The Reptilians

- Chance "305" Smith / basses

Label: Spacnum records
Released: April, 2010

Thanks to Rune2000 for the addition

THE REPTILIANS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Collaborate with, learn how to submit new MP3s.

Buy THE REPTILIANS The Mentalist Music

More places to buy THE REPTILIANS music online Buy THE REPTILIANS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE REPTILIANS The Mentalist ratings distribution

THE REPTILIANS The Mentalist reviews

Review by Rune2000
4 stars I might as well admit that I'm a sucker for groovy Post Metal riffs performed in slow progression patterns. Tool were one of the first bands to bring this style to a wider audience but that doesn't mean that there's no room left for growth and the Reptilians clearly show just that on their 2010 EP The Mentalist!The easiest way I can describe the music, incorporated in this 27 minute opus, is by calling it a crossover between Isis and GY!BE. If this combination fits you then stop wasting you time on my review and start downloading this free EP off Spacnum records' website!

What truly caught my attention was the feeling that the band members were quite sure of themselves all throughout the entire performance. This becomes even more surprising when realizing that this particular lineup hasn't been around for that long although one already gets the feeling that they've been on a career-spanning adventure together and that The Mentalist is just one of the many pieces that they have in their arsenal!

If you like hypnotic music that feels smart and thought-provoking, all at once, then The Mentalist is a perfect EP for you. The only minor complaint I have to do with the way the composition ends. The last 2+ feature a looped sound bite that eventually fades out into complete silence that carries on for another minute or so. I would have definitely wanted to end this masterpiece of a track with a much more appropriately coherent outro and ending it right around the 25-minute mark is what would have done the trick. The Reptillians have definitely amazed me with their very mature approach to music that we already know and love. So get over your grieving about Isis and give this one a go!

**** star songs: The Mentalist (27:17)

Post a review of THE REPTILIANS "The Mentalist"