I'M ONLY ONE MAN

Micah I'm Only One Man album cover

Buy MICAH Music
Studio Album, released in 1971

1. He's a dreamer (5:01)
2. Look around you (3:41)
3. So you can see (3:16)
4. I'm only one man (6:24)
5. You don't really care (5:41)
6. Remembrance of things past (5:23)
7. Finale (0:24)

- Gary OHLSON / Organ, Vocals
- Bob ROWE / Lead Vocalist
- George WOLFF / Percussion, Vocals

Record Album Productions

Thanks to bonnek for the addition

MICAH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MICAH I'm Only One Man Music

The Untied States of Elephant Micah by Elephant Micah (CD, Feb-2004, Bluesanct) US $5.00 Buy It Now 5h 42m
Sheveloff, Micah , Audio CD, Exhibitionist US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 25m
Ransomed by Micah Stampley (CD, Nov-2008, Music World Gospel) Micah Stampley US $4.00 Buy It Now 10h 21m
MICAH - REVELATION (UK) NEW VINYL US $27.83 Buy It Now 18h 27m
MICAH STAMPLEY - LOVE NEVER FAILS NEW CD US $19.00 Buy It Now 19h 46m
SHEMIAH, Micah/PAMPI JUDAH - Africa Here I Come - 10" US $22.23 Buy It Now 22h 15m
Ransomed by Micah Stampley CD EB2 # US $0.99 Buy It Now 1 day
(CB677) Will Eastman & Micah Velian, No Sleep Ft TT The Artist - DJ CD US $4.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Micah P. Hinson and The Opera Circuit, Hinson, Micah P, Good US $6.75 Buy It Now 1 day
MICAH - I'm only one man 70's Psych 180 Gr Reissue LP Vinyl SEALED US $59.85 Buy It Now 1 day
** MICAH SHEMIAH & PAMPI JUDAH AFRICA HERE I COME 10in DEEP ROOTS TUFF SCOUT US $20.52 Buy It Now 1 day
MICAH P.HINSON AND THE RED EMPIRE ORCHESTRA when we embraced CD 1 track promo in US $8.54 Buy It Now 1 day
Micah Ft J Veda - Come From - Fade Records #138910 US $5.12 Buy It Now 2 days
MICAH P HINSON The Baby & The Satellite 2005 UK 9-trk promo CD US $10.27 [0 bids]
K-OTIX - QUESTIONS (12") 1999!!! RARE!!! THE ARE + DAMIAN + MICAH!!! ? US $67.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Micah Levy - The Probably Untrue Story Of Mary (Who) Had A Little Lamb Sealed CD US $12.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Micah P. Hinson And The Red Empire Orchestra US $17.54 Buy It Now 2 days
Micah P. Hinson And The Pioneer Saboteurs US $15.52 Buy It Now 2 days
Nicholas Bennison & Micah - Fueled Acting Out 5 #150671 US $5.12 Buy It Now 2 days
Stampley,Micah - Love Never Fails [CD New] US $11.84 Buy It Now 2 days
NEW - Jane Doe by Stone, Micah US $12.62 Buy It Now 3 days
Micah - Enter This Love - Propulsion - 2004 #145543 US $5.12 Buy It Now 3 days
Micah - Adore You - UG - 2003 #101740 US $6.83 Buy It Now 3 days
Release Me - Micah Stampley New & Sealed CD US $16.46 Buy It Now 3 days
Micah Stampley - Release Me (2010) - Used - Compact Disc US $0.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Micah Dalton - Blue Frontier CD, Digipack US $4.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Micah Brown Down Like Hail CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
MICAH SCHNABEL i'm dead, serious LP assorted vinyl #SHR /500 TWO COW GARAGE US $0.99 [0 bids]
MICAH SCHNABEL WHEN THE STAGE LIGHTS GO DIM GREEN WHITE VINYL BRAND NEW LTD 500 US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MICAH - THE BACKSIDE OF SUNRISE *NEW CD* US $1.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MICAH WOLF - Self Esteem - Pay No Mind - 2 Song CD Single [CD ONLY] US $0.01 [0 bids]
Micah P Hinson - Micah P Hinson And The Opera Circuit US $14.07 Buy It Now 4 days
MICAH - I'M ONLY ONE MAN - NEW CD US $17.31 Buy It Now 4 days
MICAH BLUE SMALDONE - The Ring Of The Rise - LP US $34.39 Buy It Now 4 days
MICAH STAMPLEY - A Fresh Wind: The Second Sound...(GOSPEL CD) US $4.98 Buy It Now 4 days
Micah Wolf , Audio CD, Micah Wolf US $6.97 Buy It Now 5 days
One Year by Eliza Blue (CD, Jun-2005, lucky micah records) US $17.99 Buy It Now 5 days
MICAH STAMPLEY - Ransomed NEW CD The Lion King GOSPEL US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Glide Dov, Micah US $4.14 Buy It Now 5 days
Elephant Micah LOT of 3 Rare 7 inch vinyl singles Hiss Golden Messenger US $20.00 [0 bids]
Elephant Micah Globe Rush Progressions TEST PRESSING 2 of 8 SUPER RARE US $65.00 [0 bids]
Micah Stampley - Ransomed (2008) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 5 days
Slip Single: Micah P Hanson : Yard of Blonde Girls : Viva Voce : Pleasant Street US $1.69 Buy It Now 5 days
MICAH P HINSON - The Opera Circuit cd digipack 2006 sketchbook US $8.54 Buy It Now 5 days
Please Be Seated [Digipak] by Micah Sherman (CD, Sep-2012, Bseenmedia) US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Micah - Revelation - Accidental - 2006 #194982 US $5.12 Buy It Now 6 days
Micah - She Cant Get Me - Rococo - 2007 #319725 US $5.12 Buy It Now 6 days
MICAH P. HINSON & THE GOSPEL OF PROGRESS Beneath The Rose UK 4-track promo CD US $6.83 [0 bids]
MICAH P. HINSON & THE OPERA CIRCUIT Jackeyed 2006 UK 2-track promo CD US $6.83 [0 bids]
MICAH P. HINSON & THE RED EMPIRE ORCHESTRA S/T 2008 UK 11-track promo CD US $10.27 [0 bids]
MICAH P. HINSON We Won't Have To Be Lonesome 2008 UK 2-track promo CD US $6.83 [0 bids]
MICAH P. HINSON Yard Of Blonde Girls 2005 UK 2-track promo CD Viva Voce US $6.83 [0 bids]
MICAH P. HINSON Yard Of Blonde Girls 2006 UK 2-track promo test CD Viva Voce US $6.83 [0 bids]
MICAH P. HINSON Throw The Stone 2008 UK 1-track promo CD US $6.83 [0 bids]
MICAH P.HINSON Take Off That Dress For Me 2010 UK 2-track promo test CD US $6.83 [0 bids]
WILLIE NELSON Just Breathe SEALED CD oop LUKAS NELSON MICAH US $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
STAMPLEY MICAH - SONGBOOK OF MICAH - 2007 CD NEW US $5.50 Buy It Now 6 days
Micah P. Hinson & The Opera Circuit BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED CD(2006,Sketchbook) US $11.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Wilshire CD - New Universe - Lori Wilshire - Micah Wilshire US $3.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Micah Gilbert Book of Changes CD Athens GA Georgia power pop Magister Ludi 1993 US $7.98 Buy It Now 7 days
STITCHIE - War - Limited Edition EP CD (1999, Micah Media) US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Micah Blue Smaldone - The Red River LP VIRGIN VINYL LTD /500 Immune Records US $7.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Elephant Micah - United States Of Elephant Micah [CD New] US $11.85 Buy It Now 7 days
MICAH - REVELATION 12" VINYL FUNK / SOUL US $11.11 Buy It Now 8 days
Micah Gaugh Trio - The Blue Fairy Mermaid Princess NEW CD US $17.27 Buy It Now 8 days
Micah Stampley - One Voice (2011) - Used - Compact Disc US $9.93 Buy It Now 8 days
Will Eastman & Micah Velian - No Sleep - Cd Promo 6 mixes PLANT US $5.12 Buy It Now 8 days
MICAH BLUE SMALDONE - THE RING OF THE RISE [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $12.19 Buy It Now 8 days
MICAH BRANDON BLACK rare DRIVE 1996 12 TRACK CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Robbie Tronco Featuring Micah. The Oompa Song Record US $18.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Micah - I'm Only One Man [CD New] US $15.70 Buy It Now 8 days
Micah Burgess - We Do Know You US $3.50 Buy It Now 9 days
Elephant Micah - United States Of Elephant Micah CD US $16.99 Buy It Now 9 days
MICAH BRANDON BLACK ~ Drive (CD 1996) NEW SEALED!! US $14.89 Buy It Now 9 days
MICAH BRANDON BLACK ~ Aim High (CD 1996) RARE NM! US $14.89 Buy It Now 9 days
Micah P.hinson - Micah P.hinson & The Red Empire Orchestra NEW US $12.88 Buy It Now 10 days
Micah - IM Only One Man CD US $20.32 Buy It Now 10 days
One Voice by Micah Stampley US $13.93 Buy It Now 10 days
Micah - I'm Only One Man New Sealed LP Psychedelic Rock SHADOKS US $59.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Hinson,Micah P. - Micah P. Hinson & The Pioneer Saboteurs [CD New] US $11.02 Buy It Now 11 days
Micah Blue Smaldone : The Red River CD (2012) US $10.00 Buy It Now 11 days
ELEPHANT MICAH Globe Rush Progressions LP X/175 lo-fi downer folk WILL OLDHAM US $40.00 Buy It Now 11 days
MICAH - I'M ONLY ONE MAN NEW CD US $24.76 Buy It Now 11 days
MICAH TRIO GAUGH - BLUE FAIRY MERMAID PRINCESS NEW CD US $25.53 Buy It Now 11 days
ELEPHANT MICAH - UNTIED STATES OF ELEPHANT MICAH NEW CD US $19.77 Buy It Now 11 days
MICAH P HINSON - AND THE PIONEER SABOTEURS NEW CD US $22.45 Buy It Now 11 days
Ransomed by Micah Stampley CD 2008 Music World Gospel Hector Soto Cindy Trimm US $4.00 Buy It Now 11 days
The Micah Tawlks Band TREASURE music CD 2003 Christian Rock US $4.99 Buy It Now 12 days
The Micah Walk Band - Bright Side Fantasy *NEW-SEALED* US $8.95 Buy It Now 12 days
Micah Schnabel - Im Dead Serious - MP3 Music US $13.98 Buy It Now 12 days
MICAH BLUE SMALDONE - RING OF THE RISE NEW CD US $21.68 Buy It Now 12 days
Micah Wolf Beyond the Shores CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 12 days
SILENT CINEMA,Micah McKee,NEW CD,Fiction US $8.99 Buy It Now 12 days
ELEPHANT MICAH ~ HINDU WINDMILLS - NEW CD US $17.00 Buy It Now 12 days
MICAH P HINSON & THE NOTHING s/t 2014 UK 13-trk promo CD card sleeve US $8.54 Buy It Now 12 days
MICAH NELSON - I Believe - Christian Music CCM Pop Gospel CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 13 days
MICAH BLUE SMALDONE - THE RED RIVER [PA] [SLIPCASE] * - NEW CD US $13.62 Buy It Now 13 days
Hinson, Micah P.-Micah P. Hinson And The Red Empire Orchestra CD Very Good US $15.38 Buy It Now 13 days
Zealous-The Perils Of Here CD FREE SHIPPING 2000 Micah Records US $6.85 Buy It Now 13 days
Micah Wolf,NEW CD,Micah Wolf US $3.99 Buy It Now 14 days

More places to buy MICAH music online Buy MICAH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MICAH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MICAH I'm Only One Man ratings distribution

MICAH I'm Only One Man reviews

Review by ozzy_tom
4 stars "Micah" is a very little-known American progressive rock band from early 70s. Their music is a great blend of American hard/psychedelic rock style (like "Ford Theatre") and art/symphonic rock of such British formations like "Cressida", early "Deep Purple", "Beggar's Opera" or "Rare Bird". To be honest British influences seem even stronger in their music, so it was quite a surprise for me when I started to listen to "I'm Only One Man"(their eponymous album). You could swear that they were from UK!

Anyway their sole record is a real treat for people who likes to dig out some forgotten gems. Especially that prog-rock in early 70s wasn't a popular style among American bands. Micah proves that after all USA also had some fantastic progressive music before Kansas was born.

"I'm Only One Man" was constructed with 2 long suites: one lasting 18:30 minutes and another 11:30 minutes (the second one seems to be unfinished in fact). Yes, they have separate titles of shorter songs which they were built from, but as far as I know we should treat it like 2 epic compositions, especially that there are no evident gapes in the middle of them (it's rather difficult to judge when one sub-song is finished and another starts. Maybe if it will be released on CD [right now it's available only on the vinyl], somebody will separate those suites into shorter songs, but I hope they won't do that...).

Let's review the suites:

1. "He's a dreamer / Look around you / So you can see / I'm only one man" - first epic composition starts with promising organ motif in the vein of Jon Lord's work. What follows is a delightful early-prog stuff full of great melodies, catchy rhythms, explosive Hammond riffs and equally good guitars. If I had to draw some similarities, I'd describe it like a mix of early "Deep Purple", "Ford Theatre", "Arcadium", "Cressida", "Live" and "Aardvark" with organ solos a la "The Nice" or "Quatermass". Yeah, you can't go wrong with "Micah", they surely sound fantastic and - what's also important - very professional. Quatermass. As you see 18:30 min. length you might think that the whole suite sounds like some overlong jam session (especially that American prog-rock wasn't quite developed back then), but it's not the case here, 'cause the whole composition is perfectly structured and divided into more song oriented fragments, while great soloing is somehow floating between them perfectly. Take note of the theme which starts about 16:10 min., what a splendid symphonic tune Gary Ohlson is playing there! Superb.

2. "You don't really care / Remembrance of things past / Finale" - 2nd suite is almost equally good. Lyrics are even better here to be honest ("I want to go / way back there / I want to die / Just to live again"; "Gonna lock myself off in my room / Turn off all the lights and drive myself insane / Maybe I die but he would feel the pain" etc.), truly emotion-packed and thought-provoking. Bob Rowe has a really fine vice. Instrumental interludes are long and professional here too. So many maniacal Hammond solos (Vincent Crane meets Keith Emerson sort of thing) and wah-wah guitars that you won't forget this music for a long time my friend. It's only a pity that after 11 minutes and half, it's already over.

And length seems to be the only problem of this magnificent album. But in fact it wasn't a fault of musicians, so let's forget about it and face the fact: "I'm Only One Man" is a lost gem, real classic from the past which deserves wider recognition and CD release! No early-prog collector and Hammond aficionado should omit it. Highly recommended.

Best tracks: well...both of them :-)

Rightfully deserved 4,5 stars from ozzy_tom

Send comments to ozzy_tom (BETA) | Report this review (#679790) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 24, 2012

Post a review of MICAH "I'm Only One Man"