Dead Can Dance

Dead Can Dance Live Happenings IV album cover

from partners
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2012

1. I Can See Now (2:39)
2. American Dreaming (4:18)
3. Sanvean (4:56)
4. Rakim (6:45)

Search DEAD CAN DANCE Live Happenings IV lyrics

Search DEAD CAN DANCE Live Happenings IV tabs

- Lisa Gerrard
- Brendan Perry

Various musicians

Free download from Dead Can Dance website

Thanks to memowakeman for the addition

DEAD CAN DANCE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DEAD CAN DANCE Live Happenings IV Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Pias America 2014
Dead Can Dance / Garden of the Arcane DelightsDead Can Dance / Garden of the Arcane Delights
Within the Realm of a Dying SunWithin the Realm of a Dying Sun
Into the LabyrinthInto the Labyrinth
Imports 2016
Box set
Rhino 2001
Toward the WithinToward the Within
Toward The WithinToward The Within
4AD 2016
Garden of the Arcane Delights + Peel SessionsGarden of the Arcane Delights + Peel Sessions
Spleen and IdealSpleen and Ideal
4AD 2016

More places to buy DEAD CAN DANCE music online Buy DEAD CAN DANCE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

DEAD CAN DANCE Live Happenings IV ratings distribution

DEAD CAN DANCE Live Happenings IV reviews

Review by memowakeman
3 stars The fourth of this Live EP series has just been released and now can be downloaded through Dead Can Dance's website. As usual, this one features four songs from different live performances; this time, they choose shorter tracks, so the four make a total time of 16 minutes.

'I Can See Now' is the one that opens this EP. It is also the shortest song, with only 2:40 length. This is basically a Brendan Perry led track where his voice reaches high and emotional tunes, while he is playing his acoustic guitar in a soft way; there are some other instruments that accompany him and work as background. The following track is 'American Dreaming' and Perry continues with his leadership, but now the rhythm is a bit faster and more intense. The acoustic guitar is sweet, the voice soft and relaxing, while there is a permanent smooth atmosphere. While the seconds pass, new elements are being added until the song reaches a climax where the emotions are at its highest.

Well, but if we want to talk about emotions, we will have a very special, touching piece now with 'Sanvean', which as you know, is a piece sung by Lisa Gerrard. This is particularly one of my favorite Dead Can Dance songs ever, no matter the mood I am, this song always moves me, always cause me goose bumps and even tears. Her voice is so magical, angelical and disarming at the same time, something only she can do.

And this fourth Live EP finishes with 'Rakim' which is another classic track from DCD repertoire, and it is also the longest one here, taking in consideration that in the first minute of this track we can listen to Brendan Perry introducing the members of the band. Well, then the song actually starts with Lisa playing the santur, it continues for a minute and then percussion enter producing a kind of tribal sound with a gothic atmosphere and wonderful male vocals. Later there is a pause and Lisa's voice enter making a repetitive but haunting sound, then Brendan's one enter as well and we can now listen to both voices over a delicious musical structure. Great song!

Well, as a fan, I cannot help but downloading all this Live EP's they are offering, and though they have already announced their upcoming North American Tour, I keep my fingers crossed and hope the contemplate a visit to Mexico City. Three stars.

Enjoy it!

Post a review of DEAD CAN DANCE "Live Happenings IV"