TIME MACHINE 2011: LIVE IN CLEVELAND

Good, but non-essential

Buy RUSH Music
Live, released in 2011

Disc One:

1. The Spirit Of Radio (5:02)
2. Time Stand Still (5:16)
3. Presto (6:32)
4. Stick It Out (4:22)
5. Workin' Them Angels (4:44)
6. Leave That Thing Alone (5:13)
7. Faithless (5:57)
13. Red Barchetta (6:55)
14. YYZ (4:32)

Disc Two:

15. Limelight (4:31)
16. The Camera Eye (10:10)
17. Witch Hunt (4:42)
18. Vital Signs (5:28)
19. Caravan (5:36)
20. Moto Perpetuo (8:22)
21. O'Malley's Break (1:33)
22. Closer To The Heart (3:28)
23. 2112 Overture/The Temples Of Syrinx (7:10)
24. Far Cry (6:22)
25. La Villa Strangiato (7:40)
26. Working Man (6:40)

Search RUSH Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland lyrics

Search RUSH Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland tabs

-Alex Lifeson - Guitars, keyboards
-Geddy Lee - Bass guitar, vocals, keyboards
-Neil Peart - Drums, percussion

Two-Disc Set on Roadrunner Records

Thanks to sfranke for the addition

RUSH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RUSH Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland Music

The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987
Mercury 2003
RushRush
Island / Mercury 1997
A Farewell to KingsA Farewell to Kings
Mercury 1997
Vapor Trails (Remixed)Vapor Trails (Remixed)
Rhino 2013
HemispheresHemispheres
Grace Under PressureGrace Under Pressure
Permanent WavesPermanent Waves
Mercury 1997
Paula Abdul Rush Rush 1988-1995 No.1 Single Taiwan only Promo CD US $149.99 Buy It Now 39m 29s
RUSH HOLD YOUR FIRE~NM-/NM- SHRINK~INNER~RARE BMG RECORD CLUB~1987 MERCURY ORIG US $20.00 [0 bids]
43m 13s
Merrilee Rush & The Turnabouts - Angel Of The Morning / Reap What You Sow 1968 US $1.79 Buy It Now 53m 6s
NEIL YOUNG DECADE~NM/NM/NM/NM- 3-LP~AMAZING CONDITION!~CINNAMON GIRL~GOLD RUSH US $15.00 [0 bids]
53m 56s
Merrilee Rush & The Turnabouts - Angel Of The Morning / That Kind Of Woman 1968 US $2.99 Buy It Now 55m 27s
Opus 3: Evolution rush 12" 12inch vinyl record single 9d US $4.50 Buy It Now 55m 48s
RUSH Retrospective, Vol. 1 (1974-1980) CD US $4.99 [0 bids]
58m 9s
Merrilee Rush & The Turnabouts - That Kind Of Woman / Sunshine And Roses 1968 US $1.39 Buy It Now 58m 20s
RUSH 2112 SO VERY AMAZINGLY RARE ISRAEL ISRAELI PROMO CD US $9.95 [0 bids]
Jennifer Rush-Flames of Paradise-12"Single-Vinyl Record-Epic-4906829-Near Mint US $2.99 [0 bids]
Rush - Signals (Mercury) 1997 remaster US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Michael Andrews - Freaks and Geeks soundtrack XTC, Rush, The Who U.S. cd - RARE! US $8.97 Buy It Now 2h
Fly by Night [Remaster] by Rush (CD, May-1997, Mercury) US $5.98 Buy It Now 2h
RUSH**SNAKES AND ARROWS**CD US $7.95 Buy It Now 2h 3m
Caress of Steel by Rush (CD, May-1997, Mercury) US $4.27 Buy It Now 2h 4m
2112 [Remaster] by Rush (CD, May-1997, Mercury) US $4.27 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Merrilee Rush-Self Titled-LP-In Shrink Wrap-vg+ US $2.99 [0 bids]
Lucky 13 Promo Disc CD Kid Rock, Rush, Silverchair, Bush RARE 2002 Atlantic US $13.00 Buy It Now 2h 8m
AXE6 - Rush Of Love JAPAN CD 1995 RARE Japanese rock US $26.59 Buy It Now 2h 14m
Rush 2LP Exit Stage Left US $4.49 [0 bids]
RUSH Icon CD BRAND NEW 12 Track Compilation US $13.76 Buy It Now 2h 27m
Permanent Waves [Remaster] by Rush (CD, May-1997, Mercury) US $4.27 Buy It Now 2h 36m
BLACKROOT debut album LAST GREAT THING inspired by Jimi Hendrix Rush Pink Floyd US $4.85 Buy It Now 2h 39m
Barsha-Who's The Master?-12"-Bum Rush-DMD1532-VG++ US $2.99 [0 bids]
Grace Under Pressure [Remaster] by Rush (CD, Jul-1997, Mercury) US $4.27 Buy It Now 2h 44m
ADRENALINE RUSH ( Tåve Wanning ) CD MOTLEY CRUE US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 45m
RUSH MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK ERIC CLAPTON CD 1992 w/BUDDY GUY US $6.95 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Power Windows [Remaster] by Rush (CD, Jun-1997, Mercury) US $13.67 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Rush 2112 (Gatefold) (1976, Phonogram) *SRM-1-1079* Record US $29.97 Buy It Now 2h 56m
Snakes & Arrows by Rush (CD, May-2007, Atlantic (Label)) US $5.12 Buy It Now 3h
RUSH CLOCKWORK ANGEL CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P!! US $145.89 Buy It Now 3h 4m
Roll the Bones by Rush (CD, Sep-1991, Atlantic (Label)) US $6.49 Buy It Now 3h 5m
RUSH ~ Signals ~ VINYL LP US $21.06 Buy It Now 3h 8m
ARGUELLES,JULIAN-GROUND RUSH (PORT) CD NEW US $18.69 Buy It Now 3h 9m
PAULA ABDUL rare PROMO make-up case SPELLBOUND rush rush Promise of a New Day US $39.99 Buy It Now 3h 27m
Rush - Vapor Trails [CD New] US $5.12 Buy It Now 3h 51m
RUSH CLAPTON SOUNDTRACK Cd US $12.97 Buy It Now 4h 16m
BIG TIME RUSH ELEVATE CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $145.89 Buy It Now 4h 20m
BRIAN MAY AND THE ABC SHOWBAND THEME FROM RUSH / SEVEN LITTLE OZ 7 Inch Record US $13.76 Buy It Now 4h 42m
OTIS RUSH: Three Times A Fool / My Love Will Never Die 45 Blues US $20.00 Buy It Now 4h 45m
RUSH Hemispheres JAPAN Mini LP SHM-CD 1978 6th 35th Anniversary US $29.50 Buy It Now 4h 58m
?LISTEN n6648 LP - FRANK MARINO & MAHOGANY RUSH / TALES OF THE UNEXPECTED - 1979 US $7.49 Buy It Now 4h 59m
RUSH hemispheres CASSETTE TAPE - ROCK / PROG / AOR US $5.66 Buy It Now 5h
RUSH Permanent Waves JAPAN Mini LP SHM-CD 1980 7th 35th Anniversary US $28.50 Buy It Now 5h
RUSH Snakes & Arrows JAPAN Mini LP SHM-CD 2007 18th Original Studio Album US $28.50 Buy It Now 5h
RUSH hold your fire CASSETTE TAPE - ROCK / PROG / AOR US $5.66 Buy It Now 5h 2m
MARTINI, Vincent feat LEE RUSH - Dirty Girl - CD single US $13.68 Buy It Now 5h 6m
RUSH - VAPOR TRAILS REMIXED: CD ALBUM (2013) US $11.33 Buy It Now 5h 17m
RUSH Fly By Night UK 1st press vinyl LP Fully laminated + insert Nr Mint US $48.62 Buy It Now 5h 24m
Rick Nelson - Fools Rush In 1963 7" Brunswick 05895 US $5.67 Buy It Now 5h 27m
Rush - 'Roll the Bones' cd (prog rock) US $3.23 [0 bids]
Rush - 'Test for Echo' cd (prog rock) US $3.23 [0 bids]
ADRENALINE RUSH - S/T (2014 CD) US $9.08 [6 bids]
JENNIFER RUSH "SELF TITLED" LP RECORD US $14.00 Buy It Now 5h 41m
Carry Us Now - Of Fools Rush New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $12.36 Buy It Now 5h 41m
JENNIFER RUSH "THE POWER OF LOVE" 7" 45 RECORD US $6.13 Buy It Now 5h 48m
RUSH - NEW WORLD MAN CANADA 7" SINGLE (ANS 046) US $20.00 Buy It Now 5h 57m
LEARN TO PLAY RUSH ELECTRIC GUITAR LICK LIBRARY DVD NEW US $26.23 Buy It Now 6h
Angel of the Morning, Merrilee Rush, Good US $24.94 Buy It Now 6h 3m
RUSH - SELF TITLED LP CANADIAN PRESS ANTHEM RECORDS ANR 1601 US $30.62 Buy It Now 6h 5m
NME November 21 1981 Earth Wind and Fire The Cure Judas Priest Rush Teardrop Exp US $13.13 Buy It Now 6h 7m
Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to Your Head CD US $3.50 Buy It Now 6h 13m
Big Time Rush by Big Time Rush (CD, Oct-2010, Columbia (USA)) US $4.99 Buy It Now 6h 23m
PRELUDE. "AFTER THE GOLD RUSH" 7" PICTURE DISC, ORIG UK 1982. NM US $16.20 Buy It Now 6h 23m
FOREIGNER , ULTRA RARE ZIMBABWE PRESSING , 4 , MAIDEN , AC/DC , KISS , RUSH US $3.24 Buy It Now 6h 25m
Placido Domingo/ Jennifer Rush(7" Vinyl P/S)Till I Loved You-654843 7-UK-VG/Ex US $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 40m
MUSE - absolution (rush,oasis,the strokes,killers,britrock,ferdinand,the cure) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Rush - Power Windows Cd w/Box-OBI JAPAN issue US $49.99 Buy It Now 6h 45m
Jennifer Rush(7" Vinyl)I Come Undone-CBS-650380 7-UK-Ex/Ex US $10.99 Buy It Now 6h 49m
Jennifer Rush(7" Vinyl)Destiny-CBS-A6574-UK-NM/NM US $13.99 Buy It Now 6h 49m
Jennifer Rush(7" Vinyl)The Power Of Love-CBS-A 5003-UK-VG+/Ex US $11.99 Buy It Now 6h 49m
Jennifer Rush(7" Vinyl)Flames Of Paradise-CBS-650865 7-UK-VG+/Ex US $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 55m
Jennifer Rush(7" Vinyl)The Power Of Love-CBS-A5003-UK-VG+/Ex US $4.99 Buy It Now 6h 56m
Jennifer Rush(7" Vinyl)The Power Of Love-CBS-A 5003-UK-VG+/NM US $8.99 Buy It Now 6h 56m
RUSH cd lgo A FAREWELL TO KINGS Official STICKER Prog US $4.37 Buy It Now 6h 58m
COLDPLAY CD Album A RUSH OF BLOOD TO THE HEAD Orig 2002 MINT Cond 11 trax US $4.86 Buy It Now 7h
Rush: Presto Men's Short Sleeve Cotton T-Shirt - New & Official In Bag US $19.45 Buy It Now 7h 8m
Dica & Big Vern Weekend Rush EP 12" Boogie Beat Records 1992 OLDSKOOL US $27.54 Buy It Now 7h 17m
MARX,RICHARD-RUSH STREET CD NEW US $14.88 Buy It Now 7h 17m
RUSH,TOM-TOM RUSH CD NEW US $8.79 Buy It Now 7h 18m
RUSH-CLOCKWORK ANGELS (JPN) CD NEW US $43.11 Buy It Now 7h 18m
RUSH-CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR (JPN) CD NEW US $51.34 Buy It Now 7h 18m
Rush 3 CDS LOT, LIKE NEW condition! Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Signals US $17.00 [0 bids]
Rush Clockwork Angels Tour Limited Deluxe Edition Blu-ray DVD CD Box Set NEW US $79.99 Buy It Now 7h 27m
Rush - Retrospective 3 [CD New] US $12.68 Buy It Now 7h 36m
RUSH-TIME MACHINE 2011 LIVE IN CLEVELAND-JAPAN 2CDs I45 zd US $39.50 Buy It Now 7h 40m
Doneell Rush(7" Vinyl P/S)Symphony-D Records-658797 7-UK-VG/Ex US $11.33 Buy It Now 7h 42m
Donell Rush(7" Vinyl P/S)Symphony-D Records-658797 7-UK-VG/VG+ US $9.71 Buy It Now 7h 42m
Jennifer Rush(7" Vinyl P/S)The Power Of Love-CBS-A 5003-UK-Ex/NM US $11.33 Buy It Now 7h 42m
Jennifer Rush(7" Vinyl P/S)The Power Of Love-CBS-A 5003-UK-VG+/NM US $16.20 Buy It Now 7h 42m
Jennifer Rush(7" Vinyl P/S)Ring Of Ice-CBS-A 4745-UK-Ex/NM US $11.33 Buy It Now 7h 42m
RUSH Clockwork Angels Tour 2013 3x CD NEW & SEALED US $25.53 Buy It Now 7h 50m
A Show of Hands by Rush (CD, Jan-1989, Mercury) US $4.00 Buy It Now 7h 52m
Int. Musician July 1983 Rush The Police Tears For Fears Joni Mitchell Eurythmics US $6.65 Buy It Now 7h 56m
Chamber Maid: The Baroque Tribute to Rush (CD, Oct-2004, Vitamin Records (USA)) US $6.50 Buy It Now 7h 59m
DJ RUSH - She Is Fine (Gary Beck remix) - 1-sided red vinyl 12" US $17.17 Buy It Now 8h

More places to buy RUSH music online Buy RUSH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RUSH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RUSH Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland ratings distribution

RUSH Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland reviews

Review by tarkus1980
3 stars Yawn. Lacking a new album to tour (a couple of tracks that would later make it onto Clockwork Angels appear here, but they're not the focus), the band decided to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Moving Pictures by doing that album in its entirety (with the rest of the album filled out with a mix of standards and slight surprises). Quite honestly, I don't understand why that's such a huge deal; it's kinda neat that the band brought back "The Camera Eye" (done every bit as "pretty good" as the original was), but five of the other tracks had been done at least once in the last two live albums, and the band had done "Red Barchetta" on a leg of the Snakes and Arrows tour. It's not like the band was especially stretching itself by doing all of the MP tracks, and the album never had any tight conceptuality that would make it flow better as a unit, and it's not like the album performance ended up fitting on one disc, so all I can do is shrug my shoulders at the decision. "Tom Sawyer" and "Limelight" still sound great (though, as on the last live album, they're slowly creeping towards sluggishness), the rest sound good (though "Vital Signs" is still an underwhelming closer), and there are bunches of movie and TV clips sampled in for whatever reason.

The band makes some interesting choices in terms of older material they choose to resurrect; I've never liked "Time Stand Still" as much as "Force Ten" or "Presto" as much as "The Pass," but they both sound ok here, and I'm rather pleased that "Stick it Out" makes a return (I would've preferred "Animate," but I guess they were making a concerted effort to pull in some less obvious choices). The band totally ditches Vapor Trails and Test for Echo, but three Snakes and Arrows tracks make it on, and while I still don't like "Working Them Angels," I've always enjoyed "Far Cry," and I'm very pleased to hear "Faithless" get a live treatment. Elsewhere, aside from a slightly surprising revival of "Marathon," the material is all familiar; aside from a brief acoustic solo, and whatever variations Neil threw into his endless drum solo, everything else here either appeared on Rio or Snakes and Arrows Live, and all of it is done in a way closer to the latter than the former.

I suppose there's nothing especially wrong with this live album (though there's nothing especially great about it either), and as secretly half-assed as the gimmick for this live album (doing Moving Pictures straight through) may be, it's still better than having no gimmick at all. I guess that if I had to choose between this and Snakes and Arrows Live I would take this one, but that's a pretty silly decision to have to make.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#825084) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 20, 2012

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Helloooooooooooo Cleveland! Sniff sniff

Rush are definitely in my top 3 favourite bands, and I have been putting off this review now for a year. Okay now for a true confession. This is Rush's worst live album. This is not going to be pleasant coming from a huge Rush fan. I have been listening to this latest live Rush for some time and everytime it starts I shake my head in dismay at how bad the sound is, the production is TINNY! It is beyond belief, the guitars jangle and the cymbals shatter throughout, the bottom end of bass is trebled out and then there is Geddy's voice. I have heard all of the past live release and he is a dynamic presence on every song. Here on the Time Machine Tour he is off key, flat, and struggles to hit any high notes, sometimes squeaking or whispering the high notes. Surely he could bring some of the melodies down a tad if that were a problem. He sounds like his nose is blocked when he sings 'if I could wave my magic wand' on 'Presto', and of course it became common knowledge that Geddy had a cold that night. That is okay, it happens to rock stars and they get through concert tours the best way they can. But why do we have to sit through an official live release when the band are not in peak condition, that is just wrong. Furthermore, the concert was filmed and I have watched that and admittedly Lee's vocals are overshadowed by the stunning visuals, so that is definitely worth getting despite the awful sound and caterwauling vocals.

This concert could have been brilliant as it features the entire 'Moving Pictures' album and that is certainly a drawcard worth checking out and earns an extra star on its own. There are some wonderful choices on the setlist with songs rarely heard if at all. It is great to hear 'Presto' for a change, and 'Stick It Out' the rocker from one of my favourite albums.

The classics are here as always and I always look forward to the incredible musicianship on live staples 'Tom Sawyer', 'Limelight' and the finale, the last 27 minutes, is incredible with '2112 Overture/The Temples Of Syrinx', 'Far Cry', 'La Villa Strangiato' and 'Working Man'. Alex Lifeson absolutely has a killer time with fret melting lead breaks and trademark chord structures, simply genius playing, so I will add a star for that. Of particular interest are songs from the 'Clockwork Angels' album though they are only the 2 from the single, it is still terrific to hear them live. Peart gets to attack his drums in his infamous drum soloing with odd music thrown in to jazz it up, such an incredible drummer. So another star awarded for his virtuoso playing, what are we up to now, 3 stars?

Overall this live album is disappointing due to the sound and Lee's voice but here it is, with the good and the bad in full public view. Perhaps as a bonus CD this would be forgivable or as a bootleg but this is quite painful at times, and it makes me sad to hear every time, but it is deserved of the scathing reviews it has received. Grab the DVD if you see it cheap. Now, roll on 2013 and they deserve to be inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame!

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#851413) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 05, 2012

Review by lazland
2 stars So, on Thursday last, after a shopping session with the wife, I was asked if there was anywhere I wished to go before picking my Mother up. Yes, I said, let's go to Tangled Parrot (the local independent record shop). Incredibly, she graciously agreed to this suggestion!

At said shop, I purchased this for the princely sum of £13. Even at the time I parted with said cash, I was asking myself; "do I really need another Rush live album?"

I have only seen this great band once, this on the original Moving Pictures tour. Fate, and other disasters, have meant that was the one and only time. So, to get my fix, I have brought virtually every live opus released since. My favourite remains the incredible Live in Rio, which is probably as close to the archetypal later Rush live album as you will get, in much the same way as Exit Stage Left was the archetypal early live document.

The selling point of this, in truth, was the fact it had the whole of Moving Pictures live. That album remains one of my favourite records of all time.

Sitting down to write this review brings a sense of disappointment. Is it a bad album? Well, no. As I have said in my reviews of latter day Rush albums, they are incapable of doing bad. It is, though, disappointing. The production is quite terrible, and Geddy, in particular, sounds quite awful in places. I also get the impression, especially in the period between the close of the Moving Pictures album and the "classic pieces" sequence, that we have a band merely going through the motions. Dare I say it, but Peart's drum solo verges on the boring.

Really, though, aside from the inclusion of a couple of tracks from Snakes and Ladders (which, btw, is by far and away my least favourite album by the band), most of this stuff can be heard elsewhere, and a damn sight better sounding as well.

It is probably heresy to say this, but I will say it anyway. Every single band has a shelf life. On this evidence, Rush are approaching the end of their days. This live album is one for collector's only. People, like me, who really have to have a complete sequence of a career. Otherwise, do not bother. Get the better sounds and releases of a wondrous career.

Send comments to lazland (BETA) | Report this review (#1078272) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, November 17, 2013

3 stars I'd like to start by saying that I saw Rush three times on their Time Machine Tour and the dates were all spread apart. I saw them in Atlanta, GA, Greensboro, NC, and Greenville, SC. The Greensboro show was actually a day or two before this concert was recorded. That being said, let me continue on ... (read more)

Report this review (#610867) | Posted by LastDaysofParadise | Monday, January 16, 2012 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Tape salad. The stage just before the tape in the cassette is giving up the ghost and gives you a tape salad is what this album reminds me about. I did not expect to get a tape salad from a CD though. But I am starting to wonder what's next from my CD player now. The reason for my worries is Ge ... (read more)

Report this review (#605753) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Sunday, January 08, 2012 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I hate to give this album one star, but I couldn't get to the end of it, it was a torture to listen to. At first I thought my copy was defective as the overall sound is muddy and of bootleg quality. The crisp sound of R30 and Snakes & Arrows Live is absent from this record... Then there was Ge ... (read more)

Report this review (#568984) | Posted by Harkonnen | Wednesday, November 16, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Well, another tour and another Rush live album, and as a Rush fan I bought it on the first day of the release. So is it any good, and how does Geddy sound? Well, Geddy's voice is fine. He still nails the notes of Freewill and the the whole band performs fantastically in the style that we Rush fan ... (read more)

Report this review (#567800) | Posted by TerryK | Monday, November 14, 2011 | Review Permanlink

3 stars ..... On first listen I thought this was mastered at the wrong speed, so LOW are Geddy Lees's vocals .... actually my first thought was "Who is this awful bar-band singer pretending to be Geddy? Yes, I know he had a cold ... but honestly ... i think it's time for Rush to call it a day if this ... (read more)

Report this review (#567737) | Posted by Matt-T | Monday, November 14, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RUSH "Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland"