BOX MUSIC (LIVE 1971-1977)

Can

3. Karoli, Czusay, Liebezeit,
Schmidt, Suzuki / CD 2/1, 3

2 Box set CD-Spoon records

and to clarke2001 for the last updates

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Box Music (Live 1971-1977) Music

Vinyl$17.49
Soon Over BabalunaSoon Over Babaluna
Mute 2009
-How Can I Keep From Singing, V CD NEW US $17.42 Buy It Now 30m 34s
KUBELIK RAFAEL-SLAVONIC DANCES/OVT CARNIVAL (CAN) CD NEW US $16.92 Buy It Now 30m 48s
I CAN`T BE SATISFIED 1 / VA...-Early American Women Blues Sin CD NEW US $17.42 Buy It Now 30m 51s
TAYLOR DAYNE / CAN`T FIGHT FATE US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 54s
Rodeo Ruby Love-What Loneliness Can Do To Yo CD NEW US $9.64 Buy It Now 31m 30s
Dreamhouse - Jump & Prance / I Can Feel It 12" 1990 House Pal Joey US $4.90 [0 bids]
34m 46s
RAY CHARLES-I CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU JAPAN 7" 1962 Compact EP 17P-5 US $18.00 Buy It Now 35m 21s
Antwaun Stanley - I Can Do Anything CD US $17.37 Buy It Now 39m 12s
West End Motel - Only Time Can Tell CD US $15.40 Buy It Now 39m 21s
J.S. Bach - Coffee Cantata/Peasant Cantata CD ANALEKTA (CAN) US $20.47 Buy It Now 39m 26s
FOUR TOPS - CAN'T HELP MYSELF / SAME OLD SONG - TAMLA MOTOWN - TMG1120 US $2.01 [1 bids]
39m 49s
JOHN LEE & GERRY BROWN-STILL CAN'T SAY ENOUGH-JAPAN CD B50 US $14.50 Buy It Now 39m 53s
ASHTON,GARDNER,DYKE&CO.-CAN YOU GET IT-JAPAN ISSUE PROMO WHITE LABEL 7" US $97.99 Buy It Now 41m 13s
KINGDOM COME "WHAT LOVE CAN BE" LTD ED GATEFOLD SLV 12" KXCG2 US $9.78 Buy It Now 41m 29s
HOLLIES i can't let go LP PS EX/EX MFP 50094 US $14.68 Buy It Now 44m 30s
John Scofield & Pat Metheny - I Can See Your House From Here JAPAN CD RARE #AL01 US $14.24 Buy It Now 45m 15s
TRIADS Now I Can Hold My Head Up High 7" NEW VINYL Numero Eccentric Soul Gimp US $7.99 Buy It Now 51m 26s
The VIBRANTS Looking For Someone / I Can't Let your Love Go OZ 45 US $13.53 Buy It Now 52m 57s
Freak Power - Can You Feel It? CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 53m 45s
U2 - All That You Can'T Leave Behind JAPAN CD+1Bonus #AL02 US $6.99 Buy It Now 58m 49s
Jimmy Holiday - How Can I Forget (2005) US $11.48 Buy It Now 59m 3s
R.E.M. CAN'T GET THERE FROM HERE 12 INCH VINYL 847 US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h
#THE McCOYS HANG ON SLOOPY / I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT 1965 IMOO1 US $3.18 [0 bids]
Soundtrack CAN'T STOP THE MUSIC Lp RECORD PROMO GATEFOLD VILLAGE PEOPLE US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Single Cassette Tape - UB40 - (I Can't Help) Falling in Love With You US $1.60 [0 bids]
SOUL 45 Billy Butler & The Chanters - I Can't Work No Longer LISTEN US $18.00 Buy It Now 1h 9m
THE ALAN BOWN WE CAN HELP YOU 7" EP PSYCHEDELIC ROCK PORTUGAL 60 s 1968 US $49.99 [1 bids]
BOB DYLAN RARITY - I CAN'T GET YOU OFF OF MY MIND - ON 'TIMELESS' TRIBUTE CD US $14.68 [0 bids]
MILEY CYRUS CAN'T BE TAMED CD ROMANIAN & BULGARIA EDITION US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
RAY DAHROUGE - I can see him makin' love to you baby - 1979 UK 2-track DJ PROMO US $38.75 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Kim Wilde Can't get enough (of your love) 12" US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Kim Wilde Catch as catch can Uk Lp US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Kim Wilde If I can't have you 3 mixes 12" US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Kim Wilde If I can't have you 3 mixes Uk 12" US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m
ANDREW GOLD 7" VINYL P/S HOW CAN THIS BE LOVE ASYLUM K 13126 EX US $6.94 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Serious Lee Fine - Nothing Can Stop Us (Cassette, 1989) Arista 8585 US $5.70 [0 bids]
Dish: I can hear (2013) Japan / CD & DVD & 4 CARDS TAIWAN SEALED US $17.69 Buy It Now 1h 23m
CNBLUE: Can't stop - 5th Mini Album (2014) CD & MAGNET & STANDING PAPER TAIWAN US $30.99 Buy It Now 1h 23m
MARVIN GAYE HOW CAN I FORGET RARE SWE-7" PS 1970 US $18.74 Buy It Now 1h 25m
FOUR SURE WE CAN SWING IT CD BRAND NEW US $27.10 Buy It Now 1h 26m
D REAM cassette single THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER US $4.88 Buy It Now 1h 26m
ALIAS More Than Words Can Say JAPAN 3"CD SINGLE 3 tracks TODP-2232 No Snap Pack US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Jennifer Love Hewitt - Can I Go Now 4 Track CD Single Incl Video US $5.38 Buy It Now 1h 27m
ANYTHING YOU CAN DO 60's Sheet music WORDS AND MUSIC BY IRVING BERLIN US $13.06 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Eurogliders picture sleeve single- Can't Wait To See You US $4.51 Buy It Now 1h 33m
NORTHERN PAUL ANKA-I CAN'T HELP LOVING YOU plus WHEN WE GET THERE-OOTP-Pressing US $3.25 [0 bids]
Klaus Schulze Timewind vinyl LP '75 prog CAROLINE UK kraut faust can neu cluster US $39.00 Buy It Now 1h 35m
SANDSTONE Can You Mend A Silver Thread? 1st EVER REIS RARE US FOLK-PSYCH LP 1971 US $30.00 Buy It Now 1h 35m
JIM NESBIT Tiger in my tank / I can't stand this living alone Vocalion 9241 Demo US $32.63 Buy It Now 1h 36m
You Can Dance, Madonna, New US $11.50 Buy It Now 1h 37m
TRASH The ROOTS Of PUNK Mojo IGGY POP T.Rex NEW YORK DOLLS Hawkwind, Can, Jook US $6.59 [0 bids]
JOHNNIE HUMBIRD rare promo 45rpm Where Is Your Conscience/I Can't Help Wondering US $6.59 [0 bids]
The Roots Of The Sex Pistols Mojo CD MC5 Runaways Modern Lovers Can Count Five US $6.59 [0 bids]
Raindrops - Kind Of Boy You Can't Forget [CD New] US $6.61 Buy It Now 1h 38m
What Love Can Do [CD New] US $16.63 Buy It Now 1h 38m
MADONNA You Can Dance LP 1987 US $13.56 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Swamp Dogg - Give Em' As Little As You Can [CD New] US $9.03 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Music You Can't Get Out of Your Head - Pdq Bach New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $21.15 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Carlos Guitarlos - Hell Can Wait US $7.50 [0 bids]
London D.C* - Can U Feel The Beat 12" US $4.90 Buy It Now 1h 46m
NINO & APRIL - 7"Single - Put It Where You Want It/I Can't Get Over You Baby US $13.04 Buy It Now 1h 46m
M.C A.D.E. MC ADE How Much Can You Take Rare hip hop tape 4-Sight Label US $7.72 [0 bids]
CAN - FLOW MOTION [REMASTERED] - NEW CD US $7.89 Buy It Now 1h 47m
MARK LIND - THE TRUTH CAN BE BRUTAL * - NEW CD US $11.09 Buy It Now 1h 48m
MICHAEL JACKSON - I Just Can't Stop Loving You - 1987 US $40.81 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Eko Eko "Powderworks" single- I Can't take The Hurt / Are You There US $9.04 Buy It Now 1h 52m
ECHOBELLY I Can't Imagine The World Without Me CD 1994 LOW SHIPPING 3.00 US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Christine Lavin cd Good Thing He Can't Read My Mind US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Howard Jones - Things Can Only Get Better 1985 7" Ex WEA HOW6 US $6.51 Buy It Now 1h 54m
CAN'T LOOK AWAY - NEW CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 56m
No One Can Do It Better [PA] by The D.O.C. (CD, Jul-1989, Ruthless Records) US $13.60 Buy It Now 1h 58m
You Can Dance * NEW * Free Priority Shipping US $12.07 Buy It Now 1h 58m
A Fever You Can't Sweat Out by Panic! At the Disco (CD, Sep-2005, Fueled by... US $10.88 Buy It Now 1h 58m
Can't Slow Down [1-CD] by Foreigner (CD, May-2010, Atlantic (Label)) US $11.90 Buy It Now 1h 58m
This World Won't Last Forever, But Tonight We Can Pretend * by Matt Hires... US $13.77 Buy It Now 1h 59m
Tyrone Ashley - Can't Stay Away - Truth US $19.59 Buy It Now 1h 59m
Donnie Elbert - You Can Push It / Lily Lou - Sue Wl 396 US $122.43 Buy It Now 1h 59m
FRANKIE VALLI sheet music CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU US $22.85 Buy It Now 2h 3m
DEADLY SINS/78 EDITS - I Can't Forget - 7" US $16.72 Buy It Now 2h 4m
POP WILL EAT ITSELF - CAN U DIG IT? 7" ORANGE VINYL US $4.88 Buy It Now 2h 6m
AUBREY GHENT - CAN'T NOBODY DO ME LIKE JESUS: SACRED STEEL, VOL. 4 - NEW CD US $12.39 Buy It Now 2h 8m
StoneBridge - Can't Get Enough (2005) 20 US $6.84 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Beatles 45 RPM Record-Can't Buy Buy Me Love US $3.00 [0 bids]
Beatles 45 RPM Record-We Can Work It Out US $2.50 [0 bids]
Beatles 45 RPM Record-We Can Work It Out US $2.50 [0 bids]
Bee Gees 45 RPM Records-How Can You Mend A Broken Heart US $1.00 [1 bids]
Eric Clapton 45 RPM Record-I Can't Stand It US $1.00 [0 bids]
BOYS TOWN GANG Can't Take My Eyes Off You 7" Single Vinyl Record ERC 1982 EX US $9.78 Buy It Now 2h 21m
BOYS TOWN GANG Can't Take My Eyes Off You 7" Vinyl Record 45rpm ERC 1982 EX US $9.78 Buy It Now 2h 21m
JOE COCKER -- I can stand a little rain -- 1974 LP release US $4.00 Buy It Now 2h 22m
BUCKS FIZZ If You Can't Stand The Heat 7" Single Vinyl Record 45rpm RCA 1982 US $9.78 Buy It Now 2h 22m
JUDY BOUCHER Can't Be With You Tonight 7" Single Vinyl Record Orbitone 1986 EX US $9.78 Buy It Now 2h 23m
CNBLUE - CAN'T STOP [5TH MINI ALBUM] CD + UNFOLD POSTER $2.99 S&H K-POP US $23.99 Buy It Now 2h 23m
WIDEAWAKE - SOMETHING THAT WE CAN'T LET GO - 2008 CD NEW US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
BARRY WHITE_Can't Get Enough_used cassette_ships from AUSTRALIA!_P2 US $10.86 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Jesse James - I Can Feel Your - Midtown US $48.97 Buy It Now 2h 30m
UFO 7" RED VINYL P/S ONLY YOU CAN ROCK ME / CHERRY EX US $9.71 Buy It Now 2h 30m
John Lee & Gerry Brown LP Still Can't Say Enough BlueNote 1976 US $2.50 [0 bids]
(EM821) Dekata Project, At Least We Can Dance (remixes) - DJ CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 2h 33m
Can't Slow Down, Foreigner, New US $11.50 Buy It Now 2h 33m

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Box Music (Live 1971-1977) ratings distribution

CAN Box Music (Live 1971-1977) reviews

Review by Syzygy
3 stars 3.5 stars

It's odd that Can never released a live album in their 1970s heyday - this was a band famous for both rearranging existing material and 'spontaneous composition' on stage, and their performances have achieved a kind of semi legendary status over the years. This double CD was assembled from unofficial recordings for the release of a package that also contained an autobiographical book and a video - the Can Box - and features performances from 1972-1977.

Three different line ups are represented here, with the post Damo Suzuki quartet dominating the proceedings and the early version with Malcolm Mooney not featuring at all. Most of the recordings are from UK concerts, with a couple from Germany, and there is a good mix of improvisation and well known album tracks. There is also some blurring of the boundaries; the composed material is reinterpreted, sometimes quite radically, while the improvisations sometimes contain recognisable fragments of album tracks and the 37 minute Colchester Finale (the only track to feature Damo Suzuki) gradually morphs into a thunderous reading of Halleluwah.

This is really one for the fans .The sound quality is rarely better than adequate, but the performances are often incendiary, and all the elements that Can fans know and love are present and correct - Liebezeit's metronomic drumming, Czukay's minmalist bass lines, Karoli's gypsy-blues-raga guitar and Schmidt's washes of keyboard textures, with Damo Suzuki and Rosko Gee adding their own seasoning to the stew where they're featured. Vital for Krautrock afficianados, but newcomers would do better to start with one of the early studio albums.

Send comments to Syzygy (BETA) | Report this review (#134167) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Review by stefro
5 stars Crammed with over two hours worth of Can performing during their peak years this selection of live cuts shows just what a dazzlingly inventive outfit the German free-form pioneers could be outside of their natural studio habitat. Like many innovative groups of the 1960's and 1970's Can live were a remarkably different beast from their studio persona, many of the tracks captured on this two-disc compilation either completely unrecognisable from their original album form or simply the result of some impromptu jams between the five members. With the sonic shackles of the studio well-and-truly disposed of, this raw and powerful approach is best exemplified by the utterly extraordinary 'Colchester Finale', a fuzzy, dizzy, relentless thirty-seven minute long abstract masterpiece that brings to mind - and also surpasses - the thunderous invention of 'Tago Mago'. Recorded at the now defunct Essex University campus during the British leg of 1972's European tour, 'Colchester Finale' is, simply put, an experience like no other, a performance which - much like the rest of album's eight tracks - manages to showcase almost everything that makes Can such a pioneering outfit. This is essential listening for any serious krautrock fan, with tracks such as 'Jynx', 'Cascade Waltz' and 'Spoon' - from the album 'Ege Bamyasi' and possibly the track which resembles it's studio version the most - revealing a dynamic new view of Can's highly expressive music. Hopefully, the future will bring much more live material from this most unique of collectives.

STEFAN TURNER, STOKE NEWINGTON, 2012

Send comments to stefro (BETA) | Report this review (#652571) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 10, 2012

4 stars Hard to believe that this was the first official release of concert performances by CAN. These are taken from concerts at various venues from February of 1972 to March of 1977. Of course the "Peel Sessions" were released four years before this but these were shows that were done specifically for John Peel's radio program between 1973 to 1975. Both of these are posthumous releases from 1995 and 1999 respectively. The sound quality here is acceptable and actually suits the music most of the time because this is raw, hypnotic and experimental stuff. We get two discs of music worth about 2 hours in total.

Disc one begins with "Jynx" an over 16 minute track from 1975. It's fairly experimental for about 2 minutes then they eventually get into this groove. Some nice guitar after 5 minutes. A calm around 11 minutes with spacey keys as they continue to jam. "Dizzy Dizzy" also from 1975 has this steady beat with the organ and guitar standing out. Vocals 3 1/2 minutes in but they are brief. "Vernal Equinox" is from the exact same concert as the previous track. Piano to start then drums take over followed by guitar. Great sound 10 minutes in as the drums pound and the guitar grinds away.

"Fizz" from 1977 is trippy but then starts to build but settles back just as fast. "Yoo Doo Right" from 1975 has some vocals from Damo but they are surprisingly brief. It does pick up and the guitar is making lots of noise. "Cascade Waltz" is easily my least favourite but it's only 5 minutes long. Recorded in 1977 this comes across as lightweight and somewhat whimsical.

Disc two has only three tracks on it including the almost 40 minute opener "Colchestor Finale" from 1972. Lots of jamming here and check out the guitar after 10 minutes. It calms down and vocals arrive before 15 minutes. Insanity late to end it. "Kata Kong" from 1975 is a trippy, underground sounding tune while the closer "Spoon" from 1972 is uptempo with a beat and vocals as the crowd cheers.

CAN was a band who flew by the seat of their pants never knowing in what direction each concert would take them as they loved to improvize and make music based on their surroundings at the time. A low 4 stars but a piece of CAN history that many a fanboy would call essential.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#860468) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 16, 2012

Post a review of CAN "Box Music (Live 1971-1977)"