CAN ANTHOLOGY

Can Can Anthology album cover

Buy CAN Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1994

Disc 1: (75:11)
1. Father Cannot Yell (7:05)
2. Soup (3:03)
3. Mother Sky (6:41)
4. She Brings The Rain (4:07)
5. Mushroom (4:31)
6. One More Night (5:37)
7. Outside My Door (4:11)
8. Spoon (3:09)
9. Halleluwah (5:39)
10. Aumgn (7:18)
11. Dizzy Dizzy (3:30)
12. Yoo Doo Right (20:20)

Disc 2: (74:20)
11. I Want More (3:30)
12. Animal Waves (8:09)
13. Don't Say No (6:35)
14. Aspectacle (3:06)
15. Below This Level (3:13)
16. Hoolah Hoolah (3:31)
17. Last Night Sleep (3:35)

Search CAN Can Anthology lyrics

Search CAN Can Anthology tabs

- Holger Czucay / bass, vocal all titles except Disc 2: 17 and Disc 1: 11, 13
- Micheal Karoli / guitar all titles, violins Disc 1: 11, Disc 2: 7,10,12, vocal Disc 1: 11 Disc 2: 7,10,11,13,15,16,17
- Jaki Liebezeit / drums, vocal all titles Disc 1: 11,13
- Irmin Schmidt / keyboards, vocal all titles, Disc 1: 10, Disc 2: 11,13
- Damo Suzuki / vocal Disc 1: 2,3,5,6,7,9,10, Disc 2: 3,5,6,8,9
- Malcolm Mooney / vocal Disc 1: 1,4,7,12, Disc 2: 1,2,15,16,17
- Rosko Gee / bass, vocal Disc 2: 12,14 Disc 2: 13
- Reebop Kwaku Baah / percussion, vocal Disc 1: 12,13

CD-Spoon records

and to frenchie for the last updates

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Can Anthology Music

Vinyl$20.98
Monster MovieMonster Movie
Mute 2014
Vinyl$17.48
Whole World Can be Your Sweetheart - Bild,Kathryn New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Fre US $22.43 Buy It Now 29m 44s
ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - CAN CAN [HALLMARK] - NEW CD US $5.44 Buy It Now 30m 3s
Can You Feel It by DJ Feelgood - CD electro techno US $2.49 Buy It Now 30m 25s
JULIA FORDHAM UK 1994 PR0MO CD Single I Can't Help Myself US $4.41 Buy It Now 30m 46s
Soul Promo 45 THE STYLISTICS Can't Help Falling in Love US $5.00 Buy It Now 32m 8s
NATIONAL ACROBAT Can't Stop Casper Adams CD 2000 Proggy Hardcore US $6.99 Buy It Now 32m 8s
STEELY DAN "Can't Buy a Thrill" CD, 1998 MCA Remaster (Compact Disc) NEW US $4.99 Buy It Now 32m 53s
Sandra HEAVEN CAN WAIT German Original 1st Issue 1988 3-trk CD Maxi NO BARCODE!! US $150.00 Buy It Now 33m 14s
FOUR TOPS seven lonely nights / i can't hold on much longer 7" VG 45 ABC 12096 US $10.00 Buy It Now 33m 38s
CHAS McDEVITT SKIFFLE GROUP.....FREIGHT TRAIN & THE COTTON SONG..1957..CAN HEAR US $4.99 [0 bids]
33m 43s
Technique 12" Single (Looking For Someone To Love)Tonight/Can We Try Again US $9.99 Buy It Now 33m 55s
Twisted Sister - You Can't Stop Rock 'n' Roll - Atlantic 80074-1 US $8.00 [0 bids]
34m 56s
Charlie Moak You Can't Hurt Me Anymore 45 Record Yellow Vinyl Rare Nashville US $9.00 Buy It Now 36m 36s
MICHAEL JACKSON- Don't Stop Til You Get Enough / I Can't Help It -EX-7" SINGLE US $0.80 [0 bids]
37m 13s
Can't Kill A Dream - Unit Pride [Import] (CD, 1995) OOP US $5.99 Buy It Now 37m 27s
PETER FRAMPTON "YOU CAN BE SURE" RARE 1994 CD SINGLE US $7.69 Buy It Now 38m 15s
DAVID CASSIDY - 60s Original sheet music - HOW CAN I BE SURE US $25.68 Buy It Now 38m 20s
BRYAN ADAMS USA 1991 PR0MO CD Single CAN'T STOP THIS THING WE STARTED DiscMINT US $9.62 Buy It Now 38m 46s
LEANN RIMES - CAN'T FIGHT THE MOONLIGHT (THE REMIXES) - 2000 UK CD SINGLE US $1.61 Buy It Now 39m 23s
RAY CHARLES i can't stop lovin' you JAPAN 7" it PS-106 US $16.19 Buy It Now 39m 35s
DIXIE CHICKS CASSETTE (SINGLE) I CAN LOVE YOU BETTER/GIVE IT UP OR LET ME GO US $4.98 Buy It Now 39m 54s
FRANCINE REED CD Can't make it on my own Ichiban Al Kooper Delbert McLinton 1996 US $3.05 [0 bids]
40m 34s
Pop Promo 45 ERIC ANDERSON Can't Get You Out of My Life US $5.00 Buy It Now 40m 46s
DEBBIE HARRY Blondie UK 1993 CD Single I CAN SEE CLEARLY Pt1 US $4.80 Buy It Now 40m 57s
cd-single promo cimmaron can`t you just stay gone alpine 1993 US $6.00 [0 bids]
42m 8s
As Far As I Can See - Zombies New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $20.79 Buy It Now 42m 14s
REO Speedwagon "You Can Tune A Piano..." 1978 Craft Vinyl 12" Record US $0.99 [0 bids]
42m 22s
U2-All That You Canīt Leave Behind CD w/Beautiful Day & Elevation Bono Edge US $4.99 Buy It Now 42m 48s
THE BEATLES DAY TRIPPER/WE CAN WORK IT OUT 45 1ST PRESSING PARLOPHONE 1965 US $4.57 [6 bids]
45m 23s
MADONNA YOU CAN DANCE SINGLES EDITS ALBUM REMIXES-RARE US $74.99 Buy It Now 45m 38s
45 RECORD GLADYS KNIGHT & THE PIPS: I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW, I'VE GOT TO USE MY... US $2.60 Buy It Now 47m 28s
vintage j 45 rpm 31231 IT'S NEVER TOO LATE - YOU CAN DEPEND ON ME - Brenda Lee US $1.19 [0 bids]
47m 44s
vintage j 45 rpm 4-43589 THE CYRKLE - Red Rubber Ball - How Can I Leave Her US $1.19 [0 bids]
47m 44s
vintage j 45 rpm - M1179 - Never Can Say Goodbye - She's Good - THE JACKSON 5 US $1.19 [0 bids]
TONY OWENS: I Can Hear Music 45 rare Soul US $50.00 Buy It Now 49m 20s
CARL ANDERSON 45 RPM 7" VINYL RECORD CAN'T STOP THIS FEELING- DEMONSTRATION COPY US $1.99 [0 bids]
49m 39s
A-Town Players / Mixzo Featuring Envyi ?- Player Can't You See /It's About Time US $3.99 Buy It Now 51m 40s
LP-LIGHTHOUSE- "CAN YOU FEEL IT" 1973 includes Poster US $9.98 Buy It Now 52m 11s
KELLY MARIE ~ IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU LP RARE US $3.99 [0 bids]
52m 15s
Dawn featuring Tony Orlando. Tie a yellow ribbon round the ole oak tree.45rpm. US $2.00 Buy It Now 52m 55s
FRANK MESSINA AND THE MAVERICKS who can i count on? 7" VG+ MAC GREGOR 956 US $8.00 Buy It Now 53m 54s
Louis Clark - Hooked On A Can Can - ** EXCELLENT CONDITION ** 12" Single Vinyl US $7.95 Buy It Now 55m 15s
ORANGE JUICE st CAN'T HIDE YOUR LOVE FOREVER 2 on 1 CD back to back EDWYN COLLIN US $29.99 Buy It Now 55m 42s
THE BEACH BOYS I Can Hear Music very rare promo 45 from 1974 US $24.99 Buy It Now 55m 50s
GERRY RAFFERTY CAN I HAVE MY MONEY BACK - SEALED 1971 ORIGINAL LABEL BA 6031 US $39.99 Buy It Now 56m 31s
FASTBALL ALL THE PAIN MONEY CAN BUY-CD-VG CONDITION. US $4.95 [0 bids]
58m 22s
Can't Get You Off My Mind / Empty Hands/ Stand By My Woman Kravitz, Lenny MUSIC US $7.65 Buy It Now 59m 27s
100,000,000 BON JOVI FANS CAN'T BE WRONG 10-TRACK U.S. PROMO DJ CD SAMPLER CS27# US $22.99 Buy It Now 59m 43s
Can You Feel It by DJ Feelgood (CD, Nov-2000, US $4.99 Buy It Now 59m 57s
Claude King 45 "The Comancheros / Can't Get Over The Way You Got Over Me" US $4.49 Buy It Now 1h
Can You Hear Me? by Rick Wakeman (CD, Nov-2003, Hope Entertainment) US $15.00 [0 bids]
1h
Johnny Ingram - Can I Take You Home Tonight? [CD New] US $9.98 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Dj Vadim - U Can't Lurn Imaginashun [CD New] US $11.12 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Carl Saunders - Can You Dig Being Dug? [CD New] US $17.98 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Can You Feel The Love Tonight [Compilation] [Audio CD] Various US $13.70 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Marvin Sease - It's All Over / I Can't Forget You Girl 45 rpm 1989 US $2.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Fitzgerald/Armstrong - They Can't Take That Away From Me [CD New] US $10.29 Buy It Now 1h 3m
The Jackson 5 "She's So Good/Never Can Say Goodbye" 45 US $4.95 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Nice Work If You Can Get It - Original Cast [CD New] US $18.98 Buy It Now 1h 4m
THE LETTERMEN "GOIN' OUT OF MYT HEAD / CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU" 45 RPM US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
As Far as I Can See by Michael Monroe (CD, Oct-1999, Orchard (Distributor)) US $2.50 [0 bids]
Dead Can Dance - In Concert 2013 [CD New] US $14.67 Buy It Now 1h 4m
She & Him 'I Can Hear Music' 7" Vinyl Unplayed US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 5m
MURS Can It Be Album/Instr/A Cap vinyl 12 Inch 2008 Warner Bros Records SEALED US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 5m
PHIL COLLINS you can't hurry love JAPAN 7" PROMO P-1736 US $11.69 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Biafra,Jello & The Melvins - Never Breathe What You Can't See [CD New] US $12.07 Buy It Now 1h 6m
LIONEL RICHIE - CAN'T SLOW DOWN Cassette Tape US $0.79 [0 bids]
BILLY WALKER - SHE'S AS CLOSE AS I CAN GET (TO LOVING YOU) Country 45rpm -MGM EX US $1.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT 1964 PARLOPHONE 7" R5114 VG US $0.79 [1 bids]
Nino Tempo & April Stevens 1966 White Whale 45rpm All Strung Out b/w Can't Go On US $7.00 [0 bids]
LACY J. DALTON 45 RPM 7" VINYL RECORD*WORKING CLASS MAN*CAN'T SEE ME WITHOUT YOU US $1.99 [0 bids]
45 R&B FOUR TOPS Sad Souvenirs - I Can't Help Myself MT-1076 EB456 US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Marvin Gaye - How Can I Forget You T 54190 USA 7" 1968 Tamla US $12.83 Buy It Now 1h 9m
REGGAE-PETER HUNNIGALE- Can't Stop -LP- UNPLAYED-LOVERS-NM-2002 US $12.83 [0 bids]
MONK & POWELL NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT (48) (JAZZ GREATS) CD ALBUM B5 US $6.81 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Trash Can School I Love You Too Bad Sympathy For The Record Industry Alt 7" US $6.00 [0 bids]
The Tav & Gabby Show "I Can Help" Sympathy For The Record Industry Alt 7" Single US $6.00 [0 bids]
Trash Can School "Horses" Sympathy For The Record Industry Alt Rock 7" Single US $6.00 [0 bids]
PANIC AT THE DISCO A FEVER YOU CAN'T SWEAT OUT CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $144.45 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Falling Faster Than You Can Run by Nathaniel Rateliff (CD, Nov-2013, Mod Y Vi... US $7.97 Buy It Now 1h 11m
013 GABY & WILTON- ONLY LOVE CAN MAKE YOU HAPPY-BABYLON FALLING- REGGAE 45 7" US $59.00 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Krazy Kirk ?- Can't Trust No Man / Ganja Man ORIG UK 12" NEAR MINT MUSLYM US $16.04 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Led Zeppelin Immigrant Song /Hey, Hey, What Can I Do German 45 W/ Picture Sleeve US $41.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Tommy Wills Born To Lose I Can't Stop Loving You NM/Funky Sax NM R US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
VINTAGE LOU REED "SALLY CAN'T DANCE" 1974 RCA CPL1-0611-A VINYL LP EX / SHRINK US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 12m
REBA McENTIRE 45 RPM 7" VINYL RECORD **WHOEVER'S IN NEW ENGLAND **CAN'T STOP NOW US $1.99 [0 bids]
JOHNNY RIVERS "POOR SIDE OF TOWN/A MAN CAN CRY"45 RECORD US $2.99 [0 bids]
THE 8TH DAY I Gotta Get Home Can't Let My Baby Lonely 1973 LP + CD Vinyl Record US $31.99 [0 bids]
Pure Prairie League Can't Hold Back LP 1979 RCA Records Sealed US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 15m
COMMUNARDS "Never Can Say Goodbye" 45 rpm 7" vinyl record w/ picture sleeve 1988 US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
You Can't Resist by Jessica (CD, Aug-2000, Restless Records (USA)) US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
TERRY CALLIER: I Just Can't Help Myself LP (reissue) Soul US $14.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
DAN HARTMAN "I Can Dream About You" 45 rpm 7" vinyl picture sleeve 1984 US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Can't Fight Fate by Taylor Dayne (CD, Oct-1989, Arista) US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Bill Wimberly You Can't Lean On Me NM/At The Old Town Hall NM 1956 Country 45 US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
ICE CUBE "YOU CAN DO IT" V.RARE 2000 UK CD SINGLE PROMO US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m
How Blue Can You Get [Retro] by B.B. King (CD, Apr-2... US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 19m
GAIL DAVIES 45 RPM 7" VINYL RECORD ** NOTHING CAN HURT ME NOW ** LOVIN' ME TOO * US $1.99 [0 bids]
HURRICANES You Can Run 7" NEW VINYL Black Art Lee Perry Upsetters US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Steely Dan Can't Buy A Thrill LP 1972 ABCX 758 Black Gatefold Vinyl Record US $14.24 Buy It Now 1h 20m

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Can Anthology ratings distribution

CAN Can Anthology reviews

Review by fuxi
5 stars It's testimony to Prog Archives' generous spirit that Can's collected works (and hundreds of other Krautrock artifacts) are included in the site. For this music is as different from the 'Look at me, I'm a virtuoso!' excursions by the likes of Keith Emerson or Chris Squire as it is possible to get. Indeed, it is claimed (in the Rough Guide to Rock, no less!) that in any given Can composition bassist Holger Czukay simply keeps repeating the same two notes over and over again. I haven't checked if this is true, but it certainly seems that way, and yet his bass playing is delightful. In fact, all of the pieces in this collection are immensely lovable.

Let me come clean: this is the only Can album I possess, and I've never heard any other. Still, Prog Archives experts seem to agree that this double CD is a decent representation of the band's career, so I've got no qualms about recommending it to you.

There are two reasons why I've decided to award this album five stars. First of all, I really love this music. It was recommended to me by one of my best friends, it's full of variety, and whenever I put it on, I feel great. Secondly, the more I play this, the more I'm amazed by its historic significance. If Can had been a British or a North American band, you would see their name in poll after poll of the most influential rock bands ever. No doubt about it. Listen to this music, and track after track (most of the material was recorded BEFORE 1975!) will remind you of Bowie's LOW, of the Talking Heads' REMAIN IN LIGHT (minus the hysterical vocals), of New Order, David Sylvian etc. ... all the way up to present-day bands like Gorillaz.

I recently read an article which gave the impression that David Byrne and Peter Gabriel invented so-called World Music, but that's nonsense, because Can were at it at least a full decade earlier, using African rhythms and Middle Eastern harmonies with grace and total ease. (Of course you could maintain that 'World Music' started more than two thousand years ago, when both China and Europe were transformed by string instruments which originated in the Middle East.)

This collection is full of gentle undulating melodies, weird nursery rhymes, irresistible grooves and comic recitations... On the second disc, there's even a brief parody of Japanese noh theatre chanting. Altogether, it's unmistakably a masterpiece.

Send comments to fuxi (BETA) | Report this review (#127523) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 04, 2007

4 stars Well like some of you i'm not really into songs so much as I am into albums. So anthologies or "Best Of" recordings aren't that appealing to me. Heck I have an I-Pod that I got a year and half ago still in it's box. One day i'll get around to that but that's just my mind-set I guess. There are some advantages to owning this two disc anthology because i'm not a completist so most of disc two is new to me. Also the info in the liner notes is so comprehensive, i'm very impressed. All the albums are listed with pictures of the corresponding covers and song titles. Lots of pictures including a priceless one of Damo and Malcom together smiling for the camera. Okay Malcom isn't smiling (haha). There's a little blurb on each album and inside where the song titles are for this two disc affair they even tell us what album each track comes from. Man for someone new to the band this would be all so invaluable.

Disc one is filled with their more well known numbers as we get music from "Monster Movie" straight through to "Soon Over Babaluma" but skipping "Future Days" which appears on disc two. I wouldn't even know where to start or end in picking my favourites from this bunch. Classic stuff.

Disc two begins with a track from "Can Delay" and it's a good one in "Uphill" with Malcom on vocals. "Mother Upduff" is next and I love this one too. This song and the four to follow are from "Unlimited Edition". One song from "Landed" followed by two from "Future Days" in the title track and "Moonshake". We get two tracks from "Flow Motion" , "Saw Delight" and "Rite Time" with the latter one having Malcom back on vocals. One from "Can" and it ends with a song from a soundtrack.

So we get about 2 1/2 hours of CAN music that spans their careers plus lots of good information and pictures. A low 4 stars for me but it's worth the rating.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#803930) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 13, 2012

5 stars CAN's CONDENSED SOUP Anthology is a two-disc collection of Can's groundbreaking music, whose early experimental Rock music in the 1970's was highly influential on many bands that followed. The music is not presented in strict chronological order, but rather split between early-period and latter ... (read more)

Report this review (#218115) | Posted by catfood03 | Sunday, May 24, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Can Anthology"