THE MAN WHO DOES NOT NOD

RIO/Avant-Prog

Tipographica The Man Who Does Not Nod  album cover

Buy TIPOGRAPHICA Music
Studio Album, released in 1995

1. Naked lunch (GOGO Version)
2. Tipographica's worst date

- Akira Minakami / keyboards
- Hiroaki Mizutani / bass
- Akira Sotoyama / drums

Cd. Pony/Canyon PCCR 10181

TIPOGRAPHICA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TIPOGRAPHICA The Man Who Does Not Nod Music

Man Who Does Not NodMan Who Does Not Nod
Pony Canyon Japan 1995
Audio CD$41.46 (used)
GOD SAYS I CANT DANCEGOD SAYS I CANT DANCE
PONY CANYON
Audio CD$23.17 (used)
GOD SAYS I CANT DANCE(HQCD)(reissue)GOD SAYS I CANT DANCE(HQCD)(reissue)
PONY CANYON

More places to buy TIPOGRAPHICA music online Buy TIPOGRAPHICA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TIPOGRAPHICA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TIPOGRAPHICA The Man Who Does Not Nod ratings distribution

TIPOGRAPHICA The Man Who Does Not Nod reviews

Review by DamoXt7942
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Moderator / Psych / Avant / Neo Teams
4 stars I've seen a real avant-jazz band in Japan playing flexibly.

What a tensive and unequivocal but enjoyable and relaxed play they could give to us! Now the more and more I listen to the live work, the stronger and stronger my impression and amazement can be. At first listen to it! The sharp saxophone sounds can tell us all about the album. Their music style is basically jazzy, funky, freaky, and free-formed one, with complex and improvisatory rhythm and play. Really...really we should be fallen into their battles with a saxophone, guitars, and percussion - especially the rhythm section can make all sounds twisted and sharp-edged but strict and steady...have the key role I consider! Indeed there are lots of 'big waves' with alternative beats (so difficult for the outfit to play, harmonize strictly and steadily), but on the stage they could build the songs up freely, naturally. Wanna say, you can't believe this work be of some of their live performances, can you? I'm sure this recording condition should be quite good with heavy and clear instrumental sounds and, on the other hand their skill of playing should be beyond expression. Their intention and purpose - they should kick the core or medulla of avant-jazz rock deeply into our brain - can move and blow us away without any stop.

Although we may not have notice this be a live album without applause between some songs, let me say that the audience should be an invisible (inaudible?) instrument and also the audience could make the songs with the band together. Otherwise, I guess this tension must not be born here.

Yes, this brilliant masterpiece could be born from the ground of the earth, without any artifacts or artifices.

Send comments to DamoXt7942 (BETA) | Report this review (#222054) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 20, 2009

5 stars Well, again I have the greatest pleasure to be the first reviewer of the record! So - This is Tipographica's second effort and the only live album (altogether they have released four albums) but what an album! After the very good and much more than promising debut now we can listen already the ... (read more)

Report this review (#79203) | Posted by Rainer Rein | Wednesday, May 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TIPOGRAPHICA "The Man Who Does Not Nod "