UNLIMITED EDITION

2. Doko E (2:26)
3. LH 702 (2:11)
4. I'm Too Leise (5:10)
5. Musette (2:08)
6. Blue Bag (Inside Paper) (1:16)
7. Ethnological Forgery Series No. 27 (1:47)
8. TV Spot (3:02)
9. Ethnological Forgery Series No. 7 (1:05)
10. Empress And The Ukraine King (4:40)
11. Ethnological Forgery Series No. 10 (2:01)
12. Mother Upduff (4:28)
13. Ethnological Forgery Series No. 36 (1:55)
14. Cutaway (18:49)
15. Connection (2:20)
16. Fall Of Another Year (3:20)
17. Ethnological Forgery Series No. 8 (1:37)
18. Transcendental Express (4:37)
19. Ibis (5:00)

- Jaki Leibezeit / percussion, drums, Wind
- Malcolm Mooney / vocals
- Damo Suzuki / vocals

Lps-Spoon record-SPOON 023/24

and to Jimbo for the last updates

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Unlimited Edition Music

Monster MovieMonster Movie
Vinyl$17.49
Lost TapesLost Tapes
Mute 2012
SEALED RARE NEW WAVE HITS OF THE 80s JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH VOL. 6 !!! US $24.99 [0 bids]
29m 47s
STEELY DAN Rare Lp CAN'T BUY A THRILL Original ABC Lbl VG++ Beauty! US $11.95 Buy It Now 30m 2s
New - You Can Do It If You Try by Bingo & Molly Music CD, Mar-1998, Kid Rhino US $8.99 Buy It Now 30m 16s
EDDIE HOLMAN-c-(45)-THIS CAN'T BE TRUE / A FREE COUNTRY - PARKWAY RECORDS - 1965 US $8.99 Buy It Now 30m 27s
DON HENLEY Rare Vinyl Lp I CAN'T STAND STILL Hype Sticker Shrink 1982 Beauty! US $12.95 Buy It Now 31m 24s
BUSTA RHYMES PUT YOUR HANDS WHERE MY EYES CAN SEE CASSETTE SINGLE US $1.61 [0 bids]
31m 53s
All the Pain Money Can Buy, Fastball, Good US $3.99 Buy It Now 34m 42s
CHRISTIAN~S/T 1972 CAN-BASE LP~G/F RARE HARD PSYCH PROG~PLAYS GREAT! US $45.00 [0 bids]
36m 19s
Beatles, The - Day Tripper/We Can Work It Out (45, Recorded In England) US $3.75 Buy It Now 37m
BARRY WHITE Can't Get Enough LP SEALED 180g - gatefold US $25.38 Buy It Now 38m 1s
Love Can Carry by Steve Gatlin (CD,1993,Intersound Christian Music) US $1.56 Buy It Now 39m 39s
5 Satins-When the SwallowsComeBack toCapistrano/Fireflies-I Can't Say Goodbye-45 US $2.99 [0 bids]
40m 1s
The Vamps Can We Dance (New CD) US $11.69 Buy It Now 42m 16s
IAN BROWN Can't See Me pt.1 UK 3-track CD Single +Video US $7.99 Buy It Now 42m 49s
IRON MAIDEN ~ Can I Play With Madness 45 ~ Picture Sleeve ~ 1988 US ORIG ~ HEAR! US $15.00 Buy It Now 44m 57s
45 RPM RECORD --ALL-4-ONE -- I CAN LOVE YOU LIKE THAT US $0.99 Buy It Now 45m 32s
ROBERT PALMER PICTURE DISC - YOU CAN HAVE IT - THE SILVER GUN US $19.50 Buy It Now 48m 48s
N SYNC turn off the light / found love / can u feel it 12" RECORD NYSYNC US $7.99 Buy It Now 50m 34s
THA LIKS the best you u can 12" RECORD PROMO THE NEPTUNES US $7.99 Buy It Now 50m 36s
Stardeath & White Dwarfs - I Can't Get Away, The Birth - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $6.47 Buy It Now 50m 54s
Steelheart - Can't Stop Me Lovin' You - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $6.47 Buy It Now 52m 47s
GLENN W TURNER speaks out you can better your best RECORD MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER US $7.49 Buy It Now 53m 39s
IAN BROWN Can't See Me pt.2 UK 3-track CD Single +Video US $9.99 Buy It Now 54m 10s
Elton John "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" The Lion King Single CD US $3.00 [0 bids]
56m 7s
Can't Help Singing Deanna Durbin~1936-1944 Classic Female Pop Vocal~FAST SHIP!!! US $9.95 Buy It Now 56m 8s
BETTY MOD SOUL 45 BILLY MACK SON OF A LOVER/I CAN'T SLEEP ? US $50.00 Buy It Now 56m 38s
HEAR Modern Northern Soul 45 RENA SCOTT We Can Make It Better BUDDAH 614 DJ US $39.99 Buy It Now 56m 53s
CNBLUE CAN'T STOP SPECIAL 5th Mini Album CD K-POP Sealed US $27.99 Buy It Now 58m 29s
Can't Fight The Moonlight [CD 1] [CD 1], LeAnn Rimes, Good Single US $4.42 Buy It Now 1h
U2 All That You Can't Leave Behind [Bonus CD] LimitedEdition 2 CD Set US $4.95 Buy It Now 1h
ON A CLEAR DAY YOU CAN SEE FOREVER BARBARA STREISAND YVES MONTAND RECORD ALBUM US $19.70 Buy It Now 1h 3m
1987 Ronnie Spector Who Can Sleep 45, promo, picture sleeve US $4.99 [0 bids]
Earth Wind & Fire The Best Of Earth Wind & Fire ... vinyl LP record CAN US $25.89 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Gerry Rafferty Can I Have My Money Back? USA vinyl LP album record BTS58 US $30.76 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Can Cannibalism 2 lp gatefold german spoon import rare! US $59.00 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Lot of 2 - Genesis CD's "We Can't Dance" & "The Way We Walk Vol. 1: The Shorts" US $3.99 [0 bids]
Cynthia Carter Hill - Can You Hear the Voice? 2004 CD US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 12m
M People - How Can I Love You More ? / How Can I Love You More Holy Love (7" Vin US $8.80 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Anthony Newley Can Heironymus Merkin Forget Mercy Humppe Soundtrack Sealed LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Nice Work If You Can Get It... by The Hi-Lo's (CD, Feb-1996, Var US $22.00 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Can't Run from Yourself by Tanya Tucker (CD, Oct-1992, Capitol Nashville) US $4.75 Buy It Now 1h 14m
4 Ken Griffin LPs - All VG/VG+ or better - Hawaiin Magic, Christmas You Can't Be US $0.80 [0 bids]
Take That - Why Can't I Wake Up With You? - Germany cd - RARE! Gary Barlow US $6.47 Buy It Now 1h 17m
ONE WAY Featuring AL HUDSON s/t LP boogie funk disco modern soul You Can Do It US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Tony Bennett " How Can I Turn To " US $17.99 [0 bids]
The Everly Brothers, "That's Old Fashioned/How Can I Meet Her" vinyl 45, PS, US $9.99 [0 bids]
VA "Dad I Can't Breathe" LP EX OOP Boy Sets Fire Plow United The Boils Wally US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
JOLIE HOLLAND in SPRINGTIME CAN KILL YOU~BRAND NEW SEALED PROMO CD w/HYPE STKR US $7.50 [0 bids]
Genesis,CD,BMG Direct,We Can't Dance US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
PRESLEY~50,000 ELVIS FANS CAN'T BE WRONG~NM/NM-50TH ANNIVERSARY GOLD LABEL~VOL 2 US $20.00 [0 bids]
THE ARBORS S/T 1969 L~PROMO~TIMING STRIP~w/I CAN'T QUIT HER~THE LETTER US $10.00 [0 bids]
JAMES BROWN I GOT YOU /I CAN'T HELP IT 45 KING FUNK US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
ROYAL PREMIERS: I Can Make It If I Try (rare soul vinyl 45) US $90.00 Buy It Now 1h 28m
American Musicals Cole Porter-Kiss Me Kate-Can Can-Anything Goes-3 LPs NM US $6.95 Buy It Now 1h 29m
RARE NE NORTHERN SOUL~SEA CLIFFS YOU CAN'T RELIVE IT/RAINBOW on ACE~PROMO~HEAR! US $750.00 [0 bids]
US $1,000.00 Buy It Now
STEELY DAN CAN'T BUY A THRILL TRACK TAPE US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 32m
SHAKIRA SHAKIRA 2014 Taiwan CD w/BOX (CAN'T REMEMBER TO FORGET YOU ft. Rihanna) US $22.48 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Kip Anderson Thats All I Can Do / I Went Off & Cried Promo Southern Soul Vinyl US $9.99 [0 bids]
A New Found Glory , Audio CD, Nothing Gold Can Stay US $7.09 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Daniel O'Donnell "Can You Feel The Love" 2 CD Set. US $9.03 Buy It Now 1h 37m
CD JOE NICHOLS THE IMPOSSIBLE/CAN'T HOLD HALO YOU MINT! US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Zapp - I Can Make You Dance 12'' DJ Record (1984 Vinyl) US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 39m
LENNY KRAVITZ - Can't Get You Off My Mind (UK 4 Tk CD Single) US $5.67 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Johnny Winter - Birds Can't Row Boats LP 1988 Near Mint RARE compilation US $25.39 Buy It Now 1h 43m
All That You Can't Leave Behind U2 Audio CD US $4.19 Buy It Now 1h 44m
SAMMY HAGAR (VAN HALEN) -VOA (I CAN'T DRIVE 55) NEW SEALED rock vinyl LP US $7.98 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Rare PHIL COLLINS GENESIS I Can't Dance Hold On My Heart PHILIPPINES Promo Copy US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 51m
AN Funny Devil-Can I Help You New 1 t-shirt (longsleve & hoodie available) US $23.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
AN Funny Devil-Can I Help You New 2 t-shirt (longsleve & hoodie available) US $23.99 Buy It Now 1h 53m
AN Funny Devil-Can I Help You New 3 t-shirt (longsleve & hoodie available) US $23.99 Buy It Now 1h 53m

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Unlimited Edition ratings distribution

CAN Unlimited Edition reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars Generally I don't appreciate Odds & Ends record but this one should not really considered as such because the music on here should've really been put out on their respective studio album but were probably left out for time restrictions. This compilation is a must for Can fans but should not be used as an introduction for newcomers. The limited edition theoretically is entirely included in this one.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#23292) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 08, 2004

Review by Syzygy
4 stars All of Can's albums were recorded in their own studio, Inner Space, initially located in an old castle and subsequently in a disused cinema. When they weren't touring, they worked in the studio every day, with bassist Holger Czukay acting as producer and engineer. Their first few albums were recorded on 2-track equipment, and it was not until they were well established that multi track recording became available to them. Unlimited Edition is drawn from something like 7 years worth of work, some of it material left off mainstream releases, some of it work in progress, some of it apparently recorded for the band's own amusement and all of it fascinating.

Both of Can's lead vocalists, the American Malcolm Mooney and the Japanese Damo Suzuki, are represented on this album, and there is also plenty of instrumental work. Tracks 1 - 13 were originally released as Limited Edition a couple of years prior to this, and were combined with the remaining pieces to make an excellent value double album in 1976. Despite the hopping around betwen different line ups and different styles of music, the whole thing flows along almost seamlesly, largely because of the metronimically precise drumming of Jaki Liebezeit - no matter how far out Can went, their remarkable drummer always anchored them to the earth. The album also displays an eccentric sense of humour.The EFS (Ethnological Forgery Series) were Can's attempts at imitating various brands of world music at least a decade before the idea of world music even existed in the mainstream music industry. Not all of them work, but the sense of adventure and exploration is palpable Malcolm Mooney's darkly humorous lyrics and vocals on Mother Upduff and The Empress And The Ukraine King are also a fascinating glimpse behind the scenes. Cutaway is an 18 minute sound collage from 1968 that sees the band (particularly Czukay) fusing psychedelia with dub reggae, with some odd snippets of studio dialogue thrown in for good measure. The early years are more strongly represented, but the opening and closing tracks are good examples of the kind of icily beautiful music Can made after 1973.

This is not a great album for the Can newbie, but for anybody interested in Can or in German progressive music generally it's highly recommended.

Send comments to Syzygy (BETA) | Report this review (#23294) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 01, 2005

Review by Seyo
3 stars This expanded version of "Limited Edition" is pretty interesting collection of odds and ends between 1969-75. Of particular interest are early 1969 tracks recorded with Malcolm Mooney as vocalist - presumably leftovers from the "Monster Movie" sessions. "The Empress and the Ukraine King", "Mother Upduff", "Connection" and "Fall of Another Year" are excellent songs, most of them even quite accessible on the first listen. One can imagine how the debut would have sounded had these been included instead of, say, long and sometimes boring jam "Yoo Doo Right" - it might have been a better album, but let's not speculate too much! Of the later stuff noteworthy compositions are: somewhat spacey and ambient textures of Future Days- era "Gomorrha", ethnic-oriental flavour of "Transcendental Express" and "Ibis", a close cousin of "Dizzy Dizzy". The remaining stuff is more or less an issue for CAN completists but the overall estimation of "Unlimited Edition", given its high points described above, must be quite good. You will live a happy life if you never touch this album, but getting to know it a bit may add some nice spice to your ears.

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#59759) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 08, 2005

3 stars CAN were known for recording tons and tons of material in their own studios over the years. Often they would simply jam, improvise and experiment, but no matter what they were doing they usually recorded it all. This particular album is a collection of songs that didn't appear on any of their studio records. For me it's very hit and miss but for the CAN fanboy i'm sure this is essential.

"Gomorrah" is a standout track and I can see why it's the lead off track. Lots of atmosphere and this instrumental is experimental sounding. "Dokoe" is mainly a beat with Damo on vocals. Other highlights are "I'm Too Leise" with the percussion and flute-like sounds before bass, acoustic guitar and Damo's vocals join in. Organ later on.

"The Empress And The Ukraine King" is catchy with Malcom on vocals, sax 2 1/2 minutes in. "Mother Upduff" is cool with Malcom trelling a story as the music seems to get more tense as it plays out. "Cutaway" is by far the longest song at 17 minutes. "Connection" is better with Malcom singing. I like the guitar after a minute. "Fall Of Another Year" is classic Damo and the music to match. One of my favourites.

A good album but definitely for the die hard fan.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#255345) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars This intriguing collection of Can-dementia was actually my introduction to the band. Right back in the days when I only listened to symphonic prog (yes I once was innocent too). Needless to say I hated the guts out of this thing and stayed clear of all things Can for almost 10 more years. But for the initiated, this is quite an interesting collection of leftovers, brimming with ideas, sketches, creativity and, well, sheer madness.

This album presents Can's music in an embryonic state, with few of the pieces entirely developed, but that's exactly what makes it an interesting release and must-have for Can-ophiles, as they add interesting new sonic explorations, alternate takes and other useful additions to the known body of Can works. The 'Ethnological Forgery Series' being the obvious examples, showing experiments with world music reminding me slightly of Embryo. The opener 'Gomorrha' is one of the few fully formed Can tracks, a little cosmic masterpiece unique to their discography. Much of the songs with vocals are from the Malcolm Mooney years, which is a plus as far as I'm concerned. The 17 minute 'Cutaway' is a bit of a disappointment though.

I don't fancy all tracks here equally, but the mix of experimental successes as well as the failures is a big part of the charm of this release. Besides, since I digitalized my entire catalog this year, a playlist with 50 very strong minutes can be easily compiled from what's on offer here. You could say this is for fans only, but well, that's what many people think of the entire Can discography anyway. So 4 it is!

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#505686) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 19, 2011

Review by Warthur
3 stars An intriguing odds-and-sods collection from CAN, who arrange various snippets collected from the cutting room floor into a new album. Opening with the atmospheric Gomorrah, the album takes the listener through a bewildering variety of styles, ambushed at points by vocals from the departed Malcolm Mooney and Damo Suzuki. It's a fun enough experiment, though to be honest I find the world music-leaning side of krautrock (as represented by the likes of Embryo) to be the least interesting part of the genre, so I didn't get much out of the Ethnological Forgery series of tracks - and to be honest, you'd have to have very broad tastes indeed to enjoy this one from beginning to end.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#544340) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 06, 2011

5 stars LIMITED EDITION is my favorite CAN album by far. Many of most creative ideas from CAN's other work are expressed here without the baggage of trying to fit them into standard rock song format. If you enjoy CAN for their explorations into the avant-garde, then this is the album to seek out. Put ano ... (read more)

Report this review (#243274) | Posted by pkazee | Tuesday, October 06, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars In a sense, every album that CAN made was an "odds and ends" record. It's just that this one took a lot longer to put together than most of them. For me, CUTAWAY is CAN's masterpiece. As fine an example of sonic sculpture as will ever be heard, and to follow it with the utterly brilliant CONNE ... (read more)

Report this review (#35305) | Posted by | Sunday, June 05, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The sound of an era, the end of an era...German rock was a great invention, but Can was the first group ever to transcend its genre. This album seems a little experimental, but is a great collection of big, tribal touch. Like it or not, Can were miles ahead of other groups, like XTC + Stockhau ... (read more)

Report this review (#23293) | Posted by | Sunday, January 02, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Unlimited Edition "