THE WAKE - LIVE AT DE BOERDERIJ, ZOETERMEER

- Andy Edwards / drums
- Mark Westworth / keyboards

Release date: October 2010
Label: GEP

Thanks to progshine for the addition

Buy IQ The Wake - Live At De Boerderij, Zoetermeer Music

Vinyl$29.99
SubterraneaSubterranea
FrequencyFrequency
Inside Out U.S. 2009
IQ Passing Strangers b/w Nomzamo + No Love Lost UK 3-track 12" 1987 EX+/M- 1987 US $12.99 [0 bids]
Twelfth Night IQ live concert London 13 April 1983 very small poster A5 size US $25.20 Buy It Now 13h 50m
2 SUBLIMINAL HYPNOSIS LEARNING SKILLS-INTELLIGENCE INCREASE IQ-NEW BRAINWAVE AID US $25.99 Buy It Now 13h 54m
IQ I.Q. I Q Live Concert London 8th of December 2000 poster print A5 size bw US $25.20 Buy It Now 14h 10m
NATIVE JAPAN CD ROOTS REGGAE SEALED IQ21 US $10.99 Buy It Now 17h 45m
Dark Matter IQ CD US $11.70 Buy It Now 18h 31m
LOW IQ 01 - MASTER LOW FOR... Japan Edition CD F1 US $9.99 Buy It Now 23h 56m
IQ I.Q. - REALITY CHECK CASSETTE NEW SMG 1995 US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Now - Spheres - Cassette (Aragon, IQ, King Crimson) US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Forever Live by IQ (CD, Sep-2004, 2 Discs, Inside Out) US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Seventh House [IMPORT] by Iq (Sep-2004, Inside Out) US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Enid IQ live concert London 12 November 1983 very small poster print A5 size US $25.20 Buy It Now 1 day
IQ - DARK MATTER NEW CD US $22.74 Buy It Now 1 day
(AQ726) Asaviour & DJ IQ, The A Loop Theory - DJ CD US $5.03 Buy It Now 1 day
PROG IQ Sold on You (Single) RARE Squawk Progressive Marillion Fish Pendragon US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
4 CD-SUBLIMINAL BRAIN/MIND CONTROL INTELLIGENCE HIGH IQ-BRAINWAVE TECHNOLOGY AID US $52.99 Buy It Now 1 day
IQ - Big Girls Don't Cry ep - New Sealed CD US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
IQ - Girl Group - ROLL CALL CD/DVD - NM US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LUCHA LIBRE lo iq hi power LP 11 track double (stl025lp) uk satellite 1999 US $13.36 Buy It Now 2 days
IQ - SUBTERRANEA double LP without bonus EP US $7.99 [0 bids]
Increase Your IQ Subliminal CD boost intelligence improve brain power memory nlp US $12.97 [0 bids]
SOPHIE LAWRENCE love's unkind/one for the road ZB 44821 uk iq 1991 7" WS EX/ US $11.75 Buy It Now 2 days
ART OF NOISE Iq6 Zang Tumb Tuum Sampled IQ6 LP v5432 US $5.99 [0 bids]
IQ6 "NM WAX" Zang Tumb Tuum Sampled IQ6 LP r5744 US $5.99 [0 bids]
NOTHING IS COMIC Seven Parts IQ6A LP s5409 US $5.99 [0 bids]
IQ THE WAKE 3 cd + 1 DVD 25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition box set US $45.99 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA-Weather Systems digi KATATONIA, PARADISE LOST, PINEAPPLE THIEF, IQ US $5.99 [0 bids]
PENDRAGON-Pure CD/DVD Digibook MARILLION, RIVERSIDE, PINEAPPLETHIEF, IQ, FROST US $5.99 [0 bids]
GAZPACHO-Missi Atropos ANATHAMA, MARILLION, PINEAPPLE THIEF, IQ, KATATONIA US $5.99 [0 bids]
IQ I.Q. live concert Newcastle 5 June 1989 very small mini poster print A5 size US $10.07 Buy It Now 2 days
IQ I.Q. live concert Birmingham 6 June 1989 very small mini poster print A5 size US $10.07 Buy It Now 2 days
IQ I.Q. live concert Bristol 7th June 1989 very small mini poster print A5 size US $10.07 Buy It Now 2 days
IQ I.Q. live concert Manchester 8 June 1989 very small mini poster print A5 size US $10.07 Buy It Now 2 days
IQ I.Q. live concert London 11th June 1989 very small mini poster print A5 size US $10.07 Buy It Now 2 days
PLAYBACK VOLUME 1 various LP 10 track featuring re-flex, astrakhan, iq, jenny ja US $8.39 Buy It Now 2 days
V.A.DERBY - Japan CD - NEW J-POP IQ20 , KARL OS PUPPET US $11.39 Buy It Now 2 days
KEN CHOI : IQ Dummies CD *Hong Kong *NEW SEALED ??? IQ??? US $25.75 Buy It Now 2 days
Iq / Frequency (uk) CD US $21.16 Buy It Now 2 days
GAZPACHO-Demon MARILLION, ANATHEMA, PENDRAGON, FROST, IQ, KATATONIA, RIVERSIDE US $6.99 [0 bids]
BRAINY BABY - Baby IQ: Baby's First Words US $4.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The IQ's Geoffrey Chung The Love We All Need Today 7 Rare Roots Reggae Dub US $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
SUBLIMINAL INTELLIGENCE ENHANCEMENT-INCREASE YOUR INTELLECT HIGH IQ BRAINWAVE CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
IQ Frequency CD US $12.50 Buy It Now 3 days
IQ-ARE YOU SITTING COMFORTABLY?-CD-1997-Giant Electric Pea-GEP CD 013-sealed US $14.88 Buy It Now 3 days
NEW Dark Matter - Iq US $12.80 Buy It Now 3 days
SOPHIE LAWRENCE love's unkind 7" PS EX/EX uk iq ZB44821 US $11.75 Buy It Now 4 days
IQ - NOMZAMO - NEW CD US $24.67 Buy It Now 4 days
SAFFRON (80'S/90'S ARTIST) world of you 12" 3 trk b/w hip mix and fluffy toy iq US $8.39 Buy It Now 4 days
Iq - Are You Sitting Comfortably (CD) NEW US $23.52 Buy It Now 4 days
Are You Sitting Comfortably Iq Audio CD US $25.48 Buy It Now 4 days
Dark Matter Iq Audio CD US $25.48 Buy It Now 4 days
Frequency - Iq (2009, CD New) US $17.02 Buy It Now 4 days
Tales from the Lush Attic 2013 re-mix (Gatefold cover) [VINYL] Iq Vinyl US $25.48 Buy It Now 4 days
The Wake - 25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition (3CD & DVD (Multimedia) Set) Iq Audio US $58.38 Buy It Now 4 days
POSITIVE GANG sweet freedom 12" 3 trk featuring 60's sytlee,sixteen mix and iq v US $8.39 Buy It Now 4 days
CD---IQ..UP / MOZART US $5.39 Buy It Now 4 days
Vinyl Record 12" Single - IQ Barbell Is In US $13.45 Buy It Now 4 days
Evolutionary Intelligence by Iq (CD, May-2004, EvI) OOP US $6.99 [0 bids]
Iq, Roll Call Audio CD US $4.45 Buy It Now 4 days
PUNK ROCK SOUNDTRACKS Vol.3 Japan 2 CD IQ20 SPICY SOCKS US $9.90 Buy It Now 5 days
SONIA - BE YOUNG BE FOOLISH BE HAPPY - 7" VINYL 1991 PICTURE SLEEVE IQ RECORDS US $5.03 Buy It Now 5 days
IQ The Lost Attic Collection of Rarities 1983 - 1999 Marillion Fish Pendragon US $39.99 [0 bids]
IQ Living Proof Live Camden Place London 1985 Peter Nicholls Martin Orford Rare US $39.99 [0 bids]
IQ - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION (REF T4) US $16.72 Buy It Now 5 days
Tony Curtis 7" 45 Stand Up For Love IQ TEST PRESSING REGGAE HEAR US $12.00 Buy It Now 5 days
The Ultimate IQ Test CD 1997 Virtual Entertainment US $10.00 Buy It Now 5 days
IQ Nomzamo '87 BRITISH neo-prog/HARD&Heavy 1st press LP ex-THE LENS MINT !!! US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
IQ ARE YOU SITTING COMFORTABLY? LP ARGENTINA US $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
IQ NOMZAMO LO ARGENTINA US $12.00 Buy It Now 5 days
IQ NOMZAMO LO ARGENTINA NM US $16.00 Buy It Now 5 days
IQ6 ISRAEL VINYL DIFF ART Propaganda Frankie Goes To Hollywood Art Of Noise LP US $16.99 Buy It Now 5 days
IQ - BARBELL IS IN (UK 45 PS) US $19.31 Buy It Now 5 days
IQ - CORNERS/THE THOUSAND DAYS (UK 45 PS) US $19.31 Buy It Now 5 days
PENDRAGON - UTRECHT.. THE FINAL FRONTIER Ultra Rare Prog Rock MC Arena Rush IQ US $10.90 Buy It Now 5 days
OST LES Sous Doues IQ = 0 JAPAN PROMO 7" NM VIPX-1631 US $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
IQ Are you Sitting Comfortably Vertigo Sqauwk 836429-1 1S/2S Superb Audio LP US $3.34 [1 bids]
IQ - Forever Live (2CD+VHS 1996) NTSC collectors set US $29.99 [0 bids]
Iq - Ever (NEW CD) US $18.89 Buy It Now 6 days
Iq - Nomzamo (NEW CD) US $18.89 Buy It Now 6 days
Iq - Subterranea (NEW 2 x VINYL LP) US $39.48 Buy It Now 6 days
Iq - Subterranea (NEW CD) US $19.73 Buy It Now 6 days
IQ - THE WAKE CD US $14.99 [0 bids]
IQ - EVER CD US $18.00 Buy It Now 6 days
SECONDS / IQ -by Jerry Goldsmith La-La-Land CD - sealed & NEW! US $10.00 [0 bids]
LED ZEPPELIN - ZEP VS BOSTON - RARE IQ 2 CD - BOSTON 1973 US $10.91 [4 bids]
Baby Genius - Best of The IQ Builder (CD, Jun-1999, ITM Corp. (Baby Genius)) US $1.79 Buy It Now 6 days
SEALED 12"~JAGGED EDGE~MAJESS~IQ~D MOVES~Walked Outta Heaven~[x8 Remixes]~ US $4.97 Buy It Now 6 days
Iq - Frequency [CD New] US $15.46 Buy It Now 6 days
IQ: The Lost Attic CD US $19.99 [0 bids]
(AQ986) Asaviour & DJ IQ, The A Loop Theory - DJ CD US $4.62 Buy It Now 6 days
(CD555) Minus IQ, Home Cinema - DJ CD US $9.67 Buy It Now 6 days
IQ Are You Sitting Comfortably? US LP HEAVY 80's PROG ROCK MINT SQUAWK PROMO US $9.99 [0 bids]
IQ nomzamo EX/M- USA 832141-1Q-1 | 14-0122-021 US $23.99 Buy It Now 6 days
LOW IQ 01 SWEAR CD JAPAN IMPORT N/OBI RARE J-POP #32 US $9.88 Buy It Now 6 days
IQ - Dark Matter (Music CD) US $27.92 Buy It Now 6 days
IQ - ARE YOU SITTING COMFORTABLY? [IQ] - NEW CD US $12.91 Buy It Now 7 days
IQ - For Ever Live US $30.91 Buy It Now 7 days
IQ - DARK MATTER [IQ] - NEW CD US $14.30 Buy It Now 7 days
Increase Your IQ Subliminal CD boost intelligence improve brain power memory nlp US $15.95 Buy It Now 7 days
LOW IQ 01 'YOUR COLOR'Japan Release w/OBI,Y0031 US $8.00 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy IQ music online Buy IQ & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IQ DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IQ The Wake - Live At De Boerderij, Zoetermeer ratings distribution

IQ The Wake - Live At De Boerderij, Zoetermeer reviews

Review by richardh
5 stars The Wake has long been my favourite neo prog album so it was interesting to find they had recorded a live version only a year ago. IQ's last studio album 'Frequency' was a corker in no small measure thanks to the dynamic and powerfull drumming of Andy Edwards. However he left and original drummer Paul Cook returned.'Cookie' had retired from music to concentrate on his farm in Scotland so I presume he must have missed his old mates and answered the call to fill the drum stool. Here he provides an excellent base allowing the others to do what they do best. IQ is one of the tightest bands around as this shows.Remarkably all the energy that they had 25 years ago is still well intact. Pete Nicholls sings as if his life depends on it while Mike Holmes is surely one of the most underrated guitarists with his ability to play such wonderfull melodies.John Jowittt is Mr Reliable while Mark Westworth does a fine job on keyboards. The production is top notch having that 'straight from boards' feel about it. Some live recordings just don't sound live but this does and its all the better for it. In fact its so good that I would recommend this in favour to the original album especially as you get a very nice bonus DVD of the whole performance with a few bonus tracks. The Wake will always be a solid five gold masterpeice for me. There are no bad songs whatsoever and the whole work is paced excellently. Get this and fall in love over again with one of the eighties prog albums that established neo prog.

Send comments to richardh (BETA) | Report this review (#540512) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 02, 2011

Review by Gatot
4 stars The Wake represents my first introduction to IQ and it was phenomenal to me personally. I remember vividly how the cassette that I purchased was one of the cassettes I regularly played in addition to Marillion who also released the third seminal album "Misplaced Childhood". But one memorable experience with The Wake was when I worked offshore to install and hook-up the oil and gas platformed owned by Hudbay Oil at Malacca Strait in early 1987. My first son, Endro, was not yet born and I was sent by the company I worked for, McDermott, to be the hook-up engineer for the two platforms named as MWD and MWE. I was stationed at DB 17 (Derrick Barge 17) owned by McDermott for approximately two months period. During that period I brought with me saome prog cassettes (hey, by that time there was no iPod, no MP3 and CD was just born but I did not own most prog music on CD format - so I had a stack of Marillion, Pendragon, Pallas, IQ and Peter Gabriel in the media of cassettes. What a life!).

I worked twelve hours a day and in shift system. So whae I worked daylight I used the evening to play the cassettes outloud in the guest room of this wonderfully furnished Derrick Barge where it had also great tape compo as well. WoW! I was astonished with the music of IQ especially "The Wake" (the second track) where I kept rewinding two to three times before moving forward to next track. In fact I started loving IQ right then in the DB 17 of McDermott!!! What a memorable event, really! And since then I love the band until now.

This live set is really excellent despite only two original members played here: Peter Nicholls (vox) and Mike Holmes (guitar). The rest of the band: Tim Essau (bass) was replaced by John Jowitt, Paul Cook (drums) replaced by Andy Edwards, and Martin Orford (keys) was replaced by Mark Westworth. But ...don't worry ... I still get the same or at least "similar" nuances as the album was originally recorded in 1985. The setlist has been made exactly the same as the studio album only that it had now the "intro" live version. One intersting point is that the sonic quality has been made closer to the original studio recording as this one is raw in sound. I compare this with ForEVER Live sound quality which has modern quality of sound. I am sure the band decided to make this record as close as possible with the original recording.

Performance-wise, I think this is really excellent! For those who love IQ, you should not miss this one! Keep on proggin' ....!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#1116234) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 19, 2014

Post a review of IQ "The Wake - Live At De Boerderij, Zoetermeer"