BOX MUSIC (LIVE 1971-1977)

Can

3. Karoli, Czusay, Liebezeit,
Schmidt, Suzuki / CD 2/1, 3

2 Box set CD-Spoon records

and to clarke2001 for the last updates

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Box Music (Live 1971-1977) Music

Vinyl$21.74
Future DaysFuture Days
Mute U.S. 2014
Vinyl$20.98
MADONNA - THE FIRST ALBUM + YOU CAN DANCE CASSETTE Set - 2 Classic Tape US $6.40 [1 bids]
29m 46s
The JACKSONS Can you feel it (7" Japan - 1980) US $60.00 Buy It Now 30m 24s
Rock 45 The Mc Coys - Hang On Sloopy / I Can On Bang Records US $5.00 Buy It Now 31m 58s
Rock 45 The Music Explosion - Sunshine Games / Can'T Stop Now On Laurie Records US $5.00 Buy It Now 31m 58s
Rock 45 The Young Rascals - I'M So Happy Now / How Can I Be Sure On Atlantic US $5.00 Buy It Now 31m 58s
Rock 45 Three Dog Night - I Can Hear You Calling / Joy To The World On Abc Recor US $5.00 Buy It Now 31m 58s
45 RECORD SAM NEELY: IT'S A FINE MORNING, YOU CAN HAVE HER US $1.85 Buy It Now 32m 11s
PET SHOP BOYS - WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME / HOW CAN - REMIXE US $3.19 [1 bids]
32m 16s
Brand New Heavies You Can Do It 12" Delicious Vinyl DV1232-1 1997 Vinyl US $9.99 Buy It Now 33m 18s
Melvin Endsley - I'll Get Even With You / Can I Say Something 45 Ex MGM promo US $3.00 [0 bids]
33m 23s
Iron Maiden Can I Play With Madness / The Evil That Men Do1990 rare ep EMI UK US $25.00 Buy It Now 33m 40s
THE RUMOURS - THE MIGHTY CAN FALL - NEW CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 33m 48s
45 RPM ABC Record Frankie Laine Sometimes I just can't stand you, Laura, What's US $0.75 [0 bids]
34m 12s
? Northern Soul/Deep - BETTY HARRIS - CAN'T LAST MUCH LONGER on SANSU - Hear ? US $2.60 [3 bids]
34m 47s
Maria Muldaur CD Yes We Can US $0.99 [0 bids]
34m 55s
The JACKSONS Can you feel it (7" Holland - 1980) US $50.00 Buy It Now 35m 8s
Charlie Rich Dance Of Love/I Can't Go On 45 RPM US $10.00 Buy It Now 35m 50s
Can't Slow Down - Lionel Richie - Motown 6059-ML US $8.99 [0 bids]
36m 4s
Virgin Records Dance Hits CD - All Nite - Janet Jackson, Can't Go On - Allie US $5.00 [0 bids]
36m 29s
Kenny Lynch - You Can Never Stop Me Loving You 7" US $6.42 Buy It Now 36m 35s
U2 - RARE All That You Can't Leave Behind&LIVE in New York -IRISH TIMES Promo EP US $10.12 [0 bids]
37m
Cal Roberts - All I Can Say (Northern Soul) US $29.99 [0 bids]
37m 8s
Northern Soul - Charles Diamond & Inspirations - No One Can Take Your Place - US US $128.42 [0 bids]
37m 18s
V/A You Can Taste That Something Special CD Less Than Jake HWM Unitas + FREE CD! US $3.53 [7 bids]
37m 21s
Utah Saints: What can you do for me 12" 12inch vinyl record single 2e US $2.25 Buy It Now 38m 13s
? Northern Soul - LOU COURTNEY - SKATE NOW/I CAN ALWAYS TELL on RIVERSIDE -Hear? US $1.70 [2 bids]
39m 29s
BIG FUN CAN'T SHAKE THE FEELING 7 INCH RECORD VINYL US $8.03 [0 bids]
40m 18s
THE DRIFTERS CAN I TAKE YOU HOME LITTLE GIRL 7 INCH RECORD VINYL US $8.03 [0 bids]
40m 18s
SHANICE WILSON ( BABY TELL ME ) CAN YOU DANCE 7IN RECORD VINYL US $8.03 [0 bids]
SAM BROWN CAN I GET A WITNESS 7 INCH RECORD VINYL US $8.03 [0 bids]
40m 18s
Sammy Davis Jr.No One Can Live Forever 7" Vinyl Single US $8.03 Buy It Now 40m 19s
Jason Donovan Nothing Can Divide Us 7" Vinyl P/S US $8.03 Buy It Now 40m 19s
Can't Be Wrong [Import] [Audio CD] Spin Doctors US $5.00 Buy It Now 40m 42s
RORY STORM & THE HURRICANES "I CAN TELL" STOMPIN' UK BEAT ON COLUMBIA (HEAR IT) US $68.00 Buy It Now 40m 48s
LORRAINE CATO ~ How Can You Tell Me Its Over ~ 12" SINGLE PS US $8.65 Buy It Now 41m 21s
ANN NESBY ~ Can I Get A Witness ~ 12" Single PS USA PRESSING US $9.62 Buy It Now 41m 21s
THE MAMAS AND THE PAPAS IF YOU CAN BELIEVE YOUR EYES AND EARS VINYL US $0.99 [1 bids]
41m 27s
SteelHeart - Can't Stop Me Lovin' You (Promo Single) US $12.00 Buy It Now 42m 13s
JOE JACKSON 7" PicSlv "YOU CAN'T GET WHAT YOU WANT(Till U Know What U Want) 1984 US $1.99 Buy It Now 42m 14s
? Northern Soul - FULLY GUARANTEED - WE CAN'T MAKE IT TOGETHER on APT - Hear ? US $3.52 [2 bids]
42m 25s
Kylie Minogue Fever inc Can't Get You Out of My Head & Burning Up + CD US $9.63 Buy It Now 42m 44s
The Hi-Fives-My Friend/How Can I Win Decca 9-30576 1958 Doo Wop Listen! US $29.99 Buy It Now 43m 45s
George Jones 1243 I Can't Get There From Here PROMO US $7.20 Buy It Now 43m 50s
Hank Williams Jr. MGM 13640 I Can't Take It No Longer US $4.50 Buy It Now 44m 11s
The BEACH BOYS 45 I CAN HEAR MUSIC / ALL I WANT TO DO ~ CAPITOL nice VG to VG+ US $3.00 Buy It Now 44m 15s
cd-single, Rod Stewart - I Can't Deny It, 3 tracks US $3.47 Buy It Now 45m 2s
You Can Dance by Madonna (Cassette, Nov-1987, Sire) US $0.99 [0 bids]
46m 2s
SMOKY ROBINSON AND THE MIRACLES 45(TAMLA 54225 )CAN'T STAND TO SEE YOU CRY US $2.15 Buy It Now 46m 26s
Connie Francis "Jealous Heart/Can I Rely on You" MGM K 13420 US $0.99 [0 bids]
46m 55s
ELVIS: "50,000 ELVIS FANS CAN'T BE WRONG" 33rpm RCA #AFM1-5197 MISP 96 US $10.99 [0 bids]
46m 57s
Northern Soul - Four Tops - Is There Anything That I Can Do - French DJ US $208.68 [0 bids]
47m 43s
The Beatles "We Can Work it Out" "Day Tripper" 45 Record US $14.95 [0 bids]
48m 7s
Depeche Mode- Just Can't Get Enough / Any Second Now - 4 Trk cd w. Rmxs -V. Rare US $3.99 [0 bids]
48m 26s
? Northern Soul - DARROW FLETCHER - WE CAN'T GO ON/GONNA KEEP on REVUE - Hear ? US $1.93 [3 bids]
49m 1s
Sheena Easton Do It For Love / Can't Wait Till Tomorrow 7" 45 rpm EMI B-8295 NM US $2.61 Buy It Now 49m 10s
Mister Mixi & Skinny Scotty- I Can Handle It- CD Single US $9.99 Buy It Now 49m 35s
the velvet underground foggy notion I can't stand it 7" rsd dj promo 2011 45 rpm US $8.00 Buy It Now 50m 53s
Rita Wright: I Can't Give Back The Love I Feel For You / Something On My Mind 45 US $5.99 [1 bids]
50m 54s
Northern Soul - Little Tommy - Baby, Can't You See - Sound Of Soul - US US $16.05 [0 bids]
52m 12s
Al Martino "Can't Help Falling in Love" Record Album Unopened Capitol ST-405 US $5.00 [0 bids]
52m 26s
ROSE COLORED GLASS Can't Find The Time / Mystic Touch 45 RPM BANG Records US $5.99 Buy It Now 53m 41s
Cole Porter's Can-Can OST Frank Sinatra Shirley MacLaine + Cassette Tape TESTED US $11.24 Buy It Now 53m 53s
All That You Can't Leave Behind by U2 (CD, Oct-2000, Interscope (USA)) US $0.50 [0 bids]
54m 17s
Jerry Butler Mercury 73101 You Can Fly US $4.50 Buy It Now 54m 46s
SERIOUS-LEE-FINE - NOTHING CAN STOP US - ARISTA RECORDS AD1-9865 US $1.59 [0 bids]
54m 52s
FRANKIE KNUCKLES - LOVE CAN CHANGE IT / WALKIN - VIRGIN UNDERGROUND Y-38538 US $1.59 [0 bids]
54m 52s
ANITA WARD - COVER ME/CAN'T NOBODY LOVE ME LIKE YOU DO US $10.99 Buy It Now 56m 40s
45 THE CYCLONES BOB WILLIAMS: YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CRY, AFTERMATH TROPHY T-503 US $26.23 Buy It Now 57m 33s
JOANNE WILLIAMS: Can't We Get Back / Thanks To You (soul vinyl 45) US $10.00 Buy It Now 58m 51s
AL MATTHEWS: You Without Me / I Can't Face The Music (soul vinyl 45) US $15.00 Buy It Now 59m 2s
Soul - Lee Andrews & Hearts - All You Can Do - Lost Nite - US US $16.05 [0 bids]
59m 57s
Vintage THEATRE FAVORITES CAN CAN Reel to Reel Tape 7 1/2 IPS US $3.95 Buy It Now 59m 59s
Madonna You Can Dance Germany CD 7599-25535-2 WME US $7.50 [0 bids]
ERUPTION - I CAN'T STAND THE RAIN - PORTUGAL 45 SINGLE US $9.99 [0 bids]
FLORA PURIM-OPEN YOUR EYES YOU CAN FLY jazz NM/VG+ LP US $11.98 Buy It Now 1h
NU SHOOZ I CAN'T WAIT/MAKE YOUR MIND UP 1986 PICTURE SLEEVE EXCELLENT CONDITION US $1.61 [0 bids]
JOE COCKER Luxury You Can Afford 1978 VG++ US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Kool Moe Dee Cassette Single New Can You Feel It Rap Hip Hop US $0.99 [0 bids]
Rock 45 The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That on Capitol Records US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Rock 45 The Cowsills A Time For Remembrance / We Can Fly on MGM US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Rock 45 The Captain & Tennille - How Can You Be So Cold / Love On A Shoestrin 7" US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Rock 45 The Bee Gees - I'Ve Gotta A Message To You / Kitty Can On Atco US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Rock 45 The Captain & Tennille - How Can You Be So Cold / Love On A Shoestring O US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Rock Nm! 45 John Cougar - Jack & Diane / Can You Take It On Riya US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Rock 45 The Fireballs - Can'T Ou See I'M Tryin' / Bottle Of Wine On Atco US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Rock 45 The Beatles - Can'T Buy Me Love / You Can'T Do That On Capitol Records US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Rock 45 The Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart / Country Woman On Atco US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Rock 45 The Fireballs - Can'T You See I'M Tryin' / Bottle Of Wine On Atco Record US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
MICHAEL JACKSON - You Can Cry On My Shoulder - SOUL 45 US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
All That You Can't Leave Behind by U2 (CD, Oct-2000, Interscope (USA)) US $2.50 [0 bids]
I Believe I Can Fly [Single] by R. Kelly. US $2.95 Buy It Now 1h 3m
LEVEL 42 THE SUN GOES DOWN 7" 1983 NR MINT CAN'T WALK YOU HOME MARK KING CLASSIC US $8.01 [0 bids]
CANNED HEAT '67 Liberty STEREO debut w sterno can M- LP US $40.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
SLAMMER Can't you see Benedict's cherry wine US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
El Chicano 7" 45 PROMO HEAR SOUL FUNK All I Can Remember MCA 1976 US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Northern Soul - Four Tops - I Just Can't Get You Out Of My Mind - Probe - UK DJ US $32.10 [0 bids]
EWAN STEPHENS - BROTHER WE CAN SURELY WORK IT OUT - 7" SINGLE DEMO US $2.41 [0 bids]
Barry Ryan - Can't Let You Go 1971 7" Ex Polydor 2001 256 US $6.40 Buy It Now 1h 6m
CARL SMITH "WHY CAN'T YOU BE SATISFIED WITH ME" 45 RPM US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
JOE COCKER "LUXURY YOU CAN AFFORD" 8 Track! Brand New!! Sealed US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 7m

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Box Music (Live 1971-1977) ratings distribution

CAN Box Music (Live 1971-1977) reviews

Review by Syzygy
3 stars 3.5 stars

It's odd that Can never released a live album in their 1970s heyday - this was a band famous for both rearranging existing material and 'spontaneous composition' on stage, and their performances have achieved a kind of semi legendary status over the years. This double CD was assembled from unofficial recordings for the release of a package that also contained an autobiographical book and a video - the Can Box - and features performances from 1972-1977.

Three different line ups are represented here, with the post Damo Suzuki quartet dominating the proceedings and the early version with Malcolm Mooney not featuring at all. Most of the recordings are from UK concerts, with a couple from Germany, and there is a good mix of improvisation and well known album tracks. There is also some blurring of the boundaries; the composed material is reinterpreted, sometimes quite radically, while the improvisations sometimes contain recognisable fragments of album tracks and the 37 minute Colchester Finale (the only track to feature Damo Suzuki) gradually morphs into a thunderous reading of Halleluwah.

This is really one for the fans .The sound quality is rarely better than adequate, but the performances are often incendiary, and all the elements that Can fans know and love are present and correct - Liebezeit's metronomic drumming, Czukay's minmalist bass lines, Karoli's gypsy-blues-raga guitar and Schmidt's washes of keyboard textures, with Damo Suzuki and Rosko Gee adding their own seasoning to the stew where they're featured. Vital for Krautrock afficianados, but newcomers would do better to start with one of the early studio albums.

Send comments to Syzygy (BETA) | Report this review (#134167) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Review by stefro
5 stars Crammed with over two hours worth of Can performing during their peak years this selection of live cuts shows just what a dazzlingly inventive outfit the German free-form pioneers could be outside of their natural studio habitat. Like many innovative groups of the 1960's and 1970's Can live were a remarkably different beast from their studio persona, many of the tracks captured on this two-disc compilation either completely unrecognisable from their original album form or simply the result of some impromptu jams between the five members. With the sonic shackles of the studio well-and-truly disposed of, this raw and powerful approach is best exemplified by the utterly extraordinary 'Colchester Finale', a fuzzy, dizzy, relentless thirty-seven minute long abstract masterpiece that brings to mind - and also surpasses - the thunderous invention of 'Tago Mago'. Recorded at the now defunct Essex University campus during the British leg of 1972's European tour, 'Colchester Finale' is, simply put, an experience like no other, a performance which - much like the rest of album's eight tracks - manages to showcase almost everything that makes Can such a pioneering outfit. This is essential listening for any serious krautrock fan, with tracks such as 'Jynx', 'Cascade Waltz' and 'Spoon' - from the album 'Ege Bamyasi' and possibly the track which resembles it's studio version the most - revealing a dynamic new view of Can's highly expressive music. Hopefully, the future will bring much more live material from this most unique of collectives.

STEFAN TURNER, STOKE NEWINGTON, 2012

Send comments to stefro (BETA) | Report this review (#652571) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 10, 2012

4 stars Hard to believe that this was the first official release of concert performances by CAN. These are taken from concerts at various venues from February of 1972 to March of 1977. Of course the "Peel Sessions" were released four years before this but these were shows that were done specifically for John Peel's radio program between 1973 to 1975. Both of these are posthumous releases from 1995 and 1999 respectively. The sound quality here is acceptable and actually suits the music most of the time because this is raw, hypnotic and experimental stuff. We get two discs of music worth about 2 hours in total.

Disc one begins with "Jynx" an over 16 minute track from 1975. It's fairly experimental for about 2 minutes then they eventually get into this groove. Some nice guitar after 5 minutes. A calm around 11 minutes with spacey keys as they continue to jam. "Dizzy Dizzy" also from 1975 has this steady beat with the organ and guitar standing out. Vocals 3 1/2 minutes in but they are brief. "Vernal Equinox" is from the exact same concert as the previous track. Piano to start then drums take over followed by guitar. Great sound 10 minutes in as the drums pound and the guitar grinds away.

"Fizz" from 1977 is trippy but then starts to build but settles back just as fast. "Yoo Doo Right" from 1975 has some vocals from Damo but they are surprisingly brief. It does pick up and the guitar is making lots of noise. "Cascade Waltz" is easily my least favourite but it's only 5 minutes long. Recorded in 1977 this comes across as lightweight and somewhat whimsical.

Disc two has only three tracks on it including the almost 40 minute opener "Colchestor Finale" from 1972. Lots of jamming here and check out the guitar after 10 minutes. It calms down and vocals arrive before 15 minutes. Insanity late to end it. "Kata Kong" from 1975 is a trippy, underground sounding tune while the closer "Spoon" from 1972 is uptempo with a beat and vocals as the crowd cheers.

CAN was a band who flew by the seat of their pants never knowing in what direction each concert would take them as they loved to improvize and make music based on their surroundings at the time. A low 4 stars but a piece of CAN history that many a fanboy would call essential.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#860468) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 16, 2012

Post a review of CAN "Box Music (Live 1971-1977)"