I'M ONLY ONE MAN

Micah I'm Only One Man album cover

Buy MICAH Music
Studio Album, released in 1971

1. He's a dreamer (5:01)
2. Look around you (3:41)
3. So you can see (3:16)
4. I'm only one man (6:24)
5. You don't really care (5:41)
6. Remembrance of things past (5:23)
7. Finale (0:24)

- Gary OHLSON / Organ, Vocals
- Bob ROWE / Lead Vocalist
- George WOLFF / Percussion, Vocals

Record Album Productions

Thanks to bonnek for the addition

MICAH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MICAH I'm Only One Man Music

I'm Only One ManI'm Only One Man
Shadoks Music 2013
MICAH WOLF - Self Esteem - Pay No Mind - 2 Song CD Single [CD ONLY] US $0.01 [0 bids]
Micah Dalton - Blue Frontier CD, Digipack US $4.95 Buy It Now 4h 19m
MICAH P, HINSON PRESENTS A DREAM OF HER. CD RARE!! US $15.00 [0 bids]
Micah P. Hinson and The Opera Circuit, CD US $3.00 [0 bids]
MICAH-I'm Only One Man-USA '71 underground hard/psychedelic rock-NEW CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 52m
The Baby & The Satellite - Hinson, Micah P. CD US $3.00 [0 bids]
Elephant Micah LOT of 3 Rare 7 inch vinyl singles Hiss Golden Messenger US $15.00 [0 bids]
MICAH LEVY - PROBABLY UNTRUE STORY OF MARY WHO HAD A LITTLE LAM NEW CD US $37.97 Buy It Now 17h 54m
Micah - Enter This Love - Propulsion - 2004 #145543 US $4.96 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW - Jane Doe by Stone, Micah US $13.23 Buy It Now 1 day
MICAH BLUE SMALDONE - SOME SWEET DAY NEW CD US $20.40 Buy It Now 1 day
Micah P. Hinson and the Red Empire Orchestra US $16.56 Buy It Now 1 day
CD Treasure The Micah TAwlks Band US $1.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MICAH CHALLENGE: YOU HAVE SHOWN US - NEW CD US $18.02 Buy It Now 1 day
Micah Green - Micah Green 12 tracks - U.S. cd - RARE! US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Elephant Micah Globe Rush Progressions TEST PRESSING 2 of 8 SUPER RARE US $60.00 [0 bids]
MICAH P HINSON AND THE GOSPEL OF PROGRESS UK 13-trk promo CD US $13.26 [0 bids]
Micah Stampley - Ransomed CD US $17.26 Buy It Now 2 days
Micah Blue Smaldone - Some Sweet Day [CD New] US $15.47 Buy It Now 2 days
ELEPHANT MICAH Your Dreams Are Feeding Back CD NEW 2003 Alt Country Folk Rock US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MICAH SCHNABEL when the stage lights LP Whiskey Coke colored Vinyl #SHR /150 US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Jared Micah Jared Micah CD US $6.72 Buy It Now 3 days
Caleb Micah Come Home CD US $6.83 Buy It Now 3 days
Micah Levy - Probably Untrue Story Of Mary Who Had A Little Lam [CD New] US $26.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Micah Stampley - Songbook Of Micah (2005) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 3 days
New: MICAH STAMPLEY - Ransomed GOSPEL CD US $3.98 Buy It Now 4 days
MICAH P. HINSON The Life, Living, Death And Dying Rare 2 Track UK CD! US $4.14 [0 bids]
Micah P. Hinson - And The Pioneer Saboteurs (NEW CD) US $12.83 Buy It Now 4 days
Micah P Hinson. - Micah P. Hinson And The Red Empire Orchestra (NEW CD) US $15.32 Buy It Now 4 days
Micah - Revelation [Vinyl New] US $22.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Micah P.Hinson - Micah P.Hinson & The Red Empire Orchestra [CD New] US $12.50 Buy It Now 4 days
MICAH P HINSON - BABY & THE SATELLITE (EP) NEW CD US $13.89 Buy It Now 4 days
HINSON, Micah P & THE PIONEER SABOTEURS - Micah P Hinson & The Pioneer Saboteurs US $15.75 Buy It Now 4 days
The Micah Tawlks Band The Micah Tawlks Band - Treasure CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Your Dreams are Feeding Back - Micah Elephant New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shi US $20.89 Buy It Now 4 days
Micah Blue Smaldone - The Red River - CD (THINK1010 Immmune 2009) US $18.63 Buy It Now 4 days
Hinson,Micah P. And The Pioneer Saboteurs CD (UK Import) NEW US $11.03 Buy It Now 4 days
Micah Blue Smaldone - Some Sweet Day (2006) - Used - Compact Disc US $5.06 Buy It Now 4 days
Micah P. Hinson and The Opera Circuit, Hinson, Micah P, Very Good US $3.98 Buy It Now 4 days
MICAH I'm Only One Man LP/1971 Florida US/Guitar-Hammond Rock/Santana/SHADOKS US $49.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Micah Stampley - Ransomed [CD New] US $9.60 Buy It Now 5 days
Hinson,Micah P. - Baby & The Satellite [CD New] US $9.06 Buy It Now 5 days
Hinson,Micah P. Micah P.Hinson & The Red Empir CD (UK Import) NEW US $12.51 Buy It Now 5 days
Micah Wagner - 7 Years 6 Months Late [CD New] US $18.98 Buy It Now 5 days
Micah Blue Smaldone / Big Blood split LP sealed Mint ltd 500 download code RTI US $16.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Dahlberg, Micah Matter of Time CD US $6.86 Buy It Now 5 days
MICAH SCHNABEL i'm dead, serious LP assorted vinyl #SHR /500 TWO COW GARAGE US $0.99 [0 bids]
Have I Told You? by Paidfour (CD, Feb-2004, Micah Music) US $4.95 Buy It Now 5 days
MICAH - She Can't Get Me 2 - CD single US $9.52 Buy It Now 5 days
Worship CD NEW Darlene McCoy MICAH STAMPLEY Isaac Carree WESS MORGAN M. Munizzi US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Fred Locks, Micah Shemaiah, Will Tee (Black Redemption) 10" US $13.00 Buy It Now 6 days
MICAH STAMPLEY - RANSOMED NEW CD US $20.00 Buy It Now 6 days
ELEPHANT MICAH louder than thou LP SEALED fold over cover NEW product of palmyra US $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Love Never Fails - Micah Stampley New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $15.38 Buy It Now 6 days
Micah Sims Micah Sims CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Baby & The Satellite - Hinson, Micah P. US $6.98 Buy It Now 7 days
MICAH BLUE SMALDONE - The Ring Of The Rise - LP + MP3 download code US $29.66 Buy It Now 8 days
Love Never Fails * by Micah Stampley (CD, Nov-2013, Motown) US $10.28 Buy It Now 8 days
Micah Green : Micah Green (US Import) CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Micah P Hinson & The Red Empire Orchestra Special Edition US $16.86 Buy It Now 8 days
MICAH GAUGH TRIO - THE BLUE FAIRY MERMAID PRINCESS - AT038 US $18.96 Buy It Now 9 days
MICAH BLUE SMALDONE - SOME SWEET DAY [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $12.49 Buy It Now 9 days
Smaldone,Micah Blue - Hither & Thither [CD New] US $15.68 Buy It Now 9 days
MICAH BLUE SMALDONE - HITHER & THITHER NEW CD US $20.40 Buy It Now 9 days
The Corinthian Song~~Micah Stampley~~Daywind Soundtrack~~CD~~2 Key~~NEW US $8.99 Buy It Now 9 days
MICAH BLUE SMALDONE - RED RIVER (MINI LP SLEEVE) NEW CD US $21.53 Buy It Now 9 days
NEW - Beyond the Shores by Micah Wolf US $10.39 Buy It Now 9 days
Micah Blue Smaldone Ring of the Rise LP vinyl record indie bon iver night beds US $17.95 Buy It Now 10 days
Micah Gaugh - Blue Fairy Mermaid Princess [CD New] US $14.43 Buy It Now 10 days
Smaldone,Micah Blue - Red River [CD New] US $15.77 Buy It Now 10 days
MICAH GAUGH - THE BLUE FAIRY MERMAID PRINCESS - NEW CD US $11.42 Buy It Now 10 days
Second Story by Wilshire (CD, 2000, Wilshire Records) Lori & Micah pop rock US $4.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Forty Save One SEALED CD Something Fierce 2000 Micah US $4.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Micah Stampley cd Songbook US $7.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Micah Blue Smaldone - Some Sweet Day CD US $17.32 Buy It Now 10 days
Stampley Micah - Love Never Fails CD US $15.90 Buy It Now 10 days
Micah Gaugh - Blue Fairy Mermaid Princess CD US $20.85 Buy It Now 10 days
Smaldone Micah Blue Big Blood - Split LP Vinyl Record US $21.59 Buy It Now 10 days
Micah Schnabel - Im Dead Serious - MP3 Music US $13.98 Buy It Now 10 days
Micah Page - Interludes [CD New] US $16.19 Buy It Now 11 days
The Red River [PA] [Slipcase] * by Micah Blue Smaldone (CD, Sep-2009, Immune) US $12.84 Buy It Now 11 days
MICAH-COAST TO COAST 9-TRACK CD EO1 @ US $0.99 Buy It Now 11 days
MICAH P HINSON THE LIFE, LIVING, DEATH AND DYING..RARE 2 TRACK DJ PROMO CD US $1.64 Buy It Now 11 days
MICAH P. HINSON - BABY & THE SATELLITE UK LIMITED CD ALBUM Numbered US $19.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Micah P. Hinson - And The Pioneer Saboteurs NEW CD US $10.69 Buy It Now 11 days
Micah Blue Smaldone - Hither & Thither CD US $17.20 Buy It Now 11 days
Micah Blue Smaldone - Red River CD US $16.99 Buy It Now 11 days
MYQ KAPLAN / MICAH SHERMAN - PLEASE BE SEATED NEW CD US $21.16 Buy It Now 11 days
Hinson Micah P. - Micah P. Hinson And The Red Empire Orchestra - FTH056CDXX US $15.32 Buy It Now 11 days
Hinson Micah P - Micah P. Hinson And The Pioneer Saboteurs - FTH093CD US $14.47 Buy It Now 11 days
Love Never Fails * by Micah Stampley (CD, Nov-2013, Motown) US $14.75 Buy It Now 12 days
MICAH P. HINSON - MICAH P. HINSON AND THE PIONEER SABOTEURS - NEW CD US $12.65 Buy It Now 12 days
STAMPLEY,MICAH-LOVE NEVER FAILS CD NEW US $14.20 Buy It Now 12 days
Micah Blue Smaldone - Ring Of The Rise [CD New] US $15.56 Buy It Now 12 days
STAMPLEY, MICAH-SONGBOOK OF MICAH, T CD NEW US $16.05 Buy It Now 12 days
Scars on 45, Embrace, Mighty Fox, Micah Walk, Eliza Hull - U.S. PROMO cd 081014 US $8.95 Buy It Now 12 days
MICAH SHERMAN/MYQ KA - PLEASE BE SEATED [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $9.67 Buy It Now 12 days
ELEPHANT MICAH - THE UNTIED STATES OF ELEPHANT MICAH - NEW CD US $9.68 Buy It Now 13 days
WORSHIP EXPERIENCE by the LIVE TO WORSHIP BAND - the CD - Psalm 29 Micah 7:7 ... US $9.99 Buy It Now 13 days
MICAH P. HINSON Yard Of Blonde Girls 2005 UK 2-track promo CD Viva Voce US $6.61 Buy It Now 13 days

More places to buy MICAH music online Buy MICAH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MICAH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MICAH I'm Only One Man ratings distribution

MICAH I'm Only One Man reviews

Review by ozzy_tom
4 stars "Micah" is a very little-known American progressive rock band from early 70s. Their music is a great blend of American hard/psychedelic rock style (like "Ford Theatre") and art/symphonic rock of such British formations like "Cressida", early "Deep Purple", "Beggar's Opera" or "Rare Bird". To be honest British influences seem even stronger in their music, so it was quite a surprise for me when I started to listen to "I'm Only One Man"(their eponymous album). You could swear that they were from UK!

Anyway their sole record is a real treat for people who likes to dig out some forgotten gems. Especially that prog-rock in early 70s wasn't a popular style among American bands. Micah proves that after all USA also had some fantastic progressive music before Kansas was born.

"I'm Only One Man" was constructed with 2 long suites: one lasting 18:30 minutes and another 11:30 minutes (the second one seems to be unfinished in fact). Yes, they have separate titles of shorter songs which they were built from, but as far as I know we should treat it like 2 epic compositions, especially that there are no evident gapes in the middle of them (it's rather difficult to judge when one sub-song is finished and another starts. Maybe if it will be released on CD [right now it's available only on the vinyl], somebody will separate those suites into shorter songs, but I hope they won't do that...).

Let's review the suites:

1. "He's a dreamer / Look around you / So you can see / I'm only one man" - first epic composition starts with promising organ motif in the vein of Jon Lord's work. What follows is a delightful early-prog stuff full of great melodies, catchy rhythms, explosive Hammond riffs and equally good guitars. If I had to draw some similarities, I'd describe it like a mix of early "Deep Purple", "Ford Theatre", "Arcadium", "Cressida", "Live" and "Aardvark" with organ solos a la "The Nice" or "Quatermass". Yeah, you can't go wrong with "Micah", they surely sound fantastic and - what's also important - very professional. Quatermass. As you see 18:30 min. length you might think that the whole suite sounds like some overlong jam session (especially that American prog-rock wasn't quite developed back then), but it's not the case here, 'cause the whole composition is perfectly structured and divided into more song oriented fragments, while great soloing is somehow floating between them perfectly. Take note of the theme which starts about 16:10 min., what a splendid symphonic tune Gary Ohlson is playing there! Superb.

2. "You don't really care / Remembrance of things past / Finale" - 2nd suite is almost equally good. Lyrics are even better here to be honest ("I want to go / way back there / I want to die / Just to live again"; "Gonna lock myself off in my room / Turn off all the lights and drive myself insane / Maybe I die but he would feel the pain" etc.), truly emotion-packed and thought-provoking. Bob Rowe has a really fine vice. Instrumental interludes are long and professional here too. So many maniacal Hammond solos (Vincent Crane meets Keith Emerson sort of thing) and wah-wah guitars that you won't forget this music for a long time my friend. It's only a pity that after 11 minutes and half, it's already over.

And length seems to be the only problem of this magnificent album. But in fact it wasn't a fault of musicians, so let's forget about it and face the fact: "I'm Only One Man" is a lost gem, real classic from the past which deserves wider recognition and CD release! No early-prog collector and Hammond aficionado should omit it. Highly recommended.

Best tracks: well...both of them :-)

Rightfully deserved 4,5 stars from ozzy_tom

Send comments to ozzy_tom (BETA) | Report this review (#679790) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 24, 2012

Post a review of MICAH "I'm Only One Man"