ODE TO THE SUMMER

Joel Magill - Bass, Percussion
Raven Bush - Mandolin, Percussion
Fred Rother - Drums

Dawn Chorus Records - Digital and 7 " Vinyl

Thanks to chris s for the addition

SYD ARTHUR MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SYD ARTHUR Ode To The Summer Music

Harvest 2013
Vinyl$14.50
Syd the Karaoke KidSyd the Karaoke Kid
Carpuzi Records 2001

More places to buy SYD ARTHUR music online Buy SYD ARTHUR & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SYD ARTHUR DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SYD ARTHUR Ode To The Summer ratings distribution

SYD ARTHUR Ode To The Summer reviews

Review by obiter
5 stars Me Bad.

How did I miss this band. Beautiful. Way beyond the normal pap we're getting. Even on the prog scene. There's a maturity and finish that beggars belief. I really have been more surprised by this band than any since Hidria Spacefolk and Amplifier.

Cultured, restrained but for me ... there is a characteristic Canterbury vocal.

My favourite song is edge of the earth can't find it on any album.

What we're getting at the moment seems to be the best of early compositions. I cannot recommend this band too highly. I simply cannot imagine how this material should not be in a prog collection.

Having said this, these offerings are short, these are not fully formed albums: a few tracks.

If you are into prog you MUST listen to this. This music is fresh. there's a pint of folk, yard of ale of Canterbury and a gill or two of cross over.

We have a choice with prog. We contemplate our navels and ruminate about the magic 70s or we wake up and keep our eyes open for the contemporary.

I reckon this is a wake up moment. I may be wrong but I prepared to recommend this to all. I reckon this is the real deal.

Send comments to obiter (BETA) | Report this review (#1077348) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 15, 2013

Post a review of SYD ARTHUR "Ode To The Summer"