FOR ALL WE KNOW

- Léo Margarit / drums
- Thijs Schrijnemakers / hammond
- Marco Kuypers / rhodes and piano

Shopping, 25th of April 2011

Thanks to UMUR for the addition

FOR ALL WE KNOW MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FOR ALL WE KNOW For All We Know Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
We're About to ChangeWe're About to Change
567 Records 2008
Dave Brubeck - For All We Know [CD New] USD $22.48 Buy It Now 9h 7m
For All We Know by Carpenters Rock A&M 1971 near mint USD $7.46 [0 bids]
USD $9.95 Buy It Now
DAVE BRUBECK - FOR ALL WE KNOW / TAKE FIVE NEW CD USD $25.54 Buy It Now 13h 23m
Vikki Carr's Love Story- For All We Know LP Japan ~ Liming Records USD $22.00 Buy It Now 14h 8m
Carpenters 45 We've Only just Begun/For All We Know A&M Records #8549-S USD $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 15m
NO 4.CD SINGLE..FOR ALL WE KNOW..NICKI FRENCH USD $12.20 Buy It Now 15h 42m
ESTHER PHILIPS - For All We Know - FUNK SOUL 45 - Kudu Promo USD $11.99 Buy It Now 16h 33m
JACKIE & STARLITES: For All We Know 45 (no horseshoe on lbl) Vocal Groups USD $35.00 Buy It Now 16h 41m
Chris Flory For All We Know Promo CD 1990 Concord Jazz Guitar USD $6.95 [0 bids]
USD $13.95 Buy It Now
Carpenters-Don't Be afraid / For All We Know- 197145 rpm USD $1.99 [0 bids]
ANDRE KOSTELANETZ For All We Know SHRINK SEXY COVER 1971 EX/VG++ LP Record USD $5.09 Buy It Now 19h 31m
78rpm PRIMO SCALA ACCORDEON BAND love in bloom / for all we know 8316 USD $15.64 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WILLIAMS / TIM MORGON For All We Know KAPP RECORDS 45 USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Carpenters We've only Just Begun / For All We Know NEW 45 USD $2.49 Buy It Now 1 day
VIKKI CARR - VIKKI CARR'S LOVE STORY FEATURING FOR ALL WE KNOW - 33 RPM LP USD $2.00 [0 bids]
THE CARPENTERS 'For All We Know/Don't Be Afraid' 45 HTF PS USD $5.00 [0 bids]
USD $8.00 Buy It Now
ANDRE KOSTELANETZ - FOR ALL WE KNOW USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $6.49 Buy It Now
VIKKI CARR'S LOVE STORY ALBUM LP RECORD VINYL FOR ALL WE KNOW USD $0.99 [0 bids]
WESLIA WHITFIELD Lucky to Be Me Landmark LP Mitch Greensill For All We Know USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
For All We Know by Esther Phillips Disco Kudu 1976 near mint USD $7.46 [0 bids]
USD $9.95 Buy It Now
Andre Kostelanetz For All We Know Columbia C30672 Chesecake cover USD $2.97 [0 bids]
USD $3.87 Buy It Now
STEVE ALLEN 12 Golden Hits Dot lp NM For All We Know AS TIME GOES BY Deep Purple USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
For All We know - Don't Be Afraid Carpenters A & M 1243-S USD $2.97 [0 bids]
USD $3.87 Buy It Now
Gaea Schell Trio - For All We Know - CD. 2 for 1 P&P USD $2.33 [0 bids]
ANDRE KOSTELANETZ-FOR ALL WE KNOW-VINYL-NM-COLUMBIA TWO EYE USD $5.99 [0 bids]
USD $9.99 Buy It Now
FREE 2for1 OFFER- Esther Phillips With Beck- For All We Know-KU-28/LP USD $9.98 Buy It Now 1 day
CD Single: Nicki French : For All We Know USD $1.16 [0 bids]
CARPENTERS SELF TITLED CD RAINY DAYS AND MONDAYS FOR ALL WE KNOW DISC IS MINT USD $5.14 Buy It Now 1 day
Jose James & Jef Neve CD For All We Know Verve Jazz Standards Vocals USD $3.00 [0 bids]
ESTHER PHILLIPS FOR ALL WE KNOW KUDU SOUL LP SHRINK USD $8.00 [0 bids]
45 RPM 7" RECORD CARPENTERS FOR ALL WE KNOW / DON'T BE AFRAID USD $1.99 [0 bids]
USD $2.99 Buy It Now
NICKI FRENCH FOR ALL WE KNOW * CD SINGLE * USD $7.33 Buy It Now 2 days
CHARLIE BYRD FOR ALL WE KNOW 2 LP SET 499 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CARPENTERS - The Singles, Greatest Hits, Best of, Close To You, For All We Know USD $3.50 [0 bids]
USD $4.55 Buy It Now
Esther Phillips For All We Know/Fever Near Mint Condition 45 USD $3.50 [0 bids]
Shirley Bassey - For All We Know 7" Ex UAR UP35267 USD $3.89 Buy It Now 2 days
A&M record & sleeve The Carpenters For All We Know USD $6.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE CASLONS-For all we know/Settle Me Down 45 Rare doo wop AMY 836 USD $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
VIKKI CARR - FOR ALL WE KNOW USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $6.49 Buy It Now
JOSE JAMES & JEF NEVE-FOR ALL WE KNOW-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed C68 USD $17.50 Buy It Now 2 days
ROBERTA FLACK & DONNY HATHAWAY ORIGINAL CD WHERE IS THE LOVE FOR ALL WE KNOW USD $7.49 Buy It Now 2 days
For All We Know - James,Jose USD $8.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Vikki Carr-For All We Know-LP-SEALED-Columbia Records /Vikki Carr USD $10.00 [0 bids]
USD $15.00 Buy It Now
CARPENTERS Don't Be Afraid/For All We Know 45 RPM W/PS A&M Records USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ROY SMECK'S TRIO The Prize Waltz / For all we know 78 REX 8303 USD $20.31 Buy It Now 2 days
hear {60s R&B Doo Wop} ~ THE CASLONS ~ For All We Know / Settle Me Down USD $6.00 [0 bids]
ESTHER PHILLIPS WITH BECK - FOR ALL WE KNOW-LP/Vinyl/Record USD $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Johnny Mathis POP 45 (Columbia 45104) For All We Know/Odds and Ends VG+ USD $5.95 Buy It Now 2 days
(LP) ''ANDRE KOSTELANTZ & HIS ORCHESTRA'' / FOR ALL WE KNOW / 1970's COLUMBIA USD $0.50 [0 bids]
ANDRE KOSTELANETZ FOR ALL WE KNOW SEALED LP USD $11.89 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHNNY MATHIS "ODDS AND ENDS/FOR ALL WE KNOW" COLUMBIA DEMO- 45 VINYL SINGLE USD $1.79 Buy It Now 2 days
Pop Rock 7" 45 - Carpenters - We've Only Just Begun / For All We Know - A USD $2.70 [0 bids]
USD $3.56 Buy It Now
SHIRLEY BASSEY FOR ALL WE KNOW WHATS DONE IS DONE VINYL 7" SINGLE USD $3.89 Buy It Now 3 days
CARPENTERS RARE NEW ZEALAND 7" EP UNIQUE PS 1972 NZ FOR ALL WE KNOW AMX-11795 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ANDRE KOSTELANETZ AND HIS ORCHESTRA For All We Know LP 11 Track Stereo Solid Ora USD $16.40 Buy It Now 3 days
Dinah Washington 45 I WOULDN'T KNOW / FOR ALL WE KNOW ~ VG+ r+b USD $3.40 Buy It Now 3 days
VINYL 7" SINGLE - FOR ALL WE KNOW - SHIRLEY BASSEY - UP35267 USD $10.93 Buy It Now 3 days
BORIS GARDINER For All We Know LP on Dynamic Sounds USD $7.99 [0 bids]
ANDRE KOSTELANETZ 8 TRACK "For All We Know" 197? {Columbia CA 30672} vg++ TESTED USD $9.95 Buy It Now 3 days
NICKI FRENCH 1995 CD Single FOR ALL WE KNOW SAW NearMINT USD $3.89 Buy It Now 3 days
For All We Know - Abbott/Taylor (2007, CD New) USD $20.27 Buy It Now 3 days
Carpenters Don't Be Afraid/For All We Know 45 Pic Sleeve Only USD $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
NICKI FRENCH for all we know 7" WS EX/ uk jukebox promo USD $10.93 Buy It Now 3 days
THE CARPENTERS RAINY DAYS AND MONDAYS FOR ALL WE KNOW LP RECORD ALBUM 70'S USD $3.99 [0 bids]
Esther Phillips: For All We Know / Fever 45 - Kudu USD $2.08 Buy It Now 3 days
ORIOLES Baby Please Don't Go/ For All We Know 7" 45 NEW SOUL R&B VINYL SONNY TIL USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
For All We Know USD $21.25 Buy It Now 3 days
Sonic Youth Bettie Serveert "Superstar/For All We Know" Split Single 1994 Vinyl USD $15.99 [0 bids]
NORMA LEWIS For All We Know 7" B/w When Loving You UK Erc 1984 USD $8.19 Buy It Now 3 days
Charlie Byrd, For All We Know, Theme From Love Story - 2LP set, Live USD $3.29 [0 bids]
USD $4.29 Buy It Now
NICKI FRENCH For All We Know 7" Jukebox Promo B/w Total Eclipse Of The Heart UK USD $8.19 Buy It Now 3 days
NIKI FRENCH - FOR ALL WE KNOW - CD SINGLE USD $15.62 Buy It Now 3 days
45 RPM 7" RECORD A& M CARPENTERS FOR ALL WE KNOW / DON'T BE AFRAID USD $1.99 [0 bids]
USD $2.99 Buy It Now
CARPENTERS, FOR ALL WE KNOW / DON'T BE AFRAID 7"x45rpm SINGLE RECORD USD $4.07 Buy It Now 3 days
Clint Eastwood - Unknown Girl/For All We Know - 1961 USA Picture Sleeve PS 7" USD $69.99 [0 bids]
USD $90.99 Buy It Now
Dexter Gordon For all we know - CD Compact Disc USD $5.93 Buy It Now 3 days
ESTHER PHILLIPS w/ BECK For All We Know LP NM USD $9.99 [0 bids]
USD $12.99 Buy It Now
ORIOLES: For All We Know 45 rare Vocal Groups USD $55.00 Buy It Now 3 days
For All We Know by Jos‚ James/Jef Neve (CD, May-2010, Verve) USD $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
ESTHER PHILLIPS WITH BECK For All We Know LP 7 Track Still Sealed US Kudu 1976 USD $24.39 Buy It Now 4 days
For All We Know by Chris Flory (CD, Jul-2004, Concord) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
SHIRLEY BASSEY For All We Know 7" Vinyl USD $1.56 Buy It Now 4 days
ORIOLES~BABY PLEASE DON'T GO ~ MAXI~FOR ALL WE KNOW~~ DOO WOP 45 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
NICKI FRENCH For All We Know CD USD $3.83 Buy It Now 4 days
SHIRLEY BASSEY For All We Know 7" 45 USD $3.83 Buy It Now 4 days
RAY CHARLES Betty Carter Together For all we know Stereo single USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dinah Washington 45 "For All We Know / I Wouldn't Know" USD $3.49 Buy It Now 4 days
ESTHER PHILLIPS LP on KUDO - FOR ALL WE KNOW - NEAR MINT USD $8.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Vikki Carr's Love Story featuring "For All We Know" Vinyl LP Record USD $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
HAL KEMP & His Orchestra Bolero / For all we know 78 DECCA F5189 USD $20.31 Buy It Now 4 days
Two ESTHER PHILLIPS Lps What A Diff'rence** KUDU NMINT For All We Know SOUL JAZZ USD $7.99 [0 bids]
Esther Phillips For All We Know Kudu LP Jazz Soul Sealed USD $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
For All We Know, Byrd, Charlie / Airto Related, Good USD $14.50 Buy It Now 4 days
NICKI FRENCH - For All We Know (CD Sgl. 1995) USD $1.95 [0 bids]
For All We Know 1962 Vintage Sheet Music USD $6.99 [0 bids]
USD $9.99 Buy It Now
Carpenters - For All We Know / Don't Be Afraid 7" USD $2.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE CARPENTERS 45 RPM "We've Only Just Begun" & "For All We Know" VG++ condition USD $2.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE CARPENTERS 45 RPM "For All We Know" & "Don't Be Afraid" VG+ condition USD $2.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Charlie Byrd Double Lp For All We Know CBS Rare USD $11.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Carpenters - For All We Know / Don't Be Afraid 45 A&M VG+ 1971 USD $4.00 Buy It Now 5 days

More places to buy FOR ALL WE KNOW music online Buy FOR ALL WE KNOW & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FOR ALL WE KNOW DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FOR ALL WE KNOW For All We Know ratings distribution

FOR ALL WE KNOW For All We Know reviews

Review by UMUR
4 stars "For All We Know" is the self-titled debut full-length studio album by multi-national progressive rock/ metal act For All We Know. The album was released by Shopping Records in April 2011. For All We Know is a project that, among others, features members and ex-members of Within Temptation and Pain of Salvation.

The music on the album is in the crossfield between progressive rock and progressive metal. The metal elements on the album are actually sparse, but there are occassionally some effective heavy riffing going on. While For All We Know are brilliant musicians, the music on the album is not dominated by technical playing but rather emphasize atmosphere and emotional delivery. The warm and professional production further enhances the pleasant listening experience.

Lead vocalist Wudstik has an emotional vocal delivery and a voice and vocal style that at times remind me of Daniel Gildenlöw from Pain of Salvation. The Pain of Salvation link is further strengthened by the fact that former Pain of Salvation bassist Kristoffer Gildenlöw plays the bass on the album. I´d mention acts like Steve Hogarth era-Marillion and maybe Nick D'Virgilio era-Spock´s Beard as references here too. There are occasionally female vocals on the album to support Wudstik and that works great for variation.

The tracks are mostly kept to the point with vers/chorus structures and memorable choruses. That´s the foundation that the tracks are build around, but from there For All We Know incorporate progressive details, that ensure the album never grows stale. The vocal lines (which are often backed by harmony vocals or choirs) and how they are performed is the central element in the band´s sound, but the instrumental backing is tasteful and colours each track with a suiting melancholic atmosphere. The band´s sound is a sum of many things that come together succesfully. "For All We Know" is a warm an organic sounding album which is in large part due to having two keyboard players in the lineup who handle hammond organ, Fender Rhodes and piano.

"For All We Know" is not an album for the progressive metal fan who craves technical playing and heavy riffs, but for those who enjoy the more emotional, mellow and reflective side of the progressive metal genre, the album should definitely score high. Personally I usually belong to the former catagory of progressive metal fans, but there´s something special about this album, that makes me return to the it again and again. It´s probably the pleasant and slightly melancholic atmosphere, the strong vocals and harmony vocals, the excellent production, the tasteful and clever songswriting or maybe the brilliant musicianship that have a significant impact on me. I can´t quite put my finger on it, but "For All We Know" just works well for me and a 3.5 - 4 star rating is deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#499651) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 08, 2011

Review by J-Man
5 stars Despite the unfortunate tendency for many progressive rock "supergroups" to pale in comparison to the individual members' day jobs, the debut effort from For All We Know offers a top-notch album from some of the business's finest musicians. A stunning observation that stands as one of the genre's finest offerings in the last decade-plus, this eye-opening effort should truly send shockwaves through progressive rock and metal fans worldwide. Although 2011 may be a bit of a slow year when it comes to strikingly original and unique progressive metal albums, this debut stands as a shining example that prog metal can still be done correctly over twenty-five years into its history. Did somebody say "masterpiece"?

Though this is essentially a side project from Within Temptation's Ruud Jolie, he recruits a star-studded cast consisting of Wudstik (Ayreon) on vocals, Kristoffer Gildenlöw (Dial, Pain of Salvation) on bass, Leo Margarit (Pain of Salvation) on drums, Thijs Schrijnemakers (Stereo) on Hammond organ, and Marco Kuypers (Cloudmachine) on piano and Rhodes. As if that's not an impressive enough lineup already, guest vocalists include Daniel Gildenlöw (Pain of Salvation), Sharon den Adel (Within Temptation), Damian Wilson (Threshold, Ayreon), Ruud Houweling (Cloudmachine), Anke Derks, and Tom Sikkers (Daybroke), and guest musicians John Wesley, Richie Faulkner, and Camilla van der Kooij also contribute. One glance at a list like that, and it's clear that For All We Know consists of brilliant musicians - and they certainly don't disappoint either. The musicianship, while never crossing the line into extremely technical territory, remains tasteful and impressive throughout the album's entire duration.

In spite of Ruud Jolie's symphonic metal background, the music here is a stark contrast to his work in Within Temptation. I'd describe For All We Know as a crossing point between Pain of Salvation, Hogarth-era Marillion, Porcupine Tree, Riverside, and Wolverine. That means you should expect mellow progressive metal that's focused heavily on atmosphere and melancholy, rather than technicality and heaviness. There are actually quite a few times where I'd hesitate in even calling For All We Know a metal album - some excellently placed heavy riffs reaffirm that this album is certainly prog metal, but many softer tracks like "Keep Breathing" and "Nothing More" make the album ride the border between prog rock and prog metal. The fresh, unique sound that Ruud Jolie successfully captures makes For All We Know stand out immediately in the fairly stagnant modern prog metal genre.

From a songwriting standpoint, For All We Know tremendously exceeds any of my preconceived expectations. Every song here is its own unique journey, each one standing terrifically on its own, yet even better when pieced together as a full experience. That is my key expectation when we're talking about musical masterpieces, and For All We Know offers some of the most stunning and emotional progressive metal compositions I've ever heard. I reckon it impossible to listen to a track like "Down On My Knees", "Open Your Eyes", or "Nothing More" without goosebumps running up your arms and legs. This is some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard played by some of the most passionate musicians in the industry... there's certainly not much more I could ask for.

In case I haven't praised For All We Know enough (which, trust me, I haven't), the warm and powerful production deserves a mention. Although extremely polished and modern, it maintains a highly clean and captivating sound that makes the album even more appealing. I can't think of any production that would better suit the music here.

I really don't think there's much else to say. For All We Know is a stunning album by a stunning group that I honest-to-god hope makes more albums before calling it quits. It'd be quite a shame to see such a fantastic project end after just one album. But even if that is the case, the band has graciously left us with one of the finest progressive metal albums ever created... and that's ultimately what matters most. This album holds a special place in my collection, and I'm sure it'll be cherished for many years to come. I would not let this essential masterpiece slip through your fingers, and anyone who enjoys progressive rock/metal should get this one in their CD player as soon as possible. In a place called "utopia" every album would be this moving, but as that is not the case, we must cherish the few truly outstanding albums that grace our ears - and For All We Know is surely one of them. Of course, 5 stars are the least I can give in this scenario. For All We Know may very well have claimed album of the year with their terrific debut.

Send comments to J-Man (BETA) | Report this review (#502760) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 13, 2011

Review by Conor Fynes
4 stars 'For All We Know' - For All We Know (8/10)

Supergroups have historically been known as a pretty double-edged sword. The artists involved are usually established , nd very good at what they do, and the thought of having such talent together is usually the answer to many listeners' dreams. The catch usually comes around by the time the music is released though; the music may be produced well or performed brilliantly, but the passion and inspiration usually shown with the artist's main work is lacking. To make this rant pertinent to the review of For All We Know's debut, this is a supergroup that breaks out of that preconception. Taking some of the best known artists in progressive metal and rock together under the one banner of this album, it is questionable as to whether this band will go anywhere else from here, but For All We Know stands as a great album of progressive metal that stands leagues above many of its peers.

Marketed as a collaboration between members of Within Temptation and Pain of Salvation, one could probably get some idea of what this might sound like if they are familiar with either of those acts. Although this project is led by Within Temptation guitarist Ruud Jolie however, the music here in fact sounds closer to Pain of Salvation than anything else, likely circa their 'Perfect Element' or 'Remedy Lane' days. Seeing as Pain of Salvation has since gone on to other things with their sound, it is very nice to hear this brand of melodic, dark, yet not power metal inclined progressive metal again. Both Kristoffer and Daniel Gildenlöw from Pain of Salvation are here, and while Daniel's distinctive and beautiful vocals only come in a couple of times in the album, they are a beautiful addition to the music here. The majority of the vocals however fall upon singer Wudstik, who I first heard guest starring on an Ayreon album. He has a warm voice that generally sticks to the comfortable mid range, but certain moments see him reaching for the higer notes, which he does very nicely. He has a great vibrato to his voice that compliments the more mellow moments that 'For All We Know' has to offer.

On top of those, Sharon Del Adel from Within Temptation does a vocal duet with Daniel Gildenlöw here that is a real treat, especially for a fan of both bands ('Keep Breathing'), and John Wesley of Porcupine Tree lays down a guitar solo here towards the end of the record. As supergroups go, the songwriting here is very nice; Ruud Jolie's songwriting is very melodic and often goes in a similar direction to that of Pain of Salvation, and while things are progressive here, each of these tracks sticks to the songwriting, there are no longer tracks to really sport the band's chemistry or ambition. The album's flow is not great, and 'For All We Know' instead feels like a collection of great songs rather than a flowing piece of singular music.

At the heart of all of these guest spots and flashy production though, there is strong songwriting, and this is what makes For All We Know a great project. I can only hope that there is a second album to come along after this, because this has been one of the strongest debuts I have heard this year.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#503139) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 14, 2011

Post a review of FOR ALL WE KNOW "For All We Know"