BOX MUSIC (LIVE 1971-1977)

Can

3. Karoli, Czusay, Liebezeit,
Schmidt, Suzuki / CD 2/1, 3

2 Box set CD-Spoon records

and to clarke2001 for the last updates

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Box Music (Live 1971-1977) Music

Future DaysFuture Days
Remastered
Mute U.S. 2008
Tago MagoTago Mago
Imports 2014
Vinyl$24.98
Temptations 1968 Gordy 45rpm Please Return Your Love To Me b/w How Can I Forget US $8.00 Buy It Now 29m 51s
Can't Run From Yourself - Tanya Tucker (Cassette 1992, Liberty) in NM US $7.99 Buy It Now 31m 7s
99 Cent CD: 1990 Public Enemy Can't Do Nuttin' For Ya Man Records 4 Track Single US $0.99 [0 bids]
32m 23s
99 Cent CD: 1991 Public Enemy Can't Truss It Columbia Records 4 Track Single US $0.99 [0 bids]
32m 23s
RAY BLOCH SINGERS LOVE CAN MAKE YOU HAPPY LP AMBASSADOR US $7.98 Buy It Now 32m 34s
Lee Greenwood - You Can't Fall In Love When You're Cryin' / I'll... 45 rpm 1988 US $2.00 Buy It Now 33m 18s
1975 SALLY JUNE HART PROMO. ON BUDDAH " TAKIN WHAT I CAN GET " US $9.95 [0 bids]
33m 19s
Collin Raye All I Can Be CD US $1.00 [0 bids]
33m 33s
78RPM LOUIS JORDAN I CAN'T GIVE YOU ANYTHING BUT LOVE BABY / YOU WILL ALWAYS HAV US $4.99 [0 bids]
34m 21s
101 Maki Goto CD Uwasa no SEXY GUY Morning Musume w/ box case can case US $0.99 [0 bids]
34m 46s
The Cute Lepers-Can't Stand Modern Music, mod, punk, rock n roll, street rock US $8.50 [0 bids]
34m 48s
Why Can't We Be Sweethearts (Once Again) by Morton Downey 1931 Sheet Music US $6.00 [0 bids]
35m 9s
FIRST CHOICE Breakaway/ I Can Show You.. 12" DISCO GOLD MIND GG 504 US $6.00 [0 bids]
35m 25s
GENERAL JOHNSON Can't Nobody Love Me Like You Do PROMO 12" DISCO ARISTA SP-27 US $6.00 [0 bids]
35m 25s
TEMPTATIONS Standing on the Top/ BETTYE L'AVETTE I Can't Stop 12" PROMO PR-96 US $6.00 [0 bids]
35m 25s
C$ MONEY & D.J. CHASE Ladies Can I Have Your Attention 12" TRUMPET TR-179 US $89.99 [0 bids]
35m 25s
MICKEY JONES I Can Live Without You 45 7" NM RARE KAREN CARPENTER 1966 LISTEN US $36.97 [4 bids]
36m 59s
Nancy WIlson CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU 1970 Capitol LP ST-429 Jazz Soul VG+/VG+ US $5.00 [0 bids]
37m 8s
Mamas & Papa's LP If You Can Believe Your Eyes & Ears 1966 Mono EX/VG+ US $14.95 [0 bids]
38m 16s
I'm Glad I Can Make You Cry by Harry Tenney Sheet Music1918 Gus Hill's Minstrels US $7.50 [0 bids]
38m 38s
BARBIE Together We Can Do It PROMO CD Mattel 1990 US $3.99 [0 bids]
39m 39s
WILLIAM BELL: Born Under A Bad Sign / A Smile Can't Hide 45 Soul US $8.00 Buy It Now 40m 38s
REO Speedwagon - The Hits CD! - Can't Fight This Feeling, Keep On Loving You US $0.92 [0 bids]
40m 42s
LONG WINTERS - WORST YOU CAN DO IS HARM NEW CD US $18.43 Buy It Now 42m 3s
OTIS REDDING - CAN'T TURN YOU LOOSE / LOVE MAN 45 RECORD US $2.00 [1 bids]
42m 26s
(DS654) The Dreaming Spires, Just Can't Keep This Feeling In - DJ CD US $5.05 Buy It Now 42m 39s
DEAD CAN DANCE - TOWARD THE WITHIN (PHILIPPINES) CASSETTE US $8.00 [0 bids]
43m 9s
U2 - ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND (PHILIPPINES) BRAND NEW SEALED CASSETTE US $10.00 [0 bids]
43m 9s
OUR LADY PEACE - HAPPINESS ... IS NOT A FISH THAT YOU CAN CATCH (PHILIPPINES) US $8.00 [0 bids]
43m 9s
Bon Jovi Because We Can Tour Womens Hoodie Official Size Large US $116.21 [0 bids]
45m 37s
THE FANTASTIC JOHNNY C - LOOK WHAT LOVE CAN MAKE YOU DO / BOOGALOO DOWN BROADWAY US $2.00 [1 bids]
45m 48s
MARTHA & THE VANDELLAS: I CAN'T DANCE TO THAT MUSIC YOU'RE PLAYING W.L. PROMO 45 US $16.00 Buy It Now 46m 30s
FOUR U2 CDs (The Best of/The B-Sides- Disc 1&2, All That You Can't Leave Behind) US $15.99 [0 bids]
46m 30s
CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? Dual Tone 7-Song Sampler 2004 PROMO CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
47m 25s
VG++ LORETTA LYNN I CAN'T FEEL YOU ANYMORE/TRUE LOVE NEEDS TO KEEP IN TOUCH 45 US $3.98 Buy It Now 47m 53s
OST BLUE HAWAII ELVIS PRESLEY 7" PS JAPAN CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE j852 US $16.00 Buy It Now 51m 46s
1990 The Judds Love Can Build A Bridge Music CD Album Curb Records 10 Tracks(M4) US $4.99 Buy It Now 53m 21s
CHAS JANKEL 109 (GIVE ME SOMETHING I CAN REMEBER) A&M DANCE BOOGIE 12" US $5.00 [0 bids]
53m 42s
We Can Do Whatever We Want,V/A Best Of BCT #1,Raw Power Psycho Terveet Kädet US $39.50 Buy It Now 54m
Can't Fight Fate by Taylor Dayne (CD, Oct-1989, Arista) US $3.50 Buy It Now 54m 20s
LEADERS, THE--CAN'T HELP LOVIN THAT GIRL OF MINE(doo-wop) US $80.00 Buy It Now 54m 21s
sealed promo CD sampler Sammy Davis Jr. Story Yes I Can! Rhino rat pack best of US $19.98 [0 bids]
55m 17s
BRAD COTTER Can't Tell Me Nothin' 2004 PROMO CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
55m 48s
The Anita Kerr Singers I Can't Help Remembering You-For Bert #7065 Warner Bros US $1.50 [0 bids]
56m 12s
GIRLS CAN'T HELP IT BABY DOLL SIRE DANCE 12" US $2.00 [0 bids]
56m 38s
CASHMERE CAN I PHILLY WORLD MODERN SOUL 12" US $6.00 [0 bids]
56m 38s
45 Anything You Can Do - What In The World - The Majors X 5914 Imperial Records US $1.50 [0 bids]
58m 25s
I CAN DREAM, CAN'T I? voice & piano cover photo THE ANDREW SISTERS US $2.50 Buy It Now 59m
Spaceark Do What You Can Do Color World label US $99.99 [0 bids]
1h
Ultimate Isaac Hayes: Can You Dig It? by Isaac Hayes (CD, Nov-2005, 2 Discs,... US $11.52 Buy It Now 1h
This World Oft Can Be [Digipak] by Della Mae (CD, 2013, Rounder) US $10.23 Buy It Now 1h
Walls Can Fall by George Jones (CD, Oct-1992, MCA (USA)) US $2.54 Buy It Now 1h
Steve Reich: Double Sextet; 2x5 by Bang on a Can/eighth blackbird (CD,... US $11.41 Buy It Now 1h
Nothing Can Stop Us [Digipak] by Cornell Campbell/Soothsayers (CD, Jul-2013,... US $12.44 Buy It Now 1h
Delay 1968 by Can (CD, Mar-2010, Mute) US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h
The Lost Tapes [Standard Edition] by Can (CD, Oct-2012, 3 Discs, Mute) US $21.55 Buy It Now 1h
DIANA ROSS "WE CAN NEVER LIGHT THAT OLD FLAME AGAIN" MOTOWN 1982 MEXICAN 7'' US $32.70 Buy It Now 1h
Show Your Hand/How Sweet Can You Get/Average * by Pete Atkin/The Average... US $7.96 Buy It Now 1h 2m
I Just Can't Stop It [Deluxe Edition] [Digipak] by The English Beat (CD,... US $17.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
NU SHOOZ 7" PS Japan I CAN'T WAIT r7072 US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
TWO New Found Glory CDs (Nothing Gold Can Stay, From the Screen to Your Stereo) US $8.99 [0 bids]
Carolyn Arends CD Lot...I Can Hear You, Feel Free, This Much I Understand US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Bryan Adams U.K. Single CD "Can't Stop Thing We Started" +2 Live, A US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Alias: More Than Words Can Say 12 inch Vinyl 45 rpm Capitol Records England 1990 US $12.85 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Daryl Hall & John Oates- Unguarded Minute/ I Can't Go For That 45 w/ RCA sleeve US $4.29 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Frankie Paul: Can't Get You Out of My Mind (New Cassette) US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
NIGHT RANGER: (YOU CAN STILL) ROCK IN AMERICA / LET HIM RUN 45 RPM DAMN YANKEES US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
STEVE GOODMAN WORDS WE CAN DANCE TO LP 19776-VG US $2.50 Buy It Now 1h 4m
1975 SHOOTER I Can Dance (Long Tall Glasses) 45 US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
PAUL YOUNG - Heaven Can Wait - 4 Track CD Picture Disc Single US $2.99 [0 bids]
BELINDA CARLISLE: HEAVEN IS A PLACE ON EARTH / WE CAN CHANGE 45 RPM GO GOS POP US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
AN Only Judy can Judge me Judge New Black1t-shirt (longsleve & hoodie available) US $23.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
AN Only Judy can Judge me Judge New Black2t-shirt (longsleve & hoodie available) US $23.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
EDDIE MONEY: WE SHOULD BE SLEEPING / I CAN'T HOLD BACK 45 RPM AOR ROCK US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
REO SPEEDWAGON: CAN'T FIGHT THIS FEELING / BREAK HIS SPELL 45 RPM AOR ROCK US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
SURVIVOR: IS THIS LOVE / CAN'T LET YOU GO 45 RPM JIMI JAMISON JIM PETERIK AOR US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
All the Pain Money Can Buy by Fastball (CD, Mar-1998, Hollywood) US $3.00 [0 bids]
BILLY SQUIRE: ROCK ME TONIGHT / CAN'T GET NEXT TO YOU 45 RPM JIM STEINMAN US $2.49 Buy It Now 1h 11m

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Box Music (Live 1971-1977) ratings distribution

CAN Box Music (Live 1971-1977) reviews

Review by Syzygy
3 stars 3.5 stars

It's odd that Can never released a live album in their 1970s heyday - this was a band famous for both rearranging existing material and 'spontaneous composition' on stage, and their performances have achieved a kind of semi legendary status over the years. This double CD was assembled from unofficial recordings for the release of a package that also contained an autobiographical book and a video - the Can Box - and features performances from 1972-1977.

Three different line ups are represented here, with the post Damo Suzuki quartet dominating the proceedings and the early version with Malcolm Mooney not featuring at all. Most of the recordings are from UK concerts, with a couple from Germany, and there is a good mix of improvisation and well known album tracks. There is also some blurring of the boundaries; the composed material is reinterpreted, sometimes quite radically, while the improvisations sometimes contain recognisable fragments of album tracks and the 37 minute Colchester Finale (the only track to feature Damo Suzuki) gradually morphs into a thunderous reading of Halleluwah.

This is really one for the fans .The sound quality is rarely better than adequate, but the performances are often incendiary, and all the elements that Can fans know and love are present and correct - Liebezeit's metronomic drumming, Czukay's minmalist bass lines, Karoli's gypsy-blues-raga guitar and Schmidt's washes of keyboard textures, with Damo Suzuki and Rosko Gee adding their own seasoning to the stew where they're featured. Vital for Krautrock afficianados, but newcomers would do better to start with one of the early studio albums.

Send comments to Syzygy (BETA) | Report this review (#134167) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Review by stefro
5 stars Crammed with over two hours worth of Can performing during their peak years this selection of live cuts shows just what a dazzlingly inventive outfit the German free-form pioneers could be outside of their natural studio habitat. Like many innovative groups of the 1960's and 1970's Can live were a remarkably different beast from their studio persona, many of the tracks captured on this two-disc compilation either completely unrecognisable from their original album form or simply the result of some impromptu jams between the five members. With the sonic shackles of the studio well-and-truly disposed of, this raw and powerful approach is best exemplified by the utterly extraordinary 'Colchester Finale', a fuzzy, dizzy, relentless thirty-seven minute long abstract masterpiece that brings to mind - and also surpasses - the thunderous invention of 'Tago Mago'. Recorded at the now defunct Essex University campus during the British leg of 1972's European tour, 'Colchester Finale' is, simply put, an experience like no other, a performance which - much like the rest of album's eight tracks - manages to showcase almost everything that makes Can such a pioneering outfit. This is essential listening for any serious krautrock fan, with tracks such as 'Jynx', 'Cascade Waltz' and 'Spoon' - from the album 'Ege Bamyasi' and possibly the track which resembles it's studio version the most - revealing a dynamic new view of Can's highly expressive music. Hopefully, the future will bring much more live material from this most unique of collectives.

STEFAN TURNER, STOKE NEWINGTON, 2012

Send comments to stefro (BETA) | Report this review (#652571) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 10, 2012

4 stars Hard to believe that this was the first official release of concert performances by CAN. These are taken from concerts at various venues from February of 1972 to March of 1977. Of course the "Peel Sessions" were released four years before this but these were shows that were done specifically for John Peel's radio program between 1973 to 1975. Both of these are posthumous releases from 1995 and 1999 respectively. The sound quality here is acceptable and actually suits the music most of the time because this is raw, hypnotic and experimental stuff. We get two discs of music worth about 2 hours in total.

Disc one begins with "Jynx" an over 16 minute track from 1975. It's fairly experimental for about 2 minutes then they eventually get into this groove. Some nice guitar after 5 minutes. A calm around 11 minutes with spacey keys as they continue to jam. "Dizzy Dizzy" also from 1975 has this steady beat with the organ and guitar standing out. Vocals 3 1/2 minutes in but they are brief. "Vernal Equinox" is from the exact same concert as the previous track. Piano to start then drums take over followed by guitar. Great sound 10 minutes in as the drums pound and the guitar grinds away.

"Fizz" from 1977 is trippy but then starts to build but settles back just as fast. "Yoo Doo Right" from 1975 has some vocals from Damo but they are surprisingly brief. It does pick up and the guitar is making lots of noise. "Cascade Waltz" is easily my least favourite but it's only 5 minutes long. Recorded in 1977 this comes across as lightweight and somewhat whimsical.

Disc two has only three tracks on it including the almost 40 minute opener "Colchestor Finale" from 1972. Lots of jamming here and check out the guitar after 10 minutes. It calms down and vocals arrive before 15 minutes. Insanity late to end it. "Kata Kong" from 1975 is a trippy, underground sounding tune while the closer "Spoon" from 1972 is uptempo with a beat and vocals as the crowd cheers.

CAN was a band who flew by the seat of their pants never knowing in what direction each concert would take them as they loved to improvize and make music based on their surroundings at the time. A low 4 stars but a piece of CAN history that many a fanboy would call essential.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#860468) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 16, 2012

Post a review of CAN "Box Music (Live 1971-1977)"