SECTOR 1

1. Finding My Way (5:05)
2. Need Some Love (2:19)
3. Take A Friend (4:24)
4. Here Again (7:34)
5. What You're Doing (4:22)
6. In The Mood (3:33)
7. Before And After (5:34)
8. Working Man (7:10)

Disc 2: Fly By Night

1. Anthem (4:21)
2. Best I Can (3:24)
3. Beneath, Between And Behind (3:00)
4. By-Tor And The Snow Dog (8:57)
I) At The Tobes Of Hades
II) Across The Styx
III) Of The Battle
IV) Epilogue
5. Fly By Night (3:20)
6. Making Memories (2:56)
7. Rivendell (5:00)
8. In The End (6:51)

Disc 3: Caress of Steel

1. Bastille Day (4:36)
2. I think I'm Going Bald (3:35)
3. Lakeside Park (4:07)
4. The Necromancer: 12:30
I) Into The Darkness (4:20)
II) Under The Shadow (4:25)
III) Return Of The Prince (3:51)
5. The Fountain Of Lamneth: 19:50
I) In The Valley (4:17)
II) Didacts And Narpets (1:00)
III) No One At The Bridge (4:15)
IV) Panacea (3:12)
V) Bacchus Plateau (3:12)
VI) The Fountain (3:48)

Disc 4: 2112

Side 1
1. 2112: 20:34
I) Overture (4:32)
II) The Temples Of Syrinx (2:13)
III) Discovery (3:29)
IV) Presentation (3:42)
V) Oracle:The Dream (2:00)
VI) Soliloquy (2:21)
VII) The Grand Finale (2:14)
2. A Passage To Bangkok (3:34)
3. The Twilight Zone (3:18)
4. Lessons (3:51)
5. Tears (3:32)
6. Something For Nothing (3:59)

Disc 5: All the World's a Stage

1. Bastille Day (4:59)
2. Anthem (4:57)
3. Fly By Night / In The Mood (5:05)
4. Something For Nothing (4:03)
5. Lakeside Park (5:05)
6. 2112: 15:51
I) Overture (4:17)
II) The Temples Of Syrinx (2:13)
III) Presentation (4:29)
IV) Soliloquy (2:25)
V) Grand Finale (2:27)
7. By-Tor And The Snow Dog (12:01)
8. In The End (7:14)
9. Working Man/ Finding My Way (14:20)
10. What You're Doing (5:38)

Disc 6: Fly By Night (5.1)

1. Anthem (4:21)
2. Best I Can (3:24)
3. Beneath, Between And Behind (3:00)
4. By-Tor And The Snow Dog (8:57)
I) At The Tobes Of Hades
II) Across The Styx
III) Of The Battle
IV) Epilogue
5. Fly By Night (3:20)
6. Making Memories (2:56)
7. Rivendell (5:00)
8. In The End (6:51)

Search RUSH Sector 1 lyrics

Search RUSH Sector 1 tabs

- Alex Lifeson - Guitar
- Geddy Lee - Bass guitar, vocals
- Neil Peart - Drums, percussion

Six-Disc Set on Mercury; notable because the set contains "Fly By Night" on DVD in 5.1 sound.

Thanks to sfranke for the addition

RUSH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RUSH Sector 1 Music

Sector 1Sector 1
Box set · Remastered · CD+DVD
Mercury 2011

More places to buy RUSH music online Buy RUSH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RUSH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RUSH Sector 1 ratings distribution

RUSH Sector 1 reviews

Review by Gooner
4 stars A message from the Rush Website:

We are aware of some slight technical issues surrounding the CD of 'Fly By Night' inside the Sector 1 box set release and the DVD for 'A Farewell To Kings' inside the Sector 2 box set that some fans are experiencing. It stems from a production flaw and it is currently being addressed. As soon as production is completed a formal announcement of how to replace the discs will follow shortly. Please be aware that there may be a time delay in shipping and receiving the disc and we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience ? Geddy, Alex & Neil

(Gooner review): Yes, the CD of_Fly By Night_ is reprehensible; Rush states it's a production issue and plan to make good on it by replacing the CD. Believe it. These guys are a class act.

Much has already been written about the albums herein; so I'll save the reader the pain of reading a review for each individual album. I will say that the CDs sound exceptional with the remasters, not too loud and not overly compressed. The DVD 5.1 of "Fly By Night" is worth the price of the box alone, especially for the drum sound. The very first Rush album is a drastic improvement from the the first remaster in the '90s.

I can't give this box set more than a 4 star rating due to the _Fly By Night_ CD. That might change once I get the replacement. Again, on all of the CDs, the more progressive tracks such as "By-Tor & The Snow Dog" and "The Necromancer" from _Caress Of Steel_ are the most noticeable as is the same with the other CDs in Sectors 2 & 3. Recommended.

Send comments to Gooner (BETA) | Report this review (#602791) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Review by Nightfly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
4 stars Sector 1 contains the long overdue remasters of the first four studio albums and first live album from Rush.

Touching briefly on the music which is well documented in reviews elsewhere, the eponymous Rush captures the band in heavy rock mode before any prog influences began to creep through. It's a good if unspectacular effort highlights being Finding My Way for its killer riff and likewise Working Man. Fly By Night was a more diverse effort. It also marked the arrival of drummer Neil Peart. The likes of Anthem continue the heavy rock of their debut but the first signs of prog appear with By-Tor And The Snow Dog. Despite some weaker moments such as the laid back Rivendell it marked an improvement with the afore mentioned By-Tor and In The End being particular highlights. Caress Of Steel saw the prog quotient upped considerably further with two tracks in particular, The Necromancer and The Fountain Of Lamneth capturing them in full prog mode. Caress Of Steel has its fans and while there's some good ideas going on in the longer pieces they are a little fragmented. Bastille Day is an excellent heavy rocker and the more reflective Lakeside Park is another welcome addition. Any deficiencies in Caress of Steel were clearly laid to rest on follow up 2112, their first album deserving of a full 5 stars. Alongside the excellent and sprawling full side title track the quality doesn't let up for the more basic second half with A Passage To Bangkok and Something For Nothing being the pick of the bunch. Rounding off this box set is All The World's A Stage which despite being somewhat raw in comparison to later live releases is still my favourite with a truly energetic and exciting performance of most of the best so far.

There can't be many Rush fans who don't have all these albums already (it's the third time I've bought most of these) but there's a marked improvement over the nineties remasters, the songs packing much more punch and having a livelier and brighter sound. If you're a fan it's worth the additional financial layout to buy again and the albums come nicely packaged inside the box in vinyl replica sleeves. Additionally we get a 5.1 mix of Fly By Night. I find the choice to do one album per box a little hard to understand and if only one then surely 2112 would be a more obvious choice? However that aside I remain as yet unconvinced about the benefits of 5.1 mixes and am likely to remain so at least until I have a 5.1 system to match my Hi-fi separates.

If you don't already own these albums then there's no better time to get hold of them, if you do and already enjoy them then the improvement in sound quality makes it worth buying again, after you have bought the superior Sector 2 of course!

Send comments to Nightfly (BETA) | Report this review (#680404) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 24, 2012

5 stars don't but this - wait till it's re-released with the bugs fixed! (SEE BELOW FROM RUSH WEBSITE) and even then - it's mastered WAY too high with reduced dynamic range, compression, clipping, etc from RUSH WEBSITE... We are aware of some slight technical issues surrounding the CD of 'Fly By ... (read more)

Report this review (#581297) | Posted by Matt-T | Saturday, December 03, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RUSH "Sector 1"