RITE TIME

Can Rite Time album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy CAN Music
Studio Album, released in 1989

1. On The Beautiful side of a Romance (7:27)
2. The Withoutlaw Man (5:00)
3. Below This Level (PATIENT'S SONG)(3:43)
4. Thief (5:03)
5. Movin' right Along (3:24)
6. Like a new Child (7:41)
7. Hoolah Hoolah (4:31)
8. Give The Drummer Some (6:44)
9. In The Distance lies the Future (4:02)

Search CAN Rite Time lyrics

- Holger Czukay / French horn, dictaphone, bass, synthesizers
- Malcom Mooney / vocals

Lps-Spoon records

Actual Time 46.15

and to uduwudu for the last updates

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Rite Time Music

Tago MagoTago Mago
Mute 2014
Vinyl$25.98
LP THE VOICE MALCOLM ROBERTS BRAZIL- INCLUDING WE CAN MAKE IN PORTUGUES 7E- US $40.00 Buy It Now 29m 37s
*RARE* AMERICA You Can Do Magic even score M- CANADA press Capitol rock pop US $1.99 [0 bids]
29m 58s
MIS-TEEQ Can'T Get It Back CD 4 Tracks, Ignorants Radio Edit/Deliquent Remix/Vi US $5.39 Buy It Now 30m 8s
BILLY SWAN, Ways Of A Woman In Love-I Can Help 45 Monu ZS8-8621 VG+ 1974 US $5.95 [0 bids]
30m 28s
Northern Soul 45 PARLIAMENTS Testify/I Can Feel The Ice Melting Revilot HEAR US $7.99 [0 bids]
30m 30s
7'' EP THE BEATLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE PORTUGAL RARE PARLOPHONE LMEP 1178 US $99.99 Buy It Now 30m 53s
BOOTSY'S RUBBER BAND (Can't Stay Away) Warner Bros. 8403 = PROMOTIONAL copy US $4.20 Buy It Now 31m 19s
STILL SEALED CD ReBeca I CAN GET BY - Copyright: 2000 TEXAS GIRL ROCK US $9.75 [0 bids]
31m 22s
Pozo Seco Singers I Can Make It With You promo DJ LP VG++ glossy vinyl US $8.00 Buy It Now 31m 28s
Garland Green You Can't Get Away That Easy DJ Promo 45 vG++ US $7.00 Buy It Now 31m 28s
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "Can't Buy Me Love" "You Can't Do That" Round Capitol label US $22.00 Buy It Now 31m 30s
Modern Soul (45) NATURE'S DIVINE "I Just Can't Control Myself" (Infinity) HEAR ! US $6.99 [0 bids]
31m 36s
SNMNMNM - As Best as We Can CD (2004) Unschooled Rec's US $5.49 Buy It Now 31m 40s
VEE ALLEN: Can I / Cheating Is A No No LION 140 SOUL 45 RECORDs US $4.99 Buy It Now 31m 44s
BETTY EVERETT Better Tomorrow Than Today I Can't Say No To You UNI 55122 SOUL 45 US $4.99 Buy It Now 31m 44s
AVA CHERRY I Just Can't Shake The Feeling RSO 1027 RARE PROMO 45 US $4.99 Buy It Now 31m 44s
TIMMY THOMAS: Why Can't We Live Together / Funky Me GLADES 1703 SOUL 45 RECORD US $1.49 Buy It Now 31m 44s
RAY CHARLES If You Were Mine Till I Can't Take It Anymore ABC TRC 11271 SOUL 45 US $2.50 Buy It Now 31m 44s
SLADE: In For A Penny / Can You Just Imagine POLYDOR 2058 MADE IN ENGLAND 45 US $14.99 Buy It Now 31m 44s
GARLAND GREEN: I Can't Believe You Quit Me / Jealous Kind Of UNI 55143 SOUL 45 US $6.99 Buy It Now 31m 44s
R.B. HUDMON: How Can I Be A Witness ATLANTIC 3318 PROMO RARE SOUL 45 US $8.00 Buy It Now 31m 44s
THE FIESTAS Sometimes Storm / I Can't Shake RESPECT 2509 NORTHERN SOUL PROMO 45 US $14.99 Buy It Now 31m 44s
ASHRA Belle Alliance CD CDV 2163 West Germany krautrock Manuel Gottsching can US $10.60 [6 bids]
32m 13s
Northern Soul 45 PAUL KELLY Since I Found You/Can't Help It Dial HEAR US $14.50 [3 bids]
32m 24s
MILLIE JACKSON: Ask Me What / I Just Can't SPRING 123 NORTHERN SOUL 45 RECORD US $0.99 Buy It Now 32m 46s
JERRY LEE LEWIS I Can't Stop Loving You / One Has My Name SMASH 2224 45 US $1.00 Buy It Now 32m 46s
OLIVER: Can't You See / Good Morning Starshine JUBILEE 5659 BOB CREWE 45 US $1.00 Buy It Now 32m 46s
STEELY DAN - Can't Buy A Thrill - 1998 - CD - MCAD-11886 - UPC 0 08811-18862 7 US $2.79 [0 bids]
32m 55s
DOVELLS: You Can't Sit Down LP (Mono, co @ top seam, disc like new!) rare Vocal US $45.00 Buy It Now 33m 14s
Fat Boys ?- Can You Feel It US $5.99 Buy It Now 33m 30s
MONORAIL I Can See You In The Mirror CD 3 Tracks Inc What Do You Get+Between He US $5.39 Buy It Now 33m 46s
GILBERT O'SULLIVAN - CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOU 7" VINYL US $9.10 Buy It Now 34m 9s
Michael Stanley Band - You Can't Fight Fashion LP US $5.99 [0 bids]
34m 31s
MORCHEEBA Who Can You Trust CD 12 Track Album, Zen009Cd US $7.87 Buy It Now 34m 36s
BILLY PEEK ~ Can A White Boy Play The Blues? - BLUE VINYL Private LP - St Louis US $50.00 Buy It Now 35m 1s
ASH RA TEMPEL Le Berceau de Cristal CD Recorded in 1975 Spalax krautrock neu can US $38.10 [25 bids]
35m 13s
MOTOR ACE Carry On CD 4 Tracks, Orig Version/Video/Can'T Ask You Twice/Own Way US $5.39 Buy It Now 35m 17s
Rock 'n' Roll (45 P/S) The Honeycombs "I Can't Stop" (Interphon) 1964 exc US $5.59 [0 bids]
35m 24s
All You Can Eat / Les Is More Pink Uzi 7" EP L.I.M.P. Records none Near Mint (N US $11.77 [0 bids]
35m 32s
Hear VIRGIL MANIA Space Cadet/I Can't Find Her MANIA 7"1981 New Jersey POWER PO US $7.67 [0 bids]
35m 37s
THE DRIFTERS / COMPANY SLEEVE " CAN I TAKE YOU HOME LITTLE GIRL " BELL 1975 45 US $0.83 [0 bids]
35m 54s
? Jimmy Cliff - Struggling Man (Island 9343) (with "Can't Stop Worrying...") US $19.99 Buy It Now 36m 42s
(DI990) Wiley, Can You Hear Me? (Ayayaya) - 2012 DJ CD US $4.96 Buy It Now 36m 54s
(538T) The Lemonheads, I Just Can't Take it Anym- DJ CD US $4.96 Buy It Now 37m 3s
ARTIE SHAW & His Gramercy Five I Can't Get Started LP RARE Mint'56 S Africa HEAR US $43.77 [0 bids]
37m 3s
ELLINGTON 78" A SLIP OF THE SLIP CAN SINK A SHIP / SENTIMENTAL LADY 201528 US $20.00 Buy It Now 37m 5s
(DJ107) The Accidental, I Can Hear Your Voice - 2008 DJ CD US $4.96 Buy It Now 38m 34s
The Miracles With Smokey Robinson - You Can Depend On Them 1959-196 (NEW 2 x CD) US $18.63 Buy It Now 38m 35s
Burt Taylor - Believe It Or Not / I Can't Help It 7" 45 - East West - US $17.13 [0 bids]
39m 7s
We Can Work It Out / Day Tripper, The Beatles, Original Capitol Release 45 RPM! US $11.99 [0 bids]
39m 19s
C.J. Bolland - There Can Only Be One / Counterpoint / Starship Universe 12" - I US $8.87 [0 bids]
39m 44s
THE DELL-VIKINGS - COME GO WITH ME / HOW CAN I FIND TRUE LOVE - DOOWOP VG+ US $2.99 [0 bids]
40m 12s
WOODY GUTHRIE - "DUST CAN'T KILL ME" (NEW & SEALED 2 CD SET REMASTERED!!) US $8.99 Buy It Now 40m 23s
Future Days Can CD Mute/Spoon 1973 / 1998 US $5.99 Buy It Now 40m 45s
Ballad / Northern Soul (45) Eddie Holman "This Can't Be True" (Parkway) HEAR IT US $5.59 [0 bids]
40m 55s
G-MONEY - Ghetto drama Vol. 1 - Who can I trust CD rare 1999 G Funk Rap SEALED US $7.99 Buy It Now 41m 9s
Rose Colored Glass Mystic Touch/Can't Find the Time 45rpm BANG US $3.99 [0 bids]
41m 13s
Vinyl 7" Record Single - Michael Bolton How Can We Be Lovers US $8.29 Buy It Now 41m 16s
ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND BY U2 US $1.99 Buy It Now 42m 19s
(DJ149) Martha Wainwright, Can You Believe It - 2012 DJ CD US $4.96 Buy It Now 42m 29s
Bobby Caldwell: "Can't Say Goodbye" - his '79 R&B hit - DJ copy - Near Mint! US $1.00 Buy It Now 42m 33s
70's Rock (45) Bill Deal & The Rondells "Can You Make It" (Polydor) NM ... PROMO US $2.79 [0 bids]
42m 40s
VG+ BILL PURSELL A WOUND TIME CAN'T ERASE/OUR WINTER LOVE 45 RPM COLUMBIA 42619 US $2.98 Buy It Now 43m 1s
S.A.I.N. featuring B.Williams - What Can Love Do - NITEBEAT RECORDS ORIGINAL US $9.99 Buy It Now 43m 14s
GLORIA GAYNOR NEVER CAN SAY 7" PIC SLEEVE BOLIVIA US $50.00 Buy It Now 45m 3s
(DJ34) Asa, Why Can't We - 2011 DJ CD US $4.96 Buy It Now 45m 11s
RICK REDBEARD - Any Way I Can. rare UK CD (The Phantom Band, Buy 3 = Free P US $1.64 Buy It Now 45m 17s
NYCC N.Y.C.C. Can You Feel It CD 3 Tracks, Single Version/Junkfood Junkies Remi US $5.39 Buy It Now 45m 38s
NYCC N.Y.C.C. Can You Feel It CD 5 Tracks, Single Version/Junkfood Junkies Remi US $6.22 Buy It Now 45m 41s
ANDY GIBB & OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN "I Can't Help It" RSO Records 45Rpm US $8.99 Buy It Now 45m 49s
VAN HALEN "Can't Stop Lovin' You" Warner Bros. Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA US $10.19 Buy It Now 46m 50s
(DJ52) Hedoniacs, Can't Tie Me Down - DJ CD US $4.96 Buy It Now 46m 57s
CAN'T BEAT THE MUSIC VOL 2 RARE AUSSIE CASSETTE TAPE! YOTHU YINDI ANNIE LENNOX US $17.71 Buy It Now 47m 31s
VAN HALEN "Why Can't This Be Love" Warner Bros. Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA US $11.99 Buy It Now 48m 5s
OLIVER DARLEY Rescue Me CD 3 Tracks Inc Til I Can'T Take It No More US $5.39 Buy It Now 48m 13s
ONE BAND CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE Arch Nemesis CD 2 Tracks Inc Omega Red US $5.39 Buy It Now 48m 36s
LIO CAN CAN ULTRA RARE FRENCH CASSETTE TAPE IN SLIPCASE BOX! US $20.51 Buy It Now 48m 41s
GLORIA ESTEFAN - CAN'T STAY AWAY FROM YOU 7" VINYL PS US $6.61 Buy It Now 49m 23s
Terri Stevens Unsuspecting Heart/How Can I 45 RPM Double A A Records US $7.00 Buy It Now 49m 30s
"How Your Mind Can Keep You Well" Meditation/Concentration Exercise LP 1971 US $7.50 Buy It Now 49m 41s
Can't Run from Yourself by Tanya Tucker (CD, Oct-1992, Capitol Nashville) US $4.56 Buy It Now 49m 58s
BEE GEES I CAN'T SEE NOBODY/NEW YORK MINING DISASTER 1941 45 RPM ATCO 45-6487 US $3.98 Buy It Now 50m 11s
ORSON Bright Idea CD 3 Track Cd Single Inc I Can'T Go For That+Last Night-Live US $5.39 Buy It Now 50m 31s
Bellamy Brothers You Can Get Crazy LP Warner Bros BSK 3408 1980 Vinyl US $8.99 Buy It Now 51m 16s
Charlie Ventura Quintet - Turnpike / They Can't Take That Away From Me 7" 45 - US $6.84 [0 bids]
51m 39s
P*NUT Hey Hey Hey CD 3 Tracks, Hey Hey Hey-Original/Ain'T Nothin A Man Can Do/T US $5.39 Buy It Now 51m 46s
Can Future Days 1973 CD Krautrock Rock Electronic Music Album Brand New US $19.88 Buy It Now 52m 34s
PARKRIDE Can U Feel It CD 3 Tracks, 7 Inch Radio Edit/Jason'S Full On Club Mix/ US $6.22 Buy It Now 52m 35s
All That You Can't Leave Behind - Acceptable US $3.95 Buy It Now 52m 47s
Piper ?- Can't Wait - A & M Records Vinyl LP - Promo - 1977 - Billy Squier - NM- US $9.99 [0 bids]
52m 49s
LYNN ANDERSON SINGLE MADE IN PORTUGAL 45 PS 7 *HOW CAN I UNLOVE YOU* US $9.99 Buy It Now 53m 5s
Chemise - She Can't Love You (Vocal) / Same (Instrumental) 12" - Emergency - Di US $23.45 [0 bids]
53m 23s
(CE391) The Webb Brothers, I Can't Believe You're Gone - 2001 DJ CD US $4.96 Buy It Now 53m 37s
45 RECORD MARIAH CAREY ; TO BE AROUND YOU , CAN'T LET GO US $1.48 Buy It Now 53m 55s
Willie Nelson 45 Without A Song / I Can't Begin To Tell You w/ts US $2.00 Buy It Now 54m
All That You Can't Leave Behind by U2 CD 2000 Interscope US $4.00 Buy It Now 54m 4s
Can't Fight Fate by Taylor Dayne (CD, 1989, Arista) GC US $5.93 Buy It Now 54m 23s
CAN - SOUNDTRACKS NEW CD US $17.35 Buy It Now 54m 24s
PAULINE HENRY Can'T Take Your Love CD 4 Tracks Inc West End D'Rhythm+Memphis St US $5.39 Buy It Now 54m 35s
Nothing Gold Can Stay - Acceptable US $3.95 Buy It Now 55m 13s

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Rite Time ratings distribution

CAN Rite Time reviews

Review by corbet
2 stars uhh, what is this album? Before I bought it, I remember reading reviews calling it "CAN's return to form." If this is CAN's form, then CAN's form sucks horribly. However, the pure retardedness of this music makes it somehow soothing in a chaotic world, and I will throw it on every now and then just to comfort myself. I love these weirdos.

Send comments to corbet (BETA) | Report this review (#23319) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 07, 2004

Review by soundsweird
2 stars One would think that a 10-year layoff would have those creative juices flowing at maximum, but such is not the case. It looks like Can, it sounds like Can.... I think this album was the result of one of the many spikes in Can interest that are generated periodically, with money being the main impetus for its creation. Once again, I'll say avoid anything after "Saw Delight", except for some good solo albums, of course.

Send comments to soundsweird (BETA) | Report this review (#23320) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Review by Neu!mann
4 stars The surprise reunion in the mid-1980s of the original late '60s line-up of CAN must have caught a lot of fans by surprise, arriving as it did after a decade of silence from the band at large. And it sounded like nothing the group had ever done before, least of all the crude but quintessential Krautrock of their debut album "Monster Movie", released a full generation earlier, back when the band was (unfortunately, to native English speakers) still known as THE CAN.

But how could it have sounded the same? CAN was a band that rarely (if ever) repeated itself, and this particular set of musicians hadn't played together for something close to 15 years, ever since vocalist Malcolm Mooney was forced to quit the music business (at the insistence of his shrink, according to CAN legend).

The chance discovery years later of an unused airline ticket voucher behind his couch led Mooney to resume contact with his erstwhile bandmates, who by then had all but abandoned the spent force of their once formidable alliance. But a recording session in southern France soon followed, and the resulting album has to rank among the most belated follow-up efforts in rock music history.

The years apart at least seemed to have recharged their creative batteries, showing some of the energy and intuition conspicuously missing in the band's last few studio albums. The music is certainly more song-driven than before, but each track was clearly built out of some impromptu collective jamming, over which Mooney improvised his meandering, stream-of-consciousness (and typically out of tune) vocals. The singer's strictly amateur "performance" is (as in "Monster Movie") an acquired taste, but it fits snugly within the CAN ideal of pure, unrehearsed musicianship: "instant composition", in CAN vernacular. And there's something uniquely endearing about his habit of singing "something, something." when he can't think of any actual words.

The remaining instrumentation is, as always, flexible. Guitarist Michael Karoli could sub on violin when needed; drummer Jaki Liebezeit doubled on trumpet and piano. And Holger Czukay was always more comfortable "playing" a short-wave radio rather than his bass guitar, when he wasn't indulging his perverse fascination with the French horn (played with all the enthusiasm and skill of a grade school band beginner, and all the more vital for it).

Don't expect anything like the raw Krautrock thrashes of their early LPs. But anyone wanting to compare apples to oranges might find more similarities than expected. The production here has a polished, high-gloss sheen unheard of in the band's two-track tape days, but with only a slight stretch of imagination you can still draw a (relatively) straight line from older Mooney tunes like "Fall of Another Year" and "Connection" (both off the 1976 "Unlimited Edition" set) to the new album opener "On the Beautiful Side of a Romance" or the driving groove of "Movin' Right Along".

The element of chance, so invaluable to CAN's best recordings (but lacking from later efforts), is also alive and well, albeit in a more (dare I say it?) mature form. But on closer inspection the album may not be as haphazard as it likes to sound. Look at the odd chronology: it was recorded in 1986, mixed in 1988, and finally "edited" and released in 1989. Why the long delay? My guess is that the songs were painstakingly assembled, bar by bar, on the editing table from a jumble of loosely organized segments. If it's true, someone (probably Holger Czukay, whose solo albums are monuments to early sampling technology) made a heroic effort to make the album sound as cohesive as it does.

And the symmetry of the project makes perfect sense, rounding off twenty years of sometimes startling creative music-making with the same quintet that started it all. It's a fitting bookend to a long and (still) influential career, and not a bad encore for a bunch of guys all (with the exception of the younger Michael Karoli) near 50 years old when the album was finally released.

Send comments to Neu!mann (BETA) | Report this review (#45663) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 05, 2005

Review by Tom Ozric
3 stars The name 'Can' within the music world was almost something relating to a bygone era by the time 'Rite Time' had appeared in 1989. This album, actually recorded in '87, shelved, mixed in '88, shelved, finally prepared for release during '89 by Holger Czukay, demonstrated a group of musicians that had polished their 'chops' and releasing something which was almost a convincing, mainstream product that was (possibly) aimed at winning a legion of new fans, and maybe becoming a new lease-of-life for the fans of old - that's the way I understand it to be, but it didn't quite work out that way. 'Rite Time' tried too hard to be an acceptable item, both commercially, and nostalgically, and hence only featured shades of brilliance. The line-up was once again the 'classic' one of MONSTER MOVIE infamy with dear Malcolm Mooney on vox, Czukay on Bass and Horn, Liebezeit on Percussion, Karoli on Guitars and Schmidt handling the modern keyboards (no trippy Farfisa Organs or Alpha 77 synthi this time around) , the choice tunes of the album are the longer cuts : 'On The Beautiful Side of a Romance' being one of Can's most accomplished compositions, 'Like a New Child' and 'Give The Drummer Some' showing elements of the free-spirited jamming that was their trademark during the 70's. The shorter tunes are quirky, catchy and slightly demented thanks to Mooney's ranting - for me, I say it's worth it for the Beautiful Romance track alone, so, generously award it a 3 star rating.

Send comments to Tom Ozric (BETA) | Report this review (#164707) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, March 23, 2008

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars It's hard to make sense of the hate Can keeps receiving on PA. Ok, they are possibly at the farthest end from mainstream prog as you can get, but Rite Time is such an original and deserving album that gets close to no recognition again, despite the excellent material it has to offer.

Rite Time welcomes the return of Malcolm Mooney, the Can vocalist of the earliest days. Mental problems made him break with the band in 1970, but he sounds like he's back in great shape here (at least if you are attracted to the idea of Captain Beefheart in a delirious state). The album features a new sound and a wide variety of styles that preceding Can albums only hinted at. Which is logical, Can wouldn't have reunited if they didn't have something new to offer.

This album is one of a kind in their discography and while it aligns with innovative spirit of Can, the approach is more restrained and takes Can's known affinity with avant-garde, new-wave and world music to a new 80s context. The two Tuxedo Moon fans and three Japan/Sylvian fans on this site should watch out for this one. There are multiple essential Can pieces here. The opener for instance is certainly amongst my favorite 'songs' from the band. Also the demented reggae of The Without Law Man , the bouncy Moving Right Along, the spacious Like a New Child and the mysterious In the Distance Lies the Future register as mandatory Can to me.

Even for fans of the band it's nearly impossible to predict if you would appreciate this album or not. Not because the quality is questionable, but because this David Sylvian type of avant-garde rock might be too far removed from the vintage free-form 70s Can sound. It certainly took me a couple of tries over the years but I'm so glad I kept trying.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#336202) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 27, 2010

Review by tarkus1980
3 stars The Monster Movie lineup, together again. Mooney apparently felt the grip of nostalgia after finding an old airplane ticket dating to his days in the band, but I'm not sure what exactly drove the others to decide to get back together for this (it wasn't for commercial reasons, that's for sure). My guess, though, is that it was decided early on that this was just going to be a one time thing, that they weren't going to try and make this into a serious 'renaissance,' but instead would just get together, have another fling, and that would be that. The result will naturally disappoint any fan hoping for a return to the good ole days, but come on; the band hadn't made one of those kinds of albums for well over a decade by the time they got together to start recording this.

This isn't a particularly good album, but it isn't a bad one either, and given the choice between having to listen to all of Monster Movie or this again, I'd likely pick this one. Mooney, surprisingly, is in good form throughout; I mean, he doesn't have much of a voice, but he never goes into overboard screaming fits or into endless repeated mumbling, and that's at least something. The rest of the band basically sounds like what you'd expect Can crossed (to varying degrees) with generic 80's music to sound like. Jaki isn't his former beast self, and he's got some electronic augmentation, but heck, he had some of that in the 70's, and he doesn't sound like a hack, so he's fine. Schmidt's gotten a bit too fond of generic adult contemporary sounds (especially in the longest song on the album, "Like a New Child," which oddly enough also has some really ugly noises as well), but he gets a couple of moments where you can tell it's him. And Karoli and Czukay, well, they're what they've always been.

Since nobody really cares about track-by-track analysis for a late 80's Can album, I'll just mention a select few standouts. The opening "On the Beautiful Side of a Romance" would be better if it were shorter and didn't have so many parts where the limitations of Mooney's voice are put on full display, but it has a nice atmosphere and just a little bit of the "danger" feel of old. "The Withoutlaw Man" is an amusing piece that kinda sounds like late-90's Tom Waits, except slightly cheerier and two octaves higher (and with more guitar), "Below This Level (Patient's Song)" is a sorta jazzy-poppy sci-fi number that's definitely ... unique ... and "Hoolah Hoolah" is the best I could imagine a track being that features Mooney and backing harmonies 'singing' lines like "They do wear pants in the southern side of France." And dig the circus organs in the background!

The other tracks aren't so great, but they're not horrendous, and in the end I can safely give this a decent grade. The world could have survived had a song like "Hoolah Hoolah" never been done, but it's one of the more delightful absurdities I've taken part of in my life, and quite a bit of this album is recommendable to an eclectic. Of course, hardcore Can fans will probably hate it, and non-hardcore Can fans probably wouldn't be looking for albums like this in the first place, but whatever.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#423686) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, March 27, 2011

4 stars Frank Zappa once pondered - Does Humour Belong In Music? RITE TIME is one of the funniest records I know of. If you take it seriously you'll miss the whole point. The lyrics are more important here than the music (a first for this band), and since they were written by a guy with moderately s ... (read more)

Report this review (#35312) | Posted by | Sunday, June 05, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Rite Time"