RED FOREST

Buy IF THESE TREES COULD TALK Music
Studio Album, released in 2012

1. Breath of Life (1:48)
2. The First Fire (6:30)
3. Barren Lands of the Modern Dinosa (5:57)
4. They Speak With Knives (5:40)
5. The Gift of Two Rivers (1:11)
6. Red Forest (8:25)
7. The Aleutian Clouds (3:03)
8. Left To Rust and Rot (5:24)
9. When The Big Hand Buries The Twelve (9:38)

Search IF THESE TREES COULD TALK Red Forest lyrics

Search IF THESE TREES COULD TALK Red Forest tabs

- Tom Fihe / bass guitar
- Jeff Kalal / guitar
- Cody Kelly / guitar
- Mike Socrates / guitar
- Zack Kelly / drums

Self Release/Science of Silence(vinyl)/The Mylene Sheath(vinyl) 2012

Thanks to angelmk for the addition

IF THESE TREES COULD TALK MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IF THESE TREES COULD TALK Red Forest Music

More places to buy IF THESE TREES COULD TALK music online Buy IF THESE TREES COULD TALK & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IF THESE TREES COULD TALK DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IF THESE TREES COULD TALK Red Forest ratings distribution

IF THESE TREES COULD TALK Red Forest reviews

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock and Crossover Teams
4 stars I'm completely surprised that I had never heard of this post-rock band. Why? Well, for starters, they hail from Akron, OH, which just so happens to be my hometown/current location. I'm unsure of why I've not heard of them, and it's even stranger when you consider just how good these guys are at what they do.

This is post-rock. The formula is basically the same: lots of ambiance, soaring atmospheres, a lack of real structure; but, rather, more of a constant progression or movement to the music. Overall, a type of music that focuses on textures and feelings, rather than on power and structure. There are few post-rock bands that really gain my interest more than If These Trees Could Talk. Their sophomore album, "Red Forest", showcases the one aspect of their music that is different than other post-rock bands: the technical prowess of which this band is capable.

I was floored, really. The incredibly delicate, yet technical drums; the soaring, blistering lead guitar; the dynamic bass; and the mood-inducing rhythms all come together to form an album that catches your interest and doesn't let go. "Barren Lands of the Modern Dinosaur", for example, blows us away with amazing texture, but also with difficult soloing that somehow works its way into the post-rock style without compromising it. Again and again, this album wowed me. These guys have confidence in a sub-genre that usually lacks it.

It's more than that, though. "Red Forest" is capable of messing with your emotions, elating and deflating you at its whim. Depression one minute, hope the next. This type of masterful control is something I look for in the texture-driven style of post-rock, and many bands simply lack the finesse and expertise of If These Trees Could Talk. This must be heard by all post-rock fans.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#1020620) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 19, 2013

4 stars One of the most delightful surprises from the post-rock genre of the latest years. ITTCT first album is a piece that every post-rock fan would love from the slow and soaring intro til the late notes of "When the Big Hand Buries the Twelve". After the first hypnotic two minutes, arrives to our ... (read more)

Report this review (#1292220) | Posted by progadicto | Wednesday, October 15, 2014 | Review Permanlink

4 stars "If These Trees Could Talk" were sort of my introduction to the genre of post-rock though I've listened to various bands from this genre while not really understanding that it was a genre in itself. There were 2 things that got me hooked on to If These Trees Could Talk: - the first was the ... (read more)

Report this review (#878280) | Posted by sv_godspeed | Wednesday, December 19, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IF THESE TREES COULD TALK "Red Forest"