UNLIMITED EDITION

2. Doko E (2:26)
3. LH 702 (2:11)
4. I'm Too Leise (5:10)
5. Musette (2:08)
6. Blue Bag (Inside Paper) (1:16)
7. Ethnological Forgery Series No. 27 (1:47)
8. TV Spot (3:02)
9. Ethnological Forgery Series No. 7 (1:05)
10. Empress And The Ukraine King (4:40)
11. Ethnological Forgery Series No. 10 (2:01)
12. Mother Upduff (4:28)
13. Ethnological Forgery Series No. 36 (1:55)
14. Cutaway (18:49)
15. Connection (2:20)
16. Fall Of Another Year (3:20)
17. Ethnological Forgery Series No. 8 (1:37)
18. Transcendental Express (4:37)
19. Ibis (5:00)

- Jaki Leibezeit / percussion, drums, Wind
- Malcolm Mooney / vocals
- Damo Suzuki / vocals

Lps-Spoon record-SPOON 023/24

and to Jimbo for the last updates

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Unlimited Edition Music

Vinyl$20.98
Monster MovieMonster Movie
Mute 2014
Vinyl$17.48
Can You Feel It? - Soul New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $31.19 Buy It Now 30m 3s
Karaoke CD+G - You Think You Can Sing? - New CD! Suspicious Minds, Fever, Home US $4.99 Buy It Now 30m 43s
Jazzy Jeff+Fresh Prince- Can't Wait To 12" Vinyl Single US $1.61 Buy It Now 31m 59s
NOS (PS) BREATHE...HOW CAN I FALL US $6.00 Buy It Now 32m 33s
DAVID CROSBY - Oh Yes I Can - 1989 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.26 Buy It Now 32m 40s
PETER JAY+JAYWALKERS:REDSKINS/CAN CAN '62:EX+ US $20.95 Buy It Now 32m 58s
Duchess of Idaho / You Can't Have Everything - Soundtrack LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 33m 24s
TAMMY WYNETTE---WE SURE CAN LOVE EACH OTHER (Misc $4.00 LP) US $4.00 Buy It Now 33m 27s
EUGENE BLACKNELL/EUG - WE CAN'T TAKE LIFE FOR GRANTED [REMASTER] - NEW CD US $9.93 Buy It Now 33m 35s
Olympic Runners - Get it while you can UK 12" single US $3.23 [0 bids]
34m 10s
Darts - Daddy Cool -The Girl Can't Help It 7" Single US $3.23 [0 bids]
35m 31s
LEO SAYER - More Than I Can Say - 1980 UK 7" Vinyl Single US $12.89 Buy It Now 35m 35s
You Just Can't Beat It: The Best of the Beat by The English Beat... *New CD* US $9.78 Buy It Now 36m 26s
NOS BREATHE...HOW CAN I FALL US $5.00 Buy It Now 37m 31s
Arbors: I can't quit her / A symphony for susan 7" 45rpm vinyl record 4c US $1.00 Buy It Now 37m 48s
Mammoth- Can't Take The Hurt 7"PicSlv US $4.00 Buy It Now 38m 10s
THE TYMES~GOD'S GONNA PUNISH YOU / IF I CAN'T MAKE YOU SMILE~RARE 1975 SOUL 1ST US $8.05 [0 bids]
38m 29s
Larry Williams 7" 45 PROMO HEAR NORTHERN SOUL Doing The Best I Can FANTASY 1977 US $8.00 Buy It Now 40m 9s
7A2 140623 used vinyl 7" TIFFANY RADIO ROMANCE - CAN'T STOP A HEARTBEAT US $5.99 [0 bids]
41m 25s
WANDA JACKSON & BILLY GRAY, You Can't Have My Love / Lovin' Country Style 45rpm US $27.00 Buy It Now 42m 3s
JACK HYLTON & ORCHESTRA Sweet Jennie Lee / If You Can't Sing 78 HMV 5962 US $20.95 Buy It Now 42m 28s
DooWop CD - Clusters 2000 - Darling Can't You Tell US $15.00 Buy It Now 42m 33s
(CD) DEAD CAN DANCE - 4AD 5 CD Box Set / PROMO US $130.00 Buy It Now 42m 47s
LONE JUSTICE ...SHELTER LP & 12" SINGLE Shelter / Belfry/ I Can't Look US $7.64 Buy It Now 43m 1s
CAN LIVE AT ASTON UNIVERSITY, BIRMINGHAM (new, coloured, ltd ed, LP) US $28.00 Buy It Now 43m 42s
THE BEATLES " CAN'T BUY ME LOVE " MUSART - 1st Press - VERY RARE MEXICAN 7'' US $59.50 Buy It Now 43m 47s
CD U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind US $1.99 Buy It Now 44m 22s
EXCELSIOR-Can We Get Some Satisfaction Up In This Piece US $7.49 Buy It Now 45m 22s
JOE WALSH you can't argue with a sick mind Japan MINI LP SHM-CD US $39.99 [1 bids]
45m 46s
"CAN-CAN" (OSTR) (M) (Capitol) US $12.99 Buy It Now 46m 12s
"CAN-CAN" (OSTR) (S) (Capitol) US $17.99 Buy It Now 46m 18s
"CAN-CAN" (Studiotrack) (S) (Coronet) US $8.99 Buy It Now 46m 24s
Steve Lawrence Eydie Gorme 45 Sentimental Me / You Can't Be True Dear EX US $2.00 Buy It Now 47m
Miles Davis Aebersold ?Volume 7 (Eight Jazz Originals You Can Play) SEALED!!!! US $7.99 [0 bids]
47m 5s
Into the Labyrinth by Dead Can Dance (CD, Sep-1993, 4AD (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
48m 7s
BOBBY VEE - I CAN'T SAY GOODBYE-PLEASE DON'T ASK ABOUT BARBARA US $6.95 Buy It Now 48m 17s
VARIOUS ARTISTS "Any Which Way You Can" (OSTR) (MINT CONDITION) US $10.99 Buy It Now 48m 32s
BARRY WHITE CAN'T GET ENOUGH RARE TURKEY PS 45 US $10.00 Buy It Now 48m 40s
Chris Cornell Can't Change Me Promo 7" Vinyl US $4.99 [0 bids]
49m 56s
Kylie ?- Can't Get You Out Of My Head (2001) UK Edition CD2 US $1.61 [0 bids]
50m 50s
RUTH BROWN 45 ATLANTIC White PROMO Jack O'Diamonds / Can't Hear A Word You Say US $19.99 Buy It Now 50m 51s
Kylie ?- Love at First Sight / Can't Get Blue Monday Out Of My Head CD (2002) US $1.61 [0 bids]
50m 51s
JERRY LEE LEWIS- Mint PROMO 45 Yellow Vinyl -I Can't Seem To Say Goodbye US $8.50 Buy It Now 51m 30s
NOS RAY STEVENS ..... CAN HE LOVE YOU HALF AS MUCH AS US $5.00 Buy It Now 52m 9s
what can i do / the tartans..7'' original merritone rocksteady rude boy tune US $80.64 [0 bids]
53m 14s
Trinere HOW CAN WE BE WRONG 3 Mix 12" 1986 US $5.94 Buy It Now 54m 22s
BEAT - YOU JUST CAN'T BEAT IT: BEST OF NEW CD US $15.97 Buy It Now 54m 50s
45 RECORD HERMAN'S HERMITS- CAN'T YOU HEARL MY HEARTBEAT US $1.99 Buy It Now 55m 21s
Rare NORTHERN JOHN & the WIERDEST-CAN'T GET OVER THESE US $4.82 [0 bids]
55m 37s
Garnett Silk - Nothing Can Divide Us CD US $9.00 Buy It Now 56m 15s
LEO ZERO-DISCONNECT / BRIAN ENO CAN PROPAGANDA BASEMENT 5 PROMO CD 2010 STRUT US $8.05 [0 bids]
56m 56s
Barry White 20th Century 45 Record #2120 VG+ Can't Get Enough Of Your Love Babe US $6.00 Buy It Now 57m 49s
LINDA RONSTADT - Get Closer / Sometimes You Just Can't Win - PROMO 1982 US $2.98 Buy It Now 58m 20s
Hollies [7"] Do The Best You Can *VG+* [Hansa; 14 093 AT] *1968* (Germany) RARE US $4.99 [0 bids]
58m 22s
VG++ RICK JAMES CAN'T STOP/OH WHAT A NIGHT 1985 45 RPM GORDY 1776GF US $3.98 Buy It Now 1h
Twenty 4 Seven - I Can't Stand It - DMC 7" Dance Vinyl Record Rave Single US $1.61 Buy It Now 1h
SHALADONS "WE CAN DO IT" KILLER NORTHERN SOUL KENT LISTEN! US $16.11 Buy It Now 1h
LOUIS CLARK Hooked on Classics II (Can't Stop The AFL1-4373 LP Ag6555 US $14.99 [0 bids]
1h
TERRY RAY BRADLEY: Can't Go Dancin' 45 rare Oldies US $140.00 Buy It Now 1h
Can't Fight Fate, Taylor Dayne, very Good US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
DIANA ROSS - We Can Never Light That Old Flame Again - FUNK SOUL 45 - Promo US $10.49 Buy It Now 1h 2m
PHILLY DEVOTIONS I Just Can't Say Goodbye - Vocal/Instrumental COLUMBIA 10076 NM US $4.99 [0 bids]
JOHN BALDRY Iko Iko/You Can't Judge a Book by the Cover ROD STEWART Elton John US $6.99 [0 bids]
CHUCK BERRY You Never Can Tell/ Brenda Lee CHESS 1908 VG++ US $8.99 [1 bids]
Hear SOLID GROUND You Can Close Your Eyes/ I Believe In You PROD: CARL EDMONDSON US $3.99 [0 bids]
Can't Stay Away [PA] by Too Short ft Puff Daddy Jay-z Eightball US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Nicolai Dunger : Heres My Song You Can... CD (2004) US $4.76 Buy It Now 1h 3m
JIMMY HELMS - Gonna Make You An Offer You Can't Refuse / Words And Music US $1.61 [0 bids]
THE GENTRYS - HEAR I T- 1967 DJ - I CAN SEE / 90 POUND WEAKLING US $6.99 [0 bids]
HERMAN'S HERMITS: I CAN TAKE OR LEAVE YOUR LOVING 1967 Single COLUMBIA DB 8327 US $1.53 [0 bids]
ANDY BURROWS BECAUSE I KNOW THAT I CAN PROMOTIONAL CD SINGLE IN CARD SLEEVE NEW! US $3.21 [0 bids]
MAZE FEAT. FRANKIE BEVERLY - CAN'T STOP THE LOVE, LP US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 4m
SAGITTARIUS, I Still Can See Your Face / I Guess The Lord Must Be In NYC 45rpm US $29.00 Buy It Now 1h 5m
PAUL JONES: HIGH TIME / I CAN'T HOLD ON MUCH LONGER 1966 Single HMV POP 1554 US $1.53 [0 bids]
*listen* EDDY GRANT - TIME WARP / CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOU 12" 1981 US $12.89 Buy It Now 1h 5m
WEST COAST HAREM COSMIC FUNK - CAN'T STAND THE PAIN 12" SINGLE $1 BARGAIN BIN US $1.00 Buy It Now 1h 6m
BILLY WALLACE: I Can't Run Away / That Old Love Of Yours 45 (#ol) rare Rockabil US $75.00 Buy It Now 1h 6m
youngTEE 5 Track CD EP GET DEEPER Roland Clark / Lewisham 92 / Can't Stop 2013 US $9.68 [0 bids]
Uffie - MCs Can Kiss Promo CD Single US $5.39 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Lewis Ephraim It Can't Be Forever Cd Single US $8.86 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Foreigner - Can't Slow Down (AOR,MHR, Ear Music 2010, Card Sleeve Promo, H.E.A.T US $2.40 [0 bids]
DETROIT featuring MITCH RYDER I Can't See Nobody M/M Promo PARAMOUNT 0051 US $7.67 [0 bids]
THE LEW TABACKIN QUARTET WHAT A LITTLE MOONLIGHT CAN DO CONCORD GERMANY 1ST CD US $13.99 [0 bids]
60 House Trance Techno Vinyl Records 12" - DJ, CDJ, 1000, 1210, Tiesto, Guetta 1 US $11.28 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Ken Griffin You Can't Be True Dear 78 Rpm US $14.50 Buy It Now 1h 9m
MAZE CAN'T STOP THE LOVE - 33 - LP RECORD - 1985 US $1.63 [0 bids]
THE LOVING SISTERS/GLADYS GIVENS Who Can Ask For More/Honest Prayer PEACOCK 1865 US $7.67 [0 bids]
Can-can: Original Soundtrack.Frank Sinatra / Shirley macLaine.Vinyl.Very Good US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
VILLAGE PEOPLE Can't Stop The Music - 1980 UK injection moulded 7" vinyl single US $16.11 Buy It Now 1h 12m
THE JACKS & JILLS Red Dog (it's a rockin' dance)/I Can't Forget MGM 12671 US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 13m
THE MIGHTY DIAMONDS ~ I JUST CAN'T FIGURE OUT ~ ATTACK UK 1975 NM CON US $40.31 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Gospel album The Brotherhood " I Can Feel His Presence " US $5.00 [0 bids]
THE DEATH SET - CAN YOU SEEN STRAIGHT - SEALED- PROMO-CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Love Affair 7" 45 HEAR HARD ROCK Mama Sez RADIO RECORDS 1980 Can't Get Enough US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 13m
ROY ORBISON - CRAWLING BACK / IF YOU CAN SAY SOMETHING NICE - M-G-M 45RPM (1965) US $4.75 [2 bids]
PAUL YOUNG: OTHER VOICES [Heaven Can Wait,Stop On By,A Little Bit of Love++] US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
THE CONCRETES You Can't Hurry Love (CD Single Enhanced) Free Ride/Under Leaves US $1.11 [0 bids]
DEAD CAN DANCE - SPIRITCHASER (REISSUE) NEW CD US $19.57 Buy It Now 1h 14m
CHRIS DIFFORD - CASHMERE IF YOU CAN NEW CD US $19.94 Buy It Now 1h 14m
WILSON PICKETT - I CAN'T STOP - NEW CD US $5.88 Buy It Now 1h 16m

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Unlimited Edition ratings distribution

CAN Unlimited Edition reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars Generally I don't appreciate Odds & Ends record but this one should not really considered as such because the music on here should've really been put out on their respective studio album but were probably left out for time restrictions. This compilation is a must for Can fans but should not be used as an introduction for newcomers. The limited edition theoretically is entirely included in this one.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#23292) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 08, 2004

Review by Syzygy
4 stars All of Can's albums were recorded in their own studio, Inner Space, initially located in an old castle and subsequently in a disused cinema. When they weren't touring, they worked in the studio every day, with bassist Holger Czukay acting as producer and engineer. Their first few albums were recorded on 2-track equipment, and it was not until they were well established that multi track recording became available to them. Unlimited Edition is drawn from something like 7 years worth of work, some of it material left off mainstream releases, some of it work in progress, some of it apparently recorded for the band's own amusement and all of it fascinating.

Both of Can's lead vocalists, the American Malcolm Mooney and the Japanese Damo Suzuki, are represented on this album, and there is also plenty of instrumental work. Tracks 1 - 13 were originally released as Limited Edition a couple of years prior to this, and were combined with the remaining pieces to make an excellent value double album in 1976. Despite the hopping around betwen different line ups and different styles of music, the whole thing flows along almost seamlesly, largely because of the metronimically precise drumming of Jaki Liebezeit - no matter how far out Can went, their remarkable drummer always anchored them to the earth. The album also displays an eccentric sense of humour.The EFS (Ethnological Forgery Series) were Can's attempts at imitating various brands of world music at least a decade before the idea of world music even existed in the mainstream music industry. Not all of them work, but the sense of adventure and exploration is palpable Malcolm Mooney's darkly humorous lyrics and vocals on Mother Upduff and The Empress And The Ukraine King are also a fascinating glimpse behind the scenes. Cutaway is an 18 minute sound collage from 1968 that sees the band (particularly Czukay) fusing psychedelia with dub reggae, with some odd snippets of studio dialogue thrown in for good measure. The early years are more strongly represented, but the opening and closing tracks are good examples of the kind of icily beautiful music Can made after 1973.

This is not a great album for the Can newbie, but for anybody interested in Can or in German progressive music generally it's highly recommended.

Send comments to Syzygy (BETA) | Report this review (#23294) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 01, 2005

Review by Seyo
3 stars This expanded version of "Limited Edition" is pretty interesting collection of odds and ends between 1969-75. Of particular interest are early 1969 tracks recorded with Malcolm Mooney as vocalist - presumably leftovers from the "Monster Movie" sessions. "The Empress and the Ukraine King", "Mother Upduff", "Connection" and "Fall of Another Year" are excellent songs, most of them even quite accessible on the first listen. One can imagine how the debut would have sounded had these been included instead of, say, long and sometimes boring jam "Yoo Doo Right" - it might have been a better album, but let's not speculate too much! Of the later stuff noteworthy compositions are: somewhat spacey and ambient textures of Future Days- era "Gomorrha", ethnic-oriental flavour of "Transcendental Express" and "Ibis", a close cousin of "Dizzy Dizzy". The remaining stuff is more or less an issue for CAN completists but the overall estimation of "Unlimited Edition", given its high points described above, must be quite good. You will live a happy life if you never touch this album, but getting to know it a bit may add some nice spice to your ears.

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#59759) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 08, 2005

3 stars CAN were known for recording tons and tons of material in their own studios over the years. Often they would simply jam, improvise and experiment, but no matter what they were doing they usually recorded it all. This particular album is a collection of songs that didn't appear on any of their studio records. For me it's very hit and miss but for the CAN fanboy i'm sure this is essential.

"Gomorrah" is a standout track and I can see why it's the lead off track. Lots of atmosphere and this instrumental is experimental sounding. "Dokoe" is mainly a beat with Damo on vocals. Other highlights are "I'm Too Leise" with the percussion and flute-like sounds before bass, acoustic guitar and Damo's vocals join in. Organ later on.

"The Empress And The Ukraine King" is catchy with Malcom on vocals, sax 2 1/2 minutes in. "Mother Upduff" is cool with Malcom trelling a story as the music seems to get more tense as it plays out. "Cutaway" is by far the longest song at 17 minutes. "Connection" is better with Malcom singing. I like the guitar after a minute. "Fall Of Another Year" is classic Damo and the music to match. One of my favourites.

A good album but definitely for the die hard fan.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#255345) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars This intriguing collection of Can-dementia was actually my introduction to the band. Right back in the days when I only listened to symphonic prog (yes I once was innocent too). Needless to say I hated the guts out of this thing and stayed clear of all things Can for almost 10 more years. But for the initiated, this is quite an interesting collection of leftovers, brimming with ideas, sketches, creativity and, well, sheer madness.

This album presents Can's music in an embryonic state, with few of the pieces entirely developed, but that's exactly what makes it an interesting release and must-have for Can-ophiles, as they add interesting new sonic explorations, alternate takes and other useful additions to the known body of Can works. The 'Ethnological Forgery Series' being the obvious examples, showing experiments with world music reminding me slightly of Embryo. The opener 'Gomorrha' is one of the few fully formed Can tracks, a little cosmic masterpiece unique to their discography. Much of the songs with vocals are from the Malcolm Mooney years, which is a plus as far as I'm concerned. The 17 minute 'Cutaway' is a bit of a disappointment though.

I don't fancy all tracks here equally, but the mix of experimental successes as well as the failures is a big part of the charm of this release. Besides, since I digitalized my entire catalog this year, a playlist with 50 very strong minutes can be easily compiled from what's on offer here. You could say this is for fans only, but well, that's what many people think of the entire Can discography anyway. So 4 it is!

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#505686) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 19, 2011

Review by Warthur
3 stars An intriguing odds-and-sods collection from CAN, who arrange various snippets collected from the cutting room floor into a new album. Opening with the atmospheric Gomorrah, the album takes the listener through a bewildering variety of styles, ambushed at points by vocals from the departed Malcolm Mooney and Damo Suzuki. It's a fun enough experiment, though to be honest I find the world music-leaning side of krautrock (as represented by the likes of Embryo) to be the least interesting part of the genre, so I didn't get much out of the Ethnological Forgery series of tracks - and to be honest, you'd have to have very broad tastes indeed to enjoy this one from beginning to end.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#544340) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 06, 2011

5 stars LIMITED EDITION is my favorite CAN album by far. Many of most creative ideas from CAN's other work are expressed here without the baggage of trying to fit them into standard rock song format. If you enjoy CAN for their explorations into the avant-garde, then this is the album to seek out. Put ano ... (read more)

Report this review (#243274) | Posted by pkazee | Tuesday, October 06, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars In a sense, every album that CAN made was an "odds and ends" record. It's just that this one took a lot longer to put together than most of them. For me, CUTAWAY is CAN's masterpiece. As fine an example of sonic sculpture as will ever be heard, and to follow it with the utterly brilliant CONNE ... (read more)

Report this review (#35305) | Posted by | Sunday, June 05, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The sound of an era, the end of an era...German rock was a great invention, but Can was the first group ever to transcend its genre. This album seems a little experimental, but is a great collection of big, tribal touch. Like it or not, Can were miles ahead of other groups, like XTC + Stockhau ... (read more)

Report this review (#23293) | Posted by | Sunday, January 02, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Unlimited Edition "