CAN ANTHOLOGY

Can Can Anthology album cover

Buy CAN Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1994

Disc 1: (75:11)
1. Father Cannot Yell (7:05)
2. Soup (3:03)
3. Mother Sky (6:41)
4. She Brings The Rain (4:07)
5. Mushroom (4:31)
6. One More Night (5:37)
7. Outside My Door (4:11)
8. Spoon (3:09)
9. Halleluwah (5:39)
10. Aumgn (7:18)
11. Dizzy Dizzy (3:30)
12. Yoo Doo Right (20:20)

Disc 2: (74:20)
11. I Want More (3:30)
12. Animal Waves (8:09)
13. Don't Say No (6:35)
14. Aspectacle (3:06)
15. Below This Level (3:13)
16. Hoolah Hoolah (3:31)
17. Last Night Sleep (3:35)

Search CAN Can Anthology lyrics

Search CAN Can Anthology tabs

- Holger Czucay / bass, vocal all titles except Disc 2: 17 and Disc 1: 11, 13
- Micheal Karoli / guitar all titles, violins Disc 1: 11, Disc 2: 7,10,12, vocal Disc 1: 11 Disc 2: 7,10,11,13,15,16,17
- Jaki Liebezeit / drums, vocal all titles Disc 1: 11,13
- Irmin Schmidt / keyboards, vocal all titles, Disc 1: 10, Disc 2: 11,13
- Damo Suzuki / vocal Disc 1: 2,3,5,6,7,9,10, Disc 2: 3,5,6,8,9
- Malcolm Mooney / vocal Disc 1: 1,4,7,12, Disc 2: 1,2,15,16,17
- Rosko Gee / bass, vocal Disc 2: 12,14 Disc 2: 13
- Reebop Kwaku Baah / percussion, vocal Disc 1: 12,13

CD-Spoon records

and to frenchie for the last updates

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Can Anthology Music

Mute 2014
Vinyl$17.48
BOB DYLAN - CAN YOU PLEASE CRAWL OUT YOUR WINDOW? VG US $4.39 [2 bids]
30m 28s
CHARLIE MURPHY CAN YOU FEEL THE BEAT ON FIRE vinyl 12' US $5.00 Buy It Now 30m 47s
CD DJ SHADOW - SELECTONS YOU CAN'T GO HOME AGAIN / RARE UK x5 TRACK UK PROMO US $1.75 [0 bids]
31m 44s
AFRO RICAN LET IT GO I CAN DO THAT EXCELLENT VINYL 12'' US $5.00 Buy It Now 32m 13s
THE UTAH SAINTS WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR ME PROMO COPY VINYL 12'' US $5.00 Buy It Now 32m 13s
78 RPM General record Minnie Loves Lavender Can't Sleep With Woman Old Roosters US $6.50 [0 bids]
32m 28s
EUROGLIDERS - CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU/I LIKE TO HEAR IT - 7" 45 RPM USA US $8.99 Buy It Now 32m 32s
TEXAS Can't Resist 2005 UK 1-track promo CD US $6.42 Buy It Now 32m 40s
TAMMY WYNETTE ?We Sure Can Love Each Other LP WITH PROMO COVER EPIC E 30658 US $12.74 Buy It Now 33m 4s
JOHNNY THUNDERS YOU CAN'T PUT YOUR ARM AROUND A MEMORY 12" BLUE VINYL UK LIMITED US $25.49 Buy It Now 33m 5s
AFRO RICAN LET IT GO I CAN DO THAT VINYL 12'' US $3.00 Buy It Now 34m 22s
Peter Frampton You Can Be Sure Promo CD Single Baby I Love Your Way Acoustic US $3.99 Buy It Now 35m 14s
1964 The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That (Parlophone) (R 5114) US $11.24 [0 bids]
35m 43s
HILLTOP PLAYERS POP AND SHAKE / DEVASTATOR X YOU CAN'T COME IN vinyl 12' US $5.00 Buy It Now 36m 41s
1988 - WAS (NOT WAS) - Anything Can Happen - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $14.46 Buy It Now 37m 26s
MY NAME IS 151 PROOF BUY MY RECORD SO I CAN BUY BEER SEALED VINYL 12'' US $6.00 Buy It Now 37m 57s
JAMIE FOXX CAN I TAKE YOU HOME VINYL 12'' US $5.00 Buy It Now 37m 57s
DEANNA DURBIN CAN'T HELP SINGING LP ALBUM B1 US $6.82 Buy It Now 39m 16s
THE TRUTH YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH DISSING ICE CUBE AND OTHERS SEALED US $5.00 Buy It Now 39m 37s
CHARLES DOCKINS PRESENTS JAMES HOWARD WE CAN DO IT (WAKE UP) VINYL 12'' US $5.00 Buy It Now 39m 37s
CAPITAL TAX I CAN'T BELIEVE IT VINYL 12'' US $1.00 Buy It Now 39m 37s
AFRO RICAN I CAN DO THAT vinyl 12'' US $2.00 Buy It Now 39m 37s
MODERN TALKING YOU CAN WIN IF YOU WANT GERMAN IMPORT VINYL 12'' US $15.00 Buy It Now 39m 37s
CELENA DUNCAN FASTER THAN THE EYE CAN SEE UK IMPORT VINYL 12'' US $10.00 Buy It Now 39m 37s
ROCK FORCE I CAN'T HIDE JOEY BOY RECORDS VINYL 12'' US $5.00 Buy It Now 41m 16s
ROY AYERS GET ON UP, GET ON DOWN, CAN'T YOU SEE ME? WLP VINYL 12'' US $5.00 Buy It Now 41m 17s
SYLVESTER CAN'T STOP DANCING IN MY FANTASY PROMO ~ VINYL 12'' US $1.00 Buy It Now 41m 17s
REALITY SOULJAHS - My Eyes Can See - 7" US $13.25 Buy It Now 41m 41s
Gabrielle Dreams Can Come True Greatest Hits Vol 1 CD album US $1.59 [0 bids]
42m 32s
SPEARHEAD YOU CAN'T SING R SONG VINYL 12'' US $5.00 Buy It Now 42m 41s
ECHO I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOUR LOVE VINYL 12'' US $15.00 Buy It Now 42m 41s
Babyface When Can I See You (LP Version) / R&B Mix 7" 45 rpm Epic 34-77608 NM US $4.35 Buy It Now 43m 13s
Elvis Presley - I Can Help 10" picture disc US $8.02 [0 bids]
43m 17s
The McCoys Hang On Sloopy VG++/I Can't Explain It VG++ 1965 Pop Rock 45 US $3.99 Buy It Now 43m 42s
Steely Dan - Can't Buy A Thrill [Remastered] (CD 2000) US $7.96 Buy It Now 45m 2s
EDWARD R MURROW I CAN HEAR IT NOW VOLUME 2 vinyl lp US $5.00 Buy It Now 45m 32s
Dead Can Dance - Aion - US CD Album US $19.99 Buy It Now 46m 21s
Dead Can Dance - Self Titled - US CD Album US $19.99 Buy It Now 46m 24s
Dead Can Dance Aion Cd US $19.99 Buy It Now 46m 26s
Dead Can Dance Into The Labyrinth Cd US $9.99 Buy It Now 46m 27s
SWEATSHOP - Can We Get Hooked Up? - 180 gram vinyl 2xLP US $32.95 Buy It Now 46m 28s
MELI'SA MORGAN CAN YOU GIVE ME WHAT I WANT GREEDY SEALED VINYL 12'' US $5.00 Buy It Now 46m 44s
KOOL SKOOL YOU CAN'T BUY MY LOVE VINYL 12'' US $2.00 Buy It Now 46m 44s
EDWARD R MURROW I CAN HEAR IT NOW VOLUME 1 vinyl lp US $5.00 Buy It Now 46m 44s
FAT BOYS CAN YOU FEEL IT VINYL 12'' US $5.00 Buy It Now 46m 45s
Michael Jackson I Just Can't Stop Loving Cd Single Limited Individually Numbered US $10.68 Buy It Now 47m 14s
SUZY Q CAN'T LIVE EXTENDED MIX BELGIUM IMPORT VINYL 12'' US $7.00 Buy It Now 47m 51s
SPYDER D FEATURING DJ DOC I CAN'T WAIT (TO ROCK THE MIC) VINYL 12'' US $5.00 Buy It Now 47m 51s
STEVE WINWOOD DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT THE NIGHT CAN DO? PIC SLEEVE VINYL 12'' US $5.00 Buy It Now 47m 51s
ILLUSION WHY CAN'T WE LIVE TOGETHER SUGARHILL RECORDS VINYL 12'' US $5.00 Buy It Now 47m 51s
Marty Robbins 45 Singing The Blues / I Can't Quit 1956 w Company Sleeve VG+ US $5.00 Buy It Now 47m 58s
Charlatans "Can't Get Out of Bed" DJ-ONLY CD single '94 US $8.49 Buy It Now 48m 1s
BOB DYLAN 7'' PS Can You Please Crawl Out France Jukebox CBS 1900 French rare 45 US $160.80 Buy It Now 48m 34s
BOB DYLAN 7'' PS Can You Please Crawl Denmark very rare CBS 1900 Danish 45 US $241.23 Buy It Now 48m 34s
MELI'SA MORGAN CAN YOU GIVE ME WHAT I WANT vinyl 12'' US $3.00 Buy It Now 48m 54s
LL COOL J I CAN GIVE YOU MORE - I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT MY RADIO vinyl 12 US $8.00 Buy It Now 48m 54s
LELOUP,JEAN-AMOUR EST SANS PITIE (CAN) CD NEW US $31.58 Buy It Now 49m 30s
How Can We Keep From Sing (List CD) Choir CDs US $24.93 Buy It Now 49m 47s
THE JON BUTCHER AXIS DON'T SAY GOODNIGHT / CAN'T TELL THE DANCER vinyl 7'' 45 US $2.00 Buy It Now 50m 13s
MARIO YOU GOTTA BELIEVE (CAN'T STOP THE BUM RUSH) VINYL 12'' US $5.00 Buy It Now 50m 13s
PHILLY CREAM CAN'T TURN AROUND vinyl 12'' US $2.00 Buy It Now 50m 13s
BOYZ II MEN CAN'T LET HER GO TIMBALAND REMIXES vinyl 12'' US $3.00 Buy It Now 50m 13s
The Rezillos - Can't Stand the Rezillos (The (Almost) Complete Rezillos, 1996) US $7.96 Buy It Now 50m 56s
Tammy Wynette ~ We Sure Can Love Each Other ~ QUADRAPHONIC LP QUAD US $12.95 Buy It Now 51m 4s
John Hetherington UNI 55284 Can't Nobody See My Face US $4.50 Buy It Now 51m 28s
D4L LAFFY TAFFY BETCHA CAN'T DO IT LIKE ME VINYL 12'' US $3.00 Buy It Now 51m 43s
DALVIN DEGRATE ( FEATURING STEVIE J) WHY CAN'T WE SEALED vinyl 12'' US $3.00 Buy It Now 51m 44s
LT. STITCHIE CAN YOU READ MY MIND vinyl 12' US $3.00 Buy It Now 51m 44s
DJ Toolz - I Can't Survive 2CDS US $4.81 Buy It Now 51m 49s
SKOOL BOYZ CAN WE DO IT AGAIN DANCE MIX VINYL 12'' US $5.00 Buy It Now 52m 46s
Kathy Troccoli -CAN'T GET YOU OUT OF MY HEART CD Single US $5.99 Buy It Now 53m 4s
OTIS REDDING - (I can't get no) SATISFACTION VG+ (see below) US $2.40 [0 bids]
54m 2s
MATT BIANCO MORE THAN I CAN BEAR VINYL 12'' US $5.00 Buy It Now 54m 5s
Dance to Swinging Things from Cole Porter's Can-Can Lp Album d1 US $2.99 [0 bids]
54m 21s
Dead Can Dance - Live Anastasis 7" US $49.99 [0 bids]
55m 10s
Dead Can Dance - Dreams Made Flesh 7" US $49.99 [0 bids]
55m 14s
THE EAGLES Country Folk Rock I CAN'T TELL YOU Rare Import 70s 7" Vinyl PROMO new US $19.99 Buy It Now 55m 16s
MEL TORME: You Can't Love 'em All (jazz vinyl 45) dj, sm tag/xol US $10.00 Buy It Now 56m 18s
1977 CHET BAKER YOU CAN'T GO HOME AGAIN LP HORIZON SP-734 VG MOST TRACKS FINE US $4.99 [0 bids]
56m 21s
SUNSHINE STATE RECORDS PHILIP BAILEY HOW CAN I RELY ON YOU IMPORT vinyl 12'' US $4.00 Buy It Now 56m 35s
BUSTA FUNK FEATURING SUGA POPS LOVE CAN'T TURN AROUND vinyl 12'' US $3.00 Buy It Now 56m 35s
THE JUDDS - LOVE CAN BUILD A BRIDGE - CASSETTE US $4.99 [0 bids]
57m 16s
THE JACKSONS SHAKE YOUR BODY DOWN TO THE GROUND ~CAN YOU FEEL IT MIXED MASTERS US $10.00 Buy It Now 57m 38s
TOO B.M.F I'M DOGGIN' YA ~ WE CAN GET TOGETHER MIAMI BASS EX VINYL 12'' US $5.00 Buy It Now 57m 38s
AFRO RICAN I CAN DO THAT PIC SLEEVE VINYL 12'' US $3.00 Buy It Now 57m 38s
TOO B.M.F I'M DOGGIN' YA ~ WE CAN GET TOGETHER MIAMI BASS 12'' US $5.00 Buy It Now 57m 38s
EROTIC EXOTIC I CAN GIVE YOU WHAT YOU NEED SUTRA RECORDS VINYL 12'' US $7.00 Buy It Now 57m 38s
Can't Hold the Vibe by Quiet Boys (CD, Oct-1996, Hollywood) US $3.99 Buy It Now 58m 14s
TREVOR RABIN CAN'T LOOK AWAY 1989 GERMANY VINYL LP+ INNER SLV * NEAR MINT VINYL US $14.39 Buy It Now 58m 27s
ROYAL HOUSE can you party? +NEW & SEALED+ CASSETTE TAPE RARE OOP ELECTRONIC US $6.99 Buy It Now 58m 51s
Joe Walsh - You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind - ABCD 932 US $1.99 [0 bids]
59m 22s
78rpm JEAN SABLON can i forget you / afraid to dream , EX US $32.16 Buy It Now 59m 24s
Frank Sinatra, Why Can't You Behave/No Orchids For My Lady, Columbia 38393 US $5.00 Buy It Now 59m 59s
TEXAS TORNADOS self titled w/ FREDDY FENDER tex mex A MAN CAN CRY new tape US $7.88 Buy It Now 1h
Frank Sinatra, You're My Girl/Can't You Just See Yourself, Columbia 37978 US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h
HELL'S KITCHEN IF YOU CAN'T TAKE THE HEAT CASSETTE TAPE BRAND NEW US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h
Henry King, It Can Happen To You/Boy Meets Girl, Decca 938 US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Capitol Single 45 - Margaret Whiting - On Second Thought/Who Can? You Can, Excel US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
ROBERT WYATT NOTHING CAN STOP US LP MINT SEALED US $25.72 Buy It Now 1h 3m
THE FIVE STAIRSTEPS-AIN'T GONNA REST (TILL I GET YOU) / YOU CAN'T SEE..U.S WINDY US $32.15 Buy It Now 1h 4m

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Can Anthology ratings distribution

CAN Can Anthology reviews

Review by fuxi
5 stars It's testimony to Prog Archives' generous spirit that Can's collected works (and hundreds of other Krautrock artifacts) are included in the site. For this music is as different from the 'Look at me, I'm a virtuoso!' excursions by the likes of Keith Emerson or Chris Squire as it is possible to get. Indeed, it is claimed (in the Rough Guide to Rock, no less!) that in any given Can composition bassist Holger Czukay simply keeps repeating the same two notes over and over again. I haven't checked if this is true, but it certainly seems that way, and yet his bass playing is delightful. In fact, all of the pieces in this collection are immensely lovable.

Let me come clean: this is the only Can album I possess, and I've never heard any other. Still, Prog Archives experts seem to agree that this double CD is a decent representation of the band's career, so I've got no qualms about recommending it to you.

There are two reasons why I've decided to award this album five stars. First of all, I really love this music. It was recommended to me by one of my best friends, it's full of variety, and whenever I put it on, I feel great. Secondly, the more I play this, the more I'm amazed by its historic significance. If Can had been a British or a North American band, you would see their name in poll after poll of the most influential rock bands ever. No doubt about it. Listen to this music, and track after track (most of the material was recorded BEFORE 1975!) will remind you of Bowie's LOW, of the Talking Heads' REMAIN IN LIGHT (minus the hysterical vocals), of New Order, David Sylvian etc. ... all the way up to present-day bands like Gorillaz.

I recently read an article which gave the impression that David Byrne and Peter Gabriel invented so-called World Music, but that's nonsense, because Can were at it at least a full decade earlier, using African rhythms and Middle Eastern harmonies with grace and total ease. (Of course you could maintain that 'World Music' started more than two thousand years ago, when both China and Europe were transformed by string instruments which originated in the Middle East.)

This collection is full of gentle undulating melodies, weird nursery rhymes, irresistible grooves and comic recitations... On the second disc, there's even a brief parody of Japanese noh theatre chanting. Altogether, it's unmistakably a masterpiece.

Send comments to fuxi (BETA) | Report this review (#127523) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 04, 2007

4 stars Well like some of you i'm not really into songs so much as I am into albums. So anthologies or "Best Of" recordings aren't that appealing to me. Heck I have an I-Pod that I got a year and half ago still in it's box. One day i'll get around to that but that's just my mind-set I guess. There are some advantages to owning this two disc anthology because i'm not a completist so most of disc two is new to me. Also the info in the liner notes is so comprehensive, i'm very impressed. All the albums are listed with pictures of the corresponding covers and song titles. Lots of pictures including a priceless one of Damo and Malcom together smiling for the camera. Okay Malcom isn't smiling (haha). There's a little blurb on each album and inside where the song titles are for this two disc affair they even tell us what album each track comes from. Man for someone new to the band this would be all so invaluable.

Disc one is filled with their more well known numbers as we get music from "Monster Movie" straight through to "Soon Over Babaluma" but skipping "Future Days" which appears on disc two. I wouldn't even know where to start or end in picking my favourites from this bunch. Classic stuff.

Disc two begins with a track from "Can Delay" and it's a good one in "Uphill" with Malcom on vocals. "Mother Upduff" is next and I love this one too. This song and the four to follow are from "Unlimited Edition". One song from "Landed" followed by two from "Future Days" in the title track and "Moonshake". We get two tracks from "Flow Motion" , "Saw Delight" and "Rite Time" with the latter one having Malcom back on vocals. One from "Can" and it ends with a song from a soundtrack.

So we get about 2 1/2 hours of CAN music that spans their careers plus lots of good information and pictures. A low 4 stars for me but it's worth the rating.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#803930) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 13, 2012

5 stars CAN's CONDENSED SOUP Anthology is a two-disc collection of Can's groundbreaking music, whose early experimental Rock music in the 1970's was highly influential on many bands that followed. The music is not presented in strict chronological order, but rather split between early-period and latter ... (read more)

Report this review (#218115) | Posted by catfood03 | Sunday, May 24, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Can Anthology"