy It Now 1 day
THE GATHERING "Always"Rare ORG cd on Foundation 2000 in 1992 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Relativity - Gathering Pace LP Irish Folk US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Gathering - The West Pole NEW CD US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Gathering - A Noise Severe NEW 2 x CD US $21.64 Buy It Now 1 day
Gathering - Almost A Dance NEW CD US $13.55 Buy It Now 1 day
Gathering - Monsters NEW CD EP US $12.22 Buy It Now 1 day
Gathering, The - Downfall NEW 2 x CD US $19.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Mamas & The Papas Gathering of Flowers Anthology Rock LP Piranha Records US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Barrel House Mamas Gathering CD US $6.57 Buy It Now 1 day
Buddy Miles SEALED LP Bi Gathering of the Tribe 1976 US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Gathering - A Sound Relief NEW DVD US $24.01 Buy It Now 1 day
THE GATHERING mandylion CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
IRELAND Sealed Celtic LP RELATIVITY - GATHERING PACE US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Various Artists - A Gathering Of The Tribes Volumes 1-5 NEW CD BOX SET US $60.54 Buy It Now 1 day
Jari Sirnio - Allofonus - The Final Gathering NEW CD US $16.94 Buy It Now 1 day
GATHERING, , Good US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Freak Of Nature - Gathering Of Freaks / TH Cassette US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Going Home, The Gathering, Good US $15.15 Buy It Now 1 day
Juggalette HATCHETMAN Dangle Belly Ring 14g *RUBY Gem ICP The Gathering 2014 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Juggalette HATCHETMAN Dangle Belly Ring 14g *CRYSTAL Gem ICP Gathering 2014 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Gathering / Afterwords Vinyl LP US $33.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Ikon - Flowers For The Gathering [CD New] US $12.38 Buy It Now 2 days
Gathering - Going Home [CD New] US $18.97 Buy It Now 2 days
Tribal Gathering '96 3CD MIXES Gayle San, James Lavelle US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Gathering - Afterwords [Vinyl New] US $41.99 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy THE GATHERING music online Buy THE GATHERING & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE GATHERING DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE GATHERING Heroes For Ghosts ratings distribution

THE GATHERING Heroes For Ghosts reviews

Review by memowakeman
3 stars What a great song!

My love for The Gathering has incredibly developed for the last couple of years, I like their different phases, from Mandylion to Home, everything where Anneke is featured, what a voice. But wait a minute, my love for this band does not stops there, because I do also love The West Pole, their first Anneke-less album in which we can still appreciate the band's essential sound, their metal/alternative/progressive moments but now with Silje Wergeland in vocals.

Now, a couple of months ago a friend told me about a new The Gathering song which was free-to-download, and I did not hesitate and downloaded it. And oh man what a fantastic surprise I found, an eleven-minute track that left me speechless and created an addiction in me, since then I frequently listen to it so now I am sure is one of my most-played tracks. My excitement towards this track was so huge that I even considered it as the best Gathering song I ever listened, or at least my favorite, now I share the same excitement but I don't put it as my favorite one, however it does belong to my top five without a doubt.

The song can be divided in two parts. The first one starts slowly with some atmospheric sound, later guitars, bass, drums and vocals enter and begin to build up a structure in a mid-tempo rhythm. The voice is sweet and delicate, and the guitars have also a wonderful sound that goes very well with the atmosphere created as background. After three minutes a beautiful string sound is added and gives a special flavor to the song, violin and viola appear and work as a complement of the already warm atmosphere. And now when the song arrives to the fourth minute we can say the second part has begun.

You can notice it by the addition of an electronic sound and the vocal-less passage. Here we have a surprisingly good, well structured and composed track (surprisingly not because they are not capable of, but because the sound here is different from what The Gathering sounds). Also, a beautiful trumpet joins the song and also puts its grain of sound, helping it to be even better than it already is. From this moment on the voice appears just in specific passages, in the right moments, when the music sounds stronger and the listener is already mesmerized (just like me). So this is a fantastic combination of electronic sounds, with an outstanding voice, great guitars, bass and drums, and wonderful violin and trumpet appearances.

Without a doubt a rich track, one of the band's best compositions ever, a highlight that we (the listeners) have to thank firstly because it was released, and secondly because the band offer it as a free download, so we have to be more than happy. The song itself is really awesome and in my book it would deserve five stars, but here, as a review I will give it three stars, because I don't think it is essential to any progressive rock fan, but I highly recommend it anyways.

Enjoy it!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#491212) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Post a review of THE GATHERING "Heroes For Ghosts"