CAN ANTHOLOGY

Can Can Anthology album cover

Buy CAN Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1994

Disc 1: (75:11)
1. Father Cannot Yell (7:05)
2. Soup (3:03)
3. Mother Sky (6:41)
4. She Brings The Rain (4:07)
5. Mushroom (4:31)
6. One More Night (5:37)
7. Outside My Door (4:11)
8. Spoon (3:09)
9. Halleluwah (5:39)
10. Aumgn (7:18)
11. Dizzy Dizzy (3:30)
12. Yoo Doo Right (20:20)

Disc 2: (74:20)
11. I Want More (3:30)
12. Animal Waves (8:09)
13. Don't Say No (6:35)
14. Aspectacle (3:06)
15. Below This Level (3:13)
16. Hoolah Hoolah (3:31)
17. Last Night Sleep (3:35)

Search CAN Can Anthology lyrics

Search CAN Can Anthology tabs

- Holger Czucay / bass, vocal all titles except Disc 2: 17 and Disc 1: 11, 13
- Micheal Karoli / guitar all titles, violins Disc 1: 11, Disc 2: 7,10,12, vocal Disc 1: 11 Disc 2: 7,10,11,13,15,16,17
- Jaki Liebezeit / drums, vocal all titles Disc 1: 11,13
- Irmin Schmidt / keyboards, vocal all titles, Disc 1: 10, Disc 2: 11,13
- Damo Suzuki / vocal Disc 1: 2,3,5,6,7,9,10, Disc 2: 3,5,6,8,9
- Malcolm Mooney / vocal Disc 1: 1,4,7,12, Disc 2: 1,2,15,16,17
- Rosko Gee / bass, vocal Disc 2: 12,14 Disc 2: 13
- Reebop Kwaku Baah / percussion, vocal Disc 1: 12,13

CD-Spoon records

and to frenchie for the last updates

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Can Anthology Music

Tago MagoTago Mago
Future DaysFuture Days
Remastered
Ege BamyasiEge Bamyasi
O.B. BUCHANA - I CAN'T STOP DRINKIN' - NEW CD US $13.31 Buy It Now 30m 14s
KYLIE MINOGUE_Can't Get You Out Of My Head_used CD single_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $9.32 Buy It Now 31m 19s
I CAN ONLY IMAGINE: ULTIMATE POWER ANTHEMS OF THE CHRISTIAN - NEW CD BOXSET US $17.41 Buy It Now 31m 30s
Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? The Cranberries 1992 CD US $8.30 Buy It Now 32m 48s
STEEL PANTHER ALL YOU CAN EAT CD NEW (UK IMPORT) US $25.99 Buy It Now 33m 9s
Beatles 45 RPM Record-We Can Work It Out US $2.50 [0 bids]
34m 32s
THE BEATLES We Can Work It Out 45/PS DANISH 1st Press Parlophone R 5389 1965 EX US $42.08 Buy It Now 34m 53s
Andy Williams(7" Vinyl)Can't Get Used To Losing You-VG/VG US $4.99 Buy It Now 35m 3s
Elton John(7" Vinyl)Part Time Love / I Can Cry All Night-VG/VG US $4.99 Buy It Now 35m 6s
Peters And Lee(7" Vinyl)Welcome Home / Can't Keep My Mind On The Game-VG/VG US $4.99 Buy It Now 35m 10s
Baccara(7" Vinyl)Yes Sir I Can Boogie / Cara Mia-VG/VG US $4.99 Buy It Now 35m 14s
The Bachelors(7" Vinyl)Oh, Samuel Don't Die / No Arms Can Ever Hold You-VG/VG US $4.99 Buy It Now 35m 21s
Beatles 45 RPM Record-We Can Work It Out US $2.50 [0 bids]
35m 36s
THE MAMAS AND THE PAPAS IF YOU CAN BELIEVE YOUR EYES AND EARS NO BORDER 1ST P LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 36m 29s
MENTAL AS ANYTHING If You Leave Me, Can I Come Too? AUSSIE PUNK 82' A US $9.99 Buy It Now 37m 33s
OFFICIAL LICENSED - TUPAC (2PAC) - ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME POSTER FLAG RAP GANGSTA US $18.51 Buy It Now 38m 2s
VINYL 7" SINGLE - YOU CAN DO MAGIC - LIMMI AND FAMILY COOKIN' - CUT 110 US $11.77 Buy It Now 39m 19s
Walls Can Fall by George Jones (Cassette, Oct-1992, MCA (USA)) US $1.65 Buy It Now 39m 29s
SUZI QUATRO Can the Can UK 7" Vinyl 45 70'S Rock/Pop/Glam classic US $2.10 Buy It Now 42m 15s
EDDY GRANT 7" VINYL P/S CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOU ICE ITALY J/B EX US $10.46 Buy It Now 45m 21s
SECTOR 27 NOT READY / CANīT KEEP AWAY UK PS 7" 1980 PANIC RECORDS US $6.99 Buy It Now 46m 31s
THE TRIFFIDS "SAVE WHAT YOU CAN" RARE 2007 ENHANCED PROMO CD US $8.07 Buy It Now 47m 57s
Stadium Record Corp- Al Vino A boy in Love Can Tell/It Never Rains In Athens US $75.00 Buy It Now 48m 17s
ALIEN SEX FIEND - LIPS CAN'T GO 7" FRENCH ANAGRAM 1983 EX+ US $15.07 Buy It Now 48m 52s
ANITA DOBSON - Anyone Can Fall In Love - Excellent Con 7" Single BBC RESL 191 US $6.70 Buy It Now 48m 55s
Darren Hanlon - Early Days a recording by - CD (can2511 Candle Australia 2000) US $23.29 Buy It Now 51m 32s
MARY ANN FISHER "WILD AS YOU CAN BE"&"ONLY YESTERDAY" FIRE#1010 M- VINYL US $9.99 [1 bids]
52m 30s
STARGARD SENSUOUS WOMAN / HOW COME I CANīT SEE YOU RARE GERMANY PS 7" 1978 US $10.49 Buy It Now 52m 50s
FIVE SMITH BROTHERS 40's Sheet music YOU CAN'T BE TRUE DEAR US $13.47 Buy It Now 53m 34s
CAN-AM REGION 6 SWEET ADELINES CHOIR LP CANADA WINNIPEG US $9.95 Buy It Now 54m 18s
CURE - Why Can't I Be You - Excellent Condition 7" Single Fiction FICS 25 US $8.40 Buy It Now 55m 53s
THE ZUTONS, YOU CAN DO ANYTHING, CD US $6.30 Buy It Now 58m 4s
78 1920s Edwin Dale "Time Ater Time" "You Can Have Every Light on Broadway" US $6.44 Buy It Now 58m 36s
THE HEAVY ~'Can't Play Dead' ~UK PROMO ONLY CD-r ACETATE 2012~NEW US $8.40 Buy It Now 58m 38s
7" RAGTIME WRANGLERS "LOW MAN ON A TOTEM POLE/I CAN'T STAND IT" LIMITED ED US $9.50 Buy It Now 58m 54s
RASPBERRIES - Let's Pretend / Every Way I Can - 45 RPM US $1.25 [1 bids]
59m 41s
KIMBERLEY DAHME - CAN'T A GIRL CHANGE HER MIND * - NEW CD US $16.40 Buy It Now 1h
Tammy Wynette 'Til I Can Make It On My Own 1976 Epic KE 34075 33 1/3 RPM US $8.25 Buy It Now 1h
MOCK TURTLES can you dig it 12" 3 track featuring steve proctor remix and lose y US $9.58 Buy It Now 1h 2m
PAUL JACKSON time will ease 12" b/w can't stand losing you (or1224) pic sleeve u US $8.40 Buy It Now 1h 2m
POP WILL EAT ITSELF Can U Dig It 12" single US $6.74 Buy It Now 1h 3m
L@@K BO DIDDLEY YOU CAN'T JUDGE A BOOK BY THE COVER / I CAN TELL PYE INT VG+ US $17.66 [7 bids]
Thomas & Taylor You Can't Blame Love (12") US $2.61 Buy It Now 1h 7m
ELVIS PRESLEY - IF I CAN DREAM 1969 VINYL EX/CON US $1.75 [2 bids]
I Can See (Patrick Mulhern) - CD US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Solomon King : We Can Make It : Decca Mint US $6.70 Buy It Now 1h 16m
GRAYSON HUGH_I can't Untie You From Me_used CD-s_ships from AUSTRALIA_cm1 US $9.32 Buy It Now 1h 16m
B. J. THOMAS - I Just Can't Help Myself / Send My Picture To Scranton - 45 RPM US $1.25 [0 bids]
As Far as I Can See by Michael Monroe (CD, Oct-1999, Orchard (Distributor)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
JE MARC - I Can't Wait - 12" US $8.40 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Wild river apples-I can't wait for heaven-1991 7" single US $6.72 Buy It Now 1h 21m
BEATLES Day Tripper/We Can Work It Out, 45 RPM, Parlophone, R5389, Excellent, US $7.49 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Seasick Steve - You Canīt Teach An Old Dog New Tricks NEW CD US $16.06 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Marillion-no one can.12"p.disc US $10.10 Buy It Now 1h 22m
JERRY BUTLER You Can Run But You Can't Hide NORTHERN SOUL 45 (STARDUST) 7" R US $11.43 Buy It Now 1h 22m
YOU CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS 40's sheet music GEORGE OLSEN US $16.84 Buy It Now 1h 23m
BLUE RIDGE QUARTET SONGS WE CAN'T STOP SINGING RECORD US $11.95 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Bennett,Tony - Who Can I Iturn To [CD New] US $6.62 Buy It Now 1h 24m
TONY HESTER Just Can't Leave You / FREDDY BUTLER .. NEW NORTHERN SOUL 45 (KENT) US $16.82 Buy It Now 1h 24m
AUDIENCE You Can't Beat 'Em LP Charisma label Lovely copy ! US $15.16 [2 bids]
Bucks Fizz - If you can't stand the heat UK 7" PICTURE DISC US $8.40 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Cashmere - Can I (1996) - New - Compact Disc US $12.73 Buy It Now 1h 25m
High Places Can`T Feel Born LP NEW US $17.34 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Hooked On - Can't Stop The Classics [CD New] US $8.43 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Ray Charles 45 RPM Record-I Can't Stop Loving You US $1.00 [0 bids]
Eric Clapton 45 RPM Record-I Can't Stand It US $1.00 [0 bids]
Eric Clapton 45 RPM Record-I Can't Stand It US $1.00 [0 bids]
Stanley,Ralph & Clinch Mountain - Can't You Hear The Mountains Calling [CD New] US $14.30 Buy It Now 1h 26m
LED ZEPPELIN - Immigrant Song & Hey Hey What Can I Do - Japan Re-issue 45 Single US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Timothy Leary - You Can By Anyone This Ti (1992) - Used - Compact Disc US $7.74 Buy It Now 1h 26m
The Clusters Darling Can't You Tell / Pardon My Heart 7" 45 RPM Original US US $29.95 Buy It Now 1h 27m
VIVA VOCE - LOVERS LEAD WAY / HEAT CAN MELT YOUR BRAIN NEW CD US $23.06 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Captain & Tennille 45 RPM Record-Can't Stop Dancin' US $1.00 [0 bids]
THE TROGGS-I Can't Control Myself/Gonna Make You UK 7" VG Cond US $8.40 Buy It Now 1h 28m
FUNKY GREEN DOGS - Can't Help It - CD US $8.40 Buy It Now 1h 29m
DOTTIE PEOPLES [GOD CAN AND GOD WILL] CD US $9.95 Buy It Now 1h 30m
We Can't Dance by Genesis (CD) HARD ROCK PROGRESSIVE ROCK HEAVY READ NOTES!! US $0.99 [0 bids]
SAVANNA - I CAN'T TURN AWAY - 7" VINYL 1981 R&B RECORDS US $8.07 Buy It Now 1h 37m
CONWAY & TEMPLE - YOU CAN LAY YOUR HEAD ON MY SHOULDER - 7" VINYL 1982 JIVE US $15.14 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Jimmy Nail: Ain't No Doubt / What Can I Say 7" 45 NM UK US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Elisabeth Withers - It Can Happen To Anyone (2007) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 1h 38m
RAY CHARLES~"I CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU / BORN TO LOSE~"FREE S/H"~ 45!!! US $24.00 Buy It Now 1h 40m
ORIGINAL CAST RECORDING On A Clear Day You Can See Forever 1965 Vinyl LP Record US $18.93 Buy It Now 1h 41m
DEEJAY TON TB - I Can Feel - 12" US $16.15 Buy It Now 1h 42m
INNASTATE - U Can't Hide Your Love - 12" US $8.40 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Christina Aguilera - Can't Hold Us Down - 3 Track CD Single [82876556332] (2003) US $7.41 Buy It Now 1h 44m
TEJADA, John - We Can Pretend - 12" US $19.52 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Gunhill Road We Can't Ride The Roller Coaster Any More / Back When Hair Short US $0.79 [0 bids]
Antiseen 7" Fornication I Can't Control Myself Signed Scum Punk Hank III KBD US $8.99 [1 bids]
Toy Caldwell from the Marshall Tucker Band - Can't You See - CD US $24.95 [0 bids]
The Jesus and Mary Chain-Honeyīs Dead 1992 Gothic Rock Dead Can Dance style US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 49m
INFADELS 2 x 7" LOVE LIKE SEMTEX .CAN'T GET ENOUGH NM US $10.09 Buy It Now 1h 49m
SAINT ETIENNE ANGEL / NOTHING CAN STOP US RARE 12" PROMO EXC US $15.14 Buy It Now 1h 49m
SCREAMIN JIMMY CHURCHWELL Can I Have Me Some You NORTHERN BLUES SOUL R US $25.50 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Twisted Sister single - You Can't Stop Rock'n'roll / We're Not Gonna Take It US $5.58 Buy It Now 1h 51m
GLENN FREY - I Found Somebody / She Can't Let Go - 45 RPM US $1.50 [0 bids]
U2-All That You Can't Leave Behind CD Extra tracks, Import Good US $5.09 Buy It Now 1h 53m
KAVANA - I Can Make You Feel Good (UK 4 Tk CD Single Pt 2) US $5.88 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Stephen Stills The Rides Can't Get Enough 2013 UK Promo 10 Track CD US $8.40 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Johnnie Can't Dance by Wayne Toups (CD, Sep-1990, Mercury) US $13.95 Buy It Now 1h 56m

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Can Anthology ratings distribution

CAN Can Anthology reviews

Review by fuxi
5 stars It's testimony to Prog Archives' generous spirit that Can's collected works (and hundreds of other Krautrock artifacts) are included in the site. For this music is as different from the 'Look at me, I'm a virtuoso!' excursions by the likes of Keith Emerson or Chris Squire as it is possible to get. Indeed, it is claimed (in the Rough Guide to Rock, no less!) that in any given Can composition bassist Holger Czukay simply keeps repeating the same two notes over and over again. I haven't checked if this is true, but it certainly seems that way, and yet his bass playing is delightful. In fact, all of the pieces in this collection are immensely lovable.

Let me come clean: this is the only Can album I possess, and I've never heard any other. Still, Prog Archives experts seem to agree that this double CD is a decent representation of the band's career, so I've got no qualms about recommending it to you.

There are two reasons why I've decided to award this album five stars. First of all, I really love this music. It was recommended to me by one of my best friends, it's full of variety, and whenever I put it on, I feel great. Secondly, the more I play this, the more I'm amazed by its historic significance. If Can had been a British or a North American band, you would see their name in poll after poll of the most influential rock bands ever. No doubt about it. Listen to this music, and track after track (most of the material was recorded BEFORE 1975!) will remind you of Bowie's LOW, of the Talking Heads' REMAIN IN LIGHT (minus the hysterical vocals), of New Order, David Sylvian etc. ... all the way up to present-day bands like Gorillaz.

I recently read an article which gave the impression that David Byrne and Peter Gabriel invented so-called World Music, but that's nonsense, because Can were at it at least a full decade earlier, using African rhythms and Middle Eastern harmonies with grace and total ease. (Of course you could maintain that 'World Music' started more than two thousand years ago, when both China and Europe were transformed by string instruments which originated in the Middle East.)

This collection is full of gentle undulating melodies, weird nursery rhymes, irresistible grooves and comic recitations... On the second disc, there's even a brief parody of Japanese noh theatre chanting. Altogether, it's unmistakably a masterpiece.

Send comments to fuxi (BETA) | Report this review (#127523) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 04, 2007

4 stars Well like some of you i'm not really into songs so much as I am into albums. So anthologies or "Best Of" recordings aren't that appealing to me. Heck I have an I-Pod that I got a year and half ago still in it's box. One day i'll get around to that but that's just my mind-set I guess. There are some advantages to owning this two disc anthology because i'm not a completist so most of disc two is new to me. Also the info in the liner notes is so comprehensive, i'm very impressed. All the albums are listed with pictures of the corresponding covers and song titles. Lots of pictures including a priceless one of Damo and Malcom together smiling for the camera. Okay Malcom isn't smiling (haha). There's a little blurb on each album and inside where the song titles are for this two disc affair they even tell us what album each track comes from. Man for someone new to the band this would be all so invaluable.

Disc one is filled with their more well known numbers as we get music from "Monster Movie" straight through to "Soon Over Babaluma" but skipping "Future Days" which appears on disc two. I wouldn't even know where to start or end in picking my favourites from this bunch. Classic stuff.

Disc two begins with a track from "Can Delay" and it's a good one in "Uphill" with Malcom on vocals. "Mother Upduff" is next and I love this one too. This song and the four to follow are from "Unlimited Edition". One song from "Landed" followed by two from "Future Days" in the title track and "Moonshake". We get two tracks from "Flow Motion" , "Saw Delight" and "Rite Time" with the latter one having Malcom back on vocals. One from "Can" and it ends with a song from a soundtrack.

So we get about 2 1/2 hours of CAN music that spans their careers plus lots of good information and pictures. A low 4 stars for me but it's worth the rating.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#803930) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 13, 2012

5 stars CAN's CONDENSED SOUP Anthology is a two-disc collection of Can's groundbreaking music, whose early experimental Rock music in the 1970's was highly influential on many bands that followed. The music is not presented in strict chronological order, but rather split between early-period and latter ... (read more)

Report this review (#218115) | Posted by catfood03 | Sunday, May 24, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Can Anthology"