CAN ANTHOLOGY

Can Can Anthology album cover

Buy CAN Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1994

Disc 1: (75:11)
1. Father Cannot Yell (7:05)
2. Soup (3:03)
3. Mother Sky (6:41)
4. She Brings The Rain (4:07)
5. Mushroom (4:31)
6. One More Night (5:37)
7. Outside My Door (4:11)
8. Spoon (3:09)
9. Halleluwah (5:39)
10. Aumgn (7:18)
11. Dizzy Dizzy (3:30)
12. Yoo Doo Right (20:20)

Disc 2: (74:20)
11. I Want More (3:30)
12. Animal Waves (8:09)
13. Don't Say No (6:35)
14. Aspectacle (3:06)
15. Below This Level (3:13)
16. Hoolah Hoolah (3:31)
17. Last Night Sleep (3:35)

Search CAN Can Anthology lyrics

Search CAN Can Anthology tabs

- Holger Czucay / bass, vocal all titles except Disc 2: 17 and Disc 1: 11, 13
- Micheal Karoli / guitar all titles, violins Disc 1: 11, Disc 2: 7,10,12, vocal Disc 1: 11 Disc 2: 7,10,11,13,15,16,17
- Jaki Liebezeit / drums, vocal all titles Disc 1: 11,13
- Irmin Schmidt / keyboards, vocal all titles, Disc 1: 10, Disc 2: 11,13
- Damo Suzuki / vocal Disc 1: 2,3,5,6,7,9,10, Disc 2: 3,5,6,8,9
- Malcolm Mooney / vocal Disc 1: 1,4,7,12, Disc 2: 1,2,15,16,17
- Rosko Gee / bass, vocal Disc 2: 12,14 Disc 2: 13
- Reebop Kwaku Baah / percussion, vocal Disc 1: 12,13

CD-Spoon records

and to frenchie for the last updates

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Can Anthology Music

Can Vinyl BoxCan Vinyl Box
Box set
Mute 2013
Vinyl$470.33
3LW: A girl can mack x2 LP 12" 12inch record album 1d US $3.00 Buy It Now 30m 2s
45 REORD, LISA KIRK. O-HI-O / CATCH ME IF YOU CAN. US $8.00 Buy It Now 31m 11s
AUDIO CD - ROCK - CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE TONIGHT & OTHER MOVIE HITS US $12.11 Buy It Now 31m 31s
B.J. THOMAS/i can't help it/1965 pacemaker 45 US $8.99 Buy It Now 32m 44s
VICTOR SILVESTER & Ballroom Orchestra This can't be love 78 Parlophone F1717 US $21.21 Buy It Now 32m 57s
RAY CHARLES EP I CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU HMV 7EG 8781....N/M US $26.12 Buy It Now 33m 13s
Jerry Hall & The Gospel Gleaners I Can Still See The Cross Southern Gospel LP US $2.00 [0 bids]
33m 44s
DAN HILL- PLEASURE CENTRE/ CAN'T WE TRY (DUET WITH VONDA SHEPARD) 7" SINGLE US $4.99 Buy It Now 33m 49s
THE DOVELLS 45 THE BRISTOL STOMP / YOU CAN,T SIT DOWN US $9.99 Buy It Now 34m 27s
LP-Les Napoleons A Go Go 60's can.garage punk-RE US $15.99 [0 bids]
35m 22s
LP-Maniacs-Can also Use Fruit 80's garage psych band US $9.99 [0 bids]
36m 12s
FREESTYLE 12" Naif-can't stop the love WARLOCK;RARE '96 PROMO;MINT;LISTEN!! US $9.99 [1 bids]
37m 15s
HANNAH JONES - NO ONE CAN LOVE YOU - PICCHIOTTI 2X12" US $8.98 Buy It Now 37m 19s
boz scaggs - what can i say - 7" vinyl single - 1970s US $11.41 Buy It Now 37m 23s
William De Vaughn LP TEC Figures Can't Calculate SEALED SOUL FUNK US $6.66 [2 bids]
37m 53s
Happiness Is Not a Fish That You Can Catch by Our Lady Peace (CD, Sep-1999,... US $3.99 [0 bids]
38m 23s
U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind CD US $3.00 Buy It Now 39m 49s
Martha & The Vandellas: "I Can't Dance To That Music You're Playing" - nice vnl! US $1.00 [0 bids]
40m 39s
Merle Haggard: "Make-Up & Faded Blue Jeans"/"Love Me When You Can" - '80 - NM! US $1.00 [0 bids]
40m 53s
Only God Can Judge Me: Verse I Chapter II, Mark Morrison ECD 1997 ENHANCED US $6.92 Buy It Now 41m 11s
Bing Crosby What Can You Do With A General 10" / 78 Rpm US $52.24 Buy It Now 41m 55s
The Spinners: "They Just Can't Stop It (Games People Play)" - '75 Soul - EX! US $2.25 [0 bids]
42m 22s
Jack Jones - The Race Is On / I Can't Believe I'm Losing You 45 1965 US $0.99 Buy It Now 42m 26s
All You Can Eat by K.D. Lang (CD, Oct-1995, Warner Bros.) US $3.70 [0 bids]
43m 9s
Z. Z. Hill: "When Can We Do This Again"/"When It Rains It Pours" - '82 Soul! US $2.25 [0 bids]
43m 24s
FREESTYLE 12" Lil Suzy-take me in your arms/love can't wait HIGH POWER;LISTEN!! US $9.99 [1 bids]
45m 3s
LP-The Way Can It Be '75 religious private psych US $19.99 [0 bids]
47m
Scum - You Can Do It - Lay Down - 1979 Canada pressing! - 12 inch Vinyl record US $9.99 [0 bids]
47m 3s
Anyone Can Play Radiohead - A Tribute to Radiohead - Various (CD) NEW/SEALED US $10.90 Buy It Now 47m 48s
HARMONIZING FOUR: If I Can Help Somebody (black gospel vinyl 45) US $10.00 Buy It Now 48m 14s
Music You Can Believe In by Various Christian Artists (CD, 1995, Reunion) Used US $0.99 [0 bids]
48m 18s
Lainey Allen 45 I CAN'T TAKE IT / THE ROAD TO LOVE ~ J.W.J. M- soul US $129.99 [0 bids]
49m 11s
JOEY ESPER Lovin Eyes/ I Can'r Help Myself 7" 45 RJ Records RJR 45-1 VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 49m 47s
COLLEEN HEWETT Sit Yourself Down / Can't Sit Down 1973 OZ 45 US $9.00 Buy It Now 50m 49s
RIC GORDON Private LP Just Can't Get Enough '80 Missouri AOR Power Pop HARD ROCK US $10.00 [0 bids]
51m 26s
FIONA APPLE Fast As You Can 1999 UK 1-track promo CD XPCD1227 US $6.51 [0 bids]
52m 38s
(439Q) Skraps, I Can't Believe - DJ CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 54m 21s
FOUR TOPS I Just Can't Walk Away b/w Hang STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 55m 56s
KATE TAYLOR YOU CAN CLOSE YOUR EYES USA WHITE LABEL USA US $25.99 Buy It Now 56m 18s
YVONNE ELLIMAN If I Can't Have You b/w Good Sign STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 56m 35s
MAGIC SLIM - ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN [MAGIC SLIM] - NEW CD US $14.94 Buy It Now 56m 56s
BAD COMPANY -1974 MONO ROCK - CAN'T GET ENOUGH US $15.99 Buy It Now 57m 4s
2 LPs by Carl Carlton "Everlasting Love" & "Can't Stop A Man In Love" US $11.77 Buy It Now 57m 39s
FAITH HILL- I CAN'T DO THAT ANYMORE/ TAKE ME AS I AM 7" SINGLE US $4.99 Buy It Now 58m 14s
SHANGRI LAS I can never go home any more Girl Group lp US $39.99 Buy It Now 58m 27s
THE LADYBUG TRANSIST - CAN'T WAIT ANOTHER DAY [THE LADYBUG TRANSISTOR] - NEW CD US $13.82 Buy It Now 59m 9s
Buddy Guy: Can't Quit the Blues, 3 CDs and DVD US $15.50 [12 bids]
59m 31s
Archie Bell & The Drells - I Can't Stop Dancing LP s US $20.99 Buy It Now 1h
Roy Orbison - I Can't Stop Loving You [CD New] US $8.48 Buy It Now 1h
Maurice Massiah We Can Go to Your House Quality / RFC PROMO DISCO SS 12" Single US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h
BETTY EVERETT 45(UNI 55122)I CAN'T SAY NO TO YOU US $2.25 Buy It Now 1h
Akon - I Can't Wait [Vinyl New] US $8.75 Buy It Now 1h
Get Rad - I Can Always Live [CD New] US $12.49 Buy It Now 1h
Jimmy Witherspoon, R Holmes - As Blue As They Can Be US $2.66 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Pat Travers - Can Do [Vinyl New] US $36.56 Buy It Now 1h 2m
As Far as the Eye Can See by People in Planes (CD, Mar-2006, Wind-Up) EG1 # US $0.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Tanya Tucker CD Can't Run from Yourself (Oct-1992, Capitol) Country EXC US $1.25 Buy It Now 1h 5m
SUZI QUATRO non - citizen - if you can't give me .. USA US $34.99 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? by The Cranberries (CD,... US $4.00 [0 bids]
Rock n Roll LITTLE RICHARD The Girl Can't Help It SPECIALTY 45 rpm Record VG US $2.99 [0 bids]
Terry Black Can't We Go Somehwere? Unless You Care Tollie 9026 Teen 45 US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 8m
ORANGE JUICE YOU CAN'T HIDE YOUR LOVE FOREVER LTD 180g LP + MP3 RSD 2013 US $24.41 Buy It Now 1h 8m
DIONNE WARWICK "ONLY LOVE CAN BREAK A HEART/IF I RULED THE WORLD" 1977 VG+ HEAR! US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 8m
GOATVERMIN s/t MC Conqueror Revenge (can) Vomitchapel Lord Diabolus Blasphemy US $6.08 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Limmie & Family Cookin 7" 45 HEAR You Can Do Magic NORTHERN SOUL AVCO Spider US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 9m
FREESTYLE 12" Shayme-i can't live without you VIPER;RARE;1993;M-;LISTEN!! US $9.99 [0 bids]
EMMYLOU HARRIS "YOU NEVER CAN TELL" / "YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO FEEL GOOD" 7" 45 US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
FIRE You Treat Me Good b/w I Can't Leave You Alone STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
(BK152) Big Music, No One Can Stop Him - 2007 CD US $4.49 Buy It Now 1h 13m
(AL272) Badly Drawn Boy, Is There Nothing We Can- DJ CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Can't Stop The Music -1980-Original Movie Soundtrack CD US $90.43 Buy It Now 1h 13m
GEORGE jONES 45: "I Can't get There From Here / Poor Man's Riches" US $3.25 Buy It Now 1h 13m
RIFF RUFFIN - (LISTEN) "ALL THE WAY" b/w "CAN'T GET A THRILL WITHOUT YOU"- VG++ US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Patty Loveless 45 You Can Feel Bad w/ts US $2.00 Buy It Now 1h 14m
BARRY WHITE CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOUR LOVE BABE - JUST N US $25.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
101 STRINGS/who can forget?/1972 lp US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Maze - Can't Get Over You / Africa 45 rpm 1989 US $2.00 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Bonnie Raitt - I Can't Help You Now - 2002 U.S. PROMO cd RARE! US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Tony Bennett Who Can I Turn To CL 2285 US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Holger Czukay "Moving Pictures" Org CD Mute '93 Can Sylvian Cluster Eno Faust US $6.99 [0 bids]
FREESTYLE 12" Collage-i can make u feel VIPER;RARE;1995;MINT;LISTEN!! US $9.99 [0 bids]
Johnny Nash (1972) "I Can See Clearly Now & How Good It Is" on Epic # 5-10902... US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Elvis Presley "50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong" US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Can't Take Me Home by P!nk (CD, Apr-2000, LaFace) US $0.99 [0 bids]
LAWRENCE WELK - The Beat Goes On / Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye - 1967 US $4.95 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Beale Street Sheiks - Chicken You Can Roost Behind The Moon Italy 2010 Mint US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m
CHRIS ISAAK Can't Do a Thing (To Stop Me) PROMO PICTURE CD U.S. 1993 Single US $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 19m
RAY CHARLES 7" 45 "I CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU" #1 5wks 1962 b/w "BORN TO LOSE" NM US $3.99 [1 bids]
KEN GRIFFIN w JARRY WAYNE You can't be true dear/Doodle doo do 78 rpm RONDO 228 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Juice Newton "Can't Wait All Night" US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Only Love Can Break Your Heart Altn.Love Anthems New US $2.78 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Jimmy Robins I made it over/I can't please you 7" vinyl Jerhart 2016 US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
(AL83) Mickey Gang, Horses Can't Dance - DJ CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Peabo Bryson Can You Stop The Rain CD Promo US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Can - Sacrilege - Mute 1997 U.S. PROMO 2 cds - RARE! US $15.98 Buy It Now 1h 25m
(CM885) The Junipers, Gordie Can't Swim - 2008 DJ CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Can't Hide Country, Hali Hicks, Good US $7.84 Buy It Now 1h 27m
ROLLING STONES (I CAN'T GET NO) SATISFACTION 7" UK SINGLE RARE US $13.00 [0 bids]
Edward R. Murrow - Vinyl Records - "I Can Here It Now" 1919-1949 Archives NM US $74.95 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Rare hip hop record. Royal Flush- Can't live without you/Angel Dust US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Can Anthology ratings distribution

CAN Can Anthology reviews

Review by fuxi
5 stars It's testimony to Prog Archives' generous spirit that Can's collected works (and hundreds of other Krautrock artifacts) are included in the site. For this music is as different from the 'Look at me, I'm a virtuoso!' excursions by the likes of Keith Emerson or Chris Squire as it is possible to get. Indeed, it is claimed (in the Rough Guide to Rock, no less!) that in any given Can composition bassist Holger Czukay simply keeps repeating the same two notes over and over again. I haven't checked if this is true, but it certainly seems that way, and yet his bass playing is delightful. In fact, all of the pieces in this collection are immensely lovable.

Let me come clean: this is the only Can album I possess, and I've never heard any other. Still, Prog Archives experts seem to agree that this double CD is a decent representation of the band's career, so I've got no qualms about recommending it to you.

There are two reasons why I've decided to award this album five stars. First of all, I really love this music. It was recommended to me by one of my best friends, it's full of variety, and whenever I put it on, I feel great. Secondly, the more I play this, the more I'm amazed by its historic significance. If Can had been a British or a North American band, you would see their name in poll after poll of the most influential rock bands ever. No doubt about it. Listen to this music, and track after track (most of the material was recorded BEFORE 1975!) will remind you of Bowie's LOW, of the Talking Heads' REMAIN IN LIGHT (minus the hysterical vocals), of New Order, David Sylvian etc. ... all the way up to present-day bands like Gorillaz.

I recently read an article which gave the impression that David Byrne and Peter Gabriel invented so-called World Music, but that's nonsense, because Can were at it at least a full decade earlier, using African rhythms and Middle Eastern harmonies with grace and total ease. (Of course you could maintain that 'World Music' started more than two thousand years ago, when both China and Europe were transformed by string instruments which originated in the Middle East.)

This collection is full of gentle undulating melodies, weird nursery rhymes, irresistible grooves and comic recitations... On the second disc, there's even a brief parody of Japanese noh theatre chanting. Altogether, it's unmistakably a masterpiece.

Send comments to fuxi (BETA) | Report this review (#127523) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 04, 2007

4 stars Well like some of you i'm not really into songs so much as I am into albums. So anthologies or "Best Of" recordings aren't that appealing to me. Heck I have an I-Pod that I got a year and half ago still in it's box. One day i'll get around to that but that's just my mind-set I guess. There are some advantages to owning this two disc anthology because i'm not a completist so most of disc two is new to me. Also the info in the liner notes is so comprehensive, i'm very impressed. All the albums are listed with pictures of the corresponding covers and song titles. Lots of pictures including a priceless one of Damo and Malcom together smiling for the camera. Okay Malcom isn't smiling (haha). There's a little blurb on each album and inside where the song titles are for this two disc affair they even tell us what album each track comes from. Man for someone new to the band this would be all so invaluable.

Disc one is filled with their more well known numbers as we get music from "Monster Movie" straight through to "Soon Over Babaluma" but skipping "Future Days" which appears on disc two. I wouldn't even know where to start or end in picking my favourites from this bunch. Classic stuff.

Disc two begins with a track from "Can Delay" and it's a good one in "Uphill" with Malcom on vocals. "Mother Upduff" is next and I love this one too. This song and the four to follow are from "Unlimited Edition". One song from "Landed" followed by two from "Future Days" in the title track and "Moonshake". We get two tracks from "Flow Motion" , "Saw Delight" and "Rite Time" with the latter one having Malcom back on vocals. One from "Can" and it ends with a song from a soundtrack.

So we get about 2 1/2 hours of CAN music that spans their careers plus lots of good information and pictures. A low 4 stars for me but it's worth the rating.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#803930) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 13, 2012

5 stars CAN's CONDENSED SOUP Anthology is a two-disc collection of Can's groundbreaking music, whose early experimental Rock music in the 1970's was highly influential on many bands that followed. The music is not presented in strict chronological order, but rather split between early-period and latter ... (read more)

Report this review (#218115) | Posted by catfood03 | Sunday, May 24, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Can Anthology"