TIME MACHINE 2011: LIVE IN CLEVELAND

Good, but non-essential

Buy RUSH Music
Live, released in 2011

Disc One:

1. The Spirit Of Radio (5:02)
2. Time Stand Still (5:16)
3. Presto (6:32)
4. Stick It Out (4:22)
5. Workin' Them Angels (4:44)
6. Leave That Thing Alone (5:13)
7. Faithless (5:57)
13. Red Barchetta (6:55)
14. YYZ (4:32)

Disc Two:

15. Limelight (4:31)
16. The Camera Eye (10:10)
17. Witch Hunt (4:42)
18. Vital Signs (5:28)
19. Caravan (5:36)
20. Moto Perpetuo (8:22)
21. O'Malley's Break (1:33)
22. Closer To The Heart (3:28)
23. 2112 Overture/The Temples Of Syrinx (7:10)
24. Far Cry (6:22)
25. La Villa Strangiato (7:40)
26. Working Man (6:40)

Search RUSH Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland lyrics

Search RUSH Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland tabs

-Alex Lifeson - Guitars, keyboards
-Geddy Lee - Bass guitar, vocals, keyboards
-Neil Peart - Drums, percussion

Two-Disc Set on Roadrunner Records

Thanks to sfranke for the addition

RUSH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RUSH Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland Music

21122112
Island / Mercury 1997
Moving PicturesMoving Pictures
Mercury 1997
The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987
Mercury 2003
Island / Mercury 1997
Permanent WavesPermanent Waves
Fly By NightFly By Night
Mercury 1997
Vapor Trails (Remixed)Vapor Trails (Remixed)
Rhino 2013
Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood To The Head US $2.99 Buy It Now 35m 30s
VINTAGE ORIGINAL 1981 RUSH EXIT... STAGE LEFT DOUBLE 33 LP US $5.99 [0 bids]
36m 58s
BOB & DOUG McKENZIE Great White North MERCURY LP '81 OG Geddy Lee RUSH EX US $2.95 [0 bids]
37m 33s
DOUG CLARK AND HIS HOT NUTS-(LP)-RUSH HOUR FOR ADULTS ONLY-GROSS RECORDS-1960'S US $12.99 Buy It Now 38m 52s
RUSH 2112 MERCURY R 133716 GATEFOLD PROG LP NM US $49.99 [0 bids]
41m 7s
Caress of Steel by Rush (CD, May-1997, Mercury) US $1.99 [1 bids]
43m 39s
Hemispheres [Remaster] by Rush (CD, May-1997, Mercury) US $2.50 [0 bids]
43m 55s
RUSH INSTANT LP COLLECTION 11 LPS CANADIAN ROCK US $19.99 [0 bids]
45m 13s
1 CENT LP: Richie Rich - Let's Ride (12" Single, 1996, Rush Vinyl) Promo US $0.01 [0 bids]
46m 51s
NEIL YOUNG After The Gold Rush 1970 REPRISE Gatefold w/lyric insert VG++/VG++ LP US $33.99 Buy It Now 52m 8s
TOM RUSH Wrong End Of The Rainbow 1970 Columbia C-30402 VG++/EX LP Record US $11.04 Buy It Now 52m 45s
Roll The Bones by Rush CD 1991 US $1.50 [0 bids]
Caress The Steel [Remaster] by Rush CD 1997 US $2.50 [0 bids]
2112 (Remaster) by Rush CD 1997 US $2.50 [0 bids]
52m 56s
Signals, Rush CD 1997 New World Man, Subdivisions, Weapon II Fear, Countdown US $1.99 [0 bids]
1h
Vapor Trails, Rush CD 2002 One Little Victory, Secret Touch, Freeze Part IV Fear US $1.99 [0 bids]
1h
Test for Echo, Rush, CD 1996, Driven, Half The World, Virtuality, Limbo, Color US $1.99 [0 bids]
1h
Moving Pictures, Rush CD 1981, Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Witch Hunt III Fear, Signs US $1.99 [0 bids]
1h
A Farewell to Kings, Rush, CD 1997, Xanadu, Closer To the Heart, Cygnus X-1 US $1.99 [0 bids]
1h
Counterparts, Rush CD, 1993 Stick It Out, Nobody's Hero, Leave Alone, Cold Fire US $1.99 [0 bids]
1h
Rush Chronicles The Video Collection Japan Laserdisc w Info Sticker LD Laser US $79.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Rush - Rush (ReDISCovered) Remastered 200g Vinyl LP Record Box Set NEW 2014 US $46.84 Buy It Now 1h 6m
TOM TRAGO The Light Fantastic 2x LP NEW VINYL Rush Hour DJ Sneak Steffi Ben Wes US $32.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH & LYRIC POSTER RE-2 RS 6386 G/F LP EX+/NM US $29.99 [0 bids]
Rush Permanent Waves Lp 9111 065 (Netherlands Press) Appears Unplayed US $8.99 [0 bids]
Rush Street by Richard Marx (CD, 1991, Capitol) Rock/Pop CD Fast shipping US $1.99 [0 bids]
FRANK MARINO AND MAHOGANY RUSH Live on Cassette Tape US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Stephanie Pauline "Rush the Sea" CD (2008) US $10.74 [0 bids]
Finger Eleven "Them Vs. You Vs. Me" CD Heavy Dark Rock Rush US $1.50 [0 bids]
1981 - Rush - Exit...Stage Left - 2 LP Set - Mercury Records - SRM-2-7001 US $5.99 [0 bids]
50 CD Lot Rush Guns n Roses Lenny Kravitz Public Enemy Monty Python Boston Hagar US $34.99 [0 bids]
PRELUDE - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH 1974 CLASSIC ROCK LP ISLAND ILPS-9282 SEALED US $5.95 [0 bids]
Rush Street by Richard Marx (CD, Jun-1992, Capitol) US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Rush - R30 - 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition (2005) US $19.90 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush-World Anthem-LP-Columbia-PC 34677-Near Mint-Vinyl US $2.49 [0 bids]
Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush-Tales Of The Unexpected-LP-Columbia-Promo-JC 35753 US $2.49 [0 bids]
Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush-What's Next-LP-Columbia-JC 36204-Vinyl Record US $2.49 [0 bids]
Frank Marino-Mahogany Rush-Live-LP-Columbia-JC 35257-Near Mint-Vinyl Record US $2.49 [0 bids]
RUSH: TIME STAND STILL / HIGH WATER 45 RPM AIMEE MANN US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Rush / In Rio 2DVD-BOX !! US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Capleton 45 "Heated Rush"/Sly & Lenky "Misery" Reggae US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 35m
YES - CLOSE TO THE EDGE Album LP Record 1972 Vintage Classic Rock Rush ELP King US $2.99 [0 bids]
RUSH: BIG MONEY / RED SECTOR A (LIVE) 45 RPM LIFESON PEART LEE US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush Live Lp Record Album j1 Columbia US $1.99 [0 bids]
frank marino mahogany rush live record US $2.99 [0 bids]
frank marino mahogany rush live record US $2.99 [0 bids]
Rush - A Show of Hands (CD, Jan-1989, Mercury) US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Rush - Counterparts (1993) - Used - Compact Disc US $2.99 [0 bids]
RUSH ~ Retrospective CD Vol. 2 (1981-1987) Hits ~ 1997, Mercury ~ BMG ~ 15 Songs US $2.99 [0 bids]
RUSH ALL THE WORLD'S A STAGE LIVE 2 lp albums, TRIFOLD COVER, 18 (!) SONGS! US $11.95 Buy It Now 1h 57m
1970's HARD ROCK CD: RUSH - THE BEST OF RUSH VOLUME ONE - 17 Hits WORKING MAN Li US $10.00 [1 bids]
R & B ~ BOBBY RUSH ~ ON TOP 2000 "GOTTA BE FUNKY / GOTTA FIND YOU GIRL" 1960s US $12.25 [0 bids]
GOLD RUSH I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's Business x2 record vinyl LP Ace Enders US $200.00 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Rush GOLD Definitive Best Collection REMASTERED 29 Track NEW SEALED 2 CD US $8.99 [0 bids]
BILLY WILLIAMS QUARTET He Follows She/Fools Rush In CORAL PROMO 61346 US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 10m
COLDPLAY - A Rush of Blood To The Head (2002) CD -NEW & SEALED "clocks" Ect US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 11m
PUBLIC ENEMY**YO! BUM RUSH THE SHOW**CD US $5.95 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Merrilee Rush 45 Reach Out / Love Street (Pop) NM US $6.50 [0 bids]
TWO Coldplay CDs (Parachutes & A Rush of Blood to the Head) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Chevelle "Caution Fools Rush In" includes Unedited and Radio Edit 2b Reggae Rec US $1.99 [1 bids]
JANE WIEDLIN RUSH HOUR END OF LOVE NM 7" 45 RPM SLSF 408 ZW US $1.49 [0 bids]
Lady Saw "Sweet and Dandy" and "Sleng Teng Version" Diamond Rush Records US $1.99 [0 bids]
FOLKSONG '65 - 1ST PRESS LP FRED NEIL KATHY & CAROL TOM RUSH HAMILTON CAMP + US $4.98 Buy It Now 2h 33m
folk rock cd lot tom rush, donovan, randy newman US $10.00 [0 bids]
Rush - Clockwork Angels Tour (3CD 2013) Hard Rock Brand New and Sealed US $7.99 [0 bids]
BOBBY RUSH 45 Wake Up / The Things That I Used to Do SALEM Funk Mint Minus #B69 US $40.00 Buy It Now 2h 49m
RUSH - "EXIT...STAGE LEFT" - 1981 COLLECTIBLE 2 LP- MERCURY RECORDS SRM-2-7001 US $7.50 [0 bids]
RUSH - RETROSPECTIVE, VOL. 3 [CD] [1 DISC] [066825207727] - NEW CD US $7.93 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Rush All The World's A Stage & Exit Stage Left LP Both Gatefolds Live US $13.99 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Rush Street by Richard Marx (CD, Jun-1992, Capitol) Classic Rock Pop Music US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Dont Rush, K Ci and Jojo, Very Good008814907522 US $1.62 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Rock Heroes Vol. 2 METAL EDITION Megadeth ANTHRAX Motorhead KORN Rush QUIET RIOT US $4.49 Buy It Now 3h 22m
A Rush of Blood to the Head by COLDPLAY 2002 New CD Capitol US $5.49 Buy It Now 3h 22m
MASTERS OF METAL SABBATH, MAIDEN, KISS, RUSH, VAN HALEN DIO, DOKKEN COMP LP US $6.99 [0 bids]
Rush Street by Richard Marx CD, Jun-1992 Capitol 13 Tracks Free Shipping US $4.99 [0 bids]
Rush 2112 Studio Album 1976 Progressive Rock Cassette Tape US $6.50 Buy It Now 3h 42m
The Police Synchronicity LP sting rush the cars peter gabriel tears for fears US $2.99 [0 bids]
Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head (CD, Aug-2002, Capitol) US $3.88 [0 bids]
JENNIFER RUSH HEART OVER MIND VINYL LP AUSTRALIA US $8.98 Buy It Now 4h 15m
Set of 2 Coldplay CD's- A Rush of Blood to the Head and X & Y- GOOD CONDITION US $3.99 [0 bids]
RUSH A Farewell To Kings NM MERCURY LP US $24.95 Buy It Now 4h 17m
RUSH Archives EX MERCURY Original 3LP Masterdisk US $79.95 Buy It Now 4h 17m
RUSH Permanent Waves MERCURY NM LP Masterdisk US $29.95 Buy It Now 4h 18m
JENNIFER RUSH MOVIN' VINYL LP AUSTRALIA US $8.98 Buy It Now 4h 18m
Lot of 2 Lp's by: Dino "Encore" & " Rush Hour" (Christian, GOD Jesus) both LP NM US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 20m
JENNIFER RUSH FLAMES OF PARADISE DUET ELTON JOHN VINYL 45 12" LP AUSTRALIA US $8.08 Buy It Now 4h 22m
Chronicles by Rush (CD, Sep-1990, 2 Discs, Mercury) US $8.00 [0 bids]
merrilee rush - angel of the morning - bell 705 US $6.99 [0 bids]
JENNIFER RUSH SELF TITLED VINYL LP AUSTRALIA US $10.77 Buy It Now 4h 25m
Ladies Love Outlaws by Tom Rush on 8 Track audio tape NEW US $10.00 Buy It Now 4h 32m
RUSH CARESS OF STEEL JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD US $29.80 Buy It Now 4h 32m
RUSH Retrospective, Vol. 1 (1974-1980) CD US $4.99 [0 bids]
RUSH PERMANENT WAVES JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD US $29.80 Buy It Now 4h 39m
RUSH POWER WINDOWS JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD US $29.80 Buy It Now 4h 40m
Lot 15 - TEN (10) assorted rock cassette tapes VAN HALEN RUSH BAD COMPANY SAMMY US $8.00 [1 bids]
5h
Rush, Stone Sour, Amity Affliction, Heartist- 2012 U.S. ADVANCE PROMO cd - RARE! US $8.78 Buy It Now 5h 2m
Take a Look Over Your Shoulder [PA] by Warren G (CD, Mar-1997, Def Jam, RUSH)) US $3.89 Buy It Now 5h 22m
Rush " Roll The Bones " CD (Atlantic/Anthem Records 1991 USA) US $8.99 [0 bids]
BUDDY GUY OTIS RUSH IKE TURNER & MORE US $14.99 Buy It Now 5h 28m
Tyren Perry,CD,Don't Rush It,1989 US $12.99 Buy It Now 5h 59m

More places to buy RUSH music online Buy RUSH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RUSH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RUSH Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland ratings distribution

RUSH Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland reviews

Review by tarkus1980
3 stars Yawn. Lacking a new album to tour (a couple of tracks that would later make it onto Clockwork Angels appear here, but they're not the focus), the band decided to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Moving Pictures by doing that album in its entirety (with the rest of the album filled out with a mix of standards and slight surprises). Quite honestly, I don't understand why that's such a huge deal; it's kinda neat that the band brought back "The Camera Eye" (done every bit as "pretty good" as the original was), but five of the other tracks had been done at least once in the last two live albums, and the band had done "Red Barchetta" on a leg of the Snakes and Arrows tour. It's not like the band was especially stretching itself by doing all of the MP tracks, and the album never had any tight conceptuality that would make it flow better as a unit, and it's not like the album performance ended up fitting on one disc, so all I can do is shrug my shoulders at the decision. "Tom Sawyer" and "Limelight" still sound great (though, as on the last live album, they're slowly creeping towards sluggishness), the rest sound good (though "Vital Signs" is still an underwhelming closer), and there are bunches of movie and TV clips sampled in for whatever reason.

The band makes some interesting choices in terms of older material they choose to resurrect; I've never liked "Time Stand Still" as much as "Force Ten" or "Presto" as much as "The Pass," but they both sound ok here, and I'm rather pleased that "Stick it Out" makes a return (I would've preferred "Animate," but I guess they were making a concerted effort to pull in some less obvious choices). The band totally ditches Vapor Trails and Test for Echo, but three Snakes and Arrows tracks make it on, and while I still don't like "Working Them Angels," I've always enjoyed "Far Cry," and I'm very pleased to hear "Faithless" get a live treatment. Elsewhere, aside from a slightly surprising revival of "Marathon," the material is all familiar; aside from a brief acoustic solo, and whatever variations Neil threw into his endless drum solo, everything else here either appeared on Rio or Snakes and Arrows Live, and all of it is done in a way closer to the latter than the former.

I suppose there's nothing especially wrong with this live album (though there's nothing especially great about it either), and as secretly half-assed as the gimmick for this live album (doing Moving Pictures straight through) may be, it's still better than having no gimmick at all. I guess that if I had to choose between this and Snakes and Arrows Live I would take this one, but that's a pretty silly decision to have to make.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#825084) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 20, 2012

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Helloooooooooooo Cleveland! Sniff sniff

Rush are definitely in my top 3 favourite bands, and I have been putting off this review now for a year. Okay now for a true confession. This is Rush's worst live album. This is not going to be pleasant coming from a huge Rush fan. I have been listening to this latest live Rush for some time and everytime it starts I shake my head in dismay at how bad the sound is, the production is TINNY! It is beyond belief, the guitars jangle and the cymbals shatter throughout, the bottom end of bass is trebled out and then there is Geddy's voice. I have heard all of the past live release and he is a dynamic presence on every song. Here on the Time Machine Tour he is off key, flat, and struggles to hit any high notes, sometimes squeaking or whispering the high notes. Surely he could bring some of the melodies down a tad if that were a problem. He sounds like his nose is blocked when he sings 'if I could wave my magic wand' on 'Presto', and of course it became common knowledge that Geddy had a cold that night. That is okay, it happens to rock stars and they get through concert tours the best way they can. But why do we have to sit through an official live release when the band are not in peak condition, that is just wrong. Furthermore, the concert was filmed and I have watched that and admittedly Lee's vocals are overshadowed by the stunning visuals, so that is definitely worth getting despite the awful sound and caterwauling vocals.

This concert could have been brilliant as it features the entire 'Moving Pictures' album and that is certainly a drawcard worth checking out and earns an extra star on its own. There are some wonderful choices on the setlist with songs rarely heard if at all. It is great to hear 'Presto' for a change, and 'Stick It Out' the rocker from one of my favourite albums.

The classics are here as always and I always look forward to the incredible musicianship on live staples 'Tom Sawyer', 'Limelight' and the finale, the last 27 minutes, is incredible with '2112 Overture/The Temples Of Syrinx', 'Far Cry', 'La Villa Strangiato' and 'Working Man'. Alex Lifeson absolutely has a killer time with fret melting lead breaks and trademark chord structures, simply genius playing, so I will add a star for that. Of particular interest are songs from the 'Clockwork Angels' album though they are only the 2 from the single, it is still terrific to hear them live. Peart gets to attack his drums in his infamous drum soloing with odd music thrown in to jazz it up, such an incredible drummer. So another star awarded for his virtuoso playing, what are we up to now, 3 stars?

Overall this live album is disappointing due to the sound and Lee's voice but here it is, with the good and the bad in full public view. Perhaps as a bonus CD this would be forgivable or as a bootleg but this is quite painful at times, and it makes me sad to hear every time, but it is deserved of the scathing reviews it has received. Grab the DVD if you see it cheap. Now, roll on 2013 and they deserve to be inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame!

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#851413) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 05, 2012

Review by lazland
2 stars So, on Thursday last, after a shopping session with the wife, I was asked if there was anywhere I wished to go before picking my Mother up. Yes, I said, let's go to Tangled Parrot (the local independent record shop). Incredibly, she graciously agreed to this suggestion!

At said shop, I purchased this for the princely sum of £13. Even at the time I parted with said cash, I was asking myself; "do I really need another Rush live album?"

I have only seen this great band once, this on the original Moving Pictures tour. Fate, and other disasters, have meant that was the one and only time. So, to get my fix, I have brought virtually every live opus released since. My favourite remains the incredible Live in Rio, which is probably as close to the archetypal later Rush live album as you will get, in much the same way as Exit Stage Left was the archetypal early live document.

The selling point of this, in truth, was the fact it had the whole of Moving Pictures live. That album remains one of my favourite records of all time.

Sitting down to write this review brings a sense of disappointment. Is it a bad album? Well, no. As I have said in my reviews of latter day Rush albums, they are incapable of doing bad. It is, though, disappointing. The production is quite terrible, and Geddy, in particular, sounds quite awful in places. I also get the impression, especially in the period between the close of the Moving Pictures album and the "classic pieces" sequence, that we have a band merely going through the motions. Dare I say it, but Peart's drum solo verges on the boring.

Really, though, aside from the inclusion of a couple of tracks from Snakes and Ladders (which, btw, is by far and away my least favourite album by the band), most of this stuff can be heard elsewhere, and a damn sight better sounding as well.

It is probably heresy to say this, but I will say it anyway. Every single band has a shelf life. On this evidence, Rush are approaching the end of their days. This live album is one for collector's only. People, like me, who really have to have a complete sequence of a career. Otherwise, do not bother. Get the better sounds and releases of a wondrous career.

Send comments to lazland (BETA) | Report this review (#1078272) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, November 17, 2013

3 stars I'd like to start by saying that I saw Rush three times on their Time Machine Tour and the dates were all spread apart. I saw them in Atlanta, GA, Greensboro, NC, and Greenville, SC. The Greensboro show was actually a day or two before this concert was recorded. That being said, let me continue on ... (read more)

Report this review (#610867) | Posted by LastDaysofParadise | Monday, January 16, 2012 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Tape salad. The stage just before the tape in the cassette is giving up the ghost and gives you a tape salad is what this album reminds me about. I did not expect to get a tape salad from a CD though. But I am starting to wonder what's next from my CD player now. The reason for my worries is Ge ... (read more)

Report this review (#605753) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Sunday, January 08, 2012 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I hate to give this album one star, but I couldn't get to the end of it, it was a torture to listen to. At first I thought my copy was defective as the overall sound is muddy and of bootleg quality. The crisp sound of R30 and Snakes & Arrows Live is absent from this record... Then there was Ge ... (read more)

Report this review (#568984) | Posted by Harkonnen | Wednesday, November 16, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Well, another tour and another Rush live album, and as a Rush fan I bought it on the first day of the release. So is it any good, and how does Geddy sound? Well, Geddy's voice is fine. He still nails the notes of Freewill and the the whole band performs fantastically in the style that we Rush fan ... (read more)

Report this review (#567800) | Posted by TerryK | Monday, November 14, 2011 | Review Permanlink

3 stars ..... On first listen I thought this was mastered at the wrong speed, so LOW are Geddy Lees's vocals .... actually my first thought was "Who is this awful bar-band singer pretending to be Geddy? Yes, I know he had a cold ... but honestly ... i think it's time for Rush to call it a day if this ... (read more)

Report this review (#567737) | Posted by Matt-T | Monday, November 14, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RUSH "Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland"