BEE AS SUCH

Krautrock

Amon Düül II Bee As Such album cover

Buy AMON DÜÜL II Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

01. Mambo La Libertad 8'34"
02. Du Kommst Ins Heim 9'22"
03. Stil Standing 8'15"
04. Psychedelic Suite 26'01"

total time: 52'12"

Danny Fichelscher - drums
Jan Kahlert - percussion
Gerard Carbonell - bass

via band's website

Thanks to fluiddruid for the addition

AMON DÜÜL II MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy AMON DÜÜL II Bee As Such Music

Amon Düül II Phallus Dei 1972 UK ORG LP Prog PSYCH Sunset Reissue KRAUTROCK US $50.00 Buy It Now 6h 48m
Amon Düül II Hawk Meets Penguin CD Amon Duul US $5.62 Buy It Now 11h 10m
7"-Single AMON DÜÜL II - Light / Lemmingmania (1971) GERMANY PS / AMON DUUL US $49.99 Buy It Now 4 days
7"-Single AMON DÜÜL II The Tables Are Turned (1972)DUUL US $49.99 Buy It Now 4 days
7"-Single AMON DÜÜL II - Pigman (1974) PS / DUUL US $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
AMON DÜÜL II "Carnival In Babylon" Original 1972 German UA Prog Psych lp M- US $19.95 [0 bids]
Amon Düül II ?- Journey Into A Dream (Viaggio In Un Sogno) 1971 2 LP VG/VG US $90.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Gila- Bury my heart at wounded knee +1 (Popol vuh- Amon Düül II, Coney Island) US $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
AMON DÜÜL II Carnival in Babylon Rare French LP German Kraut Rock Prog US $34.99 Buy It Now 9 days
CHRIS KARRER s/t LP 1980 Vinyl Germany orig VG++ Amon Düül II, Embryo US $29.99 Buy It Now 11 days
AMON DÜÜL II, Carnival in Babylon [United Artists] 1st pressing A1 matrix UK LP US $39.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Amon Düül II ?- Tanz Der Lemminge US $12.75 Buy It Now 12 days
AMON DÜÜL II Almost Live GERMANY CD issue Castle Legends duul US $14.40 Buy It Now 12 days
Amon Düül Ii - Yeti NEW CD US $20.64 Buy It Now 13 days
Amon Düül Ii - Lemmingmania NEW CD US $20.64 Buy It Now 13 days
Amon Düül Ii - Pyragony NEW CD US $20.64 Buy It Now 13 days
Amon Düül Ii - Phallus Dei NEW CD US $20.64 Buy It Now 13 days
Amon Düül II - Live in Concert cd 1973 Embryo Popol Vuh Duul Gila Chris Karrer US $27.39 Buy It Now 17 days
Amon Düül II,SEALED CD,Hawk Meets Penguin,Amon Duul II,Hawk Meets Penguin US $9.99 Buy It Now 24 days
2-LP Amon Düül II Dance of the Lemmings / Tanz der Lemminge 1971 UA VG++ / NM US $124.98 Buy It Now 26 days
Amon Düül II ?- Hijack Vinyl Record Synth Kraftwerk Neu! Cluster Zappa US $31.95 Buy It Now 26 days
Amon Düül II ?- Meetings With Menmachines New Sealed Kraut Rock Klimt Records US $24.99 Buy It Now 26 days
AMON DÜÜL II Hawk Meets Penguin 3 track CD SEALED Duul US $12.72 Buy It Now 28 days
Amon Düül II ROCK IN DEUTSCHLAND vol.1 US $35.00 Buy It Now 28 days
AMON DUUL II / Nada Moonshine - Amon Düül II , NEW ! US $10.00 Buy It Now 29 days
AMON DUUL II / Viva la Trance - Amon Düül II , NEW ! US $10.00 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy AMON DÜÜL II music online Buy AMON DÜÜL II & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for AMON DÜÜL II DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

AMON DÜÜL II Bee As Such ratings distribution

AMON DÜÜL II Bee As Such reviews

Review by Guldbamsen
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
4 stars Black hole night nurse

Wow - just WOW!! How is it even possible for an album made by one of Krautrock's finest to be this neglected - completely overlooked? This has got to be one of the best kept secrets inside the world of progressive music. Sure, the fact that Bee as Such only is available as a download off of the band's website, and that it hasn't even received a proper art work as of yet - and baby we're talking 2012 now - it has been 3 years for crying out loud!!! -Maybe just maybe that has something to do with the remarkable obscurity surrounding the release, but whatever the reasons may be, and whatever the intentions behind all of this hush hush - keep it on the down low big boy, it certainly doesn't complement the music found within. From this Danes' perspective, it is a crying shame.

The purpose of the album, back in April of 2009 when Renate Knaup, John Weinzierl, Lothar Meid, Chris Karrer, Danny Fichelscher, Jan Kahler and Gerard Carbonell entered the Dreamscape studios, was to remove themselves from the past and the Krautrock that had formed them - focusing entirely on making music for the new millennium. That may all very well have been their intentions, but the fact of the matter is that with an all-star cast like that - including some inspiring and psychedelic twin guitar serenades like fiery phoenixes, we were never going to get anything less than a solid and highly esoteric Krautrock album - Amon Düül ll style!

Renate sounds as witchy and foreboding as ever - reminding me of some ancient sea nymph luring men of the big blue oceans out on long strenuous ordeals just to wind up in the embrace of this poisonous female. John Weinzierl's playing is just like I remember it to be - high and mighty - constantly playing around with a loose notion of what he wants - relying on the instrument itself to make up the rest of the story as the music slowly unfolds and reveals its deepest and darkest secrets. Multi-instrumentalist Chris Karrer still sports an undying love of quirky instillations, and the way he approaches any given instrument is a thing of beauty. Come violins come saxophone - he is truly your man - AND he plays a mean guitar as well. Then we've got Lothar Meid who sits in the middle of the proceedings like a big fat Buddha - relegating warm and fuzzy blasts off his unique bass. He is a building block in himself. In short: Every band member is in top form, and whether the aforementioned idea of making music for the millennium ignited something special or these old warhorses just clicked and made music untethered and in the spirit of the moment - or it indeed was a combination of the both, still remains to be revealed, but the outcome sure is thrilling and rocking.

Comprised of 4 tracks one could be led into thinking that Bee as Such is but a brief exercise in music, but with a closing cut lasting some 26 wonderful minutes - you'd be wrong. It lasts nearly an hour. Every tune leading up to this monster of a closer take different routes - wandering freely around in pelting rock gymnastics, pseudo folk aspirations and teutonic gulps of towering Krautrock. If anything, I think this album has everything to do with the past. Albums such as Yeti and Tanz der Lemminge are timeless. They don't fit into boxes - and they certainly aren't ancient artefacts that speak about a once lost generation of musicians that dared to go outside of the confines of modern music. NO - it is infinitely more than that! It was and still is about the music and what it achieves in that fleeting moment, when it reaches your ears. It can literally become the whole world - speak for the whole world - and in sentences you understand with body and mind - only fuller and more intensely. Bee as Such has fragments of this. It dares to be something that is as modern and hip as a bicycle, but that doesn't change its usage and the way we are able to cherish it. I ride my bike every day, I'll have you know!

This is not the past, the present or the future, but it is some sort of hybrid of the three. It is Krautrock - and a damn fine example of it too. My only plea is that they release this little chameleon as a tangible entity. Something I can hold and lick - and something I can stare at, whenever I dream myself away on those German starry night skies with dark and sombre blues and blacks engulfing me, as if a black hole picked me up in its arms and cradled me to the gentle bobbing of Amon Düül ll.

Send comments to Guldbamsen (BETA) | Report this review (#768930) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 10, 2012

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Psych/Space Team & Band Submissions
3 stars Don't know how it comes that they announce this album to be the first one since 28 years? Since 'Vortex' yes, but 'Nada Moonshine' from 1995 seems to be a valuable band album too methinks. Okay, never mind, probably they disregard it for personal reasons. Recorded in April 2009 at the Dreamscape Studios in Munich this one consists of four recordings, where the first three seem to be excerpts from way more extended sessions apparently. Originally it was planned to release this stuff on vinyl and CD too, but 'til today even the official cover art is missing, notified to be Falk Rogner's task on their official website.

One can argue if this is typical kraut rock as such, and their current style is not very close to what they've created in the 1970's. Though it's surely original and experimental, provided with some glowing avantgarde appeal. This predominantly due to the weird, unusual multilingual vocals and recitatives performed by Chris Karrer and Renate Knaup-Krötenschwanz. While the instrumental skills are still proper, this truely is amounting to the sensation here. The opening garagey Mambo La Libertad cannot catch me really, the following German menace Du Kommst Ins Heim shows Karrer playing his violin in a clean manner, a very ambitious song I must say, and you are faced with some improvised vocal acrobatics which are simply ... provoking? ... amazing?

For me it's the Psychedelic Suite which attracts attention basically, improvisation is the name of the game - and this comes closer to what I associate with Amon Düül 2. I mean the initial crawling behaviour decorated with violin and wonderful psychedelic guitars which are nicely swirling around. Renate alternates between German and English language, very expressive, I can smell the spirit. Somewhere in between this even sounds like they are losing control completely. What a blame though, aren't they experienced musicians? So what, all happens with intent, you know.

Currently only available per download from their website 'Bee As Such' is a very special attempt, not for everyone's taste - as for that they simply remain true to their principles. It only remains for me to add that the production is professionally recorded, technically flawless. And yes ... they still can stand on the stage! If you are looking for something really off the beaten path, check this out - 3.5 stars.

Send comments to Rivertree (BETA) | Report this review (#882834) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 27, 2012

Post a review of AMON DÜÜL II "Bee As Such"