UNLIMITED EDITION

2. Doko E (2:26)
3. LH 702 (2:11)
4. I'm Too Leise (5:10)
5. Musette (2:08)
6. Blue Bag (Inside Paper) (1:16)
7. Ethnological Forgery Series No. 27 (1:47)
8. TV Spot (3:02)
9. Ethnological Forgery Series No. 7 (1:05)
10. Empress And The Ukraine King (4:40)
11. Ethnological Forgery Series No. 10 (2:01)
12. Mother Upduff (4:28)
13. Ethnological Forgery Series No. 36 (1:55)
14. Cutaway (18:49)
15. Connection (2:20)
16. Fall Of Another Year (3:20)
17. Ethnological Forgery Series No. 8 (1:37)
18. Transcendental Express (4:37)
19. Ibis (5:00)

- Jaki Leibezeit / percussion, drums, Wind
- Malcolm Mooney / vocals
- Damo Suzuki / vocals

Lps-Spoon record-SPOON 023/24

and to Jimbo for the last updates

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Unlimited Edition Music

Remastered
Mute 2012
Monster MovieMonster Movie
Vinyl$17.49
ROD STEWART "I Can't Deny It" Rare 2001 Aust Mint OOP Warner Music CD Single US $13.09 [0 bids]
31m 19s
I CAN'T GO ON THIS WAY - Tyrone Davis (LP-5983) US $12.86 Buy It Now 32m 45s
All That You Can't Leave Behind by U2 (CD, Oct-2000, Interscope (USA)) US $4.99 Buy It Now 32m 52s
UFO "Only You Can Rock Me" 7" RARE Red Vinyl (UK Press) Schenker Frisbee Offer US $15.12 [0 bids]
33m 41s
DAVID ROTH - IF YOU CAN'T FLY - NEW CD US $9.03 Buy It Now 38m 6s
7" Vinyl Record, Dan Hartman, I can Dream about You / Instant Replay, mca988 US $3.53 Buy It Now 38m 58s
MATT SCHOFIELD - FAR AS I CAN SEE LTD DIGIPACK CD MINT/BRAND NEW US $11.27 [0 bids]
41m 2s
Johnny Thunders - You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory (2002) 3CD Box Set US $24.13 Buy It Now 41m 15s
Hummingbird 45 "For The Children's Sake" / You Can Keep The Money" VG++ US $4.49 Buy It Now 41m 32s
ANTHONY TERESI - YOU CAN SEE FOREVER (768707701124) - NEW CD US $17.38 Buy It Now 44m
AZZIDO DA BASS FT ROLAND CLARK - SPEED (CAN YOU FEEL IT?) 12" RECORD / VINYL US $4.81 Buy It Now 45m 40s
Elvis Presley Rock-A-Hula Baby(Twist Special) / Can't Help Falling 1961 7" US $16.05 Buy It Now 46m 7s
The Beat - Can't Get Used To Losing You - 7" Vinyl US $3.22 [0 bids]
47m 40s
7" Vinyl Record, Jimmy Nail, Aint no doubt / what can I say, yz686 US $3.53 Buy It Now 48m 17s
U2 ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND CD ALBUM NEW/MINT US $9.64 Buy It Now 52m 10s
GEORDIE (FEATURING BRIAN JOHNSON OF AC/DC) CAN YOU DO IT CASSETTE TAPE BRAND NEW US $26.22 Buy It Now 52m 53s
AL KING: I Can't Understand 45 Soul US $10.00 Buy It Now 54m 9s
Jackson Hawke: You Can't Dance / Into The Mystic 7" 45 VG++ Canada Columbia US $19.99 Buy It Now 56m 14s
SILK " I CAN GO DEEP " 5 MIXES QUIET STORM ,HI-FIVE US $8.05 Buy It Now 56m 17s
Blonde Redhead " Fake Can Be Just As Good" 1997 UK 1st ISSUE US $19.30 Buy It Now 56m 34s
JIMMY HELMS..GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CAN`T REFUSE..VERY GOOD CUBE SOUL 7" US $6.42 Buy It Now 56m 36s
RENDIS FREDERIC - can't dream (1993) - JAPAN CD - NEW US $19.99 Buy It Now 58m 50s
Jerry Lee Lewis: Tomorrow's Taking Baby Away / He Can't Fill My Shoes 7" 45 VG++ US $4.99 Buy It Now 58m 59s
Bak2Bassiks Feat Mona Lisa I Can Feel Desire Cd Single US $6.42 Buy It Now 1h
the Aztecs ?- World Of Woe/ Why Can't You Tell Me 7" Sundazed Blue Vinyl Garage US $14.49 Buy It Now 1h 2m
ash - You Can't Have It All - Japan CD+2BONUS - NEW US $10.90 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Michael Jackson - I Just Can't Stop Loving You 1987 7" Ex/Vg Epic 650202.. US $4.81 Buy It Now 1h 3m
LADY WINTER The Rain Can't Be Forever (CD, 2007) Gothic Metal US $10.70 Buy It Now 1h 4m
David Crosby - 2 CDs - If I Could Only Remember My Name & Oh Yes I Can US $14.00 [0 bids]
Master P - Only God Can Judge Me (Cassette) Russia SEALED US $16.50 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Bee Gees : Stayin' Alive - If I Can't have You : RSO : 2090 267 US $4.49 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Lou Reed,Sally Can't Dance, german reissue, RCA, vinyl (EX), cover (VG++) US $12.99 [0 bids]
CAN - Soon Over Babaluma (reissue) - LP US $32.36 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Bryan Adams: Can't Stop This Thing We Started 7" 45 NM USA A&M 75021 1576 7 US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
SEASICK STEVE You Can't Teach An Old Dog New Tricks Vinyl LP NEW US $27.29 Buy It Now 1h 13m
CAN..I WANT MORE..VERY GOOD 1976 VIRGIN LABEL SOUL / FUNK 7"..VS 153 US $4.81 Buy It Now 1h 14m
P!NK PINK CAN'T TAKE ME HOME CD JAPAN OBI Out Of Press US $18.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
CLEARLAKE - CAN'T FEEL A THING - RARE 3-TRACK UK PROMO CD SINGLE On 'Domino' US $1.59 [0 bids]
LISTEN - RNB POPCORN - BETTY EVERETT - CAN I GET TO KNOW YOU - I CAN'T HEAR YOU US $7.99 [0 bids]
Hank Thompson 45 How Cold Hearted Can You Get/It's Better To Have Loved A Little US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
LORRAINE CHANDLER I Can't Hold On > NEW NORTHERN SOUL 45 (PIED PIPER) 7" VINYL US $17.69 Buy It Now 1h 21m
LES BAXTER & ORCHESTRA-TANGO OF THE DRUMS/IF YOU CAN DREAM-7" Vinyl US $6.42 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Rod Stewart Can I Get A Witness Picture Record/Import(Germany) US $30.00 [0 bids]
LAWSON & 4 MORE - SMART BIRD/IF YOU WANT ME YOU CAN FIND ME (UK) NEW VINYL US $23.09 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Hard-Fi - Can't Get Along (Without You) - Single track US $6.42 Buy It Now 1h 27m
EDDIE MONEY Can't Hold Back b on Cassette Tape US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
THE WEBB BROTHERS - I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE GONE (1 TRK PROMO CD SINGLE) (REF D7) US $8.03 Buy It Now 1h 29m
MADONNA You Can Dance on Cassette Tape US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 29m
You Can Tune a Piano, But You Can't Tuna Fish by REO Speedwagon (CD, Epic (USA)) US $2.90 [1 bids]
Jakko "I Can't Stand The Pressure" Rare STIFF Oz 7" US $5.25 Buy It Now 1h 30m
GENESIS We Can't Dance b on Cassette Tape US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
GENESIS We Can't Dance on Cassette Tape US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Bach: Double and Triple Concertos, BWV, 1060-1064 - Camerata Bern; Serkin; Can.. US $29.86 Buy It Now 1h 31m
DON HENLEY I Can't Stand Still on Cassette Tape US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 33m
(AL455) Ben Dalby, Doctor Can - DJ CD US $3.94 Buy It Now 1h 34m
REO SPEEDWAGON You can Tune A Piano But You Can't Tuna Fish on Cassette Tape US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 35m
JIMMY HELMS GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CAN'T REFUSE BUG27 7" VINYL RECORD EX 31 US $6.42 Buy It Now 1h 38m
LISTEN - SOUL POPCORN - AARON NEVILLE - YOU CAN GIVE BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE - WHERE US $7.99 [0 bids]
UTAH SAINTS - WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR ME (6 TRK US CD) (REF D7) US $16.08 Buy It Now 1h 39m
RUFFIN, DAVID - WALK AWAY FROM LOVE / LOVE CAN BE HAZARDOUS VINYL 7" SINGLE US $1.61 [0 bids]
GENESIS We Can't Dance c on Cassette Tape US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
EVERY MOTHER'S NIGHTMARE Love Can Make You Blind Single on Cassette Tape US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
THE JUDDS Love Can Build A Bridge a on Cassette Tape US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
UB40 Can't Help Falling In Love Cassette Single on Cassette Tape US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
THE JUDDS Love Can Build A Bridge b on Cassette Tape US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
WINGER Can't Get Enuff Cassette Single on Cassette Tape US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
RIDES Can't Get Enough 180G Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED US $28.90 Buy It Now 1h 40m
STYLISTICS -7"Single -Can't Help Falling In Love (EX+) US $11.25 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Gloria Gaynor - Never Can Say Goodbye - CDBBR0001 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Vintage 78 "Harry James "Nina" "Can't Run Away from Love" COLUMBIA 38152 US $6.63 Buy It Now 1h 44m
LISTEN - POPCORN - THE CORONADOS - EAGLES CAN'T FLY - TAKE MY HAND US $4.99 [0 bids]
Jason Donovan "Nothing Can Divide Us" NEIGHBOURS PS 7" US $8.75 Buy It Now 1h 48m
WHO CAN I TURN TO? 60s Sheet music LESLIE BRICUSE & ANTHONY NEWLEY US $12.88 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Suede - Can't Get Enough - Scarce UK 10 track 3CD set US $16.08 Buy It Now 1h 49m
U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind (2000) - Digipack US $8.03 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa - You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Vol 1. Japan Mint CD. Promo. US $32.18 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa - You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Vol 3. Japan Mint CD. Promo. US $32.18 [0 bids]
DARTS 7" VINYL P/S CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOUR LOVE ROCKABILLY MAG 156 US $4.72 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Frank Zappa - You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Vol 4. Japan Mint CD. Promo. US $32.18 [0 bids]
Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Out Of My Head - music cd EP US $6.36 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Frank Zappa - You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Vol 5. Japan Mint CD. Promo. US $32.18 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa - You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Vol 6. Japan Mint CD. Promo. US $32.18 [0 bids]
XSCAPE - WHO CAN I RUN TO (4 TRK CD SINGLE) (REF D7) US $6.42 Buy It Now 1h 58m
MUDDY WATERS ~ I CAN'T BE SATISFIED - 4CD SET w 6 pp BOOKLET - QUADROMANIA US $16.08 Buy It Now 2h
GENE AMMONS ~ YOU CAN DEPEND ON ME -4CDs w 6 pp BOOKLET - QUADROMANIA US $16.08 Buy It Now 2h
Van Halen Can't Stop Lovin You Cassette Tape Single US $2.41 Buy It Now 2h
QUATRO, SUZI - IF YOU CAN'T GIVE ME LOVE / CREAM DREAM VINYL 7" SINGLE US $1.61 [0 bids]
2h
Stiff Sounds Can't Stop Dancin Vinyl Album See Discription US $3.20 Buy It Now 2h 2m
FLOWERS / CAN'T HELP MYSELF 1980 REGULAR RECORDS US $5.25 Buy It Now 2h 3m
LP JERRY LEE LEWIS - CAN'T SEEM TO SAY GOODBYE (1962-63) RECORD 12 US $6.00 [0 bids]
The Vamps - Can We Dance - 3753693 US $6.89 Buy It Now 2h 5m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - THE BEATLES - WE CAN WORK IT OUT - R5389 US $11.25 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Fat Joe Bet Ya Man Can't b/w Dat Gangsta Sh** prod by DJ PREMIER 12" Hip Hop US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Bobbie Gentry But I Can't Get Back Marigolds & Tangerines SAMPLE 7'' Exclt OZ US $17.42 Buy It Now 2h 7m
MICHAEL JACKSON-I JUST CAN'T STOP-DUTCH PS 45rpm 1987 US $18.00 Buy It Now 2h 10m
CAN-CAN - Cast Recording - Excellent Condition LP Record Filelio TLA 9082 US $12.86 Buy It Now 2h 10m
MEL TORME' I CAN'T GIVE YOU ANYTHING BUT LOVE US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 10m
BON JOVI WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GO HOME RARE ORIG OFFICIAL UK RECORD COMPANY POSTER US $12.86 Buy It Now 2h 11m
MICHAEL JACKSON - THE JACKSONS CAN YOU FEEL IT CD PROMOTIONAL SONY MUSIC BRAZIL US $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
SHARKEY, FEARGAL - LISTEN TO YOUR FATHER / CAN I SAY I LOVE YOU VINYL 7" SINGLE US $1.61 [0 bids]

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Unlimited Edition ratings distribution

CAN Unlimited Edition reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars Generally I don't appreciate Odds & Ends record but this one should not really considered as such because the music on here should've really been put out on their respective studio album but were probably left out for time restrictions. This compilation is a must for Can fans but should not be used as an introduction for newcomers. The limited edition theoretically is entirely included in this one.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#23292) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 08, 2004

Review by Syzygy
4 stars All of Can's albums were recorded in their own studio, Inner Space, initially located in an old castle and subsequently in a disused cinema. When they weren't touring, they worked in the studio every day, with bassist Holger Czukay acting as producer and engineer. Their first few albums were recorded on 2-track equipment, and it was not until they were well established that multi track recording became available to them. Unlimited Edition is drawn from something like 7 years worth of work, some of it material left off mainstream releases, some of it work in progress, some of it apparently recorded for the band's own amusement and all of it fascinating.

Both of Can's lead vocalists, the American Malcolm Mooney and the Japanese Damo Suzuki, are represented on this album, and there is also plenty of instrumental work. Tracks 1 - 13 were originally released as Limited Edition a couple of years prior to this, and were combined with the remaining pieces to make an excellent value double album in 1976. Despite the hopping around betwen different line ups and different styles of music, the whole thing flows along almost seamlesly, largely because of the metronimically precise drumming of Jaki Liebezeit - no matter how far out Can went, their remarkable drummer always anchored them to the earth. The album also displays an eccentric sense of humour.The EFS (Ethnological Forgery Series) were Can's attempts at imitating various brands of world music at least a decade before the idea of world music even existed in the mainstream music industry. Not all of them work, but the sense of adventure and exploration is palpable Malcolm Mooney's darkly humorous lyrics and vocals on Mother Upduff and The Empress And The Ukraine King are also a fascinating glimpse behind the scenes. Cutaway is an 18 minute sound collage from 1968 that sees the band (particularly Czukay) fusing psychedelia with dub reggae, with some odd snippets of studio dialogue thrown in for good measure. The early years are more strongly represented, but the opening and closing tracks are good examples of the kind of icily beautiful music Can made after 1973.

This is not a great album for the Can newbie, but for anybody interested in Can or in German progressive music generally it's highly recommended.

Send comments to Syzygy (BETA) | Report this review (#23294) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 01, 2005

Review by Seyo
3 stars This expanded version of "Limited Edition" is pretty interesting collection of odds and ends between 1969-75. Of particular interest are early 1969 tracks recorded with Malcolm Mooney as vocalist - presumably leftovers from the "Monster Movie" sessions. "The Empress and the Ukraine King", "Mother Upduff", "Connection" and "Fall of Another Year" are excellent songs, most of them even quite accessible on the first listen. One can imagine how the debut would have sounded had these been included instead of, say, long and sometimes boring jam "Yoo Doo Right" - it might have been a better album, but let's not speculate too much! Of the later stuff noteworthy compositions are: somewhat spacey and ambient textures of Future Days- era "Gomorrha", ethnic-oriental flavour of "Transcendental Express" and "Ibis", a close cousin of "Dizzy Dizzy". The remaining stuff is more or less an issue for CAN completists but the overall estimation of "Unlimited Edition", given its high points described above, must be quite good. You will live a happy life if you never touch this album, but getting to know it a bit may add some nice spice to your ears.

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#59759) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 08, 2005

3 stars CAN were known for recording tons and tons of material in their own studios over the years. Often they would simply jam, improvise and experiment, but no matter what they were doing they usually recorded it all. This particular album is a collection of songs that didn't appear on any of their studio records. For me it's very hit and miss but for the CAN fanboy i'm sure this is essential.

"Gomorrah" is a standout track and I can see why it's the lead off track. Lots of atmosphere and this instrumental is experimental sounding. "Dokoe" is mainly a beat with Damo on vocals. Other highlights are "I'm Too Leise" with the percussion and flute-like sounds before bass, acoustic guitar and Damo's vocals join in. Organ later on.

"The Empress And The Ukraine King" is catchy with Malcom on vocals, sax 2 1/2 minutes in. "Mother Upduff" is cool with Malcom trelling a story as the music seems to get more tense as it plays out. "Cutaway" is by far the longest song at 17 minutes. "Connection" is better with Malcom singing. I like the guitar after a minute. "Fall Of Another Year" is classic Damo and the music to match. One of my favourites.

A good album but definitely for the die hard fan.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#255345) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars This intriguing collection of Can-dementia was actually my introduction to the band. Right back in the days when I only listened to symphonic prog (yes I once was innocent too). Needless to say I hated the guts out of this thing and stayed clear of all things Can for almost 10 more years. But for the initiated, this is quite an interesting collection of leftovers, brimming with ideas, sketches, creativity and, well, sheer madness.

This album presents Can's music in an embryonic state, with few of the pieces entirely developed, but that's exactly what makes it an interesting release and must-have for Can-ophiles, as they add interesting new sonic explorations, alternate takes and other useful additions to the known body of Can works. The 'Ethnological Forgery Series' being the obvious examples, showing experiments with world music reminding me slightly of Embryo. The opener 'Gomorrha' is one of the few fully formed Can tracks, a little cosmic masterpiece unique to their discography. Much of the songs with vocals are from the Malcolm Mooney years, which is a plus as far as I'm concerned. The 17 minute 'Cutaway' is a bit of a disappointment though.

I don't fancy all tracks here equally, but the mix of experimental successes as well as the failures is a big part of the charm of this release. Besides, since I digitalized my entire catalog this year, a playlist with 50 very strong minutes can be easily compiled from what's on offer here. You could say this is for fans only, but well, that's what many people think of the entire Can discography anyway. So 4 it is!

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#505686) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 19, 2011

Review by Warthur
3 stars An intriguing odds-and-sods collection from CAN, who arrange various snippets collected from the cutting room floor into a new album. Opening with the atmospheric Gomorrah, the album takes the listener through a bewildering variety of styles, ambushed at points by vocals from the departed Malcolm Mooney and Damo Suzuki. It's a fun enough experiment, though to be honest I find the world music-leaning side of krautrock (as represented by the likes of Embryo) to be the least interesting part of the genre, so I didn't get much out of the Ethnological Forgery series of tracks - and to be honest, you'd have to have very broad tastes indeed to enjoy this one from beginning to end.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#544340) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 06, 2011

5 stars LIMITED EDITION is my favorite CAN album by far. Many of most creative ideas from CAN's other work are expressed here without the baggage of trying to fit them into standard rock song format. If you enjoy CAN for their explorations into the avant-garde, then this is the album to seek out. Put ano ... (read more)

Report this review (#243274) | Posted by pkazee | Tuesday, October 06, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars In a sense, every album that CAN made was an "odds and ends" record. It's just that this one took a lot longer to put together than most of them. For me, CUTAWAY is CAN's masterpiece. As fine an example of sonic sculpture as will ever be heard, and to follow it with the utterly brilliant CONNE ... (read more)

Report this review (#35305) | Posted by | Sunday, June 05, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The sound of an era, the end of an era...German rock was a great invention, but Can was the first group ever to transcend its genre. This album seems a little experimental, but is a great collection of big, tribal touch. Like it or not, Can were miles ahead of other groups, like XTC + Stockhau ... (read more)

Report this review (#23293) | Posted by | Sunday, January 02, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Unlimited Edition "