THE WAKE - LIVE AT DE BOERDERIJ, ZOETERMEER

- Andy Edwards / drums
- Mark Westworth / keyboards

Release date: October 2010
Label: GEP

Thanks to progshine for the addition

Buy IQ The Wake - Live At De Boerderij, Zoetermeer Music

Tales From the Lush Attic 2013 Re-MixTales From the Lush Attic 2013 Re-Mix
Ais 2013
SubterraneaSubterranea
Inside Out U.S. 2005
Iq - Tales From The Lush Attic 2013 Re-Mix (Gatefold Cover) (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $24.45 Buy It Now 32m 16s
IQ - Girl Group - ROLL CALL CD/DVD - NM US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 31m
LUCHA LIBRE lo iq hi power LP 11 track double (stl025lp) uk satellite 1999 US $12.97 Buy It Now 4h 35m
NATIVE JAPAN CD ROOTS REGGAE SEALED IQ21 US $10.99 Buy It Now 6h
Iq - Frequency [CD New] US $18.75 Buy It Now 7h 4m
IQ DUTCH 1989 12" Single SOLD ON YOU US $5.69 Buy It Now 7h 22m
Seventh House - Iq New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $22.71 Buy It Now 7h 56m
(Listen Here) Fallen Angels - HELLO LOVER (DJ Hype Remixes) 12" IQ Records 1994 US $21.19 [0 bids]
IQ: J'ai Pollette D'Arnu [CD 1991] US $20.99 Buy It Now 9h 23m
Baby Genius IQ Builder with Stimulating Classic Music US $0.99 [0 bids]
A Word in Your Eye by The Lens (CD, Sep-2004, Inside Out) IQ Martin Orford US $12.25 Buy It Now 12h 40m
New ZTT Show IQ6 ZTT Sampler Deluxe Edition Blu-spec CD DVD Japan XECZ-1049 US $65.00 Buy It Now 13h 29m
IQ "Tales From The Lush Attic" 2013 Remix 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition US $29.99 Buy It Now 14h 49m
IQ "The Wake 25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition" (3CD/DVD-PAL, 2010) Free Ship US $35.79 Buy It Now 14h 51m
IQ "The Wake Live At De Boerderij Zoetermeer, Holland June 19, 2010" CD/DVD-PAL US $16.09 Buy It Now 14h 52m
Ever by IQ (CD, Apr-2005, Inside Out Music) US $9.58 Buy It Now 15h 12m
IQ-THE ROAD OF BONES (REGULAR EDITION)-JAPAN CD Fi83 US $35.50 Buy It Now 19h 32m
IQ - DARK MATTER NEW CD US $21.76 Buy It Now 19h 38m
PLAYBACK VOLUME 1 various LP 10 track featuring re-flex, astrakhan, iq, jenny ja US $8.14 Buy It Now 21h 35m
V.A.DERBY - Japan CD - NEW J-POP IQ20 , KARL OS PUPPET US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
IQ Rare UK 1984 7" Single BARBELL IS IN With AUTOGRAPHED SLEEVE US $29.34 Buy It Now 1 day
Iq - Seventh House (NEW CD) US $19.15 Buy It Now 1 day
IQ - Forever Live (2CD+VHS 1996) NTSC collectors set US $29.99 [0 bids]
VEE DEE s/t LP 2004 Criminal IQ CHICAGO PUNK 2004 NM Silkscreen Cover 1st PRESS US $4.99 [0 bids]
Iq - Ever [CD New] US $12.24 Buy It Now 1 day
Japanese Heavy Metal Cartoon Kerrang No: 66 Cover 1984 Motley Crue IQ Nightwing US $12.23 Buy It Now 1 day
IQ CD ARE YOU SITTING COMFORTABLY US $3.00 [0 bids]
VARIOUS ARTISTS 'A MANCHESTER COLLECTION' UK LP GROW-UP, SLIGHT SECONDS, IQ ZERO US $48.93 [0 bids]
The IQ's Geoffrey Chung The Love We All Need Today 7 Rare Roots Reggae Dub US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
IQ - ROAD OF BONES (UK) NEW CD US $35.31 Buy It Now 1 day
IQ Tales from lush Attic - NUMBERED - Vintage 12" LP Record 1983-MINT I.Q. 33rpm US $42.50 [0 bids]
IQ-ARE YOU SITTING COMFORTABLY?-CD-1997-Giant Electric Pea-GEP CD 013-sealed US $14.09 Buy It Now 1 day
Dark Matter - Iq US $12.80 Buy It Now 1 day
LOW IQ 01 - Master Low For ... - Japan CD - NEW J-POP US $13.90 Buy It Now 2 days
SAFFRON (80'S/90'S ARTIST) world of you 12" 3 trk b/w hip mix and fluffy toy iq US $8.14 Buy It Now 2 days
ARMY OF JESUS "Book Bomb" 7in. (Criminal IQ) red vinyl punk the young US $1.99 [0 bids]
IQ - FREQUENCY [IQ] - NEW CD US $11.18 Buy It Now 2 days
POSITIVE GANG sweet freedom 12" 3 trk featuring 60's sytlee,sixteen mix and iq v US $8.14 Buy It Now 2 days
CD---IQ..UP / MOZART US $4.79 Buy It Now 2 days
2 SUBLIMINAL HYPNOSIS LEARNING SKILLS-INTELLIGENCE INCREASE IQ-NEW BRAINWAVE AID US $25.99 Buy It Now 2 days
IQ THE WAKE 3 cd + 1 DVD 25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition box set US $44.99 [0 bids]
IQ - WAKE [IQ] - NEW CD US $27.29 Buy It Now 3 days
LOW IQ 01 - MASTER LOW V.3 - Japan CD - NEW US $17.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SOPHIE LAWRENCE love's unkind 7" PS EX/EX uk iq ZB44821 US $11.40 Buy It Now 3 days
SOPHIE LAWRENCE love's unkind/one for the road ZB 44821 uk iq 1991 7" WS EX/ US $11.40 Buy It Now 3 days
Iq, Roll Call Audio CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 3 days
DESIRED STATE Hello Lover Remixes 12" DJ Hype Trace UK jungle drum n bass IQ US $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
SONIA - BE YOUNG BE FOOLISH BE HAPPY - 7" VINYL 1991 PICTURE SLEEVE IQ RECORDS US $4.88 Buy It Now 3 days
IQ- Are You Sitting Comfortably?- new/sealed cassette tape US $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Tony Curtis 7" 45 Stand Up For Love IQ TEST PRESSING REGGAE HEAR US $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Terrible Twos 2008 S/T LP Green Vinyl US Garage Punk Criminal IQ Records US $13.99 Buy It Now 3 days
IQ - Are You Sitting Comfortably? (Squawk Records Prog/Hard Rock Vinyl LP-1989) US $11.40 Buy It Now 3 days
4 CD-SUBLIMINAL BRAIN/MIND CONTROL INTELLIGENCE HIGH IQ-BRAINWAVE TECHNOLOGY AID US $52.99 Buy It Now 3 days
iQ: Nomzamo Lp US $6.99 [0 bids]
IQ Nomzamo CD 2005 BRAND NEW Classic Progressive Rock / Neo Prog (1987) US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Road Of Bones (2 Disc Set) IQ Audio CD US $38.97 Buy It Now 3 days
Led Zeppelin 2 CD Live Bath Stop 1970 Festival Image Quality IQ Jimmy Page Plant US $69.99 [0 bids]
IQ - IQ: FREQUENCY [REGION FREE] NEW DVD BOXSET US $15.77 Buy It Now 3 days
KEN CHOI : IQ Dummies CD *Hong Kong *NEW SEALED ??? IQ??? US $25.75 Buy It Now 4 days
Iq - Frequency CD EMI US $30.58 Buy It Now 4 days
Iq - Frequency CD INSIDE OUT US $21.73 Buy It Now 4 days
Iq - Subterranea CD US $21.73 Buy It Now 4 days
The Ultimate IQ Test CD 1997 Virtual Entertainment US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
BLACKFIELD IV BIG POSTER !!! Marillion/IQ/Porcupine Tre/Steven Wilson/Neal Morse US $5.55 Buy It Now 4 days
Iq - Dark Matter (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $28.94 Buy It Now 4 days
Out There The Future of Prog Rock Asia Nektar Anathema Cave In IQ Blackfield US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Iq - Dark Matter NEW LP US $25.36 Buy It Now 4 days
Baby Genius - Best of The IQ Builder (CD, Jun-1999, ITM Corp. (Baby Genius)) US $1.79 Buy It Now 4 days
(AQ986) Asaviour & DJ IQ, The A Loop Theory - DJ CD US $4.49 Buy It Now 4 days
Mode/IQ Mind/Soul Mini LP - Rare Pink Cover MIQ-033 with sleeve US $15.00 [0 bids]
(CD555) Minus IQ, Home Cinema - DJ CD US $9.38 Buy It Now 4 days
Sealed Trivia on the Road Television CD Game,Family Travel IQ Knowledge TV Shows US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DARKWATER-Calling the earth to Witness HEADSPACE, IQ,FATES WARNING,DREAM THEATER US $2.99 [0 bids]
DARKWATER-Where Stories End HEADSPACE, IQ,FATES WARNING,DREAM THEATER US $2.99 [0 bids]
U.N.I.T.E.D. - No I.Q. CD - NEW! - UNITED - IQ US $0.99 [0 bids]
IQ - Live From London [DVD] [2012] [NTSC] US $17.76 Buy It Now 4 days
LOW IQ 01 - Master Low For ... - Japan CD - J-POP - 11Tracks OBI US $10.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ARK - WILD UNTAMED IMAGININGS NEW 2010 JOHN JOWITT IQ US $12.97 Buy It Now 4 days
RARE OOP IQ J'AI POLLETTE D'ARNU UK ENGLAND IMPORT CD LOOK RARE US $14.99 [0 bids]
LOW IQ 01 SWEAR CD JAPAN IMPORT N/OBI RARE J-POP #32 US $5.49 Buy It Now 4 days
IQ - DARK MATTER [IQ] - NEW CD US $10.78 Buy It Now 5 days
Increase Your IQ Subliminal CD boost intelligence improve brain power memory nlp US $19.95 Buy It Now 5 days
IQ: Tales From The Lush Attic CD (Rare red cover) US $91.38 Buy It Now 5 days
IQ - MAGAZINE NO. 5 (WITH IQ FAMILY TREE) US $17.86 Buy It Now 5 days
IQ - THE SCREAM ISSUE NUMBER 3 US $17.86 Buy It Now 5 days
V.A. Classic Prog Mag. Present Little Fluffy Clouds W/ IQ, Anathema,Tiles US $4.95 [0 bids]
IQ6 ZANG TUMB TUUM SAMPLED various LP 12 track featuring frankie goes to hollywo US $8.14 Buy It Now 5 days
GDR 'IQ' (CD + DVD) DIGIPAK/SLIPCASE/ Modern Rock US $20.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Iq - Are You Sitting Comfortably (NEW CD) US $19.15 Buy It Now 5 days
Iq - Dark Matter (NEW CD) US $19.15 Buy It Now 5 days
MERCHANTS VICE Amber - 2003 - RARE UK progressive rock / neo prog Pendragon IQ US $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Frequency [Digipak] by IQ (CD, 2009, 2 Discs, Inside Out Music) US $22.70 Buy It Now 5 days
IQ The Wake RARE LIMITED EDITION 1988 Picture Disc CD issue i.q. US $60.00 Buy It Now 5 days
No IQ * - U.N.I.T.E.D. (Metal) (CD 1996) Metal Blade New! US $3.99 Buy It Now 5 days
(AP646) Pattern of Your Love, Matt IQ Barrington- DJ CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 5 days
Mozart for Mommies and Daddies: Jumpstart your Newborn's IQ (CD, Oct-1999,... US $7.77 [0 bids]
Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Welcome To The Pleasuredome - ZTT IQ1 US $13.03 Buy It Now 6 days
Iq - Dark Matter CD US $18.62 Buy It Now 6 days
Iq - Forever Live CD US $18.62 Buy It Now 6 days
Iq - Tales From The Lush Attic CD US $18.53 Buy It Now 6 days

More places to buy IQ music online Buy IQ & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IQ DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IQ The Wake - Live At De Boerderij, Zoetermeer ratings distribution

IQ The Wake - Live At De Boerderij, Zoetermeer reviews

Review by richardh
5 stars The Wake has long been my favourite neo prog album so it was interesting to find they had recorded a live version only a year ago. IQ's last studio album 'Frequency' was a corker in no small measure thanks to the dynamic and powerfull drumming of Andy Edwards. However he left and original drummer Paul Cook returned.'Cookie' had retired from music to concentrate on his farm in Scotland so I presume he must have missed his old mates and answered the call to fill the drum stool. Here he provides an excellent base allowing the others to do what they do best. IQ is one of the tightest bands around as this shows.Remarkably all the energy that they had 25 years ago is still well intact. Pete Nicholls sings as if his life depends on it while Mike Holmes is surely one of the most underrated guitarists with his ability to play such wonderfull melodies.John Jowittt is Mr Reliable while Mark Westworth does a fine job on keyboards. The production is top notch having that 'straight from boards' feel about it. Some live recordings just don't sound live but this does and its all the better for it. In fact its so good that I would recommend this in favour to the original album especially as you get a very nice bonus DVD of the whole performance with a few bonus tracks. The Wake will always be a solid five gold masterpeice for me. There are no bad songs whatsoever and the whole work is paced excellently. Get this and fall in love over again with one of the eighties prog albums that established neo prog.

Send comments to richardh (BETA) | Report this review (#540512) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 02, 2011

Review by Gatot
4 stars The Wake represents my first introduction to IQ and it was phenomenal to me personally. I remember vividly how the cassette that I purchased was one of the cassettes I regularly played in addition to Marillion who also released the third seminal album "Misplaced Childhood". But one memorable experience with The Wake was when I worked offshore to install and hook-up the oil and gas platformed owned by Hudbay Oil at Malacca Strait in early 1987. My first son, Endro, was not yet born and I was sent by the company I worked for, McDermott, to be the hook-up engineer for the two platforms named as MWD and MWE. I was stationed at DB 17 (Derrick Barge 17) owned by McDermott for approximately two months period. During that period I brought with me saome prog cassettes (hey, by that time there was no iPod, no MP3 and CD was just born but I did not own most prog music on CD format - so I had a stack of Marillion, Pendragon, Pallas, IQ and Peter Gabriel in the media of cassettes. What a life!).

I worked twelve hours a day and in shift system. So whae I worked daylight I used the evening to play the cassettes outloud in the guest room of this wonderfully furnished Derrick Barge where it had also great tape compo as well. WoW! I was astonished with the music of IQ especially "The Wake" (the second track) where I kept rewinding two to three times before moving forward to next track. In fact I started loving IQ right then in the DB 17 of McDermott!!! What a memorable event, really! And since then I love the band until now.

This live set is really excellent despite only two original members played here: Peter Nicholls (vox) and Mike Holmes (guitar). The rest of the band: Tim Essau (bass) was replaced by John Jowitt, Paul Cook (drums) replaced by Andy Edwards, and Martin Orford (keys) was replaced by Mark Westworth. But ...don't worry ... I still get the same or at least "similar" nuances as the album was originally recorded in 1985. The setlist has been made exactly the same as the studio album only that it had now the "intro" live version. One intersting point is that the sonic quality has been made closer to the original studio recording as this one is raw in sound. I compare this with ForEVER Live sound quality which has modern quality of sound. I am sure the band decided to make this record as close as possible with the original recording.

Performance-wise, I think this is really excellent! For those who love IQ, you should not miss this one! Keep on proggin' ....!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#1116234) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 19, 2014

Post a review of IQ "The Wake - Live At De Boerderij, Zoetermeer"