CIRCLE OF DECEPTION

Timelock

Timelock Circle of Deception  album cover

Buy TIMELOCK Music
Studio Album, released in 2002

1. The Road To Bablyon (6:04)
2. Man In The Mirror (6:00)
3. Louise Brooks Revisited (6:27)
4. Redskindian (4:44)
5. Different Light (4:20)
6. Oceans Away (5:29)
7. Voodoo (4:31)
8. The Fortune (6:27)
9. Everything Except The World (12:18)
10. The Way I Am (5:14)

- Martin Hendriks / guitars
- Ruud Stoker / vocals

Guest appearance:
- Ed Wernke / drums on all songs
- Rob Boshuijzen / percussion on "The Road To Babylon"
- Sandra Jungsläger / vocals on "Man in the Mirror" & "Everything Except the World"
- Hans van Lint / vocals on "Man in the Mirror", "Everything Except the World" & "Different Light"

Xymphonia Records XYM1004

TIMELOCK MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TIMELOCK Circle of Deception Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Louise BrooksLouise Brooks
Imports
TINNITUSTINNITUS
UNDERGROUND MUSIC MOVEMENT
Vinyl$10.89

More places to buy TIMELOCK music online Buy TIMELOCK & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TIMELOCK DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TIMELOCK Circle of Deception ratings distribution

TIMELOCK Circle of Deception reviews

Review by progrules
4 stars In my review on the debut album by Ywis I described the relation with that band to this one so I will not go into that again. More important about this album is the fact that it was released at all. Because it was so many years ago before the previous one (The Dawn) did. So I was very pleased because I love this band, this band produces quality neo prog so I was hoping they had been able to do this again. I was a little bit anxious becuase The Dawn was somewhat less in my opinion than Louise Brooks (debut) but that had also to do with the fact that their debut was a very good one.

Well, this third one didn't disappoint me at all. It has in common with the debut that all songs are really worthwhile and I always appreciate this very much because it means that when you play the cd you have an all the way great listen without having to skip some poor tracks. It's the case with this album but it's hard to describe each song individually, not that they are all alike or undefinable or something but because they don't have special features to talk about. It's simply very good neo prog. The songs I can say something about are the last two. Everything except the world is a great epic, fantastic build up, starting with a vocal part and ending with great instrumental grand finale, I like those tracks. The last one is the ballad of the album, in fact Timelock hasn't made many of those in their 3 albums. It's not a real soft or quiet kind of neo prog they play, it's quite energetic by the way. It's hard to compare them with other, well known bands. Maybe with early Pendragon, but then only with some resemblance. It's actually melodic neo prog with strong song structure. This one is recommended for sure.

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#148981) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 05, 2007

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Timlock needed 8 years to come with a third studio release , Circle of deception from 2002 is another worthy album, but I think this time the bands wants to be more in a safe zone, the album is ok , good one but less intristing then previous one. The Saga aproach, that melodic neo prog is all over the place here, but sometimes is a bit to usual, to same as other bands. Not a track is poor or bad , but aswell not realy highligts here, for such a long time to release an album, you must come with something as solid as before if not better, but this time Timelock manage to come only with a good album , that for sure were cross almost unnoticed by many. Anyway some intristing pieces are to me , the longest one, nearly 13 min of high class neo prog Everything Except The World , with catchy and solid arrangements, if the whole album were like this track then the album was a lot diffrent one, but sadly the rest are usual stuff, not bad, but without to many pretension from the listner. I will go with 3 stars, while is a good one, the magic moments of The dawn are almost gone, living space to a more safe and explored ground by many neo prog bands before. Still pleasent to listen from time to time.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#292828) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 31, 2010

2 stars Of...what a boring album. I love a lot of prog bands of netherlands as Ayreon, No Name and Mangrove. I bought this album after reading some reviews(¿Saga style? Maybe their worst albums) Like For Absent Friends or Egdon Heath both neo prog bands of the netherlands this band and specially in ... (read more)

Report this review (#183464) | Posted by robbob | Wednesday, September 24, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TIMELOCK "Circle of Deception "