D.O.A. THE THIRD AND FINAL REPORT

Studio Album, released in 1978

1. I.B.M. (2:35)
2. Hit By A Rock (2:32)
3. United (0:16)
4. Valley Of The Shadow Of Death (4:01)
5. Dead On Arrival (6:08)
6. Weeping (5:31)
7. Hamburger Lady (4:15)
8. Hometime (3:46)
9. AB/7A (4:31)
10. E-Coli (4:16)
11. Death Threats (0:41)
12. Walls Of Sound (2:48)
13. Blood On The Floor (1:07)

Search THROBBING GRISTLE D.o.A. The Third And Final Report lyrics

Search THROBBING GRISTLE D.o.A. The Third And Final Report tabs

- Genesis P-Orridge / Bass Guitar, Violin, Vocals
- Cosey Fanni Tutti / Lead Guitar, Effects, Tape
- Chris Carter / Synthesizer, Drum Programming, Tape
- Peter Christopherson / Tape noises

Industrial Records LP
The Grey Area 1991 CD release

Thanks to philippe for the addition

THROBBING GRISTLE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THROBBING GRISTLE D.o.A. The Third And Final Report Music

D.O.A.: Third & Final Report of Throbbing GristleD.O.A.: Third & Final Report of Throbbing Gristle
Industrial Records 2011
Industrial Records 2011
Vinyl$20.98
D. o. A: The Third and Final Report of Throbbing GristleD. o. A: The Third and Final Report of Throbbing Gristle
Industrial
Vinyl$32.38
D.O.A. THE THIRD AND FINAL REPORT OF THROBBING GRISTLE(2CD)D.O.A. THE THIRD AND FINAL REPORT OF THROBBING GRISTLE(2CD)
VIVID SOUND (JAPAN)
D.O.A. THE THIRD AND FINAL REPORT OF THROBBING GRISTLE(2CD) by THROBBING GRISTLE [Music CD]D.O.A. THE THIRD AND FINAL REPORT OF THROBBING GRISTLE(2CD) by THROBBING GRISTLE [Music CD]
VIVID SOUND (JAPAN)
THROBBING GRISTLE D.o.a. The Third And Final Report LP 13 Track Repress With Boo USD $31.88 Buy It Now 4 days
THROBBING GRISTLE D.O.A. The Third And Final Report LP/SS OOP Ltd. 2000 press. USD $34.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THROBBING GRISTLE "D.O.A. -The Third And Final Report Of Throbbing Gristle" (LP) USD $26.00 Buy It Now 9 days
THROBBING GRISTLE / D.O.A. ~ THIRD AND FINAL REPORT ~ UK MUTE ALBUM ~ NEAR MINT USD $39.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THROBBING GRISTLE the third and final report of D.O.A. 1991 Mute CD USD $22.95 Buy It Now 17 days
THROBBING GRISTLE - D.O.A. THIRD AND FINAL REPORT OF - NEW - LP RECORD USD $31.26 Buy It Now 17 days
Throbbing Gristle - D.O.A. The Third And Final Report Of Throbbing Gristle - IRL USD $19.81 Buy It Now 19 days
Throbbing Gristle - D.O.A. (The Third and Final Report of , 1993) As New Con USD $18.75 Buy It Now 20 days
D.O.A.: The Third and Final Report of Throbbing Gristle 5060174952258, BRAND NEW USD $36.40 Buy It Now 20 days
D.O.A.: The Third And Final Report Of Throbbing Gristle - New Unsealed LP Record USD $26.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Throbbing Gristle ?"D.o.A. The Third And Final Report" MIR 002 (1983) 12" LP NM USD $33.97 Buy It Now 23 days
THROBBING GRISTLE - D.O.A.: THE THIRD AND FINAL REPORT OF - NEW CD BOXSET USD $18.13 Buy It Now 24 days
D.O.A.The Third And Final Report - Gristle Throbbing New & Sealed Compact Disc F USD $27.42 Buy It Now 25 days
THROBBING GRISTLE D.o.A. The Third And Final Report 1991 Remastered # TG CD 3 USD $12.00 Buy It Now 26 days
D.O.A. The Third And Final Report Of Throbbing Gristle [VINYL] USD $30.32 Buy It Now 28 days
THROBBING GRISTLE ?D.o.A. The Third And Final Report Of ?LP INDUSTRIAL 1978 UK USD $39.99 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy THROBBING GRISTLE music online Buy THROBBING GRISTLE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THROBBING GRISTLE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THROBBING GRISTLE D.o.A. The Third And Final Report ratings distribution

THROBBING GRISTLE D.o.A. The Third And Final Report reviews

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars

As a fan of the industrial sounds of the latest Gary Numan sounds I had to try this dark and disturbing artist Throbbing Gristle and this album looked as good as any. Well, it was dark and disturbing but not totally unlistenable unlike other disturbia I have heard and avoided. TG begin this joyous romp into excess with printer data sounds of I.B.M and then move into a deep recurrent synth throb and manic caterwauling on Hit by a Rock. United is a 17 second ultra sped up version of a fairly decent 4 minute song. I prefer the long version but it is interesting that the band decided to speed it up out of recognition, though it would have been fun to slow it down back in the days of vinyl by hand spinning the disc.

Next is the Valley of the Shadow of Death which is an incessant synth drone and some odd taped conversations that are unintelligible but have some expletives and sounds in the background may be military effects. Not sure about what that is saying. Next is the Dead on Arrival that is really industrial sounding like machines in some kind of hospital. I like the synth patterns and overall atmosphere but there is not enough variation and someone tell P-Orridge to stop tooting like a maniac. Weeping is the next one and it is a morbid study in suicidal thoughts with lyrics that defy explanation "My arm is torn open like a wound, My universe is coming from my mouth, I spent a year or two, listening to you, Discrediting myself for you, You didn't see me on the floor weeping, You didn't see me lying by the door, You didn't see me swallowing my tablets, You can't look inside my eyes no more." The sounds on this are very weird and even remind me of Oriental plucking guitar reverberations and some off key violin screeches.

Hamburger Lady is a classic from Throbbing Gristle that I knew about even before I knew they existed as it is controversial for its portrayal of a lady mutilated and burnt and the term was how the police referred to the poor burns victim. The lyrics are morose reverberated by Genesis P-Orridge and the slices of guitar by Cosey Fanni Tutt are wonderfully dark. This is as dark as it gets for this band apart from Slug Bait which I care not to hear again. Hometime is an unusual atmospheric piece with some nice little girl talking but we hope she is safe, though the album cover has an unsettling look to it, especially the insert photo of the little girl lifting her dress. Of course the band are out to shock and we can add our own interpretations and as much as I try I cannot hear anything particularly odd about the girl's rantings, though that may be the point.

AB/7A is an excellent synth piece that motorvates along like vintage Kraftwerk and is certainly one of the more electronic passages of music on the album. E-Coli returns to grim moody themes with a pulsing synth, off key sustained toots and some eerie effects. Throughout this slow moving music is a lecture by some physician speaking of the effects of deadly bacteria. The mood is really brought down low after the previous bright synth driven track. It is remarkable how each track is completely different. Next is Death Threats which is a phone message of some bloke who wants to end the "industrial world" of the band, and some weird woman who wants to set some bad hoodlums onto P-Orridge for some reason; quite nasty really considering it is a real phone call from some deranged woman. Up next is Walls of Sound that is really a noise distorted with screeches and static, quite a kick in the guts after all the other tracks and again stands out as completely diverse from other tracks. Moving on to Blood on the Floor, which is droning vocals and a synth sound and mercifully is ended after a minute.

2 bonus tracks appear and they are both unsettling and perhaps did not make it to the 1978 album because they are so over the top. We hate You (Little girls) is a throwback to the album cover image. Can you imagine that girl sitting there and hearing this screaming maniac yelling their lung raw about how much they hate her.

At the end of the album I feel as though I have heard something that must not be ignored as it is so ground breaking and yet it was not really an enjoyable experience and purposefully so. This type of music exists and if you dig hard you can find some really disturbing stuff out there such as Nurses with Wounds, Frankie Suicide and this. Perhaps that is what the music industry needs to set it in its place. This off kilter music must balance out all the commercial music. It can't all be radio friendly commercial and it can't all be industrial noise; there must always be balance. Somehow Throbbing Gristle draw me in the way that The Residents draw me into their dark universe. I prefer The Residents for their humourous approach and the problem I have personally with Throbbing Gristle is not that they do not deserve recognition as artists breaking the barriers, but the problem for me is that the music is so tuneless, forgettable, weirdly morbid and deeply depressing. If that is the type of music you desire than this is the perfect band for you.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#1083894) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 01, 2013

5 stars Oh well, I guess it's official then eh? Throbbing Gristle are now 'Prog'. I never thought I'd see the day! 'Third Annual Report' is one of their best efforts but if you're unsettled by the sleeve, you definitely don't want to see the calendar girl inside. Now that's 'Dodge City Jail Bait' if ... (read more)

Report this review (#608379) | Posted by Dobermensch | Thursday, January 12, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THROBBING GRISTLE "D.o.A. The Third And Final Report "