POURQUOI ES-TU SI MÉCHANT?

Super Freego

Zeuhl

Super Freego Pourquoi Es-Tu Si Méchant? album cover

Buy SUPER FREEGO Music
Studio Album, released in 1982

1.Yekto Le Kreutre (3:40)
2. Il Y A (4:26)
3. Tu Peux Crever (4:14)
4. M'en Fous (3:30)
5. Dommage Tu Avais L'age (3:52)
6. A La Folie (3:52)
7. Rock II (5:16)
8. Tentative De Courgettes (2:54)
9. Pourquoi Es-Tu Si Méchant? (4:14)

Search SUPER FREEGO Pourquoi Es-Tu Si Méchant? lyrics

Search SUPER FREEGO Pourquoi Es-Tu Si Méchant? tabs

- Karaki / bass, voices
- Hervé Dupon / guitars, keyboards
- M. Skolarczyk / voices
- Rockez Melendy / drums, percussion
- Max de Pol / guitars

LP RCA PL37657 (1982)

SUPER FREEGO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SUPER FREEGO Pourquoi Es-Tu Si Méchant? Music

More places to buy SUPER FREEGO music online Buy SUPER FREEGO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

SUPER FREEGO Pourquoi Es-Tu Si Méchant? ratings distribution

SUPER FREEGO Pourquoi Es-Tu Si Méchant? reviews

3 stars I'm not too surprised that there's no written reviews for this one as it is quite rare. Released back in 1982 this particular album was advertised as a Zeuhl/ New Wave cross and that's a pretty good description. I took the plunge because I am a fan of both, especially Zeuhl so I was intrigued to say the least. SUPER FREEGO were a French band with male and female vocals which are shared quite evenly and often singing together. The biggest surprise for me was seeing that the Guillard brothers are both on here playing sax and trumpet respectively. They certainly give this some authenticity in Zeuhl circles as these two guys played with MAGMA and were part of WEIDORJE as well.

The music is often hyper which I have never liked. It's why I have had trouble getting into some of the Avant and Zeuhl bands from Japan who like to go a million miles an hour, just not my scene. Anyway it's mostly the vocals that turn me off especially when they turn theatrical and they are often the focus. Now having said that the instrumental work is faultless. Man the bass player kills on here as well as the drummer. Some inventive guitar playing here as well but as I said earlier it's hard to get past the vocals at times. It's catchy and uptempo with vocals in French.

Keep in mind this is rated fairly highly by a lot of music fans who know a lot more about music than I do, but all I know is that it doesn't suit my tastes more often than not despite being impressed many, many times throughout this 35 plus minutes of music. I just get irritated with the frenzied vocals and sound at times. And on a final note the album art is just plain bad in my opinion. Glad I got to finally spin this though.

Post a review of SUPER FREEGO "Pourquoi Es-Tu Si Méchant?"