CAN ANTHOLOGY

Can Can Anthology album cover

Buy CAN Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1994

Disc 1: (75:11)
1. Father Cannot Yell (7:05)
2. Soup (3:03)
3. Mother Sky (6:41)
4. She Brings The Rain (4:07)
5. Mushroom (4:31)
6. One More Night (5:37)
7. Outside My Door (4:11)
8. Spoon (3:09)
9. Halleluwah (5:39)
10. Aumgn (7:18)
11. Dizzy Dizzy (3:30)
12. Yoo Doo Right (20:20)

Disc 2: (74:20)
11. I Want More (3:30)
12. Animal Waves (8:09)
13. Don't Say No (6:35)
14. Aspectacle (3:06)
15. Below This Level (3:13)
16. Hoolah Hoolah (3:31)
17. Last Night Sleep (3:35)

Search CAN Can Anthology lyrics

Search CAN Can Anthology tabs

- Holger Czucay / bass, vocal all titles except Disc 2: 17 and Disc 1: 11, 13
- Micheal Karoli / guitar all titles, violins Disc 1: 11, Disc 2: 7,10,12, vocal Disc 1: 11 Disc 2: 7,10,11,13,15,16,17
- Jaki Liebezeit / drums, vocal all titles Disc 1: 11,13
- Irmin Schmidt / keyboards, vocal all titles, Disc 1: 10, Disc 2: 11,13
- Damo Suzuki / vocal Disc 1: 2,3,5,6,7,9,10, Disc 2: 3,5,6,8,9
- Malcolm Mooney / vocal Disc 1: 1,4,7,12, Disc 2: 1,2,15,16,17
- Rosko Gee / bass, vocal Disc 2: 12,14 Disc 2: 13
- Reebop Kwaku Baah / percussion, vocal Disc 1: 12,13

CD-Spoon records

and to frenchie for the last updates

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Can Anthology Music

Anthology by Can [Music CD]Anthology by Can [Music CD]
Warner
Can - Anthology 1968-1993 (1994) SPOON label 2CD 30/31 soup mother sky uphill .. USD $23.31 Buy It Now 1 day
Anthology 1968-1993 by CAN 2 CDS USD $13.59 Buy It Now 1 day
AL KOOPER Big Deal~Anthology 8 TRACK TAPE~SEALED ~Season Of Witch/Can't Quit Her USD $4.95 Buy It Now 3 days
What Can You Machen? Sis Amerika!: Anthology of a Yiddishe Mama - Myriam Fuks;.. USD $8.45 Buy It Now 5 days
2xCD: CAN "Anthology 1968-1993" Holger Czukay, Jaki Leibezeit, Irmin Schmidt USD $19.97 Buy It Now 6 days
Ultimate ISAAC HAYES Can You Dig It Collection 2 CD/DVD 70s Anthology USD $20.07 Buy It Now 7 days
What Can You Machen? Sis Amerika!: Anthology of a Yiddishe Mama, Roby Lakatos, M USD $10.69 Buy It Now 7 days
IRMIN SCHIDT -Filmmusik Anthology Volume 4 & 5- SEALED 2CD Wim Wenders Can USD $13.98 Buy It Now 7 days
CAN - ANTHOLOGY [CAN] [CD BOXSET] [2 DISCS] [724596937228] - NEW CD BOXSET USD $16.33 Buy It Now 8 days
CD . Various Artists . The Great Male Jazz Singers Anthology: Can't Get A USD $4.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Can : Anthology 1968-1993 (2CDs) (2003) USD $15.55 Buy It Now 9 days
Restless Breed: No Walls Can Hold - The Demo Anthology CD 2012 Stormspell NEW USD $9.95 Buy It Now 9 days
Can Anthology [Remastered] CD USD $16.92 Buy It Now 10 days
Can - Anthology (2007) - Used - Compact Disc USD $8.06 Buy It Now 10 days
Fuks Myriam Lakatos Roby - What Can You Machen Sis Amerikal Anthology Of A CD USD $21.49 Buy It Now 10 days
HOW LOW CAN YOU GO? ANTHOLOGY OF THE STRING BASS (1925-1941) - NEW CD BOXSET USD $21.93 Buy It Now 10 days
RESTLESS BREED - No Walls Can Hold: The Demo Anthology CD GREAT 80's US Metal USD $12.59 Buy It Now 11 days
CAN - Anthology (remastered) - 2xCD USD $21.38 Buy It Now 11 days
MYRIAM FUKS - WHAT CAN YOU MACHEN? SIS AMERIKA!: ANTHOLOGY OF A - NEW CD USD $18.48 Buy It Now 11 days
Can - Anthology NEW CD USD $14.60 Buy It Now 11 days
DEATH MILITIA-YOU CAN'T KILL WHAT'S ALREADY DEAD: ANTHOLOGY 1985-1988-CD USD $14.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Alan Hull WE CAN SWING TOGETHER: ANTHOLOGY 2 CD SET *NEW* OOP LINDISFARNE USD $66.99 Buy It Now 17 days
How Low Can You Go-Anthology Of The String Bass (CD New) USD $25.80 Buy It Now 18 days
Can: Anthology Promo Sleeve Only (dream faust tangerine japan mini-lp no cd Q USD $18.00 Buy It Now 18 days
How Low Can You Go-Anthology Of The String Bass [CD New] USD $24.94 Buy It Now 18 days
HOW LOW CAN YOU GO: ANTHOLOGY OF THE STRING / VAR NEW CD USD $29.35 Buy It Now 18 days
How Low Can You Go? Anthology of the String Bass *New CD* USD $22.41 Buy It Now 19 days
How Low Can You Go-Anthology Of The String Bass CD USD $30.09 Buy It Now 20 days
RESTLESS BREED-No Walls Can Hold:The Demo Anthology Sanctuary, Flotsam USD $14.99 Buy It Now 21 days
RESTLESS BREED NO WALLS CAN HOLD THE DEMO ANTHOLOGY CD NEW LIMITED RARE HTF USD $14.00 Buy It Now 23 days
Can Anthology Japan Promo Mini LP Jacket! USD $12.95 Buy It Now 24 days
Can-Anthology CD NEW USD $20.00 Buy It Now 26 days
SKINNY PUPPY - 12" Inch Anthology (CD 1990) MEGA RARE CAN First Edition MINT USD $13.19 Buy It Now 26 days
CAN - ANTHOLOGY 25 YEARS (IMPORT) NEW CD USD $45.30 Buy It Now 28 days
Anthology 25 Years - Can (2014, CD New) USD $26.73 Buy It Now 28 days
Anthology 25 Years - Can New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping USD $46.44 Buy It Now 28 days
Can - Anthology 25 Years [CD New] USD $40.49 Buy It Now 28 days
How Low Can You Go? Anthology of Stri - V/A New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipp USD $30.93 Buy It Now 29 days
LP future days ~ USD $20.97
LP future days: live in cologne 1973 ~ USD $21.71
LP monster movie: live ~ USD $21.71
LP rohstoff - the essentail lost tapes 1968-1976 ~ USD $27.92
LP soundtracks ~ USD $20.97
LP tago mago: live ~ USD $21.71

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Can Anthology ratings distribution

CAN Can Anthology reviews

Review by fuxi
5 stars It's testimony to Prog Archives' generous spirit that Can's collected works (and hundreds of other Krautrock artifacts) are included in the site. For this music is as different from the 'Look at me, I'm a virtuoso!' excursions by the likes of Keith Emerson or Chris Squire as it is possible to get. Indeed, it is claimed (in the Rough Guide to Rock, no less!) that in any given Can composition bassist Holger Czukay simply keeps repeating the same two notes over and over again. I haven't checked if this is true, but it certainly seems that way, and yet his bass playing is delightful. In fact, all of the pieces in this collection are immensely lovable.

Let me come clean: this is the only Can album I possess, and I've never heard any other. Still, Prog Archives experts seem to agree that this double CD is a decent representation of the band's career, so I've got no qualms about recommending it to you.

There are two reasons why I've decided to award this album five stars. First of all, I really love this music. It was recommended to me by one of my best friends, it's full of variety, and whenever I put it on, I feel great. Secondly, the more I play this, the more I'm amazed by its historic significance. If Can had been a British or a North American band, you would see their name in poll after poll of the most influential rock bands ever. No doubt about it. Listen to this music, and track after track (most of the material was recorded BEFORE 1975!) will remind you of Bowie's LOW, of the Talking Heads' REMAIN IN LIGHT (minus the hysterical vocals), of New Order, David Sylvian etc. ... all the way up to present-day bands like Gorillaz.

I recently read an article which gave the impression that David Byrne and Peter Gabriel invented so-called World Music, but that's nonsense, because Can were at it at least a full decade earlier, using African rhythms and Middle Eastern harmonies with grace and total ease. (Of course you could maintain that 'World Music' started more than two thousand years ago, when both China and Europe were transformed by string instruments which originated in the Middle East.)

This collection is full of gentle undulating melodies, weird nursery rhymes, irresistible grooves and comic recitations... On the second disc, there's even a brief parody of Japanese noh theatre chanting. Altogether, it's unmistakably a masterpiece.

Send comments to fuxi (BETA) | Report this review (#127523) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 04, 2007

4 stars Well like some of you i'm not really into songs so much as I am into albums. So anthologies or "Best Of" recordings aren't that appealing to me. Heck I have an I-Pod that I got a year and half ago still in it's box. One day i'll get around to that but that's just my mind-set I guess. There are some advantages to owning this two disc anthology because i'm not a completist so most of disc two is new to me. Also the info in the liner notes is so comprehensive, i'm very impressed. All the albums are listed with pictures of the corresponding covers and song titles. Lots of pictures including a priceless one of Damo and Malcom together smiling for the camera. Okay Malcom isn't smiling (haha). There's a little blurb on each album and inside where the song titles are for this two disc affair they even tell us what album each track comes from. Man for someone new to the band this would be all so invaluable.

Disc one is filled with their more well known numbers as we get music from "Monster Movie" straight through to "Soon Over Babaluma" but skipping "Future Days" which appears on disc two. I wouldn't even know where to start or end in picking my favourites from this bunch. Classic stuff.

Disc two begins with a track from "Can Delay" and it's a good one in "Uphill" with Malcom on vocals. "Mother Upduff" is next and I love this one too. This song and the four to follow are from "Unlimited Edition". One song from "Landed" followed by two from "Future Days" in the title track and "Moonshake". We get two tracks from "Flow Motion" , "Saw Delight" and "Rite Time" with the latter one having Malcom back on vocals. One from "Can" and it ends with a song from a soundtrack.

So we get about 2 1/2 hours of CAN music that spans their careers plus lots of good information and pictures. A low 4 stars for me but it's worth the rating.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#803930) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 13, 2012

5 stars CAN's CONDENSED SOUP Anthology is a two-disc collection of Can's groundbreaking music, whose early experimental Rock music in the 1970's was highly influential on many bands that followed. The music is not presented in strict chronological order, but rather split between early-period and latter ... (read more)

Report this review (#218115) | Posted by catfood03 | Sunday, May 24, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Can Anthology"