THE COLOR SPECTRUM: COMPLETE COLLECTION

The Dear Hunter The Color Spectrum: Complete Collection album cover

Buy THE DEAR HUNTER Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2011

Black EP
1. Never Forgive, Never Forget (4:41)
2. Filth and Squalor (4:01)
3. Take More Than You Need (4:30)
4. This Body (4:47)

Red EP
1. I Couldn't Do It Alone (3:29)
2. A Curse of Cynicism (3:11)
3. Deny It All (3:34)
4. We've Got a Score to Settle (3:45)

Orange EP
1. Echo (4:06)
2. Stuck On a Wire Out On a Fence (3:08)
3. A Sea of Solid Earth (4:41)
4. But There's Wolves? (4:06)

Yellow EP
1. She's Always Singing (2:40)
2. The Dead Don't Starve (4:57)
3. A Sua Voz (3:20)
4. Misplaced Devotion (3:46)

Green EP
1. Things That Hide Away (3:24)
2. The Canopy (3:52)
3. Crow and Cackle (5:42)
4. The Inheritance (3:25)

Blue EP
1. Tripping in Triplets (3:52)
2. Trapdoor (3:54)
3. What You Said (5:04)
4. The Collapse of the Great Tide Cliffs (5:33)

Indigo EP
1. What Time Taught Us (4:07)
2. Mandala (4:55)

White EP
1. Home (3:55)
2. Fall and Flee (4:05)
3. No God (3:49)
4. Lost But Not All Gone (3:58)

Search THE DEAR HUNTER The Color Spectrum: Complete Collection lyrics

Search THE DEAR HUNTER The Color Spectrum: Complete Collection tabs

- Casey Crescenzo / Vocals, Piano, Guitar
- Nick Crescenzo / Drums, Percussion, Vocals
- Maxwell Tousseau / Guitar, Vocals
- Erick Serna / Guitar, Vocals
- Nate Patterson / Bass, Vocals

The Color Spectrum consists of 9 EPs. Full release listed above only available on vinyl.

Thanks to thomen0815 for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DEAR HUNTER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DEAR HUNTER The Color Spectrum: Complete Collection Music

The Color Spectrum: The Complete CollectionThe Color Spectrum: The Complete Collection
Box set
Sound Pollution 2014
Act I: The Lake South the River NorthAct I: The Lake South the River North
Triple Crown 2014
Vinyl$16.38
Act II: Meaning of & All Things Regarding Ms Leadi by Dear Hunter (2007) Audio CDAct II: Meaning of & All Things Regarding Ms Leadi by Dear Hunter (2007) Audio CD
Triple Crown
Migrant - Dear Hunter US $10.84 Buy It Now 4h 49m
Dear Hunter - Color Spectrum [CD New] US $13.03 Buy It Now 15h 27m
the dear hunter limited edition cd US $42.49 Buy It Now 18h 11m
Dear Hunter - Act I: Lake South The River North [CD New] US $8.13 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DEAR HUNTER - ACT I: THE LAKE SOUTH, THE RIVER NORTH - NEW CD US $5.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Dear Hunter - Act Ii: Meaning Of & All Things R [CD New] US $12.63 Buy It Now 1 day
DEAR HUNTER - COLOR SPECTRUM NEW CD US $20.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Dear Hunter - Act Ii: Meaning Of & All Things R CD US $16.29 Buy It Now 2 days
Dear Hunter - Color Spectrum CD US $16.92 Buy It Now 2 days
Dear Hunter - Migrant CD US $16.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Dear Hunter Act I, Act II, Act III (1, 2, 3) SEALED Black 180g LPs 300 ONLY! US $109.99 [0 bids]
The Dear Hunter - Act III: Life and Death white 2xLP gatefold US $19.99 [1 bids]
THE DEAR HUNTER - ACT II: THE MEANING OF, AND ALL THINGS REGARDING MS. - NEW CD US $12.09 Buy It Now 3 days
SUPER RARE The Dear Hunter Act 3 180g Vinyl Record x/300 III color migrant US $34.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dear Hunter, The - Migrant Reprise NEW CD Digi US $17.13 Buy It Now 5 days
A MICHAEL CIMINO'S"THE DEAR HUNTER"ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK JAPAN RARE CD with PS US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE DEAR HUNTER-RBERT DE NIRO-SOUNDTRACK-10 TRACK CD -1989 -FREE FASTPOST US $11.02 Buy It Now 6 days
The Color Spectrum Live by The Dear Hunter (DVD, Mar-2013, Triple Crown... US $11.25 Buy It Now 6 days
Dear Hunter - Migrant Reprise [CD New] US $20.64 Buy It Now 7 days
Dear Hunter, Migrant Audio CD US $15.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Dear Hunter - Color Spectrum: The Complete Collect [CD New] US $25.58 Buy It Now 8 days
The Dear Hunter - Migrant Reprise (NEW CD) US $20.78 Buy It Now 8 days
DEAR HUNTER - COLOR SPECTRUM: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION (+DVD) NEW CD US $42.21 Buy It Now 8 days
The Color Spectrum [The Complete Collection] [Box] by The Dear Hunter (CD,... US $22.62 Buy It Now 8 days
The Dear Hunter The Color Spectrum Vinyl Box Set RARE LP Record US $137.50 [4 bids]
THE DEAR HUNTER - MIGRANT [DIGIPAK] * - NEW CD US $9.19 Buy It Now 10 days
The Dear Hunter ?- Act III Life And Death White Vinyl 2XLP (manchester orchestra US $69.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Color Spectrum - Dear Hunter US $11.64 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DEAR HUNTER - ACT III: LIFE AND DEATH [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $10.53 Buy It Now 11 days
Amour & Attrition - Casey Crescenzo (The Dear Hunter) With Signed Score Book US $125.00 Buy It Now 11 days
DEAR HUNTER - ACT III: LIFE & DEATH (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $20.97 Buy It Now 12 days
COLOR SPECTRUM BY DEAR HUNTER (CD) US $20.41 Buy It Now 12 days
Dear Hunter - Color Spectrum: The Complete Collection W/ DVD CD US $33.32 Buy It Now 12 days
Dear Hunter - Migrant Reprise CD US $20.65 Buy It Now 12 days
Dear Hunter - Act I: The Lake South The River North CD US $11.60 Buy It Now 12 days
Dear Hunter - Act III: Life & Death Dig CD US $16.92 Buy It Now 12 days
DEAR HUNTER THE - MIGRANT REPRISE - RDR091 US $17.98 Buy It Now 13 days
Migrant, Dear Hunter, New US $13.46 Buy It Now 13 days
Dear Hunter - Act Iii: Life & Death [CD New] US $13.06 Buy It Now 14 days
THE DEAR HUNTER - THE COLOR SPECTRUM - NEW CD US $10.53 Buy It Now 14 days
Color Spectrum:complete Collection - Dear Hunter US $25.59 Buy It Now 14 days
Dear Hunter - Migrant (2013) - New - Compact Disc US $10.43 Buy It Now 14 days
DEAR HUNTER - ACT I: THE LAKE SOUTH THE RIVER NORTH NEW CD US $12.89 Buy It Now 14 days
DEAR HUNTER - MIGRANT REPRISE NEW CD US $25.23 Buy It Now 14 days
Dear Hunter - Migrant [CD New] US $12.14 Buy It Now 15 days
THE DEAR HUNTER THE COLOR SPECTRUM WHITE VINYL LP SEALED NEW US $79.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Act Iii:life And Death - Dear Hunter US $11.64 Buy It Now 16 days
Act II: The Meaning Of, And All Things Regarding Ms. Leading, The Dear Hunter, G US $9.64 Buy It Now 16 days
Dear Hunter - Act Ii The Meaning Of And All (2007) - Used - Compact Disc US $5.95 Buy It Now 17 days
DEAR HUNTER - ACT II: MEANING OF & ALL THINGS REGARDING MS LEADI NEW CD US $20.20 Buy It Now 17 days
Dear Hunter Spectrum Live DVD US $19.02 Buy It Now 18 days
The Dear Hunter - ACT III Vinyl LP 2x 2xLP OOP /300 180g Black 3 II 2 US $29.99 Buy It Now 18 days
DEAR HUNTER-ACT III: LIFE & DEATH VINYL LP NEW US $18.87 Buy It Now 19 days
Dear Hunter - Act Iii: Life & Death [Vinyl New] US $24.98 Buy It Now 19 days
Dear Hunter - Act Ii: The Meaning Of & All Things Regarding Ms [Vinyl New] US $24.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Dear Hunter - Act I: The Lake South The River North [Vinyl New] US $21.21 Buy It Now 19 days
DEAR HUNTER - ACT I: THE LAKE SOUTH THE RIVER NORTH NEW VINYL US $25.80 Buy It Now 19 days
DEAR HUNTER - ACT II: THE MEANING OF & ALL THINGS REGARDING MS NEW VINYL US $31.39 Buy It Now 19 days
The Dear Hunter Act III: Life and Death LP 180g Vinyl US $35.00 Buy It Now 19 days
The Dear Hunter Act I: The Lake South, the River North 180g Vinyl SEALED US $39.00 Buy It Now 19 days
Migrant [Digipak] * by The Dear Hunter (CD, Apr-2013, Equal Vision) US $9.21 Buy It Now 20 days
Migrant [Digipak] * by The Dear Hunter (CD, Feb-2014, Rude Records) US $17.70 Buy It Now 20 days
The Dear Hunter ACT I: THE LAKE SOUTH, THE RIVER NORTH Debut Album NEW VINYL LP US $16.99 Buy It Now 20 days
DEAR HUNTER THE - MIGRANT - EVR229CD US $18.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Act III: Life and Death by The Dear Hunter (Vinyl, Dec-2009, 2 Discs, Triple... US $22.02 Buy It Now 21 days
Act I: The Lake South, The River North by The Dear Hunter (CD, Sep-2006,... US $5.17 Buy It Now 21 days
Act I: the Lake South the River North - Dear Hunter New & Sealed CD Free Shippin US $23.41 Buy It Now 22 days
Act Ii: the Meaning of & All Things Regarding Ms - Dear Hunter New & Sealed CD F US $27.70 Buy It Now 22 days
Act II: Meaning of & All Things Regarding Ms Leadi, Dear Hunter, New US $13.68 Buy It Now 22 days
DEAR HUNTER:Leaves:The:T-shirt NEW:LARGE ONLY US $28.23 Buy It Now 23 days
DEAR HUNTER:Swine:The:T-shirt NEW:SMALL ONLY US $28.23 Buy It Now 23 days
THE DEAR HUNTER PRESENTS: THE COLOR SPECTRUM LIVE - NEW DVD US $14.20 Buy It Now 26 days
The Dear Hunter ACT III: LIFE AND DEATH Gatefold TRIPLE CROWN New Vinyl 2 LP US $20.99 Buy It Now 26 days
THE DEAR HUNTER - THE COLOR SPECTRUM [THE COMPLETE COLLECTION] - NEW CD BOXSET US $29.92 Buy It Now 26 days
DEAR HUNTER - MIGRANT NEW CD US $19.43 Buy It Now 26 days
Act I: The Lake South the River North, Dear Hunter, Excellent US $7.40 Buy It Now 27 days
DEAR HUNTER - COLOR SPECTRUM LIVE NEW DVD US $23.29 Buy It Now 28 days
The Dear Hunter - The Migrations Annex Vinyl Box Set (circa survive, thrice) US $59.99 Buy It Now 28 days
Casey Crescenzo ?- Amour & Attrition Vinyl TEST PRESSING 55/100 (the dear hunter US $119.99 Buy It Now 28 days
Migrant [Digipak] * by The Dear Hunter (CD, Apr-2013, Equal Vision) US $7.58 Buy It Now 29 days
The Color Spectrum by Dear Hunter (The) (CD, Jun-2011, Triple Crown Records) US $13.65 Buy It Now 29 days
Act 2 II: Meaning of and & All Things Regarding Ms. Leading by the Dear Hunter US $11.99 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy THE DEAR HUNTER music online Buy THE DEAR HUNTER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DEAR HUNTER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DEAR HUNTER The Color Spectrum: Complete Collection ratings distribution

THE DEAR HUNTER The Color Spectrum: Complete Collection reviews

Review by The Truth
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
4 stars Casey Crescenzo and his project The Dear Hunter are one of the greatest bands my generation will ever see, he creates music that is so thoughtful and beautiful yet remains very mainstream and accessible. And yet he isn't afraid to let a little self-indulgence show like releasing nine EPs at once.

This collection is essential listening for almost every fan of prog rock (the standard edition just doesn't give you the full listening experience). Each EP has it's own atmosphere, flavor, texture, etc. and yet it's all connected in some weird way. While not all tracks are completely flawless (many on the first half of the collection are almost too mainstream for me) there literally is not a bad one. The guy just rights good songs, he has never, and I mean never, released a song that isn't well composed and well performed. That's just not how he does things.

This release really shows the solidity of The Dear Hunter and their ability to produce extremely grandoise and majestic releases while never getting to far "out there". Real highlights are the Green, Indigo and White EPs but you really can't go wrong with any of them.

An excellent release and intermission in The Dear Hunter 6-album project. Can't wait for more from these guys, Act IV or not.

Send comments to The Truth (BETA) | Report this review (#473116) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 30, 2011

Review by VanVanVan
3 stars A bit of a departure from the Six-Act concept album cycle, to be sure, but there's some stellar material here and any Dear Hunter fan is doing him or herself a grave disservice by ignoring this release, or not listening to it in its entirety. While Casey Crescenzo may have scaled back the prog sensibilities a little bit here in favor of a more streamlined sound, the variety in this 9 EP set is tremendous, and in my opinion any fan of the group needs to hear all 2.5 hours of it (preferably in sequence) to really grasp its scope. It's certainly not perfect, but definitely well worth having.

I usually do a track by track commentary in my reviews, but there's just too many songs here for me to do that effectively. Instead, I'll go "EP by EP" and hopefully that will work out.

"Black" starts off the cycle, and as you might expect, it's a pretty dark affair. Casey pulls out some extremely raw vocals (even by his standards) and overall the lyrics are pretty bleak. To be honest, without some of the progginess found in the Acts, the Black EP comes off sounding a little too much like standard alt-rock, which isn't a bad thing in and of itself, but it's just not my cup of tea. Because of this, the Black EP is probably my least favorite of the set.

"Red" follows much in the same vein, but it's catchier and a little less dark, and I think that helps it quite a bit. It still has the same problem (in my opinion) of sounding too generic for the Dear Hunter, but it's certainly not bad.

"Orange" is where I think things really start to get interesting. From the first chords of the first song, you know that the Dear Hunter is forging into new territory. It's not unreasonable to say that outside of the Color Spectrum the DH doesn't really have a lot of very happy songs, but everything on this EP just radiates a kind of cheery energy.

"Yellow" is even more cheery, and I think it's probably my favorite EP of the group. I had the privilege of seeing TDH live and they played a couple from this EP, and the songs on this EP breathe like nothing the Dear Hunter has ever released before.

"Green" and "Blue" are both very restrained, folky sets. I always like when songwriters deviate from the kind of music they usually make, because it proves to me that when someone is truly talented they can write anything and make it sound good. Both "Blue" and "Green" are very relaxing and easy to listen to, which perhaps isn't something that could have been said about a lot of the Dear Hunter's earlier work.

The EP set closes with "Indigo," "Violet," and "White," and they all contain probably the closest material to the Dear Hunter's previous work. However, without the proggy arrangements, I think they fall a bit short of the high bar the band has set with its previous work. There are some great songs, to be sure, but in my opinion the magic just isn't there.

Overall, this is a great collection of songs, but in my opinion it just feels too much like a side- trip to be held up to the same standard set by the band's first three albums. "The Color Spectrum" is absolutely worth having for fans of the band, and could perhaps even serve as an intro to for prog-wary listeners. However, as I don't really think any of these EPs show a hint of progressive rock, I really don't think I can say this is necessary music to have. "Good, but non-essential" pretty much sums it up.

3/5

Send comments to VanVanVan (BETA) | Report this review (#568996) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
3 stars I suppose I could just copied parts of what I was writing for the last few hours in Singles/EP sections, but you can easily find it there, so I won't make more of it. Needless to say that I was uncertain about what rating finally give. There are some four stars, most of them three stars and even one (indigo) with two stars rating. Well, but it's a hell of a concept, ambitious and proceeded more or less well. The length of it is inevitable, there's not much more to do about it, but still, it can get tiresome, just to listen so many minutes at once. The only that long album I had no problems with was Moon Safari's Blomljud, but that's an exception (even these Collosus compilations in VA section were too long to listen at once, as is this). 3 stars, but be vary that these are 3(+), almost four, but not quite. It's a terrific concept, but I have a candidate for 4 stars, you can see it with trimmed down version of this album.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#607522) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012

5 stars One of the most difficult issues I have when writing a review is where to start. That's why I don't write too many reviews. And with this album, or collection of EPs to be more accurate, I am having more difficulty than ever; not because there's nothing to say - far from it. This collection of songs ... (read more)

Report this review (#502338) | Posted by Baggiesfaninuk | Saturday, August 13, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE DEAR HUNTER "The Color Spectrum: Complete Collection"