OUT OF REACH

Collectors/fans only

Buy CAN Music
Studio Album, released in 1978

1. Serpentine (4:03)
2. Pauper's Daughter and I (5:51)
3. November (7:37)
4. Seven Days Awake (5:15)
5. Give me no Roses (5:17)
6. Like Inobe God (5:45)
7. One More Day (1:31)

CAN apparently do not consider this a real "CAN" album as it is the only one not reissued on their Spoon Label. Bassist Holger Czukay left the band before the recording sessions, and drummer Jaki Liebezeit has a very limited part.

Search CAN Out Of Reach lyrics

Search CAN Out Of Reach tabs

- Irmin Schmidt / keyboards, vocals
- Rebop Kwaku Baah / percussion, vocals, polymoog
- Rosko Gee / bass, vocals, Fender Rhodes, Flange bass
- Michael Karoli / guitar, violin
- Jaki Liebezeit / drums
- Holger Czukay / bass

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Out Of Reach Music

Tago MagoTago Mago
Mute U.S. 2008
Ege BamyasiEge Bamyasi
Mute U.S. 2008
Lost TapesLost Tapes
Mute 2012
(DOO-WOP 45) THE DELL-VIKINGS - HOW CAN I FIND TRUE LOVE / COME GO WITH ME US $4.00 Buy It Now 30m 1s
Can You Feel the Force [Single] [Single] by Real Thing (The) (CD, Apr-1999,... US $2.99 [0 bids]
30m 16s
Flatt & Scruggs You Can Feel It in Your Soul CD US $9.18 Buy It Now 30m 35s
Five for the Gospel Look at What the Lord Can Do CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 32m 36s
DOO-WOP GROUP 45 RPM - THE 3 FRIENDS - IMPERIAL 5763 - "HAPPY AS A MAN CAN BE" US $8.00 Buy It Now 33m 38s
Katy Rose : Because I Can CD (2004) US $4.31 Buy It Now 34m 17s
? Lushus Daim & the Pretty Vain - More Than You Can Handle (Motown 6150) (PL) US $14.99 Buy It Now 35m 29s
BING DAY 1959 "I CAN'T HELP IT / MAMA'S PLACE" VG+/VG++ ROCKABILLY US $4.39 [0 bids]
35m 43s
Can't Fight Fate by Taylor Dayne (CD, Oct-1989, Arista) US $9.99 Buy It Now 36m 6s
LOLLIPOPS:I Can't Live Without Your Loving-Swing And Sway-Sweden 7" Polydor PSL US $74.98 Buy It Now 37m 50s
Capitol 78 KING COLE TRIO If You Can't Smile & Say Yes / Bring Another Drink US $10.00 Buy It Now 37m 51s
Charles G. Hayes Church Prayer - Jesus Can Work it Out LP Savoy Gospel Soul 12" US $24.95 Buy It Now 40m 10s
WE CAN FLY! UP-UP AND AWAY THE JOHNNY MANN SINGERS US $6.99 [0 bids]
40m 13s
REO SPEEDWAGON / YOU CAN TUNE A PIANO, BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FISH / 8 TRACK TAPE US $4.00 Buy It Now 40m 31s
R & R / VCL GRP~ THE RAINDROPS ~JUBILEE 5455 "The Kind Of Boy Can't Forget" 1963 US $5.75 Buy It Now 40m 32s
(CA896) Tim & Jean, I Can Show You - 2011 DJ CD US $3.74 Buy It Now 40m 59s
HOT SHOT-I CAN'T STAND IT NO MORE~DISCO HI NRG 12 US $4.99 Buy It Now 41m 10s
PRINCE CHARLES AND THE CITY BEAT BAND-WE CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN US $4.99 Buy It Now 41m 10s
(CA904) Amy LaVere, You Can't Keep Me - DJ CD US $4.57 Buy It Now 41m 36s
Whatnauts - We're Friends By Day b/w Just Can't Leave My Baby 1971 45 US $0.99 Buy It Now 41m 42s
45 RPM/The Young Rascals/How Can I Be Sure/1976 Rock Single /7"/Atlantic Records US $4.99 [0 bids]
43m 26s
Archie Bell & The Drells "Show Me How To Dance/How Can I" 45 RPM 70's Soul US $5.99 Buy It Now 43m 34s
Isaac Hayes " Don't Let Go/You Can't Hold Your Woman" Original 45 US $5.99 Buy It Now 43m 34s
Bobby Rush "A Man Can Give It/Ain't That Good Lovin'" Original 45 RPM US $5.99 Buy It Now 43m 34s
CLAUDJA BARRY-CAN'T YOU FEEL MY HEART BEAT~MODERN SOUL 12 US $4.99 Buy It Now 43m 52s
The King Cole Trio "Those Things Money Can't Buy/Now He Tells Me" Orig 78 RPM US $5.99 Buy It Now 44m 15s
Johnny Bond "Bartender's Blues/I Can't Hide The Tears" Original 78 RPM VG++ US $5.99 Buy It Now 44m 15s
Lynn Anderson: Rose Garden How Can I Unlove You 2LP US $4.99 Buy It Now 46m 23s
RAY CHARLES 7" 45 "I CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU" #1 5wks 1962 b/w "BORN TO LOSE" NM US $5.51 [2 bids]
46m 25s
GLENN TURNER Speaks Out "You Can Better Your Best" LP - 1960s W/Insert US $5.00 Buy It Now 48m 11s
HOW BLUE CAN YOU GET by B.B. King CD 2000 US $1.99 [0 bids]
49m 33s
ELTON JOHN Greatest Hits 1976-1986 US Cassette - Mama Can't Buy You Love, Nikita US $2.59 Buy It Now 49m 57s
Hi Fi Tie-The Boys Can't Help It-12" Single-Vinyl Record-VG+ US $3.99 [0 bids]
51m 33s
Tammy Wynette NM Vinyl Promo LP(1971)-We Sure Can Love Each Other US $15.75 Buy It Now 53m 13s
Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? by The Cranberries (CD, Apr-1993, I US $0.99 [0 bids]
53m 28s
VINYL 45 David Cassidy - How Can I Be Sure / promo mono and stereo US $5.99 Buy It Now 54m 7s
DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE You Can Play These Songs With Chords CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
54m 18s
Maurice White - Stand By Me b/w Can't Stop Love 1985 45 US $0.99 Buy It Now 54m 23s
Sleepy Brown - I Can't Wait (Promo / cd 4 VERSION) US $5.00 Buy It Now 54m 59s
Ray Noble, Buddy Clark on 78 rpm Columbia 37967: Those Things Money Can't Buy US $6.49 Buy It Now 55m 9s
Patty Loveless - Can't Stop Myself From Loving You/If You Don't Want Me 45 rpm US $5.49 Buy It Now 56m 16s
I Can Hear You CD by Carolyn Arends 11 Tracks US $4.29 Buy It Now 56m 31s
JUSTIN&KARLSSON "SOMEWHERE THEY CAN'T FIND ME"OZ '66 ASTOR 45..UK MOD/FREAKBEAT US $22.71 [3 bids]
58m 7s
All That You Can't Leave Behind by U2 (CD, Oct-2000, Interscope (USA)) US $2.99 Buy It Now 58m 39s
Judecca-Beyond,What the eye's can't see(original wild rags) US $30.00 Buy It Now 59m 7s
JO'S CLASSIC VINYL- 1963 You Can't Sit Down The Dovells Parkway 867 US $3.99 [0 bids]
LA. Honky-Tonk C&W AARON (Blackie) BOUDREAUX O Mabel Where Can You Be HEAR BOTH! US $14.14 [2 bids]
Dead Can Dance Toward The Within-Remast- CD (UK Import) NEW US $11.22 Buy It Now 1h 3m
NATURAL BORN KILLERS ost TAPE NINE INCH NAILS TRENT REZNOR PATTI SMITH L7 can pr US $9.99 [0 bids]
GLADYS KNIGHT AND THE PIPS: I Can See Clearly / I've Got BUDDAH 393 45 RECORD US $0.99 [0 bids]
CAPTAIN & TENNILLE Can't Stop Dancin / Mis Canciones A&M 1912 RECORD 45 US $0.99 [0 bids]
JERRY BUTLER: Hey, Western Union Man / Just Can't Forget MERCURY 72850 45 RECORD US $0.99 [0 bids]
JEAN KNIGHT: Anything You Can Do / You Got The Papers COTILLION 46020 45 RECORD US $0.99 [0 bids]
PHIL COLLINS: I Don't Care Anymore / You Can't Hurry ATLANTIC 13256 45 RECORD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Reggie Rough Annette Taylor Just Can't Take It 12" Single SEALED Vinyl Record EP US $2.84 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Deanna Durbin: Can't Help Singing LP VG++/NM UK US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
God's Love Can Change the World by Glorification Singers (CD, 2000, G Singers). US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
JO'S CLASSIC VINYL- 1964 Can't You See That She's Mine Dave Clark 5 Epic 9692 US $3.99 [0 bids]
Le Page-You Can Do The Dancin'-12" Single-Prism-Promo-Vinyl Record-VG+ US $3.99 [0 bids]
BILLY JOE ROYAL: He Don't Know / Till I Can't Take it ATLANTIC 88815 45 RECORD US $0.99 [0 bids]
MANDRILL: Can You Get It (Suzie Caesar) ARISTA 0304 PROMO 45 RECORD US $0.99 [0 bids]
SET OF 3 WE CAN NEVER FORGET THE GREAT COUNTRY ARTISTS THAT ARE GONE LP US $1.99 [0 bids]
Valarie Adams I Can't Shake It CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
(AZ705) The Thermals, Now We Can See (Single....- DJ CD US $4.57 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Simon Harris: Bass How Low Can You Go 12" VG++ Cdn US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
TOTO Can You Hear VINYL Steve Lukather MIKE PORCARO David Paich Autograph SIGNED US $199.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
TANYA TUCKER 2 CD LOT - CAN'T RUN FROM YOURSELF & FIRE TO FIRE US $3.00 [0 bids]
Valentine Animated Dog - "I Can't Help Myself..." US $0.99 [0 bids]
MICHAEL REDMAN - WHAT CAN I DO - PAUL JOHNSON - 1975 RARE SEALED LP ! ! ! ! US $15.95 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Can't Be Tamed by Miley Cyrus (CD, Jun-2010, Hollywood) US $16.06 Buy It Now 1h 12m
How Big Can You Get?: The Music of Cab Calloway by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy (CD,... US $18.06 Buy It Now 1h 13m
All That You Can't Leave Behind by U2 (CD, Oct-2000, Interscope (USA)) US $16.06 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Johnny Nash-I can see clearly now US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 13m
MSG-Featuring Glenn "Sweety G" Toby-I Can Tell-12"-Diamond Records-DI109-VG+ US $3.99 [0 bids]
MANY OTHERS:(Tell Me Why) I'm Alone 2:20-Can I Get A Witness 2:50-U.S. 7" 1965 US $248.98 Buy It Now 1h 15m
HEAR Earl Harrison 45 Humphrey Stomp/Can You Forgive GARRISON 3001 northern soul US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Ray Parker Jr. I Still Can't Get Over Loving You / She Still Feels 7" 45 rpm NM US $2.40 Buy It Now 1h 17m
LEN "YOU CAN'T STOP THE BUM RUSH" 1999 CD (12 tracks) VG US $2.45 [0 bids]
KING KONG - Can't Get The Trophy - 7" US $13.69 Buy It Now 1h 17m
(AZ816) Cut Off Your Hands, Happy As Can Be - DJ CD US $4.57 Buy It Now 1h 17m
(AZ817) Cut Off Your Hands, Happy As Can Be - DJ CD US $4.57 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Nick Apollo-Can I Depend On You-LP-Fan-Vinyl Record-VG+ US $3.99 [0 bids]
FATS DOMINO ~ POOR ME / I CAN'T GO ON ~ IMPERIAL 5369 US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LICENSE PLATE FRAME BABY U CAN DRIVE MY CAR US $5.25 [0 bids]
BOB & GENE / INVERSIONS: I Can't Stand These Lonely Nights / Rub The Lamp 45 So US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Off Shore-I Can't Take the Power-12"Single-Vinyl Record-Epic-4573751-VG+ US $3.99 [0 bids]
THE DELLS / HALLWAYS OF MY MIND / I CAN'T DO ENOUGH / MINT (-) CONDITION US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 20m
(AZ846) Ben Montacue, Can't Hold Me Down - DJ CD US $4.57 Buy It Now 1h 20m
SHARON JONES & DAP-KINGS: He Said I Can / It Hurts To Be Alone 45 Soul US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Still Sealed LP- DIRK HAMILTON "You Can Sing On The Left Or Bark On The Right" US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Hear Rare Rock Rockabilly ish 45: Terry Fell - I Can Hear You Cluckin - RCA 6621 US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Can't Stop Loving You by Conway Twitty [1972] (vinyl record) US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Dell-Vikings on 1957 Dot 15538 - Come Go With Me / How Can I Find True Love US $4.75 Buy It Now 1h 21m
1987 MICK JAGGER Catch As Catch Can & Lets Work Columbia 45rpm Record US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
(AZ882) Leni Ward, Can't Be, Won't Be - DJ CD US $4.57 Buy It Now 1h 22m
MINT SEALED 45 RPM RECORD--ELVIS PRESLEY--CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE US $7.99 [1 bids]
Patsy Cline LP Album Record I Can't Forget Excellent Condition Rare US $4.99 [0 bids]
CNBLUE [CAN'T STOP ?] MINI ALBUM Standing Paper + Folded Poster K-POP Sealed US $27.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
BOBBY GOLDSBORO LITTLE THINGS/I CAN'T GO ON PRETENDING UNITED ARTISTS 45 # 810 US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
THE PLAYMATES YOU CAN'T STOP ME FROM DREAMING/JO-ANN ROULETTE 45 # R-4037 US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Out Of Reach ratings distribution

CAN Out Of Reach reviews

Review by soundsweird
2 stars Much like "Can", this album is almost completely lacking any of their earlier inspiration. Blame it on boredom, Czukay's exit, changing musical tastes, or perhaps the well just ran dry. Now, if this is the only Can album you've ever heard, you probably love it (the same goes for "Can" and "Rite Time"), because THAT would make it seem unique, fresh and powerful. The other (glowing) reviews here may be explained by that possibility....

Send comments to soundsweird (BETA) | Report this review (#23309) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Review by Neu!mann
1 stars I've always been a CAN partisan, but not enough to forgive this listless, uninspired 1978 effort: proof that even the greatest bands (and CAN was one of the best) have their off days.

The cracks that appeared with the revamped line-up on their earlier "Saw Delight" finally burst open here, but don't blame newcomers Rebop Kwaku Baah and Rosko Gee (both ex-Traffic). Their arrival didn't upset the balance of talent all that much, but neither shared the same telepathic rapport, developed over a decade of constant playing together, that had powered the essential Krautrock masterpieces of "Tago Mago", "Ege Bamyasi", and "Future Days".

The new chemistry may have worked well enough on "Saw Delight", but that funky dance rhythm toward which the band had been moving ever since their semi-hit single "I Want More" always had a limited shelf life, and apparently didn't carry over to this session. And the album suffered even more without the guiding hand of Holger Czukay, CAN's founding bass guitarist and resident wild card. Listen to his first few solo albums, released at about the same time, to see what's missing here.

Maybe this stumble was overdue. After a decade of intense, sometimes phenomenal creativity the group (what was left of it) was clearly running on fumes, sounding as if they had forgotten, or (worse yet) couldn't be bothered to listen to each other anymore. Even on the improvised instrumental tracks ("Serpentine" and "November"), typically CAN's strongest suit and raison d' Ítre, the group sounds like they're simply going through the motions, eating up studio time in a rush to fill their contract obligations. And the other songs could almost be by anybody, not the sort of criticism normally leveled at a CAN composition.

In the end the title of the album proved to be more than a little prophetic, to the point where the band itself has long since disowned it. Spoon Records, the CAN parent company, is currently on a four-year schedule to re-master every album the band ever released, from their 1969 debut "Monster Movie" to the 1989 reunion "Rite Time", with the notable exception of this one. I've always had a soft spot of sympathy for it: the lost Little Match Girl of the greater CAN discography. But that doesn't change my opinion of it, sadly enough, or make it in any way a better album. Thankfully, the band would pick itself off the mat in time for another round (or two): see 1979's self-titled album, a.k.a. "Inner Space", and the 1989 "Rite Time" epilogue.

Send comments to Neu!mann (BETA) | Report this review (#45847) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Review by Tom Ozric
4 stars Funny how certain albums by certain bands are often dismissed, even by the band members themselves. I just wonder what I see in some of these albums - CAN's 'Out of Reach' being one of these obscure platters. Some time in the late 90's, I managed to obtain the later Can records almost in one go - and I love each and every one of them. Totally different from their pioneering 'Kraut' style, this later, more conventional approach may have almost crushed their revolutionary anarchic reputation, but I still find the music here original, diverse and still containing some powerful elements. Irmin Schmidt's Keyboards maintain a 'spacious' quality to them, Jaki Liebezeit continues thumping out his 'motoric' rhythms, doubled with colossal percussive work from Rebop Kwaku Baah (ex- TRAFFIC). Bassist Rosko Gee (also ex-Traffic) is a mighty fine player, and has a pleasant voice. Michael Karoli contributes his distinctive fumbly, abrasive guitar style with verve, the lengthy jam 'November' being a superb example. Two of the songs here are quite funky and groove-based, almost poppish in fact - 'Pauper's Daughter and I' and 'Give Me No Roses' - both penned by Rosko Gee (much to the chagrin of the original, 'democratic' minded members) with Schmidt gracing 'Pauper' with some dazzling synth textures, and 'Roses' bringing us a cool, laid-back mood. 'Serpentine', 'Seven Days Awake' and 'One More Day' are three dynamic instrumental pieces, featuring Flanged Basses and, at times, processed Drums, making for some quite intense listening. 'Like Inobe God' is a strange, percussive-heavy tune led by Rebop, which is decorated with a spacey vibe. Another very interesting German release. 4 stars !

Send comments to Tom Ozric (BETA) | Report this review (#156606) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars This album also exists in an issue where it is paired with the preceding album 'Can', which, to make things entirely confusing, has also been released under the name 'Inner Space'. Well, the issue with its companion Inner Space might be your safest bet here as this album is a bit of a scanty carbon copy of that great 'Inner Spavce' album. Yes I know every one else has a different opinion on that one :)

Serpentine, November and Seven Days Awake are emblematic for this albums problem. They are ok instrumentals but don't add anything to the superior stuff on Inner Space. And certainly nothing at all if you consider the whole Can oeuvre. Pauper's Daughter is more interesting, at least it features a vocal line that is quite different from what they had done before. Almost a soul croon.

If you can find the album release where it is paired to Inner Space in a second hand store, you shouldn't hesitate. At least if you like the more polished funk and electronic Can sound from the end of the 70ties.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#248122) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Review by JJLehto
3 stars Krautrock. I had no idea what it was and frankly, thought it was one of those made up genre's that didn't really exist, and that krautrock was really just German prog rock bands. Apparently it is psychedelic prog rock with very jazzy influences, long minimalist sections and improv. Wait, how is this not like some prog rock? OK, no more genre clerical rants from me. This is my first foray into krautrock, but maybe not since this album is apparently quite different from most of Can's work. OI!

OK, this is a pretty cool album. It has a very mellow to it. Lots of keyboard, jazzyness (mainly in the drumming) mild guitar, funky bass riffs and psychedelic sections. There is even some space rock! The guitar solos on this album are awesome. They are soulful and emotional. They are quite melodic, and range from sustains to hendrixesque trippy noodling and screaming. Some distortion thrown in there to boot.Throw on top some very soothing vocals. They are somewhat infrequent, often soft and always nice.

I mentioned the guitar solos which are maybe my favorite part of the album, but the bass riffs are truly great. Very funky. The drumming is also quite good, and ranges from simple beat keeping, to wild and jazzy. The drumming overall has a very jazz feel, (what's not to like about that?) and is again, very cool. Favorite drumming on the album is in the song "One More Day" which is a very space rock song. Then the keyboard, probably the main instrument on the album. It is quite prominent and is sometimes a nice background, sometimes high pitched and space rocky.

Overall, the songs do have a bit of an improv feel to it. Perhaps it is not as experimental and free flowing as their older work, but this is certainly not a constructed album, at least not entirely. I think it has quite a free feeling, in fact upon very first listen I thought the songs sounded a bit, everywhere and lacked cohesion. I quickly realized this is not a bad thing!

I will say, this album does have quite a pop feel to it as well. I have heard it compared to disco, and I dont know about that, (besides I was born in 1988!) but while the jam feel is present, there is some structure and organization. Given that, along with its mellow and funky feel, this album may be pretty accessible to the mainstream!

As a newcomer to Can, and krautrock in general, I can look at this album with the pre-conceived notions of Can and krautrock. A funky, spacey, mellow and somewhat psychedelic jam session album. Maybe their is too much pop or structure and not enough experimentalism but this is a good album. Especially great to relax to. "November" and "One More Day" are the best tracks on the album, but there is no real weak song.

THREE AND A HALF STARS (Bump 3)

Send comments to JJLehto (BETA) | Report this review (#292370) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 29, 2010

Review by tarkus1980
2 stars So pointless that the band members themselves have disowned it, this one doesn't even have Czukay in a token role, which helps explain why many fans don't acknowledge this as a proper Can album. I will admit that it has some advantages over Delight: it's less monotonous, and I actually honestly enjoy some of the tracks on here, which I wouldn't have said about this album's predecessor. The lows, however, are offensively bad, and the lessening of monotony comes at the price of the band seemingly not having any idea what direction it wants to go, so the album gets the same rating as before.

The highpoint is undoubtedly the moody seven-minute instrumental "November," which uses a lot of tasteful piano to complement some great emotional guitar solos, and which also features (to my ears) something that wasn't found on the last album: a decent blend of the percussion attacks of Jaki and Reebop, where they're clearly distinct but clearly working together. It's nowhere near as good as the better instrumental work from the band's prime, but it's a marked improvement over everything from Saw, and that counts for something.

Other decent tracks include "Seven Days Awake," an instrumental which adds little to Can's legacy but is at least kind enough to be depressing, and the totally incongruous "Give Me No Roses," a bouncy Gee-sung pop number that has a neat little chorus. Unfortunately, that's only three tracks out of seven. The opening "Serpentine" reminds me too much of the kind of noodling that took up Delight (at least it's only four minutes, though), "Pauper's Daughter and I" is an incredibly obnoxious pop song that makes the mistake of lasting a whole six minutes, and the closing "One More Day" is a completely pointless two-minute "astral" instrumental. And, of course, there's "Like INOBE GOD," a piece of "ethnic" muzak with terrible Reebop vocals, the kind of thing I'd expect to hear from a cross between late-period Can and Murph and the Magic Tones (see the movie The Blues Brothers if you don't get what I'm talking about) while dining in a Holiday Inn. This is just AWFUL.

If you're a Can fanatic, hunt down the best tracks from this online. Otherwise, just pretend this never existed; you and the band will get on quite well if you do that.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#388119) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 28, 2011

1 stars This is CAN's nadir. The copy I have on CD retains the original pressing mistakes that plagued the original vinyll release! I've never had the enthusiasm to see if more modern releases fix this problem. (What is the point of a CD that crackles?) The music is perfunctory, a mish mash of clash ... (read more)

Report this review (#35308) | Posted by | Sunday, June 05, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars If you've heard other stuff by Can then you may be surprised; this is funky, fluid, jazzy spaced out [&*!#]. There are some very groovy basslines and soulful vocals. Personally I prefer it to other Can stuff - while still experimental, it sounds more organic and less pretentious and self-conscio ... (read more)

Report this review (#23308) | Posted by | Monday, February 14, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Out Of Reach"