CAN ANTHOLOGY

Can Can Anthology album cover

Buy CAN Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1994

Disc 1: (75:11)
1. Father Cannot Yell (7:05)
2. Soup (3:03)
3. Mother Sky (6:41)
4. She Brings The Rain (4:07)
5. Mushroom (4:31)
6. One More Night (5:37)
7. Outside My Door (4:11)
8. Spoon (3:09)
9. Halleluwah (5:39)
10. Aumgn (7:18)
11. Dizzy Dizzy (3:30)
12. Yoo Doo Right (20:20)

Disc 2: (74:20)
11. I Want More (3:30)
12. Animal Waves (8:09)
13. Don't Say No (6:35)
14. Aspectacle (3:06)
15. Below This Level (3:13)
16. Hoolah Hoolah (3:31)
17. Last Night Sleep (3:35)

Search CAN Can Anthology lyrics

Search CAN Can Anthology tabs

- Holger Czucay / bass, vocal all titles except Disc 2: 17 and Disc 1: 11, 13
- Micheal Karoli / guitar all titles, violins Disc 1: 11, Disc 2: 7,10,12, vocal Disc 1: 11 Disc 2: 7,10,11,13,15,16,17
- Jaki Liebezeit / drums, vocal all titles Disc 1: 11,13
- Irmin Schmidt / keyboards, vocal all titles, Disc 1: 10, Disc 2: 11,13
- Damo Suzuki / vocal Disc 1: 2,3,5,6,7,9,10, Disc 2: 3,5,6,8,9
- Malcolm Mooney / vocal Disc 1: 1,4,7,12, Disc 2: 1,2,15,16,17
- Rosko Gee / bass, vocal Disc 2: 12,14 Disc 2: 13
- Reebop Kwaku Baah / percussion, vocal Disc 1: 12,13

CD-Spoon records

and to frenchie for the last updates

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Can Anthology Music

Tago MagoTago Mago
Mute U.S. 2008
Ege BamyasiEge Bamyasi
Mute U.S. 2008
BOYSTOWN GANG - CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU ERC 101 7" VINYL RECORD VG 29 US $4.74 Buy It Now 32m 48s
Firesign Theatre How Can You Be In Two Places? MFSL Original Master Recording CD US $4.99 [1 bids]
32m 54s
Contract RCA Rockaway pressing / The Beatles / Can't Buy Me Love US Capitol 45 US $35.00 Buy It Now 33m 15s
FRANK ZAPPA / YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON STAGE ANYMORE VOL. 4 ~ RYKODISC 1991 2 CD Set US $16.99 [0 bids]
34m 11s
DAVE CLARK FIVE Catch Us If You Can Shes FLEXI DISC polish folklore band SLASK US $10.99 Buy It Now 36m 44s
Capital Tax I Can't Believe It Hip Hop Cassette Tape Single US $7.95 Buy It Now 43m 17s
Walls Can Fall by George Jones (CD, Oct-1992, MCA (USA)) US $1.99 [0 bids]
43m 29s
JEFFERSON STARSHIP * 45 * Can't Find Love * 1982 * USA MINT UNPLAYED * DJ PROMO US $4.00 Buy It Now 51m 17s
It Can Happen to Anyone by Elisabeth Withers Japan(Promo)CD+1 bonus W/OBI New US $7.99 Buy It Now 54m 15s
Can't Do Right For Doing Wrong, Erin Rocha, Good Single US $4.62 Buy It Now 1h
Sounds That Can't Be Made - Marillion US $10.92 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Miley Cyrus - Can't Be Tamed - UK CD album 2010 US $6.77 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Bobby Marchan ~45~ I Can't Stop Loving You ~Ace 532 ~M- US $24.95 Buy It Now 1h 16m
33 RPM RECORD/5) LYNN ANDERSON/ ROSE GARDEN/HOW CAN I U US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Phyllis Hyman LP Can't We Fall in Love Again US $5.49 Buy It Now 1h 18m
CAN'T WE TALK IT OVER? - Margot Grahame - ILLEGAL - Film sheet music US $23.76 Buy It Now 1h 20m
TIN CAN RADIO CD EP US $7.35 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Chris Difford - Cashmere If You Can CD US $18.04 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Death Cab For Cutie - You Can Play These Songs With Chords CD US $15.89 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Gary Numan(7" Vinyl)I Can't Stop-Numa/PRT-NU 17-UK-VG/Ex US $5.07 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Gerald Alston(7" Vinyl)Nothing Can Change-Motown-ZB44945-UK-VG+/VG US $8.47 Buy It Now 1h 31m
M People(7" Vinyl)How Can I Love You More?-Deconstruction-PB44855-UK-VG/Ex US $6.77 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Shalamar(7" Vinyl)I Can Make You Feel Good-Solar-K12599-UK-VG/VG US $5.07 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Can You Stand The Heat, Ana Popovic, Good US $12.49 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Folly & The Hunter - Tragic Care (Vinyl) Import-CAN Vinyl Record LP US $25.77 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Kaz James Feat Macy Gray Can't Hold Back Australian CD Single US $9.60 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Vintage VINYL Record 45RPM SINGLE 12" - DAVE AUDE I Can't Wait US $15.21 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Arabesque / MAKE LOVE WHENEVER YOU CAN JAPAN 7"single VIPX-1539 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 44m
BAD MANNERS 7" vinyl record CAN CAN / ARMCHAIR DISCO US $5.18 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Portrait - I Can Call You (CD) 4 Tracks - Mint/New - Fast Postage US $8.47 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Shalamar - "Disappearing Act" 7" (1983) / "You Can Count On Me" / E 9807 US $1.68 Buy It Now 1h 52m
New Wave Hits Of The 80's Vol. 2 Just Can't Get Enough CD Joy Division Split Enz US $19.75 Buy It Now 2h 2m
All You Can Eat by Steel Panther (Audio CD) US $16.06 Buy It Now 2h 4m
New Wave Hits Of The 80's Vol. 10 Just Can't Get Enough CD Taco Adam Ant Call US $19.25 Buy It Now 2h 5m
IT CAN'T BE WRONG Sheet music BETTE DAVIS,PAUL HENREID US $20.37 Buy It Now 2h 6m
New Wave Hits Of The 80's Vol. 13 Just Can't Get Enough CD Wang Chung US $12.75 Buy It Now 2h 8m
You Can't Stop the Bum Rush by Len (CD, May-1999, Work Group) US $3.99 [0 bids]
New Wave Hits Of The 80's Vol. 14 Just Can't Get Enough CD Art Of Noise Truth US $19.75 Buy It Now 2h 11m
EDDY GRANT, TILL I CAN'T TAKE LOVE NO MORE, 7" SINGLE. P/S US $2.97 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Ash - You can't have it all UK GATEFOLD 7" US $6.77 Buy It Now 2h 13m
Ash - You can't have it all UK RED 7" & POSTER US $6.77 Buy It Now 2h 14m
P.J. Proby Promo You Can't Come Home Again Aussie Liberty 7" Vinyl Record US $4.70 [0 bids]
KATY ROSE - Because I Can - CD EC A1-02 US $1.99 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Vitamin Z Can't Live Without You (PS) 7" Single US $9.74 Buy It Now 2h 29m
Jimmy Helms When Can Brown Begin 7" Single US $9.32 Buy It Now 2h 29m
The Real Thing Can You Feel The Force(PS) 7" Vinyl Sing US $8.06 Buy It Now 2h 29m
Johnny Nash I Can See Clearly Now (PS) 7" Single US $9.32 Buy It Now 2h 29m
LITTLE RICHARD - Keep A Knockin / Can't Believe You Wanna Leave 45-HL-0 8509 EX US $33.95 Buy It Now 2h 29m
CREATION "Nothing Can Stop Us Now - Mono/stereo versions" Atco Promo 45 US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 30m
CHUCK TOCCO - I Know That You Can Hear Me - Christian Music CCM Pop Worship CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 34m
STILL SEALED! BLACK GOSPEL SHIRLEY CAESAR I CAN TELL IT TO THE LORD LP US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 35m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - I CAN'T STOP - GARY NUMAN - NU17 US $11.86 Buy It Now 2h 36m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - I CAN'T STOP - THE OSMONDS - MCA129 US $11.86 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Satellite Kidz(12"Vinyl)Funky Nuts / Can U Feel It-TIDY US $13.56 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Devon Irie ?- Can't Tired Fe See You ORIG JA 7" EX Mountain top US $6.77 Buy It Now 2h 39m
Dovells - YOU CAN'T SIT DOWN / WILDWOOD DAYS - Parkway P-867 - 1963 45 US $12.50 Buy It Now 2h 41m
THE POOKAH MAKES 3 I Can Do Anything/Take It Back 45RPM Single OZ Virgin VG++ US $3.77 Buy It Now 2h 41m
ANDY WILLIAMS "CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU" UK HALLMARK 12 TRACK TAPE ex US $2.00 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Anita Dobson Anyone Can Fall In Love (PS) 7" Single US $8.89 Buy It Now 2h 42m
KYLIE , CAN,T GET YOU OUT OF MY HEAD,CD/SINGLE,CD 1 US $4.62 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Dobie Gray-You Can Do It (Full Length Disco Mix) 12" UK P/S 1978 US $6.77 Buy It Now 2h 42m
ARCHIE SHEPP - Pitchin Can Rare French LP Free Jazz 1970 US $30.00 [0 bids]
PAULINI, WE CAN TRY, CD/SINGLE US $7.54 Buy It Now 2h 44m
*Movies Holger Czyrkay CAN FAUST German VINYL LP EX/NMint Beauty!! US $27.16 Buy It Now 2h 44m
NEW - I Can Live for Ever by Monroe, James US $3.74 Buy It Now 2h 44m
KEN COLYER SKIFFLE GROUP 78 I CAN'T SLEEP / THE GREY GOOSE UK DECCA FJ 10889 E+ US $20.37 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Take That - Why Can't I Wake Up with You (CDs) 4 Tracks - Mint/New - Rare US $10.17 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Can't Get Used To Losing You US $4.18 Buy It Now 2h 46m
You Can't Handle The Tooth 19 Track Tooth & Nail Compilation CD (New) US $12.24 Buy It Now 2h 48m
Tina Arena Now I Can Dance Rare Australian Remixes / Remix Maxi CD US $12.81 Buy It Now 2h 49m
R.E.O. SPEEDWAGON YOU CAN TUNE A PIANO, BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FISH LP US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 50m
BROTHER BEYOND "CAN YOU KEEP A SECRET?" RARE CD SINGLE (PWL) US $14.24 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Mel Torme The Fabulous EP I Can't Give You Anything But Love/Santa Lucia/I Sur US $22.01 Buy It Now 2h 57m
LOU REED sally can't dance Japan mini lp CD +2 SEALED US $16.99 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Hammond,Beres - Can't Stop A Man [CD New] US $17.74 Buy It Now 3h
Van Der Graaf Generator - Least We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other [CD New] US $10.19 Buy It Now 3h
The Trilobites - I can't wait for summer to end EP Vinyl US $9.42 [0 bids]
SKUNK ANANSIE I Can Dream UK 10" single PS 1995 vg/vg promo copy US $11.86 Buy It Now 3h 8m
The HOLLIES - 70's Sheet Music - I CAN'T TELL THE BOTTOM FROM THE TOP US $23.76 Buy It Now 3h 11m
Celldweller - I Can't Wait Remixes [CD New] US $10.72 Buy It Now 3h 11m
HELLOWEEN / I can / JAPAN LTD CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 12m
PETE SEEGER I Can See A New Day (In Concert) 1964 USA Columbia 360 Stereo LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 12m
BACCARA yes sir i can boogie JAPAN 7" SS-3100 kR4 US $6.29 Buy It Now 3h 12m
Marohnic/Stowell - White Men Can't Monk [CD New] US $13.64 Buy It Now 3h 12m
CAN'T HELP LOVIN' DAT MAN -50'S sheet music-BOTH ENDS OF THE CANDLE,ANN BLYTH US $16.97 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Three Degrees 45 "Dirty Ol Man / Can't You See What.... US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 15m
7"-Single THE ANIMALS - Boom Boom / The Girl Can't Help It (1964) GERMANY PS US $79.99 Buy It Now 3h 15m
NURSE WITH WOUND - WHO CAN I TURN TO STEREO [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD BOXSET US $16.25 Buy It Now 3h 15m
STRAWBERRY SWITCHBLADE Japan 7"/45, I CAN FEEL US $15.99 Buy It Now 3h 16m
GAITE' PARISIENNE Authentic Can-Can Music Rias Symphony Orchestra LP US $1.99 [0 bids]
SOUTH FILTHY - YOU CAN NAME IT YO' MAMMY IF YOU WANNA.... - NEW CD US $7.58 Buy It Now 3h 18m
The Hillbenders Can You Hear Me? CD Bluegrass Country Music Album Brand New US $23.75 Buy It Now 3h 20m
I Can't Stand These Lonely Nights US $11.46 Buy It Now 3h 21m
1975 synth prog LP-vangelis- can you hear the dogs barking-greek bellaphon-mint US $49.99 Buy It Now 3h 22m
DJ FIXX "HYPER / CAN'T GET ENUFF" 2003 RARE! 12" US $18.00 Buy It Now 3h 22m
BAD MANNERS - CAN CAN [SNAPPER] - NEW CD US $9.74 Buy It Now 3h 23m
ROYAL HOUSE - CAN YOU PARTY? [BONUS CD] - NEW CD BOXSET US $14.05 Buy It Now 3h 27m
THE STRYPES YOU CAN'T JUDGE A BOOK BY THE COVER 7 Inch Vinyl MAXI SINGLE NEW US $18.65 Buy It Now 3h 28m
THE COMMUNARDS ~ Never Can Say Goodbye ~ 12" Single PS US $15.26 Buy It Now 3h 29m
7" TV SLIM " CAN'T BE SATISFIED / GRAVY AROUND YOUR STEAK " US $11.00 Buy It Now 3h 30m

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Can Anthology ratings distribution

CAN Can Anthology reviews

Review by fuxi
5 stars It's testimony to Prog Archives' generous spirit that Can's collected works (and hundreds of other Krautrock artifacts) are included in the site. For this music is as different from the 'Look at me, I'm a virtuoso!' excursions by the likes of Keith Emerson or Chris Squire as it is possible to get. Indeed, it is claimed (in the Rough Guide to Rock, no less!) that in any given Can composition bassist Holger Czukay simply keeps repeating the same two notes over and over again. I haven't checked if this is true, but it certainly seems that way, and yet his bass playing is delightful. In fact, all of the pieces in this collection are immensely lovable.

Let me come clean: this is the only Can album I possess, and I've never heard any other. Still, Prog Archives experts seem to agree that this double CD is a decent representation of the band's career, so I've got no qualms about recommending it to you.

There are two reasons why I've decided to award this album five stars. First of all, I really love this music. It was recommended to me by one of my best friends, it's full of variety, and whenever I put it on, I feel great. Secondly, the more I play this, the more I'm amazed by its historic significance. If Can had been a British or a North American band, you would see their name in poll after poll of the most influential rock bands ever. No doubt about it. Listen to this music, and track after track (most of the material was recorded BEFORE 1975!) will remind you of Bowie's LOW, of the Talking Heads' REMAIN IN LIGHT (minus the hysterical vocals), of New Order, David Sylvian etc. ... all the way up to present-day bands like Gorillaz.

I recently read an article which gave the impression that David Byrne and Peter Gabriel invented so-called World Music, but that's nonsense, because Can were at it at least a full decade earlier, using African rhythms and Middle Eastern harmonies with grace and total ease. (Of course you could maintain that 'World Music' started more than two thousand years ago, when both China and Europe were transformed by string instruments which originated in the Middle East.)

This collection is full of gentle undulating melodies, weird nursery rhymes, irresistible grooves and comic recitations... On the second disc, there's even a brief parody of Japanese noh theatre chanting. Altogether, it's unmistakably a masterpiece.

Send comments to fuxi (BETA) | Report this review (#127523) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 04, 2007

4 stars Well like some of you i'm not really into songs so much as I am into albums. So anthologies or "Best Of" recordings aren't that appealing to me. Heck I have an I-Pod that I got a year and half ago still in it's box. One day i'll get around to that but that's just my mind-set I guess. There are some advantages to owning this two disc anthology because i'm not a completist so most of disc two is new to me. Also the info in the liner notes is so comprehensive, i'm very impressed. All the albums are listed with pictures of the corresponding covers and song titles. Lots of pictures including a priceless one of Damo and Malcom together smiling for the camera. Okay Malcom isn't smiling (haha). There's a little blurb on each album and inside where the song titles are for this two disc affair they even tell us what album each track comes from. Man for someone new to the band this would be all so invaluable.

Disc one is filled with their more well known numbers as we get music from "Monster Movie" straight through to "Soon Over Babaluma" but skipping "Future Days" which appears on disc two. I wouldn't even know where to start or end in picking my favourites from this bunch. Classic stuff.

Disc two begins with a track from "Can Delay" and it's a good one in "Uphill" with Malcom on vocals. "Mother Upduff" is next and I love this one too. This song and the four to follow are from "Unlimited Edition". One song from "Landed" followed by two from "Future Days" in the title track and "Moonshake". We get two tracks from "Flow Motion" , "Saw Delight" and "Rite Time" with the latter one having Malcom back on vocals. One from "Can" and it ends with a song from a soundtrack.

So we get about 2 1/2 hours of CAN music that spans their careers plus lots of good information and pictures. A low 4 stars for me but it's worth the rating.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#803930) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 13, 2012

5 stars CAN's CONDENSED SOUP Anthology is a two-disc collection of Can's groundbreaking music, whose early experimental Rock music in the 1970's was highly influential on many bands that followed. The music is not presented in strict chronological order, but rather split between early-period and latter ... (read more)

Report this review (#218115) | Posted by catfood03 | Sunday, May 24, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Can Anthology"