I'M ONLY ONE MAN

Micah I'm Only One Man album cover

Buy MICAH Music
Studio Album, released in 1971

1. He's a dreamer (5:01)
2. Look around you (3:41)
3. So you can see (3:16)
4. I'm only one man (6:24)
5. You don't really care (5:41)
6. Remembrance of things past (5:23)
7. Finale (0:24)

- Gary OHLSON / Organ, Vocals
- Bob ROWE / Lead Vocalist
- George WOLFF / Percussion, Vocals

Record Album Productions

Thanks to bonnek for the addition

MICAH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MICAH I'm Only One Man Music

MICAH P. HINSON AND THE RED EMPIRE ORCHESTRA - S/T Rare 11-track CD US $4.89 Buy It Now 6h 11m
Elephant Micah Globe Rush Progressions TEST PRESSING 2 of 8 SUPER RARE US $60.00 [0 bids]
Hinson, Micah P.-Micah P. Hinson And The Red Empire Orchestra CD Very Good US $13.59 Buy It Now 13h 8m
Zealous-The Perils Of Here CD FREE SHIPPING 2000 Micah Records US $6.85 Buy It Now 13h 50m
Micah Schnabel 2010 When The Lights Go Dim LP Folk Rock Sealed Suburban Home US $12.99 Buy It Now 15h 39m
Micah Wolf,NEW CD,Micah Wolf US $3.99 Buy It Now 21h 31m
MICAH SCHNABEL i'm dead, serious LP assorted vinyl #SHR /500 TWO COW GARAGE US $2.81 [3 bids]
Micah P. Hinson - Micah P Hinson & The Opera Circuit CD US $17.29 Buy It Now 1 day
micah P.hinson and the nothing micah p.hinson and the nothing rare 13 track cd US $4.88 [0 bids]
MICAH-I'm Only One Man-USA '71 underground hard/psychedelic rock-N US $54.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Micah P. Hinson and The Opera Circuit, CD US $3.00 [0 bids]
MICAH P. HINSON The Life, Living, Death And Dying Rare 2 Track UK CD! US $2.45 [0 bids]
The Baby & The Satellite - Hinson, Micah P. CD US $3.00 [0 bids]
Wilshire New Universe 11 track 2003 CD NEW! Lori & Micah christian music US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MICAH WOLF - Self Esteem - Pay No Mind - 2 Song CD Single [CD ONLY] US $0.01 [0 bids]
Micah Green I Know, I Know, I Know CD US $6.40 Buy It Now 1 day
Micah P. Hinson and the Gospel of Progress by Micah P. Hinson (CD, Sep-2004,... US $36.44 Buy It Now 2 days
Micah Blue Smaldone - Ring Of The Rise [Vinyl New] US $20.35 Buy It Now 2 days
MICAH P HINSON & THE NOTHING s/t 2014 UK 13-trk promo CD card sleeve US $8.14 Buy It Now 2 days
Wilshire CD - New Universe - Lori Wilshire - Micah Wilshire US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MICAH P, HINSON PRESENTS A DREAM OF HER. CD RARE!! US $15.00 [0 bids]
MICAH SCHNABEL when the stage lights LP black Vinyl #SHR /500 Two Cow Garage US $0.99 [1 bids]
MICAH P. HINSON job lot of 4 promo CD albums/singles Pioneer Saboteurs US $24.45 Buy It Now 2 days
Micah Blue Smaldone Ring Of The Rise LP New unplayed Virgin Vinyl insert + Mp3 US $16.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MICAH BLUE SMALDONE - RING OF THE RISE NEW VINYL US $27.79 Buy It Now 2 days
WILLIE NELSON Just Breathe SEALED CD oop LUKAS NELSON MICAH US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Micah Bournes - The Man Without A Name CD Set! New! US $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Blockplane 807207045823 Micah Wolf/Compact Disc/Rare/Hard To Find US $14.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Micah P. Hinson - and The Gospel of Progress - 4 Trk Promo CD (B14) US $11.40 Buy It Now 3 days
Micah P. Hinson - and The Gospel of Progress - 3 Trk Promo CD (B14) US $11.40 Buy It Now 3 days
Micah P. Hinson - and The Pioneer Saboteurs - Album CD (B14) SEALED US $11.40 Buy It Now 3 days
MICAH STAMPLEY - RANSOMED - NEW CD US $6.59 Buy It Now 3 days
Micah P Hinson - The Life, Living, Death and Dying - 2 Track US $6.51 Buy It Now 3 days
Micah Blue Smaldone - Ring Of The Rise CD US $16.63 Buy It Now 3 days
Micah Levy - Probably Untrue Story Of Mary Who Had A Little Lam CD US $31.34 Buy It Now 3 days
Micah Blue Smaldone - Ring Of The Rise Incl. Download Vinyl Record LP US $23.52 Buy It Now 3 days
Micah P. Hinson - and the Opera Circuit (2006) CD NR MINT DIGIPAK US $11.40 Buy It Now 3 days
Micah Dalton - Blue Frontier CD, Digipack US $4.95 Buy It Now 3 days
MICAH-I'm Only One Man-USA '71 underground hard/psychedelic rock-NEW CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MICAH LEVY - PROBABLY UNTRUE STORY OF MARY WHO HAD A LITTLE LAM NEW CD US $36.43 Buy It Now 4 days
NEW - Jane Doe by Stone, Micah US $13.40 Buy It Now 4 days
Still Smiling by Micah McLaughlin - CD US $5.55 [0 bids]
MICAH BLUE SMALDONE - SOME SWEET DAY NEW CD US $19.57 Buy It Now 4 days
THE NYLONS - 4 On The Floor NM 1991 Attic/BMG Club Canada ACD-1301 Micah Barnes US $6.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Micah Walk Band - Bright Side Fantasy *NEW-SEALED* US $6.00 Buy It Now 4 days
MICAH CHALLENGE: YOU HAVE SHOWN US - NEW CD US $16.93 Buy It Now 5 days
Micah Green - Micah Green 12 tracks - U.S. cd - RARE! US $4.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Ransomed by Micah Stampley (CD, Nov-2008, Music World Gospel) Micah Stampley US $1.50 Buy It Now 5 days
Half Cousin - The Function Room (Album sampler) (CD) (Promo) (Micah Hinson) US $1.61 [0 bids]
Micah Stampley - Ransomed CD US $17.26 Buy It Now 6 days
Micah Blue Smaldone - Some Sweet Day [CD New] US $13.41 Buy It Now 6 days
MICAH P. HINSON - BABY & THE SATELLITE UK LIMITED CD ALBUM Numbered US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
ELEPHANT MICAH Your Dreams Are Feeding Back CD NEW 2003 Alt Country Folk Rock US $8.99 Buy It Now 6 days
MICAH SCHNABEL when the stage lights LP Whiskey Coke colored Vinyl #SHR /150 US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
MICAH P HINSON AND THE OPERA CIRCUIT, PROMO CD ALBUM US $1.61 [1 bids]
Jared Micah Jared Micah CD US $6.72 Buy It Now 6 days
CD Treasure The Micah TAwlks Band US $1.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Caleb Micah Come Home CD US $6.83 Buy It Now 7 days
Micah Levy - Probably Untrue Story Of Mary Who Had A Little Lam [CD New] US $26.98 Buy It Now 7 days
New: MICAH STAMPLEY - Ransomed GOSPEL CD US $3.98 Buy It Now 7 days
Micah P. Hinson - And The Pioneer Saboteurs (NEW CD) US $12.62 Buy It Now 7 days
Micah P Hinson. - Micah P. Hinson And The Red Empire Orchestra (NEW CD) US $15.07 Buy It Now 7 days
Micah - Revelation [Vinyl New] US $22.99 Buy It Now 7 days
MICAH P HINSON - BABY & THE SATELLITE (EP) NEW CD US $13.32 Buy It Now 7 days
HINSON, Micah P & THE PIONEER SABOTEURS - Micah P Hinson & The Pioneer Saboteurs US $15.50 Buy It Now 7 days
The Micah Tawlks Band The Micah Tawlks Band - Treasure CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 7 days
FREE U.S.sh/$3 int'l sh ~ NEW CD Micah Stampley: Release Me EP US $10.89 Buy It Now 7 days
MICAH WALK - MICAH WALK NEW CD US $23.59 Buy It Now 8 days
Micah Blue Smaldone - The Red River - CD (THINK1010 Immmune 2009) US $17.87 Buy It Now 8 days
MICAH I'm Only One Man LP/1971 Florida US/Guitar-Hammond Rock/Santana/SHADOKS US $49.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Micah P. Hinson and The Opera Circuit, Hinson, Micah P, Very Good US $3.98 Buy It Now 8 days
MICAH PAGE - INTERLUDES NEW CD US $22.50 Buy It Now 8 days
Micah Stampley - Ransomed [CD New] US $9.60 Buy It Now 8 days
Hinson,Micah P. - Baby & The Satellite [CD New] US $8.76 Buy It Now 8 days
Micah Wagner - 7 Years 6 Months Late [CD New] US $18.98 Buy It Now 8 days
MICAH - I'M ONLY ONE MAN - NEW CD US $16.49 Buy It Now 8 days
Micah Blue Smaldone / Big Blood split LP sealed Mint ltd 500 download code RTI US $16.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Dahlberg, Micah Matter of Time CD US $6.86 Buy It Now 8 days
Have I Told You? by Paidfour (CD, Feb-2004, Micah Music) US $4.95 Buy It Now 9 days
MICAH - She Can't Get Me 2 - CD single US $9.36 Buy It Now 9 days
Worship CD NEW Darlene McCoy MICAH STAMPLEY Isaac Carree WESS MORGAN M. Munizzi US $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
MICAH - ENTER THIS LOVE / ALKCANSHELL - PROPULSION RECORDS PRP005 W/LABEL US $8.14 [0 bids]
MICAH STAMPLEY - RANSOMED NEW CD US $19.19 Buy It Now 9 days
ELEPHANT MICAH louder than thou LP SEALED fold over cover NEW product of palmyra US $24.99 Buy It Now 9 days
MICAH P. HINSON - BABY & THE SATELLITE UK LIMITED CD ALBUM Numbered US $13.86 Buy It Now 10 days
Love Never Fails - Micah Stampley New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $15.38 Buy It Now 10 days
MICAH STAMPLEY - A Fresh Wind: The Second Sound (GOSPEL CD) US $4.49 Buy It Now 10 days
Micah Sims Micah Sims CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Baby & The Satellite - Hinson, Micah P. US $6.98 Buy It Now 11 days
MICAH BLUE SMALDONE - The Ring Of The Rise - LP + MP3 download code US $29.18 Buy It Now 11 days
Micah Green : Micah Green (US Import) CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Love Never Fails * by Micah Stampley (CD, Nov-2013, Motown) US $10.27 Buy It Now 11 days
Micah P Hinson & The Red Empire Orchestra Special Edition US $16.18 Buy It Now 12 days
MICAH GAUGH TRIO - THE BLUE FAIRY MERMAID PRINCESS - AT038 US $18.66 Buy It Now 12 days
MICAH BLUE SMALDONE - SOME SWEET DAY [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $10.66 Buy It Now 12 days
Smaldone,Micah Blue - Hither & Thither [CD New] US $13.79 Buy It Now 12 days
Stampley,Micah - Songbook Of Micah [CD New] US $15.87 Buy It Now 12 days
MICAH BLUE SMALDONE - HITHER & THITHER NEW CD US $19.57 Buy It Now 12 days
Blue Fairy Mermaid Princess - Micah Gaugh New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shippin US $19.67 Buy It Now 12 days
The Corinthian Song~~Micah Stampley~~Daywind Soundtrack~~CD~~2 Key~~NEW US $8.99 Buy It Now 12 days

More places to buy MICAH music online Buy MICAH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MICAH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MICAH I'm Only One Man ratings distribution

MICAH I'm Only One Man reviews

Review by ozzy_tom
4 stars "Micah" is a very little-known American progressive rock band from early 70s. Their music is a great blend of American hard/psychedelic rock style (like "Ford Theatre") and art/symphonic rock of such British formations like "Cressida", early "Deep Purple", "Beggar's Opera" or "Rare Bird". To be honest British influences seem even stronger in their music, so it was quite a surprise for me when I started to listen to "I'm Only One Man"(their eponymous album). You could swear that they were from UK!

Anyway their sole record is a real treat for people who likes to dig out some forgotten gems. Especially that prog-rock in early 70s wasn't a popular style among American bands. Micah proves that after all USA also had some fantastic progressive music before Kansas was born.

"I'm Only One Man" was constructed with 2 long suites: one lasting 18:30 minutes and another 11:30 minutes (the second one seems to be unfinished in fact). Yes, they have separate titles of shorter songs which they were built from, but as far as I know we should treat it like 2 epic compositions, especially that there are no evident gapes in the middle of them (it's rather difficult to judge when one sub-song is finished and another starts. Maybe if it will be released on CD [right now it's available only on the vinyl], somebody will separate those suites into shorter songs, but I hope they won't do that...).

Let's review the suites:

1. "He's a dreamer / Look around you / So you can see / I'm only one man" - first epic composition starts with promising organ motif in the vein of Jon Lord's work. What follows is a delightful early-prog stuff full of great melodies, catchy rhythms, explosive Hammond riffs and equally good guitars. If I had to draw some similarities, I'd describe it like a mix of early "Deep Purple", "Ford Theatre", "Arcadium", "Cressida", "Live" and "Aardvark" with organ solos a la "The Nice" or "Quatermass". Yeah, you can't go wrong with "Micah", they surely sound fantastic and - what's also important - very professional. Quatermass. As you see 18:30 min. length you might think that the whole suite sounds like some overlong jam session (especially that American prog-rock wasn't quite developed back then), but it's not the case here, 'cause the whole composition is perfectly structured and divided into more song oriented fragments, while great soloing is somehow floating between them perfectly. Take note of the theme which starts about 16:10 min., what a splendid symphonic tune Gary Ohlson is playing there! Superb.

2. "You don't really care / Remembrance of things past / Finale" - 2nd suite is almost equally good. Lyrics are even better here to be honest ("I want to go / way back there / I want to die / Just to live again"; "Gonna lock myself off in my room / Turn off all the lights and drive myself insane / Maybe I die but he would feel the pain" etc.), truly emotion-packed and thought-provoking. Bob Rowe has a really fine vice. Instrumental interludes are long and professional here too. So many maniacal Hammond solos (Vincent Crane meets Keith Emerson sort of thing) and wah-wah guitars that you won't forget this music for a long time my friend. It's only a pity that after 11 minutes and half, it's already over.

And length seems to be the only problem of this magnificent album. But in fact it wasn't a fault of musicians, so let's forget about it and face the fact: "I'm Only One Man" is a lost gem, real classic from the past which deserves wider recognition and CD release! No early-prog collector and Hammond aficionado should omit it. Highly recommended.

Best tracks: well...both of them :-)

Rightfully deserved 4,5 stars from ozzy_tom

Send comments to ozzy_tom (BETA) | Report this review (#679790) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 24, 2012

Post a review of MICAH "I'm Only One Man"