OUT OF REACH

Collectors/fans only

Buy CAN Music
Studio Album, released in 1978

1. Serpentine (4:03)
2. Pauper's Daughter and I (5:51)
3. November (7:37)
4. Seven Days Awake (5:15)
5. Give me no Roses (5:17)
6. Like Inobe God (5:45)
7. One More Day (1:31)

CAN apparently do not consider this a real "CAN" album as it is the only one not reissued on their Spoon Label. Bassist Holger Czukay left the band before the recording sessions, and drummer Jaki Liebezeit has a very limited part.

Search CAN Out Of Reach lyrics

Search CAN Out Of Reach tabs

- Irmin Schmidt / keyboards, vocals
- Rebop Kwaku Baah / percussion, vocals, polymoog
- Rosko Gee / bass, vocals, Fender Rhodes, Flange bass
- Michael Karoli / guitar, violin
- Jaki Liebezeit / drums
- Holger Czukay / bass

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Out Of Reach Music

Vinyl$20.98
Future DaysFuture Days
Imports 2014
Vinyl$24.20
THE MCCOYS. HANG ON SLOOPY/I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT. . BANG. B-506. 1965. POP ROCK. US $3.00 Buy It Now 29m 38s
Eduardo Niebla - I Can Fly Now (2007)CD FIRST ISSUE NEAR MINT US $16.60 Buy It Now 31m 40s
September (Petra Marklund) WE CAN DO IT Euro Import Remixes 4-trk CD Maxi CardPS US $14.99 Buy It Now 32m 1s
SERIOUS LEE FINE. Nothing Can Stop Us. CD. Sealed. LONGBOX. US $49.99 Buy It Now 32m 9s
THE ARMOURY SHOW-"WE CAN BE BRAVE AGAIN" EXTENDED VERSION-NEW 1984 U.K. 12" EP US $6.99 [0 bids]
32m 19s
Rats Of Unusual Size Yes I Can New CD US $27.99 Buy It Now 33m 47s
The Truth 7" 45 PROMO HEAR PSYCH FUZZ A Day Like Today CADET I Can US $25.00 Buy It Now 35m 16s
Conway Twitty I Can't See Me Without You vinyl LP 1972 US $4.95 Buy It Now 35m 42s
EVERLY BROTHERS : NO ONE CAN MAKE MY SUNSHINE SMILE (45 RECORD) 5297 COUNTRY. VG US $2.00 Buy It Now 35m 42s
WILLIE HUTCH 45 SHAKE IT, SHAKE IT / I FEEL LIKE WE CAN ~ MOTOWN VG++ US $3.12 Buy It Now 35m 56s
Everybody Else Is Doing It So Why Can't We/No Need US $9.86 Buy It Now 36m 11s
MOORE, Joseph/THE BLENDERS - I Still Can't Get You - 7" US $15.35 Buy It Now 36m 13s
HI-FIVE / NUTTIN NYCE-WHAT CAN I SAY TO YOU 12" SNGL VG US $6.99 Buy It Now 36m 17s
ELMORE JAMES - "I CAN'T HOLD ON" b/w "THE SUN IS SHINNING" on CHESS (VG++) US $60.00 Buy It Now 36m 48s
Rose Colored Glass 1971 Bang 45rpm Can't Find The Time b/w Mystic Touch XO US $9.00 Buy It Now 38m 19s
OHIO GARAGE PSYCH 45 - CHECKMATES - GET IT WHILE YOU CAN - OBSCURE 45 US $26.99 [2 bids]
38m 34s
ELLA WASHINGTON I CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE HIM / EXCELLENT CONDITION US $10.00 Buy It Now 39m 3s
UTAH SAINTS WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR ME / TRANS-EUROPE EXCESS 7" VINYL MINT US $4.14 [1 bids]
39m 21s
Jim Keller - Heaven Can Wait (Audio CD, 2014) US $4.99 Buy It Now 39m 43s
Irmin Schmidt Anthology 3CD RARE OOP Prog Psych Can Jaki Liebzeit Michael Karoli US $29.99 Buy It Now 40m 48s
ERNEST ASHWORTH "YOU CAN'T PICK A ROSE IN DECEMBER" 45 RPM US $5.49 Buy It Now 40m 55s
MICHAEL JACKSON - Can't Stop Loving You; 1987 Promo CD - New / Unplayed - Rare! US $54.00 Buy It Now 41m 34s
"STIFF SOUNDS..CAN'T START DANCIN" 1978 U.K. ISSUE STIFF RECORDS V/A LP-NM VINYL US $7.99 [0 bids]
42m 6s
hear RANDOM BLUES BAND i can't keep EP 45 MOD R&B BEAT DANCER VOGUE rare PS 7'' US $24.99 [0 bids]
42m 27s
Cole Porter American Musical Cassettes Time Life Broadway Can Can Anything Goes US $33.99 Buy It Now 42m 32s
RON KEITH & LADYS: Can't Live Without You / Mono 45 (dj, sl dish) Soul US $35.00 Buy It Now 42m 42s
REO SPEEDWAGON You Can Tune A Piano But You Can't Tuna Fish LP promo record US $11.99 [0 bids]
42m 54s
PRINCE BATMAN limited edition sndtrk in metal can case w picture CD sealed US $35.00 [0 bids]
43m 56s
TERRAPLANE-"I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOUR LOVE" 1984 U.K. ISSUE 3 TRK. 12" EP-NM WAX US $7.99 [0 bids]
44m 39s
GARY WALKER & RAIN: Spooky / Can't Stand To Lose You 45 (Japan, PS insert w/ co US $60.00 Buy It Now 45m 44s
Great King Rat - Out Of The Can (MHR, AOR, Z Records 1999, Leif Sundin, MSG) US $6.63 [0 bids]
45m 45s
promo single bobbie cryner mca 1995 i just can`t stand to be unhappy US $5.00 [0 bids]
47m 1s
All You Can Eat [PA] by Steel Panther (CD, Mar-2014, Open E Music) US $7.25 [0 bids]
47m 23s
WAR -(45)- WHY CAN'T WE BE FRIENDS? / IN MAZATLAN - UNITED ARTISTS - XW629 -1975 US $12.99 Buy It Now 47m 46s
CHESTERFIELD KINGS: Hey Little Bird / I Can Only Give You Everything 45 (PS, ne US $100.00 Buy It Now 48m 26s
THE BEATLES WE CAN WORK IT OUT DAY TRIPPER PARLOPHONE R 5389 LENNON RARE SINGLE US $7.33 [4 bids]
48m 29s
CHOIR: Anyway I Can +3 45 (PS, previously unreleased recordings) Rock US $25.00 Buy It Now 48m 34s
Terry Callier - I Just Can't Help Myself 12" re-release vinyl LP US $13.27 [0 bids]
48m 41s
MADONNA - THE FIRST ALBUM + YOU CAN DANCE CASSETTE Set - 2 Classic Tape US $7.46 [0 bids]
48m 54s
PROMO 7" SINGLE 45-MICHAEL JACKSON-I JUST CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU-Jukebox-Brazil US $12.99 Buy It Now 49m 33s
HI FI TIE-"THE BOYS CAN'T HELP IT" NEW SEALED 1984 4 TRACK 12" EP-ROB WALSH US $7.99 [0 bids]
49m 51s
GENESIS We Can't Dance REMAST CD & AUDIO DVD 5.1 + OOP US $11.99 Buy It Now 49m 53s
Boyz II men-Can't let her go-1997 12" Promo single US $8.29 Buy It Now 49m 57s
THE THORNS-I CAN'T REMEMBER SINGLE U.S.PROMO DJ CD C27 # US $9.99 Buy It Now 50m 23s
Anyone can whistle ON VINYL (store#1136) US $5.99 Buy It Now 50m 55s
LUKIE D - I Can Love You Like This - 7" US $7.29 Buy It Now 51m 30s
PATRICIA COFIELD: Lonely Lover's Prayer / How Can I Lose 45 (dj, tiny wol) Soul US $20.00 Buy It Now 51m 54s
Michael Jackson/Paul McCartney 45 RPM This Girl is Mine/Can't Get Outta Rain NM US $5.88 [0 bids]
51m 58s
The Jones Girls Who Can I run To/Love somebody else 12" DISCO SINGLE 2Z8 3682 US $7.95 Buy It Now 52m 24s
The Firesign Theatre - How Can You Be In Two... CS-9884 lp US $6.99 Buy It Now 53m 5s
LAURIE THAIN- LADY, YOU'RE GONNA LOSE HIM / I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M LEAVING 1982 45 US $20.00 Buy It Now 53m 30s
VG+ HERMAN'S HERMITS CAN'T YOU HEAR MY HEARTBEAT/I KNOW WHY 45 RPM MGM K 13310 US $3.98 Buy It Now 53m 51s
Can-Can And The Offenbach's Can-Can Medley 33 1/3 Long Play Record US $19.99 Buy It Now 54m 36s
Natalie Cole 45 Annie Mae / Just Can't Stay Away w/ts US $2.00 Buy It Now 55m 1s
ELVIS PRESLEY I Can Help LP STILL SEALED Germany US $39.99 [0 bids]
55m 12s
45 Record THE COWSILLS - WE CAN FLY - VG+ US $3.99 Buy It Now 56m 40s
SIS WATKIN'S: Only You Can Give 45 (dj, xol) rare Vocal Groups US $50.00 Buy It Now 56m 46s
supernatural fairy tales limited edition cd sampler can yes moody blues argent US $42.49 Buy It Now 57m
Hatestick - Can't Get Enough Of You - 1994 Elephi NEW 7 Inch Vinyl Record US $2.99 Buy It Now 58m 6s
2 CDs BOY GEORGE When Will You Learn & EVE GALLAGHER Woman Can Have It US $2.99 Buy It Now 58m 49s
REO SPEEDWAGON - CAN'T FIGHT THIS FEELING / BREAK HIS SPELL 45'S VINYL US $15.00 [0 bids]
59m 35s
JENNELL HAWKINS soul 45 CAN I / MOMENTS TO REMEMBER ~ AMAZON VG+ US $5.46 Buy It Now 59m 52s
All I Can Be by Collin Raye  Minty CD  NEW Case  Free Ship US $5.25 Buy It Now 1h
GRASS ROOTS - Sooner Or Later / I Can't Turn Off The Rain - 1971 VG+ US $1.79 Buy It Now 1h
Ashton, Gardner, Dyke & Co. 45 "Can You Get It" ~ DJ Promo US $3.49 Buy It Now 1h
Frank Sinatra on 78 rpm Columbia 37048: Five Minutes More/How Cute Can You Be? US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
FRED ZIWICH "What a Little Polka Can Do" SLOVENIAN CD US $7.99 [0 bids]
GARAGE PSYCH 45 - THE DANTES - UNDER MY THUMB / CAN I GET A WITNESS - CAMEO US $5.99 [0 bids]
FOTOMAKER Does She Dance/I Can't Believe In You 45 RPM US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
JERRY BUTLER & BRENDA LEE EAGER - CAN'T UNDERSTAND IT / HOW LONG WILL IT LAST US $2.00 [0 bids]
Soul 45 BEN E. KING I Can't Take It Like A Man on Maxwell US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Soul 45 DIANA ROSS Can't It Wait Until Tomorrow on Motown US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
CHOSEN FEW - I can make your dreams come true / Yes it won't be long - 7" Vinyl US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
PHIL COLLINS HELLO I MUST BE GOING! 1982 VINYL LP YOU CAN'T HURRY LOVE! EXCELLEN US $4.57 [0 bids]
Van Der Graaf Generator THE LEAST WE CAN DO IS WAVE TO EACH OTHER New VINYL LP US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 5m
MEAT PUPPETS I Can't Be Counted On b/w Paradise12" Single PROMO ONLY SST 1987 US $9.99 [0 bids]
BOYD BENNETT Boogie Bear / A Boy Can Tell ROCK 45 RPM RECORD US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Pop Promo NM! 45 BOBBY G. GRIFFIN You Can't Get It All on Ranwood (promo) US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 8m
JOEY TRAVOLTA: I Can't Forget You (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Lyle Lovett - You Can't Resist It (3 track UK CD) US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Fabulous Miss Wendy - No One Can Stop Me [CD New] US $11.04 Buy It Now 1h 9m
EDDIE HARDIN you can't teach an old dog new tricks LAT1023 canadian LP PS EX/VG+ US $14.94 Buy It Now 1h 10m
THE RASCALS GREATEST HITS TIME PEACE LP W/ GOOD LOVIN' HOW CAN I BE SURE GROOVIN US $7.99 [0 bids]
Dawn Mccarthy & Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - Christmas Eve Can Kill You [Vinyl New] US $14.98 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Glen Gray on 78 rpm Decca 2321: Heaven Can Wait/Sunrise Serenade US $6.49 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Little Richard Can't Believe You Wanna Leave/Keep A Knockin' 45 US $30.00 Buy It Now 1h 12m
CAN Krautrock CZUKAY LIEBEZEIT DAMO SUZUKI UNIQUE PS THAILAND EP 1970s US $49.99 [0 bids]
I Set My Friends On Fire - You Can't Spell Slaughter Without Laught [CD New] US $11.47 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Howling Hex - You Can't Beat Tomorrow [CD New] US $16.55 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Celly Cel - Songz U Can't Find [CD New] US $16.41 Buy It Now 1h 13m
HEAVEN & EARTH i can't seem to forget you LP VG Private 1976 Chicago IL Soul US $80.00 Buy It Now 1h 13m
If We Can't Trust the Doctors [Digipak] by Blanche (May-2004) 1 CENT CD US $0.01 [0 bids]
The Spencer Davis Group / Can't Get Enough Of It / I'm A Man 45 rpm UA Record US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Earl Grant / I'll Drown In My Tears / I Can't Stop Loving You 45 Promo Record US $5.25 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Pete Seeger I CAN SEE A NEW DAY vinyl record US $11.95 [0 bids]
THE TROGGS (I Can't Control Myself / Gonna Make You) ROCK 45 RPM RECORD US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Gene Pitney - Only Love Can Break A Heart (1966 Musicor MS 3003) New Mint Sealed US $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Tony Bennett  Who Can I Turn To  HITS  Sealed  Minty CD US $7.50 Buy It Now 1h 15m
The Mama's and the Papa's If You Can Believe Your Eyes DS-50006 LP Record US $15.00 [0 bids]
45 BILLY SWAN - I Can Help b/w Ways Of A Woman In Love w/ Monument sleeve/strip US $3.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Out Of Reach ratings distribution

CAN Out Of Reach reviews

Review by soundsweird
2 stars Much like "Can", this album is almost completely lacking any of their earlier inspiration. Blame it on boredom, Czukay's exit, changing musical tastes, or perhaps the well just ran dry. Now, if this is the only Can album you've ever heard, you probably love it (the same goes for "Can" and "Rite Time"), because THAT would make it seem unique, fresh and powerful. The other (glowing) reviews here may be explained by that possibility....

Send comments to soundsweird (BETA) | Report this review (#23309) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Review by Neu!mann
1 stars I've always been a CAN partisan, but not enough to forgive this listless, uninspired 1978 effort: proof that even the greatest bands (and CAN was one of the best) have their off days.

The cracks that appeared with the revamped line-up on their earlier "Saw Delight" finally burst open here, but don't blame newcomers Rebop Kwaku Baah and Rosko Gee (both ex-Traffic). Their arrival didn't upset the balance of talent all that much, but neither shared the same telepathic rapport, developed over a decade of constant playing together, that had powered the essential Krautrock masterpieces of "Tago Mago", "Ege Bamyasi", and "Future Days".

The new chemistry may have worked well enough on "Saw Delight", but that funky dance rhythm toward which the band had been moving ever since their semi-hit single "I Want More" always had a limited shelf life, and apparently didn't carry over to this session. And the album suffered even more without the guiding hand of Holger Czukay, CAN's founding bass guitarist and resident wild card. Listen to his first few solo albums, released at about the same time, to see what's missing here.

Maybe this stumble was overdue. After a decade of intense, sometimes phenomenal creativity the group (what was left of it) was clearly running on fumes, sounding as if they had forgotten, or (worse yet) couldn't be bothered to listen to each other anymore. Even on the improvised instrumental tracks ("Serpentine" and "November"), typically CAN's strongest suit and raison d' être, the group sounds like they're simply going through the motions, eating up studio time in a rush to fill their contract obligations. And the other songs could almost be by anybody, not the sort of criticism normally leveled at a CAN composition.

In the end the title of the album proved to be more than a little prophetic, to the point where the band itself has long since disowned it. Spoon Records, the CAN parent company, is currently on a four-year schedule to re-master every album the band ever released, from their 1969 debut "Monster Movie" to the 1989 reunion "Rite Time", with the notable exception of this one. I've always had a soft spot of sympathy for it: the lost Little Match Girl of the greater CAN discography. But that doesn't change my opinion of it, sadly enough, or make it in any way a better album. Thankfully, the band would pick itself off the mat in time for another round (or two): see 1979's self-titled album, a.k.a. "Inner Space", and the 1989 "Rite Time" epilogue.

Send comments to Neu!mann (BETA) | Report this review (#45847) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Review by Tom Ozric
4 stars Funny how certain albums by certain bands are often dismissed, even by the band members themselves. I just wonder what I see in some of these albums - CAN's 'Out of Reach' being one of these obscure platters. Some time in the late 90's, I managed to obtain the later Can records almost in one go - and I love each and every one of them. Totally different from their pioneering 'Kraut' style, this later, more conventional approach may have almost crushed their revolutionary anarchic reputation, but I still find the music here original, diverse and still containing some powerful elements. Irmin Schmidt's Keyboards maintain a 'spacious' quality to them, Jaki Liebezeit continues thumping out his 'motoric' rhythms, doubled with colossal percussive work from Rebop Kwaku Baah (ex- TRAFFIC). Bassist Rosko Gee (also ex-Traffic) is a mighty fine player, and has a pleasant voice. Michael Karoli contributes his distinctive fumbly, abrasive guitar style with verve, the lengthy jam 'November' being a superb example. Two of the songs here are quite funky and groove-based, almost poppish in fact - 'Pauper's Daughter and I' and 'Give Me No Roses' - both penned by Rosko Gee (much to the chagrin of the original, 'democratic' minded members) with Schmidt gracing 'Pauper' with some dazzling synth textures, and 'Roses' bringing us a cool, laid-back mood. 'Serpentine', 'Seven Days Awake' and 'One More Day' are three dynamic instrumental pieces, featuring Flanged Basses and, at times, processed Drums, making for some quite intense listening. 'Like Inobe God' is a strange, percussive-heavy tune led by Rebop, which is decorated with a spacey vibe. Another very interesting German release. 4 stars !

Send comments to Tom Ozric (BETA) | Report this review (#156606) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars This album also exists in an issue where it is paired with the preceding album 'Can', which, to make things entirely confusing, has also been released under the name 'Inner Space'. Well, the issue with its companion Inner Space might be your safest bet here as this album is a bit of a scanty carbon copy of that great 'Inner Spavce' album. Yes I know every one else has a different opinion on that one :)

Serpentine, November and Seven Days Awake are emblematic for this albums problem. They are ok instrumentals but don't add anything to the superior stuff on Inner Space. And certainly nothing at all if you consider the whole Can oeuvre. Pauper's Daughter is more interesting, at least it features a vocal line that is quite different from what they had done before. Almost a soul croon.

If you can find the album release where it is paired to Inner Space in a second hand store, you shouldn't hesitate. At least if you like the more polished funk and electronic Can sound from the end of the 70ties.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#248122) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Review by JJLehto
3 stars Krautrock. I had no idea what it was and frankly, thought it was one of those made up genre's that didn't really exist, and that krautrock was really just German prog rock bands. Apparently it is psychedelic prog rock with very jazzy influences, long minimalist sections and improv. Wait, how is this not like some prog rock? OK, no more genre clerical rants from me. This is my first foray into krautrock, but maybe not since this album is apparently quite different from most of Can's work. OI!

OK, this is a pretty cool album. It has a very mellow to it. Lots of keyboard, jazzyness (mainly in the drumming) mild guitar, funky bass riffs and psychedelic sections. There is even some space rock! The guitar solos on this album are awesome. They are soulful and emotional. They are quite melodic, and range from sustains to hendrixesque trippy noodling and screaming. Some distortion thrown in there to boot.Throw on top some very soothing vocals. They are somewhat infrequent, often soft and always nice.

I mentioned the guitar solos which are maybe my favorite part of the album, but the bass riffs are truly great. Very funky. The drumming is also quite good, and ranges from simple beat keeping, to wild and jazzy. The drumming overall has a very jazz feel, (what's not to like about that?) and is again, very cool. Favorite drumming on the album is in the song "One More Day" which is a very space rock song. Then the keyboard, probably the main instrument on the album. It is quite prominent and is sometimes a nice background, sometimes high pitched and space rocky.

Overall, the songs do have a bit of an improv feel to it. Perhaps it is not as experimental and free flowing as their older work, but this is certainly not a constructed album, at least not entirely. I think it has quite a free feeling, in fact upon very first listen I thought the songs sounded a bit, everywhere and lacked cohesion. I quickly realized this is not a bad thing!

I will say, this album does have quite a pop feel to it as well. I have heard it compared to disco, and I dont know about that, (besides I was born in 1988!) but while the jam feel is present, there is some structure and organization. Given that, along with its mellow and funky feel, this album may be pretty accessible to the mainstream!

As a newcomer to Can, and krautrock in general, I can look at this album with the pre-conceived notions of Can and krautrock. A funky, spacey, mellow and somewhat psychedelic jam session album. Maybe their is too much pop or structure and not enough experimentalism but this is a good album. Especially great to relax to. "November" and "One More Day" are the best tracks on the album, but there is no real weak song.

THREE AND A HALF STARS (Bump 3)

Send comments to JJLehto (BETA) | Report this review (#292370) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 29, 2010

Review by tarkus1980
2 stars So pointless that the band members themselves have disowned it, this one doesn't even have Czukay in a token role, which helps explain why many fans don't acknowledge this as a proper Can album. I will admit that it has some advantages over Delight: it's less monotonous, and I actually honestly enjoy some of the tracks on here, which I wouldn't have said about this album's predecessor. The lows, however, are offensively bad, and the lessening of monotony comes at the price of the band seemingly not having any idea what direction it wants to go, so the album gets the same rating as before.

The highpoint is undoubtedly the moody seven-minute instrumental "November," which uses a lot of tasteful piano to complement some great emotional guitar solos, and which also features (to my ears) something that wasn't found on the last album: a decent blend of the percussion attacks of Jaki and Reebop, where they're clearly distinct but clearly working together. It's nowhere near as good as the better instrumental work from the band's prime, but it's a marked improvement over everything from Saw, and that counts for something.

Other decent tracks include "Seven Days Awake," an instrumental which adds little to Can's legacy but is at least kind enough to be depressing, and the totally incongruous "Give Me No Roses," a bouncy Gee-sung pop number that has a neat little chorus. Unfortunately, that's only three tracks out of seven. The opening "Serpentine" reminds me too much of the kind of noodling that took up Delight (at least it's only four minutes, though), "Pauper's Daughter and I" is an incredibly obnoxious pop song that makes the mistake of lasting a whole six minutes, and the closing "One More Day" is a completely pointless two-minute "astral" instrumental. And, of course, there's "Like INOBE GOD," a piece of "ethnic" muzak with terrible Reebop vocals, the kind of thing I'd expect to hear from a cross between late-period Can and Murph and the Magic Tones (see the movie The Blues Brothers if you don't get what I'm talking about) while dining in a Holiday Inn. This is just AWFUL.

If you're a Can fanatic, hunt down the best tracks from this online. Otherwise, just pretend this never existed; you and the band will get on quite well if you do that.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#388119) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 28, 2011

1 stars This is CAN's nadir. The copy I have on CD retains the original pressing mistakes that plagued the original vinyll release! I've never had the enthusiasm to see if more modern releases fix this problem. (What is the point of a CD that crackles?) The music is perfunctory, a mish mash of clash ... (read more)

Report this review (#35308) | Posted by | Sunday, June 05, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars If you've heard other stuff by Can then you may be surprised; this is funky, fluid, jazzy spaced out [&*!#]. There are some very groovy basslines and soulful vocals. Personally I prefer it to other Can stuff - while still experimental, it sounds more organic and less pretentious and self-conscio ... (read more)

Report this review (#23308) | Posted by | Monday, February 14, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Out Of Reach"