THE NEW REIGN

Buy BORN OF OSIRIS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2007

1. Rosecrance (2:13)
2. Empires Erased (3:27)
3. Open Arms to Damnation (2:50)
4. Abstract Art (3:16)

Search BORN OF OSIRIS The New Reign lyrics

Search BORN OF OSIRIS The New Reign tabs

n/a

Full-length, Sumerian, October 2nd, 2007

Produced by Michael Keene.

Thanks to J-Man for the addition

BORN OF OSIRIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BORN OF OSIRIS The New Reign Music

Born Of Osiris - Higher Place CD US $14.65 Buy It Now 2 days
Born Of Osiris - Discovery CD US $14.65 Buy It Now 2 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - A HIGHER PLACE - NEW CD US $8.34 Buy It Now 4 days
Born of Osiris: A Higher Place - 2009 Sumerian Records US $3.99 [0 bids]
BORN OF OSIRIS Tomorrow We Die Alive (4 Bonus Track) CD Korea New US $13.99 Buy It Now 5 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - THE DISCOVERY [894587001518] - NEW CD US $8.79 Buy It Now 5 days
Born Of Osiris - The Discovery CD US $6.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Discovery by Born of Osiris (CD, Mar-2011, Sumerian Records) US $9.02 Buy It Now 7 days
A Higher Place by Born of Osiris (CD, 2009, Sumerian Records) US $7.32 Buy It Now 7 days
Tomorrow We Die Alive * by Born of Osiris (CD, Aug-2013, Sumerian Records) US $7.01 Buy It Now 7 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - DISCOVERY NEW CD US $17.52 Buy It Now 8 days
Born Of Osiris - Discovery [CD New] US $11.94 Buy It Now 9 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - THE DISCOVERY [894587001495] - NEW CD US $8.96 Buy It Now 9 days
CIRCLES Born of Osiris NEKROGOBLIKON Bovine ALAYA Black Dogs + More METAL HAMMER US $2.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Tomorrow We Die Alive, Born of Osiris, New US $11.95 Buy It Now 11 days
Born Of Osiris / Tomorrow We Die Alive (+ 4 Bonus Tracks) CD NEW SEALED US $18.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Born Of Osiris - The Discovery NEW CD US $14.90 Buy It Now 12 days
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive NEW CD US $16.55 Buy It Now 12 days
HIGHER PLACE BY BORN OF OSIRIS (CD) US $17.60 Buy It Now 12 days
BORN OF OSIRIS-HIGHER PLACE CD NEW US $13.50 Buy It Now 13 days
BORN OF OSIRIS-DISCOVERY CD NEW US $14.07 Buy It Now 13 days
Born Of Osiris - Discovery (2011) - Used - Compact Disc US $5.82 Buy It Now 13 days
Born Of Osiris - New Reign (2007) - New - Compact Disc US $7.42 Buy It Now 13 days
Born Of Osiris - Higher Place (2009) - New - Compact Disc US $7.30 Buy It Now 13 days
Born Of Osiris : The New Reign CD (2010) US $10.00 Buy It Now 13 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - Tomorrow We Die Alive +4 Bonus Tracks CD NEW $2.99 S/H US $17.98 Buy It Now 14 days
Higher Place - Born Of Osiris US $9.45 Buy It Now 14 days
BORN OF OSIRIS:Birdwing:T-shirt:NEW:LARGE ONLY US $28.23 Buy It Now 14 days
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive (2013) - New - Compact Disc US $9.57 Buy It Now 14 days
Born Of Osiris - Discovery (2011) - New - Compact Disc US $9.57 Buy It Now 14 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - TOMORROW WE DIE ALIVE * - NEW CD US $9.54 Buy It Now 16 days
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive (NEW CD) US $19.93 Buy It Now 18 days
Born Of Osiris Black Magic T-shirt NEW OFFICIAL size X-Large US $10.18 Buy It Now 18 days
BORN OF OSIRIS-TOMORROW WE DIE ALIVE (MAGENTA VINYL)... VINYL LP NEW US $26.36 Buy It Now 19 days
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive (Magenta Vinyl) [Vinyl New] US $25.86 Buy It Now 19 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - TOMORROW WE DIE ALIVE (MAGENTA) (VINYL) (COLOURED) NEW VINYL US $33.12 Buy It Now 19 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - NEW REIGN NEW VINYL US $23.63 Buy It Now 19 days
BORN OF OSIRIS MOSAIC 48"X16" WALL POSTER Ronnie Canizaro US $16.96 Buy It Now 20 days
Born Of Osiris - Discovery [Vinyl New] US $19.42 Buy It Now 20 days
Born Of Osiris - New Reign [Vinyl New] US $17.49 Buy It Now 20 days
BORN OF OSIRIS-DISCOVERY VINYL LP NEW US $19.43 Buy It Now 20 days
Tomorrow We Die Alive [Magenta Vinyl] * by Born of Osiris (Vinyl, Aug-2013,... US $22.94 Buy It Now 20 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - DISCOVERY NEW VINYL US $23.63 Buy It Now 20 days
The Discovery by Born of Osiris (CD, Mar-2011, Sumerian Records) US $9.00 Buy It Now 20 days
BORN OF OSIRIS:Birdwing:T-shirt:NEW:SMALL ONLY US $28.23 Buy It Now 20 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - Faces Of Death - T-shirt NEW - MEDIUM ONLY US $28.23 Buy It Now 20 days
Born Of Osiris - New Reign Vinyl Record LP US $19.32 Buy It Now 21 days
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive Magenta Vinyl Colv LP Vinyl Record US $28.36 Buy It Now 21 days
Born Of Osiris - Discovery Vinyl Record LP US $21.92 Buy It Now 21 days
Discovery - Born Of Osiris New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $21.74 Buy It Now 22 days
Tomorrow We Die Alive (magenta Vinyl) - Born Of Osiris New & Sealed CD Free Ship US $29.03 Buy It Now 22 days
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive - SEALED U.S. cd - RARE! US $9.98 Buy It Now 24 days
Tba - Born Of Osiris US $9.45 Buy It Now 25 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - TOMORROW WE DIE ALIVE NEW CD US $17.52 Buy It Now 26 days
New Reign - Born Of Osiris New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $21.74 Buy It Now 27 days
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive [CD New] US $9.97 Buy It Now 27 days
Born Of Osiris - Discovery [CD New] US $11.77 Buy It Now 27 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - DISCOVERY NEW CD US $17.52 Buy It Now 27 days
BORN OF OSIRIS:Black Magic:T-shirt:NEW:MEDIUM ONLY US $28.23 Buy It Now 27 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - Album Art -T-shirt NEW - SMALL ONLY US $28.23 Buy It Now 27 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - Album Art -T-shirt NEW - MEDIUM ONLY US $28.23 Buy It Now 27 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - Album Art -T-shirt NEW - XLARGE ONLY US $28.23 Buy It Now 27 days
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive CD US $14.65 Buy It Now 28 days
BORN OF OSIRIS CD - TOMORROW WE DIE ALIVE (2013) - NEW UNOPENED - ROCK METAL US $14.99 Buy It Now 28 days
Born Of Osiris - Discovery CD Pop Rock US $14.65 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy BORN OF OSIRIS music online Buy BORN OF OSIRIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BORN OF OSIRIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BORN OF OSIRIS The New Reign ratings distribution

BORN OF OSIRIS The New Reign reviews

Review by J-Man
2 stars Though deathcore is admittedly not one of my favorite genres, American flag-bearers Born of Osiris have been one of my favorite discoveries this year. Their progressive and technical take on this now-tired mix of death metal and metalcore is refreshing, and their gifted capabilities as songwriters and musicians makes them even more noteworthy in my book. Looking back on The New Reign (their first EP under the band name Born of Osiris) from today's lenses shows that they didn't start out as an eye-opening act, however - while the band's distinct sound is somewhat in place, it's much more immature and disjointed than any of their future efforts. The New Reign is a fairly mediocre effort that relies far too heavily on conventional deathcore techniques for my liking, and when it does deviate from this well-trodden formula, the results are hit and miss.

The music you'll find on The New Reign is best described as deathcore with quite a few technical and melodic twists. There are lots of technical nuances in the compositions, especially in the guitar department, and the synthesizer flavorings give Born of Osiris a few unique assets aside from your standard 'chug-chug-breakdown' deathcore album. While this is definitely a positive in my book, Born of Osiris was still far from perfecting their sound on this EP - the synthesizer tones sound cheap and fake, and they tend to awkwardly dance above the rest of the tech-metal madness with no rhyme or reason. To further add to this, the songs themselves often jump from one section to another without any warning; in short, this is an extremely incoherent and jagged release from a compositional standpoint. The musicianship is undoubtedly excellent, with the lightning-fast guitar leads and complex drum patterns often leaving me in amazement, but the songs are just so disjointed that it's difficult to get too excited about The New Reign.

It's also worth noting that the production is not quite up to par either, with the dry and rather muddy sound often detracting from my overall enjoyment. All in all, The New Reign is not an EP I enjoy very much, but there are still plenty of ambitious ideas throughout its duration to save it from being considered a poor effort. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone except those who can't get enough of Born of Osiris, so I guess 2.5 is a pretty fair score. Time would prove that these lads would improve immensely over this disjointed debut within the next few years.

Send comments to J-Man (BETA) | Report this review (#591736) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 19, 2011

Post a review of BORN OF OSIRIS "The New Reign"