THE DRONE COLLECTIVE

2. [Part 1] Gone in a Heartbeat, Panic All you Like
3. Sir, I Had No Need For That Hypothesis
4. Where Are You? I'm Trying to Give Up Ghosts
5. [Part 2] We Would Still Need Reason In Heaven
6. Those Are My Bombs You're Talking About!
7. Burrowing Down to the Rabbithole, just Legally
8. Perched on Swinging Cliffs and Trying Not to Look Down
9. Everybody is a Paragon, What Could Possibly Go Wrong?
10. [Part 3] You Do Know you Could've Been Deleted.

Running Time: 60 minutes

Search 6LA8 The Drone Collective lyrics

Search 6LA8 The Drone Collective tabs

- Omer Asim & Taimur Mazhar Sheikh / all instruments, electronics and effects

6LA8 MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Peel The Moderate Picture, 2010

Buy 6LA8 The Drone Collective Music

More places to buy 6LA8 music online Buy 6LA8 & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for 6LA8 DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

6LA8 The Drone Collective ratings distribution

6LA8 The Drone Collective reviews

Review by The Truth
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
4 stars This album came out immediately after I had gotten into 6LA8 and it peaked my interest to a humongous level because of how dense this album was. Sure, the previous ones were to but something in this record just real gave this feeling of mechanical density that's altogether strange yet absolutely appealing.

Did that make any sense? If it did, you probably want to try it out. If it didn't you should try it to learn what I'm rambling about.

The Drone Collective is exactly what it's title explains, a collective of drone pieces that work together into ambient/electronic post rock brilliance. Several downright excellent tracks are on this record such as "Sir, I Had No Need For That Hypothesis", "Everybody's a Paragon, What Could Possibly Go Wrong?" and "You Do Know You Could've Been Deleted". But honestly, there isn't a weak track, just good ones and brilliant ones.

This is an excellent starting point for this band that undoubtedly needs to be checked out.

4 solid stars.

Send comments to The Truth (BETA) | Report this review (#573327) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Review by colorofmoney91
3 stars On The Drone Collective 6LA8 allow their sound get deeper and grittier. Sticking to their usual sound, this album is equal parts post-rock and various electronic forms.

Compared to some of 6LA8's other albums, the reverb is a bit higher here and so is the western influence. Some of these tracks, especially the opener "Our Undivided Attention To Matters of Divine Importance" have a guitar tone that sounds a lot like Earth on their Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light series. It's an okay song that gets much more interesting as it builds its spacey phasing electronic background, but the spoken word sample is rather distracting and seems to serve no other purpose except to annoy. Fortunately, this marks the end of spoken word usage on this album

The Drone Collective is an album of relative diversity for 6LA8. "Sir, I Had No Need For That Hypothesis" dives headfirst into Neurosis' post-metal territory and "Those Are My Bombs You're Talking About!" is a fast-paced track with echoed percussion and fuzzy guitar that is similar to a lot of indie post-punk and early goth bands, except with no vocals. Besides the varying genres of this album, the production sounds much deeper and cavernous.

There are still the cliche post-rock tracks and the dance-inspired electronic rock songs. "Everybody is a Paragon, What Could Possibly Go Wrong?", though it sounds like a song that would be made for a car commercial, is an enjoyable foray into the more danceable sound of the most accessible Nine Inch Nails selections. The album ends on a high point, "You Do Know You Could've Been Deleted.", which is dreamy yet industrial droning with distant cosmic glimmers that sounds like a mix between Maurizio Bianchi and Hydrus.

Like most of 6LA8's work, The Drone Collective is mostly suitable for fans of post-rock who enjoy some electronic spice, but from all that I've heard of this group I'd have to say that this is one of their most pleasant sounding and interesting albums. Even if there are some cliche moments or moments that exist only to burden, there is plenty for fans of relaxing music to enjoy.

Send comments to colorofmoney91 (BETA) | Report this review (#634289) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Post a review of 6LA8 "The Drone Collective"