THE ROAD LESS TRAVELLED

US

US The Road Less Travelled album cover

Buy US Music
Studio Album, released in 2011

1. The Road Less Travelled (20:45)
2. The Sign Of Our Times (12:25)
3. Days Of Wonder (12:00)
4. Shadowworld (12:55)

Search US The Road Less Travelled lyrics

Search US The Road Less Travelled tabs

- Jos Wernars / all instruments
- Marijke Wernars / background vocals

Thanks to finnforest for the addition
and to proglucky for the last updates

US MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy US The Road Less Travelled Music

ANTAL DORATI respighi the birds LP VG+ MG 50153 Mercury US Mono Original US $16.25 Buy It Now 29m 53s
ANTAL DORATI offenbach gaite parisienne LP VG+ MG 50152 Mercury Mono US 1950s US $13.00 Buy It Now 30m 32s
LOU RAWLS 7" - "A NATURAL MAN" - ORIGINAL MGM US IMPORT 1971 - VG+ US $4.46 [0 bids]
31m 1s
THE MUFFINS, OPEN CITY, US 14 TRACK CD ALBUM FROM 1994, (MINT) US $4.85 [1 bids]
31m 1s
Soilwork- The Chainheart Machine [Vinyl LP] 2014/ US SELLER! US $26.60 Buy It Now 31m 51s
DIANA KRALL- Christmas Songs -[Import Vinyl LP] US SELLER! US $35.15 Buy It Now 31m 51s
Watchtower - Energetic Disassembly [LP] (White Vinyl) DOUBLE VINYL/ US SELLER US $30.40 Buy It Now 31m 51s
Kylie Minogue- Into The Blue: Remixes [CD] IMPORT/ US SELLER! US $21.85 Buy It Now 31m 51s
Brainstorm- Firesoul [Vinyl LP] 2014/ US SELLER! US $26.60 Buy It Now 31m 51s
Danny Brown- Old [2LP Gatefold] / 2014/ US SELLER! US $25.65 Buy It Now 31m 51s
Willie Nelson- The Storm Has Just Begun 1954-1965 [180gram Vinyl LP] US SELLER! US $22.80 Buy It Now 31m 51s
Army Of The Pharaohs [2LP GREEN MARBLE] / 2014/ US SELLER! US $31.35 Buy It Now 31m 51s
Gamma Ray- Empire Of The Undead [2LP] / 2014/ US SELLER! US $26.60 Buy It Now 31m 51s
SOUL TRAIN GANG Soul Train "75" 7" Single Vinyl Record US Soul Train 1975 EX US $9.71 Buy It Now 33m 13s
...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead - Source Tags & Codes (CD 2002) US $8.09 Buy It Now 33m 25s
MR. DOO VOLUME TWO - VARIOUS ARTISTS *1990 MR. DOO US LP US $16.20 Buy It Now 33m 31s
DAVID SOUL Don't Give Up On Us 7" Single Vinyl Record 45rpm Private Stock 1976 US $9.71 Buy It Now 34m
Bob Luman Can't Take The Country From The Boy CD 30 Hits Import US Shipper NEW US $17.95 Buy It Now 34m 40s
Muddy Waters Sings Big Bill. US Black Chess. LP1444. 1960. Nice Condition!!! US $58.38 [8 bids]
35m 57s
PAUL WINTER Common Ground LP A&M Rec. SP-4698 US 1978 SEALED M W/ PROMO STICKER US $8.49 Buy It Now 35m 57s
Nice ST The Nice Lp Us Immediate Emerson Lake & Palmer Elp Psych Hard Rock US $12.00 Buy It Now 35m 58s
LITTLE JIMMY DICKENS "Hillbilly Jewels" Special Souvenir LP - US Pressing US $19.46 Buy It Now 36m 9s
Scream [US Bonus Tracks] by Tokio Hotel (CD, May-2008, Interscope (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
36m 49s
AL GREENE GET YOURSELF TOGETHER/ DONT HURT ME NO MORE US HOT LINE NORTHERN US $19.46 Buy It Now 37m 9s
AL PERKINS YES MY GOODNESS YES/I FALL IN LOVE AGAIN US BUDDAH 70s NORTHERN SOUL US $40.54 Buy It Now 37m 19s
ALPACA PHASE 111 I LIKE TO PARTY US ATLANTIC NORTHERN SOUL US $16.22 Buy It Now 37m 28s
ALVIN CHRISTY I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU GOT /I'M SO PROUD US PIN POINT DEMO FUNK US $24.33 Buy It Now 37m 36s
ANNA WALKER & THE CROWNETTES YOU DON'T KNOW / ODE TO BILLY JOE US AMY NORTHERN US $48.65 Buy It Now 37m 50s
RAMMSTEIN MEGA RARE US REMIX PROMO CD Du Hast 3TRX SLIPCASE VERSION ONE ONLY! US $89.99 [1 bids]
37m 51s
ANNETTE SNELL JUST AS HOOKED AS I'VE EVER BEEN US DIAL DEMO 70s X/O US $40.54 Buy It Now 38m 2s
Sound Of Animals Fighting- Lover The Lord Has Left Us/ Black 2xLP/OOP/300/Rare! US $34.99 [0 bids]
38m 9s
ANTHONY & IMPERIALS HOLD ON (JUST A LITTLE BIT LONGER) US AVCO 70s X/O US $16.22 Buy It Now 38m 13s
ART ROBINS I CAN'T STAND TO SEE YOU CRY/FOUNTAIN OF LOVE US VANDO DEMO NORTHERN US $40.54 Buy It Now 38m 23s
ARTHUR PRYSOCK Love Me LP US orig Verve V6-5029 US $19.95 Buy It Now 38m 42s
B.J. THOMAS CHAINS OF LOVE/ YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE US HICKORY NORTHERN SOUL US $16.22 Buy It Now 38m 44s
Home Again by New Edition (US) (CD, Aug-1996, MCA (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
38m 46s
BARBARA & JOE DONT YOU KNOW THAT ITS ALRIGHT US RESPECT 70s X/O US $40.54 Buy It Now 38m 54s
Jeremy [US] [Single] by Pearl Jam (CD, Jun-1995, Sony Music Distribution (USA)) US $4.99 [0 bids]
38m 56s
NEIL DIAMOND 1968 ORGNL US BANG "Greatest Hits" STEREO LP US $18.59 Buy It Now 38m 59s
BARBARA LEWIS MAKE ME BELONG TO YOU US ATLANTIC DEMO NORTHERN SOUL US $19.46 Buy It Now 39m 16s
Three Years Down - Just Like Him / Ballard 7" 1995 US Pop Punk Wingnut Records US $1.62 [0 bids]
39m 21s
BARBARA McNAIR WHERE WOULD I BE WITHOUT YOU US MOTOWN NORTHERN SOUL/MOTOWN US $19.46 Buy It Now 39m 28s
BEST OF BOTH WORLDS MOMA BAKES BISCUITS/I WANT THE WORLD TO KNOW US CALLA FUNK US $16.22 Buy It Now 39m 38s
Imogen Heap - Speak For Yourself (CD) US Import - Rare US $14.58 Buy It Now 39m 42s
BILLY BUTLER & CHANTERS I CAN'T WORK NO LONGER US OKEH NORTHERN SOUL US $35.68 Buy It Now 39m 48s
BILLY STEWART BECAUSE I LOVE YOU/MOUNTAIN OF LOVE US CHESS 60s NORTHERN SOUL US $19.46 Buy It Now 39m 58s
Attack Attack! (us) - Someday Came Suddenly NEW CD US $14.24 Buy It Now 40m 3s
BOBBY DUNN DONT TREAT HIM AS A STRANGER US MASTER NORTHERN SOUL US $16.22 Buy It Now 40m 18s
BOBBY FREEMAN S-W-I-M /THAT LITTLE OLD HEARTBREAKER ME US AUTUMN NORTHERN SOUL US $16.22 Buy It Now 40m 33s
BOBBY MONTGOMERY I'M YOUR STEPPIN' STONE / HONKY TONK WOMAN US VAULT NORTHERN US $19.46 Buy It Now 40m 43s
BOBBY TAYLOR WHY PLAY GAMES / DON'T WONDER WHY US PLAYBOY 70s X/O US $19.46 Buy It Now 40m 54s
Isis-Oceanic Remixes Volume I US orig' SEALED #2500 12" 2004 James Plotkin US $29.99 Buy It Now 41m 1s
Union - Roll Wit Us - Rare New Sealed Cassette US $32.50 Buy It Now 41m 3s
BROTHERS OF SOUL HURRY DON'T LINGER US BOO NORTHERN SOUL US $32.44 Buy It Now 41m 5s
BROWN SUGAR SOMEBODY STRONGER/ONE WAY STREET CALLED LOVE US BROWN SUGAR NORTHERN US $16.22 Buy It Now 41m 16s
BUDDY & STACEY ANGEL / A THING CALLED JEALOUSY US TWIRL NORTHERN SOUL US $32.44 Buy It Now 41m 25s
BUENA VISTAS BOSS SAUCE / SUNSET US B B LATIN/NORTHERN INSTRUMENTAL US $24.33 Buy It Now 41m 34s
THE DE CASTROS SISTERS: Rockin Beat LP CAPITOL RECORDS ST1501 US Stereo VG++ US $16.19 Buy It Now 41m 40s
BUNNY SIGLER YOUR LOVE IS GOOD / SHAKE YOUR BOOTY US PIR 70s X/O US $19.46 Buy It Now 41m 46s
CELEST HARDIE YOU TOUCHED THE INNER PART OF ME US LOADSTONE 70s X/O US $32.44 Buy It Now 41m 56s
CHARLIE McCLENDON WE'RE GONNA HATE OURSELVES IN THE MORNING US COLOSSUS NORTHERN US $40.54 Buy It Now 42m 5s
CHI-LITES LOVE IS GONE / LOVE ME US REVUE NORTHERN X/O US $16.22 Buy It Now 42m 15s
CHI-LITES YOU DID THAT TO ME/I WON'T CARE ABOUT YOU US O'RETTA NORTHERN X/O US $24.33 Buy It Now 42m 26s
CHI-LITES LIVING IN FOOTSTEPS OF ANOTHER MAN/WE NEED ORDER US BRUNSWICK 70s X/O US $16.22 Buy It Now 42m 36s
CHUCK ROBERSON LOVE AFFAIR / ARE YOU WOMAN ENOUGH US ALBRADELLA 70s X/O US $24.33 Buy It Now 42m 48s
CHUCK TROIS CALL ON YOU / WOODSMAN US SOCK & SOUL NORTHERN SOUL US $24.33 Buy It Now 42m 59s
FATHER MAKE US ONE / SCRIPTURE IN SONG / 8 TRACK TAPE / SEALED * US $4.00 Buy It Now 43m 4s
PAUL WILLIAMS A Little Bit Of Love LP A&M Rec. SP-3665 US 1974 SEALED M US $8.49 Buy It Now 43m 17s
CLIFFORD CURRY BREAK MY MIND /DEEP FEELING LOVE US ELF NORTHERN SOUL US $24.33 Buy It Now 43m 19s
CONTINENTAL FOUR LOVING YOU (IS THE NEXT BEST THING TO HEAVEN) US MASTER 5 US $40.53 Buy It Now 43m 29s
CONTOURS PA I NEED A CAR/YOU GET UGLY US GORDY 60s MOTOWN/SOUL US $16.22 Buy It Now 43m 42s
CONTRIBUTORS OF SOUL (DO THE) YUM YUM MAN/YUM YUM MAN US EMASE FUNKY/SOUL US $24.33 Buy It Now 43m 51s
ORIG 1st US PROMO LP STUNNING MINT KANSAS Monolith 1979 w/INNER Sterling Press US $32.95 [0 bids]
44m 1s
LET US ENTERTAIN YOU *Assorted Original Artists* 33Lp Record 1968 US $0.99 [0 bids]
44m 1s
CONTROLLERS I GAMBLED ON YOUR LOVE & LOST US JUANA MODERN SOUL DANCER US $24.33 Buy It Now 44m 2s
COUNTRY GIRLS & CITY BOYS SHE SAID HELL NO US HAPPY FOX 70s X/O/ NORTHERN US $16.22 Buy It Now 44m 11s
CROSSROADS COMING HOME TO YOU BABY/ HERE I STAND US ATCO DEMO NORTHERN SOUL US $56.76 Buy It Now 44m 33s
CRYSTAL IMAGE GONNA HAVE A GOOD TIME US 1X CHAINS 70s X/O US $32.44 Buy It Now 44m 43s
CURTIS GRIFFIN I GOTTA LUMP / MOVE ON US JEWEL R&B/ NORTHERN SOUL US $24.33 Buy It Now 44m 53s
CURE Lullaby +2 Electra Warner US 12" 1989 Vinyl Single US $14.99 Buy It Now 44m 56s
TANGERINE DREAM - Flashpoint - OST EMI US 1984 Vinyl LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 44m 56s
STRANGLERS Something Better Change 7" Vinyl PINK US 1977 AM-1973 US $9.99 Buy It Now 44m 57s
You're not my kind of girl (1988, US) / Vinyl Maxi Single [Vinyl 12''], New Edit US $8.49 Buy It Now 45m 2s
DANIELS (I LOST MY LOVE IN THE ) BIG CITY / FINALLY US LANTAM NORTHERN SOUL US $24.33 Buy It Now 45m 3s
DARNELLS TOO HURT TO CRY TO MUCH IN LOVE TO SAY GOODBYE US GORDY NORTHERN MOTOWN US $32.44 Buy It Now 45m 13s
DAVE PRATER LOVE BUSINESS / KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED US ALSTON DEMO NORTHERN US $24.33 Buy It Now 45m 24s
Lou Reed No Money Down 1996 US Promo 3 Track 12" US $9.71 Buy It Now 45m 30s
DAVID & GIANTS SUPER GOOD FEELING/ A LETTER TO JOSEPHINE US FAME X/O/ NORTHERN US $24.33 Buy It Now 45m 34s
WANDA LANDOWSKA bach well tempered clavier book 1 LP VG+ LM-1107 Mono US 1s 1952 US $22.75 Buy It Now 45m 42s
DEE DEE SHARP GAMBLE NOBODY COULD TAKE YOUR PLACE/FLASHBACK US PIR 70s X/O SOUL US $16.22 Buy It Now 45m 45s
DENISE LA SALLE COUNT DOWN (AND FLY ME TO THE MOON) US CHESS NORTHERN X/O US $105.41 Buy It Now 45m 55s
DEON JACKSON YOU GOTTA LOVE / YOU'LL WAKE UP WISER BABY US CARLA NORTHERN X/O US $40.54 Buy It Now 46m 7s
DEWI CHETUM & HOWE IMPOSSIBLE DECISION / THIS IS MY COUNTRY US THOMAS 70s X/O US $16.22 Buy It Now 46m 18s
DIPLOMATS HE'S GOT YOU NOW / HERE'S A HEART US AROCK NORTHERN SOUL US $24.33 Buy It Now 46m 29s
DIPLOMETTES SIT YOURSELF DOWN / MY INTUITION US DIPLOMACY NORTHERN SOUL US $32.44 Buy It Now 46m 40s
DONALD HEIGHT LOOKING FOR MY BABY / GAMES PEOPLE PLAY US JUBILEE NORTHERN SOUL US $24.33 Buy It Now 46m 50s
DYNAMITES LET'S TRY /I KNOW SHE'S MINE US PAY NORTHERN SOUL US $24.33 Buy It Now 47m
Jazz Butcher-Distressed Gentlefolk US orig' SEALED Big Time LP 1986 US $14.99 Buy It Now 47m 3s
ED TOWNSEND WHO WOULD DENY ME / MOMMY'D NEVER COMIN' BACK AGAIN US MGM NORTHERN US $40.54 Buy It Now 47m 11s
EDDIE DAY FOR MY GIRL / SUMMERS GONE US ONYX NORTHERN SOUL US $40.54 Buy It Now 47m 20s

More places to buy US music online Buy US & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for US DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

US The Road Less Travelled ratings distribution

US The Road Less Travelled reviews

Review by Finnforest
3 stars A labor of love

Jos Wernars has been creating music alone and with others since the 1970s, and "The Road Less Traveled" is his most recent under the project named US. This album is a one-man project, the only assistance coming in the form of harmony vocals from his wife Marijke Wernars. He had been working with his brother Ernest who had to stop around 2008 after some health issues. Rather than quit Wernars decided to soldier on alone in pursuit of his musical passion. To me US sounds somewhere between neo-prog and classic 70s symphonic on the "sweeter" side, ala bands like Surprise, Rousseau, and Druid. There is also an undeniable Genesis influence here, Banks and Hackett mostly. A modern reference would be the neo-prog band Yleclipse. Let me get my criticism out of the way first. This is a release with a less than first tier production. It has the sound of a hobbyist musician recording in his home studio, with a drum machine, and occasionally some thin-sounding parts. It does not sound like your next Porcupine Tree or Opeth album in terms of fullness and fidelity. If those kinds of recordings bother you then approach with some caution. It really doesn't bother me, I can enjoy an album with less-than-perfect production if I like the music. In fact there are times when such productions are refreshing as you can enjoy the music without the overwhelming volume/density of some recordings. I see both sides on that one.

With that out of the way on to the important part...the music! The album's 57 minutes span across only four songs, the twenty minute title track and three others in the twelve minute range, so each piece has that prog-epic feel. Wernars is a talented man despite being short changed in personnel and perhaps equipment. The songs are wonderfully rich (if a bit sweet) and each with many different moods and mystical feeling passages. Melodic keyboard work is everywhere with solid Howe/Hackett inspired (I would guess) lead guitar frequently soaring over the hills. The bass playing reminded me of Squire sometimes the way he was drubbing it in an often forceful, jubilant manner. Acoustic guitars also play a large role in setting up some songs and creating some nice strummed sections with the harmony vocals over them. The beginning of "The Sign of our Times" is very impressive with a monster acoustic solo backed by gorgeous synth play, soon followed by some aggressive lead guitar lines and uplifting vocals-my favorite track. Neither Jos or Marijke are hugely exceptional vocalists but they work very well together and their harmonies were nice. It is the lack of solid drummer on real drums that holds the project back unfortunately, I can tolerate the production fine, but the drum machine hampers my enjoyment. Still, despite the problems with the sound/drum machine here I enjoy this very personal "labor of love" as Wernars describes it. It's an intimate recording with some very lovely and majestic moments.

Send comments to Finnforest (BETA) | Report this review (#489627) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 23, 2011

3 stars 3,5 stars really. I confess , when I heard for the first time this release, I was a litle awesome and trying to forget the previous albun from US "Feeding the Crocodile" which I consider a very displeasing work. and I become posetively surprise whith this "The Road Less Travelled" whereas i ... (read more)

Report this review (#514107) | Posted by maryes | Sunday, September 04, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of US "The Road Less Travelled"