LIVE

1. Beginning Jam
2. Double Bass
3. Another Door
4. Meteor
5. Lifecycle (Forever's Way)
6. Late Night Salvation/I Get Lost

- John Galgano / bass, guitar, lead and backing vocals, electric guitar
- Tom Galgano / keyboards, lead vocals, acoustic guitar
- Laura Meade / backing vocals, lead vocals

DVD Doone Records (2011)

Thanks to rdtprog for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

IZZ MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IZZ Live Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Crush of NightCrush of Night
Doone Records 2011
IZZ Live at NEARfestIZZ Live at NEARfest
Doone Records 2007

More places to buy IZZ music online Buy IZZ & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IZZ DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IZZ Live ratings distribution

IZZ Live reviews

Review by rdtprog
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Heavy Prog Team
4 stars This DVD is divided in 4 parts. The fist part is the main concert shot in 2007 at the Nearfest festival. This is a brillant performance with a professionnel camera work with a good stereo sound and a good picture quality. The band display his talent for a hour of beautiful music. For those who don't know the music of Izz, it's a progressive rock that covers a lot of ground with a variety of atmosphere, from the light ballad passage to the heavier and dark intrumental part where nice keyboards and great guitars shines. The vocal harmonies brings a interesting counterpoint to the complex music of the band. And on top of that we have a solid rhytm section consisting of 2 drummers!

The second part is taken from a show in 2002 at the ProgWest festival. Here we have a 3 camera shot with a audience bootleg sound. After the excellent quality of the main feature, this is a big step bakcward. I am glad that we have only 4 songs on that show.

The third part is more interesting with a live-in-studio webast of one hour with one camera and a decent sound. Here we have some Izz's songs and some songs taken from solo's cds of different members of the band. There is a some nice songs again here, showing a band that know how to write good compostions.

The fourth part is like a rehearsal of the band in studio. Nothing exceptional, but interesting to see another side of the band.

In conclusion, the main feature is worth the price of the DVD alone, it's just too short, but at that time, the band had only 3 cds on the market. It's a nice addition to any progressive fans.

Send comments to rdtprog (BETA) | Report this review (#548993) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Post a review of IZZ "Live"