TIME MACHINE 2011: LIVE IN CLEVELAND

Good, but non-essential

Buy RUSH Music
Live, released in 2011

Disc One:

1. The Spirit Of Radio (5:02)
2. Time Stand Still (5:16)
3. Presto (6:32)
4. Stick It Out (4:22)
5. Workin' Them Angels (4:44)
6. Leave That Thing Alone (5:13)
7. Faithless (5:57)
13. Red Barchetta (6:55)
14. YYZ (4:32)

Disc Two:

15. Limelight (4:31)
16. The Camera Eye (10:10)
17. Witch Hunt (4:42)
18. Vital Signs (5:28)
19. Caravan (5:36)
20. Moto Perpetuo (8:22)
21. O'Malley's Break (1:33)
22. Closer To The Heart (3:28)
23. 2112 Overture/The Temples Of Syrinx (7:10)
24. Far Cry (6:22)
25. La Villa Strangiato (7:40)
26. Working Man (6:40)

Search RUSH Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland lyrics

Search RUSH Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland tabs

-Alex Lifeson - Guitars, keyboards
-Geddy Lee - Bass guitar, vocals, keyboards
-Neil Peart - Drums, percussion

Two-Disc Set on Roadrunner Records

Thanks to sfranke for the addition

RUSH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RUSH Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland Music

The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987
Mercury 2003
SignalsSignals
A Farewell to KingsA Farewell to Kings
Fly By NightFly By Night
Mercury 1997
Vapor Trails (Remixed)Vapor Trails (Remixed)
Rhino 2013
WORKING MAN: RUSH TRIBUTE / VARIOUS NEW CD US $23.07 Buy It Now 31m 57s
(DN192) Hot Disc 161, Rush Released, 22 tracks - 2012 DJ CD US $10.31 Buy It Now 37m 30s
M. Rush,Cheap Trick,Grand Funk,Mountain,U.F.O.,Uriah Heep - (live) - Music CD's US $35.00 Buy It Now 39m 12s
RSD Mystery Side By Side 7" Rush / Love 7 And 7 Is US $6.99 [0 bids]
39m 15s
Adrenalin Hardcore Rush, Vol. 1 (CD, Aug-1995, Adrenaline) US $3.99 Buy It Now 39m 26s
Prelude - After The Gold Rush LP Record Orig. US Island EX+!!! US $2.99 Buy It Now 41m 8s
Black Gold - Rush [Vinyl New] US $7.99 [0 bids]
42m 44s
Rush - Spirit Of The Airwaves NEW 2 x LP US $26.28 Buy It Now 42m 46s
NEIL YOUNG Cassette Tape Lot of 5 Tapes After The Gold Rush Decade 1 US $14.99 Buy It Now 44m 56s
RUSH 3 lp MOVING PICTURES Masterdisk lot RL BOB LUDWIG ALL THE WORLD'S A STAGE US $79.99 Buy It Now 44m 57s
F/S Sealed!!! Rush - Hemispheres WPCR-13477 SHM-CD w/OBI US $27.50 [7 bids]
45m 27s
(BG307) Kleshay, Rush - 1999 DJ CD US $4.65 Buy It Now 47m 38s
RUSH Moving Pictures CD 1981 Polygram US $3.49 Buy It Now 48m 24s
KAESER, Chris/RITA CAMPBELL - Rush - 12'' US $16.21 Buy It Now 52m 14s
RUSH Permanent Waves Remaster CD METAL ROCK LED ZEPPELIN US $4.99 [0 bids]
54m 55s
RUSH Hemisperes 1978 Orig Mercury GF LP SRM-1-3743 EXC-/EXC US $14.50 Buy It Now 55m 25s
CLASH Should I Stay Or Should I Go 7" Ps, 1991 Dutch Issue, B/W Rush By Big Aud US $8.43 Buy It Now 58m 51s
Rush - Vapor Trails Remixed 2LP NEW 2013 US $33.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Rush GOLD Definitive Best Collection REMASTERED 29 Track NEW SEALED 2 CD US $8.99 [0 bids]
Def Jams Rush Hour Soundtrack [Edited Version] CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
RUSH "Hemispheres" 1978 (Mercury)...Great!! US $5.99 [0 bids]
RUSH "Signals" 1982 (Mercury)...Great!! US $5.99 [0 bids]
Rush - Clockwork Angels NEW 2 x LP US $44.35 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Rush - Spirit Of The Airwaves (grey Vinyl) NEW 2 x LP US $32.76 Buy It Now 1h 10m
JENNIFER RUSH - STRONGHOLD (IMPORT) NEW CD US $20.01 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Vintage Vinyl LP Record 1975 MAHOGANY RUSH Strange Universe,T-482, Psych Rock,US US $30.00 Buy It Now 1h 14m
ZIMMER - After The Style Rush - 12" US $13.51 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Chronicles by Rush (CD, Sep-1990, 2 Discs, Mercury) US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Rush a farewell to kings US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 22m
After the Gold Rush by Neil Young (CD, Jul-1987, Reprise) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Lot of Hard Rock CD's-Rush, Bryan Adams, Asia, Cheap Trick-Great Buy!! US $9.00 [0 bids]
10 CD WILLIE DIXON & FRIENDS COLLECTION (OTIS RUSH / HOWLIN' WOLF / MAGIC SAM .. US $34.99 Buy It Now 1h 26m
RUSH-Japan 12-Mini-LP CD Box Set w/ Hemispheres Promo Box VERY RARE Like New US $550.00 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Lot of 8 Rock Classic Metal Rock and Roll Music CD CDs Metallica Rush AC DC US $13.50 [5 bids]
Under Wraps by Jethro Tull (CD, Jul-1996, Gold Rush) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Break The Box- Midnight Rush 12" US $10.56 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Rush - Permanent Waves [CD) Remastered GR8 SHAPE!! US $1.99 [0 bids]
Treasury Of Folk Music 2 CD(Pete Seeger Kingston Trio Joan Baez Donovan Tom Rush US $28.00 [13 bids]
JENNIFER RUSH Destiny 7" Ps US $8.43 Buy It Now 1h 51m
JENNIFER RUSH Ring Of Ice 7" Ps, B/W Never Gonna Turn Back Again, A 4745 US $8.43 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Various Artists Energy Rush II CD US $4.01 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Rush 2112 CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 52m
TOM RUSH / WRONG END OF THE RAINBOW ~ 1970 Columbia Album ~ NEW MINT ~ SEALED US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Snakes & Arrows Live - Rush 2 CD Set Sealed ! New ! US $13.90 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Icon by Rush (CD, Aug-2010, Mercury) US $4.39 Buy It Now 1h 53m
RUSH "NEW WORLD MAN c/w VITAL SIGNS (LIVE VERSION)" CLASSIC TRACK LISTEN! US $11.82 Buy It Now 1h 54m
JOYRIDER Rush Hour 7" Ps, 4 Tracks Inc What You Get/Another Skunk Song-Acoustic US $11.82 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Coldplay - A Rush of Blood To The Head (New, Factory Sealed Vinyl) US $24.95 Buy It Now 1h 56m
20 Years of Jethro Tull: Highlights- Jethro Tull (CD, 1996, Gold Rush) US $5.98 Buy It Now 1h 58m
RUSH "THE BIG MONEY c/w TERRITORIES" CLASSIC 80's ROCK LISTEN! US $11.82 Buy It Now 2h
Rush A Farewell to kings US $15.00 [0 bids]
2h
(DC853) Among Brothers, Keep / Rush and Pull - 2012 DJ CD US $5.05 Buy It Now 2h 4m
A Show of Hands by Rush (CD, Jan-1989, Mercury) US $4.00 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Hold Your Fire by Rush (CD, Sep-1990, Island/Mercury) US $1.49 [0 bids]
Rush 80s ROCK DJ 45 Closer to the Heart US $24.98 Buy It Now 2h 10m
A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay (CD, Aug-2002, Capitol) US $0.99 [1 bids]
Chronicles by Rush (CD, Sep-1990, 2 Discs, Mercury) US $2.99 [1 bids]
Rush [Original Score] by Eric Clapton (Cassette, Aug-1991, Reprise) NEW US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 20m
Cute Is What We Aim for : Same Old Blood Rush With a New Touch [DVD AUDIO] (2CDs US $8.86 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Dare Iz a Darkside by Redman (CD, Nov-1994, RAL (Rush Associated Labels)) US $6.00 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Presto by Rush (Cassette, Aug-1989, Atlantic) US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Rush Hour [Original Soundtrack] [PA] by Original Soundtrack (CD, Sep-1998,... US $6.00 Buy It Now 2h 27m
RUSH "Grace Under Pressure" LP 1984 Mercury 818 476-1 M-1 SHRINK 1st PRESSING US $17.95 Buy It Now 2h 28m
MINISTRY OF SOUND 'The Rush' 2 CD BRAND NEW/SEALED US $20.47 Buy It Now 2h 28m
PLACIDO DOMINGO JENNIFER RUSH Till I Loved You 7" Ps US $8.43 Buy It Now 2h 35m
Rush Snow Dog In The Night Mini LP Lifeson Lee US $24.51 [6 bids]
Jennifer Rush: The Power Of Love (Remix) 45 VG+ Canada US $0.99 Buy It Now 2h 40m
Presto by Rush CD Classic Hard Rock CD Music Geddy Lee Neil Peart US $1.99 [1 bids]
Aly & AJ- Into the Rush (2006) Deluxe Edition US $5.99 [0 bids]
RUSH Countdown 7" Ps, B/W New World Man, Rush 10 (Vg/Vg, Vinyl Has Light Surfac US $6.74 Buy It Now 2h 47m
RUSH New World Man 7" Ps, B/W Vital Signs-Live, Rush 8 (Vg/Vg, Sleeve Has Light US $6.74 Buy It Now 2h 47m
RUSH Vital Signs 7" Ps, B/W In The Mood, Vital 7 (Vinyl Ex- Light Surface Marks US $10.12 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush on Reprise Records MSK2283 Gate Fold Cover US $15.99 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Bobby Rush 45 Chicken Heads GALAXY US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 53m
24/Seven * by Big Time Rush (CD, Jun-2013, Columbia (USA)) US $8.05 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Rush - Grace Under Pressure - LP 1984 US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 57m
Jaydan- Rush Hour / Connected 12" US $10.99 Buy It Now 3h 2m
STEPHANIE MILLS You'Re Puttin A Rush On Me 7" Ps US $8.43 Buy It Now 3h 4m
STRANGLERS Duchess 7" Ps, B/W Fools Rush Out, Bp 308 US $10.12 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Roll the Bones by Rush (CD, Sep-1991, Atlantic (Label)) US $3.00 [0 bids]
THE BIG STAMPEDE RUBEN GAINES STORY OF THE GOLD RUSH PIONEER RECORDS US $0.99 [0 bids]
2013 RUSH~THE GARDEN~PIC DISC~BLACK FRIDAY~RECORD STORE DAY~RSD US $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 14m
COLDPLAY A Rush Of Blood To The Head CD 2002 Capitol Records Apparatjik pop rock US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 15m
Richard Marx-Rush Street-Billy Joel, Luther Vandross-1991-CD US $1.99 Buy It Now 3h 15m
Permanent Waves by Rush SHM Mini LP (CD, Jun-2010, WEA Japan) US $29.00 [0 bids]
Moving Pictures by Rush (CD, Jun-1997, Mercury) Made in Germany US $11.04 Buy It Now 3h 40m
CD RUSH 2112 5 US $11.99 Buy It Now 3h 44m
Rush The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987 CD US $10.00 [0 bids]
Neil Young; After The Gold Rush on LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
RUSH - MOVING PICTURES - VINYL LP US $5.99 [0 bids]
RUSH HEMISPHERES LP ORIGINAL 1978 USA GATEFOLD NO UPC BAR CODE US $14.99 [0 bids]
Vintage Vinyl! "Tom Rush" (VG+) US $1.79 Buy It Now 3h 47m
Vintage Vinyl! "Jennifer Rush"-Jennifer Rush (VG+) US $1.79 Buy It Now 3h 47m
Rush - Hemispheres 12'' Picture Disc US $75.00 Buy It Now 3h 48m
Counterparts by Rush (CD, Oct-1993, Atlantic) US $4.24 Buy It Now 3h 53m
RUSH - POWER WINDOWS - VINYL LP ALBUM RECORD 1ST PRESSING NEAR MINT (NM ) US $4.99 [1 bids]
RUSH "EXIT..STAGE LEFT" VINYL DOUBLE LP SRM-2-7001 US $0.99 [1 bids]
LOT OF CLASSIC ROCK VINYL RECORDS RUSH ROBERT PLANT LP ALBUMS US $9.99 [0 bids]
EDDY CURRENT SUPPRESSION RING Rush To Relax LP SEALED US $16.99 Buy It Now 4h 11m
The Power Of Love b/w I See A Shadow Jennifer Rush 45 Epic 34-05754 NM US $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 15m

More places to buy RUSH music online Buy RUSH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RUSH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RUSH Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland ratings distribution

RUSH Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland reviews

Review by tarkus1980
3 stars Yawn. Lacking a new album to tour (a couple of tracks that would later make it onto Clockwork Angels appear here, but they're not the focus), the band decided to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Moving Pictures by doing that album in its entirety (with the rest of the album filled out with a mix of standards and slight surprises). Quite honestly, I don't understand why that's such a huge deal; it's kinda neat that the band brought back "The Camera Eye" (done every bit as "pretty good" as the original was), but five of the other tracks had been done at least once in the last two live albums, and the band had done "Red Barchetta" on a leg of the Snakes and Arrows tour. It's not like the band was especially stretching itself by doing all of the MP tracks, and the album never had any tight conceptuality that would make it flow better as a unit, and it's not like the album performance ended up fitting on one disc, so all I can do is shrug my shoulders at the decision. "Tom Sawyer" and "Limelight" still sound great (though, as on the last live album, they're slowly creeping towards sluggishness), the rest sound good (though "Vital Signs" is still an underwhelming closer), and there are bunches of movie and TV clips sampled in for whatever reason.

The band makes some interesting choices in terms of older material they choose to resurrect; I've never liked "Time Stand Still" as much as "Force Ten" or "Presto" as much as "The Pass," but they both sound ok here, and I'm rather pleased that "Stick it Out" makes a return (I would've preferred "Animate," but I guess they were making a concerted effort to pull in some less obvious choices). The band totally ditches Vapor Trails and Test for Echo, but three Snakes and Arrows tracks make it on, and while I still don't like "Working Them Angels," I've always enjoyed "Far Cry," and I'm very pleased to hear "Faithless" get a live treatment. Elsewhere, aside from a slightly surprising revival of "Marathon," the material is all familiar; aside from a brief acoustic solo, and whatever variations Neil threw into his endless drum solo, everything else here either appeared on Rio or Snakes and Arrows Live, and all of it is done in a way closer to the latter than the former.

I suppose there's nothing especially wrong with this live album (though there's nothing especially great about it either), and as secretly half-assed as the gimmick for this live album (doing Moving Pictures straight through) may be, it's still better than having no gimmick at all. I guess that if I had to choose between this and Snakes and Arrows Live I would take this one, but that's a pretty silly decision to have to make.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#825084) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 20, 2012

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Helloooooooooooo Cleveland! Sniff sniff

Rush are definitely in my top 3 favourite bands, and I have been putting off this review now for a year. Okay now for a true confession. This is Rush's worst live album. This is not going to be pleasant coming from a huge Rush fan. I have been listening to this latest live Rush for some time and everytime it starts I shake my head in dismay at how bad the sound is, the production is TINNY! It is beyond belief, the guitars jangle and the cymbals shatter throughout, the bottom end of bass is trebled out and then there is Geddy's voice. I have heard all of the past live release and he is a dynamic presence on every song. Here on the Time Machine Tour he is off key, flat, and struggles to hit any high notes, sometimes squeaking or whispering the high notes. Surely he could bring some of the melodies down a tad if that were a problem. He sounds like his nose is blocked when he sings 'if I could wave my magic wand' on 'Presto', and of course it became common knowledge that Geddy had a cold that night. That is okay, it happens to rock stars and they get through concert tours the best way they can. But why do we have to sit through an official live release when the band are not in peak condition, that is just wrong. Furthermore, the concert was filmed and I have watched that and admittedly Lee's vocals are overshadowed by the stunning visuals, so that is definitely worth getting despite the awful sound and caterwauling vocals.

This concert could have been brilliant as it features the entire 'Moving Pictures' album and that is certainly a drawcard worth checking out and earns an extra star on its own. There are some wonderful choices on the setlist with songs rarely heard if at all. It is great to hear 'Presto' for a change, and 'Stick It Out' the rocker from one of my favourite albums.

The classics are here as always and I always look forward to the incredible musicianship on live staples 'Tom Sawyer', 'Limelight' and the finale, the last 27 minutes, is incredible with '2112 Overture/The Temples Of Syrinx', 'Far Cry', 'La Villa Strangiato' and 'Working Man'. Alex Lifeson absolutely has a killer time with fret melting lead breaks and trademark chord structures, simply genius playing, so I will add a star for that. Of particular interest are songs from the 'Clockwork Angels' album though they are only the 2 from the single, it is still terrific to hear them live. Peart gets to attack his drums in his infamous drum soloing with odd music thrown in to jazz it up, such an incredible drummer. So another star awarded for his virtuoso playing, what are we up to now, 3 stars?

Overall this live album is disappointing due to the sound and Lee's voice but here it is, with the good and the bad in full public view. Perhaps as a bonus CD this would be forgivable or as a bootleg but this is quite painful at times, and it makes me sad to hear every time, but it is deserved of the scathing reviews it has received. Grab the DVD if you see it cheap. Now, roll on 2013 and they deserve to be inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame!

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#851413) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 05, 2012

Review by lazland
2 stars So, on Thursday last, after a shopping session with the wife, I was asked if there was anywhere I wished to go before picking my Mother up. Yes, I said, let's go to Tangled Parrot (the local independent record shop). Incredibly, she graciously agreed to this suggestion!

At said shop, I purchased this for the princely sum of 13. Even at the time I parted with said cash, I was asking myself; "do I really need another Rush live album?"

I have only seen this great band once, this on the original Moving Pictures tour. Fate, and other disasters, have meant that was the one and only time. So, to get my fix, I have brought virtually every live opus released since. My favourite remains the incredible Live in Rio, which is probably as close to the archetypal later Rush live album as you will get, in much the same way as Exit Stage Left was the archetypal early live document.

The selling point of this, in truth, was the fact it had the whole of Moving Pictures live. That album remains one of my favourite records of all time.

Sitting down to write this review brings a sense of disappointment. Is it a bad album? Well, no. As I have said in my reviews of latter day Rush albums, they are incapable of doing bad. It is, though, disappointing. The production is quite terrible, and Geddy, in particular, sounds quite awful in places. I also get the impression, especially in the period between the close of the Moving Pictures album and the "classic pieces" sequence, that we have a band merely going through the motions. Dare I say it, but Peart's drum solo verges on the boring.

Really, though, aside from the inclusion of a couple of tracks from Snakes and Ladders (which, btw, is by far and away my least favourite album by the band), most of this stuff can be heard elsewhere, and a damn sight better sounding as well.

It is probably heresy to say this, but I will say it anyway. Every single band has a shelf life. On this evidence, Rush are approaching the end of their days. This live album is one for collector's only. People, like me, who really have to have a complete sequence of a career. Otherwise, do not bother. Get the better sounds and releases of a wondrous career.

Send comments to lazland (BETA) | Report this review (#1078272) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, November 17, 2013

3 stars I'd like to start by saying that I saw Rush three times on their Time Machine Tour and the dates were all spread apart. I saw them in Atlanta, GA, Greensboro, NC, and Greenville, SC. The Greensboro show was actually a day or two before this concert was recorded. That being said, let me continue on ... (read more)

Report this review (#610867) | Posted by LastDaysofParadise | Monday, January 16, 2012 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Tape salad. The stage just before the tape in the cassette is giving up the ghost and gives you a tape salad is what this album reminds me about. I did not expect to get a tape salad from a CD though. But I am starting to wonder what's next from my CD player now. The reason for my worries is Ge ... (read more)

Report this review (#605753) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Sunday, January 08, 2012 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I hate to give this album one star, but I couldn't get to the end of it, it was a torture to listen to. At first I thought my copy was defective as the overall sound is muddy and of bootleg quality. The crisp sound of R30 and Snakes & Arrows Live is absent from this record... Then there was Ge ... (read more)

Report this review (#568984) | Posted by Harkonnen | Wednesday, November 16, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Well, another tour and another Rush live album, and as a Rush fan I bought it on the first day of the release. So is it any good, and how does Geddy sound? Well, Geddy's voice is fine. He still nails the notes of Freewill and the the whole band performs fantastically in the style that we Rush fan ... (read more)

Report this review (#567800) | Posted by TerryK | Monday, November 14, 2011 | Review Permanlink

3 stars ..... On first listen I thought this was mastered at the wrong speed, so LOW are Geddy Lees's vocals .... actually my first thought was "Who is this awful bar-band singer pretending to be Geddy? Yes, I know he had a cold ... but honestly ... i think it's time for Rush to call it a day if this ... (read more)

Report this review (#567737) | Posted by Matt-T | Monday, November 14, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RUSH "Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland"