CAN ANTHOLOGY

Can Can Anthology album cover

Buy CAN Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1994

Disc 1: (75:11)
1. Father Cannot Yell (7:05)
2. Soup (3:03)
3. Mother Sky (6:41)
4. She Brings The Rain (4:07)
5. Mushroom (4:31)
6. One More Night (5:37)
7. Outside My Door (4:11)
8. Spoon (3:09)
9. Halleluwah (5:39)
10. Aumgn (7:18)
11. Dizzy Dizzy (3:30)
12. Yoo Doo Right (20:20)

Disc 2: (74:20)
11. I Want More (3:30)
12. Animal Waves (8:09)
13. Don't Say No (6:35)
14. Aspectacle (3:06)
15. Below This Level (3:13)
16. Hoolah Hoolah (3:31)
17. Last Night Sleep (3:35)

Search CAN Can Anthology lyrics

Search CAN Can Anthology tabs

- Holger Czucay / bass, vocal all titles except Disc 2: 17 and Disc 1: 11, 13
- Micheal Karoli / guitar all titles, violins Disc 1: 11, Disc 2: 7,10,12, vocal Disc 1: 11 Disc 2: 7,10,11,13,15,16,17
- Jaki Liebezeit / drums, vocal all titles Disc 1: 11,13
- Irmin Schmidt / keyboards, vocal all titles, Disc 1: 10, Disc 2: 11,13
- Damo Suzuki / vocal Disc 1: 2,3,5,6,7,9,10, Disc 2: 3,5,6,8,9
- Malcolm Mooney / vocal Disc 1: 1,4,7,12, Disc 2: 1,2,15,16,17
- Rosko Gee / bass, vocal Disc 2: 12,14 Disc 2: 13
- Reebop Kwaku Baah / percussion, vocal Disc 1: 12,13

CD-Spoon records

and to frenchie for the last updates

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Can Anthology Music

Remastered
Mute 2012
Monster MovieMonster Movie
Vinyl$17.49
Can't Buy Me Love The Beatles single vinyl record Parlophone Lennon McCartney 64 US $14.89 Buy It Now 29m 49s
Orange Juice - You Can't Hide Your Love Forever - 1998 UK REMASTERED BONUS TRKS! US $39.99 Buy It Now 30m 3s
KITES 10Tk CD Album Royal Paint With The Metallic Gardener From USA Can't 2004 US $6.44 Buy It Now 36m 22s
Trashcan Sinatras (Trash Can Sinatras) - In The Music - Orig 2009 UK CD Like NEW US $24.99 Buy It Now 38m 10s
Saint Etienne - Only Love Can Break Your Heart - 1991 UK CD - Heavenly - HVN12CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 38m 10s
*listen* AL HUDSON - YOU CAN DO IT 12" CLASSIC 1979 US $4.81 Buy It Now 43m 6s
Nurse With Wound - Who Can I Turn To Stereo - UD 049CD - ORIG 1996 UK CD US $49.49 Buy It Now 44m 36s
Trash Can Sinatras - Fez - Orig 2005 UK CD - Picnic Records - RARE, OOP US $49.99 Buy It Now 44m 36s
Lou Reed_Sally Can't Dance_used VINYL LP_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $87.54 Buy It Now 48m 51s
JAMES BROWN JAPANESE MINI LP CD! "I CAN'T STAND MYSELF"!!! US $17.99 [2 bids]
50m 16s
Zutons - You Can Do Anything (CD 2008) US $9.66 Buy It Now 51m 11s
John Mellencamp Cd album - The Best I Can Do US $6.99 Buy It Now 51m 44s
BEE GEES "HOW CAN YOU MEND A BROKEN HEART" ORIGINAL SHEET MUSIC FROM 1971 US $13.09 [0 bids]
52m 35s
LL COOL J- I Can't Live Without My Radio 7" (1986 Hip-Hop) DEF JAM Classic 80s US $12.72 Buy It Now 52m 38s
PHIL COLLINS you can't harry love JAPAN 7" P-1736 kR4 US $8.99 Buy It Now 52m 50s
girltalk- can the rhythm 7" shaped picture disc VG+ US $6.42 Buy It Now 53m 41s
10CC - Dreadlock Holiday / NOTHING CAN MOVE ME 6008 035 7" VINYL RECORD EX 31 US $16.08 Buy It Now 57m 25s
ARCHITECTURE IN HELSINKI - MAYBE YOU CAN OWE ME - 7" VINYL SINGLE - MINT US $4.81 Buy It Now 59m 11s
Into the Labyrinth by Dead Can Dance (CD, Sep-1993, 4AD (USA)) US $0.50 [0 bids]
1h
Can-I-Bus [PA] by Canibus (CD, Sep-2000, Universal Distribution) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
LOS LOBOS TIN CAN TRUST US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
JOHNNY CASH SUN Hey Good Looking, I Can't Win EPA-111 45 Orig Rockabilly US $49.99 [0 bids]
I Can't Make You Love Me, Raitt, Bonnie, Good Single US $5.10 Buy It Now 1h 8m
CAN 'Out Of Reach' Limited Edition 180g Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED US $17.50 Buy It Now 1h 9m
PHINESSE I CAN'T WAIT * CD SINGLE * US $7.87 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Vintage OFF SPRING Records CAN YOU DANCE THE POLKA? & CLAP YOUR HANDS 45 RPM US $5.99 [0 bids]
Bryan Adams - Can't Stop This US $26.16 Buy It Now 1h 12m
MADONNA YOU CAN DANCE RARE AUSSIE CASSETTE TAPE! US $13.13 Buy It Now 1h 15m
SAXON UK 1988 AUTOGRAPHED Pouch Pack 7" Single I Can't Wait Anymore LOW NUMBER US $40.23 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Some People Can Do What They Like + Double Fun US $17.64 Buy It Now 1h 15m
We Can't Dance by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD, Nov-1991, Atlantic (Label)) US $0.01 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Cant buy me love / You can't do that Parlophone R5114 Classic US $16.08 Buy It Now 1h 18m
I Just Can't Stop It - English Beat US $9.03 Buy It Now 1h 20m
COM TRUISE In Decay 2x LP NEW COLORED VINYL Ghostly International Boards Of Can US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
STRONG INTENTION What Else Can We Do LP new six weeks US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
BILLY SWAN 70's sheet music- I CAN HELP US $19.32 Buy It Now 1h 24m
45 rpm - JOE STAMPLEY of The Uniques: CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW I FEEL /HOW LUCKY mint US $5.50 Buy It Now 1h 25m
GARY GLITTER- 7"Single-Love In The Sun/I Can Hear Music, EX+ US $9.64 Buy It Now 1h 26m
VARIOUS You can all join in Island IWP 2 pink island Rare 1969 orig Nirvana, Art US $32.18 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Red Beans & Rice : Can T Get Enough CD US $8.02 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Taylor Dayne - Can't Get Enough Of Your Love - Scarce Mint Cd Single US $5.63 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Zappa/Mothers You Can't Do That On Stage Sampler D1 74213 Vinyl LP Gatefold VG++ US $18.00 [0 bids]
ALBERT KING...I CAN'T HEAR NOTHING BUT THE BLUES...STAX-45 US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Audio CD - Phil Collins: Both Sides - Can't Turn Back The Years - Everyday US $11.95 Buy It Now 1h 32m
VIRGIL GRIFFIN Reginald IF YOU CAN'T GO DON'T HINDER ME US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 32m
GLORIA GAYNOR NEVER CAN SAY GOODBYE 2006463 7" VINYL RECORD VG 31 US $3.69 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Things Can Only Get Better: The Very Best Of US $8.47 Buy It Now 1h 35m
The Police / Can`t Stand Losing You / Picture & Shaped Disc US $6.42 [1 bids]
78 Teddy Wilson, Stompin at the Savoy I Can't Get Started, 1945, Musicraft 332 US $7.49 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Lee Dorsey - Funky As I Can Be! [CD New] US $10.94 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Fuchs/Reiner/Proto/Misek - Bass! How Low Can You Go? [CD New] US $14.22 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Johnny Nash ?- I Can See Clearly Now (White Label Remix) US $3.20 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Tony Bennett The Shadow Of Your Smile/Who Can I Turn To 45 Lp US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop CD PROMO 2002 US $21.24 Buy It Now 1h 42m
SUZI QUATRO can the can JAPAN 7" EOR-10404 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Jerry_Butler_Hey,_Western_Union_Man_&_Just_Can't_Forget_About_You_45_rpm_1968 US $4.75 [0 bids]
Flo Rida - Club Can't Handle Me Feat. David Guetta [Vinyl New] US $9.66 Buy It Now 1h 43m
THE BROKEN WEST - I CAN'T GO ON, I'LL GO ON - NEW CD US $13.82 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Dean Martin I Can't Give You Anything But Love Vinyl Record Album US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Tammy Wynette(Vinyl LP)Till I Can Make It My Own-Epic-EPC 81182-UK-VG+/VG US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
James Brown(7" Vinyl)I Can't Stand Myself / There Was A Time--COL 4407-US-VG/NM US $18.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Phil Collins - Can't Stop Loving You CD ONE TRACK SINGLE 2002 US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Luther - Can Heaven Wait 2LP US 2001 US $7.64 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Rare 45 DJ Record Only MGM John Andrea - (Just Can't) Let It Ride US $4.99 [0 bids]
Status Quo: If You Can't Stand The Heat - {1978} RARE Cassette US $5.69 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Elvis Presley 50.000,000 Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong Music Cassette RCA Label US $17.77 Buy It Now 1h 57m
ARTHUR PRYSOCK YOU CAN DO IT 7" US $24.13 Buy It Now 1h 58m
THE BEATLES Day tripper / We can work it out Parlophone R51389 Classic 60's pop US $16.08 Buy It Now 1h 58m
ARTHUR PRYSOCK YOU CAN DO IT 7" US $8.03 Buy It Now 2h
HOWARD JONES - Things Can Only Get Better - Excellent Con 7" Single WEA HOW 6 US $6.39 Buy It Now 2h 3m
LONNIE RUSS- 4J Records 501- MY WIFE CAN'T COOK/ SOMETHING OLD,SOMETHING NEW US $0.99 [0 bids]
Bad Company(7" Vinyl)Can't Get Enough-Island-WIP 6191-UK-VG/NM US $10.99 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Bad Company(7" Vinyl)Can't Get Enough-Island-WIP 6191-UK-VG/NM US $8.03 Buy It Now 2h 4m
RAINBOW - Can't Let You Go 7" Blackmore DEEP PURPLE DIO LED ZEPPELIN US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Sonia - Everybody Knows PWL Hits CD Can`t Forget,End Of World 80s Pete Waterman US $7.23 Buy It Now 2h 6m
VERY RARE SOUL/FUNK- Ella Washington - Doing The Best I Can - 1969 SOUND STAGE 7 US $11.25 Buy It Now 2h 6m
The Zutons - You Can Do Anything (2008) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $3.33 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Miley Cyrus Can't Be Tamed Delux Edition CD US $7.00 [0 bids]
THE BEACH BOYS..I CAN HEAR MUSIC..EXCELLENT 1969 CAPITOL RECORDS POP 7" CL 15584 US $6.42 Buy It Now 2h 13m
JOHNNY NASH - I Can See Clearly Now [2011 BBR CD Remaster + 2 Bonus Tracks] US $11.19 Buy It Now 2h 14m
CRAIG ROBERTSON-CAN WE TRY AGAIN/GIVE AS GOOD AS YOU GET-SIGNED-45 RPM 7" PC US $8.71 Buy It Now 2h 15m
BARRY MANILOW - 45 VINYL RECORD - CAN'T SMILE WITHOUT YOU US $3.41 Buy It Now 2h 15m
AMBROSIA - HOW CAN YOU LOVE ME - 7" PICTURE DISC US $6.42 Buy It Now 2h 17m
U2 cassette album -All That You Can't Leave (rare Indonesian import) US $11.37 Buy It Now 2h 18m
WAR - Why Can't We Be Friends? CD 1992 Avenue / Rhino - NEW SEALED MINT US $37.00 Buy It Now 2h 18m
KYLIE Can't Get You Out Of My Head 4-Track (CD Single 2001) Inc Video US $4.81 Buy It Now 2h 20m
Queensryche - Best I Can - 7" Vinyl Single in Picture Sleeve US $6.44 Buy It Now 2h 20m
I can see clearly now - Johnny Nash - 45 RPM Single US $1.59 [0 bids]
The Cranberries - Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? (1994) US $3.20 [0 bids]
Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Can't Wait To Be With You - CD Single 1993 - Ex US $0.02 [0 bids]
Ronnie Dyson - Why Can't I Touch You 1970 M- US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Heart "How Can I Refuse" Terrific Oz PROMO 7" US $10.51 Buy It Now 2h 21m
MADONNA YOU CAN DANCE UNIQUE 1987 EXYU CASSETTE TAPE US $20.49 Buy It Now 2h 24m
THE TEMPTATIONS - 70's Sheet Music - I CAN'T GET NEXT TO YOU US $22.54 Buy It Now 2h 25m
I Can't Hear U When U Shout, Stewart Curtis' K-Groove, Good CD US $4.38 Buy It Now 2h 25m
People in Planes : As Far As the Eye Can See CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
RONNIE McNEIR & INSTANT GROOVE-JUST CAN'T LET YOU GO.. US $11.25 Buy It Now 2h 26m
HOLLAND-DOZIER-HOLLAND - CAN'T GET ENOUGH..US.INVICTUS US $8.03 Buy It Now 2h 26m
CALVIN LEAVY-GIVE ME A LOVE(THAT I CAN FEEL)..US.SOUL B US $40.23 Buy It Now 2h 26m
ARTHUR PRYSOCK - YOU CAN DO IT..US.OLD TOWN US $9.64 Buy It Now 2h 26m

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Can Anthology ratings distribution

CAN Can Anthology reviews

Review by fuxi
5 stars It's testimony to Prog Archives' generous spirit that Can's collected works (and hundreds of other Krautrock artifacts) are included in the site. For this music is as different from the 'Look at me, I'm a virtuoso!' excursions by the likes of Keith Emerson or Chris Squire as it is possible to get. Indeed, it is claimed (in the Rough Guide to Rock, no less!) that in any given Can composition bassist Holger Czukay simply keeps repeating the same two notes over and over again. I haven't checked if this is true, but it certainly seems that way, and yet his bass playing is delightful. In fact, all of the pieces in this collection are immensely lovable.

Let me come clean: this is the only Can album I possess, and I've never heard any other. Still, Prog Archives experts seem to agree that this double CD is a decent representation of the band's career, so I've got no qualms about recommending it to you.

There are two reasons why I've decided to award this album five stars. First of all, I really love this music. It was recommended to me by one of my best friends, it's full of variety, and whenever I put it on, I feel great. Secondly, the more I play this, the more I'm amazed by its historic significance. If Can had been a British or a North American band, you would see their name in poll after poll of the most influential rock bands ever. No doubt about it. Listen to this music, and track after track (most of the material was recorded BEFORE 1975!) will remind you of Bowie's LOW, of the Talking Heads' REMAIN IN LIGHT (minus the hysterical vocals), of New Order, David Sylvian etc. ... all the way up to present-day bands like Gorillaz.

I recently read an article which gave the impression that David Byrne and Peter Gabriel invented so-called World Music, but that's nonsense, because Can were at it at least a full decade earlier, using African rhythms and Middle Eastern harmonies with grace and total ease. (Of course you could maintain that 'World Music' started more than two thousand years ago, when both China and Europe were transformed by string instruments which originated in the Middle East.)

This collection is full of gentle undulating melodies, weird nursery rhymes, irresistible grooves and comic recitations... On the second disc, there's even a brief parody of Japanese noh theatre chanting. Altogether, it's unmistakably a masterpiece.

Send comments to fuxi (BETA) | Report this review (#127523) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 04, 2007

4 stars Well like some of you i'm not really into songs so much as I am into albums. So anthologies or "Best Of" recordings aren't that appealing to me. Heck I have an I-Pod that I got a year and half ago still in it's box. One day i'll get around to that but that's just my mind-set I guess. There are some advantages to owning this two disc anthology because i'm not a completist so most of disc two is new to me. Also the info in the liner notes is so comprehensive, i'm very impressed. All the albums are listed with pictures of the corresponding covers and song titles. Lots of pictures including a priceless one of Damo and Malcom together smiling for the camera. Okay Malcom isn't smiling (haha). There's a little blurb on each album and inside where the song titles are for this two disc affair they even tell us what album each track comes from. Man for someone new to the band this would be all so invaluable.

Disc one is filled with their more well known numbers as we get music from "Monster Movie" straight through to "Soon Over Babaluma" but skipping "Future Days" which appears on disc two. I wouldn't even know where to start or end in picking my favourites from this bunch. Classic stuff.

Disc two begins with a track from "Can Delay" and it's a good one in "Uphill" with Malcom on vocals. "Mother Upduff" is next and I love this one too. This song and the four to follow are from "Unlimited Edition". One song from "Landed" followed by two from "Future Days" in the title track and "Moonshake". We get two tracks from "Flow Motion" , "Saw Delight" and "Rite Time" with the latter one having Malcom back on vocals. One from "Can" and it ends with a song from a soundtrack.

So we get about 2 1/2 hours of CAN music that spans their careers plus lots of good information and pictures. A low 4 stars for me but it's worth the rating.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#803930) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 13, 2012

5 stars CAN's CONDENSED SOUP Anthology is a two-disc collection of Can's groundbreaking music, whose early experimental Rock music in the 1970's was highly influential on many bands that followed. The music is not presented in strict chronological order, but rather split between early-period and latter ... (read more)

Report this review (#218115) | Posted by catfood03 | Sunday, May 24, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Can Anthology"