BLACK AND WHITE

Lee Abraham

Lee Abraham Black and White album cover

Buy LEE ABRAHAM Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. And Speaking of Which... (2:32)
2. Face the Crowd (6:24)
3. The Mirror (8:25)
4. Celebrity Status (5:21)
5. Black (14:27)

- Sean Filkins / vocals
- Simon Nixon / guitars
- Dean Baker / piano
- Gerald Mulligan / drums

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

LEE ABRAHAM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LEE ABRAHAM Black and White Music

Distant DaysDistant Days
Imports 2014
Black & WhiteBlack & White
View From The BridgeView From The Bridge
Edge Of Life Records

More places to buy LEE ABRAHAM music online Buy LEE ABRAHAM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LEE ABRAHAM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LEE ABRAHAM Black and White ratings distribution

LEE ABRAHAM Black and White reviews

Review by progrules
4 stars Former Galahad bass player Lee Abraham is already in business solo for quite some time now but with his latest he has managed to produce something special. Not aware of his earlier material I'm contemplating to explore that as well...

Starting with the intro track Speaking of Which Lee put us on the wrong foot one might say. Sounding symphonic and rather tame it suddenly turns really rough with first real song Face the Crowd. This proves we could put mr.Abaraham in the heavy prog subgenre just as well. On the other hand the music sounds pretty accessible which warrants the crossover choice very much in fact. After several minutes the song calms down and the acoustic guitar shows us we're dealing with more than one style for sure, even within one song. After a few seconds the song explodes again to return in the original fashion. Next up is The Mirror, by far my favorite track and one that has managed to climb up my personal all time stand outs. So that indicates Abraham is obviously pretty much my cup of tea. And it's remarkable this third track is the clear winner knowing I'm an epic devotee and the last two tracks are two very long songs and also very good epics which means The Mirror has to be truly outstanding to beat those two. And so it is. It's a very good composition and has a great build up saving the best for last with a blistering guitar solo blowing my mind completely. I hope he will make more of these in the future.

The accompaning band of Lee Abraham features prog heroes like Gary Chandler (Jadis), John Mitchell (Arena, Frost* a.o.) Steve Thorne and Sean Filkins (Big Big Train a.o.) and fourth track Celebtrity Status is well lifted by Gary thanks to his great singing skills. The mentioned two epics finish the album off in superb style simply bringing me to one possible conclusion: Black and White is a great album, truly excellent in my book without doubt. The only slight warning I can think of is towards those who can only embrace the real progressive artists and albums. Lee Abraham is only semi-prog and therefore rightly placed in the crossover genre. This album is a mix of neo prog and heavy prog mostly and thus recommended to fans of those subgenres. Four stars is my verdict.

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#773521) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Post a review of LEE ABRAHAM "Black and White"