FOR ALL WE KNOW

For All We Know For All We Know album cover

Buy FOR ALL WE KNOW Music
Studio Album, released in 2011

1. . Blind Me (4:09)
2. Busy Being Somebody Else (5:30)
3. Out Of Reach (6:02)
4. When Angels Refuse To Fly (5:42)
5. I Lost Myself Today (4:32)
6. Keep Breathing (1:56)
7. Down On My Knees (9:02)
8. Save Us... (3:48)
9. Embrace/Erase/Replace/Embrace (2:52)
10. Tired And Ashamed (5:27)
11. Open Your Eyes (5:20)
12. Nothing More (4:09)

Total time 58:29

- Jermain Van Der Bogt / vocals
- Ruud Jolie / electric & acoustic guitars, mandolin, bass, backing vocals , composer, arranger & producer
- Thijs Schrijnemakers / Hammond
- Marco Kuypers / Rhodes, piano, harmonium
- Kristoffer Gildenl÷w / fretless bass, backing vocals
- Leo Margarit / drums

With:
- John Wesley / lead guitar (5)
- Richie Faulkner / lead guitar (2)
- Camilla van der Kooij / violin
- Daniel Gildenlöw / vocals (6)
- Sharon den Adel / vocals (6)
- Damian Wilson / vocals (6)
- Ruud Houweling / vocals (6)
- Anke Derks / vocals (6)
- Tom Sikkers / vocals (6)

Artwork: Ana Correal

CD self-released (2011, Netherlands)

FLAC download - bandcamp.com

Thanks to UMUR for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy FOR ALL WE KNOW For All We Know Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Take Me HomeTake Me Home
Bertus 2017
$18.19
We're About to ChangeWe're About to Change
567 Records 2008
$5.95

THE CARPENTERS 45s FOR ALL WE KNOW/ RAINY DAYS & MONDAYS A&M 1260 & 1243/ 1971 USD $1.50 [0 bids]
USD $2.50 Buy It Now
Esther Phillips with Beck For All We Know LP 33 R&B Soul Album EX Stereo 1979 USD $7.50 Buy It Now
DINAH WASHINGTON "FOR ALL WE KNOW / I WOULDN'T KNOW" 45 USD $6.75 Buy It Now
CARPENTERS 45 rpm For All We Know / Don't Be Afraid w/ Original Sleeve USD $2.45 Buy It Now
ESTER PHILLIPS - FOR ALL WE KNOW JAPAN 1st press LP w/POSTER, obi KUDU GP-3049 USD $24.00 Buy It Now
SONNY TIL'S ORIOLES-FOR ALL WE KNOW/NEVER LEAVE ME BABY-VEE JAY PROMO DOO WOP USD $21.00 Buy It Now 7h 37m
The CASLONS doo-wop strong VG cond. Amy 45 For All We Know ~Settle Me Down d1108 USD $16.00 Buy It Now 7h 44m
For All We Know LP Vinyl (Frank Porretta - 1971) ABCS 722 (ID:14961) USD $10.00 Buy It Now 8h 7m
For All We Know (AndrÚ Kostelanetz And His Orchestra) C 30672 (ID:14948) USD $10.00 Buy It Now 8h 7m
NICKI FRENCH - For All We Know (CD Sgl. 1995) USD $3.99 Buy It Now 9h 31m
Vinyl Record 7" SHIRLEY BASSEY FOR ALL WE KNOW (E) USD $3.15 [0 bids]
THE CARPENTERS 45 RPM - "For All We Know" "Don't Be Afraid" VG+ Condition USD $1.95 Buy It Now 9h 35m
THE CARPENTERS 45 RPM - "For All We Know" "Don't Be Afraid" VG- Condition USD $1.00 Buy It Now 9h 41m
Charlie Byrd For All We know LP Theme from Love Story Guitar Original Vinyl VG+ USD $4.65 Buy It Now 10h 45m
NAO-For All We Know CD NEW USD $9.42 Buy It Now 12h 4m
NAO-For All We Know CD NEW USD $10.83 Buy It Now 12h 9m
The Carpenters 45 RPM with Picture Sleeve For All We Know & Don't Be Afraid USD $7.99 Buy It Now 13h 8m
Carpenters - For All We Know / Don't Be Afraid w/ Photo Sleeve - 45 Vinyl Record USD $4.99 Buy It Now 13h 15m
ESTHER PHILLIPS-FOR ALL WE KNOW -JAPAN Blu-spec CD B63 USD $13.99 Buy It Now 19h 8m
JEAN FRYE SIDWELL - For All We Know - CD - **Mint Condition** USD $27.95 Buy It Now 20h 21m
For All We Know By Shirley Bassey 7" Vinyl Single USD $1.25 [0 bids]
BOB COOPER - FOR ALL WE KNOW NEW CD USD $22.64 Buy It Now 22h 45m
Vintage Sheet Music "FOR ALL WE KNOW." - from an early 1940s 'News of the World' USD $3.80 [0 bids]
FOR ALL WE KNOW Take Me Home + 1 JAPAN CD The Gathering Within Temptation Pain O USD $24.50 Buy It Now 1 day
sntrck FOR ALL WE KNOW + OTHER ACADEMY AWARD WINNERS LP USD $7.98 Buy It Now 1 day
1950S VG+ RARE Walter Schumann Whoo-Ee Loo-Ee-Siana/FOR ALL WE KNOW F1593 45 USD $2.96 Buy It Now 1 day
70's Soul -ESTHER PHILLIPS 45-"FEVER / FOR ALL WE KNOW" Kudu 929 EX 1976 7" USD $2.79 Buy It Now 1 day
LP - VIKKI CARR Love Story: For All We Know, C-30662, original shrinkwrap USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ESTHER PHILLIPS W/BECK For All We Know KUDU NM/NM- USD $13.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Earl Bostic promo 45 For All We Know bw Beyond The Blue Horizon on King USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Stan Tracey Trio - For All We Know [CD] USD $15.49 Buy It Now 1 day
SPINNERS SWEET THING/FOR ALL WE KNOW 45RPM VINYL USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PRIMO SCALA'S ACCORDEON BAND LOVE IN BLOOM & FOR ALL WE KNOW REX 8316 USD $3.16 Buy It Now 1 day
Frank Porretta - For All We Know/Fill the World 45 Promo (ABC) w/sleeve VG+/NM USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CHARLIE BYRD For All We Know COLUMIA Stereo VG++/NM- 2LP USD $9.82 Buy It Now 1 day
ABBOTT - For All We Know - CD - **BRAND NEW/STILL SEALED** USD $35.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Esther Phillips For All We Know LP EX/NM on Kudu with Joe Beck USD $3.50 Buy It Now 1 day
EARL BOSTIC-For All We Know+Beyond-Unplayed Mint R&B Jazz 78-KING #4829 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Vintage FOR ALL WE KNOW words MUSIC SHEET SHIRLEY BASSEY 1971 USD $6.32 Buy It Now 1 day
CLASSIC R & B-SONNY TIL-FOR ALL WE KNOW/FOOL'S WORLD-JUBILEE 5066-RED WAX USD $50.00 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY ALAMO: For All We Know / Fabulous 45 Vocalists USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE CARPENTERS 45 RPM - "We've Only Just Begun" & "For All We Know" VG++ USD $2.50 Buy It Now 1 day
THE CARPENTERS 45 RPM - "We've Only Just Begun" & "For All We Know" VG USD $2.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SHIRLEY BASSEY 7" FOR ALL WE KNOW / WHAT'S DONE IS DONE - UNITED ARTISTS UP35267 USD $0.62 [0 bids]
SHIRLEY BASSEY...FOR ALL WE KNOW - - 1971 Australian 7" 45 USD $8.66 Buy It Now 1 day
SHIRLEY BASSEY 'FOR ALL WE KNOW' UK 7" SINGLE #2 USD $1.25 Buy It Now 1 day
SHIRLEY BASSEY 'FOR ALL WE KNOW' UK 7" SINGLE USD $1.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Vikki Car;s Love Story Ft. For All We Know - CBS 64425 Ex+ Condition A1/B1 USD $11.90 Buy It Now 2 days
CHARLIE BYRD ,FOR ALL WE KNOW ,THEME FROM LOVE STORY ,DOUBLE VINYL RECORD USD $10.31 [0 bids]
Norma Lewis - For All We Know (Vinyl) USD $17.08 Buy It Now 2 days
SHIRLEY BASSEY Original 1971 Song Sheet Music FOR ALL WE KNOW USD $3.79 Buy It Now 2 days
Esther Phillips: For All We Know / Fever 45 - Soul USD $3.75 Buy It Now 2 days
Shirley Bassey - For All We Know UP 35267 7" Single * 3 for 1 On Postage * USD $1.25 Buy It Now 2 days
Vintage Carpenters Don't Be Afraid For All We Know Lovers and Other Movie Record USD $8.44 Buy It Now 2 days
NAO - FOR ALL WE KNOW USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $8.01 Buy It Now 2 days
4x LP VIKKI CARR First Time I Ever, For All We Know, Ms America, It Must Be Him USD $16.99 Buy It Now 2 days
NAO - FOR ALL WE KNOW NEW CD USD $10.82 Buy It Now 2 days
PRIMO SCALA - Love In Bloom / For All We Know 78 rpm disc (A+) USD $3.79 Buy It Now 2 days
SIGNED - GEORGE STARDUST GREEN - FOR ALL WE KNOW - LIVE HUDDLE LOUNGE VG/G+ M USD $12.65 [0 bids]
SONNY TIL'S ORIOLES 45 Never Leave Me Baby /For All We Know VEEJAY REPRO bb3443 USD $16.00 Buy It Now 2 days
CARPENTERS 45 For All We Know/Don't Be Afraid A&M pop NM d1449 USD $13.00 Buy It Now 2 days
CARPENTERS "For all we know/Dont be afraid"7"45rpm Vinyl USD $2.72 Buy It Now 2 days
CHARLIE BYRD "For All We Know" G30622 Vinyl 2-LPs 33 Jazz Album VG+ Stereo 1971 USD $9.25 Buy It Now 2 days
For All We Know Were About To Change 5 Track Music Audio Album CD Collection USD $11.88 Buy It Now 2 days
LOT of 3 CARPENTERS 45s w/PIC sleeves: Top of the World/For All We Know/Goodbye USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Sealed Frank Porretta for all we know, record / vinyl USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Esther Phillips 45 Fever For All We Know 1976 Soul Jazz w Joe Beck Mint- Beauty USD $6.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE CARPENTERS NEW ZEALAND 2 X 7" EP 45 NZ 1972 CLOSE TO YOU FOR ALL WE KNOW USD $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Carpenters - For All We Know / Don't Be Afraid - 7" Vinyl 45 Record, Carpenters, USD $20.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Esther Phillips With Beck " For All We Know " [ Factory Sealed ] no bar code USD $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Jose James & Jef Neve-For All We Know (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $7.37 Buy It Now 3 days
Jose James & Jef Neve-For All We Know (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $8.76 Buy It Now 3 days
For All We Know - Nao Free Shipping! USD $30.07 Buy It Now 3 days
VG++ 1976 Esther Phillips With Beck For All We Know LP Album USD $4.99 [0 bids]
THE FLAMINGOS, FOR ALL WE KNOW, END#1116, 45 RECORD, 1962 USD $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
33 RPM LP Record Vikki Carr's Love Story For All We Know Columbia Records C30662 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SOUL 45 RPM - ESTHER PHILLIPS - KUDO 929 - "FOR ALL WE KNOW" + "FEVER" USD $7.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Esther Phillips For All We Know USD $1.95 [0 bids]
Shirley Bassey . For All We Know . United Artists UP35267 7" Vinyl 45 USD $1.25 [0 bids]
We're About to Change [EP] * by For All We Know (CD, Oct-2008, 567 Records) USD $2.00 Buy It Now 3 days
For All We Know [LP] by Nao. USD $44.73 Buy It Now 3 days
Esther Phillips with Joe Beck - For All We Know LP kuda SEALED creed taylor USD $6.00 Buy It Now 3 days
FOR ALL WE KNOW-TAKE ME HOME -DIGI- CD NEW USD $16.97 Buy It Now 3 days
Andre Kostelanetz For All We Know 1971 IN SHRINK 1st PRESS LP EX/NM Jacket NM USD $15.95 Buy It Now 3 days
NAT KING COLE yes sir that's my baby/for all we know/if i had u/ used to love 45 USD $3.49 Buy It Now 3 days
For All We Know and other Academy Award Winners RCA VA Art Mooney Marty Gold USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Dexter Gordon : For All We Know CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Shirley Bassey For All We Know 7" United Artists UP35267 EX 1970s For All We Kno USD $8.22 Buy It Now 4 days
Cooper, Bob - For All We Know [Spanish Import] - Cooper, Bob CD Z5VG The Fast USD $14.54 Buy It Now 4 days
For All We Know by James Jose & Jef Nev. USD $26.47 Buy It Now 4 days
Norma Lewis For All We Know 12" ERC ERCL111 EX 1984 12 inch, For All We Know/For USD $12.66 Buy It Now 4 days
Carpenters "For All We Know" Classic Hit A&M Oz 7" USD $2.72 Buy It Now 4 days
78rpm PRIMO SCALA ACCORDEON BAND love in bloom / for all we know 8316 USD $12.66 Buy It Now 4 days
NICKI FRENCH - FOR ALL WE KNOW - UK CD SINGLE USD $2.52 Buy It Now 4 days
FLAMINGOS, "For All We Know" / "That's Why I Love You" NEW 45rpm USD $4.98 Buy It Now 4 days
BARBRA STREISAND FOR ALL WE KNOW CD 1992 COL CSK 4507 DJ COPY RARE SEALED USD $74.99 Buy It Now 4 days
SHIRLEY BASSEY FOR ALL WE KNOW OG 1971 UK UNITED ARTISTS 7" 45 UP 35267 USD $3.15 [0 bids]
THE CARPENTERS (1971) Self-Titled A&M LP w/Superstar/For All We Know.... USD $6.64 Buy It Now 4 days
FRANK PORRETTA~ FOR ALL WE KNOW~ NEAR MINT~ PROMO~ FILL THE WORLD WITH ~ POP 45 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy FOR ALL WE KNOW music online Buy FOR ALL WE KNOW & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

FOR ALL WE KNOW For All We Know ratings distribution

FOR ALL WE KNOW For All We Know reviews

Review by UMUR
4 stars "For All We Know" is the self-titled debut full-length studio album by multi-national progressive rock/ metal act For All We Know. The album was released by Shopping Records in April 2011. For All We Know is a project that, among others, features members and ex-members of Within Temptation and Pain of Salvation.

The music on the album is in the crossfield between progressive rock and progressive metal. The metal elements on the album are actually sparse, but there are occassionally some effective heavy riffing going on. While For All We Know are brilliant musicians, the music on the album is not dominated by technical playing but rather emphasize atmosphere and emotional delivery. The warm and professional production further enhances the pleasant listening experience.

Lead vocalist Wudstik has an emotional vocal delivery and a voice and vocal style that at times remind me of Daniel Gildenl÷w from Pain of Salvation. The Pain of Salvation link is further strengthened by the fact that former Pain of Salvation bassist Kristoffer Gildenl÷w plays the bass on the album. I┤d mention acts like Steve Hogarth era-Marillion and maybe Nick D'Virgilio era-Spock┤s Beard as references here too. There are occasionally female vocals on the album to support Wudstik and that works great for variation.

The tracks are mostly kept to the point with vers/chorus structures and memorable choruses. That┤s the foundation that the tracks are build around, but from there For All We Know incorporate progressive details, that ensure the album never grows stale. The vocal lines (which are often backed by harmony vocals or choirs) and how they are performed is the central element in the band┤s sound, but the instrumental backing is tasteful and colours each track with a suiting melancholic atmosphere. The band┤s sound is a sum of many things that come together succesfully. "For All We Know" is a warm an organic sounding album which is in large part due to having two keyboard players in the lineup who handle hammond organ, Fender Rhodes and piano.

"For All We Know" is not an album for the progressive metal fan who craves technical playing and heavy riffs, but for those who enjoy the more emotional, mellow and reflective side of the progressive metal genre, the album should definitely score high. Personally I usually belong to the former catagory of progressive metal fans, but there┤s something special about this album, that makes me return to the it again and again. It┤s probably the pleasant and slightly melancholic atmosphere, the strong vocals and harmony vocals, the excellent production, the tasteful and clever songswriting or maybe the brilliant musicianship that have a significant impact on me. I can┤t quite put my finger on it, but "For All We Know" just works well for me and a 3.5 - 4 star rating is deserved.

Review by J-Man
5 stars Despite the unfortunate tendency for many progressive rock "supergroups" to pale in comparison to the individual members' day jobs, the debut effort from For All We Know offers a top-notch album from some of the business's finest musicians. A stunning observation that stands as one of the genre's finest offerings in the last decade-plus, this eye-opening effort should truly send shockwaves through progressive rock and metal fans worldwide. Although 2011 may be a bit of a slow year when it comes to strikingly original and unique progressive metal albums, this debut stands as a shining example that prog metal can still be done correctly over twenty-five years into its history. Did somebody say "masterpiece"?

Though this is essentially a side project from Within Temptation's Ruud Jolie, he recruits a star-studded cast consisting of Wudstik (Ayreon) on vocals, Kristoffer Gildenl÷w (Dial, Pain of Salvation) on bass, Leo Margarit (Pain of Salvation) on drums, Thijs Schrijnemakers (Stereo) on Hammond organ, and Marco Kuypers (Cloudmachine) on piano and Rhodes. As if that's not an impressive enough lineup already, guest vocalists include Daniel Gildenl÷w (Pain of Salvation), Sharon den Adel (Within Temptation), Damian Wilson (Threshold, Ayreon), Ruud Houweling (Cloudmachine), Anke Derks, and Tom Sikkers (Daybroke), and guest musicians John Wesley, Richie Faulkner, and Camilla van der Kooij also contribute. One glance at a list like that, and it's clear that For All We Know consists of brilliant musicians - and they certainly don't disappoint either. The musicianship, while never crossing the line into extremely technical territory, remains tasteful and impressive throughout the album's entire duration.

In spite of Ruud Jolie's symphonic metal background, the music here is a stark contrast to his work in Within Temptation. I'd describe For All We Know as a crossing point between Pain of Salvation, Hogarth-era Marillion, Porcupine Tree, Riverside, and Wolverine. That means you should expect mellow progressive metal that's focused heavily on atmosphere and melancholy, rather than technicality and heaviness. There are actually quite a few times where I'd hesitate in even calling For All We Know a metal album - some excellently placed heavy riffs reaffirm that this album is certainly prog metal, but many softer tracks like "Keep Breathing" and "Nothing More" make the album ride the border between prog rock and prog metal. The fresh, unique sound that Ruud Jolie successfully captures makes For All We Know stand out immediately in the fairly stagnant modern prog metal genre.

From a songwriting standpoint, For All We Know tremendously exceeds any of my preconceived expectations. Every song here is its own unique journey, each one standing terrifically on its own, yet even better when pieced together as a full experience. That is my key expectation when we're talking about musical masterpieces, and For All We Know offers some of the most stunning and emotional progressive metal compositions I've ever heard. I reckon it impossible to listen to a track like "Down On My Knees", "Open Your Eyes", or "Nothing More" without goosebumps running up your arms and legs. This is some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard played by some of the most passionate musicians in the industry... there's certainly not much more I could ask for.

In case I haven't praised For All We Know enough (which, trust me, I haven't), the warm and powerful production deserves a mention. Although extremely polished and modern, it maintains a highly clean and captivating sound that makes the album even more appealing. I can't think of any production that would better suit the music here.

I really don't think there's much else to say. For All We Know is a stunning album by a stunning group that I honest-to-god hope makes more albums before calling it quits. It'd be quite a shame to see such a fantastic project end after just one album. But even if that is the case, the band has graciously left us with one of the finest progressive metal albums ever created... and that's ultimately what matters most. This album holds a special place in my collection, and I'm sure it'll be cherished for many years to come. I would not let this essential masterpiece slip through your fingers, and anyone who enjoys progressive rock/metal should get this one in their CD player as soon as possible. In a place called "utopia" every album would be this moving, but as that is not the case, we must cherish the few truly outstanding albums that grace our ears - and For All We Know is surely one of them. Of course, 5 stars are the least I can give in this scenario. For All We Know may very well have claimed album of the year with their terrific debut.

Review by Conor Fynes
4 stars 'For All We Know' - For All We Know (8/10)

Supergroups have historically been known as a pretty double-edged sword. The artists involved are usually established , nd very good at what they do, and the thought of having such talent together is usually the answer to many listeners' dreams. The catch usually comes around by the time the music is released though; the music may be produced well or performed brilliantly, but the passion and inspiration usually shown with the artist's main work is lacking. To make this rant pertinent to the review of For All We Know's debut, this is a supergroup that breaks out of that preconception. Taking some of the best known artists in progressive metal and rock together under the one banner of this album, it is questionable as to whether this band will go anywhere else from here, but For All We Know stands as a great album of progressive metal that stands leagues above many of its peers.

Marketed as a collaboration between members of Within Temptation and Pain of Salvation, one could probably get some idea of what this might sound like if they are familiar with either of those acts. Although this project is led by Within Temptation guitarist Ruud Jolie however, the music here in fact sounds closer to Pain of Salvation than anything else, likely circa their 'Perfect Element' or 'Remedy Lane' days. Seeing as Pain of Salvation has since gone on to other things with their sound, it is very nice to hear this brand of melodic, dark, yet not power metal inclined progressive metal again. Both Kristoffer and Daniel Gildenl÷w from Pain of Salvation are here, and while Daniel's distinctive and beautiful vocals only come in a couple of times in the album, they are a beautiful addition to the music here. The majority of the vocals however fall upon singer Wudstik, who I first heard guest starring on an Ayreon album. He has a warm voice that generally sticks to the comfortable mid range, but certain moments see him reaching for the higer notes, which he does very nicely. He has a great vibrato to his voice that compliments the more mellow moments that 'For All We Know' has to offer.

On top of those, Sharon Del Adel from Within Temptation does a vocal duet with Daniel Gildenl÷w here that is a real treat, especially for a fan of both bands ('Keep Breathing'), and John Wesley of Porcupine Tree lays down a guitar solo here towards the end of the record. As supergroups go, the songwriting here is very nice; Ruud Jolie's songwriting is very melodic and often goes in a similar direction to that of Pain of Salvation, and while things are progressive here, each of these tracks sticks to the songwriting, there are no longer tracks to really sport the band's chemistry or ambition. The album's flow is not great, and 'For All We Know' instead feels like a collection of great songs rather than a flowing piece of singular music.

At the heart of all of these guest spots and flashy production though, there is strong songwriting, and this is what makes For All We Know a great project. I can only hope that there is a second album to come along after this, because this has been one of the strongest debuts I have heard this year.

Post a review of FOR ALL WE KNOW "For All We Know"