URD

Buy BORKNAGAR Music
Studio Album, released in 2012

1. Epochalypse (6:08)
2. Roots (5:55)
3. The Beauty Of Dead Cities (4:15)
4. The Earthling (6:51)
5. The Plains Of Memories (4:27)
6. Mount Regency (6:08)
7. Frostrite (4:50)
8. The Winter Eclipse (8:45)
9. In A Deeper World (5:42)

Search BORKNAGAR Urd lyrics

Search BORKNAGAR Urd tabs

- Řystein Garnes Brun / Guitars
- Jens F. Ryland / Guitars
- ICS Vortex / Bass, Vocals
- Lazare / Keyboards, Vocals
- Vintersorg / Vocals
- David Kinkade / Drums, Percussion

Official release date March 26th, 2012 by Century Media Records.

Thanks to Lynx33 for the addition

BORKNAGAR MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BORKNAGAR Urd Music

Urd by Borknagar [Music CD]Urd by Borknagar [Music CD]
Century Media
Urd: Limited by Borknagar [Music CD]Urd: Limited by Borknagar [Music CD]
PID

More places to buy BORKNAGAR music online Buy BORKNAGAR & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BORKNAGAR DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BORKNAGAR Urd ratings distribution

BORKNAGAR Urd reviews

Review by Warthur
4 stars Aside from a few thunderous outbursts of blast beats, Urd is an album which showcases Borknagar's utter transformation from their black metal roots. If releases such as The Olden Domain offered a more black metal-leaning precedent for releases such as The Sham Mirrors by Arcturus, here the impression given is of a taken on that sound with the prog elements emphasised and the black metal almost entirely drained away. Clean vocals are for the most part the order of the day (with ICS Vortex returning to the fold full time), as are sweeping keyboard passages courtesy of Lazare.

Some listeners may find that Borknagar's stylistic pendulum has swung a little too far in a prog direction by this point, though the trend has really persisted for several albums and if you've been listening to their material in chronological order and are still on the bandwagon by this point you'll probably find it satisfying.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#959455) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
2 stars I confess that I'm not a fan of Borknager or of black metal. I was intrigued by a recent review of this album that claimed that this band has been getting more and more melodic and less black metal. I will admit, though, that I enjoyed Borknager's older album "Empiricism", as it contained wonderful folksy melodies and much creativity.

So, I listened to this new album, and I came away unimpressed. Maybe a dozen or more listens would allow this to grow sufficiently, but I don't think I can bring myself to do that. This band is certainly more melodic, but that doesn't stop them from the overuse of the bass pedal or the "white noise" effect of the rhythm guitars. I hate those things. They have also omitted the folksy melodies, and replaced them with, well, nothing. Maybe some vocals harmonies that aren't that impressive? They have also taken away the rather intelligent lyrics, as far as I can tell (it can be hard to decipher them, obviously). So, all points of interest for me are now gone.

What we have, then, is a constant storm of double bass (with no variation at all), a blurriness from the guitars, and some okay vocals. Everything else is lost. On top of that, there is little variation between tracks, so the album itself becomes a blur, too. I'm sure fans of Enslaved and Ne Obliviscaris will love this, but I'm don't.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#969200) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 02, 2013

Post a review of BORKNAGAR "Urd"