CAN ANTHOLOGY

Can Can Anthology album cover

Buy CAN Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1994

Disc 1: (75:11)
1. Father Cannot Yell (7:05)
2. Soup (3:03)
3. Mother Sky (6:41)
4. She Brings The Rain (4:07)
5. Mushroom (4:31)
6. One More Night (5:37)
7. Outside My Door (4:11)
8. Spoon (3:09)
9. Halleluwah (5:39)
10. Aumgn (7:18)
11. Dizzy Dizzy (3:30)
12. Yoo Doo Right (20:20)

Disc 2: (74:20)
11. I Want More (3:30)
12. Animal Waves (8:09)
13. Don't Say No (6:35)
14. Aspectacle (3:06)
15. Below This Level (3:13)
16. Hoolah Hoolah (3:31)
17. Last Night Sleep (3:35)

Search CAN Can Anthology lyrics

Search CAN Can Anthology tabs

- Holger Czucay / bass, vocal all titles except Disc 2: 17 and Disc 1: 11, 13
- Micheal Karoli / guitar all titles, violins Disc 1: 11, Disc 2: 7,10,12, vocal Disc 1: 11 Disc 2: 7,10,11,13,15,16,17
- Jaki Liebezeit / drums, vocal all titles Disc 1: 11,13
- Irmin Schmidt / keyboards, vocal all titles, Disc 1: 10, Disc 2: 11,13
- Damo Suzuki / vocal Disc 1: 2,3,5,6,7,9,10, Disc 2: 3,5,6,8,9
- Malcolm Mooney / vocal Disc 1: 1,4,7,12, Disc 2: 1,2,15,16,17
- Rosko Gee / bass, vocal Disc 2: 12,14 Disc 2: 13
- Reebop Kwaku Baah / percussion, vocal Disc 1: 12,13

CD-Spoon records

and to frenchie for the last updates

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Can Anthology Music

Tago MagoTago Mago
Ege BamyasiEge Bamyasi
Future DaysFuture Days
Remastered
Mute U.S. 2008
1980 VILLAGE PEOPLE "Can't stop the music " Movie Soundtrack Record Album US $5.99 [0 bids]
30m 47s
TOM JONES Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?/Green G SOVIET MELODIYA BLUE FLEXI MINT US $15.00 Buy It Now 33m 21s
MOMENTS-Sexy Mama/Where Can I Find Her UK 7" EX Cond US $13.30 Buy It Now 33m 24s
Chambers Brothers - Time Has Come Today / I Can't Turn You Loose - 7" 45 / VG+ US $5.00 [0 bids]
33m 32s
Lionel Richie - Can't Slow Down CD All Night Long Hello Penny Lover Stuck On You US $5.99 Buy It Now 34m 12s
YES UK 1984 7" Single IT CAN HAPPEN US $4.98 Buy It Now 34m 46s
SHIGGIES Dale Wright Can It Be 1958 45rpm VG+ US $14.99 Buy It Now 35m 18s
THE ESCORTS-Disrespect Can Wreck/THE R.R's-Bam A Lam A Boogie UK 7" EX Cond US $11.64 Buy It Now 35m 24s
ARTHUR PRYSOCK Here's To Good Friends / All I Can Do Is Cry STOCK 45 M- US $7.99 Buy It Now 35m 46s
John Denver "How Can I Leave You Again" Rare Oz 7" US $7.45 Buy It Now 36m 20s
Dead Can Dance - Spleen And Ideal US $11.00 Buy It Now 37m 34s
Dead Can Dance - The Serpent's Egg US $11.00 Buy It Now 39m 25s
LENNY KRAVITZ UK 1996 CD Single Can't Get You Off My Mind LIVE TRACKS US $4.14 Buy It Now 39m 53s
HANK CEE I CAN'T GET OVER YOU TWO SIDES TO A STORY 45 RPM US $9.99 [0 bids]
40m 47s
Bryan Adams : Please Forgive Me / Can't Stop This 7 INCH VINYL RECORD EX/EX 005 US $2.81 Buy It Now 42m 5s
THE COASTERS SHE CAN b/w EVERYBODY'S WOMAN POST-ATLANTIC DATE EX COND WLP 45 US $17.50 [0 bids]
42m 38s
TAYLOR DAYNE UK 1993 CD Single CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOUR LOVE NearMINT US $4.14 Buy It Now 42m 46s
CLIFF RICHARD Rare UK 1998 CD Single CAN'T KEEP THIS FEELING IN Part2 NearMINT US $8.31 Buy It Now 43m 30s
GALE EASON-I CAN SEE THE HURT (WHERE DO WE GO FROM EPIC 11124 STEREO/MONO NM 45 US $19.98 Buy It Now 44m 12s
Juice Newton - Can't Wait All Night / Restless Heart 45 rpm 1984 US $2.25 Buy It Now 44m 48s
7" PAUL JONES "HIGH TIME / I CAN'T HOLD ON MUCH LONGER " 60'S POP EX US $5.50 Buy It Now 44m 55s
2 SHARON van ETTEN US promo cd Leonard & All I Can Say unique back sleeve US $49.95 [0 bids]
46m 52s
Madonna You Can Dance US LP US $12.99 Buy It Now 48m 14s
O. B. McCLINTON Natural Love b/w I Can't Get Over Last Night STOCK 45 M- US $7.99 Buy It Now 48m 22s
THE HOLLIES - I CAN'T TELL THE BOTTOM FROM THE TOP - 7" VINYL 1970 PARLOPHONE US $5.81 Buy It Now 48m 35s
IF WE CAN FLY TO THE MOON Anita Kruse & Friends 2001 Purple Records 9/11 US $3.50 [0 bids]
49m 11s
78 RPM RECORD/4A) THE ARMSTRONG TWINS/ HE CAN SAVE YOUR US $2.99 [0 bids]
49m 30s
THE MOCK TURTLES - CAN YOU DIG IT ? - 7" VINYL 1991 SIREN US $9.97 Buy It Now 49m 32s
BLUE PEARL - (Can You) Feel The Passion - 1991 UK 7" US $4.16 Buy It Now 49m 39s
DON JOHNSON Heartbeat / Can't Take Your Memory 45 with PicSleeve MIAMI VICE US $4.99 Buy It Now 49m 43s
Oh Yes I Can by David Crosby (CD, Jul-2003, One Way Records) US $9.99 [0 bids]
50m 11s
DENIECE WILLIAMS - I CAN'T WAIT - 7" VINYL PICTURE SLEEVE 1988 CBS US $10.80 Buy It Now 50m 13s
GEORDIE (AC/DC) - Can You Do It 1973 RARE BRAZIL 7" 45 Single PROMO US $24.50 Buy It Now 50m 16s
YOU CAN WAKE UP WITH ME/ONE LIFE TO.. JENNIFER ROMEO ? US $12.00 Buy It Now 51m 28s
Mary Kaye Trio "You Can't Be True Dear" b/w "Because Of You" 7" Single 1959 pop US $0.99 [0 bids]
51m 59s
45 RPM record - Brook Benton - Nothing Can Take the Place of You - Woman Without US $0.99 [0 bids]
52m 32s
45 RPM record - Johnny Rivers - Love me while you can - Where have all the flowe US $0.99 [0 bids]
52m 32s
The New Faces - We can get there by candlelight US $3.25 [0 bids]
52m 45s
** FREDDIE McGREGOR JAH CAN COUNT ON I LITTLE ROY NEXT CUT HEAVYWEIGHT DUB!! US $11.22 Buy It Now 53m 24s
Pet Shop Boys - Can You Forgive Her 3 mixes - UK CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 53m 36s
Marillion No One Can PICTURE DIS Uk 12" US $14.99 Buy It Now 55m 18s
JOE COCKER " LUXURY YOU CAN AFFORD " 8 TRACK TAPE CARTRIDGE US $3.00 [0 bids]
55m 59s
MODERN SOUL 2/STEP 45 A TOUCH OF BLUE "You Can Make Me Happy"RARE;UK US $20.00 Buy It Now 55m 59s
Jodie Sands - With all my heart/(Can't we be) More than only friends US $4.99 [0 bids]
56m 41s
BUZZY LINHART Pussycats Can Go Far LP Fred Neil John Sebastian Ochs Atlantic '74 US $11.65 Buy It Now 57m 28s
ANYONE CAN DANCE - NIGHT CLUB FREESTYLE !! US $3.75 Buy It Now 58m 11s
DAVID MAHLER - DAVID MAHLER: ONLY MUSIC CAN SAVE ME NOW - NEW CD US $15.03 Buy It Now 59m 22s
You Can't Stop the Bum Rush [Japan Bonus Track] by Len (CD, Jul-1999, Sony) US $8.00 Buy It Now 59m 49s
Brenda Lee (1961 VG+) "You Can Depend On Me/It's Never Too Late" Decca # 31231.. US $4.99 Buy It Now 59m 54s
Barry White 45 "Honey Please, Can't Ya See" (vocal/instrumental) US $5.24 Buy It Now 1h
promo single bobbie cryner mca 1995 i just can`t stand to be unhappy US $5.00 [0 bids]
1h
THE BEATLES 7" vinyl record WE CAN WORK IT OUT on parlophone R5389 US $14.96 Buy It Now 1h
Fred Feibel Quartet 78rpm Vocalion #4553 This Can't Be Love US $19.99 [0 bids]
1h
Xavier Cugat - LATIN 78rpm Columbia #36836 No Can Do (american rhumba) US $19.99 [0 bids]
FOREIGNER CAN'T SLOW DOWN WHEN IT'S LIVE 2 CD SET 2011 US $6.62 Buy It Now 1h 2m
DONALD BYRD - PICTURES AT AN EXHIBITION (CAN) - NEW CD US $35.56 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Bryan Adams Can't Stop This Thing ,& live It's Only Love & Hearts On Fire UK 12" US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Mavis Hatfield - Signed - Darling don't cry/I can't get the country out of me US $7.99 [0 bids]
Men At Work Its Mistake , Who Can It Be Now, F19 US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Pink P!nk Can't Take Me Home CD Hell Wit Ya Most Girls Private Show Stop Falling US $8.38 Buy It Now 1h 3m
RED SOVINE IT'LL COME BACK Daddy's Girl Sunshine Man Can I Keep Him Daddy LP US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Tab Smith 78rpm United #U-107 Can't We Take A Chance US $9.99 [0 bids]
Shelton Bros. 78rpm Decca #5996 I Just Can't Go US $19.99 [0 bids]
MYSTERY JETS you can't fool me dennis UK 7" 45 different sleeve 2 US $1.00 [0 bids]
MYSTERY JETS you can't fool me dennis UK 7" 45 different sleeve US $2.00 [0 bids]
SPEAKERS CORNER STEELEY DAN CAN'T BUY A THRILL US $12.61 [2 bids]
ISABEL PEDRO - CAN?ONS POPULARS ESPANYOLES [849757020554] - NEW CD US $36.08 Buy It Now 1h 6m
JOHNNY FOREIGNER - You Can Do Better - LP + MP3 download code US $23.05 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Angel Can You Feel It Cassette Tape New Sealed US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
LACY J. DALTON 45 RPM 7" VINYL RECORD*WORKING CLASS MAN*CAN'T SEE ME WITHOUT YOU US $1.99 [0 bids]
RICK RICKY NELSON if you can't rock me ISRAEL ISRAELI P/S 7" US $130.00 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Lionel Richie Can't Slow Down Very Rarely Played No Scratches READ Info US $9.99 [0 bids]
SURVIVOR - I CAN'T HOLD BACK - GERMAN 7" - PICTURE SLEEVE - JIM PETERIK SIGNED US $6.95 Buy It Now 1h 9m
BACHELORS -60's Sheet music NO ARMS CAN EVER HOLD YOU US $19.98 Buy It Now 1h 11m
REBA McENTIRE 45 RPM 7" VINYL RECORD **WHOEVER'S IN NEW ENGLAND **CAN'T STOP NOW US $1.99 [0 bids]
THE DAVE CLARK FIVE-CAN'T YOU SEE THAT SHE IS-ITALIAN FACTORY COVER 45rpm 1964 US $16.00 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Saint Etienne - Only Love Can Break Your Heart CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
I LOVE AMERICA PATRIC JUVET 1978 CASABLANCA RECORDS CAN 132 PICTURE SLEEVE US $1.65 [0 bids]
Ray Charles R & B 45 (abc 11351) I Can Make It Thru The Days/Ring of Fire VG+ US $6.95 Buy It Now 1h 14m
The Temptations I Can't Get Next To You / Psychedelic Shack 7" 45 rpm Y 462F NM- US $4.20 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Shakespear's Sister I Can Drive track CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Mock Turtles Can You Dig It? Extended Uk 12" US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
JANIS JOPLIN Me And Bobby McGee / Get It While You Can 45 US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Sheb Wooley The Purple People Eater/I Can't Believe You're Mine K12651 45 RPM Vi US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
PROMO The New Colony Six Can't You See Me Cry 1967 45rpm VG++ GARAGE US $10.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
GERRY MULLIGAN: IF YOU CAN'T BEAT 'EM, JOIN 'EM 1965 1st PRESSING NEAR MINT US $16.63 Buy It Now 1h 18m
JOURNEY Girl Can't Help It promo 45 with PicSleeve US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
AUTOGRAPHED All You Can Eat by k.d. lang (CD, Oct-1995, Warner Bros.). COA !!!!! US $9.99 [0 bids]
IRON MAIDEN Can I play with madness 7" Vinyl Single EMI EM49 1988 US $21.62 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Bee Gees-How Deep Is Your Love/Can't Keep A Good Man Down UK 7" EX Cond US $6.64 Buy It Now 1h 21m
If I Can't Have You / Good Sign Yvonne Elliman 45 RPM 7" RSO Records (EX) 1977 US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE GREGG ALLMAN BAND 45 RPM 7" VINYL RECORD- CAN'T KEEP RUNNING -DEMONSTRATION- US $1.99 [0 bids]
WILEY -CAN YOU HER ME (AYAYAYA) FEAT SKEPTA,JME & MS D(CD2012) 2 TRACKS RADIO/IN US $2.50 Buy It Now 1h 24m
I Can Make a Mess Like Nobodys Business : I Can Make a Mess Like Nobodys Busines US $3.96 Buy It Now 1h 24m
From the Fool [Single] by IV Example Cassette Jun-1995, MCA USA I Can Make it up US $0.99 [0 bids]
BILLY MIZE ~ You Can Get By / Born To Love Me ~ rare MEGA PROMO 7" vinyl 45 US $8.25 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Dion & the Belmonts - No One Knows / I Can't Go On 45 US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
John Miles-Can't Keep A Good Man Down UK 7" EX+ Cond US $7.97 Buy It Now 1h 27m
REO SPEEDWAGON 45 RPM 7" VINYL RECORD * THAT AIN'T LOVE * ACCIDENTS CAN HAPPEM US $1.99 [0 bids]
LIONEL RICHIE can't slow down LP 8 track gatefold with inner (stma8041) german m US $8.31 Buy It Now 1h 28m

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Can Anthology ratings distribution

CAN Can Anthology reviews

Review by fuxi
5 stars It's testimony to Prog Archives' generous spirit that Can's collected works (and hundreds of other Krautrock artifacts) are included in the site. For this music is as different from the 'Look at me, I'm a virtuoso!' excursions by the likes of Keith Emerson or Chris Squire as it is possible to get. Indeed, it is claimed (in the Rough Guide to Rock, no less!) that in any given Can composition bassist Holger Czukay simply keeps repeating the same two notes over and over again. I haven't checked if this is true, but it certainly seems that way, and yet his bass playing is delightful. In fact, all of the pieces in this collection are immensely lovable.

Let me come clean: this is the only Can album I possess, and I've never heard any other. Still, Prog Archives experts seem to agree that this double CD is a decent representation of the band's career, so I've got no qualms about recommending it to you.

There are two reasons why I've decided to award this album five stars. First of all, I really love this music. It was recommended to me by one of my best friends, it's full of variety, and whenever I put it on, I feel great. Secondly, the more I play this, the more I'm amazed by its historic significance. If Can had been a British or a North American band, you would see their name in poll after poll of the most influential rock bands ever. No doubt about it. Listen to this music, and track after track (most of the material was recorded BEFORE 1975!) will remind you of Bowie's LOW, of the Talking Heads' REMAIN IN LIGHT (minus the hysterical vocals), of New Order, David Sylvian etc. ... all the way up to present-day bands like Gorillaz.

I recently read an article which gave the impression that David Byrne and Peter Gabriel invented so-called World Music, but that's nonsense, because Can were at it at least a full decade earlier, using African rhythms and Middle Eastern harmonies with grace and total ease. (Of course you could maintain that 'World Music' started more than two thousand years ago, when both China and Europe were transformed by string instruments which originated in the Middle East.)

This collection is full of gentle undulating melodies, weird nursery rhymes, irresistible grooves and comic recitations... On the second disc, there's even a brief parody of Japanese noh theatre chanting. Altogether, it's unmistakably a masterpiece.

Send comments to fuxi (BETA) | Report this review (#127523) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 04, 2007

4 stars Well like some of you i'm not really into songs so much as I am into albums. So anthologies or "Best Of" recordings aren't that appealing to me. Heck I have an I-Pod that I got a year and half ago still in it's box. One day i'll get around to that but that's just my mind-set I guess. There are some advantages to owning this two disc anthology because i'm not a completist so most of disc two is new to me. Also the info in the liner notes is so comprehensive, i'm very impressed. All the albums are listed with pictures of the corresponding covers and song titles. Lots of pictures including a priceless one of Damo and Malcom together smiling for the camera. Okay Malcom isn't smiling (haha). There's a little blurb on each album and inside where the song titles are for this two disc affair they even tell us what album each track comes from. Man for someone new to the band this would be all so invaluable.

Disc one is filled with their more well known numbers as we get music from "Monster Movie" straight through to "Soon Over Babaluma" but skipping "Future Days" which appears on disc two. I wouldn't even know where to start or end in picking my favourites from this bunch. Classic stuff.

Disc two begins with a track from "Can Delay" and it's a good one in "Uphill" with Malcom on vocals. "Mother Upduff" is next and I love this one too. This song and the four to follow are from "Unlimited Edition". One song from "Landed" followed by two from "Future Days" in the title track and "Moonshake". We get two tracks from "Flow Motion" , "Saw Delight" and "Rite Time" with the latter one having Malcom back on vocals. One from "Can" and it ends with a song from a soundtrack.

So we get about 2 1/2 hours of CAN music that spans their careers plus lots of good information and pictures. A low 4 stars for me but it's worth the rating.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#803930) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 13, 2012

5 stars CAN's CONDENSED SOUP Anthology is a two-disc collection of Can's groundbreaking music, whose early experimental Rock music in the 1970's was highly influential on many bands that followed. The music is not presented in strict chronological order, but rather split between early-period and latter ... (read more)

Report this review (#218115) | Posted by catfood03 | Sunday, May 24, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Can Anthology"