THE VILLAGE TO THE VALE

Autumn Chorus

Autumn Chorus The Village to the Vale album cover

Buy AUTUMN CHORUS Music
Studio Album, released in 2012

1. Three Jumps the Devil (7:05)
2. You'll Wait Forever (6:28)
3. Never Worry (3:59)
4. Thief (7:26)
5. Brightening Sky (5:23)
6. Rosa (16:09)

- Bruce White
- Helen Whittaker

Digital Prerelease November 2011
CD Fading Records/AltRock May 2012

Thanks to windhawk for the addition
and to Todd for the last updates

AUTUMN CHORUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy AUTUMN CHORUS The Village to the Vale Music

The Village To The ValeThe Village To The Vale
Fading Records

More places to buy AUTUMN CHORUS music online Buy AUTUMN CHORUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for AUTUMN CHORUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

AUTUMN CHORUS The Village to the Vale ratings distribution

AUTUMN CHORUS The Village to the Vale reviews

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
3 stars This album seemed to have quite a bit of promise, as I was looking forward to the mixture of symphonic prog, folk, and rock. However, I can't seem to get into this album at all. It's not that it is bad, it just isn't my cup of tea.

Right off the bat, the singer reminds me of the singer in the band Infictions. I don't believe they are one and the same, but I would be fooled. They sound almost identical. This also means that the vox have an indie rock spin to them. I'm not a huge fan of this, but it's okay. I also noticed the conspicuous lack of guitar through much of the album; but, when it arrives, it is standard indie fare. I'm not a huge fan of this either.

Yet, I would still enjoy the album if there were more, I don't know, "meat" to the sound. There are symphonic passages, and I would normally love these parts. Yet, they seem soulless and just average. In fact, much of the album is rather ambient in nature: Ambient symphonics play as the vocalist sings---not much else happens. Altogether, it is an interesting band, but not one that I really like particularly. Add to all this that the album seems to center around lovesick frivolities, and I really am not horribly interested in listening to it more than I have already.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#951526) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 29, 2013

4 stars Progressive captivating delicacy. Fine blend of Folk, Post-Rock, Ambient, with a good dose of progression. The Glockenspiel serves to give the music a special touch, distinctive. The first theme Three Jumps the Devil, and especially his first minutes tested the role of this instrument, execute ... (read more)

Report this review (#951201) | Posted by sinslice | Sunday, April 28, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars this time I answered "Yes" to the "Do you really want to give ****** review" prompt :-) What everyone else says. If you liked any of the following albums Harmonium - SI ON AVAIT BESOIN D'UNE CINQUIÈME SAISON Celeste - PRINCIPE DI UN GIORNO PFM - Storia Di Un Minuto Trader Horne - The M ... (read more)

Report this review (#868202) | Posted by progbaby | Wednesday, November 28, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars The return of the English pleasant land. In England's green and pleasant land, you still get some albums that resonates between the villages and hills in England. An album that paint pictures of the English landscapes, the people and the village lives...... anno 1920. This is such an album. ... (read more)

Report this review (#620128) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Thursday, January 26, 2012 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A brilliant album with folk choral type vocals set over some very pastoral music (despite the presence of drums). Unusual with an amazing male lead vocalist (Robbie Wilson) and interesting use of organ, strings, horns and effects (recorded in a church??) With only one song clocking in at less th ... (read more)

Report this review (#578144) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Tuesday, November 29, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of AUTUMN CHORUS "The Village to the Vale"