Thinking Plague

Thinking Plague Moonsongs album cover

from partners
Studio Album, released in 1987

1. Warheads (8:03)
2. Etude For Combo (6:59)
3. Collarless Fog That One Day Soon (3:20)
4. Inside Out (4:12)
5. Moonsongs (15:23)

Search THINKING PLAGUE Moonsongs lyrics

Search THINKING PLAGUE Moonsongs tabs

- Susanne Lewis / vocals
- Mike Johnson / guitars
- Eric Jacobson / keyboards
- Bob Drake / bass, drums, keyboards (4)
- Mark Fuller / drums

- Mark McCoin / drums (5)
- Fred Hess / alto sax (5)
- Glenn Nitta / soprano sax (5)

Artwork: Susanne Lewis

LP Dead Man's Curve ‎- DMC 007 (1987, UK)

and to Quinino for the last updates

THINKING PLAGUE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Collaborate with, learn how to submit new MP3s.

Buy THINKING PLAGUE Moonsongs Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Decline And FallDecline And Fall
Upon Both Your HousesUpon Both Your Houses
NEARFest Records 2006
In This LifeIn This Life
Rer 2003
In This Life by Thinking Plague (2015-08-03)In This Life by Thinking Plague (2015-08-03)
Decline And Fall by Thinking Plague (2012-01-31)Decline And Fall by Thinking Plague (2012-01-31)
A History Of Madness by Thinking Plague (2003-09-19)A History Of Madness by Thinking Plague (2003-09-19)

More places to buy THINKING PLAGUE music online Buy THINKING PLAGUE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THINKING PLAGUE Moonsongs ratings distribution

THINKING PLAGUE Moonsongs reviews

Review by Sean Trane
2 stars When I set out to discover Thinking Plague , I was expecting many things. So I headed out to the library and rented their first two albums as well as In This Life to have a good overview of their career. I will not repeat what I think of this band - please look at my other review - but I got what I expected: difficult RIO. But I was not expecting to find it uninteresting , relatively boring and uselessly complicated. I hold Bob Drake in high esteem but I don't dig this project too much.

For the confirmed fan of RIO. Please note that these first two albums are now available on a single cd , so you can avoid dishing out your hard-earned $$$. Better yet , look elsewhere.

4 stars 4.5 stars. Man this is one incredible release and the sound quality couldn't be better thanks to Bob Drake's remastering. We are introduced to singer Susanne Lewis on this album. I really came close to giving this a 5 star rating but I feel that although it's better than the debut it's not quite as impressive as the follow-up ("In This Life") which I did give that 5 star rating to. Bottom line is that if you haven't checked out any of THINKING PLAGUE's first three albums you really need to because you won't be disappointed, only surprised at how amazing this band was right from day one.

"Warheads" really blew me away with the opening punchy sounds of bass and drums that sound so good. This one has lots of tempo shifts though,in fact you might say it has multiple personalities.This is my favourite track on here. "Etude For Combo" features some kind of percussion or vibes along with drums then the guitar joins in.Great tune. "Collarless Fog That One Day Soon" has some atmosphere as we get this spacey and somewhat haunting soundscape throughout. "Inside Out" is dark and haunting as the vocals join in.

"Moonsongs" is the almost 15 1/2 minute closer. They closed the debut album off with a track of almost the same length. It opens with percussion, drums and banging sounds as the vocals join in. Guitar before 4 minutes then we get some cool vocal arrangements. A calm 5 1/2 minutes in with strange vocal expressions. I like them. Sax around 9 minutes then we get this relentless beat before 11 minutes. A haunting calm with whispered vocals follows.It kicks back in after 12 1/2 minutes with vocals, then we get a guitar solo a minute later before a calm ends it.

Please track down the "Early Plague years" which has their first two studio albums remastered on one disc. A must for Rio / Avant fans.

Review by Bj-1
4 stars A step up from their interesting but slightly unfocused debut album, Moonsongs shows a more mature and relentless new edge to TP's musical vision. The material is fairly dark, edgy and delightfully creepy throughout, with several mindboggling twists lurking everywhere, and while all of it is on a very dissonant note, TP's unique sense of melody and rhythmic challenges makes this album good for dozens of repeated listenings. Highlights are the gritty and apocalyptic opener "Warheads", which starts out right in your face with spiky and jagged rhythms before segueing into a most atmospheric and pessimistic purgatory, and the monolithic title track, which features intruging tribal percussion for a good rhythmic start before going into a forest of strange vocal samplings (reminiscent of Jarre's 'Zoolook' album from '84) and bizarre couplings of jazz, avantgarde classical and brutal industrial rock.

Finishing a TP album is like finishing a good, twisted horror movie - you simultaineously get mind[%*!#]ed and euphoric, yet can't really shake the thing off for a few days. This is some really dark and weird music but any adventurous listener should check these guys out. Their 1989 masterpiece "In This Life" is also recommended!

Review by Warthur
4 stars Thinking Plague refined their approach between their debut and the more mature Moonsongs, which has a more distinct sound all of its own that is less dependent on the Plague's various RIO influences and antecedents. The epic title track works its way through pulsating rhythms and strange vocal experiments and is an obvious highlight, whilst elsewhere the album reveals a darker and more aggressive direction for the group than the debut album had offered. Whilst I think that In This Life has the edge as far as Thinking Plague's 1980s materials goes, Moonsongs is certainly hot on its heels and worthy of the attention of any avant-prog fan.

4 stars "Moonsongs" is the 2nd LP by the band, and it is also featured in tracks 1 to 5 on the "Early Plague Years" reissue album. Compared to the 1st album "a Thinking Plague", it is a big step forward. The overall atmosphere of the album is much rockier and stronger. Drums and percussion take majo ... (read more)

Report this review (#105324) | Posted by ShW1 | Tuesday, January 2, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars A rather bad example of Rock in Opposition, although not because the album is "difficult" or particularly complicated - actually, it's quite the contrary. Compared to the immensely dense and complex compositions found on Thinking Plague's more recent efforts, 'Moonsongs' appears pret ... (read more)

Report this review (#70137) | Posted by Pafnutij | Tuesday, February 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Being a oldschool-sympho/neoprogfan, and rather new to RIO-genre, I was overwhelmed by "In Extremis" and "A History Of Madness" a while ago. I didn't think music that complicated could become so addictive, but it did. But, thanks to the reviews here on this site of the first two Thinking Plagu ... (read more)

Report this review (#51511) | Posted by sunhillow | Wednesday, October 12, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THINKING PLAGUE "Moonsongs"