UNLIMITED EDITION

2. Doko E (2:26)
3. LH 702 (2:11)
4. I'm Too Leise (5:10)
5. Musette (2:08)
6. Blue Bag (Inside Paper) (1:16)
7. Ethnological Forgery Series No. 27 (1:47)
8. TV Spot (3:02)
9. Ethnological Forgery Series No. 7 (1:05)
10. Empress And The Ukraine King (4:40)
11. Ethnological Forgery Series No. 10 (2:01)
12. Mother Upduff (4:28)
13. Ethnological Forgery Series No. 36 (1:55)
14. Cutaway (18:49)
15. Connection (2:20)
16. Fall Of Another Year (3:20)
17. Ethnological Forgery Series No. 8 (1:37)
18. Transcendental Express (4:37)
19. Ibis (5:00)

- Jaki Leibezeit / percussion, drums, Wind
- Malcolm Mooney / vocals
- Damo Suzuki / vocals

Lps-Spoon record-SPOON 023/24

and to Jimbo for the last updates

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Unlimited Edition Music

Monster MovieMonster Movie
Vinyl$17.49
Lost TapesLost Tapes
Mute 2012
Dead Can Dance - Spiritchaser NEW CD Sealed Russian US $15.99 Buy It Now 32m 33s
TAXI-ON THE STREET /BACK IN YOUR ARMS-PROMO-1980-12"-CAN-WorldShip$10.00-EU$9.00 US $9.99 Buy It Now 32m 49s
THE LEGEND - CAN YOU FEEL IT - RAZE MEGAMIX + CHAMPION MEGAMIX CHAMP 12-227 12" US $11.34 Buy It Now 33m 3s
ICEHOUSE-CAN'T HELP MYSELF / FATMAN-1981-7"-CANADA-WorldShip$6.00-EuroUnio$5.00 US $5.99 Buy It Now 34m 32s
EDDIE DRENNON & B.B.S. UNLIMITED-LET'S DO THE LATIN HUSTLE-1975-7"-CAN-Ship$6.00 US $5.99 Buy It Now 34m 32s
FLASH-FLASH IN THE CAN-JAPAN 1st PROMO ISSUE WL GF US $74.99 Buy It Now 36m 9s
Mahalia Jackson / O Little Town Of Bethlehem What Can I Give 33 rpm 7" Record LP US $9.00 Buy It Now 38m 9s
Spiritchaser by Dead Can Dance (CD, Jun-1996, 4AD (USA)) US $11.99 Buy It Now 40m 35s
CD Mucky Pup - Can't You Take A Joke RR TORRID 1990 ORG US $39.99 Buy It Now 43m 53s
Africa Dead Can Dance David Poore Rokia Traore Wasis Diop Wrasse Man 6.99 US $6.99 Buy It Now 44m 25s
JEFFERSON STARSHIP - Can;t Find Love - US $0.99 [0 bids]
44m 42s
GERMAN ORIGINAL 2LP AMON DUUL / DISASTER CAN POPOL VUH Free Shipping US $95.00 Buy It Now 48m 3s
AMON DUUL II / Live in Tokyo 1996 - CAN NEU! Krautrock US $10.00 Buy It Now 51m 9s
NEW CD HOLGER CZUKAY + U-SHE / The New Millennium CAN US $10.00 Buy It Now 51m 10s
VILLAGE PEOPLE.CAN'T STOP THE MUSIC.1980 ORIGINAL...ALL MUSIC/LYRICS.COLLECTABLE US $5.41 Buy It Now 51m 20s
Glossy MINT/M- 45~BEACH BOYS~I CAN HEAR MUSIC/ALL I WANT TO DO~W/Sleeve~HEAR US $29.99 Buy It Now 54m 21s
CATCH US IF YOU CAN Dave Clark Five 7" single US $4.87 [0 bids]
54m 53s
CAN - I Want More Limited Edition 7 inch Picture Disc US $16.20 Buy It Now 56m 22s
QUEENS OF THE STONEAGE - YOU CAN'T PUT YOUR ARMS AROUND A MEMORY- LP LP US $49.99 Buy It Now 56m 40s
Friends Can Be Lovers Dionne Warwick Audio CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Earl Harrison Can You Forgive Me/Humphrey Stomp 45 RPM US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 4m
vinyl LP LIVE IN LONDON AMON DUUL II telefunken '74 OOP prog kraut can neu faust US $35.00 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Prince "Breakfast Can Wait" CD PROMO - MINT CONDITION US $16.20 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Juvet, Patrick Another Lonely Man 7" Casablanca CAN142 EX/VG 1978 picture sleeve US $6.73 Buy It Now 1h 10m
67 SPECIAL The World Can Wait CD Boys & Girls Cotton Sheets 11 trks USED US $4.98 Buy It Now 1h 11m
ALVIN STARDUST-GOOD LOVE CAN-DIFF.YUGO PS 45rpm 1975 US $49.00 Buy It Now 1h 14m
THE LIBERTINES Can't Stand Me Now CENSORED VERSION PROMO CD dirty pretty things US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Pet Shop Boys - Can You Forgive Her? 7" single EX US $1.61 [0 bids]
FRED DOUGLAS What Can I Say After I Say I'm Sorry 78 REGAL G8680 US $21.07 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Don Henley 7" 45 Oz Vinyl Single - Johnny Can't Read US $6.32 Buy It Now 1h 27m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - ELVIS COSTELLO - I CAN'T STAND UP FOR FALLING DOWN - XX1 US $11.34 Buy It Now 1h 29m
ETERNAL LIGHT who can build a house JEWISH literature history NBC 78RPM ACETATE US $350.00 Buy It Now 1h 31m
THE MOVE-I CAN HEAR THE GRASS GROW-JAPAN 7" US $299.99 Buy It Now 1h 32m
I Can't Keep All of Our Secrets - Rae Spoon New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Ship US $25.22 Buy It Now 1h 33m
U2-ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE-RARE ORIGINAL POLISH CASSETTE TAPE 2000-SEALED/MINT US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Public Enemy 12" Can't Do Nuttin For Ya 1990 Dej Jam Rap Hip Hop LP NM US $7.78 Buy It Now 1h 35m
LOU REED-SALLY CAN'T DANCE-JAPAN PROMO WL+PROMO SHEET US $134.99 Buy It Now 1h 35m
AL HUDSON & THE PARTNERS-You Can Do It/Happy Feet UK 7" EX Cond US $4.85 Buy It Now 1h 36m
* CHEAP TRICK can't stop fallin' into love ESDA-7021 JAPAN 3 INCH Single CD 220 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 38m
* NADIA GIFFORD you can't hurry love FHDF-1369 JAPAN 3INCH Single CD 299 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 38m
* SILJE how can i stop loving you JAMES McMILLAN JAPAN 3 INCH Single CD 623 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 38m
* EN VOGUE giving him something he can feel AMDY-5083 JAPAN 3 INCH Single CD 524 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 38m
* M.C. HAMMER u can't touch this TODP-2174 JAPAN 3 INCH Single CD 258 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
* LISA STANSFIELD you can't deny it BVDA-4 JAPAN 3 INCH Single CD 253 US $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
* MICHAEL BOLTON how can we be lovers CSDS-8129 JAPAN 3 INCH Single CD 284 US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
* MARIAH CAREY can't let go SRDS-8217 JAPAN 3 INCH Single CD 268 US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
* GLORIA ESTEFAN can't forget you ESDA 7072 JAPAN 3INCH Single CD 544 US $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
THE OSMONDS-I Can't Stop/Flower Music UK 7" EX Cond US $4.85 Buy It Now 1h 41m
* OUCH can't stop looking at you JAPAN 3 INCH Single CD US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
* GENESIS i can't dance VJDP-10184 JAPAN 3 INCH Single CD 166 US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
* PACIFISTS we can work it out CARROLL THOMPSON 3INCH Single CD US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
* JULIA FORDHAM i can't help myself JAPAN 3 INCH CD US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
KATHY MATTEA 45RPM LOVE AT THE FIVE AND DIME /YOU CAN'T RUN AWAY FROM YOUR HEART US $4.97 Buy It Now 1h 42m
JOHNNY TAYLOR/ i can read between the lines/1973 45 US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Transformer 2 - Just Can't Get Enough (1996 Positiva 6 Track CD) US $3.23 Buy It Now 1h 45m
* BRYAN ADAMS can't stop JAPAN 3 INCH Single CD US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 45m
* UB40 (i can't help) falling in love with you JAPAN 3 INCH Single CD 438 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Little Joe & Thrillers Peanuts/No I Can't Stop 45 RPM US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 46m
AMERICA YOU CAN DO MAGIC/EVEN THE SCORE 1982 45 RPM CAPITOL RECORDS B-5142 US $3.98 Buy It Now 1h 52m
FLASH-FLASH IN THE CAN-JAPAN 1st ISSUE GATEFOLD +OBI US $142.99 Buy It Now 1h 53m
YOU CAN STAY CALM - SELF HYPNOSIS - CONTROL STRESS - MIND POWER SOLUTION US $12.93 Buy It Now 1h 57m
THE CHARLATANS Indian Rope 12" Ft YOU CAN TALK TO ME & WHO WANTS TO KNOW 1990 US $12.97 Buy It Now 1h 58m
Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Can't Wait To Be With You - CD Single 1993 - Ex US $1.28 [0 bids]
MADONNA - CASSETTE - YOU CAN DANCE US $13.53 Buy It Now 1h 59m
SPEEDSTAR - BRUISES YOU CAN TOUCH CD ALBUM SIGNED US $18.95 Buy It Now 2h
LOU REED-SALLY CAN'T DANCE-JAPAN PROMO WL US $67.99 Buy It Now 2h 3m
Soul Solution - Can't Stop Love - 5 Track CD Single [D:NET059-EPD] US $8.98 Buy It Now 2h 4m
David Crosby - Oh Yes I Can -with insert -free UK postage US $20.43 Buy It Now 2h 5m
DEATH CAN FOR CUTIE BAND X4 SIGNED 10X8 PP REPRO PHOTO ben gibbard chris walla US $8.90 Buy It Now 2h 7m
JIMMY PARKINSON - 50's Sheet Music - YOU CAN'T BE TRUE TO TWO US $12.97 Buy It Now 2h 7m
REO Speedwagon - You can Tune a Piano - with inner - free UK postage US $18.81 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Miley Cyrus ?- Can't Be Tamed Israel Hebrew Promo Press Sticker US $40.00 Buy It Now 2h 9m
CD SINGLE NO 4. LEANN RIMES..CAN,T FIGHT THE MOONLIGHT...669914 2 US $8.98 Buy It Now 2h 10m
RHYTHM MAKERS - ZONE / CAN YOU FEEL IT Disco / Funk 12" VIGOR / MINT- US $150.00 Buy It Now 2h 13m
Rock-A-Hula Baby/Can't help Falling in Love, Elvis Presley, Acceptable Vinyl US $6.39 Buy It Now 2h 15m
JAN AKKERMAN Can't Stand Noise GERMANY Inak CD 1994 Near Mint ! FREE SHIPPING ! US $15.75 Buy It Now 2h 16m
RICKY ALLEN NORTHERN SOUL 45 NOTHING IN THE WORLD CAN HURT ME (BRIGHT STAR 147) US $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 18m
Viola Wills - I Can See Clearly Now 12" House IRS Records US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 19m
V/A Deutsche Elektronische Musik 1 Vol. 2 2x LP NEW VINYL Soul Jazz Cluster Can US $35.99 Buy It Now 2h 22m
V/A Deutsche Elektronische Musik 1 Vol. 1 2x LP NEW VINYL Soul Jazz Faust Can H US $35.99 Buy It Now 2h 22m
JAMES BROWN i can't stand myself /get it RARE IRAN EP US $40.00 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Ray Charles: Till I Can't It Anymore SOUL 45 ABC/Tangerine UNPLAYED STORE STOCK US $5.98 Buy It Now 2h 26m
TIMI YURO-CAN'T STOP RUNNING AWAY-MERCURY 72431. EX US $55.14 Buy It Now 2h 28m
VILLAGE PEOPLE Soundtrack Album Can't Stop the Music YMCA LP Record 1980 US $10.00 [0 bids]
CAN THE CAN - SUZI QUATRO US $1.22 [0 bids]
Pajama Party, Can't Live Without It Audio CD US $4.61 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Rolling Stones Satisfaction / Hitch hike / Route 66 / Can I get a.. EP 7" Brazil US $100.00 Buy It Now 2h 32m
Philippines ROBBIE CRAIG Nothing I Can Do, 7" 45rpm PROMO US $60.00 Buy It Now 2h 32m
HILARY DUFF / The Girl Can Rock JAPAN CD+DVD w/OBI AVCW12400/B US $38.00 Buy It Now 2h 35m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - CAN'T HAPPEN HERE - RAINBOW - POSP251 US $11.34 Buy It Now 2h 36m
EDDIE MONEY Can't Hold Back LP nMINT HOL 1986 1st Press 1A1/1B1 w/ Inner Sleeve US $16.20 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Pinkunoizu - Tin Can Valley - 2 Track US $6.47 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Philippines BRYAN ADAM Can't Stop This Thing We Started, 7" 45rpm PROMO US $60.00 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Juice Newton ~ Can't Wait All Night/ Japan LP/ OBI Sheet US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 38m
Van Der Graaf Generator - The Least We Can Do...2 LP's 180g UK 2012 Mint US $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 38m
I Can Make That Happen * by Johnnie Bassett (CD, Jun-2012, Sly Dog Records) US $13.24 Buy It Now 2h 39m
FERRANTE & TEICHER CAN CAN AND CONTINENTAL HOLIDAY CD COLLECTABLES 2001 US $3.50 [0 bids]
Genesis- I Can't Dance 3 Track CD Single US $7.18 Buy It Now 2h 49m
STEVE WINWOOD ' DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT THE NIGHT CAN DO ' PIC COVER 45 AUST PRESS US $3.61 [0 bids]
PETE SEEGER I CAN SEE A NEW DAY 763 US $10.99 Buy It Now 2h 51m

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Unlimited Edition ratings distribution

CAN Unlimited Edition reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars Generally I don't appreciate Odds & Ends record but this one should not really considered as such because the music on here should've really been put out on their respective studio album but were probably left out for time restrictions. This compilation is a must for Can fans but should not be used as an introduction for newcomers. The limited edition theoretically is entirely included in this one.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#23292) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 08, 2004

Review by Syzygy
4 stars All of Can's albums were recorded in their own studio, Inner Space, initially located in an old castle and subsequently in a disused cinema. When they weren't touring, they worked in the studio every day, with bassist Holger Czukay acting as producer and engineer. Their first few albums were recorded on 2-track equipment, and it was not until they were well established that multi track recording became available to them. Unlimited Edition is drawn from something like 7 years worth of work, some of it material left off mainstream releases, some of it work in progress, some of it apparently recorded for the band's own amusement and all of it fascinating.

Both of Can's lead vocalists, the American Malcolm Mooney and the Japanese Damo Suzuki, are represented on this album, and there is also plenty of instrumental work. Tracks 1 - 13 were originally released as Limited Edition a couple of years prior to this, and were combined with the remaining pieces to make an excellent value double album in 1976. Despite the hopping around betwen different line ups and different styles of music, the whole thing flows along almost seamlesly, largely because of the metronimically precise drumming of Jaki Liebezeit - no matter how far out Can went, their remarkable drummer always anchored them to the earth. The album also displays an eccentric sense of humour.The EFS (Ethnological Forgery Series) were Can's attempts at imitating various brands of world music at least a decade before the idea of world music even existed in the mainstream music industry. Not all of them work, but the sense of adventure and exploration is palpable Malcolm Mooney's darkly humorous lyrics and vocals on Mother Upduff and The Empress And The Ukraine King are also a fascinating glimpse behind the scenes. Cutaway is an 18 minute sound collage from 1968 that sees the band (particularly Czukay) fusing psychedelia with dub reggae, with some odd snippets of studio dialogue thrown in for good measure. The early years are more strongly represented, but the opening and closing tracks are good examples of the kind of icily beautiful music Can made after 1973.

This is not a great album for the Can newbie, but for anybody interested in Can or in German progressive music generally it's highly recommended.

Send comments to Syzygy (BETA) | Report this review (#23294) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 01, 2005

Review by Seyo
3 stars This expanded version of "Limited Edition" is pretty interesting collection of odds and ends between 1969-75. Of particular interest are early 1969 tracks recorded with Malcolm Mooney as vocalist - presumably leftovers from the "Monster Movie" sessions. "The Empress and the Ukraine King", "Mother Upduff", "Connection" and "Fall of Another Year" are excellent songs, most of them even quite accessible on the first listen. One can imagine how the debut would have sounded had these been included instead of, say, long and sometimes boring jam "Yoo Doo Right" - it might have been a better album, but let's not speculate too much! Of the later stuff noteworthy compositions are: somewhat spacey and ambient textures of Future Days- era "Gomorrha", ethnic-oriental flavour of "Transcendental Express" and "Ibis", a close cousin of "Dizzy Dizzy". The remaining stuff is more or less an issue for CAN completists but the overall estimation of "Unlimited Edition", given its high points described above, must be quite good. You will live a happy life if you never touch this album, but getting to know it a bit may add some nice spice to your ears.

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#59759) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 08, 2005

3 stars CAN were known for recording tons and tons of material in their own studios over the years. Often they would simply jam, improvise and experiment, but no matter what they were doing they usually recorded it all. This particular album is a collection of songs that didn't appear on any of their studio records. For me it's very hit and miss but for the CAN fanboy i'm sure this is essential.

"Gomorrah" is a standout track and I can see why it's the lead off track. Lots of atmosphere and this instrumental is experimental sounding. "Dokoe" is mainly a beat with Damo on vocals. Other highlights are "I'm Too Leise" with the percussion and flute-like sounds before bass, acoustic guitar and Damo's vocals join in. Organ later on.

"The Empress And The Ukraine King" is catchy with Malcom on vocals, sax 2 1/2 minutes in. "Mother Upduff" is cool with Malcom trelling a story as the music seems to get more tense as it plays out. "Cutaway" is by far the longest song at 17 minutes. "Connection" is better with Malcom singing. I like the guitar after a minute. "Fall Of Another Year" is classic Damo and the music to match. One of my favourites.

A good album but definitely for the die hard fan.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#255345) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars This intriguing collection of Can-dementia was actually my introduction to the band. Right back in the days when I only listened to symphonic prog (yes I once was innocent too). Needless to say I hated the guts out of this thing and stayed clear of all things Can for almost 10 more years. But for the initiated, this is quite an interesting collection of leftovers, brimming with ideas, sketches, creativity and, well, sheer madness.

This album presents Can's music in an embryonic state, with few of the pieces entirely developed, but that's exactly what makes it an interesting release and must-have for Can-ophiles, as they add interesting new sonic explorations, alternate takes and other useful additions to the known body of Can works. The 'Ethnological Forgery Series' being the obvious examples, showing experiments with world music reminding me slightly of Embryo. The opener 'Gomorrha' is one of the few fully formed Can tracks, a little cosmic masterpiece unique to their discography. Much of the songs with vocals are from the Malcolm Mooney years, which is a plus as far as I'm concerned. The 17 minute 'Cutaway' is a bit of a disappointment though.

I don't fancy all tracks here equally, but the mix of experimental successes as well as the failures is a big part of the charm of this release. Besides, since I digitalized my entire catalog this year, a playlist with 50 very strong minutes can be easily compiled from what's on offer here. You could say this is for fans only, but well, that's what many people think of the entire Can discography anyway. So 4 it is!

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#505686) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 19, 2011

Review by Warthur
3 stars An intriguing odds-and-sods collection from CAN, who arrange various snippets collected from the cutting room floor into a new album. Opening with the atmospheric Gomorrah, the album takes the listener through a bewildering variety of styles, ambushed at points by vocals from the departed Malcolm Mooney and Damo Suzuki. It's a fun enough experiment, though to be honest I find the world music-leaning side of krautrock (as represented by the likes of Embryo) to be the least interesting part of the genre, so I didn't get much out of the Ethnological Forgery series of tracks - and to be honest, you'd have to have very broad tastes indeed to enjoy this one from beginning to end.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#544340) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 06, 2011

5 stars LIMITED EDITION is my favorite CAN album by far. Many of most creative ideas from CAN's other work are expressed here without the baggage of trying to fit them into standard rock song format. If you enjoy CAN for their explorations into the avant-garde, then this is the album to seek out. Put ano ... (read more)

Report this review (#243274) | Posted by pkazee | Tuesday, October 06, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars In a sense, every album that CAN made was an "odds and ends" record. It's just that this one took a lot longer to put together than most of them. For me, CUTAWAY is CAN's masterpiece. As fine an example of sonic sculpture as will ever be heard, and to follow it with the utterly brilliant CONNE ... (read more)

Report this review (#35305) | Posted by | Sunday, June 05, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The sound of an era, the end of an era...German rock was a great invention, but Can was the first group ever to transcend its genre. This album seems a little experimental, but is a great collection of big, tribal touch. Like it or not, Can were miles ahead of other groups, like XTC + Stockhau ... (read more)

Report this review (#23293) | Posted by | Sunday, January 02, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Unlimited Edition "