VARIABLE AMBIT

Search AUBE Variable Ambit lyrics

Search AUBE Variable Ambit tabs

Akifumi Nakajima / Everything

Label : Housepig

Thanks to Sheavy for the addition

AUBE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy AUBE Variable Ambit Music

Luna 2000
Audio CD$22.99 (used)
108108
Aube Cock Esp Cd Only 1000 Printed 1St Ed VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 29m 52s
SMELL & QUIM CD Prurient Grunt Whitehouse Taint Merzbow Vomir Coil MSBR SPK Aube US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 54m
CHAOS AS SHELTER Dawn Syndrome CD Aube Maurizio Bianchi Yen Pox Rapoon Zero Kama US $8.00 [0 bids]
C.C.C.C. CD(Vomir, The Rita, Merzbow, Prurient, Incapacitants, Aube) US $10.00 [2 bids]
SIAN Sink/Assign CD Manifold 1997 Noise MERZBOW Experimental AUBE ambient US $6.00 [0 bids]
Hafler Trio "Brain Song" Ltd 12" '86 Psychic TV Zoviet France Coil Organum Aube US $28.00 Buy It Now 1 day
AUBE - CHAIN [RE]ACTION - BN001CD US $11.09 Buy It Now 1 day
Vincent Vallières - Fabriquer l'aube (CD 2013) US $16.05 Buy It Now 1 day
Alex Nevsky - De Lune A L'Aube [CD New] US $28.93 Buy It Now 1 day
Aghiatrias - Regions of Limen, coil, aube US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Felix Leclerc it Pieds Nus Dans L'Aube Philips 849482/3 2LP US $22.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CONTAGIOUS ORGASM seeking LP NEW merzbow incapacitants aube msbr hanatarash US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NERVE NET NOISE meteor circuit CD NEW howard stelzer rlw p16.d4 aube hafler trio US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
HALL OF MIRRORS black CD NEW seele nimh aube nefelheim maurizio bianchi deison US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AUBE nagisa nite NOAKI ZUSHI orbital CD NEW japan lafms john duncan merzbow US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AUBE reworks maurizio bianchi vol.2 CD mauthausen orchestra atrax morgue merzbow US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ROBOCHANMAN strugglediver CD SEALED merzbow masonna incapacitants msbr aube k2 US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SEAMUS forever CD nimh aube seele laudanum maribor under the snow US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NIMH secrets CD NEW maurizio bianchi aube nefelheim deison tasaday kinetix seele US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
78 RPM YVES MONTAND/C'EST A L'AUBE/LE GAMIN DE PARIS US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AUBE reworks stefano gentile II CD maurizio bianchi merzbow opium deison nimh US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NIMH missing CD NEW maurizio bianchi aube seele nefelheim deison alio dei opium US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPIELEREI & MANTACOUP cold war CD NEW aube nimh seele alio die michael mantra US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AUBE reworks stefano gentile CD maurizio bianchi merzbow opium deison nimh US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID KRISTIAN goem AUBE farmers manual JUSTIN BROADRICK rehberg bauer KID606 CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NOSESOUL ethik CD DVD doubling riders opium aube nimh maurizio bianchi seele US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AUBE reworks nimh CD maurizio bianchi merzbow hall of mirrors opium deison US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BILLY? calego CD NEW daruin oval aube busratch computer soup autechre merzbow US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BILLY? clinamen CD NEW daruin oval aube busratch computer soup autechre merzbow US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ONOMATOPOEIA marble CD NEW smell & quim putrefier merzbow kapotte muziek k2 aube US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BILLY? rhizome CD NEW daruin oval aube busratch computer soup autechre merzbow US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KNURL cytostatic CDr NEW blockaders merzbow aube haters prurient phlode pyrox US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PAIN JERK COURTIS CD Masonna Incapacitants Hijokaidan Merzbow Boredoms MSBR Aube US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GUILTY C. .NYCTALOPS. CD MSBR Aube Hijokaidan Incapacitants Merzbow Masonna US $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Aube Metal De Metal CD VG- Merzbow Masonna US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LES GUILLOTINES L'aube / L'Absinthe 7" CROQUE MACADAM CRM001 RARE INDIE 2011 NM US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
DANY AUBE - Ma casquette / Raccompagne-moi 45 rpm French Pop Québec 1966 US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AUBE sshe retina stimulants PIC DISC LP NEW merzbow sigillum s brume maeror tri US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Mes Annees 60 * by Claude Lévéillée (CD, Jan-2007, Editions de l'Aube) US $12.49 Buy It Now 2 days
DANY AUBE :CANADA FRENCH QUEBEC POP La fille du pacha ( 1968) US $11.59 Buy It Now 2 days
DANY AUBE "MA CASQUETTE" US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DEBUSSY / PIAU / LAMY / TALHOUET - MUSIQUE FRANCAISE A L'AUBE DU XXE NEW CD US $24.67 Buy It Now 2 days
DANY AUBE 45 RPM "Ma Casquette | Raccompagne-Moi" VEDETTES CANADA 1966 US $9.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Aube 8xCD SINGLES & VINYLS merzbow japan noise drone US $150.00 [0 bids]
Vincent Vallières - Fabriquer l'aube NEW CD US $22.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ALEX NEVSKY - DE LUNE A L'AUBE [DIGIPAK] * - NEW CD US $25.95 Buy It Now 2 days
CD JOHANNE AUBÉ - Se taire un peu plus fort - 13 Titres - 2011 - {Aube} - SIGNÉ! US $10.66 Buy It Now 2 days
Aube: Live In Besancon 1997 (CD) NEW!! US $53.79 [0 bids]
SMELL & QUIM CD Prurient Grunt Whitehouse Taint Merzbow Vomir Coil MSBR SPK Aube US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AMPLIFIED CRYSTAL Cosmic Coincidence Control Center C.C.C.C. cccc AUBE sealed!!! US $60.00 [0 bids]
DANY AUBE TOI, MON COEUR 45 Rpm Vinyl~Canada Pressing~TC TC 4033 US $18.98 Buy It Now 2 days
COCK E.S.P. Excessive Size Punisher CD lim 500 merzbow masonna aube macronympha US $2.99 [0 bids]
Eir Aoi: Aube (2014) Japan / CD & DVD & 48p PHOTO BOOKLET TAIWAN SEALED US $23.88 Buy It Now 3 days
DANY AUBE LP " Noël Avec Dany Aubé " TRANS-CANADA 1968' US $15.95 [0 bids]
ANDREE AUBE ET YVAN DUCHAME - CONTES DE NOEL - LP / CHRISTMAS US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Maurizio Bianchi AUBE - MECTPYO SAISEI CD US $12.83 Buy It Now 3 days
Aube ?- Dazzle Reflexion Special Edition Box Set Limited to 50 copies merzbow LE US $166.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE HAFLER TRIO - AUBE, COIL, DVA, ZOVIET, TAGC US $35.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Aube Collection (Japan CD) - Various Artists. US $4.98 Buy It Now 4 days
Aube ?Triad Thread US $9.79 Buy It Now 4 days
Z'EV CD Andrew Chalk LAFMS MB Maurizio Bianchi Psychic TV Aube Zoviet France NON US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ELD-OMALA WHITE STAINS PHAUSS KARKOWSKI CD Psychic TV Zoviet France MSBR Aube US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ASMUS TIETCHENS RICHARD CHARTIER 2 CD Stockhausen Conrad Schnitzler Aube Merzbow US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
K2 Kimihide Kusafuka CD Merzbow Incapacitants Hijokaidan Masonna Aube MSBR CCCC US $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MERZBOW CD Incapacitants Hijokaidan Aube Boredoms MSBR Astro CCCC Masonna US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MERZBOW Z'EV CD LAFMS Haters Incapacitants Masonna Hijokaidan Aube MSBR Boredoms US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MERZBOW NORDVARGR CD MZ.412 Folkstorm Incapacitants Hijokaidan Aube Masonna US $13.99 Buy It Now 4 days
PRURIENT Vatican Shadow Cold Cave CD Grunt Nine Inch Nails Coil Macronympha Aube US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
AUBE COLLECTION - Japan CD Hamasaki Ayumi Aikawa Nanase Favorite Blue Tiptory US $8.54 Buy It Now 5 days
AUBE Purification To Numbness CDR japanese experimental noise CCCC merzbow NEW US $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Beethoven/Schubert - A L'Aube Du Romantisme (The Dawn Of Romanticism) [CD New] US $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Telepherique Contagious Orgasm "Cyouwa" CD Ltd '02 Coil Vromb Aube Brume Organum US $12.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Bastard Noise/Merzbow Voice Pie split CD masonna man is the japanoise aube msbr US $6.99 [0 bids]
New Aoi Eir AUBE Limited Edition A CD Blu-ray Japan Sirius Niji no Oto US $65.00 Buy It Now 6 days
New Aoi Eir AUBE Limited Edition B CD DVD Japan Kill La Kill Sirius Niji no Oto US $60.00 Buy It Now 6 days
DANY AUBE LP LA FILLE DU PACHA TRANS CANADA CANADA 1968 EXCELLENT US $17.95 Buy It Now 7 days
DANY AUBE QUEBEC FEMALE SINGER LP NOEL AVEC DANY TRANS CANADA 1968 EXCELLENT US $17.95 Buy It Now 7 days
AUBE vs SSHE SHE RETINA STIMULANTS-video field recordings-DUEBEL GERMANY PIC US $22.88 Buy It Now 7 days
DAS PRAPARAT, HAFLER TRIO, MAEROR TRI, AUBE, TAGC US $12.00 Buy It Now 7 days
VARIOUS ARTISTS Six Doors CD Luasa Raelon Bastard Noise Aube Guilty Connector US $9.98 Buy It Now 7 days
Aube L.O.S.D. edition of 500 Japanese Experimental Noise Classic US $17.00 Buy It Now 7 days
AUSTRIA import JAPANOISE Of Death II CD AUBE KK Null MERZBOW Limited NEW sealed US $17.98 Buy It Now 7 days
Michele Richard - Dany Aube - Pierre Lalonde Les Classels Menard Shrink Mint LP US $8.88 Buy It Now 8 days
KK NULL ZENI GEVA CD MSBR Aube Rohco Incapacitants Hijokaidan Merzbow Japanoise US $12.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DANY AUBE LP " Dany Aubé " TRANS- CANADA ** Quebec POP YÉYÉ ** US $15.95 Buy It Now 8 days
KK NULL Oxygen Flash CD Japanese avant electronic noise Zeni Geva NEW aube msbr US $14.98 Buy It Now 8 days
MARCEL COMINOTTO - SONATE/CHANTS DE L AUBE/KLAVIERSTUCKE (IMPORT) NEW CD US $36.21 Buy It Now 8 days
Marcel Cominotto - Sonate/Chants De L Aube/Klavierstucke [CD New] US $32.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Dawn and Dusk Entwined - A l'Aube des Jours Anciens CD (2011} Goth / Industrial US $6.42 [0 bids]
Aube - Set On CD NEW Ltd ed in tiles japanese nosie ambient merzbow kk null US $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
DANY AUBE 45 " Il M'appelait .. Goguette / Dans Un ... " VEDETTES Canada 1966' US $9.95 Buy It Now 9 days
Aube - Chemical Brothers [CD New] US $46.75 Buy It Now 9 days
PEOPLE LIKE US - THERMOS EXPLORER, AUBE, CLOCKDVA US $12.00 Buy It Now 10 days
DANY AUBE RARE LP DANY ET LES ENFANTS TC MAXIMUM CANADA 1969 US $17.95 Buy It Now 10 days
LOOP CIRCUIT Sound On Sound 12" LP Vinyl Aube LTD NEW US $39.99 Buy It Now 11 days
TAKASHI KAKO l'aube JAPAN CD US $16.99 Buy It Now 11 days
12 Tele Succes - Les Classels Dany Aube Lalonde Jean Malo Nichol Ginette Menard US $12.00 Buy It Now 12 days
ENNIO MORRICONE A l'aube du 5eme jour French 7 Textured PS US $4.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Ludwig Van Beethoven-A L`Aube Du Romantisme CD NEW US $15.69 Buy It Now 12 days
L'aube Du Romantisme (dawn Of Romanti 0822186053423, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P US $24.96 Buy It Now 12 days

More places to buy AUBE music online Buy AUBE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for AUBE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

AUBE Variable Ambit ratings distribution

AUBE Variable Ambit reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
1 stars 'Variable Ambit' - Aube (1/10)

Be it some sort of oddly morbid fascination, but on top of striving to find the best music out there, I also find myself attracted to albums that are universally panned and considered the 'worst'. It is indeed interesting how everyone may own a different set of ears, but when it comes down to it, we can agree on some things generally speaking. Yes' 'Close To The Edge' is a masterpiece of prog rock, Iron Maiden's 'Number Of The Beast' is a classic for heavy metal, and so forth. But perhaps for the same psychological reasoning that made Rebecca Black's 'Friday' such a hit, I've found myself drawn towards Aube's 'Variable Ambit', an album that was described to me by a new friend as one of the worst things imaginable. While there are albums like 'St. Anger' that people love to hate most often, I get the feeling after even sampling what 'Variable Ambit' is all about that it may very well not only be one of, but the most unpleasant album I have ever heard. I wish I was joking.

First, it should be covered that I am not opposed to 'noise' music, there is some that I actually like quite a bit. Ambient music is also no problem for me. However, when music literally causes physical duress while listening to it, there can be a problem. Aube opens up this album with one of the most cringing sounds I have ever heard; a high pitched beep that was physically painful to hear regardless of how low I turned the volume down. The first three seconds of 'Variable Ambit' should cover why I hate this. While even one high pitched electronic bleep would have put me off the album for good, the sound keeps repeating; getting more painful as your ears beg you to mute it.

To prove that I have in fact listened to the album (and am sorely regretting it), the title track 'Variable Ambit' and 'Ambush' are the two tracks which feature this high pitched bleeping the most, and regardless of how open your mind is to music, the sheer frequency may result in a migraine, so you are warned. Apart from that, there is some electronic ambiance of a lower register that is nothing pleasant to listen to, but is at least interesting in the way the sound is tweaked and mechanized. A droning hum that the noise musician here noodles around with can make some pretty strange sounds here, but there is the feeling that there was absolutely no purpose to what he is doing here, instead tending to fiddle around with his equipment seemingly at random. While that would be worth saying some negative things about in the first place, it seems like gold when compared to the dreaded bleeps. And while it would often be narrow to focus on one sound in reviewing an album, that's what composes much of the album's sound.

If five seconds of this album could cause me pain, then I could never recommend this to anyone, not even an intense fan of noise music. Calling this album horrible stops becoming a matter of personal taste once the sounds start damaging one's hearing range. Perhaps the album can be used as some rite of initiation in the Yakuza to make sure only the strong are admitted into their ranks. Atrociously bad.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#476519) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Review by colorofmoney91
4 stars This newly released album by Aube is jam packed full of alienating discomfort. Fortunately, I kind of like it. I've been a fan of other Japanese noise artists (Merzbow, Masonna, etc.) for some time now, and Aube is always an interesting listen. This album, Variable Ambit, is not far off from other albums in the noise genre, but it comes of as a bit subdued when compared to albums that are being released by Aube's contemporaries.

The sound of this album is often earsplitting. I would believe that just about any other human on this planet has an evolutionary response to shun anything that sounds like the music present on this album. But, if you can get past that response, the earsplitting ambience and drones are quite pleasant. If you've ever been in a silent room all by yourself, and suddenly your ears start to ring and everything else around you seems only slightly louder (dripping sink, oscillating of a fan, ticking of a clock, etc.) then you'll understand the sound of this album. The resonating and echoing qualities of this album give it an eerie industrial kind of feel that is actually very refreshing, since Merzbow tends to be full-force train-wreck soundtracks. The Kiyoshi Kurosawa film Kairo (a.k.a. Pulse, here in the states), though I don't recall the sound of the soundtrack, I would imagine would be greatly paired with this album for its ghostly and computerized/industrialized manipulations of terror and insanity.

Maybe this review doesn't make this album sound pleasant at all, but I'm sure fellow noise fans will understand my position. I'll be honest, the first few seconds made me believe that Variable Ambit was going to be completely unbearable. I figured that the earsplitting demonic zap at the album's start was a precursor to complete brain-scrambling frequencies, and I need my brain, me being a very serious student. Fortunately, this album is just as enjoyable as my favorite noise albums, and has definitely become one of my favorites. This isn't very accessible by any means, but again, I'm sure other noise fans will find much to love about this noisy album.

Send comments to colorofmoney91 (BETA) | Report this review (#477396) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Review by Negoba
1 stars In Violation of the Geneva Conventions

Like Conor, I found my way to this album on its reputation as one of the worst ever. Before anyone even attempts to play this piece, I'd like to provide some idea of what it is. Variable Ambit is a sonic experiment where artist Akifumi Nakajima twiddles with what sounds like a frequency generator for about an hour. Rather than using the pure oscilloscope wave forms, he uses a specific sampled source sound for each record. On VA it's feedback. If you've ever had a hearing test and listened as the examiner dials through the frequencies, that's the basic sound of the album. Some degree of layering does occur, and some effects are applied, but for the most part this is collection of pure tones manipulated for emotional effect without anything resembling traditional music.

Nakajima actually does a few moderately interesting things with his frequency designs, and some of those ideas are better on VA than other albums of his I sampled. However, this album has a specific quality that makes it perhaps a perfect weapon of torture. While the artist does cover the frequency spectrum to some degree, for some reason he concentrates on the 5000- 15000 hz range which is at the upper limit of older human's hearing. Even 5000 hz is high enough to sound like a whistle, and Aube keeps this frequency range at high volume throughout much of the album. While there's no accounting for taste, I think that most people find these tones noxious, if not downright painful. The mix is such that in order to bring the whistles down to non-painful levels, everything else drops out. Careful use of a graphic equalizer might help, but that assumes the listener is interested enough in the sound experiment to put that much work in.

If you like noise experiments, the parts without the whistle register tones are mildly interesting. I could see them being used in a trippy horror movie. But even then, there's not really enough going on to merit listening to this on its own. Its only possibly function (in my mind) would be as a soundtrack to some un-named activity or other experimental art piece.

I actually would have rated this 2/5 without the pain part. But it was EXTREMELY hard to listen to this album all the way through. I did it. It was like a sonic uphill marathon. I may actually try rate some of Aube's other work above 1 star, but this one will be only for enemies.

Send comments to Negoba (BETA) | Report this review (#480378) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 11, 2011

Review by The Truth
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
3 stars I'm a noise fan.

Just thought I'd say that before I ramble.

Not many can handle the pure walls of noise that for me creates a really beautiful sort of texture that is unreachable otherwise. Artists like Aube and Merzbow (both Japanese artists, I might add) are excellent in the art of manipulating noise and creating some really great music that, despite it's aggressiveness, I find very listenable.

Now this Aube album turned even me off in the start with those high static pitches in the beginning, but that is nowhere near the best part of the album. It's a shame, really, starting off that badly. That's the kind of noise that just gives me a headache. After the first track, the rest of the album is much more gentle (if you can call it that) and enjoyable. Aube is amazing when it comes to production and it shows, the Merzbow-like sounds are what make up the rest of the album.

For the brave of heart, and the first track needs to be skipped.

3 stars.

Send comments to The Truth (BETA) | Report this review (#582176) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 04, 2011

Post a review of AUBE "Variable Ambit"