TIME MACHINE 2011: LIVE IN CLEVELAND

Good, but non-essential

Buy RUSH Music
Live, released in 2011

Disc One:

1. The Spirit Of Radio (5:02)
2. Time Stand Still (5:16)
3. Presto (6:32)
4. Stick It Out (4:22)
5. Workin' Them Angels (4:44)
6. Leave That Thing Alone (5:13)
7. Faithless (5:57)
13. Red Barchetta (6:55)
14. YYZ (4:32)

Disc Two:

15. Limelight (4:31)
16. The Camera Eye (10:10)
17. Witch Hunt (4:42)
18. Vital Signs (5:28)
19. Caravan (5:36)
20. Moto Perpetuo (8:22)
21. O'Malley's Break (1:33)
22. Closer To The Heart (3:28)
23. 2112 Overture/The Temples Of Syrinx (7:10)
24. Far Cry (6:22)
25. La Villa Strangiato (7:40)
26. Working Man (6:40)

Search RUSH Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland lyrics

Search RUSH Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland tabs

-Alex Lifeson - Guitars, keyboards
-Geddy Lee - Bass guitar, vocals, keyboards
-Neil Peart - Drums, percussion

Two-Disc Set on Roadrunner Records

Thanks to sfranke for the addition

RUSH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RUSH Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland Music

21122112
Island / Mercury 1997
The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987
Mercury 2003
Moving PicturesMoving Pictures
Clockwork AngelsClockwork Angels
Roadrunner Records 2012
A Farewell to KingsA Farewell to Kings
Mercury 1997
Vapor Trails (Remixed)Vapor Trails (Remixed)
Rhino 2013
HemispheresHemispheres
The Studio Albums 1989-2007The Studio Albums 1989-2007
Rhino Records 2013
RushRush
Permanent WavesPermanent Waves
RUSH - Exit Stage Left - GATEFOLD 2 x VINYL LP US $46.81 Buy It Now 37m 47s
Skid Row-B-Side Ourselves Ramones Kiss Judas Priest Rush Hendrix US $4.00 [0 bids]
38m 41s
RUSH Vinyl record collection( 9 records) US $50.00 Buy It Now 59m 30s
Rush - Clockwork Angels Tour (3CD 2013] hard rock Brand New & Sealed US $7.99 [0 bids]
Presto by Rush (CD, Nov-1989, Atlantic (Label)) US $2.00 [0 bids]
FRANK MARINO & MAGOGANY RUSH LIVE....COLUMBIA-LP US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Test for Echo, Rush, New Original recording remastered US $15.44 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Rush Hold Your Fire 10 Track Vinyl Album US $23.40 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Chronicles by Rush (CD, Sep-1990, 2 Discs, Mercury) US $7.00 [0 bids]
ISLAND RECORDS AND RUSH RELEASE EXCLUSIVE SAMPLER various LP 6 track promo compi US $8.35 Buy It Now 2h 20m
PHILIP GLASS cd SOLO PIANO Metamorphosis MAD RUSH wichita sutra vortex US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Jennifer Rush - Best Of Jennifer Rush CD US $15.76 Buy It Now 3h 2m
Lazy Lester/Bobby Rush-Texas Harmonica Rumble CD NEW US $15.47 Buy It Now 3h 12m
FRANK MARINO & MAHOGANY RUSH TALES OF THE UNEXPECTED LP 614 US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 18m
RUSH OF FOOLS - WONDER OF THE WORLD - NEW CD US $10.51 Buy It Now 3h 24m
Mahogany Rush Child of the Novelty 20th Century/9 T-451 1974 original gatefold US $21.60 Buy It Now 3h 43m
Job lot of 6 x MINT 7" singles RUSH SCHENKER clear vinyl GIRL STYX red vinyl US $25.07 Buy It Now 4h
RUSH-SPIRIT OF RADIO 3 TRACK 12" SINGLE (UK PRESS) US $6.67 Buy It Now 4h 15m
JENNIFER RUSH / HEART OVER MIND US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 16m
Energy Rush Dance Hits 94 US $4.11 Buy It Now 4h 16m
RUSH - ROLL THE BONES - CD! FREE SHIPPING US $5.95 Buy It Now 4h 23m
THE CLASH SHOULD I STAY HOLLAND 7" P/S BAD II RUSH EX CON 1982 PUNK US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 23m
Wonder of the World by Rush of Fools (CD, Sep-2008, Midas Records) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Wesley Wills - Rush Hour (2000) - Used - Compact Disc US $3.90 Buy It Now 4h 27m
Placido Domingo & Jennifer Rush~"Till I Loved You"~UK CBS 12" 1989~GOYA~Spanish US $13.36 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Rush Signals 1982 1st Masterdisk RL Ludwig Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! US $44.00 Buy It Now 4h 46m
JENNIFER RUSH heart over mind LP 10 track with inner (4504701) uk issue pressed US $8.35 Buy It Now 4h 57m
JENNIFER RUSH movin' LP 10 track with inner (26710) dutch cbs 1985 US $8.35 Buy It Now 4h 57m
JENNIFER RUSH passion LP 11 track with inner (4629681) uk cbs 1988 US $8.35 Buy It Now 4h 57m
JENNIFER RUSH s/t LP 10 track (cbs26177) dutch cbs 1984 US $8.35 Buy It Now 4h 58m
MOJO BLUES BREAKERS -VAR (CD) NEW RUSH JAMES BOYD KING CARR WOLF DIDDLEY JOHNSON US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 4m
RUSH ~ RUSH ARCHIVES ~ VERY RARE FULLY HAND SIGNED UK MERCURY TRIPLE LP 1975 US $827.84 Buy It Now 5h 11m
OTIS RUSH-BLUES INTERACTION LIVE IN JAPAN 1986 WITH BREAK DOWN-JAPAN CD E25 US $23.99 Buy It Now 5h 16m
* RUSH - Signals US $4.99 Buy It Now 5h 18m
Unknown Artist You Cant Stop The Bum Rush CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 5h 32m
Jennifer Rush(Vinyl LP)Jennifer Rush-CBS -26488-UK-Ex-/Ex US $15.03 Buy It Now 5h 43m
LOT 4 CD's RUSH: S/T Remastered - Retrospective I, II and III (1,2,3) US $16.99 Buy It Now 5h 45m
LISTEN - TITTYSHAKER POPCORN - THE FROGMEN - UNDERWATER - THE MAD RUSH US $34.99 Buy It Now 5h 45m
The Best of the Waterboys: 1981-1990 by The Waterboys VVG (CD, 1996, Gold Rush) US $0.79 [0 bids]
RUSH A FAREWELL TO KINGS VINYL RECORD US $10.99 [0 bids]
RUSH ARCHIVES 3LP RECORD SET!! US $10.99 [0 bids]
BOB AND DOUG MCKENZIE TAKE OFF 7" P/S WITH GEDDY LEE (RUSH) USA US $26.76 Buy It Now 6h 21m
Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush What's Next 1980 Stereo LP VG++ US $11.99 Buy It Now 6h 22m
OTIS RUSH BLUES INTERACTION LIVE IN JAPAN 1986 free ship w/ more buys US $18.00 Buy It Now 6h 25m
JENNIFER RUSH RING OF ICE 7" P/S UK US $6.69 Buy It Now 6h 25m
A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay US $4.00 Buy It Now 6h 26m
JENNIFER RUSH YOU'RE MY ONE AND ONLY 7" P/S UK US $6.69 Buy It Now 6h 28m
RUSH - A Farewell To Kings - CD (Compact Disc) US $8.99 [0 bids]
YANYSH/FLANKER/EFFEROS/CHIZH/KRJUK/DR CUT'S - Rush Inside - 12" US $17.71 Buy It Now 6h 44m
RICHARD MARX - Rush Street (CD) US $4.99 Buy It Now 6h 47m
CD: A Rush of Blood to the Head - Coldplay US $1.66 [0 bids]
Rush Starman Official New Textile Flag Poster 75cm x 110cm US $14.22 Buy It Now 6h 57m
JANE WIEDLIN-RUSH HOUR/THE END OF LOVE EMI 50118 NM 45 US $5.98 Buy It Now 7h 8m
Paula Abdul Rush rush CD Single US $8.35 Buy It Now 7h 12m
RUSH Working Men CD NEW US $11.62 Buy It Now 7h 20m
Rush-Moving Pictures SHM-CD Japanese mini lp US $33.99 Buy It Now 7h 27m
Rush-Permanent Waves SHM-CD Japanese mini lp US $33.99 Buy It Now 7h 27m
Rush-Power Windows SHM-CD Japanese mini lp US $33.99 Buy It Now 7h 27m
Rush-Signals SHM-CD Japanese mini lp US $33.99 Buy It Now 7h 28m
BOBBY RUSH / MAKING A DECISION / PRIVATE MODERN SOUL BOOGIE 45" / LISTEN US $12.99 Buy It Now 7h 29m
"7"-Pavement-Rattled By La Rush '95 punk~Grunge US $14.99 [0 bids]
Augustas Pickaxe & The Jays - Gold Rush Reggae 7" Killer US $1.66 [0 bids]
rush permanent waves US $6.99 [0 bids]
2 Rush CDS (Presto, Test for echo) US $0.99 [0 bids]
A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay US $4.00 Buy It Now 7h 48m
Neil Young: After the Gold Rush Reprise 6383 with lyric sheet US $18.50 Buy It Now 7h 50m
Coldplay-Parachutes, A Rush Of Blood To The Head, Viva La Vida-Lot Of 3 CDs US $17.99 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG after the gold rush LP VG- W/poster RS 6383 Reprise 1970 Stereo USA US $16.00 Buy It Now 7h 57m
RUSH Power Windows CD Germany 8 tracks Mercury 826 098-2 M-1 US $7.99 [0 bids]
8h
RUSH NEW WORLD MAN 7" PROMO + P/S (COVER CREASED/VG) USA US $21.74 Buy It Now 8h 3m
MAX WEBSTER BATTLESCAR 7" 1980 P/S WITH RUSH (P/S VG) UK US $21.74 Buy It Now 8h 7m
TAYLOR DAYNE DON'T RUSH ME 7" PROMO WITH P/S USA US $10.03 Buy It Now 8h 17m
RUSH SPIRIT OF RADIO 7" B/W CIRCUMSTANCES USA US $15.05 Buy It Now 8h 18m
TOM RUSH - Classic Rush 1973 DJ LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 8h 22m
ETHAN GOLD Adventures of Power Soundtrack NEW CD With Rush drummer Neil Peart US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 23m
Coldplay - Rush of Blood to the Head (2002)(356) US $5.00 Buy It Now 8h 24m
PAULA ABDUL 12" PICTURE DISC RUSH RUSH IN GF SLEEVE RARE VINYL PICTURE RECORD US $13.36 Buy It Now 8h 27m
Rush - Caress Of Steel Vinyl LP Mercury Gatefold Sleeve US $5.00 [0 bids]
RUSH BIG MONEY 7" P/S WITH TERRITORIES UK US $10.03 Buy It Now 8h 32m
PLACEDO DOMINGO + JENNIFER RUSH TILL I LOVED YOU 7" P/S UK US $6.69 Buy It Now 8h 34m
Rush - Spirit Of The Airwaves (NEW 2 x 12" VINYL LP) US $35.10 Buy It Now 8h 34m
Various Artists - Wow What a Rush, Vol. 2 (CD 2001) 2 CDS US $5.00 Buy It Now 8h 35m
YOU CAN'T STOP THE BUM RUSH - BY MUMBLE.C - CD - US $2.00 Buy It Now 8h 35m
RUSH BIG MONEY (2 X 7") 7" DOUBLE 7" IN G/FOLD P/S UK US $21.74 Buy It Now 8h 35m
THIRD RAIL RONDEY RUSH 7" P/S 1976 USA US $18.40 Buy It Now 8h 36m
RUSH - Vapor Trails - 2002 - CD - 83531-2 - UPC 0 7567-83531-2 3 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Rush Van Halen Sammy Hagar Cassette Tape Lot US $10.50 [2 bids]
RUSH ROLL THE BONES (1 SIDED ) 7" 1 SIDED PROMO DJ EDIT UK US $21.74 Buy It Now 8h 43m
Icon: Rush US $6.39 Buy It Now 8h 58m
RUSH - In Rio - 2003 - CD + DVD - Disc 1 & Disc 2 ONLY - 83672-2 - UPC 0 7567-83 US $5.99 [0 bids]
Rush,CD,Presto US $4.99 Buy It Now 9h
Brian May "Theme From "Rush" Classic Aussie TV Theme7" US $7.46 Buy It Now 9h 3m
LP-Mahogany Rush-IV~ '76 Canadian Hard Rock US $14.99 [0 bids]
Stephanie Mills - You're Puttin' a Rush on Me (1980) LP (G) 12" US $14.96 Buy It Now 9h 6m
RUSH CLOSER TO THE HEART 7" B/W BASTILE DAY + TEMPLE OF THE SYRINX UK US $10.03 Buy It Now 9h 7m
RUSH TIME STAND STILL 7" P/S WITH FORCE TEN UK US $10.03 Buy It Now 9h 10m
RUSH vs FRANCESCO BERGOMI - Quorum - 12" US $17.54 Buy It Now 9h 14m
Rush Subdivisions EP-3 songs UK 1st Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! US $36.00 Buy It Now 9h 15m
Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush Tales of the Unexpected 1979 1st Press, ULTRASONIC US $17.60 Buy It Now 9h 15m

More places to buy RUSH music online Buy RUSH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RUSH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RUSH Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland ratings distribution

RUSH Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland reviews

Review by tarkus1980
3 stars Yawn. Lacking a new album to tour (a couple of tracks that would later make it onto Clockwork Angels appear here, but they're not the focus), the band decided to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Moving Pictures by doing that album in its entirety (with the rest of the album filled out with a mix of standards and slight surprises). Quite honestly, I don't understand why that's such a huge deal; it's kinda neat that the band brought back "The Camera Eye" (done every bit as "pretty good" as the original was), but five of the other tracks had been done at least once in the last two live albums, and the band had done "Red Barchetta" on a leg of the Snakes and Arrows tour. It's not like the band was especially stretching itself by doing all of the MP tracks, and the album never had any tight conceptuality that would make it flow better as a unit, and it's not like the album performance ended up fitting on one disc, so all I can do is shrug my shoulders at the decision. "Tom Sawyer" and "Limelight" still sound great (though, as on the last live album, they're slowly creeping towards sluggishness), the rest sound good (though "Vital Signs" is still an underwhelming closer), and there are bunches of movie and TV clips sampled in for whatever reason.

The band makes some interesting choices in terms of older material they choose to resurrect; I've never liked "Time Stand Still" as much as "Force Ten" or "Presto" as much as "The Pass," but they both sound ok here, and I'm rather pleased that "Stick it Out" makes a return (I would've preferred "Animate," but I guess they were making a concerted effort to pull in some less obvious choices). The band totally ditches Vapor Trails and Test for Echo, but three Snakes and Arrows tracks make it on, and while I still don't like "Working Them Angels," I've always enjoyed "Far Cry," and I'm very pleased to hear "Faithless" get a live treatment. Elsewhere, aside from a slightly surprising revival of "Marathon," the material is all familiar; aside from a brief acoustic solo, and whatever variations Neil threw into his endless drum solo, everything else here either appeared on Rio or Snakes and Arrows Live, and all of it is done in a way closer to the latter than the former.

I suppose there's nothing especially wrong with this live album (though there's nothing especially great about it either), and as secretly half-assed as the gimmick for this live album (doing Moving Pictures straight through) may be, it's still better than having no gimmick at all. I guess that if I had to choose between this and Snakes and Arrows Live I would take this one, but that's a pretty silly decision to have to make.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#825084) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 20, 2012

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Helloooooooooooo Cleveland! Sniff sniff

Rush are definitely in my top 3 favourite bands, and I have been putting off this review now for a year. Okay now for a true confession. This is Rush's worst live album. This is not going to be pleasant coming from a huge Rush fan. I have been listening to this latest live Rush for some time and everytime it starts I shake my head in dismay at how bad the sound is, the production is TINNY! It is beyond belief, the guitars jangle and the cymbals shatter throughout, the bottom end of bass is trebled out and then there is Geddy's voice. I have heard all of the past live release and he is a dynamic presence on every song. Here on the Time Machine Tour he is off key, flat, and struggles to hit any high notes, sometimes squeaking or whispering the high notes. Surely he could bring some of the melodies down a tad if that were a problem. He sounds like his nose is blocked when he sings 'if I could wave my magic wand' on 'Presto', and of course it became common knowledge that Geddy had a cold that night. That is okay, it happens to rock stars and they get through concert tours the best way they can. But why do we have to sit through an official live release when the band are not in peak condition, that is just wrong. Furthermore, the concert was filmed and I have watched that and admittedly Lee's vocals are overshadowed by the stunning visuals, so that is definitely worth getting despite the awful sound and caterwauling vocals.

This concert could have been brilliant as it features the entire 'Moving Pictures' album and that is certainly a drawcard worth checking out and earns an extra star on its own. There are some wonderful choices on the setlist with songs rarely heard if at all. It is great to hear 'Presto' for a change, and 'Stick It Out' the rocker from one of my favourite albums.

The classics are here as always and I always look forward to the incredible musicianship on live staples 'Tom Sawyer', 'Limelight' and the finale, the last 27 minutes, is incredible with '2112 Overture/The Temples Of Syrinx', 'Far Cry', 'La Villa Strangiato' and 'Working Man'. Alex Lifeson absolutely has a killer time with fret melting lead breaks and trademark chord structures, simply genius playing, so I will add a star for that. Of particular interest are songs from the 'Clockwork Angels' album though they are only the 2 from the single, it is still terrific to hear them live. Peart gets to attack his drums in his infamous drum soloing with odd music thrown in to jazz it up, such an incredible drummer. So another star awarded for his virtuoso playing, what are we up to now, 3 stars?

Overall this live album is disappointing due to the sound and Lee's voice but here it is, with the good and the bad in full public view. Perhaps as a bonus CD this would be forgivable or as a bootleg but this is quite painful at times, and it makes me sad to hear every time, but it is deserved of the scathing reviews it has received. Grab the DVD if you see it cheap. Now, roll on 2013 and they deserve to be inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame!

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#851413) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 05, 2012

Review by lazland
2 stars So, on Thursday last, after a shopping session with the wife, I was asked if there was anywhere I wished to go before picking my Mother up. Yes, I said, let's go to Tangled Parrot (the local independent record shop). Incredibly, she graciously agreed to this suggestion!

At said shop, I purchased this for the princely sum of 13. Even at the time I parted with said cash, I was asking myself; "do I really need another Rush live album?"

I have only seen this great band once, this on the original Moving Pictures tour. Fate, and other disasters, have meant that was the one and only time. So, to get my fix, I have brought virtually every live opus released since. My favourite remains the incredible Live in Rio, which is probably as close to the archetypal later Rush live album as you will get, in much the same way as Exit Stage Left was the archetypal early live document.

The selling point of this, in truth, was the fact it had the whole of Moving Pictures live. That album remains one of my favourite records of all time.

Sitting down to write this review brings a sense of disappointment. Is it a bad album? Well, no. As I have said in my reviews of latter day Rush albums, they are incapable of doing bad. It is, though, disappointing. The production is quite terrible, and Geddy, in particular, sounds quite awful in places. I also get the impression, especially in the period between the close of the Moving Pictures album and the "classic pieces" sequence, that we have a band merely going through the motions. Dare I say it, but Peart's drum solo verges on the boring.

Really, though, aside from the inclusion of a couple of tracks from Snakes and Ladders (which, btw, is by far and away my least favourite album by the band), most of this stuff can be heard elsewhere, and a damn sight better sounding as well.

It is probably heresy to say this, but I will say it anyway. Every single band has a shelf life. On this evidence, Rush are approaching the end of their days. This live album is one for collector's only. People, like me, who really have to have a complete sequence of a career. Otherwise, do not bother. Get the better sounds and releases of a wondrous career.

Send comments to lazland (BETA) | Report this review (#1078272) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, November 17, 2013

3 stars I'd like to start by saying that I saw Rush three times on their Time Machine Tour and the dates were all spread apart. I saw them in Atlanta, GA, Greensboro, NC, and Greenville, SC. The Greensboro show was actually a day or two before this concert was recorded. That being said, let me continue on ... (read more)

Report this review (#610867) | Posted by LastDaysofParadise | Monday, January 16, 2012 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Tape salad. The stage just before the tape in the cassette is giving up the ghost and gives you a tape salad is what this album reminds me about. I did not expect to get a tape salad from a CD though. But I am starting to wonder what's next from my CD player now. The reason for my worries is Ge ... (read more)

Report this review (#605753) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Sunday, January 08, 2012 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I hate to give this album one star, but I couldn't get to the end of it, it was a torture to listen to. At first I thought my copy was defective as the overall sound is muddy and of bootleg quality. The crisp sound of R30 and Snakes & Arrows Live is absent from this record... Then there was Ge ... (read more)

Report this review (#568984) | Posted by Harkonnen | Wednesday, November 16, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Well, another tour and another Rush live album, and as a Rush fan I bought it on the first day of the release. So is it any good, and how does Geddy sound? Well, Geddy's voice is fine. He still nails the notes of Freewill and the the whole band performs fantastically in the style that we Rush fan ... (read more)

Report this review (#567800) | Posted by TerryK | Monday, November 14, 2011 | Review Permanlink

3 stars ..... On first listen I thought this was mastered at the wrong speed, so LOW are Geddy Lees's vocals .... actually my first thought was "Who is this awful bar-band singer pretending to be Geddy? Yes, I know he had a cold ... but honestly ... i think it's time for Rush to call it a day if this ... (read more)

Report this review (#567737) | Posted by Matt-T | Monday, November 14, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RUSH "Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland"