OUT OF REACH

Collectors/fans only

Buy CAN Music
Studio Album, released in 1978

1. Serpentine (4:03)
2. Pauper's Daughter and I (5:51)
3. November (7:37)
4. Seven Days Awake (5:15)
5. Give me no Roses (5:17)
6. Like Inobe God (5:45)
7. One More Day (1:31)

CAN apparently do not consider this a real "CAN" album as it is the only one not reissued on their Spoon Label. Bassist Holger Czukay left the band before the recording sessions, and drummer Jaki Liebezeit has a very limited part.

Search CAN Out Of Reach lyrics

Search CAN Out Of Reach tabs

- Irmin Schmidt / keyboards, vocals
- Rebop Kwaku Baah / percussion, vocals, polymoog
- Rosko Gee / bass, vocals, Fender Rhodes, Flange bass
- Michael Karoli / guitar, violin
- Jaki Liebezeit / drums
- Holger Czukay / bass

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Out Of Reach Music

Monster MovieMonster Movie
Vinyl$17.49
Soon Over BabalunaSoon Over Babaluna
Mute 2009
MICHAEL BOLTON - HOW CAN WE BE LOVERS - THE HUNGER 7" SINGLE P/S NEAR MINT US $1.63 [0 bids]
29m 41s
45 Martha & The Vandellas "I Can't Dance to That Music You're Playin'" 1968 VG++ US $5.00 Buy It Now 30m 3s
WHITE HILLS ? Measured Energy 7" PSYCH EXPO 70 HEADS BARDO POND GNOD GOAT CAN OM US $14.99 [0 bids]
30m 19s
WHITE HILLS ? ODDITY II CD EXPO 70 GNOD MUGSTAR WOODEN SHJIPS GOAT CIRCLE CAN OM US $24.99 [0 bids]
30m 54s
Beatles Can't Buy Me Love Limited edition Picture Disc Mint / Mint US $65.32 Buy It Now 31m 50s
I Can Hear It Now - Edward R Murrow COMPLETE (5 x 78 1948 Columbia MM-800) F/VG US $19.99 Buy It Now 32m 3s
vinyl 12" JIVE BUNNY AND THE MASTERMIXERS CAN CAN YOU PARTY / THE CAN CAN US $9.99 [0 bids]
32m 27s
Elton John - Mama Can't Buy You Love 45 w/ PS 1979 NM / VG+ US $2.49 Buy It Now 32m 43s
NOS ALEXANDER O'NEAL...BROKEN HEART CAN MEND US $8.00 Buy It Now 33m 32s
7A2 used vinyl 7" WALLY JUMP JNR & THE CRIMINAL ELEMENT TIGHTEN UP ( I JUST CAN' US $5.99 [0 bids]
34m 29s
PRINCE "BREAKFAST CAN WAIT" NEW ONE TRACK CD PROMO & PRESS STICKER US $12.72 [2 bids]
35m 1s
VG+ CAL SMITH I'VE LOVED YOU ALL OVER THE WORLD/I CAN FEEL THE LEAVIN' COMING ON US $3.98 Buy It Now 36m 7s
LIONEL RICHIE CAN'T SLOW DOWN CD Richard Marx, Paulinho DaCosta US $3.99 Buy It Now 36m 15s
Barry Gordon TEEN 45 (Cadence PROMO #1431) You Can't Lie To A Liar/See The Trees US $4.66 Buy It Now 36m 45s
Dave Berry - Can I Get it From You - EP - Decca DFE 8625 US $14.70 Buy It Now 36m 52s
RED SOVINE Can I Keep Him Daddy/Red's So Fine 1974 7" 45 VG+ to NM- Chart Record US $2.50 Buy It Now 36m 57s
45 RECORD FOUR TOPS: I CAN'T QUIT YOUR LOVE, HAPPY (IS A BUMPY ROAD) US $6.73 Buy It Now 37m 6s
RON LOWRY Temporary / Can't Keep My Mind Promo 1976 7" 50 States Records VG+ 45 US $2.99 Buy It Now 37m 23s
You Can Hide Inside the Music * by The Harper Brothers (CD, Jan-1993, Verve) US $15.20 Buy It Now 37m 37s
J-LIVE"CAN I GET IT-US ORIG 1996 RAW SHACK US $9.99 Buy It Now 37m 50s
Johnny Nash Best Of 16 Song I Can See Clearly Now CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 38m 5s
MICHAEL STANLEY BAND * HE CAN'T LOVE YOU & CAROLYN * 45 RPM US $4.75 Buy It Now 38m 59s
Jimmy Newman/A Fallen Star-I Can't Go on This Way/Dot 15574/V++ to E- US $15.00 Buy It Now 39m 4s
Various Artists, No Limit Soldiers Comp: We Can't Be Stopped Audio CD US $6.93 Buy It Now 39m 59s
Eddie Money 5 LP Lot. Self,Playing For,Where's the Party,Can't Hold,Life For US $18.99 [0 bids]
40m 24s
Rare R&B/Soul 45 - Jessie Hill - Can't Get Enough - Minit # 646 US $5.99 Buy It Now 40m 51s
Rare Country 45 - Ginger Rater - I Can't Help How I Feel - R & R # 501 US $4.99 Buy It Now 40m 51s
Lionel Richie Can't Slow Down Vintage Cassette Tape US $4.05 Buy It Now 41m 21s
Eddie Kendricks: Can't help what I am / Boogie down 7" 45rpm vinyl record 8b US $1.00 Buy It Now 41m 33s
Steely Dan~"Can't Buy A Thrill"~lp vinyl record ABC Records ABCX-758 US $19.99 Buy It Now 42m 2s
Van Der Graaf Generator- The Least We Can Do Is Wave...- US Probe- Psych/Prog LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 43m 5s
I Can See Clearly Now - Bless This House 2.50 Shipping! US $5.49 Buy It Now 44m 15s
SCARCE COUNTRY LP Lattie Moore You Can't Make Hay US $50.00 Buy It Now 44m 28s
BETTY MADIGAN Ev'ry Time/Can't You Tell MGM K12416 promo FEMME VOCAL 1950s clean US $0.99 Buy It Now 44m 47s
DEAD CAN DANCE Spiritchaser CD, 1996, goth US $2.99 Buy It Now 44m 49s
The Can Monster Movie Sealed New Vinyl US $19.00 Buy It Now 44m 55s
JOHNNY CLARKE "CAN'T GET ENOUGH" 1982 UK ART & CRAFT LP EX/EX US $50.62 [6 bids]
46m 1s
Moe Bandy - Yesterday Once More / I Just Can't Leave Those Honky Tonks Alone US $5.00 [0 bids]
46m 5s
Picture Sleeve ~ The Beatles ~ We Can Work It Out / Day Tripper ~ 1965 US $7.99 [0 bids]
46m 10s
ANDY WILLIAMS CAN'T GET USED TO LOSING YOU LP CBS STEREO (1963) EX++ ENGLAND US $11.41 Buy It Now 46m 59s
LP Elvis : 50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong NM Viny US $8.99 Buy It Now 47m 28s
ANITA DOBSON & THE SIMON MAY ORCHESTRA Anyone Can Fall In Love - 1986 7" US $16.31 Buy It Now 50m 57s
BIG TONE - TRASH CAN MUSIC-CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
51m 37s
BOBBY BOUNCE & SLEEPY BROWN I Can't Wait 12" Time Stretch US $5.99 Buy It Now 51m 53s
Dead Can Dance --- Black Sun Ceremony--- 2 CD US $32.00 Buy It Now 51m 59s
You Can't Imagine How Much Fun We're Having [PA] by Atmosphere (CD, Oct-2005,... US $8.49 Buy It Now 52m 7s
Marty Stuart 7" 45 You Can't Stop Love 25 UNPLAYED COPIES NM MINT US $40.00 Buy It Now 52m 10s
Elvis Presley Polk Salad Annie /I Just Can't Help Belivin' Japan 45 W/PS 500 Yen US $63.99 Buy It Now 53m 14s
Travis Tritt / Can I Trust You With My Heart / A Hundred Years From Now / 7" 45 US $2.33 Buy It Now 53m 56s
CHRIS CAIN BAND (GUI - CAN'T BUY A BREAK - NEW CD US $15.73 Buy It Now 54m 35s
Future Collective ?- Look For The Truth/I Can't Stop This Feeling (GBT)(HARDCORE US $9.78 Buy It Now 56m 10s
Mariah Carey - Can't Let Go (Edit) / To Be Around You 45 rpm 1991 NM US $2.50 Buy It Now 57m 1s
BUZZY LINHART 1974 US Atco NM LP PUSSYCATS CAN GO FAR! jimmy hendrix psych rock US $22.00 Buy It Now 58m 8s
DJ Format If You Can't Join 'Em Beat 'Em 2 LP set Excellent Condition! BuyItNow! US $21.97 Buy It Now 58m 50s
RAYDIO- YOU CAN'T CHANGE THAT/ ROCK ON 7" 45 RPM US $4.99 Buy It Now 59m 22s
howard jones - things can only get better - 7" vinyl single - 1980s - pop US $11.41 Buy It Now 59m 38s
MERCY- LOVE (CAN MAKE YOU HAPPY)- WARNER BROTHERS- UK - PROMO- 7291 US $3.25 [0 bids]
1h
TERRY WOODFORD: She Wants What She Can't Have (soul vinyl 45) US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h
MIRACLES IF YOU CAN WANT VG $30.00 US $30.00 Buy It Now 1h
Phyllis Hyman & Michael Henderson - Can't We Fall In Love Again (VG) Promo #1844 US $11.99 [0 bids]
1h
U2 Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own 2trk Advance Promo cd single MINT US $4.99 [0 bids]
Dean Sapp "Can't You Hear Me Calling" 1988 Bluegrass LP, Nice NM-!, Vinyl US $14.95 Buy It Now 1h 3m
45 rpm - THE CARPENTERS - Calling Occupants Of.... / Can't Smile Without...VG US $5.95 Buy It Now 1h 3m
HANK WILLIAMS: How Can You Refuse Him Now (country vinyl 45) US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Vintage 1983 Motown Records Vinyl Lionel Richie Can't Slow Down 6059 ML US $5.50 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings - He Said I Can b/w It Hurts to Be Alone 45 Daptone US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
The DJ Producer ?- The Only I Can Do It EP (DEATHCHANT 11)(HARDCORE/GABBER)(VG) US $35.09 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Joe Cocker "Luxury You Can Afford" VINTAGE VINYL RECORD ALBUM SEALED!!! 1979 US $9.99 [0 bids]
VARIOUS: Can't Keep From Crying LP (2" bottom seam split, few sm stains obc) ra US $90.00 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Panic! At the Disco - A Fever You Can't Sweat Out (on vinyl) US $67.90 [22 bids]
GLENN MILLER - THE COMPLETE SUSTAINING BROADCASTS, VOL. 4: HEAVEN CAN - NEW CD US $9.67 Buy It Now 1h 7m
TONY BENNETT "WHO CAN I TURN TO" LP 1964 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Rita Coolidge Fool That I Am + Can She Keep You Satisfied Orig 1980 A US $2.50 [0 bids]
UK ENGLAND ROCK 1970s 45 RPM SUZI QUATRO : CAN THE CAN + AIN'T YA SOMETHIN' HONE US $4.99 [0 bids]
Stray Cats - Rock This Town / Can't Hurry Love, Arista SCAT-2 Ex- Condition 7" US $9.78 Buy It Now 1h 8m
CAN: Soundtracks LP (Euro, 2014 reissue) rare Rock & Pop US $40.00 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Can You Stop the Rain by Peabo Bryson (CD, Jun-1991, Columbia (USA)) US $4.49 Buy It Now 1h 9m
NELSON-ONLY TIME WILL TELL /CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOUR LOV US $7.00 [0 bids]
Johnny Janis: The Better To Love You / Can This Be Love 45 US $4.99 [0 bids]
Alana Davis: Can't Find My Way Home, Single Promo Music CD US $5.49 [0 bids]
Petticoat & Vine: Riding A Carousel / Now You Can Fly 45 US $5.69 [0 bids]
Bubber Johnson: I Can't See Why / As Long As I Live 45 - King US $7.89 [0 bids]
Baccara - Yes Sir I Can Boogie 7" Single 1977 US $15.68 Buy It Now 1h 12m
The Dave Clark Five LP Having A Wild Weekend 1965 Orig! Catch Us If You Can US $18.74 Buy It Now 1h 12m
CAN SHE BAKE A CHERRY PIE? - KAREN BLACK- MICHAEL EMIL- FRANCES FISHER-DVD US $0.99 [0 bids]
VERNON DALHART - THE PRISONER'S SONG/DOIN' THE BEST I CAN - 1925 US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Lucid I Can't Help Myself 12" FFRR 1997 US $16.31 Buy It Now 1h 14m
(EG504) Help She Can't Swim, Bunty vs Beano - 2004 DJ CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 14m
The Chi-Lites: Happy being lonely / Love can be hazardo 7" 45rpm vinyl record 8b US $1.00 Buy It Now 1h 14m
RAY BARRETTO- CAN YOU FEEL IT-1978 ATLANTIC STEREO JAZZ-SUMMER SUN-WHIRLPOOL-M-! US $6.00 [0 bids]
SUZI QUATRO can the can/ain't ya somethin' honey ISRAEL ISRAELI 7" HEBREW glam US $200.00 Buy It Now 1h 16m
(EG551) 2Play, It Can't Be Right / Seasons Changed - DJ CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 16m
northern soul TAMMI TERRELL I Can't Believe You Love Me MOTOWN M- hear soundclip US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
DIONNE WARWICK ONLY LOVE CAN BREAK A HEART LP 627 US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
DON HENLEY/i can't stand still/sealed 1982 lp US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Can't Stop Eating [EP] by Starflyer 59 (CD, Oct-2002, Tooth & Nail) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Joe Cocker LP SS Luxury You Can Afford US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
LUTHER VANDROSS CAN HEAVEN WAIT (PROMO/2 SONG+CALL OUT) US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 18m
The Village People: Soundtrack from Can't Stop the Music US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Ray Shaw Mercury 78 That`s What A Song Can Do/ I Love You So Mint US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Out Of Reach ratings distribution

CAN Out Of Reach reviews

Review by soundsweird
2 stars Much like "Can", this album is almost completely lacking any of their earlier inspiration. Blame it on boredom, Czukay's exit, changing musical tastes, or perhaps the well just ran dry. Now, if this is the only Can album you've ever heard, you probably love it (the same goes for "Can" and "Rite Time"), because THAT would make it seem unique, fresh and powerful. The other (glowing) reviews here may be explained by that possibility....

Send comments to soundsweird (BETA) | Report this review (#23309) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Review by Neu!mann
1 stars I've always been a CAN partisan, but not enough to forgive this listless, uninspired 1978 effort: proof that even the greatest bands (and CAN was one of the best) have their off days.

The cracks that appeared with the revamped line-up on their earlier "Saw Delight" finally burst open here, but don't blame newcomers Rebop Kwaku Baah and Rosko Gee (both ex-Traffic). Their arrival didn't upset the balance of talent all that much, but neither shared the same telepathic rapport, developed over a decade of constant playing together, that had powered the essential Krautrock masterpieces of "Tago Mago", "Ege Bamyasi", and "Future Days".

The new chemistry may have worked well enough on "Saw Delight", but that funky dance rhythm toward which the band had been moving ever since their semi-hit single "I Want More" always had a limited shelf life, and apparently didn't carry over to this session. And the album suffered even more without the guiding hand of Holger Czukay, CAN's founding bass guitarist and resident wild card. Listen to his first few solo albums, released at about the same time, to see what's missing here.

Maybe this stumble was overdue. After a decade of intense, sometimes phenomenal creativity the group (what was left of it) was clearly running on fumes, sounding as if they had forgotten, or (worse yet) couldn't be bothered to listen to each other anymore. Even on the improvised instrumental tracks ("Serpentine" and "November"), typically CAN's strongest suit and raison d' Ítre, the group sounds like they're simply going through the motions, eating up studio time in a rush to fill their contract obligations. And the other songs could almost be by anybody, not the sort of criticism normally leveled at a CAN composition.

In the end the title of the album proved to be more than a little prophetic, to the point where the band itself has long since disowned it. Spoon Records, the CAN parent company, is currently on a four-year schedule to re-master every album the band ever released, from their 1969 debut "Monster Movie" to the 1989 reunion "Rite Time", with the notable exception of this one. I've always had a soft spot of sympathy for it: the lost Little Match Girl of the greater CAN discography. But that doesn't change my opinion of it, sadly enough, or make it in any way a better album. Thankfully, the band would pick itself off the mat in time for another round (or two): see 1979's self-titled album, a.k.a. "Inner Space", and the 1989 "Rite Time" epilogue.

Send comments to Neu!mann (BETA) | Report this review (#45847) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Review by Tom Ozric
4 stars Funny how certain albums by certain bands are often dismissed, even by the band members themselves. I just wonder what I see in some of these albums - CAN's 'Out of Reach' being one of these obscure platters. Some time in the late 90's, I managed to obtain the later Can records almost in one go - and I love each and every one of them. Totally different from their pioneering 'Kraut' style, this later, more conventional approach may have almost crushed their revolutionary anarchic reputation, but I still find the music here original, diverse and still containing some powerful elements. Irmin Schmidt's Keyboards maintain a 'spacious' quality to them, Jaki Liebezeit continues thumping out his 'motoric' rhythms, doubled with colossal percussive work from Rebop Kwaku Baah (ex- TRAFFIC). Bassist Rosko Gee (also ex-Traffic) is a mighty fine player, and has a pleasant voice. Michael Karoli contributes his distinctive fumbly, abrasive guitar style with verve, the lengthy jam 'November' being a superb example. Two of the songs here are quite funky and groove-based, almost poppish in fact - 'Pauper's Daughter and I' and 'Give Me No Roses' - both penned by Rosko Gee (much to the chagrin of the original, 'democratic' minded members) with Schmidt gracing 'Pauper' with some dazzling synth textures, and 'Roses' bringing us a cool, laid-back mood. 'Serpentine', 'Seven Days Awake' and 'One More Day' are three dynamic instrumental pieces, featuring Flanged Basses and, at times, processed Drums, making for some quite intense listening. 'Like Inobe God' is a strange, percussive-heavy tune led by Rebop, which is decorated with a spacey vibe. Another very interesting German release. 4 stars !

Send comments to Tom Ozric (BETA) | Report this review (#156606) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars This album also exists in an issue where it is paired with the preceding album 'Can', which, to make things entirely confusing, has also been released under the name 'Inner Space'. Well, the issue with its companion Inner Space might be your safest bet here as this album is a bit of a scanty carbon copy of that great 'Inner Spavce' album. Yes I know every one else has a different opinion on that one :)

Serpentine, November and Seven Days Awake are emblematic for this albums problem. They are ok instrumentals but don't add anything to the superior stuff on Inner Space. And certainly nothing at all if you consider the whole Can oeuvre. Pauper's Daughter is more interesting, at least it features a vocal line that is quite different from what they had done before. Almost a soul croon.

If you can find the album release where it is paired to Inner Space in a second hand store, you shouldn't hesitate. At least if you like the more polished funk and electronic Can sound from the end of the 70ties.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#248122) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Review by JJLehto
3 stars Krautrock. I had no idea what it was and frankly, thought it was one of those made up genre's that didn't really exist, and that krautrock was really just German prog rock bands. Apparently it is psychedelic prog rock with very jazzy influences, long minimalist sections and improv. Wait, how is this not like some prog rock? OK, no more genre clerical rants from me. This is my first foray into krautrock, but maybe not since this album is apparently quite different from most of Can's work. OI!

OK, this is a pretty cool album. It has a very mellow to it. Lots of keyboard, jazzyness (mainly in the drumming) mild guitar, funky bass riffs and psychedelic sections. There is even some space rock! The guitar solos on this album are awesome. They are soulful and emotional. They are quite melodic, and range from sustains to hendrixesque trippy noodling and screaming. Some distortion thrown in there to boot.Throw on top some very soothing vocals. They are somewhat infrequent, often soft and always nice.

I mentioned the guitar solos which are maybe my favorite part of the album, but the bass riffs are truly great. Very funky. The drumming is also quite good, and ranges from simple beat keeping, to wild and jazzy. The drumming overall has a very jazz feel, (what's not to like about that?) and is again, very cool. Favorite drumming on the album is in the song "One More Day" which is a very space rock song. Then the keyboard, probably the main instrument on the album. It is quite prominent and is sometimes a nice background, sometimes high pitched and space rocky.

Overall, the songs do have a bit of an improv feel to it. Perhaps it is not as experimental and free flowing as their older work, but this is certainly not a constructed album, at least not entirely. I think it has quite a free feeling, in fact upon very first listen I thought the songs sounded a bit, everywhere and lacked cohesion. I quickly realized this is not a bad thing!

I will say, this album does have quite a pop feel to it as well. I have heard it compared to disco, and I dont know about that, (besides I was born in 1988!) but while the jam feel is present, there is some structure and organization. Given that, along with its mellow and funky feel, this album may be pretty accessible to the mainstream!

As a newcomer to Can, and krautrock in general, I can look at this album with the pre-conceived notions of Can and krautrock. A funky, spacey, mellow and somewhat psychedelic jam session album. Maybe their is too much pop or structure and not enough experimentalism but this is a good album. Especially great to relax to. "November" and "One More Day" are the best tracks on the album, but there is no real weak song.

THREE AND A HALF STARS (Bump 3)

Send comments to JJLehto (BETA) | Report this review (#292370) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 29, 2010

Review by tarkus1980
2 stars So pointless that the band members themselves have disowned it, this one doesn't even have Czukay in a token role, which helps explain why many fans don't acknowledge this as a proper Can album. I will admit that it has some advantages over Delight: it's less monotonous, and I actually honestly enjoy some of the tracks on here, which I wouldn't have said about this album's predecessor. The lows, however, are offensively bad, and the lessening of monotony comes at the price of the band seemingly not having any idea what direction it wants to go, so the album gets the same rating as before.

The highpoint is undoubtedly the moody seven-minute instrumental "November," which uses a lot of tasteful piano to complement some great emotional guitar solos, and which also features (to my ears) something that wasn't found on the last album: a decent blend of the percussion attacks of Jaki and Reebop, where they're clearly distinct but clearly working together. It's nowhere near as good as the better instrumental work from the band's prime, but it's a marked improvement over everything from Saw, and that counts for something.

Other decent tracks include "Seven Days Awake," an instrumental which adds little to Can's legacy but is at least kind enough to be depressing, and the totally incongruous "Give Me No Roses," a bouncy Gee-sung pop number that has a neat little chorus. Unfortunately, that's only three tracks out of seven. The opening "Serpentine" reminds me too much of the kind of noodling that took up Delight (at least it's only four minutes, though), "Pauper's Daughter and I" is an incredibly obnoxious pop song that makes the mistake of lasting a whole six minutes, and the closing "One More Day" is a completely pointless two-minute "astral" instrumental. And, of course, there's "Like INOBE GOD," a piece of "ethnic" muzak with terrible Reebop vocals, the kind of thing I'd expect to hear from a cross between late-period Can and Murph and the Magic Tones (see the movie The Blues Brothers if you don't get what I'm talking about) while dining in a Holiday Inn. This is just AWFUL.

If you're a Can fanatic, hunt down the best tracks from this online. Otherwise, just pretend this never existed; you and the band will get on quite well if you do that.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#388119) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 28, 2011

1 stars This is CAN's nadir. The copy I have on CD retains the original pressing mistakes that plagued the original vinyll release! I've never had the enthusiasm to see if more modern releases fix this problem. (What is the point of a CD that crackles?) The music is perfunctory, a mish mash of clash ... (read more)

Report this review (#35308) | Posted by | Sunday, June 05, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars If you've heard other stuff by Can then you may be surprised; this is funky, fluid, jazzy spaced out [&*!#]. There are some very groovy basslines and soulful vocals. Personally I prefer it to other Can stuff - while still experimental, it sounds more organic and less pretentious and self-conscio ... (read more)

Report this review (#23308) | Posted by | Monday, February 14, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Out Of Reach"