OUT OF REACH

Collectors/fans only

Buy CAN Music
Studio Album, released in 1978

1. Serpentine (4:03)
2. Pauper's Daughter and I (5:51)
3. November (7:37)
4. Seven Days Awake (5:15)
5. Give me no Roses (5:17)
6. Like Inobe God (5:45)
7. One More Day (1:31)

CAN apparently do not consider this a real "CAN" album as it is the only one not reissued on their Spoon Label. Bassist Holger Czukay left the band before the recording sessions, and drummer Jaki Liebezeit has a very limited part.

Search CAN Out Of Reach lyrics

Search CAN Out Of Reach tabs

- Irmin Schmidt / keyboards, vocals
- Rebop Kwaku Baah / percussion, vocals, polymoog
- Rosko Gee / bass, vocals, Fender Rhodes, Flange bass
- Michael Karoli / guitar, violin
- Jaki Liebezeit / drums
- Holger Czukay / bass

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Out Of Reach Music

Ege BamyasiEge Bamyasi
Mute 2014
Vinyl$17.43
Floyd Cramer 45 San Antonio Rose/I Can Just Imagine US $2.00 Buy It Now 30m 13s
CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL BAD MOON RISING / LONG AS I CAN SEE THE LIGHT n/m US $10.50 Buy It Now 31m 1s
Jesse James I Can Do Bad By Myself 45 rpm TTED Record Look Out Soul Is Back US $10.30 Buy It Now 31m 31s
SEALED 8-Track LOU REED Sally Can't Dance rock 1974 RCA Velvet Underground US $15.99 Buy It Now 31m 36s
45~BEAGLES~CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/FRED YORK~WHITE ON WHITE~BEATLES~W/Sleeve~HEAR THEM US $19.99 Buy It Now 32m 11s
WILLIE WEST - CAN'T HELP MYSELF NEW CD US $19.49 Buy It Now 33m 17s
COKA NOSTRA - BRAND YOU CAN TRUST NEW CD US $21.67 Buy It Now 33m 20s
Detroit Spinners//wake up susan//if you can be in love/EX/1976/1st US $9.67 Buy It Now 33m 31s
JAMES WHEELER - CAN'T TAKE IT NEW CD US $20.56 Buy It Now 33m 43s
GLASS / BANG ON A CAN - MUSIC IN FIFTHS / TWO PAGES NEW CD US $22.75 Buy It Now 34m 2s
RECLOOSE ft DWELE Can't Take It RMX 12" NEW VINYL Planet E Luciano Milton US $11.99 Buy It Now 34m 3s
MYSTERY JETS - You Can't Fool Me Dennis -2005 UK limited edition 2-trk 7" vinyl US $11.29 Buy It Now 34m 4s
LUCILLE POPE - YOU CAN'T STOP ME SATAN NEW CD US $13.99 Buy It Now 34m 8s
LUTHER BARNES & RED BUDD GOSPEL CHOIR - NOTHING CAN BE BETTER NEW CD US $22.75 Buy It Now 34m 13s
BABY CHAM - CRAZY IN LOVE (CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW) 12" VINYL HIP HOP US $10.16 Buy It Now 34m 44s
TRIBUTE TO NOTHING - CAN'T GET UP - 7" PURPLE VINYL SINGLE - MINT US $6.44 Buy It Now 35m 49s
U2 All That You Can't Leave Behind - 2000 Russian CD - ULTRA RARE! US $22.61 Buy It Now 36m 9s
Carl Butler and Pearl - Beers And Tears Can I Draw The Line 7" Country Folk US $9.99 Buy It Now 36m 9s
Jay Z: Can't knock the hustle 12" 12inch record single 6f US $4.50 Buy It Now 36m 20s
Robert Ffrench ?- Can't Finance You // Parish Digi Dancehall Reggae Original US $9.99 [1 bids]
36m 49s
LITTLE RICHARD: The Girl Can't Help It 45 (re) Blues & R&B US $8.00 Buy It Now 37m 10s
ELECTRICITY - MOJO PROMO CD (Can,Nitzer Ebb,Daft Punk etc) US $3.21 [0 bids]
37m 18s
CD . Hits of '93 . You Can Sing Hits of '93 V. 1 . Karaoke US $7.96 Buy It Now 37m 31s
LENNY KRAVITZ If You Can't Say No PROMO CD SINGLE 5 REMIX Zero 7 BAY STREET 1998 US $19.99 Buy It Now 37m 44s
IRMIN SCHMIDT Reporter 1989 W. GERMANY CD issue SONOPRESS matrix can US $9.99 [0 bids]
37m 56s
U2 All That You Can't Leave Behind CD Rock, Metal 2000 Universal # 3145246532 US $1.49 [0 bids]
38m 15s
VEDA BROWN Short Stopping / I Can See Every Woman's Mine 45 stax US $8.00 [0 bids]
38m 34s
Michael Feinstein : Nice Work If You Can Get It CD (1999) US $3.87 Buy It Now 39m 39s
New York City: Take My Hand / Can't Survive Without My Sweets [Unplayed Copy] US $6.97 Buy It Now 39m 46s
COREY HART Can't Help Falling In Love 12" inc. unrel. My Brother's Leaving Today US $1.05 [0 bids]
39m 51s
Vintage Margie Bowes 45 Record You Can Be Replaced US $5.99 Buy It Now 40m 36s
?? ????? HODGES JAMES SMITH INCREDIBLE SWEET SOUL FUNK LP OG 73 CAN'T BE ALONE US $20.98 [0 bids]
40m 53s
Toto - Without Your Love / Can't Stand It Any Longer 45 rpm NM- US $2.50 Buy It Now 41m 5s
We Can't Dance by Genesis UK Band CD Nov 1991 Atlantic Label New US $9.97 Buy It Now 41m 19s
DJ Shadow You Can't Go Home Again/Disavowed/ Vinyl 12" US $6.99 [0 bids]
41m 42s
Rust 5115 Boots Walker They're Here/A Bum Can't Cry 45 RPM US $1.99 Buy It Now 41m 56s
MGM 13410 Roy Orbison If You Can't Say Something Nice/Crawling Back 45 RPM US $2.99 Buy It Now 41m 57s
DAN HILL * CAN'T WE TRY & PLEASURE CENTRE * 45 RPM US $4.50 Buy It Now 43m 22s
GEORGE FORMBY & HIS UKULELE "You Can't Go Wrong In These" REGAL MR-3520 [78] US $7.99 Buy It Now 43m 25s
45 RECORD BUDDY MILES REGIMENT: CAN YOU HOLD ME (MONO & STEREO) US $2.98 Buy It Now 43m 28s
Michael Jackson I Can't Stop Loving You 7" US $9.67 Buy It Now 43m 33s
JOE WHITE You Can't Think For Me CARIFTA KING US $56.52 Buy It Now 43m 56s
SUZI QUATRO. - IF YOU CAN'T GIVE ME LOVE 1978 VINYL EX/CON US $1.60 [0 bids]
44m
You Can Dance by Madonna (CD, Nov-1987, Sire) US $14.99 Buy It Now 44m 13s
ROBERT PALMER SOME PEOPLE CAN DO WHAT 1st A1 UK Press VAULT COPY IN SHRINKWRAP US $30.68 [0 bids]
44m 42s
REV BW SMITH - I CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU NEW DVD US $14.72 Buy It Now 45m 27s
ANA JOHSSON - WE ARE - CUZ I CAN - BRING IT ON - CD SINGLE US $4.83 Buy It Now 45m 48s
The Honeycombs Have I The Right / I Can't Stop Now 7" 45 rpm Eric 157 VG+ Vinyl US $2.90 Buy It Now 45m 57s
The World Can Wait by Merchant Band (CD, Forerunner) US $2.99 Buy It Now 46m 14s
THE BEACH BOYS - I CAN HEAR MUSIC 1969 VINYL V/G US $1.60 [0 bids]
46m 16s
VG++ CHRISTOPHER ATKINS HOW CAN I LIVE WITHOUT HER 1982 45 RPM POLYDOR PD 2210 US $9.98 Buy It Now 47m 11s
Lionel Richie 45 "Penny Lover/Can't Slow Down" US $2.99 Buy It Now 48m
Z.Z HILL It Can Be Fixed / You Better Take Time 45 (MHR) 7" VINYL NORTHERN SOUL US $11.29 Buy It Now 48m 56s
Billy Hambrick-Just can't take it no more. R'n'b mod killer. LISTEN. US $9.99 [1 bids]
49m 9s
GEORGE McCRAE - YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL 1974 VINYL EX/CON US $1.60 [0 bids]
49m 26s
Dorothy Collins * BABY CAN ROCK b/w WOULD YOU EVER * CORAL 9-61753*1956 * Promo US $4.00 Buy It Now 50m 8s
45 RECORD TRACE ADKINS: THE NIGHT HE CAN'T REMEMBER, MORE (JUKEBOX ONLY) US $4.48 Buy It Now 51m 16s
ROGER DALTREY Can't Wait To See The Movie LP SEALED '87 US $14.98 Buy It Now 51m 47s
STAR WARS XMAS 7 inch What Can You Get a Wookie for Christmas NM US $24.95 Buy It Now 52m 30s
7TH Avenue Feel It With You / Can't Feel The Beat 12" Avenue 7AVE 2004 Vinyl US $7.99 Buy It Now 52m 51s
5TH Avenue On The Floor / I Can Feel It 12" Avenue 5AVE 2004 Vinyl US $7.99 Buy It Now 53m 9s
Only Love Can Break Your Heart / Stoned by St Etienne US $4.95 Buy It Now 53m 12s
STEVE WINWOOD * DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT THE NIGHT CAN DO * 45 RPM US $5.00 Buy It Now 53m 25s
RAS MIDAS - CAN'T STOP RASTA US $24.21 [0 bids]
53m 39s
CAN RITE TIME 1989 WEST GERMAN LP 838 883-1 KRAUTROCK EXPERIMENTAL US $49.00 Buy It Now 54m 20s
CAN - OUT OF REACH GERMAN HARVEST RECORDS - Prog Rock Kraut US $49.00 Buy It Now 54m 21s
" A LOVE I CAN FEEL. " hubert & joy. REGGAE 7in 1975. US $7.99 [0 bids]
54m 57s
The Harper Brothers - You Can Hide Inside The Music DCC US $19.99 Buy It Now 55m
MATRIX Can You Feel It 12" Vinyl 1994 House LOW 4.00 US $13.99 Buy It Now 55m 39s
Skeeter Davis"No Never/(I Can't Help You) I'm Falling Too"/45/ US $4.95 Buy It Now 55m 54s
Tony Orlando & Dawn 45 Steppin' Out / She Can't Hold A Candle 1974 Vinyl Record US $2.84 Buy It Now 57m 40s
R & B SOUL CLASSIC - JIMMY ROBINS - I CAN'T PLEASE YOU - JERHART US $16.13 [1 bids]
58m 27s
RUN-DMC - CAN I GET IT , YO PROMO CD REMIX 2 TRACKS 1994 HIP HOP EPMD PRODUCTION US $74.99 Buy It Now 58m 45s
DAVE CLARK FIVE: Demo / Promo --- "Catch Us If You Can" + "Everybody Knows" US $99.00 [0 bids]
59m
OPERATION CAN QUIT HOW ABOUT HEROIN - LP C-5150 US $8.00 Buy It Now 59m 11s
PAUL MARTIN LEAD ME NOT INTO TEMPTATION/I AIN'T BLIND JUST CAN'T SEE MINARET M- US $4.99 Buy It Now 59m 41s
GABRIELLE - Dreams Can Come True Greatest Hits Vol 1 CD ALBUM - Superb Condition US $5.64 Buy It Now 1h
SEASICK STEVE You Can't Teach An Old Dog New.. VINYL LP US $32.28 Buy It Now 1h
Foreigner Can't Slow Down Limited Edition LP+Badge US $30.67 Buy It Now 1h
THE CLINT BOON EXPERIENCE You Can't Keep A Good Man Down Limited 7 Inch Vinyl US $9.67 Buy It Now 1h
How Can We Be Silent by BarlowGirl (CD, Jul-2007, Fervent Records) US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
The Police - Can't Stand Losing You/Dead-End Job 7 Inch 45 US $10.00 [0 bids]
TYRONE DAVIS- DAKAR- 4538- I CAN'T MAKE IT WITHOUT YOU- YOU WOULD'NT BELIEVE US $0.99 [0 bids]
David Joseph: You Can't Hide(Your Love From Me) 12" Mango, Hi Tension US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Walls Can Fall by George Jones (CD, Oct-1992, MCA (USA)) US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
You Can See Everything by Brooke Miller (CD, Oct-2007, Hickory Records) US $9.99 [0 bids]
SYDNEY JOE QUALLS I Enjoy Loving You /How Can You Say Goodbye 45 Dakar US $10.00 [0 bids]
TOP QUALITY I Can't Hear You / What SEALED Original 12" Single Random Rap Hip US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Dean Martin Record I can't give you anything but love US $5.99 [0 bids]
LOU RAGLAND "I Can't Take It" b/w "What The Dr. Prescribed" CO-CO 103 VG+ to EX- US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Lisa Lisa Skip to My Lu & Why Can't Lovers Pendulum S7-17710 NM 45 RPM Jukebox US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
STATUS QUO IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE HEAT EXYUGO N/MINT LP US $27.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
JOHNNIE HUMBIRD rare promo 45rpm Where Is Your Conscience/I Can't Help Wondering US $6.55 [0 bids]
The Roots Of The Sex Pistols Mojo CD MC5 Runaways Modern Lovers Can Count Five US $6.55 [0 bids]
Tindersticks,Can Our Love,Beggars Banquet,2001,,Alternative/Indie,used CD,EX US $0.99 [0 bids]
You Can Dance by Madonna (CD, Nov-1987, Sire) US $3.99 [0 bids]
John McCutcheon and Friends SIGNED How Can I Keep From Singing 1975 US $9.99 [0 bids]
Lawson & 4 More - Smart Bird/If You Want Me You Can Find Me [Vinyl New] US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
CD . Various Artists . Where We Go Others Can Only Follow . Single, Import US $7.96 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Orange Juice - You Can't Hide Your Love Forever 2014 [CD New] US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Out Of Reach ratings distribution

CAN Out Of Reach reviews

Review by soundsweird
2 stars Much like "Can", this album is almost completely lacking any of their earlier inspiration. Blame it on boredom, Czukay's exit, changing musical tastes, or perhaps the well just ran dry. Now, if this is the only Can album you've ever heard, you probably love it (the same goes for "Can" and "Rite Time"), because THAT would make it seem unique, fresh and powerful. The other (glowing) reviews here may be explained by that possibility....

Send comments to soundsweird (BETA) | Report this review (#23309) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Review by Neu!mann
1 stars I've always been a CAN partisan, but not enough to forgive this listless, uninspired 1978 effort: proof that even the greatest bands (and CAN was one of the best) have their off days.

The cracks that appeared with the revamped line-up on their earlier "Saw Delight" finally burst open here, but don't blame newcomers Rebop Kwaku Baah and Rosko Gee (both ex-Traffic). Their arrival didn't upset the balance of talent all that much, but neither shared the same telepathic rapport, developed over a decade of constant playing together, that had powered the essential Krautrock masterpieces of "Tago Mago", "Ege Bamyasi", and "Future Days".

The new chemistry may have worked well enough on "Saw Delight", but that funky dance rhythm toward which the band had been moving ever since their semi-hit single "I Want More" always had a limited shelf life, and apparently didn't carry over to this session. And the album suffered even more without the guiding hand of Holger Czukay, CAN's founding bass guitarist and resident wild card. Listen to his first few solo albums, released at about the same time, to see what's missing here.

Maybe this stumble was overdue. After a decade of intense, sometimes phenomenal creativity the group (what was left of it) was clearly running on fumes, sounding as if they had forgotten, or (worse yet) couldn't be bothered to listen to each other anymore. Even on the improvised instrumental tracks ("Serpentine" and "November"), typically CAN's strongest suit and raison d' être, the group sounds like they're simply going through the motions, eating up studio time in a rush to fill their contract obligations. And the other songs could almost be by anybody, not the sort of criticism normally leveled at a CAN composition.

In the end the title of the album proved to be more than a little prophetic, to the point where the band itself has long since disowned it. Spoon Records, the CAN parent company, is currently on a four-year schedule to re-master every album the band ever released, from their 1969 debut "Monster Movie" to the 1989 reunion "Rite Time", with the notable exception of this one. I've always had a soft spot of sympathy for it: the lost Little Match Girl of the greater CAN discography. But that doesn't change my opinion of it, sadly enough, or make it in any way a better album. Thankfully, the band would pick itself off the mat in time for another round (or two): see 1979's self-titled album, a.k.a. "Inner Space", and the 1989 "Rite Time" epilogue.

Send comments to Neu!mann (BETA) | Report this review (#45847) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Review by Tom Ozric
4 stars Funny how certain albums by certain bands are often dismissed, even by the band members themselves. I just wonder what I see in some of these albums - CAN's 'Out of Reach' being one of these obscure platters. Some time in the late 90's, I managed to obtain the later Can records almost in one go - and I love each and every one of them. Totally different from their pioneering 'Kraut' style, this later, more conventional approach may have almost crushed their revolutionary anarchic reputation, but I still find the music here original, diverse and still containing some powerful elements. Irmin Schmidt's Keyboards maintain a 'spacious' quality to them, Jaki Liebezeit continues thumping out his 'motoric' rhythms, doubled with colossal percussive work from Rebop Kwaku Baah (ex- TRAFFIC). Bassist Rosko Gee (also ex-Traffic) is a mighty fine player, and has a pleasant voice. Michael Karoli contributes his distinctive fumbly, abrasive guitar style with verve, the lengthy jam 'November' being a superb example. Two of the songs here are quite funky and groove-based, almost poppish in fact - 'Pauper's Daughter and I' and 'Give Me No Roses' - both penned by Rosko Gee (much to the chagrin of the original, 'democratic' minded members) with Schmidt gracing 'Pauper' with some dazzling synth textures, and 'Roses' bringing us a cool, laid-back mood. 'Serpentine', 'Seven Days Awake' and 'One More Day' are three dynamic instrumental pieces, featuring Flanged Basses and, at times, processed Drums, making for some quite intense listening. 'Like Inobe God' is a strange, percussive-heavy tune led by Rebop, which is decorated with a spacey vibe. Another very interesting German release. 4 stars !

Send comments to Tom Ozric (BETA) | Report this review (#156606) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars This album also exists in an issue where it is paired with the preceding album 'Can', which, to make things entirely confusing, has also been released under the name 'Inner Space'. Well, the issue with its companion Inner Space might be your safest bet here as this album is a bit of a scanty carbon copy of that great 'Inner Spavce' album. Yes I know every one else has a different opinion on that one :)

Serpentine, November and Seven Days Awake are emblematic for this albums problem. They are ok instrumentals but don't add anything to the superior stuff on Inner Space. And certainly nothing at all if you consider the whole Can oeuvre. Pauper's Daughter is more interesting, at least it features a vocal line that is quite different from what they had done before. Almost a soul croon.

If you can find the album release where it is paired to Inner Space in a second hand store, you shouldn't hesitate. At least if you like the more polished funk and electronic Can sound from the end of the 70ties.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#248122) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Review by JJLehto
3 stars Krautrock. I had no idea what it was and frankly, thought it was one of those made up genre's that didn't really exist, and that krautrock was really just German prog rock bands. Apparently it is psychedelic prog rock with very jazzy influences, long minimalist sections and improv. Wait, how is this not like some prog rock? OK, no more genre clerical rants from me. This is my first foray into krautrock, but maybe not since this album is apparently quite different from most of Can's work. OI!

OK, this is a pretty cool album. It has a very mellow to it. Lots of keyboard, jazzyness (mainly in the drumming) mild guitar, funky bass riffs and psychedelic sections. There is even some space rock! The guitar solos on this album are awesome. They are soulful and emotional. They are quite melodic, and range from sustains to hendrixesque trippy noodling and screaming. Some distortion thrown in there to boot.Throw on top some very soothing vocals. They are somewhat infrequent, often soft and always nice.

I mentioned the guitar solos which are maybe my favorite part of the album, but the bass riffs are truly great. Very funky. The drumming is also quite good, and ranges from simple beat keeping, to wild and jazzy. The drumming overall has a very jazz feel, (what's not to like about that?) and is again, very cool. Favorite drumming on the album is in the song "One More Day" which is a very space rock song. Then the keyboard, probably the main instrument on the album. It is quite prominent and is sometimes a nice background, sometimes high pitched and space rocky.

Overall, the songs do have a bit of an improv feel to it. Perhaps it is not as experimental and free flowing as their older work, but this is certainly not a constructed album, at least not entirely. I think it has quite a free feeling, in fact upon very first listen I thought the songs sounded a bit, everywhere and lacked cohesion. I quickly realized this is not a bad thing!

I will say, this album does have quite a pop feel to it as well. I have heard it compared to disco, and I dont know about that, (besides I was born in 1988!) but while the jam feel is present, there is some structure and organization. Given that, along with its mellow and funky feel, this album may be pretty accessible to the mainstream!

As a newcomer to Can, and krautrock in general, I can look at this album with the pre-conceived notions of Can and krautrock. A funky, spacey, mellow and somewhat psychedelic jam session album. Maybe their is too much pop or structure and not enough experimentalism but this is a good album. Especially great to relax to. "November" and "One More Day" are the best tracks on the album, but there is no real weak song.

THREE AND A HALF STARS (Bump 3)

Send comments to JJLehto (BETA) | Report this review (#292370) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 29, 2010

Review by tarkus1980
2 stars So pointless that the band members themselves have disowned it, this one doesn't even have Czukay in a token role, which helps explain why many fans don't acknowledge this as a proper Can album. I will admit that it has some advantages over Delight: it's less monotonous, and I actually honestly enjoy some of the tracks on here, which I wouldn't have said about this album's predecessor. The lows, however, are offensively bad, and the lessening of monotony comes at the price of the band seemingly not having any idea what direction it wants to go, so the album gets the same rating as before.

The highpoint is undoubtedly the moody seven-minute instrumental "November," which uses a lot of tasteful piano to complement some great emotional guitar solos, and which also features (to my ears) something that wasn't found on the last album: a decent blend of the percussion attacks of Jaki and Reebop, where they're clearly distinct but clearly working together. It's nowhere near as good as the better instrumental work from the band's prime, but it's a marked improvement over everything from Saw, and that counts for something.

Other decent tracks include "Seven Days Awake," an instrumental which adds little to Can's legacy but is at least kind enough to be depressing, and the totally incongruous "Give Me No Roses," a bouncy Gee-sung pop number that has a neat little chorus. Unfortunately, that's only three tracks out of seven. The opening "Serpentine" reminds me too much of the kind of noodling that took up Delight (at least it's only four minutes, though), "Pauper's Daughter and I" is an incredibly obnoxious pop song that makes the mistake of lasting a whole six minutes, and the closing "One More Day" is a completely pointless two-minute "astral" instrumental. And, of course, there's "Like INOBE GOD," a piece of "ethnic" muzak with terrible Reebop vocals, the kind of thing I'd expect to hear from a cross between late-period Can and Murph and the Magic Tones (see the movie The Blues Brothers if you don't get what I'm talking about) while dining in a Holiday Inn. This is just AWFUL.

If you're a Can fanatic, hunt down the best tracks from this online. Otherwise, just pretend this never existed; you and the band will get on quite well if you do that.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#388119) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 28, 2011

1 stars This is CAN's nadir. The copy I have on CD retains the original pressing mistakes that plagued the original vinyll release! I've never had the enthusiasm to see if more modern releases fix this problem. (What is the point of a CD that crackles?) The music is perfunctory, a mish mash of clash ... (read more)

Report this review (#35308) | Posted by | Sunday, June 05, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars If you've heard other stuff by Can then you may be surprised; this is funky, fluid, jazzy spaced out [&*!#]. There are some very groovy basslines and soulful vocals. Personally I prefer it to other Can stuff - while still experimental, it sounds more organic and less pretentious and self-conscio ... (read more)

Report this review (#23308) | Posted by | Monday, February 14, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Out Of Reach"