CAN ANTHOLOGY

Can Can Anthology album cover

Buy CAN Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1994

Disc 1: (75:11)
1. Father Cannot Yell (7:05)
2. Soup (3:03)
3. Mother Sky (6:41)
4. She Brings The Rain (4:07)
5. Mushroom (4:31)
6. One More Night (5:37)
7. Outside My Door (4:11)
8. Spoon (3:09)
9. Halleluwah (5:39)
10. Aumgn (7:18)
11. Dizzy Dizzy (3:30)
12. Yoo Doo Right (20:20)

Disc 2: (74:20)
11. I Want More (3:30)
12. Animal Waves (8:09)
13. Don't Say No (6:35)
14. Aspectacle (3:06)
15. Below This Level (3:13)
16. Hoolah Hoolah (3:31)
17. Last Night Sleep (3:35)

Search CAN Can Anthology lyrics

Search CAN Can Anthology tabs

- Holger Czucay / bass, vocal all titles except Disc 2: 17 and Disc 1: 11, 13
- Micheal Karoli / guitar all titles, violins Disc 1: 11, Disc 2: 7,10,12, vocal Disc 1: 11 Disc 2: 7,10,11,13,15,16,17
- Jaki Liebezeit / drums, vocal all titles Disc 1: 11,13
- Irmin Schmidt / keyboards, vocal all titles, Disc 1: 10, Disc 2: 11,13
- Damo Suzuki / vocal Disc 1: 2,3,5,6,7,9,10, Disc 2: 3,5,6,8,9
- Malcolm Mooney / vocal Disc 1: 1,4,7,12, Disc 2: 1,2,15,16,17
- Rosko Gee / bass, vocal Disc 2: 12,14 Disc 2: 13
- Reebop Kwaku Baah / percussion, vocal Disc 1: 12,13

CD-Spoon records

and to frenchie for the last updates

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Can Anthology Music

CAN - ANTHOLOGY : 2CD SET REMASTEREDCAN - ANTHOLOGY : 2CD SET REMASTERED
Spoon Records
BRENDA JO HARRIS Play With Fire / I Can Remember 1968 Northern Soul promo 7" VG+ US $7.95 Buy It Now 1h 29m
THE BEATLES DAY TRIPPER & WE CAN WORK IT OUT 5555 7" US $7.47 Buy It Now 1h 30m
EDDIE MONEY LP- LIFE FOR THE TAKING - "CAN'T KEEP A GOOD MAN DOWN" FREE DOM. S US $5.35 Buy It Now 1h 30m
NM 12"~LIL JON~EAST SIDE BOYZ~8BALL~MJG~OOBIE~Put You Hood Up~Can't Stop Pimpin~ US $3.90 [0 bids]
NM 12"~GOSPEL GANGSTAZ~I Can See Clearly Now~[x4 Mixes]~Once Was Blind~[x3 Mix]~ US $3.90 [0 bids]
NM 12"~LUDACRIS~DTP~I-20~SHAWNNA~2 CHAINZ~N.s.e.w~[x3 Mix]~Can't Be Stopped~[x3] US $3.90 [0 bids]
NM 12"~CHINIOZ~Aka CHINA BLACK~I Can't Get Know Love~[x2 Mix]~You Can It To~[x2] US $3.90 [0 bids]
EXC 12"~LIL'O~Can't Stop~[x2 Mixes]~If You Bust Me~[OG 1997 MCA Iss]~TEXAS RAP~ US $3.90 [0 bids]
NM 12"~LISA LISA & CULT JAM~FULL FORCE~Can You Feel The Beat~[6:50]~Slick Mix~[6 US $3.90 [0 bids]
45RPM Jackey Beavers YOU CAN HAVE HER Sample NM/MINT! US $5.20 Buy It Now 1h 32m
JOHN TRAVOLTA Can't Let You Go MIDLAND MINT! Stereo US $5.20 Buy It Now 1h 32m
1988 Joan Jett And The Blackhearts Little Liar / What Can I Do US 45 EX/VG+ Pic US $7.25 Buy It Now 1h 33m
TOMMY ROE WE CAN MAKE MUSIC LP 883 US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 34m
OneRepublic - Native (CD 2013) Can't Stop Brand New & Sealed US $4.68 [0 bids]
Skinnerbox - What You Can Do, What You Can't (CD, Apr-1997, Moon) US $2.00 [0 bids]
THE EMBERS "I Can See Clearly Now" + Canadian Sunset YELLOW COLORED VINYL 45 EX US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 38m
S-J (THE DIVA) I Need You/ You Can Be 12" single ARRIBA US $2.90 Buy It Now 1h 43m
The Lovelites How Can I Tell My Mom & Dad Lock 45 Record MINT- Chicago SOUL 1969 US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Tammy Wynette - 2 LP Lot, We Can Sure Love Each Other and Bedtime Stories US $1.99 [0 bids]
AN ANGLE WE CAN BREATHE UNDER ALCOHOL CD US $2.48 Buy It Now 1h 45m
TAYLOR DAYNE - CAN'T FIGHT FATE - VERY GOOD CONDITION CD US $6.50 Buy It Now 1h 45m
genesis we can't dance US $0.99 [1 bids]
RARE SOUL 45 JIMMY DOCKETT - I CAN REMEMBER THE GOOD OLD DAYS - IMAGE IMDJ-3021 US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
JACKIE DESHANNON - YOU CAN COME TO ME / BRIGHTON HILL 45 RECORD US $2.00 [0 bids]
RY COODER How Can a Poor Man Stand Such Times WHITE LABEL PROMO UK A1 matrix 45 US $14.99 [0 bids]
I CAN HEAR IT NOW Edward R. Murrow 1945-1949 SEALED LP US $25.95 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Rock & Roll Bobby Comstock And The Counts Can It Be True / Aint Like Me Mn- US $19.95 [0 bids]
Sheb Wooley I Can 't Believe You're Mine / The Purple People Eater 45 MGM 12651 US $3.50 [0 bids]
Like New Lot Of 3 Genesis/Phil Collins CD's: No Jacket Required, We Can't Dance US $8.99 [0 bids]
BON JOVI 100,000,000 FANS CAN'T BE WRONG PREMIERE COLLECTION 4 CD'S 1 DVD MINT! US $22.00 Buy It Now 1h 58m
Can't Stop A Man - Hammond,Beres (2003, CD New) US $22.45 Buy It Now 2h
Bad Company?7"?CAN'T GET ENOUGH?japan?EX?!! US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h
Rare Signature Series Santana Persuasion Music In The Can From WZ GMBH 1994 cd87 US $17.95 [0 bids]
2h
ERIC BURDON & WAR, They Can't Take Away Our Music PORTUGAL 1st pressing PS 45 US $2.99 [0 bids]
MARILLION, No One Can UK 1st pressing A1 matrix PS 45 US $0.01 [1 bids]
SALIX ALBA, I Can't Resist WHITE LABEL PROMO [Stax] 45 US $0.01 [0 bids]
2h
DEPECHE MODE JUST CANīT GET ENOUGH / ANY SECOND NOW RARE SWEDEN PS 7" 1981 MUTE US $34.99 Buy It Now 2h
25 CENT CD All That You Can't Leave Behind by U2 (CD, Oct-2000, Interscope (USA) US $0.25 [1 bids]
LAKESIDE - FANTASTIC VOYAGE / I CAN'T GET YOU OUT OF MY HEAD 45 RECORD US $2.00 [0 bids]
Usher - Can U Get Wit It - 12" Vinyl Single - LaFace 73008-24077-1 - EX US $4.95 Buy It Now 2h 3m
JIMMY REED 45 Can't Stand To See You Go VEE-JAY Blues ORIGINAL Excellent #BB1119 US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 5m
KING FLOYD 45 Can You Dig It? DIAL MINT US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Rare Signature Series Steely Dan Roaring Of The Lamb Music In The Can 1994 cd88 US $24.95 [0 bids]
LYNN ANDERSON!! - "HOW CAN I UNLOVE YOU" COL 30925 STEREO LP VG!! US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 9m
SKUNK ANANSlE I Can Dream CD SINGLE US $12.92 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Can I Change My Mind, Davis, Tyrone, Good Original recording remastered US $25.54 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Chris Brown & Lil Wayne - I Can Transform Ya (Main/Inst) - U.S. PROMO cd 082314 US $7.95 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Chanson - I Can Tell - U.S. PROMO 12" VINYL US $5.98 Buy It Now 2h 13m
JEB STUART: Can't Count The Days 45 (dj) Soul US $18.00 Buy It Now 2h 13m
Carl Smith Love While You Can LP (795) US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 14m
RANDY CRAWFORD - A LOT THAT YOU CAN DO - U.S. PROMO 12" US $5.98 Buy It Now 2h 14m
ARCHIE BELL & THE DRELLS I CAN'T STOP DANCING CO SLEEVE US $7.19 Buy It Now 2h 14m
Can't Stop Eating [EP] by Starflyer 59 (CD, Oct-2002, Tooth & Nail) US $3.99 [0 bids]
In Concert - 2 DISC SET - Dead Can Dance (2013, CD New) 5414939392023 US $16.08 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Can We Dance - Vamps (2013, CD Single NEUF) US $5.97 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Whatnauts - Instigating/I Can't Stand To See You Cry - Vinyl 45 US $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 15m
INTO THE LABYRINTH MUSIC CD BY DEAD CAN DANCE - 4AD EXCELLENT CONDITION US $3.00 [0 bids]
Rare Blues LP - Walter Horton - Can't Keep Lovin' You - Blind Pig # BP 1484 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 18m
NORMA JEAN "I CAN'T LEAVE HIM" 45 RPM US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 19m
DON BROWN-I CAN'T SAY NO-JAPAN SHM-CD F04 US $25.50 Buy It Now 2h 20m
ANNA MARIA ALBERGHETTI-I CAN'T RESIST YOU-JAPAN MINI LP CD D50 US $19.50 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Laurnea - Can't Let Go (Remixes) - U.S. PROMO 12" VINYL US $5.98 Buy It Now 2h 21m
THE ADVENTURERS 1961 "Can't Stop Twistin'" ORGNL US JERSEY R&B LP NM- US $34.95 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Dennis Dellinger - Why Can't You Feel - U.S. 12" VINYL US $5.98 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Ronnie Dyson - Girl Don't Come / Why Can't I Touch You? 7" 45 VG+ Columbia 1970 US $2.99 Buy It Now 2h 22m
45 HANK THOMPSON HOW COLD HEARTED CAN YOU GET IT'S BETTER TO HAVE LOVED A LITTLE US $3.95 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Yngwie Malmsteen?- I Can't Wait Japan CD PCCY-00629 OBI 1994 US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Michael Lovesmith - I Can't Give Her Up- U.S. PROMO 12" US $5.98 Buy It Now 2h 26m
THE BEATLES SINGLE 7' RECORD 'CAN'T BUY ME LOVE' PICTURE SLEEVE US $47.51 [3 bids]
Tom Tom Club - Happiness Can't Buy Money - U.S. 12" US $5.98 Buy It Now 2h 27m
ROY ORBISON-CRAWLIN' BACK/IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING NICE-45 RPM 7" US $10.30 Buy It Now 2h 27m
Limmie & Family Cookin' - Spider/You Can Do Magic - Vinyl 45 US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Alabama - Can't Keep A Good Man Down/If It Ain't Dixie(It Won't Do) (45,1985) US $2.75 Buy It Now 2h 28m
45 RECORD MERLE HAGGARD IT'S BEEN A GREAT AFTERNOON LOVE ME WHEN YOU CAN US $1.48 Buy It Now 2h 29m
Aggregation A Child Is Born Can You Feel It Numero Group Northern Soul 7" Single US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 29m
Real To Reel-Lot of 2 -12 in Dance Singles-Can You Treat Me-Love Me-Solar Record US $20.00 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Tyrese Nobody Else CD Single I Can't Go On 1998 RCA US $6.95 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Another Level Summertime featuring TQ CD Single I Can See You In My Mind US $5.95 Buy It Now 2h 31m
That Kid Chris - Can U Dig It - U.S. 12" VINYL US $5.98 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Spin Doctors Pocket Full of Kryptonite Little Miss Can't Be Wrong Two Princes US $5.95 Buy It Now 2h 32m
Xscape Who Can I Run To? CD Single Feels So Good (Untouchables Flava Smoothed... US $5.95 Buy It Now 2h 32m
Everlast I Can't Move Promo CD Single Call Out Hook 2000 from Eat At Whitey's US $5.95 Buy It Now 2h 34m
45 rpm-Gene Pitney-Only Love Can Break Heart/ If I Don't Have Dime-Musicore 1022 US $2.25 [0 bids]
Lil' Kim La Bella Mafia [PA] CD The Jump Off Magic Stick When Kim Say Can You He US $5.95 Buy It Now 2h 35m
THE LETTERMEN 45 RPM "Goin' Out of My Head / Can't Keep My Eyes" "I Believe" VG+ US $2.99 Buy It Now 2h 35m
The Prophets of Peace - The Max/You Can Be Numero Group Northern Soul US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 35m
Soul 45 * Nature's Divine * I just can't control myself * Mint- US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 35m
MADCATS 45rpm (SKYLINE 020X *CANADIAN*) We Can Get The Feelin (M) *LISTEN-2-IT* US $9.99 [0 bids]
BEE GEES How Can You Mend A Broken Heart / Country Woman ATCO 45-6824 VG++/NM- US $13.00 Buy It Now 2h 37m
You Can Hide Inside the Music by The Harper Brothers CD 1993 Verve Compact Disc US $3.10 Buy It Now 2h 40m
R Kelly I Believe I Can Fly Music Cassette Single Jive Label US $3.45 Buy It Now 2h 40m
EIMEL / CAN WE TAIK US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 41m
JOHN SENATI CAN-CAN AND OTHER COLE PORTER FAVORITES VINYL LP US $11.04 Buy It Now 2h 41m
The Jacksons / Can You Feel It The Jackson Collection Taiwan CD+w/obi(RARE)NEW US $3.99 [0 bids]
DESIRE If I Can't Hold You Tonight 12" NEW VINYL Glass Candy Italians Do It Bett US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 43m
CD Every Which Way But Loose + Any Which You Can Soundtrack OST Eddie Rabbitt US $255.00 [7 bids]
Third World - How Can You/Sense Of Purpose (45,1985) US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 45m
THE SUPREMES A' GO GO MS-649 VINYL LP 1966 ORIG PRESS "YOU CAN'T HURRY LOVE" US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Magic Number Kick the Can Crew CD Kreva Sayonara Japan hip hop rap Japanese 2003 US $11.98 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Hi Fi Tie-The Boys Can't Help It-12" Single-Vinyl Record-VG+ US $2.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Can Anthology ratings distribution

CAN Can Anthology reviews

Review by fuxi
5 stars It's testimony to Prog Archives' generous spirit that Can's collected works (and hundreds of other Krautrock artifacts) are included in the site. For this music is as different from the 'Look at me, I'm a virtuoso!' excursions by the likes of Keith Emerson or Chris Squire as it is possible to get. Indeed, it is claimed (in the Rough Guide to Rock, no less!) that in any given Can composition bassist Holger Czukay simply keeps repeating the same two notes over and over again. I haven't checked if this is true, but it certainly seems that way, and yet his bass playing is delightful. In fact, all of the pieces in this collection are immensely lovable.

Let me come clean: this is the only Can album I possess, and I've never heard any other. Still, Prog Archives experts seem to agree that this double CD is a decent representation of the band's career, so I've got no qualms about recommending it to you.

There are two reasons why I've decided to award this album five stars. First of all, I really love this music. It was recommended to me by one of my best friends, it's full of variety, and whenever I put it on, I feel great. Secondly, the more I play this, the more I'm amazed by its historic significance. If Can had been a British or a North American band, you would see their name in poll after poll of the most influential rock bands ever. No doubt about it. Listen to this music, and track after track (most of the material was recorded BEFORE 1975!) will remind you of Bowie's LOW, of the Talking Heads' REMAIN IN LIGHT (minus the hysterical vocals), of New Order, David Sylvian etc. ... all the way up to present-day bands like Gorillaz.

I recently read an article which gave the impression that David Byrne and Peter Gabriel invented so-called World Music, but that's nonsense, because Can were at it at least a full decade earlier, using African rhythms and Middle Eastern harmonies with grace and total ease. (Of course you could maintain that 'World Music' started more than two thousand years ago, when both China and Europe were transformed by string instruments which originated in the Middle East.)

This collection is full of gentle undulating melodies, weird nursery rhymes, irresistible grooves and comic recitations... On the second disc, there's even a brief parody of Japanese noh theatre chanting. Altogether, it's unmistakably a masterpiece.

Send comments to fuxi (BETA) | Report this review (#127523) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 04, 2007

4 stars Well like some of you i'm not really into songs so much as I am into albums. So anthologies or "Best Of" recordings aren't that appealing to me. Heck I have an I-Pod that I got a year and half ago still in it's box. One day i'll get around to that but that's just my mind-set I guess. There are some advantages to owning this two disc anthology because i'm not a completist so most of disc two is new to me. Also the info in the liner notes is so comprehensive, i'm very impressed. All the albums are listed with pictures of the corresponding covers and song titles. Lots of pictures including a priceless one of Damo and Malcom together smiling for the camera. Okay Malcom isn't smiling (haha). There's a little blurb on each album and inside where the song titles are for this two disc affair they even tell us what album each track comes from. Man for someone new to the band this would be all so invaluable.

Disc one is filled with their more well known numbers as we get music from "Monster Movie" straight through to "Soon Over Babaluma" but skipping "Future Days" which appears on disc two. I wouldn't even know where to start or end in picking my favourites from this bunch. Classic stuff.

Disc two begins with a track from "Can Delay" and it's a good one in "Uphill" with Malcom on vocals. "Mother Upduff" is next and I love this one too. This song and the four to follow are from "Unlimited Edition". One song from "Landed" followed by two from "Future Days" in the title track and "Moonshake". We get two tracks from "Flow Motion" , "Saw Delight" and "Rite Time" with the latter one having Malcom back on vocals. One from "Can" and it ends with a song from a soundtrack.

So we get about 2 1/2 hours of CAN music that spans their careers plus lots of good information and pictures. A low 4 stars for me but it's worth the rating.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#803930) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 13, 2012

5 stars CAN's CONDENSED SOUP Anthology is a two-disc collection of Can's groundbreaking music, whose early experimental Rock music in the 1970's was highly influential on many bands that followed. The music is not presented in strict chronological order, but rather split between early-period and latter ... (read more)

Report this review (#218115) | Posted by catfood03 | Sunday, May 24, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Can Anthology"