FOR ALL WE KNOW

- Léo Margarit / drums
- Thijs Schrijnemakers / hammond
- Marco Kuypers / rhodes and piano

Shopping, 25th of April 2011

Thanks to UMUR for the addition

FOR ALL WE KNOW MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FOR ALL WE KNOW For All We Know Music

We're About to ChangeWe're About to Change
567 Records 2008
78rpm PRIMO SCALA ACCORDEON BAND love in bloom / for all we know 8316 US $16.60 Buy It Now 56m 27s
WESLIA WHITFIELD Lucky to Be Me Landmark LP Mitch Greensill For All We Know US $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 26m
STEVE ALLEN 12 Golden Hits Dot lp NM For All We Know AS TIME GOES BY Deep Purple US $14.99 Buy It Now 8h 4m
EX Rare Samba 45: Stan Getz on Fantasy - Ginza Samba & For All We Know US $25.00 [0 bids]
VIKKI CARR - VIKKI CARR'S LOVE STORY FEATURING FOR ALL WE KNOW - 33 RPM LP US $1.49 [0 bids]
CHARLIE BYRD FOR ALL WE KNOW 2 LP SET 499 US $8.99 Buy It Now 19h 7m
NICKI FRENCH FOR ALL WE KNOW * CD SINGLE * US $8.37 Buy It Now 21h 16m
THE CASLONS-For all we know/Settle Me Down 45 Rare doo wop AMY 836 US $15.00 [0 bids]
JOSE JAMES & JEF NEVE-FOR ALL WE KNOW-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed C68 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CARPENTERS - FOR ALL WE KNOW c/w DON'T BE AFRAID - VERY GOOD 45 US $4.29 [0 bids]
NICKI FRENCH for all we know 12" 4 trk yerp mix b/w extended radio and tv edit,f US $8.28 Buy It Now 1 day
NORMA LEWIS for all we know 12" 2 trk b/w instrumental (ercl111) uk eric 1984 US $8.28 Buy It Now 1 day
ROBERTA FLACK & DONNY HATHAWAY ORIGINAL CD WHERE IS THE LOVE FOR ALL WE KNOW US $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
CARPENTERS Don't Be Afraid/For All We Know 45 RPM W/PS A&M Records US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ROY SMECK'S TRIO The Prize Waltz / For all we know 78 REX 8303 US $21.56 Buy It Now 1 day
Johnny Mathis POP 45 (Columbia 45104) For All We Know/Odds and Ends VG+ US $5.95 Buy It Now 1 day
CARPENTERS: For All We Know/Don't Be Afraid rock US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ESTHER PHILLIPS: For All We Know/Fever (RnB vinyl 45) US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ANDRE KOSTELANETZ FOR ALL WE KNOW SEALED LP US $11.89 Buy It Now 1 day
Jazz Billie Holiday: I`m a Fool to Want You_For all We Know_But (Melodia, 1980) US $17.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Carpenters - We've Only Just Begun / For All We Know - Jukebox 45 US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SHIRLEY BASSEY FOR ALL WE KNOW WHATS DONE IS DONE VINYL 7" SINGLE US $4.13 Buy It Now 1 day
NICKI FRENCH for all we know 7" WS EX/ uk jukebox promo US $11.60 Buy It Now 1 day
NORTHERN SOUL/MOTOWN - THE SPINNERS - FOR ALL WE KNOW - MOTOWN W/D PROMO US $3.30 [1 bids]
Dinah Washington 45 I WOULDN'T KNOW / FOR ALL WE KNOW ~ VG+ r+b US $3.08 Buy It Now 2 days
VIKKI CARR - FOR ALL WE KNOW US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CARPENTERS SUPERSTAR / FOR ALL WE KNOW PORTUGAL 7" SINGLE US $3.00 [0 bids]
ANDRE KOSTELANETZ - FOR ALL WE KNOW US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANDRE KOSTELANETZ 8 TRACK "For All We Know" 197? {Columbia CA 30672} vg++ TESTED US $9.95 Buy It Now 2 days
VINYL 7" SINGLE - FOR ALL WE KNOW - SHIRLEY BASSEY - UP35267 US $11.60 Buy It Now 2 days
For All We Know - Abbott/Taylor New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $32.93 Buy It Now 2 days
DINAH WASHINGTON: For All We Know / I Wouldn't Know (blues & r&b vinyl 45) US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Carpenters Don't Be Afraid/For All We Know 45 Pic Sleeve Only US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
45 Sarah Vaughan "For All We Know" 1960 Mercury 71669 VG++ US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
FRANK PORRETTA: "FOR ALL WE KNOW" (VINYL, LP RECORD) ABCS-722, ALBUM, RARE, 12" US $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Esther Phillips: For All We Know / Fever 45 - Kudu US $1.59 [0 bids]
Esther Phillips 45-FOR ALL WE KNOW/FEVER US $30.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Esther Philips Promo 45-FOR ALL WE KNOW US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Carpenters, For All We Know / Don't be Afraid - 45 Rpm 7" Vinyl Record ***** US $0.99 [0 bids]
ORIOLES Baby Please Don't Go/ For All We Know 7" 45 NEW SOUL R&B VINYL SONNY TIL US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Walter Schumann: For All We Know / Whoo-ee Loo-ee-siana - 45rpm - Capitol F1593 US $6.97 Buy It Now 2 days
Vikki Carr's Love Story featuring "For All We Know" Vinyl LP Record US $5.00 [0 bids]
STAN GETZ CAL TJADER ~ For All We Know 1963 Jazz 45 Orig Fantasy WLP 566 Hear ! US $5.95 [0 bids]
The Carpenters - For All We Know & Don't Be Afraid 45RPM W/PS US $1.99 [0 bids]
ESTHER PHILLIPS FEVER FOR ALL WE KNOW NM 45rpm INTL SHIP SLSP 51 ACL US $2.00 Buy It Now 2 days
## TESTED ## ESTHER PHILLIPS W/ BECK - FOR ALL WE KNOW 8 TRACK TAPE US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ORIOLES: For All We Know 45 rare Vocal Groups US $55.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Carpenters For all we know PERU US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SHIRLEY BASSEY For All We Know 7" Vinyl US $1.66 Buy It Now 3 days
45 rpm RE-Carpenters-For All We Know/ We've Only Just Begun A&M Memories US $1.75 [0 bids]
45 RECORD THE CARPENTERS- FOR ALL WE KNOW US $0.99 Buy It Now 3 days
NICKI FRENCH For All We Know CD US $6.56 Buy It Now 3 days
SHIRLEY BASSEY For All We Know 7" 45 US $6.56 Buy It Now 3 days
For All We Know by Flamingos Doo Wop Collectables 1962 near mint US $9.95 Buy It Now 3 days
ANDRE KOSTELANETZ FOR ALL WE KNOW US $7.00 Buy It Now 3 days
RAY CHARLES Betty Carter Together For all we know Stereo single US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
1958 - DINAH WASHINGTON - I WOULDN'T KNOW & FOR ALL WE KNOW - 45 RPM US $14.95 Buy It Now 3 days
The Carpenters~We've Only Just Begun/For All We Know~Rock 45 on A+M US $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Dinah Washington 45 "For All We Know / I Wouldn't Know" US $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
WALTER SCHUMANN for all we know / whoo ee loo ee siana CAPITOL 45 US $5.00 [0 bids]
SHIRLEY BASSEY - FOR ALL WE KNOW -WHAT'S DONE IS DONE 7/45 PORTUGAL UA 1971 US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ESTHER PHILLIPS LP on KUDO - FOR ALL WE KNOW - NEAR MINT US $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
VIKKI CARRS LOVE STORY FOR ALL WE KNOW C30662 ~SEALED~ US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Latvian Record Andre Kostelanetz For All We Know US $5.99 [0 bids]
For All We know - Don't Be Afraid Carpenters A & M 1243-S US $3.00 Buy It Now 3 days
STEVE & EYDIE "DID YOU GIVE THE WORLD SOME LOVE TODAY BABE" "FOR ALL WE KNOW" US $3.29 Buy It Now 3 days
HAL KEMP & His Orchestra Bolero / For all we know 78 DECCA F5189 US $21.56 Buy It Now 3 days
Esther Phillips For All We Know Kudu LP Jazz Soul Sealed US $8.50 Buy It Now 3 days
FOR ALL WE KNOW AND OTHER ACADEMY AWARD WINNERS 1971 NEW! SEALED! US $2.95 [0 bids]
Carpenters - For All We Know / Don't Be Afraid 7" US $2.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Esther Phillips For All We Know 45 Rpm Record Vintage Kudu Label Promotional US $14.99 [0 bids]
CARPENTERS Don't Be Afraid / For All We Know A&M 1243 45 RECORD US $0.99 [0 bids]
SHIRLEY BASSEY -70's Sheet music - FOR ALL WE KNOW US $19.92 Buy It Now 4 days
Carpenters 45 We've Only Just Begun/For All We Know A & M Records #8549 US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Jazz 45 ESTHER PHILLIPS For All We Know on Kudu US $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
NICKI FRENCH - For All We Know (CD Sgl. 1995) US $3.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CARPENTERS The Singles 1969-1973 LP Top Of The World For All We Kn US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ESTER PHILLIPS "FOR ALL WE KNOW" 8 Track! Brand New!! Sealed US $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE CARPENTERS 'WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN" / "FOR ALL WE KNOW" 7" 45 MINT US $2.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dinah Washington"I Wouldn't Know/For All We Know"45 Record Roulette R-4444 US $4.95 Buy It Now 4 days
CARPENTERS For All We Know / Don't Be Afraid STORE COPY45 PIC SLEEVE Stereo US $0.99 [0 bids]
Carpenters - For All We Know 45 1971 US $0.99 Buy It Now 4 days
NEW - For All We Know by Simone, Nina US $3.00 Buy It Now 4 days
JOSE JAMES / JEF NEVE - FOR ALL WE KNOW NEW CD US $16.92 Buy It Now 4 days
NICKI FRENCH - For All We Know (CD Sgl. 1995) US $2.95 [0 bids]
CARPENTERS - The Singles, Greatest Hits, Best of, Close To You, For All We Know US $3.50 [0 bids]
CHARLIE BYRD: For All We Know LP COLUMBIA RECORDS G30622 2xLP Gatefold VG++ US $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ESTHER PHILLIPS Fever / For All We Know 7" 1976 Kudu Creed Taylor w/sleeve US $2.99 [0 bids]
Carpenters For All We Know / Don't Be Afraid 45 Label A&M US $3.49 Buy It Now 4 days
Nat King Cole I Wish I Knew / For All We Know /This Is All I Ask Vinyl 45 RPM US $9.75 Buy It Now 4 days
Jose James & Jef Neve - For All We Know [CD New] US $8.92 Buy It Now 4 days
Charlie Byrd For All We know LP Theme from Love Story guitar Original Vinyl US $3.77 [0 bids]
Esther Phillips-For All We Know-LP-With Beck-Kudu-KU 28-Vinyl Record US $3.77 [0 bids]
Esther Phillips with Joe Beck - for all we know - kudo 28 lp RVG US $3.24 [0 bids]
NICKI FRENCH For All We Know 1995 UK Import 4 Track CD Single US $2.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CARPENTERS For All We Know JAPAN 7" 1st Issue 1971 NM WAX AM-72 US $12.00 Buy It Now 4 days
ESTHER PHILLIPS W/ BECK "FOR ALL WE KNOW" KUDU KU-28 VG+ 1976 FUNK SOUL JAZZ US $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Carpenters We've only Just Begun / For All We Know NEW 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ESTHER PHILLIPS - FOR ALL WE KNOW 7" VINYL US $10.77 Buy It Now 5 days
8 By THE CARPENTERS ~ Yesterday Once More,For All We Know &Top Of The World ~NM US $2.75 [0 bids]

More places to buy FOR ALL WE KNOW music online Buy FOR ALL WE KNOW & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FOR ALL WE KNOW DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FOR ALL WE KNOW For All We Know ratings distribution

FOR ALL WE KNOW For All We Know reviews

Review by UMUR
4 stars "For All We Know" is the self-titled debut full-length studio album by multi-national progressive rock/ metal act For All We Know. The album was released by Shopping Records in April 2011. For All We Know is a project that, among others, features members and ex-members of Within Temptation and Pain of Salvation.

The music on the album is in the crossfield between progressive rock and progressive metal. The metal elements on the album are actually sparse, but there are occassionally some effective heavy riffing going on. While For All We Know are brilliant musicians, the music on the album is not dominated by technical playing but rather emphasize atmosphere and emotional delivery. The warm and professional production further enhances the pleasant listening experience.

Lead vocalist Wudstik has an emotional vocal delivery and a voice and vocal style that at times remind me of Daniel Gildenlöw from Pain of Salvation. The Pain of Salvation link is further strengthened by the fact that former Pain of Salvation bassist Kristoffer Gildenlöw plays the bass on the album. I´d mention acts like Steve Hogarth era-Marillion and maybe Nick D'Virgilio era-Spock´s Beard as references here too. There are occasionally female vocals on the album to support Wudstik and that works great for variation.

The tracks are mostly kept to the point with vers/chorus structures and memorable choruses. That´s the foundation that the tracks are build around, but from there For All We Know incorporate progressive details, that ensure the album never grows stale. The vocal lines (which are often backed by harmony vocals or choirs) and how they are performed is the central element in the band´s sound, but the instrumental backing is tasteful and colours each track with a suiting melancholic atmosphere. The band´s sound is a sum of many things that come together succesfully. "For All We Know" is a warm an organic sounding album which is in large part due to having two keyboard players in the lineup who handle hammond organ, Fender Rhodes and piano.

"For All We Know" is not an album for the progressive metal fan who craves technical playing and heavy riffs, but for those who enjoy the more emotional, mellow and reflective side of the progressive metal genre, the album should definitely score high. Personally I usually belong to the former catagory of progressive metal fans, but there´s something special about this album, that makes me return to the it again and again. It´s probably the pleasant and slightly melancholic atmosphere, the strong vocals and harmony vocals, the excellent production, the tasteful and clever songswriting or maybe the brilliant musicianship that have a significant impact on me. I can´t quite put my finger on it, but "For All We Know" just works well for me and a 3.5 - 4 star rating is deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#499651) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 08, 2011

Review by J-Man
5 stars Despite the unfortunate tendency for many progressive rock "supergroups" to pale in comparison to the individual members' day jobs, the debut effort from For All We Know offers a top-notch album from some of the business's finest musicians. A stunning observation that stands as one of the genre's finest offerings in the last decade-plus, this eye-opening effort should truly send shockwaves through progressive rock and metal fans worldwide. Although 2011 may be a bit of a slow year when it comes to strikingly original and unique progressive metal albums, this debut stands as a shining example that prog metal can still be done correctly over twenty-five years into its history. Did somebody say "masterpiece"?

Though this is essentially a side project from Within Temptation's Ruud Jolie, he recruits a star-studded cast consisting of Wudstik (Ayreon) on vocals, Kristoffer Gildenlöw (Dial, Pain of Salvation) on bass, Leo Margarit (Pain of Salvation) on drums, Thijs Schrijnemakers (Stereo) on Hammond organ, and Marco Kuypers (Cloudmachine) on piano and Rhodes. As if that's not an impressive enough lineup already, guest vocalists include Daniel Gildenlöw (Pain of Salvation), Sharon den Adel (Within Temptation), Damian Wilson (Threshold, Ayreon), Ruud Houweling (Cloudmachine), Anke Derks, and Tom Sikkers (Daybroke), and guest musicians John Wesley, Richie Faulkner, and Camilla van der Kooij also contribute. One glance at a list like that, and it's clear that For All We Know consists of brilliant musicians - and they certainly don't disappoint either. The musicianship, while never crossing the line into extremely technical territory, remains tasteful and impressive throughout the album's entire duration.

In spite of Ruud Jolie's symphonic metal background, the music here is a stark contrast to his work in Within Temptation. I'd describe For All We Know as a crossing point between Pain of Salvation, Hogarth-era Marillion, Porcupine Tree, Riverside, and Wolverine. That means you should expect mellow progressive metal that's focused heavily on atmosphere and melancholy, rather than technicality and heaviness. There are actually quite a few times where I'd hesitate in even calling For All We Know a metal album - some excellently placed heavy riffs reaffirm that this album is certainly prog metal, but many softer tracks like "Keep Breathing" and "Nothing More" make the album ride the border between prog rock and prog metal. The fresh, unique sound that Ruud Jolie successfully captures makes For All We Know stand out immediately in the fairly stagnant modern prog metal genre.

From a songwriting standpoint, For All We Know tremendously exceeds any of my preconceived expectations. Every song here is its own unique journey, each one standing terrifically on its own, yet even better when pieced together as a full experience. That is my key expectation when we're talking about musical masterpieces, and For All We Know offers some of the most stunning and emotional progressive metal compositions I've ever heard. I reckon it impossible to listen to a track like "Down On My Knees", "Open Your Eyes", or "Nothing More" without goosebumps running up your arms and legs. This is some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard played by some of the most passionate musicians in the industry... there's certainly not much more I could ask for.

In case I haven't praised For All We Know enough (which, trust me, I haven't), the warm and powerful production deserves a mention. Although extremely polished and modern, it maintains a highly clean and captivating sound that makes the album even more appealing. I can't think of any production that would better suit the music here.

I really don't think there's much else to say. For All We Know is a stunning album by a stunning group that I honest-to-god hope makes more albums before calling it quits. It'd be quite a shame to see such a fantastic project end after just one album. But even if that is the case, the band has graciously left us with one of the finest progressive metal albums ever created... and that's ultimately what matters most. This album holds a special place in my collection, and I'm sure it'll be cherished for many years to come. I would not let this essential masterpiece slip through your fingers, and anyone who enjoys progressive rock/metal should get this one in their CD player as soon as possible. In a place called "utopia" every album would be this moving, but as that is not the case, we must cherish the few truly outstanding albums that grace our ears - and For All We Know is surely one of them. Of course, 5 stars are the least I can give in this scenario. For All We Know may very well have claimed album of the year with their terrific debut.

Send comments to J-Man (BETA) | Report this review (#502760) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 13, 2011

Review by Conor Fynes
4 stars 'For All We Know' - For All We Know (8/10)

Supergroups have historically been known as a pretty double-edged sword. The artists involved are usually established , nd very good at what they do, and the thought of having such talent together is usually the answer to many listeners' dreams. The catch usually comes around by the time the music is released though; the music may be produced well or performed brilliantly, but the passion and inspiration usually shown with the artist's main work is lacking. To make this rant pertinent to the review of For All We Know's debut, this is a supergroup that breaks out of that preconception. Taking some of the best known artists in progressive metal and rock together under the one banner of this album, it is questionable as to whether this band will go anywhere else from here, but For All We Know stands as a great album of progressive metal that stands leagues above many of its peers.

Marketed as a collaboration between members of Within Temptation and Pain of Salvation, one could probably get some idea of what this might sound like if they are familiar with either of those acts. Although this project is led by Within Temptation guitarist Ruud Jolie however, the music here in fact sounds closer to Pain of Salvation than anything else, likely circa their 'Perfect Element' or 'Remedy Lane' days. Seeing as Pain of Salvation has since gone on to other things with their sound, it is very nice to hear this brand of melodic, dark, yet not power metal inclined progressive metal again. Both Kristoffer and Daniel Gildenlöw from Pain of Salvation are here, and while Daniel's distinctive and beautiful vocals only come in a couple of times in the album, they are a beautiful addition to the music here. The majority of the vocals however fall upon singer Wudstik, who I first heard guest starring on an Ayreon album. He has a warm voice that generally sticks to the comfortable mid range, but certain moments see him reaching for the higer notes, which he does very nicely. He has a great vibrato to his voice that compliments the more mellow moments that 'For All We Know' has to offer.

On top of those, Sharon Del Adel from Within Temptation does a vocal duet with Daniel Gildenlöw here that is a real treat, especially for a fan of both bands ('Keep Breathing'), and John Wesley of Porcupine Tree lays down a guitar solo here towards the end of the record. As supergroups go, the songwriting here is very nice; Ruud Jolie's songwriting is very melodic and often goes in a similar direction to that of Pain of Salvation, and while things are progressive here, each of these tracks sticks to the songwriting, there are no longer tracks to really sport the band's chemistry or ambition. The album's flow is not great, and 'For All We Know' instead feels like a collection of great songs rather than a flowing piece of singular music.

At the heart of all of these guest spots and flashy production though, there is strong songwriting, and this is what makes For All We Know a great project. I can only hope that there is a second album to come along after this, because this has been one of the strongest debuts I have heard this year.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#503139) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 14, 2011

Post a review of FOR ALL WE KNOW "For All We Know"