THE DISCOVERY

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

Born Of Osiris The Discovery album cover

Buy BORN OF OSIRIS Music
Studio Album, released in 2011

1. Follow the Signs (3:50)
2. Singularity (3:33)
3. Ascension (2:27)
4. Devastate (4:35)
5. Recreate (4:00)
6. Two Worlds of Design (3:13)
7. A Solution (2:07)
8. Shaping the Masterpiece (4:39)
9. Dissimulation (2:47)
10. Automatic Motion (2:42)
11. The Omniscient (An Interlude) (2:09)
12. Last Straw (4:00)

- David Darocha / Bass
- Cameron Losch / Drums
- Joe Buras / Keyboards, Backing Vocals

Full-length, Summerian Records, March 22nd, 2011

Thanks to J-Man for the addition

BORN OF OSIRIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BORN OF OSIRIS The Discovery Music

Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive [CD New] US $9.97 Buy It Now 3h 29m
Born Of Osiris - Discovery [CD New] US $11.80 Buy It Now 4h 35m
BORN OF OSIRIS - DISCOVERY NEW CD US $17.32 Buy It Now 7h 10m
BORN OF OSIRIS:Black Magic:T-shirt:NEW:MEDIUM ONLY US $27.92 Buy It Now 14h 35m
BORN OF OSIRIS - Album Art -T-shirt NEW - SMALL ONLY US $27.92 Buy It Now 15h 58m
BORN OF OSIRIS - Album Art -T-shirt NEW - MEDIUM ONLY US $27.92 Buy It Now 15h 59m
BORN OF OSIRIS - Album Art -T-shirt NEW - XLARGE ONLY US $27.92 Buy It Now 16h 2m
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive CD US $14.65 Buy It Now 19h 45m
The Discovery by Born of Osiris (CD, Mar-2011, Sumerian Records) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Born Of Osiris - Discovery CD Pop Rock US $14.65 Buy It Now 1 day
BORN OF OSIRIS A Higher Place CD US $2.04 [5 bids]
A Higher Place by Born of Osiris (CD, 2009, Sumerian Records) US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Discovery by Born of Osiris (CD, Mar-2011, Sumerian Records) US $9.99 [0 bids]
BORN OF OSIRIS - TOMORROW WE DIE ALIVE - SUMCD396 US $19.15 Buy It Now 2 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - THE DISCOVERY - SUMCD51 US $17.49 Buy It Now 3 days
BORN OF OSIRIS 'A Higher Place' 13 song hardcore cd 2009 US $3.95 [0 bids]
The New Reign [PA] by Born of Osiris (CD, Oct-2007, Sumerian Records) US $3.99 [0 bids]
A Higher Place by Born of Osiris (CD, 2009, Sumerian Records) US $3.99 [0 bids]
BORN OF OSIRIS - HIGHER PLACE NEW CD US $17.32 Buy It Now 4 days
Born Of Osiris - Higher Place [CD New] US $10.27 Buy It Now 4 days
Born Of Osiris - Higher Place CD US $14.65 Buy It Now 5 days
Born Of Osiris - Discovery CD US $14.65 Buy It Now 5 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - A HIGHER PLACE - NEW CD US $8.34 Buy It Now 6 days
BORN OF OSIRIS Tomorrow We Die Alive (4 Bonus Track) CD Korea New US $13.99 Buy It Now 7 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - THE DISCOVERY [894587001518] - NEW CD US $8.82 Buy It Now 8 days
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive [Vinyl New] US $25.86 Buy It Now 9 days
The Discovery by Born of Osiris (CD, Mar-2011, Sumerian Records) US $8.99 Buy It Now 10 days
A Higher Place by Born of Osiris (CD, 2009, Sumerian Records) US $7.49 Buy It Now 10 days
Tomorrow We Die Alive * by Born of Osiris (CD, Aug-2013, Sumerian Records) US $7.04 Buy It Now 10 days
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive (2013) - Used - Compact Disc US $5.21 Buy It Now 10 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - DISCOVERY NEW CD US $17.32 Buy It Now 11 days
Born Of Osiris - Discovery [CD New] US $11.94 Buy It Now 11 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - THE DISCOVERY [894587001495] - NEW CD US $8.96 Buy It Now 11 days
Tomorrow We Die Alive, Born of Osiris, New US $11.95 Buy It Now 14 days
Born Of Osiris / Tomorrow We Die Alive (+ 4 Bonus Tracks) CD NEW SEALED US $18.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Born Of Osiris - The Discovery NEW CD US $14.57 Buy It Now 14 days
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive NEW CD US $16.18 Buy It Now 14 days
HIGHER PLACE BY BORN OF OSIRIS (CD) US $17.60 Buy It Now 15 days
CIRCLES Born of Osiris NEKROGOBLIKON Bovine ALAYA Black Dogs + More METAL HAMMER US $1.50 Buy It Now 15 days
BORN OF OSIRIS-HIGHER PLACE CD NEW US $13.50 Buy It Now 15 days
BORN OF OSIRIS-DISCOVERY CD NEW US $14.07 Buy It Now 15 days
Born Of Osiris - Discovery (2011) - New - Long Play Record US $12.55 Buy It Now 15 days
Tomorrow We Die Alive * by Born of Osiris (Vinyl, Aug-2013, Sumerian Records) US $22.92 Buy It Now 16 days
Born Of Osiris - New Reign (2007) - New - Compact Disc US $7.30 Buy It Now 16 days
BORN OF OSIRIS CD - TOMORROW WE DIE ALIVE (2013) - NEW UNOPENED - ROCK METAL US $14.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Born Of Osiris - Higher Place (2009) - New - Compact Disc US $7.30 Buy It Now 16 days
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive Midnight Blue Vinyl Colv LP Vinyl Record US $28.36 Buy It Now 16 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - Tomorrow We Die Alive +4 Bonus Tracks CD NEW $2.99 S/H US $17.98 Buy It Now 17 days
Higher Place - Born Of Osiris US $9.45 Buy It Now 17 days
The Discovery by Born of Osiris (CD, Mar-2011, Sumerian Records) US $8.87 Buy It Now 17 days
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive (2013) - New - Compact Disc US $9.57 Buy It Now 17 days
Born Of Osiris - Discovery (2011) - New - Compact Disc US $9.57 Buy It Now 17 days
Born Of Osiris - Discovery (2011) - Used - Compact Disc US $6.28 Buy It Now 17 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - TOMORROW WE DIE ALIVE * - NEW CD US $9.54 Buy It Now 19 days
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive (NEW CD) US $19.48 Buy It Now 21 days
Born Of Osiris Black Magic T-shirt NEW OFFICIAL size X-Large US $13.94 Buy It Now 21 days
BORN OF OSIRIS**A HIGHER PLACE**CD US $12.58 Buy It Now 21 days
NEW Tomorrow We Die Alive * by Born Of Osiris CD (CD) US $26.04 Buy It Now 21 days
BORN OF OSIRIS-TOMORROW WE DIE ALIVE (MAGENTA VINYL)... VINYL LP NEW US $26.36 Buy It Now 22 days
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive (Magenta Vinyl) [Vinyl New] US $25.86 Buy It Now 22 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - TOMORROW WE DIE ALIVE (MAGENTA) (VINYL) (COLOURED) NEW VINYL US $32.75 Buy It Now 22 days
BORN OF OSIRIS MOSAIC 48"X16" WALL POSTER Ronnie Canizaro US $16.58 Buy It Now 23 days
The Discovery by Born of Osiris (CD, Mar-2011, Sumerian Records) US $9.00 Buy It Now 23 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - Faces Of Death - T-shirt NEW - MEDIUM ONLY US $27.92 Buy It Now 23 days
Born Of Osiris - New Reign Vinyl Record LP US $19.32 Buy It Now 23 days
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive Magenta Vinyl Colv LP Vinyl Record US $28.36 Buy It Now 23 days
New Reign - Born Of Osiris New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $21.74 Buy It Now 24 days
Tomorrow We Die Alive - Born Of Osiris New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $29.03 Buy It Now 25 days
Tomorrow We Die Alive (magenta Vinyl) - Born Of Osiris New & Sealed CD Free Ship US $29.03 Buy It Now 25 days
Born of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive (Music CD) US $24.71 Buy It Now 26 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - NEW REIGN NEW VINYL US $23.36 Buy It Now 26 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - TOMORROW WE DIE ALIVE (MIDNIGHT) (VINYL) (COLOURED) NEW VINYL US $32.75 Buy It Now 26 days
Born Of Osiris - The New Reign (Music CD) US $23.52 Buy It Now 26 days
Born Of Osiris - A Higher Place (Music CD) US $20.02 Buy It Now 26 days
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive - SEALED U.S. cd - RARE! US $9.98 Buy It Now 27 days
Tba - Born Of Osiris US $9.45 Buy It Now 28 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - TOMORROW WE DIE ALIVE NEW CD US $17.32 Buy It Now 29 days
The New Reign by Born of Osiris (Vinyl, Aug-2011, Sumerian Records) US $14.54 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy BORN OF OSIRIS music online Buy BORN OF OSIRIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BORN OF OSIRIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BORN OF OSIRIS The Discovery ratings distribution

BORN OF OSIRIS The Discovery reviews

Review by J-Man
4 stars Despite deathcore's growing reputation as a genre more about cashing-in than creating quality music, a few "diamonds in the rough" have proven to me that deathcore is far from abysmal as a whole. Arguably the greatest of all my discoveries in the deathcore world is Born of Osiris - a band hailing from Chicago, Illinois that embraces the more technical, progressive, and melodic side of the genre. The Discovery is their second full-length album, and it currently stands as one of this year's finest achievements, irrespective of genre. Killer riffs, sleek musicianship, and lush atmospheres make this entire release an absolute blast from beginning to end. Conservative, old-school metalheads may not like The Discovery's modern tendencies, but if you approach this one with an open mind, it's difficult to be left unimpressed. This is a stunning observation from beginning to end, and an easy recommendation from this humble reviewer. I'm just left with one question... why can't all deathcore be this damn good?

Although Born of Osiris are firmly rooted in the modern deathcore scene, they are certainly no stranger to experimentation. Plenty of quirky technical/progressive instrumental sections, atmospheric keyboards, and interludes are contained on The Discovery, all of which set them apart from the "Emmures" of the world. Possibly more unique than their progressive tendencies, Born of Osiris actually manages to make their deathcore side equally intriguing. Breakdowns are used quite frequently, yet every single one of them is excellent. Born of Osiris adds haunting keyboard melodies over most of the breakdowns on The Discovery, and it always keeps things interesting, even if the breakdown only consists of one or two guitar notes. Just listen to the captivating breakdown in "Two Worlds of Design" to understand what I mean by that - the way that groove builds into an atmospheric climax is remarkable. The Discovery also contains a few songs that are devoid of metal influences entirely. The well-composed "A Solution" is an especially noteworthy track, and the keyboard arrangements on that song are particularly stunning. The beautiful instrumental "The Omniscient" also showcases Born of Osiris's diversity as songwriters and musicians. All of The Discovery is top-notch, though, and I'd venture to say that it's without any weak tracks. This album may take a few listens to fully "click", but it's definitely worth all the attention it demands.

From a solely objective point of view, The Discovery passes with flying colors. Born of Osiris are talented musicians across the board, and their professionalism shines through in every song. These guys are not only skillful players, but also truly gifted composers with a knack for crafting memorable melodies and crushingly heavy riffs. The crisp production may sound a bit "overdone" for some people, but I personally find it to be powerful and effective.

The Discovery ended up blowing me away more than I ever would've imagined. Born of Osiris truly are the leaders of the modern deathcore scene, and this most recent offering shows the genre at its best and most refined. This LP will challenge your mind with its intricacies, stun you with its beauty, and make you bang your head like a madman from its brutal riffs - that alone is enough to leave me highly impressed. Factor in the professional musicianship and sleek production, and you have one of 2011's most essential purchases. Fans of Born of Osiris and extreme metal in general should check this one out immediately. 4.5 stars are well-deserved for this stunning masterpiece.

Send comments to J-Man (BETA) | Report this review (#569915) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 18, 2011

Post a review of BORN OF OSIRIS "The Discovery"