VARIABLE AMBIT

Search AUBE Variable Ambit lyrics

Search AUBE Variable Ambit tabs

Akifumi Nakajima / Everything

Label : Housepig

Thanks to Sheavy for the addition

AUBE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy AUBE Variable Ambit Music

Chain [RE] ActionChain [RE] Action
Blossoming Noise 2005
MaschinenwerkMaschinenwerk
Charnel Music 1996
ARTIFICIAL MEMORY TRACE erozion LP NEW jerome noetinger rlw michael prime aube US $14.99 [0 bids]
LASSE MARHAUG maja ratkje LP NEW fe-mail jazzkammer john wiese fennesz aube pita US $14.99 [0 bids]
DISSECTING TABLE hell #/100 CD NEW merzbow incapacitants masonna aube msbr US $19.99 [0 bids]
DMDN agnosties LP NEW blockaders merzbow kapotte muziek le syndicat aube haters US $19.99 [0 bids]
DISSECTING TABLE treatment #/100 CD NEW merzbow incapacitants masonna aube msbr US $19.99 [0 bids]
AUBE & TELEPHERIQUE duebel LP NEW kapotte muziek asmus tietchens nww maeror tri US $19.99 [0 bids]
BRUME & TBC christian renou LP NEW lt caramel asmus tietchens aube maeror tri US $19.99 [0 bids]
ORIGAMI GALAKTIKA speeding BLUE LP NEW kapotte muziek maeror tri aube kallabris US $19.99 [0 bids]
CONTAGIOUS ORGASM daft LP NEW blockaders merzbow aube masonna hanatarash msbr US $19.99 [0 bids]
BRUME telepherique 2LP NEW asmus tietchens kapotte muziek maeror tri aube troum US $19.99 [0 bids]
C.C.C.C. cccc LP NEW blockaders merzbow incapacitants hijo kaidan aube masonna US $24.99 [0 bids]
5h
AUBE deglaze CLEAR LP NEW merzbow asmus tietchens organum nurse with wound coil US $24.99 [0 bids]
5h
AUBE sshe retina stimulants PIC DISC LP NEW merzbow sigillum s brume maeror tri US $24.99 [0 bids]
5h
CONTAGIOUS ORGASM mannequin LP NEW kk null merzbow masonna aube hanatarash msbr US $24.99 [0 bids]
5h
CONTAGIOUS ORGASM seeking LP NEW merzbow incapacitants aube msbr hanatarash US $24.99 [0 bids]
5h
AUBE cerebral PICTURE DISC LP NEW merzbow asmus tietchens the haters hanatarash US $24.99 [0 bids]
5h
AUBE spiral PIC DISC LP NEW asmus tietchens merzbow nurse with wound schimpfluch US $29.99 [0 bids]
MSBR ultimate LP NEW blockaders merzbow incapacitants masonna hanatarash aube US $49.99 [0 bids]
AUBE violet blue red 3xLP SET NEW blockaders merzbow hanatarash p16.d4 nww coil US $149.99 [0 bids]
AUBE ruminant CASSETTE NEW blockaders merzbow the haters asmus tietchens nww US $24.99 [0 bids]
Merzbow - Green Wheels CD+5" Masonna Hijokaidan Gerogerigegege Hanatarash Aube US $3.00 [0 bids]
13h
Hafler Trio "Brain Song" Ltd 12" '86 Psychic TV Zoviet France Coil Organum Aube US $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
AUBE - CHAIN [RE]ACTION - BN001CD US $13.05 Buy It Now 1 day
Vincent Vallières - Fabriquer l'aube (CD 2013) US $16.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Kapotte Muziek-Verder/Hafler Trio/Coil/NWW/Aube/Lustmord/Organum/P 16 D4/RLW US $4.99 [0 bids]
Une fl–te invisible...: Musique fran‡aise … l'aube du XX siŠcle (CD,... US $12.27 Buy It Now 1 day
1967 Dany Aube First LP - Quebec Pop Girl - Dany Aubé US $16.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rare Vintage Vinyl LP Dany Aubé Vedettes Album 1967 VD-373 Ma Casquette ++ US $2.49 [0 bids]
Aghiatrias - Regions of Limen, coil, aube US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PAIN JERK COURTIS CD Masonna Incapacitants Hijokaidan Merzbow Boredoms MSBR Aube US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GUILTY C. .NYCTALOPS. CD MSBR Aube Hijokaidan Incapacitants Merzbow Masonna US $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GOVERNMENT ALPHA .NYCTALOPS. CD Hijokaidan Merzbow Incapacitants Masonna Aube US $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DEBUSSY / PIAU / LAMY / TALHOUET - MUSIQUE FRANCAISE A L'AUBE DU XXE NEW CD US $26.40 Buy It Now 2 days
Mes Annees 60 * by Claude Lévéillée (CD, Jan-2007, Editions de l'Aube) US $13.03 Buy It Now 2 days
DANY AUBE 45 RPM "Ma Casquette | Raccompagne-Moi" VEDETTES CANADA 1966 US $9.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Vincent Vallières - Fabriquer l'aube NEW CD US $22.00 Buy It Now 2 days
CD JOHANNE AUBÉ - Se taire un peu plus fort - 13 Titres - 2011 - {Aube} - SIGNÉ! US $11.12 Buy It Now 2 days
SMELL & QUIM CD Prurient Grunt Whitehouse Taint Merzbow Vomir Coil MSBR SPK Aube US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Cassette Audio Une Soirée au Cabaret avec Dany Aubé Madacy Album Canada US $2.99 [0 bids]
Eir Aoi: Aube (2014) Japan / CD & DVD & 48p PHOTO BOOKLET TAIWAN SEALED US $24.79 Buy It Now 2 days
Telepherique Contagious Orgasm "Cyouwa" CD Ltd '02 Coil Vromb Aube Brume Organum US $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Maurizio Bianchi AUBE - MECTPYO SAISEI CD US $10.85 Buy It Now 3 days
Aube ?- Dazzle Reflexion Special Edition Box Set Limited to 50 copies merzbow LE US $166.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Gerostenkorp ?Le Mécanisme De L'Aube cd US $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE HAFLER TRIO - AUBE, COIL, DVA, ZOVIET, TAGC US $35.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Aube Collection (Japan CD) - Various Artists. US $4.98 Buy It Now 4 days
Z'EV CD Andrew Chalk LAFMS MB Maurizio Bianchi Psychic TV Aube Zoviet France NON US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ELD-OMALA WHITE STAINS PHAUSS KARKOWSKI CD Psychic TV Zoviet France MSBR Aube US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ASMUS TIETCHENS RICHARD CHARTIER 2 CD Stockhausen Conrad Schnitzler Aube Merzbow US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
K2 Kimihide Kusafuka CD Merzbow Incapacitants Hijokaidan Masonna Aube MSBR CCCC US $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MERZBOW CD Incapacitants Hijokaidan Aube Boredoms MSBR Astro CCCC Masonna US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MERZBOW Z'EV CD LAFMS Haters Incapacitants Masonna Hijokaidan Aube MSBR Boredoms US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MERZBOW NORDVARGR CD MZ.412 Folkstorm Incapacitants Hijokaidan Aube Masonna US $13.99 Buy It Now 4 days
PRURIENT Vatican Shadow Cold Cave CD Grunt Nine Inch Nails Coil Macronympha Aube US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
AUBE Purification To Numbness CDR japanese experimental noise CCCC merzbow NEW US $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
AUBE-Cardiac Strain CD, excellent, ambient Japanese noise limited to 666 copies US $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
AUBE-Aqua Syndrome CD, excellent, ambient Japanese noise, PROMO COPY US $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
AUBE-Dazzle Reflection CD, excellent, ambient Japanese noise limited 500 copies! US $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
AUBE-Stared Gleam CD, excellent, ambient Japanese noise limited to 1000 copies US $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
AUBE-Wired Trap CD, excellent, ambient Japanese noise limited to 1000 copies US $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
AUBE-Metal De Metal CD, galvanized steel case, limited to 1000 copies US $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
TAKASHI KAKO l'aube JAPAN CD US $16.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Takashi Kako "L'AUBE - Great modern solo piano - Japan only - Near Mint US $30.00 [0 bids]
ENNIO MORRICONE A l'aube du 5eme jour French 7 Textured PS US $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
DANY AUBE LP LA FILLE DU PACHA TRANS CANADA CANADA 1968 EXCELLENT US $20.95 Buy It Now 6 days
DANY AUBE QUEBEC FEMALE SINGER LP NOEL AVEC DANY TRANS CANADA 1968 EXCELLENT US $18.95 Buy It Now 6 days
New Aoi Eir AUBE Limited Edition A CD Blu-ray Japan Sirius Niji no Oto US $65.00 Buy It Now 6 days
New Aoi Eir AUBE Limited Edition B CD DVD Japan Kill La Kill Sirius Niji no Oto US $60.00 Buy It Now 6 days
LES GUILLOTINES L'aube / L'Absinthe 7" CROQUE MACADAM CRM001 RARE INDIE 2011 NM US $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
DANY AUBE "MA CASQUETTE" US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
L'aube enchantée par MARIE-JOSÉE SIMARD & LISE DAOUST CD (Pärt, Shankar, Brady) US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
AUBE vs SSHE SHE RETINA STIMULANTS-video field recordings-DUEBEL GERMANY PIC US $18.30 Buy It Now 7 days
DAS PRAPARAT, HAFLER TRIO, MAEROR TRI, AUBE, TAGC US $12.00 Buy It Now 7 days
AUSTRIA import JAPANOISE Of Death II CD AUBE KK Null MERZBOW Limited NEW sealed US $17.98 Buy It Now 7 days
cd: AUBE - FLUSH US $9.98 Buy It Now 7 days
cd: AUBE - LUMINESCENCE VHS US $9.98 Buy It Now 7 days
VARIOUS ARTISTS Six Doors CD Luasa Raelon Bastard Noise Aube Guilty Connector US $9.98 Buy It Now 7 days
Telepherique "Licht Und Schatten" CD '96 Coil Aube Brume Organum Monokrom Vromb US $12.00 Buy It Now 7 days
DANY AUBE LP " Dany Aubé " TRANS- CANADA ** Quebec POP YÉYÉ ** US $15.95 Buy It Now 8 days
KK NULL Oxygen Flash CD Japanese avant electronic noise Zeni Geva NEW aube msbr US $14.98 Buy It Now 8 days
MARCEL COMINOTTO - SONATE/CHANTS DE L AUBE/KLAVIERSTUCKE (IMPORT) NEW CD US $38.76 Buy It Now 8 days
Cominotto,Marcel - Sonate/Chants De L Aube/Klavierstucke [CD New] US $32.99 Buy It Now 8 days
AKITSA Aube de la Misanthropie 2 CD DIGIBOOK Peste Noire Goatmoon Taake Behexen US $34.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Aube - Set On CD NEW Ltd ed in tiles japanese nosie ambient merzbow kk null US $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
DANY AUBE 45 " Il M'appelait .. Goguette / Dans Un ... " VEDETTES Canada 1966' US $9.95 Buy It Now 9 days
Aube - Chemical Brothers [CD New] US $46.75 Buy It Now 9 days
PEOPLE LIKE US - THERMOS EXPLORER, AUBE, CLOCKDVA US $12.00 Buy It Now 10 days
LOOP CIRCUIT Sound On Sound 12" LP Vinyl Aube LTD NEW US $39.99 Buy It Now 11 days
12 Tele Succes - Les Classels Dany Aube Lalonde Jean Malo Nichol Ginette Menard US $12.00 Buy It Now 11 days
A l'Aube du Romantisme (the dawn of romanticism), New Music US $16.50 Buy It Now 12 days
AUBE MAZE HEAD SHIFT 1&2 7" US $10.00 Buy It Now 12 days
AUBE AD PART 1/2 7" US $10.00 Buy It Now 12 days
HENRI POUSSEUR. HAFLER TRIO, CLOCK DVA, AUBE, TAGC US $25.00 Buy It Now 13 days
MONTAGE, HAFLER TRIO, CLOCK DVA, AUBE, TAGC US $15.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Tete - Le Premier Clair De L'Aube [CD New] US $16.07 Buy It Now 13 days
AUBE - CHEMICAL BROTHERS - BONUS DVD (IMPORT) NEW CD US $53.06 Buy It Now 13 days
Duarte/Shankar/Piazzolla/Ko - Diptych No. 2/L'Aube Enchante [CD New] US $13.43 Buy It Now 13 days
T,T, - LE PREMIER CLAIR DE L'AUBE - NEW CD US $13.09 Buy It Now 14 days
OST ENNIO MORRICONE A l'aube du 5eme jour 7 Listen US $4.99 Buy It Now 14 days
BLEIBURG Pieces 2-CD Aube Vidna Obmana Nocturne Soil Bleeds Black Telepherique US $11.30 Buy It Now 14 days

More places to buy AUBE music online Buy AUBE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for AUBE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

AUBE Variable Ambit ratings distribution

AUBE Variable Ambit reviews

Review by Sheavy
COLLABORATOR Progressive Electronic Team
1 stars Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.

Everything I had listened to by Aube was amazing until I got this.

I love noise, but holy S**T. This record is absolutely unlistenable. Every track on here features some extremely high pitched noise that is simply unbearable. It really hurts your eardrums at pretty much any level of volume, and even songs that start off without this noise, eventually get it in a form or another. This record is a monstrous dissapointment for me, having expected another quality ambient build up type songs with others mixed in. The songs here do build up, but that noise is way too far, and I can only imagine what going to a concert would be like and him to start playing this. You would seriously have to wear headphones to stop you from going deaf.

Just on a side note, as with all of Aube's albums, the noises came from one source, and this time around it happens to be feedback. From what is not specified, but I wish it had been some nice rumbling feedback instead of the only thing I can guess that is making the horribly shrill noise is mic feedback, which already ear shattering enough Aube has made something that is downright dangerous.

The only thing I can recommend this for is if you have neighbours you do not like, and want to get them to move. Otherwise this is pure pain

Send comments to Sheavy (BETA) | Report this review (#473190) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 30, 2011

Review by Conor Fynes
1 stars 'Variable Ambit' - Aube (1/10)

Be it some sort of oddly morbid fascination, but on top of striving to find the best music out there, I also find myself attracted to albums that are universally panned and considered the 'worst'. It is indeed interesting how everyone may own a different set of ears, but when it comes down to it, we can agree on some things generally speaking. Yes' 'Close To The Edge' is a masterpiece of prog rock, Iron Maiden's 'Number Of The Beast' is a classic for heavy metal, and so forth. But perhaps for the same psychological reasoning that made Rebecca Black's 'Friday' such a hit, I've found myself drawn towards Aube's 'Variable Ambit', an album that was described to me by a new friend as one of the worst things imaginable. While there are albums like 'St. Anger' that people love to hate most often, I get the feeling after even sampling what 'Variable Ambit' is all about that it may very well not only be one of, but the most unpleasant album I have ever heard. I wish I was joking.

First, it should be covered that I am not opposed to 'noise' music, there is some that I actually like quite a bit. Ambient music is also no problem for me. However, when music literally causes physical duress while listening to it, there can be a problem. Aube opens up this album with one of the most cringing sounds I have ever heard; a high pitched beep that was physically painful to hear regardless of how low I turned the volume down. The first three seconds of 'Variable Ambit' should cover why I hate this. While even one high pitched electronic bleep would have put me off the album for good, the sound keeps repeating; getting more painful as your ears beg you to mute it.

To prove that I have in fact listened to the album (and am sorely regretting it), the title track 'Variable Ambit' and 'Ambush' are the two tracks which feature this high pitched bleeping the most, and regardless of how open your mind is to music, the sheer frequency may result in a migraine, so you are warned. Apart from that, there is some electronic ambiance of a lower register that is nothing pleasant to listen to, but is at least interesting in the way the sound is tweaked and mechanized. A droning hum that the noise musician here noodles around with can make some pretty strange sounds here, but there is the feeling that there was absolutely no purpose to what he is doing here, instead tending to fiddle around with his equipment seemingly at random. While that would be worth saying some negative things about in the first place, it seems like gold when compared to the dreaded bleeps. And while it would often be narrow to focus on one sound in reviewing an album, that's what composes much of the album's sound.

If five seconds of this album could cause me pain, then I could never recommend this to anyone, not even an intense fan of noise music. Calling this album horrible stops becoming a matter of personal taste once the sounds start damaging one's hearing range. Perhaps the album can be used as some rite of initiation in the Yakuza to make sure only the strong are admitted into their ranks. Atrociously bad.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#476519) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Review by colorofmoney91
4 stars This newly released album by Aube is jam packed full of alienating discomfort. Fortunately, I kind of like it. I've been a fan of other Japanese noise artists (Merzbow, Masonna, etc.) for some time now, and Aube is always an interesting listen. This album, Variable Ambit, is not far off from other albums in the noise genre, but it comes of as a bit subdued when compared to albums that are being released by Aube's contemporaries.

The sound of this album is often earsplitting. I would believe that just about any other human on this planet has an evolutionary response to shun anything that sounds like the music present on this album. But, if you can get past that response, the earsplitting ambience and drones are quite pleasant. If you've ever been in a silent room all by yourself, and suddenly your ears start to ring and everything else around you seems only slightly louder (dripping sink, oscillating of a fan, ticking of a clock, etc.) then you'll understand the sound of this album. The resonating and echoing qualities of this album give it an eerie industrial kind of feel that is actually very refreshing, since Merzbow tends to be full-force train-wreck soundtracks. The Kiyoshi Kurosawa film Kairo (a.k.a. Pulse, here in the states), though I don't recall the sound of the soundtrack, I would imagine would be greatly paired with this album for its ghostly and computerized/industrialized manipulations of terror and insanity.

Maybe this review doesn't make this album sound pleasant at all, but I'm sure fellow noise fans will understand my position. I'll be honest, the first few seconds made me believe that Variable Ambit was going to be completely unbearable. I figured that the earsplitting demonic zap at the album's start was a precursor to complete brain-scrambling frequencies, and I need my brain, me being a very serious student. Fortunately, this album is just as enjoyable as my favorite noise albums, and has definitely become one of my favorites. This isn't very accessible by any means, but again, I'm sure other noise fans will find much to love about this noisy album.

Send comments to colorofmoney91 (BETA) | Report this review (#477396) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Review by Negoba
1 stars In Violation of the Geneva Conventions

Like Conor, I found my way to this album on its reputation as one of the worst ever. Before anyone even attempts to play this piece, I'd like to provide some idea of what it is. Variable Ambit is a sonic experiment where artist Akifumi Nakajima twiddles with what sounds like a frequency generator for about an hour. Rather than using the pure oscilloscope wave forms, he uses a specific sampled source sound for each record. On VA it's feedback. If you've ever had a hearing test and listened as the examiner dials through the frequencies, that's the basic sound of the album. Some degree of layering does occur, and some effects are applied, but for the most part this is collection of pure tones manipulated for emotional effect without anything resembling traditional music.

Nakajima actually does a few moderately interesting things with his frequency designs, and some of those ideas are better on VA than other albums of his I sampled. However, this album has a specific quality that makes it perhaps a perfect weapon of torture. While the artist does cover the frequency spectrum to some degree, for some reason he concentrates on the 5000- 15000 hz range which is at the upper limit of older human's hearing. Even 5000 hz is high enough to sound like a whistle, and Aube keeps this frequency range at high volume throughout much of the album. While there's no accounting for taste, I think that most people find these tones noxious, if not downright painful. The mix is such that in order to bring the whistles down to non-painful levels, everything else drops out. Careful use of a graphic equalizer might help, but that assumes the listener is interested enough in the sound experiment to put that much work in.

If you like noise experiments, the parts without the whistle register tones are mildly interesting. I could see them being used in a trippy horror movie. But even then, there's not really enough going on to merit listening to this on its own. Its only possibly function (in my mind) would be as a soundtrack to some un-named activity or other experimental art piece.

I actually would have rated this 2/5 without the pain part. But it was EXTREMELY hard to listen to this album all the way through. I did it. It was like a sonic uphill marathon. I may actually try rate some of Aube's other work above 1 star, but this one will be only for enemies.

Send comments to Negoba (BETA) | Report this review (#480378) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 11, 2011

Review by The Truth
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
3 stars I'm a noise fan.

Just thought I'd say that before I ramble.

Not many can handle the pure walls of noise that for me creates a really beautiful sort of texture that is unreachable otherwise. Artists like Aube and Merzbow (both Japanese artists, I might add) are excellent in the art of manipulating noise and creating some really great music that, despite it's aggressiveness, I find very listenable.

Now this Aube album turned even me off in the start with those high static pitches in the beginning, but that is nowhere near the best part of the album. It's a shame, really, starting off that badly. That's the kind of noise that just gives me a headache. After the first track, the rest of the album is much more gentle (if you can call it that) and enjoyable. Aube is amazing when it comes to production and it shows, the Merzbow-like sounds are what make up the rest of the album.

For the brave of heart, and the first track needs to be skipped.

3 stars.

Send comments to The Truth (BETA) | Report this review (#582176) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 04, 2011

Post a review of AUBE "Variable Ambit"