DOGS BLOOD RISING

Studio Album, released in 1984

Antirecords version:
1. Christus Christus the Shells have Cracked
3. From Broken Cross, Locusts
4. Raio no Terrasu (Jesus Wept)
5. St. Peters Keys all Bloody

Mi-Mort version:
1. Christus Christus the Shells have Cracked
3. Christ's First Howling
4. Fields of Rape
5. From Broken Cross, Locusts
6. Raio no Terrasu (Jesus Wept)
7. St. Peters Keys all Bloody
8. I'm The One

1995 Durtro version:
1. Christus Christus (The Shells have Cracked) (3:03)
2. Falling Back in Fields of Rape (14:40)
3. From Broken Cross, Locusts (6:04)
4. Raio no Terrasu (Jesus Wept) (13:56)
5. St. Peters Keys all Bloody (2:20)
6. Dogs Blood Rising (4:58)

Total time: 45:01

2008 Durtro CD version:
1. Christus Christus tThe Shells Have Cracked (3:03)
2. Falling Back in Fields of Rape (14:41)
3. From Broken Cross, Locusts (6:04)
4. Raio no Terrasu (Jesus Wept) (13:57)
5. St. Peters Keys all Bloody (2:22)

Dogs Blood Ascending a remix by Andrew Liles
6. Christus Christus the Shells Have Cracked (3:46)
7. Falling Back in Fields of Rape (14:08)
8. From Broken Cross, Locusts (5:43)
9. Raio no Terrasu (Jesus Wept) (9:32)
10. St. Peters Keys all Bloody (6:30)

Total time: 79:46

2008 Durtro LP version:
1. Christus Christus tThe Shells have Cracked
3. From Broken Cross, Locusts
4. Raio no Terrasu (Jesus Wept)
5. St. Peters Keys all Bloody

LP L.A.Y.L.A.H. Antirecords LAY8 (1988) BE
CD Durtro DURTRO027CD (1995) UK
CD Durtro Jnana DURTRO JNANA 95 (2008) CA
LP Durtro Jnana DURTRO JNANA LP 95 (2008) UK

Thanks to clemofnazareth for the addition

CURRENT 93 MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CURRENT 93 Dogs Blood Rising Music

Dogs Blood RisingDogs Blood Rising
World 1995
Dogs Blood RisingDogs Blood Rising
Durtro / Jnana 2008

More places to buy CURRENT 93 music online Buy CURRENT 93 & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CURRENT 93 DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CURRENT 93 Dogs Blood Rising ratings distribution

CURRENT 93 Dogs Blood Rising reviews

Review by Guldbamsen
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
4 stars Black blood

Sounding unlike anything else in Current 93's discography, Dogs Blood Rising throws the listener into a nightmarish jagged edge soundtrack. I've heard a lot of people talking about evil music - albums that are supposed to be frightening, and most of the time what you encounter are melancholic droopy atmospheres which are as horrifying as a pack of black poodles. Woof!

This debut though will have you reaching for the light-switch in no time. I know, I've had several nightmares due to it. I often use music in the mornings to pull me out of bed - setting the timer on my stereo, and then slowly and comfortably awake to the soothing gentle touch of patterned sound. Having forgot about the cd changer in my old stereo system, this particular album sometimes acted as substitute for an alarm clock, although I wouldn't in a million years consciously dream of using it as such. No way in hell! The music had a ninja like way of sneaking into my dreams - terrorising and haunting me like an evil shadow you can't escape. Each time, I woke up completely soaked in sweat with flashing black dots in front of my eyes - desperately trying to remind myself about reality, life and sunshine.

The music itself is void of bass and guitars, which does conjure up a distinctive high pitched atmosphere, that evokes images of ancient bottomless Gothic churches with huge black holes in them that stretch all the way down to the place where demons and darkness dwell. Instead the sound spectrum is filled with strange embryonic tape loops, crashing cymbals, whispering witches on the wind and most importantly David Tibet's demonic vocals.

It's strange to think that this album just might be the most religion saturated one inside an enormous discography, yet at the same time fulfilling the role of being the single most devilish, evil and frightening of the lot. David Tibet sounds like a man who's personally spent a couple of weeks dangling on a cross with rusty nails through his wrists before laying down the vocal tracks. Imagine an absurd mix of Prodigy's Keith Flint and the utmost vile and rusty black metal screeching cobbled together into one bone-chilling affair - and you're not that far off. Somewhere between incantations and mad unchecked warnings from a religious hermit - you'll find this startling man. With a lyrical content that puts forth the horror and madness of the biblical texts, he illustrates what man has become in order to contain the animal side of him - though always lurking in the back of our minds like burning white embers.

Whether you choose to look at the cold and lifeless ambiance of the music, that more than anything resembles a soldier's march through fields of death and mud - or you face towards the raging vocals of Tibet - the counter-pointing effect of religion and fear, God and hell, man and animal, -is always there. Drawn like a fly to a wound, the feel of this record is the omnipresent soulless and bottomless pit. It's frightening yes - dissonant at times also, but aside from all of these less than sympathetic characteristics of Dogs Blood Rising, you have to give the band some respect for putting such a record out in the midst of the 80s. There was literally nothing out there that sounded remotely like this, and even today I struggle to find any other album that frightens me the way this one does. It is that scary. Feels like a long strange kiss from Vlad the Impaler, while sniffing in the smell of burning wild flowers.

Send comments to Guldbamsen (BETA) | Report this review (#771805) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 15, 2012

4 stars This is the kind of music I'm expecting to encounter in hell after I die... Bring it on, that's all I can say. Hell is where all the interesting people go! 'Dogs Blood Rising' is a guitar and bass free album but is very intense from the first notes right until the end. The opener 'Christus Ch ... (read more)

Report this review (#613339) | Posted by Dobermensch | Thursday, January 19, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CURRENT 93 "Dogs Blood Rising"