UNLIMITED EDITION

2. Doko E (2:26)
3. LH 702 (2:11)
4. I'm Too Leise (5:10)
5. Musette (2:08)
6. Blue Bag (Inside Paper) (1:16)
7. Ethnological Forgery Series No. 27 (1:47)
8. TV Spot (3:02)
9. Ethnological Forgery Series No. 7 (1:05)
10. Empress And The Ukraine King (4:40)
11. Ethnological Forgery Series No. 10 (2:01)
12. Mother Upduff (4:28)
13. Ethnological Forgery Series No. 36 (1:55)
14. Cutaway (18:49)
15. Connection (2:20)
16. Fall Of Another Year (3:20)
17. Ethnological Forgery Series No. 8 (1:37)
18. Transcendental Express (4:37)
19. Ibis (5:00)

- Jaki Leibezeit / percussion, drums, Wind
- Malcolm Mooney / vocals
- Damo Suzuki / vocals

Lps-Spoon record-SPOON 023/24

and to Jimbo for the last updates

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Unlimited Edition Music

Tago MagoTago Mago
Mute U.S. 2008
PINK- CAN'T TAKE ME HOME US $3.75 Buy It Now 32m 4s
Pointer Sisters - Yes We Can Can (CD New) US $4.43 Buy It Now 34m 37s
GROOVE4 - MUSIC YOU CAN DANCE NAKED TO 'Various' CD US $12.19 Buy It Now 37m 20s
SONNY GREEN: I Can Ketch But I Can't Hold 45 rare Soul US $80.00 Buy It Now 38m 43s
CHANSON - I CAN TELL - ARIOLA DISCO PROMO 12" US $9.99 Buy It Now 43m 16s
R.E.O. SPEEDWAGON YOU CAN TUNE A PIANO, BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FISH LP US $8.99 Buy It Now 43m 35s
UB40 Can't help Falling In Love With You Music Cassette Single DEP Label US $4.60 Buy It Now 48m 59s
JACK GREEN This Is Japan & Can't Stand It 7" 45 record + juke box title strip US $3.76 Buy It Now 49m 16s
KENNY ROGERS I can't Unlove You USA PROMO Radio DJ CD Single w/ PRINTED LYRICS US $14.99 Buy It Now 54m 1s
LIONEL RICHIE Can't Slow Down CD NEW US $14.07 Buy It Now 54m 52s
ERIC SAMPSON - There for Me RARE NEW CD Craig Lyon "So You Think You Can Dance" US $13.99 Buy It Now 56m 22s
Dean Martin ~ You Can't Love 'em All ~ Vinyl Record LP ~ Vintage 60's US $10.99 [0 bids]
57m 9s
U Can't Touch This [Single] by MC Hammer (1990, Capitol Records) Rap Video Remix US $5.95 [0 bids]
59m 1s
All That You Can't Leave Behind by U2 (CD, Oct-2000,... US $3.95 Buy It Now 1h
THE BACHELORS-NO ARMS CAN EVER 1965 VINYL LP SEALED! MINT! US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h
Andrew Jackson Jihad "Only God Can Judge Me" 10" LP Cobra Skulls Ghost Mice Or US $34.99 Buy It Now 1h 5m
PASSION you can't hide it 12" RECORD 1984 US $20.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
ANN PEEBLES I CAN'T STAND THE RAIN / WITH OBI US $69.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
"White Men Can't Jump" Original Movie Soundtrack *EXCELLENT* CD US $15.96 Buy It Now 1h 7m
CD sound Boy of "Pokemon" is on the whole, can play US $99.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Bass! How Low Can You Go?, New Music US $14.77 Buy It Now 1h 9m
RAY CHARLES I Can't Stop Loving You / Born To Lose 1960's OZ 45 US $9.37 Buy It Now 1h 9m
BLACK BY DEMAND can't get enough / all rappers give up 12" RECORD US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
MC'S OF RAP we can do this / come & get it 12" RECORD US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
FLASHLIGHT - I Can Be ~ 12" Single US PRESS PROMO US $21.94 Buy It Now 1h 11m
The Dovells-The Bristol Stomp/You Can't Sit Down US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 12m
CHRISTOPHER ATKINS How Can I Live Without her RECORD & PIC SLEEVE US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Joe Cocker - I Can Stand a Little Rain (CD, 1988, A&M) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Liu Deli: I can hold you up? ???:?????? 14 Track Chinese CD 2008 US $4.66 [0 bids]
C & THE SHELLS You Better Know It/You Can't Do That To Me~Soul Funk 45 on ZANZEE US $19.98 Buy It Now 1h 26m
BUCKEYE POLITICIANS - CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU - UTOPIA 45 US $9.95 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Genesis / We Can't Dance Taiwanese Cassette US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Lionel Ritchie - Can't slow down LP US $4.99 [0 bids]
Laurnea- Can't Let Go- four track cassette single- new/sealed US $1.00 Buy It Now 1h 38m
BONNIE RAITT I Can't Help You Now PROMO RECORD RARE JUKEBOX 2002 US $6.47 Buy It Now 1h 38m
DIONNE WARWICK ONLY LOVE CAN BREAK A HEART LP 627 US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Can't Take Me Home by P!nk (CD, Apr-2000, LaFace) US $0.99 [0 bids]
e631 / CD / AL GREEN - I CAN'T STOP - PROMO US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
CHET BAKER YOU CAN NEVER GO HOME AGAIN SP726 VINYL LP '77 PROMO JAZZ FUSION VG!! US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 44m
JAMES BROWN ( CAN YOU FEEL IT PT 1 / THESE FOOLISH THINGS ) NORTHERN SOUL 45 VG+ US $15.95 Buy It Now 1h 52m
MONGO SANTAMARIA/I Can't Get Next To You - Atlantic 45-2689 - Latin Funk US $22.49 Buy It Now 1h 56m
CAPTAIN SENSIBLE HAPPY TALK / IT I CAN´T STAND IT UK-7" 1982 A&M RECORDS US $7.29 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Dennis Wilson cd I Can't Live Without You US $6.00 Buy It Now 2h
Oh Yes I Can by David Crosby (CD, Jul-2003, One Way Records) US $9.99 [0 bids]
2h
THE DALEY DIGGERS - I CAN DIG IT 45 on MARMADUKE 1969 PHILLY SOUL / FUNK VG US $20.00 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Brenda Lee - You Can Depend On Me - Original Issue 45rpm US $10.99 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Mansun - I Can Only Disappoint U - You (CD) 3 Tracks - Mint/New - Fast Postage US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 8m
MENTAL AS ANYTHING If You Leave Me Can I Come Too? record + juke box title strip US $4.70 Buy It Now 2h 10m
STATUS QUO IF YOU CAN' T STAND THE HEAT , YUGOSLAV LP VINYL US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 15m
VINYL LP Lionel Richie "Can't Slow Down" 1983 Vinyl Record Album W/Slee US $1.99 Buy It Now 2h 18m
CAMEL I CAN SEE YOUR HOUSE FROM HERE RARE DECCA PAPER LABELS CASSETTE US $13.39 Buy It Now 2h 19m
Radiohead ?- Anyone Can Play Guitar (Australian CD EP) US $9.50 [0 bids]
GER LP THIS IS AMON DUUL GURUGURU CAN US $80.00 Buy It Now 2h 28m
JPN ISSUE LP POPOL VUH / Brüder Des Schattens - Söhne Des Lichts CAN US $48.00 Buy It Now 2h 28m
2 PHAT - OPENING A CAN OF WHOOP ASS ON YA MOMS - CD US $5.66 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Spot The Pigeon EP - Blue Vinyl - Sealed CAN 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) US $65.18 Buy It Now 2h 28m
El Chicano All I Can Remember/Same 45 RPM US $7.00 Buy It Now 2h 35m
Howlin Wolf Demon Drivin' Blues Man Black Label CD CAN US $8.88 Buy It Now 2h 35m
KELLY MARIE, FEELS LIKE I'M IN LOVE / I CAN'T GET ENOUGH, 7"x45rpm 1979 RECORD US $5.65 Buy It Now 2h 35m
BLUES MAGOOS - THERES A CHANCE WE CAN MAKE IT - MERCURY - garage classic - HEAR US $16.72 Buy It Now 2h 37m
RALPH STANLEY & CLINCH MOUNTAIN BOYS - CAN'T YOU HEAR THE MOUNTIANS NEW CD US $23.29 Buy It Now 2h 39m
ANDREW JACKSON JIHAD - PEOPLE WHO CAN EAT PEOPLE ARE THE LUCKIEST NEW VINYL US $30.98 Buy It Now 2h 40m
Mavis Piggott - You Can Be Low - Japan CD+6BONUS - NEW US $28.49 Buy It Now 2h 40m
VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR - LEAST WE CAN DO IS WAVE TO EACH OTHER NEW VINYL US $27.08 Buy It Now 2h 40m
AMON DUUL FOOL MOON '89 II demi monde vinyl orig rare prog kraut can faust neu US $125.00 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Can't Be Satisfied US $11.53 Buy It Now 2h 46m
The Who Sell Out Decca Records I can see for Miles 12" LP 33 Rpm US $25.00 [0 bids]
Village People 7" 45 Oz Vinyl Single - Can't Stop the Music US $6.59 Buy It Now 2h 49m
ORIGINAL CARTER FAMILY - CAN CIRCLE BE BROKEN: COUNTRY MUSICS FIRST NEW CD US $10.57 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Miracles The - Women Make The World Go 'Round / I Can Touch The Sky 45 1977 US $1.39 Buy It Now 2h 50m
St. Etienne - Only Love Can Break Your Heart - 12" Single US $6.99 [0 bids]
Destiny Can Be Changed By Venerable Wu Ling-Buddhist (DVD, CD, Oct 2000) US $1.50 [0 bids]
3h
Foreigner Can't Slow Down Limited Edition LP+Badge US $31.78 Buy It Now 3h 3m
TWISTED SISTER You Can't Stop Rock N Roll Limited Edition 180gram Coloured Vinyl US $41.82 Buy It Now 3h 3m
CHRIS HINZE COMBINATION WHO CAN SEE THE SHADOW&THE SUN DUTCH JAZZ FLUTE/FENDER US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 8m
MILLIE SCOTT I CAN MAKE IT GOOD FOR YOU JAPAN CD OBI 3300yen P33D SEALED 1ST PR US $79.99 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Lobo - How Can I Tell Her / Hope You're Proud Of Me Girl 45 1973 NM US $2.49 Buy It Now 3h 18m
Sharon Redd - Can You Handle It/In The Name Of Love CD US $16.56 Buy It Now 3h 18m
Irene Cara - Anyone Can See CD US $27.55 Buy It Now 3h 18m
No One Can Dutch CD single (CD5 / 5") 2044092 EMI 1991 US $15.88 Buy It Now 3h 19m
Can-1978 poster size press advert US $16.72 Buy It Now 3h 20m
DON HENLEY 'Johnny Can't Read' 1982 Japan 7"/45 vinyl single US $11.70 Buy It Now 3h 20m
AMERICA 'You Can Do Magic' 1982 German 7"/45 vinyl single US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Lobo - How Can I Tell Her / Hope You're Proud Of Me Girl 45 1973 VG / VG+ US $1.39 Buy It Now 3h 21m
DR. HOOK 'Girls Can Get It' 1980 US 7"/45 vinyl single US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 21m
MIKE ANTHONY 'Why Can't We Live Together' 1982 Swedish 7"/45 vinyl single US $6.68 Buy It Now 3h 21m
MEN AT WORK 'Who Can It Be Now?' 1981 Dutch 7" / 45 vinyl single US $5.84 Buy It Now 3h 21m
AMERICA 'You Can Do Magic' 1982 Italian PROMOTIONAL 7"/45 vinyl single US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Jaye Hammer - I Can Lay The Hammer Down CD US $16.41 Buy It Now 3h 24m
VAN MORRISON 'Ain't Nothin' You Can Do' 1974 US PROMO 7"/45 vinyl single US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 24m
Robert Palmer - Some People Can Do What They Like & Double Fun CD US $30.28 Buy It Now 3h 24m
KIM WILDE*CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOUR LOVE*3 TRACK GERMANY CD SINGLE*EXTENDED VERS. US $35.00 Buy It Now 3h 27m
Terry Gibbs Quintet Can-Can EP / Mono HMV / 7EG 8616 UK US $10.02 Buy It Now 3h 28m
JEAN PIERRE LLABADOR Birds can fly ALLOUCHE COMBES Celp US $34.99 Buy It Now 3h 29m
You Can't Hurry Love 7" vinyl single record UK VS531 VIRGIN 1982 US $16.63 Buy It Now 3h 31m
STREETS OF FIRE DAN HARTMAN I CAN DREAM ABOUT YOU / BLUE SHADOWS Picture 45 rpm US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 32m
Scotty Emerick Can't Take You Anywhere Unreleased Promo CD Single Toby Keith US $6.98 Buy It Now 3h 34m
Anything Can Happen... UK 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) WAS512 PHONOGRAM 1988 US $11.88 Buy It Now 3h 34m
PARKER McGEE I CAN'T SAY NO TO YOU / TALKIN' 'BOUT LOVING YOU Big Tree 45 rpm US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 35m
How Can I Forget You - Red Vinyl Elisa Fiorillo 7" vinyl single record JPN US $26.69 Buy It Now 3h 37m

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Unlimited Edition ratings distribution

CAN Unlimited Edition reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars Generally I don't appreciate Odds & Ends record but this one should not really considered as such because the music on here should've really been put out on their respective studio album but were probably left out for time restrictions. This compilation is a must for Can fans but should not be used as an introduction for newcomers. The limited edition theoretically is entirely included in this one.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#23292) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 08, 2004

Review by Syzygy
4 stars All of Can's albums were recorded in their own studio, Inner Space, initially located in an old castle and subsequently in a disused cinema. When they weren't touring, they worked in the studio every day, with bassist Holger Czukay acting as producer and engineer. Their first few albums were recorded on 2-track equipment, and it was not until they were well established that multi track recording became available to them. Unlimited Edition is drawn from something like 7 years worth of work, some of it material left off mainstream releases, some of it work in progress, some of it apparently recorded for the band's own amusement and all of it fascinating.

Both of Can's lead vocalists, the American Malcolm Mooney and the Japanese Damo Suzuki, are represented on this album, and there is also plenty of instrumental work. Tracks 1 - 13 were originally released as Limited Edition a couple of years prior to this, and were combined with the remaining pieces to make an excellent value double album in 1976. Despite the hopping around betwen different line ups and different styles of music, the whole thing flows along almost seamlesly, largely because of the metronimically precise drumming of Jaki Liebezeit - no matter how far out Can went, their remarkable drummer always anchored them to the earth. The album also displays an eccentric sense of humour.The EFS (Ethnological Forgery Series) were Can's attempts at imitating various brands of world music at least a decade before the idea of world music even existed in the mainstream music industry. Not all of them work, but the sense of adventure and exploration is palpable Malcolm Mooney's darkly humorous lyrics and vocals on Mother Upduff and The Empress And The Ukraine King are also a fascinating glimpse behind the scenes. Cutaway is an 18 minute sound collage from 1968 that sees the band (particularly Czukay) fusing psychedelia with dub reggae, with some odd snippets of studio dialogue thrown in for good measure. The early years are more strongly represented, but the opening and closing tracks are good examples of the kind of icily beautiful music Can made after 1973.

This is not a great album for the Can newbie, but for anybody interested in Can or in German progressive music generally it's highly recommended.

Send comments to Syzygy (BETA) | Report this review (#23294) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 01, 2005

Review by Seyo
3 stars This expanded version of "Limited Edition" is pretty interesting collection of odds and ends between 1969-75. Of particular interest are early 1969 tracks recorded with Malcolm Mooney as vocalist - presumably leftovers from the "Monster Movie" sessions. "The Empress and the Ukraine King", "Mother Upduff", "Connection" and "Fall of Another Year" are excellent songs, most of them even quite accessible on the first listen. One can imagine how the debut would have sounded had these been included instead of, say, long and sometimes boring jam "Yoo Doo Right" - it might have been a better album, but let's not speculate too much! Of the later stuff noteworthy compositions are: somewhat spacey and ambient textures of Future Days- era "Gomorrha", ethnic-oriental flavour of "Transcendental Express" and "Ibis", a close cousin of "Dizzy Dizzy". The remaining stuff is more or less an issue for CAN completists but the overall estimation of "Unlimited Edition", given its high points described above, must be quite good. You will live a happy life if you never touch this album, but getting to know it a bit may add some nice spice to your ears.

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#59759) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 08, 2005

3 stars CAN were known for recording tons and tons of material in their own studios over the years. Often they would simply jam, improvise and experiment, but no matter what they were doing they usually recorded it all. This particular album is a collection of songs that didn't appear on any of their studio records. For me it's very hit and miss but for the CAN fanboy i'm sure this is essential.

"Gomorrah" is a standout track and I can see why it's the lead off track. Lots of atmosphere and this instrumental is experimental sounding. "Dokoe" is mainly a beat with Damo on vocals. Other highlights are "I'm Too Leise" with the percussion and flute-like sounds before bass, acoustic guitar and Damo's vocals join in. Organ later on.

"The Empress And The Ukraine King" is catchy with Malcom on vocals, sax 2 1/2 minutes in. "Mother Upduff" is cool with Malcom trelling a story as the music seems to get more tense as it plays out. "Cutaway" is by far the longest song at 17 minutes. "Connection" is better with Malcom singing. I like the guitar after a minute. "Fall Of Another Year" is classic Damo and the music to match. One of my favourites.

A good album but definitely for the die hard fan.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#255345) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars This intriguing collection of Can-dementia was actually my introduction to the band. Right back in the days when I only listened to symphonic prog (yes I once was innocent too). Needless to say I hated the guts out of this thing and stayed clear of all things Can for almost 10 more years. But for the initiated, this is quite an interesting collection of leftovers, brimming with ideas, sketches, creativity and, well, sheer madness.

This album presents Can's music in an embryonic state, with few of the pieces entirely developed, but that's exactly what makes it an interesting release and must-have for Can-ophiles, as they add interesting new sonic explorations, alternate takes and other useful additions to the known body of Can works. The 'Ethnological Forgery Series' being the obvious examples, showing experiments with world music reminding me slightly of Embryo. The opener 'Gomorrha' is one of the few fully formed Can tracks, a little cosmic masterpiece unique to their discography. Much of the songs with vocals are from the Malcolm Mooney years, which is a plus as far as I'm concerned. The 17 minute 'Cutaway' is a bit of a disappointment though.

I don't fancy all tracks here equally, but the mix of experimental successes as well as the failures is a big part of the charm of this release. Besides, since I digitalized my entire catalog this year, a playlist with 50 very strong minutes can be easily compiled from what's on offer here. You could say this is for fans only, but well, that's what many people think of the entire Can discography anyway. So 4 it is!

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#505686) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 19, 2011

Review by Warthur
3 stars An intriguing odds-and-sods collection from CAN, who arrange various snippets collected from the cutting room floor into a new album. Opening with the atmospheric Gomorrah, the album takes the listener through a bewildering variety of styles, ambushed at points by vocals from the departed Malcolm Mooney and Damo Suzuki. It's a fun enough experiment, though to be honest I find the world music-leaning side of krautrock (as represented by the likes of Embryo) to be the least interesting part of the genre, so I didn't get much out of the Ethnological Forgery series of tracks - and to be honest, you'd have to have very broad tastes indeed to enjoy this one from beginning to end.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#544340) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 06, 2011

5 stars LIMITED EDITION is my favorite CAN album by far. Many of most creative ideas from CAN's other work are expressed here without the baggage of trying to fit them into standard rock song format. If you enjoy CAN for their explorations into the avant-garde, then this is the album to seek out. Put ano ... (read more)

Report this review (#243274) | Posted by pkazee | Tuesday, October 06, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars In a sense, every album that CAN made was an "odds and ends" record. It's just that this one took a lot longer to put together than most of them. For me, CUTAWAY is CAN's masterpiece. As fine an example of sonic sculpture as will ever be heard, and to follow it with the utterly brilliant CONNE ... (read more)

Report this review (#35305) | Posted by | Sunday, June 05, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The sound of an era, the end of an era...German rock was a great invention, but Can was the first group ever to transcend its genre. This album seems a little experimental, but is a great collection of big, tribal touch. Like it or not, Can were miles ahead of other groups, like XTC + Stockhau ... (read more)

Report this review (#23293) | Posted by | Sunday, January 02, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Unlimited Edition "