FOR ALL WE KNOW

- Léo Margarit / drums
- Thijs Schrijnemakers / hammond
- Marco Kuypers / rhodes and piano

Shopping, 25th of April 2011

Thanks to UMUR for the addition

Buy FOR ALL WE KNOW For All We Know Music

BULK CARPENTERS 5 SINGLES / PLEASE MR. POSTMAN, FOR ALL WE KNOW, CLOSE TO YOU.. USD $14.15 [0 bids]
Nao For All We Know Vinyl 2 LP +g/f NEW sealed USD $31.92 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Esther Phillips With Beck " For All We Know " [ Factory Sealed ] no bar code USD $12.00 Buy It Now 6h 56m
SHIRLEY BASSEY For All We Know / What's Done Is Done German 45PS 1971 USD $8.41 Buy It Now 7h 15m
ANDRE KOSTELANETZ for all we know ( pop ) SEALED NEW USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 17m
Shirley Bassey ?- For All We Know - 7" Vinyl Single - 1971 USD $3.81 Buy It Now 9h 33m
Nat "King" Cole - Nature Boy / For All We Know 7" VG+ 45-2193 Vinyl 45 Capitol USD $25.00 Buy It Now 11h 32m
Vikki Carr's Love Story Featuring For All We Know Vinyl USD $34.99 Buy It Now 15h 57m
NICKI FRENCH For All We Know UK 4 TRACK CD SINGLE BAGSCD4 Mint! (Stock USD $1.26 Buy It Now 16h 12m
David Hazeltine - For All We Know (CD Used Like New) USD $13.79 Buy It Now 16h 38m
The Carpenter 2 Record Lot- TOP OF THE WORLD /HEATHER /FOR ALL WE KNOW USD $2.00 [0 bids]
Esther Phillips with Beck - For All We Know LP - 1976 KUDU R&B/funk - VG+ USD $3.25 [0 bids]
NORMA LEWIS For All We Know 7" VINYL UK Erc 1984 B/W When Loving You (Erc111) USD $6.36 Buy It Now 20h 4m
NICKI FRENCH For All We Know CD UK Bags Of Fun 1995 4 Track Razor Sharp Mix USD $2.68 Buy It Now 20h 8m
NORMA LEWIS For All We Know 12" VINYL UK Eric 1984 2 Track B/W Instrumental USD $4.00 Buy It Now 20h 29m
NICKI FRENCH For All We Know 12" VINYL UK Bags Of Fun 1995 4 Track Yerp Mix USD $1.34 Buy It Now 20h 29m
SHIRLEY BASSEY For All We Know 7" VINYL UK United Artists 4 Prong Label Design USD $4.00 Buy It Now 21h 21m
SHIRLEY BASSEY For All We Know 7" VINYL UK United Artists Solid C USD $5.34 Buy It Now 21h 22m
SHIRLEY BASSEY For All We Know 7" VINYL UK United Artists Four Prong Label USD $5.34 Buy It Now 21h 22m
SHIRLEY BASSEY For All We Know 7" VINYL UK United Artists 1971 Four Prong Label USD $5.34 Buy It Now 21h 22m
SHIRLEY BASSEY For All We Know 7" VINYL UK United Artists Solid Centre Label USD $6.36 Buy It Now 21h 23m
TIM MORGON Take A Look Around 7" VINYL UK Mca 1972 B/W For All We Know (Mu1173) USD $6.36 Buy It Now 21h 23m
SHIRLEY BASSEY For All We Know 7" VINYL USA United Artists B/w What's Done Is USD $5.34 Buy It Now 21h 24m
NICKI FRENCH For All We Know CASSETTE UK Bags Of Fun 1995 2 Track Radio And Tv USD $6.36 Buy It Now 21h 27m
NICKI FRENCH For All We Know CD UK Bags Of Fun 1995 4 Track Radio And Tv Edit USD $4.00 Buy It Now 21h 31m
FOR ALL WE KNOW-TAKE ME HOME-JAPAN CD F25 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ANDRE KOSTELANETZ. FOR ALL WE KNOW. VINYL LP USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ESTHER PHILLIPS-FOR ALL WE KNOW -JAPAN Blu-spec CD B63 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ESTHER PHILLIPS - FOR ALL WE KNOW NEW CD USD $17.98 Buy It Now 1 day
CARPENTERS_For All We Know_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_OH6D USD $8.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Charlie Byrd-For All We Know-LP USD $9.48 Buy It Now 1 day
BARBRA STREISAND PLACES THAT BELONG TO YOU / FOR ALL WE KNOW 1992 COLUMBIA UK USD $1.26 [0 bids]
Esther Phillips with Beck, For All We Know, Kudo, LP, NM/NM USD $3.95 Buy It Now 1 day
NAO - FOR ALL WE KNOW - NEW CD ALBUM USD $12.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Dinah Washington - I Wouldn't Know / For All We Know 7" VG R-4444 Vinyl 45 USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CARPENTERS - WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN / FOR ALL WE KNOW "JUKEBOX" 45 A USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Soul Nm! 45 Esther Phillips - Fever / For All We Know On Kudu USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
André Kostelanetz And His Orchestra ?- For All We Know EX Columbia C 30672 VINYL USD $6.49 Buy It Now 1 day
RAY CONNIFF - FERNANDO / For all we know / Music to watch girls by USD $2.54 Buy It Now 1 day
RECORD 45 ~ SHIRLEY BASSEY ~ FOR ALL WE KNOW ~ USD $3.81 Buy It Now 1 day
Dexter Gordon For All We Know CD USD $5.80 Buy It Now 1 day
ANDRE KOSTELANETZ / FOR ALL WE KNOW 1971 CBS RECORDS AUSTRALIA USD $8.64 Buy It Now 2 days
Nicki French For All We Know Australian 6 Track CD Single USD $6.16 Buy It Now 2 days
Nicki French ?- For All We Know 12" - BAGST4 - Ex USD $10.19 Buy It Now 2 days
Shirley Bassey-For All We Know USD $10.48 Buy It Now 2 days
UNCOMMON DOOWOP 45/CASLONS on AMY 45rpm: For all we know USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Nicki French - For All We Know (CD) USD $10.19 Buy It Now 2 days
Dexter Gordon - For All We Know (Cassette) Exc+ USD $0.64 [0 bids]
ORIOLES For all we know Never leave me baby 78 rpm USD $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SHIRLEY BASSEY - FOR ALL WE KNOW 7 INCH SINGLE VINYL RECORD 45rpm EXCELLENT USD $2.54 Buy It Now 2 days
American-Dutch All Stars: For All We Know - Blue Jack Jazz hybrid SACD USD $20.34 Buy It Now 2 days
David Hazeltine-For All We Know (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $14.93 Buy It Now 2 days
ESTHER PHILLIPS with Beck ~ FOR ALL WE KNOW VINYL RECORD LP / 1976 KUDU RECORDS USD $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SHIRLEY BASSEY Original 1971 Song Sheet Music FOR ALL WE KNOW USD $3.81 Buy It Now 2 days
The Flamingos DOO WOP 45 (End 1116 PROMO) For All We Know /Near You VG+ USD $12.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Frank Porretta For All We Know Vinyl LP Record Album USD $8.90 Buy It Now 2 days
Shirley Bassey - For All We Know - 7" Single USD $2.87 Buy It Now 2 days
EARL BOSTIC on E- 1955 King 4829 - Beyond the Blue Horizon / For All We Know USD $3.78 Buy It Now 2 days
Nicki French - For All We Know (7" single) juke box JB BAGS 4 USD $3.81 Buy It Now 2 days
Ishmael Reed - For All We Know [New CD] USD $17.72 Buy It Now 2 days
Ishmael Reed - For All We Know [New CD] USD $18.11 Buy It Now 2 days
ESTHER PHILLIPS - FOR ALL WE KNOW - KUDU RECORDS-968 - "SEALED" USD $18.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Esther Phillips With Joe Beck - For All We Know Lp Sealed!! USD $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Vikki Carr Love Story "For All We Know" Columbia Records C 30662 Vinyl LP Shrink USD $0.99 [0 bids]
For All We Know Nicki French UK 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) BAGST4 USD $10.13 Buy It Now 2 days
Shirley Bassey - For All We Know - 7" Single USD $3.19 Buy It Now 3 days
Earl Bostic East of the Sun, For All We Know 45 RPM Vinyl King Records EP-375 USD $0.99 Buy It Now 3 days
NAO For All We Know CD BRAND NEW USD $12.87 Buy It Now 3 days
Vintage Sheet Music "FOR ALL WE KNOW." - from an early 1940s 'News of the World' USD $3.83 [0 bids]
SHIRLEY BASSEY - FOR ALL WE KNOW - 70's - 7" VINYL USD $1.15 [0 bids]
SHIRLEY BASSEY - FOR ALL WE KNOW - 7" VINYL SINGLE - 1971 UNITED ARTISTS RECORDS USD $1.90 Buy It Now 3 days
Gloria Lynne Jazz Soul 34 RPM 7" Tis Autumn For All We Know Everest 29345 USD $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Ray Conniff And Singers Love Affair CD NEW For All We Know Just Friends Chloe USD $10.89 Buy It Now 3 days
"RARE" DOO-WOP.FLAMINGOS.FOR ALL WE KNOW / NEAR YOU.U.S.ORIG 7".VG+ USD $16.26 Buy It Now 3 days
Doo-Wop 45 - Caslons - For All We Know - Amy - mp3 USD $6.00 [1 bids]
Andre Kostelanetz and His Orchestra For All We Know LP 12" Columbia Record USD $5.91 Buy It Now 3 days
Vinyl Record Album Lp ESTHER PHILLIPS W BECK FOR ALL WE KNOW MINT USD $10.19 [0 bids]
ESTHER PHILLIPS For All We Know JAPAN CD KICJ-8111 1996 OBI USD $40.66 Buy It Now 3 days
VIKKI CARR'S LOVE STORY FOR ALL WE KNOW COLUMBIA RECORDS 30662 STEREO VG/VG+ USD $2.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CARPENTERS Singles 1969-1981 [Remaster] 2000 CD Greatest Hits For All We Know USD $17.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Shirley Bassey - For All We Know - 7" Single USD $2.87 Buy It Now 3 days
For All We Know, Charlie Byrd,Acceptable, Acceptable -Vinyl- Aged collectible - USD $10.99 Buy It Now 3 days
JUNE ALLYN: For All We Know DEB Pop Vocals 45 50s HEAR USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
VIKKI CARRS LOVE STORY FOR ALL WE KNOW C30662 ~SEALED~ USD $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
George "Stardust" Green~For All We Know~M&M LM-26 (NM) USD $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Shirley Bassey...For All We Know.....7" Single...United Artists Records USD $1.26 [0 bids]
Dexter Gordon - For All We Know - CD (Recorded 1967) USD $6.36 Buy It Now 3 days
45 RPM RECORD/6B) THE CARPENTERS / FOR ALL WE KNOW USD $2.00 Buy It Now 4 days
CARPENTERS - FOR ALL WE KNOW - EP 7" 45 VINYL RECORD PIC SLV 1970 USD $10.81 Buy It Now 4 days
FOR ALL WE KNOW - TAKE ME HOME USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $12.61 Buy It Now 4 days
FOR ALL WE KNOW - TAKE ME HOME NEW CD USD $15.05 Buy It Now 4 days
45 RECORD 7"- CARPENTERS - FOR ALL WE KNOW P/S USD $2.50 Buy It Now 4 days
SHIRLEY BASSEY For All We Know 7" Vinyl UK United Artists Demo USD $3.83 [0 bids]
Dexter Gordon - For All We Know Music Cassette USD $4.45 Buy It Now 4 days
Shirley Bassey - For All We Know / Whats Done Is Done - UP-35267 Ex Condition USD $4.14 Buy It Now 4 days
ESTHER PHILLIPS For All We Know/ Fever 7" VINYL R&B JAZZ BLUES SOUL USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CHARLIE BYRD "For All We Know" G30622 Vinyl 2-LPs 33 Jazz Album VG+ Stereo 1971 USD $9.25 Buy It Now 4 days
JACKIE & STARLITES doowop VG++ MASCOT 45 I Heard You b/w For All We Know E9843 USD $14.95 Buy It Now 4 days
CASLONS: For All We Know / Settle Me Down 45 (wol, rubber stamp ol) USD $25.00 Buy It Now 4 days
CHARLIE BYRD For All We Know G 30622 Dbl LP Vinyl VG+ Cover VG+ GF USD $6.98 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy FOR ALL WE KNOW music online Buy FOR ALL WE KNOW & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

FOR ALL WE KNOW For All We Know ratings distribution

FOR ALL WE KNOW For All We Know reviews

Review by UMUR
4 stars "For All We Know" is the self-titled debut full-length studio album by multi-national progressive rock/ metal act For All We Know. The album was released by Shopping Records in April 2011. For All We Know is a project that, among others, features members and ex-members of Within Temptation and Pain of Salvation.

The music on the album is in the crossfield between progressive rock and progressive metal. The metal elements on the album are actually sparse, but there are occassionally some effective heavy riffing going on. While For All We Know are brilliant musicians, the music on the album is not dominated by technical playing but rather emphasize atmosphere and emotional delivery. The warm and professional production further enhances the pleasant listening experience.

Lead vocalist Wudstik has an emotional vocal delivery and a voice and vocal style that at times remind me of Daniel Gildenlöw from Pain of Salvation. The Pain of Salvation link is further strengthened by the fact that former Pain of Salvation bassist Kristoffer Gildenlöw plays the bass on the album. I´d mention acts like Steve Hogarth era-Marillion and maybe Nick D'Virgilio era-Spock´s Beard as references here too. There are occasionally female vocals on the album to support Wudstik and that works great for variation.

The tracks are mostly kept to the point with vers/chorus structures and memorable choruses. That´s the foundation that the tracks are build around, but from there For All We Know incorporate progressive details, that ensure the album never grows stale. The vocal lines (which are often backed by harmony vocals or choirs) and how they are performed is the central element in the band´s sound, but the instrumental backing is tasteful and colours each track with a suiting melancholic atmosphere. The band´s sound is a sum of many things that come together succesfully. "For All We Know" is a warm an organic sounding album which is in large part due to having two keyboard players in the lineup who handle hammond organ, Fender Rhodes and piano.

"For All We Know" is not an album for the progressive metal fan who craves technical playing and heavy riffs, but for those who enjoy the more emotional, mellow and reflective side of the progressive metal genre, the album should definitely score high. Personally I usually belong to the former catagory of progressive metal fans, but there´s something special about this album, that makes me return to the it again and again. It´s probably the pleasant and slightly melancholic atmosphere, the strong vocals and harmony vocals, the excellent production, the tasteful and clever songswriting or maybe the brilliant musicianship that have a significant impact on me. I can´t quite put my finger on it, but "For All We Know" just works well for me and a 3.5 - 4 star rating is deserved.

Review by J-Man
5 stars Despite the unfortunate tendency for many progressive rock "supergroups" to pale in comparison to the individual members' day jobs, the debut effort from For All We Know offers a top-notch album from some of the business's finest musicians. A stunning observation that stands as one of the genre's finest offerings in the last decade-plus, this eye-opening effort should truly send shockwaves through progressive rock and metal fans worldwide. Although 2011 may be a bit of a slow year when it comes to strikingly original and unique progressive metal albums, this debut stands as a shining example that prog metal can still be done correctly over twenty-five years into its history. Did somebody say "masterpiece"?

Though this is essentially a side project from Within Temptation's Ruud Jolie, he recruits a star-studded cast consisting of Wudstik (Ayreon) on vocals, Kristoffer Gildenlöw (Dial, Pain of Salvation) on bass, Leo Margarit (Pain of Salvation) on drums, Thijs Schrijnemakers (Stereo) on Hammond organ, and Marco Kuypers (Cloudmachine) on piano and Rhodes. As if that's not an impressive enough lineup already, guest vocalists include Daniel Gildenlöw (Pain of Salvation), Sharon den Adel (Within Temptation), Damian Wilson (Threshold, Ayreon), Ruud Houweling (Cloudmachine), Anke Derks, and Tom Sikkers (Daybroke), and guest musicians John Wesley, Richie Faulkner, and Camilla van der Kooij also contribute. One glance at a list like that, and it's clear that For All We Know consists of brilliant musicians - and they certainly don't disappoint either. The musicianship, while never crossing the line into extremely technical territory, remains tasteful and impressive throughout the album's entire duration.

In spite of Ruud Jolie's symphonic metal background, the music here is a stark contrast to his work in Within Temptation. I'd describe For All We Know as a crossing point between Pain of Salvation, Hogarth-era Marillion, Porcupine Tree, Riverside, and Wolverine. That means you should expect mellow progressive metal that's focused heavily on atmosphere and melancholy, rather than technicality and heaviness. There are actually quite a few times where I'd hesitate in even calling For All We Know a metal album - some excellently placed heavy riffs reaffirm that this album is certainly prog metal, but many softer tracks like "Keep Breathing" and "Nothing More" make the album ride the border between prog rock and prog metal. The fresh, unique sound that Ruud Jolie successfully captures makes For All We Know stand out immediately in the fairly stagnant modern prog metal genre.

From a songwriting standpoint, For All We Know tremendously exceeds any of my preconceived expectations. Every song here is its own unique journey, each one standing terrifically on its own, yet even better when pieced together as a full experience. That is my key expectation when we're talking about musical masterpieces, and For All We Know offers some of the most stunning and emotional progressive metal compositions I've ever heard. I reckon it impossible to listen to a track like "Down On My Knees", "Open Your Eyes", or "Nothing More" without goosebumps running up your arms and legs. This is some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard played by some of the most passionate musicians in the industry... there's certainly not much more I could ask for.

In case I haven't praised For All We Know enough (which, trust me, I haven't), the warm and powerful production deserves a mention. Although extremely polished and modern, it maintains a highly clean and captivating sound that makes the album even more appealing. I can't think of any production that would better suit the music here.

I really don't think there's much else to say. For All We Know is a stunning album by a stunning group that I honest-to-god hope makes more albums before calling it quits. It'd be quite a shame to see such a fantastic project end after just one album. But even if that is the case, the band has graciously left us with one of the finest progressive metal albums ever created... and that's ultimately what matters most. This album holds a special place in my collection, and I'm sure it'll be cherished for many years to come. I would not let this essential masterpiece slip through your fingers, and anyone who enjoys progressive rock/metal should get this one in their CD player as soon as possible. In a place called "utopia" every album would be this moving, but as that is not the case, we must cherish the few truly outstanding albums that grace our ears - and For All We Know is surely one of them. Of course, 5 stars are the least I can give in this scenario. For All We Know may very well have claimed album of the year with their terrific debut.

Review by Conor Fynes
4 stars 'For All We Know' - For All We Know (8/10)

Supergroups have historically been known as a pretty double-edged sword. The artists involved are usually established , nd very good at what they do, and the thought of having such talent together is usually the answer to many listeners' dreams. The catch usually comes around by the time the music is released though; the music may be produced well or performed brilliantly, but the passion and inspiration usually shown with the artist's main work is lacking. To make this rant pertinent to the review of For All We Know's debut, this is a supergroup that breaks out of that preconception. Taking some of the best known artists in progressive metal and rock together under the one banner of this album, it is questionable as to whether this band will go anywhere else from here, but For All We Know stands as a great album of progressive metal that stands leagues above many of its peers.

Marketed as a collaboration between members of Within Temptation and Pain of Salvation, one could probably get some idea of what this might sound like if they are familiar with either of those acts. Although this project is led by Within Temptation guitarist Ruud Jolie however, the music here in fact sounds closer to Pain of Salvation than anything else, likely circa their 'Perfect Element' or 'Remedy Lane' days. Seeing as Pain of Salvation has since gone on to other things with their sound, it is very nice to hear this brand of melodic, dark, yet not power metal inclined progressive metal again. Both Kristoffer and Daniel Gildenlöw from Pain of Salvation are here, and while Daniel's distinctive and beautiful vocals only come in a couple of times in the album, they are a beautiful addition to the music here. The majority of the vocals however fall upon singer Wudstik, who I first heard guest starring on an Ayreon album. He has a warm voice that generally sticks to the comfortable mid range, but certain moments see him reaching for the higer notes, which he does very nicely. He has a great vibrato to his voice that compliments the more mellow moments that 'For All We Know' has to offer.

On top of those, Sharon Del Adel from Within Temptation does a vocal duet with Daniel Gildenlöw here that is a real treat, especially for a fan of both bands ('Keep Breathing'), and John Wesley of Porcupine Tree lays down a guitar solo here towards the end of the record. As supergroups go, the songwriting here is very nice; Ruud Jolie's songwriting is very melodic and often goes in a similar direction to that of Pain of Salvation, and while things are progressive here, each of these tracks sticks to the songwriting, there are no longer tracks to really sport the band's chemistry or ambition. The album's flow is not great, and 'For All We Know' instead feels like a collection of great songs rather than a flowing piece of singular music.

At the heart of all of these guest spots and flashy production though, there is strong songwriting, and this is what makes For All We Know a great project. I can only hope that there is a second album to come along after this, because this has been one of the strongest debuts I have heard this year.

Post a review of FOR ALL WE KNOW "For All We Know"