Can

3. Sunday Jam (4:17)
4. Sodom (5:43)
5. Aspectacle (5:52)
Side 2
6. EFS No. 99 "Can Can" (3:16)
7. Ping Pong (0:25) Traditional
8. Can be (3:00)

This album was later released under the name "Inner Space" in 1985 under the Thunderbolt label and also included on the 1998 Thunderbolt release: "Inner Space / Out of Reach".

Search CAN Can lyrics

Search CAN Can tabs

- Michael Karoli / guitar, vocal, bass on "Can Be"
- Irmin Schmidt / keyboard, synthesizers
- Jaki Liebezeit / drums
- Rosko Gee / bass
- Reebop Kwaku Baah / percussion

Lps-Spoon records

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Can Music

Can Box Music: Live 1971-1977Can Box Music: Live 1971-1977
Mute U.S. 1999
CAN - CAN (180 GRAMM LP+MP3) LP + DOWNLOAD NEW+ USD $26.23 Buy It Now 4h 30m
"Cole Porter's Can-Can" Original Broadway Cast LP USD $17.74 Buy It Now 5h 40m
LOUIS CLARK ROYAL PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA 'HOOKED ON CAN CAN' UK 7" SINGLE USD $1.52 Buy It Now 10h 47m
CASSETTE NEW BAD MANNERS Can Can Ska Music Malaysia Release USD $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 3m
CAN-CAN - Cast Recording - Excellent Condition LP Record Filelio TLA 9082 USD $12.25 Buy It Now 12h 11m
Can Can - 4 Prong Bad Manners 7" vinyl single record UK MAG190 MAGNET 1981 USD $15.24 Buy It Now 13h 44m
Can Can Music (Omega PLS 3008 Stereo) USD $12.49 Buy It Now 13h 50m
BAD MANNERS-CAN CAN-YUGO PS 45rpm 1981-UNIQUE LABEL-SKA USD $16.00 Buy It Now 14h 5m
Mark Andrews - Cole Porter's Can Can (Spin-O-Rama MK 3080) USD $12.49 Buy It Now 14h 8m
ORIGINAL CAST: Can-can (soundtrack & cast vinyl LP) USD $20.00 Buy It Now 14h 26m
Pop Promo Nm! 45 Jose Felicano - Yes We Can Can / Yes We Can Can On Rca USD $3.00 [0 bids]
Frank Sinatra-Can-Can CD NEW USD $10.04 Buy It Now 14h 43m
BAD MANNERS CAN CAN ARMCHAIR DISCO 7" VINYL SINGLE PIC SLEEVE USD $5.35 Buy It Now 16h 34m
COLE POTER'S CAN CAN SEALED UK PRESS FIDELIO LABEL LP USD $25.95 Buy It Now 16h 52m
Nelson Riddle And His Orchestra ?- Can Can EX Vinyl, Stereo Stage USD $6.60 Buy It Now 17h 8m
Bernard Peiffer Plays Cole Porters Can Can LP Top Rank 30031 EX/EX 1960 Plays USD $22.23 Buy It Now 17h 12m
THE POINTER SISTERS Yes We Can Can JET-2258 EP wc8266 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
CAN - CAN (REISSUE) (180GM) NEW VINYL USD $22.19 Buy It Now 19h
Bad Manners - Can Can USD $13.07 Buy It Now 19h
BAD MANNERS CAN CAN / ARMCHAIR DISCO VINYL 7" SINGLE USD $3.05 Buy It Now 19h 39m
Cole Porter's Can-Can [BROADWAY CLASSICS CD] USD $19.94 Buy It Now 19h 41m
Various Can Can LP Capitol SW1301 EX/EX 1960 original soundtrack album, with USD $17.63 Buy It Now 23h 22m
Hits From CAN-CAN EP1950s Les Baxter / Kay Starr / Nat King Cole / Gordon McRae USD $7.67 Buy It Now 23h 28m
Can Can You Party, Jive Bunny, Good USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Offenbach - Virtuoso: Can Can Gaite Parisienne CD USD $15.29 Buy It Now 1 day
CAN-CAN Frank Sinatra 1960 CAPITOL STEREO LP NM 1st iss USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Frank Sinatra, etc. - 'Can Can' OST, later US LP. Ex! USD $7.65 Buy It Now 1 day
FRANK SINATRA Can Can UK Mono twin track reel tape great shape USD $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Carnival In Coal(CD Album)French Can Can-Kodiac-KOD 001/ USD $8.59 Buy It Now 1 day
Mimi Benzell & Felix Knight - Can Can & Kiss Me Kate LP Cole Porter Allegro UK USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BAD MANNERS - Can Can - 1981 UK 7" Vinyl Single USD $10.72 Buy It Now 1 day
LA BANDA DE CHUCHO - EL BARRILITO - MEXICAN LP el pichi AMOR APACHE can can USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Various - Cole Porter's Can-Can: Original Soundtrack Album USD $2.00 Buy It Now 1 day
FRANK SINATRA 7 VINYL LP COLLECTION - JOBLOT - CAN CAN, JOEY, MY WAY, VERY BEST USD $13.02 [0 bids]
JIVE BUNNY & THE MASTERMIXERS - Can Can You Party - 1990 UK 7" Vinyl Single USD $22.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Can : Can (Remastered) CD (2012) USD $8.70 Buy It Now 1 day
Cole Porter American Musical Cassettes Time Life Broadway Can Can Anything Goes USD $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Can-Can And The Offenbach's Can-Can Medley 33 1/3 Long Play Record USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE POINTER SISTERS Yes We Can Can JET-2258 EP wc8535 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
OST / "RED WAX" Can - Can CSP-1036 LP Av8454 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
JERRY JEROME 45 Can-Can Meringue / Making Whoopee Cha Cha LATIN Exotica e464 USD $15.00 [0 bids]
Cole Porter Capitol EP 45 Record Box Set #452 VG Can-Can I Love Paris USD $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
COLE PORTER, CAN CAN - LP USD $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY OSBORNE can can vocal highlights R-199-189 usa paris LP PS EX/EX USD $40.41 Buy It Now 1 day
CAN CAN soundtrack frank sinatra/shirley maclaine W 1301 1st uk LP PS EX/EX USD $17.31 Buy It Now 1 day
OFFENBACH-ROSENTHAL AUTHENTIC CAN-CAN MUSIC GAIETE PARISIENNE USD $6.00 [0 bids]
CAN CAN STAINLESS STEEL LP REORD / PROMOTIONAL USD $7.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Classic Dance Songs CD at the hop happy & you know it locomotion can you can can USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BERNARD PEIFFER PLAYS COLE PORTERS CAN CAN RECORD ALBUM USD $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SOUNDTRACK " CAN - CAN" FRANK SINATRA CAPITOL UK PRESS VINYL LP ALBUM USD $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CAN CAN - F. SINATRA / S. MacLAINE - CAPITOL LP + 11 1/2" X 15" SOUVENIR BOOKLET USD $14.95 Buy It Now 2 days
CAN-CAN Lilo/Gwen Verdon 1953 CAPITOL Red Label LP NM/VG+ USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
NORTON YORK TRIO - COME AND WATCH EM CAN-CAN 7" RARE EP Up The Junction USD $7.65 Buy It Now 2 days
BAD MANNERS - CAN CAN ARMCHAIR DISCO MAG190 7" VINYL RECORD EX 37 USD $4.43 Buy It Now 2 days
Bad Manners - Can Can 7" 1981 Ex/Vg Magnet MAG190 USD $3.82 Buy It Now 2 days
Frank Sinatra & Shirley MacLaine - Can Can [Original Soundtrack Album] LP USD $4.58 [0 bids]
[LP] Can-can,Soundtrack Sinatra, Maclaine (Capitol) Uruguay OST USD $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CAN - Can (remastered) - LP USD $21.29 Buy It Now 2 days
Benny Carter - Plays Cole Porte`S Can - Can And Anything Goes Cd New USD $24.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Promo Capitol 2493 Bob Manning It's All Right With Me Can Can Musical EXC+ USD $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
PICTURE SLEEVE 7" - Bad manners - Can can - mag 190 USD $10.72 Buy It Now 2 days
Bad Manners Can Can / Armchair Disco 1981 7" Inch Vinyl Single Mag190 USD $10.69 Buy It Now 2 days
Benny Carter - Can Can and Anythign Goes / Aspects [2 albums on 1 CD], Shelly M. USD $16.05 Buy It Now 2 days
Benny Carter - Can Can and Anythign Goes / Aspects [2 albums on 1. 843654201559. USD $13.98 Buy It Now 2 days
90'S 45 Sheryl Crow - We Do What We Can / Can'T Cry Anymore On A USD $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
7" single, Can Can by Bad Manners. USD $1.52 [0 bids]
C'EST MAGNIFIQUE-50's Rare Film Sheet music 'CAN-CAN' - Cole Porter USD $18.40 Buy It Now 2 days
Peter Jay & The Jaywalkers "Can-Can '62 bw Redskins" excellent Decca F.11531 USD $1.98 [0 bids]
J. OFFENBACH The French Can-Can Polka SHEET MUSIC Australia USD $7.67 Buy It Now 2 days
C'EST MAGNIFIQUE Cole Porter SHEET MUSIC Australia CAN-CAN USD $7.67 Buy It Now 2 days
1954 Ronnie Harris I Love Paris (From Can Can) / I Still Believe UK 45 rpm NM- USD $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SEALED Cole Porter CAN-CAN Film Soundtrack LP SINATRA USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Buggs Can Can and Triggerman: Y2G's by Showboys (CD, Apr-2000, Papergame... USD $35.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GENEVIEVE s/t, ORIGINAL 1959 LP RECORD, NEAR MINT! C'est Magnifique, Can-Can... USD $12.95 Buy It Now 2 days
The Three Suns "Sugar Blues"/"The French Can-Can Polka" Vinyl 45 Record VG+ USD $4.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Can- can (Mini Lp) (CD) USD $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Various Artists - Can Can CD USD $11.89 Buy It Now 3 days
CAN-CAN - Original Soundtrack - Capitol W1301 -1960 -Sinatra, MacLaine,Chevalier USD $6.12 Buy It Now 3 days
BOSTON POPS ORCHESTRA - CAN-CAN - 7" 45 VINYL RECORD 1957 USD $7.63 Buy It Now 3 days
BAD MANNERS "CAN CAN" "ARMCHAIR DISCO" MAGNET MAG190 VG/+ 1981 SKA see others ! USD $3.07 Buy It Now 3 days
Virtuoso: Can Can Gaite Parisienne - Offenbach,J. New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Fre USD $18.47 Buy It Now 3 days
Lot of 15 Records 5 78 RPMs & 10 45 RPMs Can-Can Ella Fitzgerald Jerome Kern USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Bad Manners - Can Can Mint UK 7" single with picture sleeve M/M USD $12.26 Buy It Now 3 days
Bad Manners - Can Can UK 7" single with picture sleeve EX/NM USD $9.20 Buy It Now 3 days
Bad Manners - Can Can UK 7" single with picture sleeve VG/VG USD $7.67 Buy It Now 3 days
BAD MANNERS - Can Can - 1981 UK 7" Juke Box Vinyl Single USD $10.72 Buy It Now 3 days
THE POINTER SISTERS Fairytale / Yes We Can Can MCA 45 USD $4.49 Buy It Now 3 days
CAPITOL label company sleeve - red ink on brown stock; plugs "Can-Can" - 7" USD $4.00 Buy It Now 3 days
COLE PORTER'S CAN CAN ( VINYL LP ) USD $6.12 Buy It Now 3 days
Can - Can (Inner Space) - Sealed 180g Vinyl LP + CD g USD $25.99 Buy It Now 3 days
LIGHT SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA Strauss Polkas / Offenbach Can Can 12" 78 HMV C2963 USD $19.91 Buy It Now 3 days
KNOWONE - NEVER / BOOMSHANKA MIX 4 TRACK 12" Vinyl (CAN CAN) CLASSIC PIANO HOUSE USD $11.48 Buy It Now 3 days
Can-Can - Original Soundtrack (CD, Delta Leisure) Maclaine, Sinatra, Jourdan USD $3.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Stainless Steel / Can-Can / LP NM USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
COLE PORTER'S Can-Can Box Set Capitol Records 2 45s Original Broadway Cast B761 USD $15.02 Buy It Now 3 days
THE POINTER SISTERS Self Titled LP BLUE THUMB yes we can can USD $3.00 Buy It Now 3 days
London Theatre Company/KISMET & CAN CAN/Richmond-London B 20077 Sealed NEW USD $20.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Offenbach: Can Can/GaitÚ Parisienne/Overtures 0028947854081, CD, BRAND NEW USD $14.10 Buy It Now 4 days
bad manners - can can 7" vinyl USD $4.91 Buy It Now 4 days
Bad Manners Can Can UK 45 7" single +Picture Sleeve +Armchair Disco USD $30.65 Buy It Now 4 days
LP future days
LP soundtracks
~ USD $18.41
LP tago mago: live

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Can ratings distribution

CAN Can reviews

Review by soundsweird
2 stars I guess the inspiration had run out by this time. "Saw Delight" was pretty good, even with the lower-profile contributions of Holger Czukay, but this album finds the group doing a contractual-obligation snoozer. It's been some time since I sold this CD, so it's hard to give a precise post-mortem. I guess the best advice I can give is to stay away from anything after "Saw Delight".

Review by obiter
1 stars Time to review a couple of my least favourite albums ... it could get ugly (well at least it's not Amon Dull)

Cleverly Can lull you into a false sense of security at the opening. All Gates Open is actually quite passable. Not a lot happens, passable in this context is really a euphemism for not mind-numbingly awful. I can't help but think of waling in on a friends' we sister who was playing the family electric organ with a frighteningly annoying drum rhythm playing, and plonking a few keys with a disproportionate sense of glee. Safe is actually worse.

Sunday Jam is a welcome surprise. I found myself getting up and making a cup of tea as I thought the CD had stalled and inane elevator music was filling the gap. No, Sunday Jam is that elevator music. The lack of an elevator in my house should have given it away earlier.

Spectacle is actually quite a pleasant funky Starsky and Hutch number with an echoing mouth harp and some quite smart bass. Despite my prejudice I've got to admit this one is just a little bit groovy.

Ping pong is half a minute a ping pong ball bouncing on a table tennis table, You might think that's a pile of BS but you have to reserve that accolade for the truly dreadful cringe worthy Can Be (Can-can) number. How could anyone think this was a good idea? And even if they did, surely, but surely someone must have realised how hideously irritating and Goon Bay Dance Band this is. The Birdy Song and Grandad sound like prog classics in comparison.

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
2 stars When I listen to this album, I keep feeling that I should be seeing Mike Myers, as Dieter on Saturday Night, whining, "Now iss ze time on Sprockets vhen ve dance."

This isn't a completely terrible Can album, it does have some listenable jams, but it in no way stands up to the better Can albums. Karoli, Schmidt and company are by no means virtuosos, but with the use of a studio full of effects, they come up with an album full of odd sounding dance tunes, but not terribly progressive ones.

Can? I'm not very certain they could at that point in their history.

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars Can's last album exists under three different titles. I've come to know it as Inner Space, but it is also listed as Can and it exists as a package where it is crammed onto one CD together with Out Of Reach. I've always loved this album so as a special tribute I'll post a review for this edition as well.

All Gates Open is a laid-back song on an entrancing chill-out groove. Almost sounding like Legendary Pink Dots, with that combination of bouncy, almost happy rhythms with melancholic layers of sound on top of it. Not entirely different from what they had done before but still quite a step further into new wave and dance territory. Excellent tune.

Next on is one of my favorite Can songs: Safe. It opens right into a very unsettling passage with hesitating, almost longing vocals on top of a complex drum and bass background. Then it gradually shifts into a cool funk groove with very simple but effective guitars. Another good minute further on the track gets very experimental. Still funky but with layers of sonics on top of it: guitars, vocals and tons of effects washing in and out like the waves of the sea. As far as I'm concerned they could have maintained this groove for 10 more minutes.

Sunday Jam is a great instrumental. Latin meets Kraut on this spaced-out guitar salsa. Sodom is another fluid guitar piece but more menacing. Almost a funeral march with cosmic electronics and bluesy guitar.

A Spectacle concludes this unbelievable consistent string of songs. Excellent funky beats. I could enjoy this tune for just the drum track alone. But on top of it you get that typical crazy Can ranting and weird electronics. Prog you can boogie to. Oh yes!

The remaining 7 minutes of the album are less spectacular. EFS Nr 99 is a cheesy bit of fun that is guaranteed to bring a smile on your face but not much more. It kind of breaks the gloomy atmosphere of the album and it's followed by 21 equally silly minutes of ping pong and the short album outro Can Be that kind of continues the tone set with EFS Nr 99.

Can went through many phases, this album is an example of their smoother and funkier style. It doesn't contain as much innovative aspects as the previous couple of albums but with 5 strong tracks amounting to 30 great minutes it's a solid 4 star again.

Review by kenethlevine
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog-Folk Team
3 stars I guess the iceberg credited with sinking the titanic is destined to have all subsequent achievements measured unfavourably against its coup de grace. CAN is highly regarded among the prog elite and far beyond prog - many artists of the 70s, 80s and beyond name CAN as a significant influence, and these include both other Krautrockers as well as those further afield. While I am only familiar with a small portion of their output, I actually find this late 70s effort to be superior to the contemporaneous work by many of the prog giants of the day.

The playing is inspired, at times virtuous, the beats are infectious, albeit a bit too regular for the average elite prog fan, and the musicality of the exercises shine through all the period trappings in "Safe" and "Sunday Jam". These showcase Michael Karoli's guitar work and Irmin Schmidt's keys. There's generally a lot going on here but it succeeds in being mellow and groovy at the same time. Then again, "Sodom" and "Aspectacled" might be what detractors were referring to, trying to hard to establish a cool vibe, but the latter does have a decent synth theme. Luckily "Can Can", another installment of the ethnological forgery series kicks off its heels and provides welcome levity and clarity.

As someone who is not a fan of Kraut rock per se, my opinion might have more or less value to you depending on where you sit, but it seems that what CAN can do at their erstwhile worst is a pretty decent kick at the can.

Review by tarkus1980
3 stars I actually kinda like this album, as opposed to the last two which I kinda loathed. It's the same lineup as before, so there are certainly many instances of the same noodly boring stuff (or, in the case of "A Spectacle," ill-conceived and incompetent attempts at pop) that I didn't like from these guys before, but there are also tracks where the band's new jamming style seems to mesh. In particular, the opening two tracks, the longest on the album, each manage to keep my attention through almost their entire lengths, which definitely couldn't be said about "Animal Waves" from Saw Delight (which ran almost as long on its own as these two tracks put together). "All Gates Open" combines harmonica in the first part with some actual warmth in Schmidt's tone and note choices, and "Safe" kinda works as a 1979 update of the Flow Motion vibe. It's gritty, it's groovy, and it's sooooo German, (in a Kraftwerk way more than a typical Can way), and I like it, dagnabbit.

The next three tracks take the band into (by now) typical territory, which of course means that the rating inevitably goes down, though at least "Sodom" has somewhat of an air of morbidity. Just when I've resigned myself to the same ole head drooping, though, the album takes the ultimate left turn. Yes, I am speaking of the band's cover of "Can-Can," a track so wrong on every level that I nearly keel over laughing every time, and that's a good thing. I can see why many fans would hate it, of course; this is the kind of thing that Mannheim Steamroller spent their whole career doing, and the kind of thing people hate ELP for bringing about in the first place. But man, this isn't something the band did on a regular basis; this is a one-time joke from a band that never showed on-the-job humor, and it's an opportunity to make complete fools of themselves that the band takes full advantage of. Oh man, Karoli doesn't even try to show any "good taste" or restraint in his guitar sounds on this, a basically note-for-note cover of the original, and it's all for the better. The last track, which is basically variations on "Can-Can," is a hoot too.

A brief review of a largely insignificant album, yes, but an album I'm not sorry to have heard. The band really had no future at this point, and it was a good thing for them to break up, but there have been far worse farewell albums in history, and I'm glad to say that I really like more than twenty minutes of this.

4 stars I find I am always a dissenter when it comes to this album. I own most of the early stuff, and though it is great in it's own way, alot of it was recorded on primitive equipment. And if you haven't figured it out by now, Can was basically an improvising band...what you heard on their albums was ... (read more)

Report this review (#159778) | Posted by ProggaWogga | Friday, January 25, 2008 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I remember hoping and praying for a return to form with this album, and you can tell that the band are trying. But without Czukay it's a hard slog. There's none of the inventive power of the early albums. Nothing here astonishes or delights. In parts the album is almost unlistenably bland. The ... (read more)

Report this review (#35309) | Posted by | Sunday, June 05, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Can"