TIME MACHINE 2011: LIVE IN CLEVELAND

Good, but non-essential

Buy RUSH Music
Live, released in 2011

Disc One:

1. The Spirit Of Radio (5:02)
2. Time Stand Still (5:16)
3. Presto (6:32)
4. Stick It Out (4:22)
5. Workin' Them Angels (4:44)
6. Leave That Thing Alone (5:13)
7. Faithless (5:57)
13. Red Barchetta (6:55)
14. YYZ (4:32)

Disc Two:

15. Limelight (4:31)
16. The Camera Eye (10:10)
17. Witch Hunt (4:42)
18. Vital Signs (5:28)
19. Caravan (5:36)
20. Moto Perpetuo (8:22)
21. O'Malley's Break (1:33)
22. Closer To The Heart (3:28)
23. 2112 Overture/The Temples Of Syrinx (7:10)
24. Far Cry (6:22)
25. La Villa Strangiato (7:40)
26. Working Man (6:40)

Search RUSH Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland lyrics

Search RUSH Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland tabs

-Alex Lifeson - Guitars, keyboards
-Geddy Lee - Bass guitar, vocals, keyboards
-Neil Peart - Drums, percussion

Two-Disc Set on Roadrunner Records

Thanks to sfranke for the addition

RUSH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RUSH Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland Music

Moving PicturesMoving Pictures
21122112
Mercury 1997
The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987
Mercury 2003
Island / Mercury 1997
Permanent WavesPermanent Waves
Power WindowsPower Windows
Mercury 1997
Neil Young - After the Gold Rush - Gatefold Vinyl LP - Reprise Records #RS 6383 US $11.95 Buy It Now 32m 37s
Door to Door by Albert King-Otis Rush-Otis Spann-B.B. King (CD,1987,Chess/Vogue) US $7.00 Buy It Now 33m 54s
JENNIFER RUSH ~ THE POWER OF LOVE ~ CBS VINYL L.P 1984 10 SONGS MADONNA'S EYES * US $11.24 Buy It Now 36m 28s
Energy Rush II Compilation CD Work-out Party 1994 Mix Music US $4.99 Buy It Now 36m 42s
**Original Pressing** 1984 Tom Rush "Late Night Radio" AUDIOPHILE Gold Vinyl LP US $20.99 Buy It Now 37m 34s
Rush, Power Windows, Vinyl LP, Pop/Progressive Rock, 1st Edition, 1985 US $10.50 [0 bids]
37m 34s
ALY AND AJ**INTO THE RUSH**CD US $14.69 Buy It Now 43m 22s
TOM RUSH: NEW YEAR - HS-28011 STEREO **(N/ MINT VINYL)** US $24.52 Buy It Now 46m 50s
RUSH FLY BY NIGHT ORIGINAL LP RECYCLED SLEEVE CLOCK US $32.15 [0 bids]
47m 18s
RICHARD MARX-Rush Street-BILLY JOEL-JEFF PORCARO-CD'S US $6.99 Buy It Now 55m 14s
BLACK GOLD - RUSH [SLIPCASE] - NEW CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 56m 30s
MAHOGANY RUSH VINYL strange universe LP RARE PROMO Frank Marino SHIPS US FREE Ex US $35.00 Buy It Now 57m 24s
Cocteau Twins.In The Gold Dust Rush. Beggars Banquet Sampler US $12.85 [0 bids]
2 Richard Marx CD Rush Street - Paid Vacation with Billy Joel - Luther Vandross US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
The Girls Rush / The girl from yesterday Promo CD Single US $5.37 Buy It Now 1h 3m
VARIOUS - WORKING MAN A Tribute to RUSH (1996) CD Album US $3.22 [0 bids]
VARIOUS - MINISTRY OF SOUND THE RUSH (2008) 2 x CD Album US $1.61 [0 bids]
RUSH - RETROSPECTIVE 3 NEW CD US $21.41 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Folksong "65 Phil Ochs ,Tom Paxton,Tom Rush,Judy Collins Lp No reserve US $9.00 [0 bids]
Rush Hour 2 by Original Soundtrack (CD, Jul-2001, Def Jam (USA) US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Jane Wiedlin EMI Manhattan 45 Record #50118 VG+ The End Of Love / Rush Hour US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Megadeath / Pink Floyd / Primus / Rush Misc Heavy Metal Etc Cassette Tape Lot US $23.00 [0 bids]
Richard Marx Music CD - Rush Street - Lot 6 US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Mahogany Rush-Maxoom Promo LP Super Rare Excellent Copy w/Promo Labels and Stick US $68.98 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Mahogany Rush-IV WLP Promo LP w/Timing Strip and Gold Stamp Near Mint US $34.98 Buy It Now 1h 26m
RICHARD MARX, RUSH STREET, CASSETTE US $0.99 [0 bids]
Timberline - The Great Timber Rush - White Lable Promo - LP (Vinyl) Epic PE34681 US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Tabache - Wave of Rush (CD, Feb-1999, KRL) New! US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
RUSH new world man/vital signs(live)/freewill-free UK post US $18.66 Buy It Now 1h 34m
RUSH countdown/new world man/spirit of radio(live)- free UK post US $19.28 Buy It Now 1h 34m
(EU980) Delays, Everythings The Rush - 2008 DJ CD US $4.81 [0 bids]
RUSH - CLASSIC ALBUMS: 2112 & MOVING PICTURES / NEW DVD US $15.65 Buy It Now 1h 41m
NEIL YOUNG - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH NEW CD US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
RUSH - R30 (BACKSTAGE) (PASS) (&) (GUITAR) (PICKS) (4PC) (DLX) NEW DVD US $46.28 Buy It Now 1h 43m
rush lp signals w/inner srm-1-4063 'MASTERDISK' vg+/vg++ US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 44m
RUSH IN RIO LIMITED EDITION SAMPLER CD SEALED BRAND NEW DIGIPACK 2112 signals US $9.00 [0 bids]
JENNIFER RUSH LP self titled 1984 Cbs german press US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 47m
JENNIFER RUSH - The Power Of Love - Ex Con 7" Single US $6.42 Buy It Now 1h 49m
HARD ROCK ESSENTIALS THE 80'S-RUSH-KISS-STYX-CASSETTE US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 50m
A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay (CD, Aug-2002, Capitol) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 51m
The Waterboy Original Soundtrack CD (Nov-1998, Hollywood) CCR, The Doors, Rush US $0.99 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Cute Is What We Aim For - The Same Old Blood Rush with a New Touch (CD) US $0.99 [0 bids]
RUSH Hold Your Fire JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 56m
New: ALBERT KING & OTIS RUSH - Door to Door (Chess Records) [Import] blues CD US $4.98 Buy It Now 1h 58m
RUSH Power Window JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD New US $44.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
RUSH - A SHOW OF HANDS (CD 1989) US $6.42 Buy It Now 2h 4m
"BLUES POWER" CD, John Lee Hooker, T Bone Walker, Otis Rush, Leadbelly, Odetta US $3.20 [0 bids]
RARE Funk BOBBY RUSH: MARY JANE & CHICKEN HEADS; GALAXY 778 Northern 45 US $7.00 [0 bids]
(CD) RUSH - Fly By Night / W. Germany Import / 822 542-2 M-1 US $17.99 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Rush / 8 Mini Shm Japanese Cds With Slipcase Box / 99p Start US $130.26 [11 bids]
RUSH ARCHIVES SRM-3-9200 US $35.00 Buy It Now 2h 14m
OTIS RUSH - WEST CHICAGO BLUES (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $13.83 Buy It Now 2h 14m
MERRILEE RUSH rock 45 YOUR LOVING EYES ARE BLIND / EVERYDAY LIVIN' DAYS VG- US $2.25 Buy It Now 2h 19m
Marillion "Script For A Jester's Tear" LP Fish Genesis Rush Julian Cope Saga Yes US $7.99 [0 bids]
MERRILEE RUSH: REACH OUT 1968 AGP White Promo Label VG+ US $4.95 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Wake Your Daughter Up by No Face (Rap) (Cassette, Sep-1990, RAL (Rush Associated US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Rush 2112 Mercury Records SRM-1-1079 masterdisk US $30.00 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Roll the Bones by Rush (CD, Sep-1991, Atlantic (Label)) US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Rush Street by Richard Marx CD, Nov-1991, Capitol/EMI Record Club Issue VG+ US $2.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
RUSH- Power Windows CD (WEST GERMANY 1985) 1st Press/NON Remastered 01 No IFPI US $12.85 [0 bids]
Into the Rush by Aly & AJ (CD, Aug-2005, Hollywood) US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Rush of Fools by Rush of Fools (CD, May-2007, Midas Records) UNDO US $4.22 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Mahogany Rush IV with rare press photo and kit US $7.49 Buy It Now 2h 29m
DEBBIE HARRY RUSH RUSH / SCARFACE chrysalis 2752 US $10.45 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Rush - Counterparts NEW CD US $9.87 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush - What's Next - LP US $1.99 [0 bids]
Rush / 2112 / 1976 UK 1st press Mercury Records LP / EX++ US $32.15 Buy It Now 2h 34m
A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay US $1.99 [0 bids]
TOM RUSH- WHO DO YOU LOVE -Folk Rock Promo 45" Near Mint US $7.99 [0 bids]
Rush Personalised Birthday Christmas Greetings Anniversary Thank You Card R26 US $4.81 Buy It Now 2h 36m
RUSH In The Mood/What You're Doing CANADIAN 1ST 45 -7" SINGLE Very Rare US $44.54 [0 bids]
RUSH Closer to the Heart CANADIAN 7" SINGLE w/ Picture Sleeve VERY RARE US $66.82 [0 bids]
RUSH : RUSH CD - MINT! -"Atomic Version" Label US $6.95 [0 bids]
R & B ~ BOBBY RUSH ~ ON TOP 2000 "GOTTA BE FUNKY / GOTTA FIND YOU GIRL" 1960s US $11.95 [0 bids]
BRENDA LEE - FOOLS RUSH IN NEW CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 41m
OTIS RUSH 'Double Trouble / Keep on Loving 7" Magic Sam buddy guy chess cobra US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Trudy Richards 45 Don't Rush Me JUBILEE US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Clockwork Angels Tour [Digipak] by Rush (CD, Nov-2013, 3 Discs, Roadrunner... US $12.99 [0 bids]
Presto by Rush (CD, Nov-1989, Atlantic (Label)) CD, ARTWORK & PAPER SLEEVE ONLY US $1.99 Buy It Now 2h 49m
* Rush Hour [Original Soundtrack] US $0.25 [0 bids]
RUSH *GOOD* 1975 US POLYGRAM CASSETTE "CARESS OF STEEL" US $1.85 Buy It Now 2h 50m
RUSH *VG+*1981 JAPANESE PRESSED EPIC CD "EXIT STAGE LEFT" US $20.99 Buy It Now 2h 50m
RUSH *VG+* 1997 US MERCURY CD "FAREWELL TO KINGS" US $3.69 Buy It Now 2h 50m
OTIS RUSH I'm Satisfied / So Many Roads Trains Magic Sam buddy guy chess cobra US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 52m
MERRILEE RUSH & THE TURNABOUTS That Kind of Woman / Sunshine & Roses 1968 45rpm US $11.99 Buy It Now 2h 54m
*NEW LIMITED YELLOW/ORANGE VINYL RSD2014 7" SINGLE* Love/Rush "7 And 7 Is" US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Rush Counterparts CD Music Band Good Condition US $0.99 [0 bids]
Lot of 2 RUSH cds in Very Good Condition! HARD ROCK! GEDDY LEE US $4.00 [1 bids]
RUSH rush 8 track tape US $14.94 [5 bids]
3h
RUSH permanent waves 8 track tape US $9.99 [0 bids]
Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush WHAT'S NEXT LP Columbia JC 38204 US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 3m
Twista CD - Get It Wet - from album Adrenaline Rush US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 10m
Feel,Travis Rush [Digipak] US $4.20 Buy It Now 3h 11m
RUSH 2112 CASSETTE 1976, Good Plus (G+), POLYGRAM, hard rock, Progressive/Rock US $2.99 [0 bids]
Public Enemy Yo! Bum Rush the Show Vinyl LP Hip Hop Def Jam Chuck D 1987 Record US $12.00 [0 bids]
Led Zeppelin / KISS / Iggy Pop / Rush / Dictators / Ted Nugent / Parliament US $6.59 Buy It Now 3h 15m
Rush Signals US $5.00 [0 bids]
1 One Cent CD - Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head CD 2002 US $0.99 Buy It Now 3h 17m
TOM RUSH - MERRIMACK COUNTY / LADIES LOVE OUTLAWS NEW CD US $21.41 Buy It Now 3h 18m
Black Rush 2112 All the Worlds a stage vintage rock pin badge circ late 1970's US $14.46 Buy It Now 3h 22m

More places to buy RUSH music online Buy RUSH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RUSH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RUSH Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland ratings distribution

RUSH Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland reviews

Review by tarkus1980
3 stars Yawn. Lacking a new album to tour (a couple of tracks that would later make it onto Clockwork Angels appear here, but they're not the focus), the band decided to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Moving Pictures by doing that album in its entirety (with the rest of the album filled out with a mix of standards and slight surprises). Quite honestly, I don't understand why that's such a huge deal; it's kinda neat that the band brought back "The Camera Eye" (done every bit as "pretty good" as the original was), but five of the other tracks had been done at least once in the last two live albums, and the band had done "Red Barchetta" on a leg of the Snakes and Arrows tour. It's not like the band was especially stretching itself by doing all of the MP tracks, and the album never had any tight conceptuality that would make it flow better as a unit, and it's not like the album performance ended up fitting on one disc, so all I can do is shrug my shoulders at the decision. "Tom Sawyer" and "Limelight" still sound great (though, as on the last live album, they're slowly creeping towards sluggishness), the rest sound good (though "Vital Signs" is still an underwhelming closer), and there are bunches of movie and TV clips sampled in for whatever reason.

The band makes some interesting choices in terms of older material they choose to resurrect; I've never liked "Time Stand Still" as much as "Force Ten" or "Presto" as much as "The Pass," but they both sound ok here, and I'm rather pleased that "Stick it Out" makes a return (I would've preferred "Animate," but I guess they were making a concerted effort to pull in some less obvious choices). The band totally ditches Vapor Trails and Test for Echo, but three Snakes and Arrows tracks make it on, and while I still don't like "Working Them Angels," I've always enjoyed "Far Cry," and I'm very pleased to hear "Faithless" get a live treatment. Elsewhere, aside from a slightly surprising revival of "Marathon," the material is all familiar; aside from a brief acoustic solo, and whatever variations Neil threw into his endless drum solo, everything else here either appeared on Rio or Snakes and Arrows Live, and all of it is done in a way closer to the latter than the former.

I suppose there's nothing especially wrong with this live album (though there's nothing especially great about it either), and as secretly half-assed as the gimmick for this live album (doing Moving Pictures straight through) may be, it's still better than having no gimmick at all. I guess that if I had to choose between this and Snakes and Arrows Live I would take this one, but that's a pretty silly decision to have to make.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#825084) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 20, 2012

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Helloooooooooooo Cleveland! Sniff sniff

Rush are definitely in my top 3 favourite bands, and I have been putting off this review now for a year. Okay now for a true confession. This is Rush's worst live album. This is not going to be pleasant coming from a huge Rush fan. I have been listening to this latest live Rush for some time and everytime it starts I shake my head in dismay at how bad the sound is, the production is TINNY! It is beyond belief, the guitars jangle and the cymbals shatter throughout, the bottom end of bass is trebled out and then there is Geddy's voice. I have heard all of the past live release and he is a dynamic presence on every song. Here on the Time Machine Tour he is off key, flat, and struggles to hit any high notes, sometimes squeaking or whispering the high notes. Surely he could bring some of the melodies down a tad if that were a problem. He sounds like his nose is blocked when he sings 'if I could wave my magic wand' on 'Presto', and of course it became common knowledge that Geddy had a cold that night. That is okay, it happens to rock stars and they get through concert tours the best way they can. But why do we have to sit through an official live release when the band are not in peak condition, that is just wrong. Furthermore, the concert was filmed and I have watched that and admittedly Lee's vocals are overshadowed by the stunning visuals, so that is definitely worth getting despite the awful sound and caterwauling vocals.

This concert could have been brilliant as it features the entire 'Moving Pictures' album and that is certainly a drawcard worth checking out and earns an extra star on its own. There are some wonderful choices on the setlist with songs rarely heard if at all. It is great to hear 'Presto' for a change, and 'Stick It Out' the rocker from one of my favourite albums.

The classics are here as always and I always look forward to the incredible musicianship on live staples 'Tom Sawyer', 'Limelight' and the finale, the last 27 minutes, is incredible with '2112 Overture/The Temples Of Syrinx', 'Far Cry', 'La Villa Strangiato' and 'Working Man'. Alex Lifeson absolutely has a killer time with fret melting lead breaks and trademark chord structures, simply genius playing, so I will add a star for that. Of particular interest are songs from the 'Clockwork Angels' album though they are only the 2 from the single, it is still terrific to hear them live. Peart gets to attack his drums in his infamous drum soloing with odd music thrown in to jazz it up, such an incredible drummer. So another star awarded for his virtuoso playing, what are we up to now, 3 stars?

Overall this live album is disappointing due to the sound and Lee's voice but here it is, with the good and the bad in full public view. Perhaps as a bonus CD this would be forgivable or as a bootleg but this is quite painful at times, and it makes me sad to hear every time, but it is deserved of the scathing reviews it has received. Grab the DVD if you see it cheap. Now, roll on 2013 and they deserve to be inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame!

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#851413) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 05, 2012

Review by lazland
2 stars So, on Thursday last, after a shopping session with the wife, I was asked if there was anywhere I wished to go before picking my Mother up. Yes, I said, let's go to Tangled Parrot (the local independent record shop). Incredibly, she graciously agreed to this suggestion!

At said shop, I purchased this for the princely sum of 13. Even at the time I parted with said cash, I was asking myself; "do I really need another Rush live album?"

I have only seen this great band once, this on the original Moving Pictures tour. Fate, and other disasters, have meant that was the one and only time. So, to get my fix, I have brought virtually every live opus released since. My favourite remains the incredible Live in Rio, which is probably as close to the archetypal later Rush live album as you will get, in much the same way as Exit Stage Left was the archetypal early live document.

The selling point of this, in truth, was the fact it had the whole of Moving Pictures live. That album remains one of my favourite records of all time.

Sitting down to write this review brings a sense of disappointment. Is it a bad album? Well, no. As I have said in my reviews of latter day Rush albums, they are incapable of doing bad. It is, though, disappointing. The production is quite terrible, and Geddy, in particular, sounds quite awful in places. I also get the impression, especially in the period between the close of the Moving Pictures album and the "classic pieces" sequence, that we have a band merely going through the motions. Dare I say it, but Peart's drum solo verges on the boring.

Really, though, aside from the inclusion of a couple of tracks from Snakes and Ladders (which, btw, is by far and away my least favourite album by the band), most of this stuff can be heard elsewhere, and a damn sight better sounding as well.

It is probably heresy to say this, but I will say it anyway. Every single band has a shelf life. On this evidence, Rush are approaching the end of their days. This live album is one for collector's only. People, like me, who really have to have a complete sequence of a career. Otherwise, do not bother. Get the better sounds and releases of a wondrous career.

Send comments to lazland (BETA) | Report this review (#1078272) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, November 17, 2013

3 stars I'd like to start by saying that I saw Rush three times on their Time Machine Tour and the dates were all spread apart. I saw them in Atlanta, GA, Greensboro, NC, and Greenville, SC. The Greensboro show was actually a day or two before this concert was recorded. That being said, let me continue on ... (read more)

Report this review (#610867) | Posted by LastDaysofParadise | Monday, January 16, 2012 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Tape salad. The stage just before the tape in the cassette is giving up the ghost and gives you a tape salad is what this album reminds me about. I did not expect to get a tape salad from a CD though. But I am starting to wonder what's next from my CD player now. The reason for my worries is Ge ... (read more)

Report this review (#605753) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Sunday, January 08, 2012 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I hate to give this album one star, but I couldn't get to the end of it, it was a torture to listen to. At first I thought my copy was defective as the overall sound is muddy and of bootleg quality. The crisp sound of R30 and Snakes & Arrows Live is absent from this record... Then there was Ge ... (read more)

Report this review (#568984) | Posted by Harkonnen | Wednesday, November 16, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Well, another tour and another Rush live album, and as a Rush fan I bought it on the first day of the release. So is it any good, and how does Geddy sound? Well, Geddy's voice is fine. He still nails the notes of Freewill and the the whole band performs fantastically in the style that we Rush fan ... (read more)

Report this review (#567800) | Posted by TerryK | Monday, November 14, 2011 | Review Permanlink

3 stars ..... On first listen I thought this was mastered at the wrong speed, so LOW are Geddy Lees's vocals .... actually my first thought was "Who is this awful bar-band singer pretending to be Geddy? Yes, I know he had a cold ... but honestly ... i think it's time for Rush to call it a day if this ... (read more)

Report this review (#567737) | Posted by Matt-T | Monday, November 14, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RUSH "Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland"