MOD.BAROCCO, FRAGILE, MANEGGIARE CON CURA. GRAZIE!

I Pennelli di Vermeer

Rock Progressivo Italiano

I Pennelli di Vermeer Mod.Barocco, Fragile, Maneggiare con cura. Grazie! album cover

Buy I PENNELLI DI VERMEER Music
Studio Album, released in 2003

1. Mantrarock (5.28)
2. Pensieri (5.24)
3. L'urlo - a E. Munch (4.00)
4. La notte (6.04)
5. L nel centro (5.25)
6. Il vedutista suicida (3.56)
7. Onde (7.00)
8. Mondo Materiale (4.54)
9. E allora l'uomo cos'? (4.08)
10. Il circo d'Italia (4.25)
11. Strizzacervelli (3.23)
12. La sagra del bue scartato (4.00)

Search I PENNELLI DI VERMEER Mod.Barocco, Fragile, Maneggiare con cura. Grazie! lyrics

Search I PENNELLI DI VERMEER Mod.Barocco, Fragile, Maneggiare con cura. Grazie! tabs

- Pasquale Sorrentino / vocals, acoustic guitar
- Giovanni Santoro / bass
- Raffaele Polimeno / keyboards
- Pasquale Palomba / guitar
- Marco Sorrentino / vocals, drums

self release (2003)

Thanks to tendst for the addition

I PENNELLI DI VERMEER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Carogna La primavera dei sordi, 2008

Buy I PENNELLI DI VERMEER Mod.Barocco, Fragile, Maneggiare con cura. Grazie! Music

More places to buy I PENNELLI DI VERMEER music online Buy I PENNELLI DI VERMEER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for I PENNELLI DI VERMEER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

I PENNELLI DI VERMEER Mod.Barocco, Fragile, Maneggiare con cura. Grazie! ratings distribution

I PENNELLI DI VERMEER Mod.Barocco, Fragile, Maneggiare con cura. Grazie! reviews

Review by apps79
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Neo Prog Team
3 stars I Pennelli di Vermeer or ''The brushes of Vermeer'', named after the work of Dutch painter of Johannes Vermeer, were formed in 2002 in Napoli by five young musicians, Pasquale Sorrentino on vocals, Raffaele Polimeno on keyboards, Marco Sorrentino on drums, Pasquale Palomba on guitar and Giovanni Santoro on bass.They self-released their debut the next year under the artistic title ''Mod. Barocco, Fragile, Maneggiare con cura, Grazie!", of course featuring a painting by Vermeer in the front cover.

Impossible to be defined, their style is a very theatrical, modern Art Rock, deriving elements almost from any possible musical source and setting up a very rich and dense musicianship, having Art Rock as the initial basis and moving on from this point through time and place.Of course the flavor is always rocking, sometimes with some quite heavy guitar moves, but the overall mood is very theatrical with breaks leading from groovy lines to melodic ans sometimes old-fashioned styles, like 60's Soul Pop, Funk or Cabaret Music, while the album contains plenty of multi-vocal arrangements.The array of keyboards help to this unique music journey of the group, including piano, organ, synthesizers and harsichord, thus starting from the sixties and ending up in recent years.The Italian taste of the vocals are another positive asset of I Pennelli di Vermeer, though hardly the band can be compared to any of the significant acts of the country.Some vintage keyboard-led instrumental plays even have a strong psychedelic vibe from the early-70's, while even fans of more Classic-oriented Prog will find something to like in here.The overall combination does not work extremely well in some tracks, but the general style has its own charm and comes as definitely personal.

If a term Theatrical Prog would be invented, I Pennelli di Vermeer should be listed as one of the candidates.Pleasant, optimistic and multi-influenced music with impressive vocal lines.Recommended.

Send comments to apps79 (BETA) | Report this review (#996584) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 12, 2013

Post a review of I PENNELLI DI VERMEER "Mod.Barocco, Fragile, Maneggiare con cura. Grazie!"