40TH ANNIVERSARY REUNION CONCERT (HIGH VOLTAGE FESTIVAL 2010)

Emerson Lake & Palmer

Emerson Lake & Palmer 40th Anniversary Reunion Concert (High Voltage Festival 2010) album cover

Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Music

- Interviews with managers, Rock music journalist, tour manager and
archivist.
- Brand new interviews by Rock DJ, Nicky Horne, with Keith
Emerson, Greg Lake and Carl Palmer

Search EMERSON LAKE & PALMER 40th Anniversary Reunion Concert (High Voltage Festival 2010) lyrics

Search EMERSON LAKE & PALMER 40th Anniversary Reunion Concert (High Voltage Festival 2010) tabs

- Keith Emerson / keyboards
- Greg Lake / vocals, bass, acoustic guitar
- Carl Palmer / drums, percussion

Recorded at High Voltage Festival, Victoria Park, London, 25 July 2010

DVD Concert One (2011)
BluRay Concert One (2011)

Thanks to NotAProghead for the addition

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER 40th Anniversary Reunion Concert (High Voltage Festival 2010) Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Trilogy (Deluxe Edition)Trilogy (Deluxe Edition)
Razor & Tie 2015
Tarkus (Deluxe Edition) (2 CD Set)Tarkus (Deluxe Edition) (2 CD Set)
Razor & Tie 2013
Come & See the Show: Best of Emerson Lake PalmerCome & See the Show: Best of Emerson Lake Palmer
Razor & Tie 2012
Welcome Back My FriendsWelcome Back My Friends
Import · Remastered
Live At Nassau Coliseum '78 [2 CD]Live At Nassau Coliseum '78 [2 CD]
Shout Factory 2011

More places to buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER music online Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for EMERSON LAKE & PALMER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER 40th Anniversary Reunion Concert (High Voltage Festival 2010) ratings distribution

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER 40th Anniversary Reunion Concert (High Voltage Festival 2010) reviews

Review by rdtprog
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Heavy Prog Team
4 stars A reunion concert for one of the most popular symphonic prog bands is always a important event. The band hasn't played together for 12 years, but each members have played ELP's songs in their own solo concerts. The band was offer to play this festival and they couldn't say no despite having only five days of reherseal in a outdoor environment that is not the best for them.

Having the Blu-Ray Version, i was first impress by the clarity of the colors and the details as expected for a Blu-Ray. But to my disappointment, the sound was low and consist only of a single audio 5.1 track, not a DTS HD surround sound. Fortunately, the sound of each instrument was clear enough when you put the volume up. I didn't expect the band to play like they did at their best in the 70's, but to give a good performance by playing some of their best songs. I really enjoyed listening again to "The Barbarian" and "Knife Edge". They also played their long tracks; "Tarkus", "Pictures at An Exhibition". The musicians had some technicals problems with their equipements, but nothing too distract from the overall performance. Greg Lake still got a good voice despite is age, and Carl Palmer is still the same great performer.

The concert is rather short, because the band had time restrictions, but i was glad to see this band back to bring some good memories. On the Blu-Ray there is also 30 minutes interviews with each members. The most interesting comments were coming from Greg Lake, when he was feeling some regrets about the band's turn to orchestra in the late 70's.

4 stars

Review by memowakeman
4 stars This is one of those purchases I did without thinking about it, because I went to my local music store in order to buy some CDs, but then I was lurking at a cheap DVD section and found this gem there, so without hesitating, I got it. Emerson, Lake & Palmer need no introduction, so imagine the importance of a reunion concert after several years of silence, which also marked their 40th anniversary. People who managed to attend surely had a great and memorable night.

This DVD shows a short but wonderful performance of symphonic rock icons that were invited to the 2010īs edition of High Voltage Festival. Fortunately, it became a DVD so we can feel part of that anniversary and delight ourselves with this show. Evidently, 40 years are a lot of years, so it is not strange to find Greg Lake's voice a bit weaker than in the golden years, it sounds like tired, though still great. Palmer's energy and skills are amazing, but in moments a bit slow; who still impresses me was Keith Emerson who still plays like a God, fast, accurate and emotional.

Visually the DVD is great, not superb but they did a great production work; but musically wow, I would have loved to see this band in concert, but when they came to my city I was a little kid. Well, I loved how they opened the show with "Karn Evil 9: 1st Impression ? Part 2" so the first words Lake and crowd pronounced were "welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends?" you know what's next.

ELP took us to the past, to their most precious moments, to the pinnacle of progressive rock where this trio used to eat the world with amazing compositions and virtuoso performances. So sit down, feel comfortable and enjoy the show. You will find some classic tracks such as "The Barbarian", Knife Edge" or "From the Beginning", but also, they dared to play long memorable epics like "Tarkus" and "Pictures at an Exhibition", including an Emerson piano solo, so when you watch it you can only smile and feel mesmerized.

One hour and a half is the concert's length, whose last song is "Fanfare for the Common Man" which include a powerful drums solo but a noticeable happy Carl Palmer. This was a delight, I enjoyed a lot when a watched it and imagine myself witnessing a show this great. If you like ELP, then you will love this commemorative DVD.

Enjoy it!

5 stars Considering that ELP have not produced much memorable material after "Brain, Salad, Surgery" I was a bit reluctant to invest in their live performance 40 years later. Thankfully, this DVD largely contains their better (early) tunes delivered in a splendid manner. It's an absolute delight to se ... (read more)

Report this review (#871442) | Posted by BORA | Tuesday, December 04, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of EMERSON LAKE & PALMER "40th Anniversary Reunion Concert (High Voltage Festival 2010)"